Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Well, she did get his full-on attention every third/fourth night back in the day...when her twelve half-siblings had to share him.  She did go to a fancy-ass private college, when the others didn't.  Special Snowflake status got her extra, when Mama Meri was HBIC.

Meri advocated for her kid, while Christine and Janelle kept popping out babies and accepting whatever little was offered. Christine said it herself that she let her kids needs come last and didn't advocate for them in the family. That's not Mariah's fault. And we haven't exactly seen Mariah hanging out with Kody lately, so it's hard to know what their relationship status is. When he and Janelle were talking about Gabe's girlfriend maybe moving in, Kody made a comment about everyone abandoning their morals or something. Mariah and Audrey are living together outside of marriage, so who knows how Kody speaks to her these days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 12/29/2021 at 5:42 PM, Sasha888 said:

That's where I am, too. Mariah has even worse taste than her mother, and that's really saying something. 

I thought I didn't like Christine's big black glasses, but these are much worse. How does Mariah look at all of the options in a store and buy the ugliest item every time.

Slightly off topic, but...   as someone with horrible eyesight, I have to laugh when it's time to pick out frames.  Without my glasses on I can barely see, so it's hard for me to tell what looks good and what doesn't.  I usually give up after trying on three or four pairs and just pick one and hope for the best.  It would be great if I could drag someone with me to give me an honest opinion, but that hasn't happened the last few times I've had to pick out frames.  

Although, I stick to plain-ish frames to be safe.  Big, bold, "look at my glasses!" frames are not my thing.

Back on topic:  they look very happy in the pictures.  I'm happy for them.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Meri advocated for her kid, while Christine and Janelle kept popping out babies and accepting whatever little was offered. Christine said it herself that she let her kids needs come last and didn't advocate for them in the family. That's not Mariah's fault. And we haven't exactly seen Mariah hanging out with Kody lately, so it's hard to know what their relationship status is. When he and Janelle were talking about Gabe's girlfriend maybe moving in, Kody made a comment about everyone abandoning their morals or something. Mariah and Audrey are living together outside of marriage, so who knows how Kody speaks to her these days.

In that top picture, Audrey looks like he’s wearing a wedding band. It seems unlike them to quietly get married, but I wonder if COVID changed their plans?  

I hope I used the right pronoun, no offense intended if I got it wrong. 

• Love 9
On 2/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, MMLEsq said:

Slightly off topic, but...   as someone with horrible eyesight, I have to laugh when it's time to pick out frames.  Without my glasses on I can barely see, so it's hard for me to tell what looks good and what doesn't.  I usually give up after trying on three or four pairs and just pick one and hope for the best.  It would be great if I could drag someone with me to give me an honest opinion, but that hasn't happened the last few times I've had to pick out frames.  

Although, I stick to plain-ish frames to be safe.  Big, bold, "look at my glasses!" frames are not my thing.

When I take someone to an eye appointment and trying on frames is involved, I take a picture of them wearing them. Then they can look at the picture. I’m sure staff would be willing to do the same, or taking a selfie would work.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, MMLEsq said:

I also can't see when I try on frames.  Two years ago I found frames that look good on me, AND fit me the best of any frame I have ever had (worn glasses since 4th grade). I went back and had them order me two pair of the same frame without lenses.  They are stored away for the next time I need to replace the ones I wear every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 2/15/2022 at 12:26 PM, Kbo said:

In that top picture, Audrey looks like he’s wearing a wedding band. It seems unlike them to quietly get married, but I wonder if COVID changed their plans?  

I hope I used the right pronoun, no offense intended if I got it wrong. 

I seem to remember Audrey's pronouns as they and them.  

I haven't heard that they've changed their name.  

On a superficial note, that nose ring on Audrey looks too small.  

• Love 6

Does anybody know which pronouns Mariah uses? Also not to keep going back to the catfish, I know Meri was trying to drag Mariah along to meet “Sam” but did Mariah actually go and did she meet the woman (forget what character name was being used for the woman) 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anybody know which pronouns Mariah uses? Also not to keep going back to the catfish, I know Meri was trying to drag Mariah along to meet “Sam” but did Mariah actually go and did she meet the woman (forget what character name was being used for the woman) 

Lindsay was the name the catfish used when she would show up to represent "Sam", she was supposedly Sam's assistant.  

I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of Mariah, Meri and "Lindsay" taken at Disney, they were all grinning as if they were having a grand old time.  I wonder who paid for ride tickets, Sam should have sent Lindsay with enough to cover them for a full day of fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of Mariah, Meri and "Lindsay" taken at Disney, they were all grinning as if they were having a grand old time.  I wonder who paid for ride tickets, Sam should have sent Lindsay with enough to cover them for a full day of fun.

I recall that "Sam" never let on that "he" wouldn't be there.  "Lindsay" showed up and made some lame excuse.  

• Love 7

Was all of this on the show? There were a couple of years that I lost interest in Sister Wives and didn't watch. So I have always been confused about the whole catfish thing. Does anyone kow what season this was on? I'd like to go back and watch it. 

Never mind. I found it season 9.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 1
On 12/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, iwantcookies said:

I guess nose rings are popular. I can’t imagine getting one myself how would I blow my nose?

It doesn't get in the way.  However, it was THE MOST painful piercing I have gotten and wouldn't do it again.  Which is why I will also never take it out.  HA!

• Love 4
On 2/18/2022 at 9:59 AM, 65mickey said:

Was all of this on the show? There were a couple of years that I lost interest in Sister Wives and didn't watch. So I have always been confused about the whole catfish thing. Does anyone kow what season this was on? I'd like to go back and watch it. 

Never mind. I found it season 9.

and 10, and 11, and 12, and....   

PS I'm so sorry Mickey, the above was in no way a slam at you,  I just could not resist.  😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 2/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, Natalie68 said:

It doesn't get in the way.  However, it was THE MOST painful piercing I have gotten and wouldn't do it again.  Which is why I will also never take it out.  HA!

If you ever have to get a head, sinus or facial bone CT scan, you might have to. With MRI, it could burn. Fwiw. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

F7B140CB-6715-42B0-9F24-8D6FB1B61014.jpeg

I see Mariah is still doing the ugly black box dye that doesn’t go with her skin tone.

What is it with the Brown girls and dying their hair black? Mariah, Maddie and Mykelti have all done it and the harsh shade doesn’t work on them. Also, black hair is so hard to lift when you want to reverse it. 

I was watching some old clips of Mariah with her natural blonde and it was really pretty. People go to the salon and pay for that shade—Mariah’s natural hair below: 

image.jpeg.2f45a47b9e8e4a7cbc36c3b09f92aff1.jpeg

• Love 11
(edited)
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does Disneyland have a separate day for He Gays and Theys  or (Boys Gays and Theys)?

It is odd that they use "Girls" to refer to girls and women in this day and age.

That struck me as odd too.  Mariah is so quick to take offense if anyone uses anything but what she deems proper pronouns, the use of the term "Girls" seems out of place. 

I may say something like...I am having the girls over for lunch...but I don't think many women refer to themselves as girls past the age of 16.

Edited by Sandy W
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

That phrase and the use of "girls" is not a Mariah thing it is a lgbtq+ community thing, so any objections to the use of the word in reference to an adult female or female presenting should be directed toward the overall community and advocate organizations

• Love 3
On 3/1/2022 at 8:00 PM, ginger90 said:

A new tattoo for Audrey:

7AFA3A8E-A062-4F59-8925-A61B0D5C9443.jpeg

FA36685C-0D34-4824-AAA8-CC54F4FD92AE.jpeg

I recently read a medical article about a study that shows the high number of people with tattoos, who have chemicals from the tattoo ink show up in their lymph glands!  The study didn’t know what to make of it.  They can’t say it’s dangerous yet.  Still, it really made me think about it.  (I don’t have any tattoos, yet.)  

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2022 at 7:10 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

If you ever have to get a head, sinus or facial bone CT scan, you might have to. With MRI, it could burn. Fwiw. 

I actually get MRI's yearly.  I take it out just in case.  But that is good to know!!!

• Love 3
On 2/15/2022 at 8:11 PM, Kellyee said:

When he and Janelle were talking about Gabe's girlfriend maybe moving in, Kody made a comment about everyone abandoning their morals or something. Mariah and Audrey are living together outside of marriage, so who knows how Kody speaks to her these days.

I think Kody has started to realise that his children have turned into sensible and independent adults that make their own choices in life and have their own set of values. And being the control-freak douchebag he is, it must be hard to accept it when they go against all he believes in. I’m sure he once pictured almost all of his kids happily married and ideally as polygamists, with a whole lot of grand kids by the time he turned 60.

The future turned out completely different, they chose monogamous relationships which can be same-sex like Mariah and possibly Gwen) Some decide to marry and others don’t (just yet) and live together unmarried (Logan, Mariah, Gabe and maybe Garrison). Some choose partners he doesn’t necessarily approve of (Mykelti) And not all seem to want children of their own like Logan. Maybe this is another explanation for his frustration and erratic behavior. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but is that a hint of mustache on Audrey?  Are they transitioning? 

11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Yes Audrey is identifying as a man

You can identify as male (or female) without having to go through the process of transitioning. In fact, I think some countries are working on laws to allow for a legal gender change without transitioning. I don’t know much about this topic but apparently not all transgender people feel the need to transition. I think Audrey once said something like “that it’s not in the plans right now”? So maybe in the future, which could of course mean now too… we’ll see.

• Useful 6

It appears Audrey identifies as non-binary with a bend towards transmasculine in some fashion. It's very possible they're taking testosterone, and some non-binary people do choose to take hormones. There's a lot of variation and options within the non-binary identity. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

It's a non-binary thing.  Here is some information.

Interestingly, I’ve always used “they” when I wasn’t sure of someone’s gender or as a generic way to refer to someone. “They were asking what our hours were” when a person called, and so on. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Interestingly, I’ve always used “they” when I wasn’t sure of someone’s gender or as a generic way to refer to someone. “They were asking what our hours were” when a person called, and so on. 

Right, because the singular "they" as a gender-neutral pronoun is grammatically correct in the English language. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, questionfear said:

Right, because the singular "they" as a gender-neutral pronoun is grammatically correct in the English language. 

Apparently it is now but I prefer to make the whole sentence plural or use the person's name or other defining word (like the student, teacher, doctor, caller, etc.).  Also, many who identify as she or he, including trans people, do not like anyone assuming they are non-binary, gender curious or neutered. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2022 at 10:54 PM, deirdra said:

Apparently it is now but I prefer to make the whole sentence plural or use the person's name or other defining word (like the student, teacher, doctor, caller, etc.).  Also, many who identify as she or he, including trans people, do not like anyone assuming they are non-binary, gender curious or neutered. 

Correct, if you're unsure it's always best to politely ask what someone's pronouns are or just try to avoid them until you figure it out. 

Also, for me personally I use they/them, but if I meet people who have difficulty with it (like someone for whom their first language doesn't have a singular they) I use he/they. Everyone is different though, and going back to the topic at hand, if Audrey lists they/them then that's what you use for them. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
On 3/4/2022 at 1:51 PM, winsomeone said:

Audrey is now a "they?" She is now referred to as a plural person? I am confused.

I think the term is used as it is gender neutral, confusing to me too but not so much as "womxn".

• Love 4
15 hours ago, questionfear said:

(like someone for whom their first language doesn't have a singular they) I use he/they.

I'm german and we don't have a single "they". To make matters more confusing, in german "they" and "she/her" is exactly the same word: "sie".  So our german singular they is "xier". That's the best they came up with. I find xier more confusing than "they", but I will get used to it eventually. I'll do my best 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Elodia said:

I'm german and we don't have a single "they". To make matters more confusing, in german "they" and "she/her" is exactly the same word: "sie".  So our german singular they is "xier". That's the best they came up with. I find xier more confusing than "they", but I will get used to it eventually. I'll do my best 😊

Ha, it's funny, part of why I adopted the he/they was for a friend of a friend who was german and got very tripped up by they/them!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So Audrey wouldn’t be Audrey any more if she’s a man. What’s her new name?

Mariah likes women so how does this work if Audrey transitions into a man?

She has a mustache and seems to have no boobs. 

Very confusing. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

So Audrey wouldn’t be Audrey any more if she’s a man. What’s her new name?

Mariah likes women so how does this work if Audrey transitions into a man?

She has a mustache and seems to have no boobs. 

Very confusing. 

It's considered polite to refer to people by their preferred pronouns. Audrey goes by they/them. Audrey said in their coming out message that they are keeping their name for now, Mariah appears to still be with them. Sexuality can be fluid, especially for the partners of someone who is transitioning. 

Audrey is likely on testosterone and possibly either had surgery to flatten their chest or is wearing a chest binder, but I'm not going to speculate on someone else's body or choices. 

Gender and sexuality can be confusing if it's outside your normal experiences, but there are some good links in this thread that can help, and I am happy to PM you some resources if you'd like. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I love her tatoo.  She must have an affinity for Winnie the Poo.  I'm glad she posted a black and white version of the tatoo on her calf because I couldn't see the one she did in color too well.  I wonder when she had it done.  It looks like she found a quality technician which is fortunate for her.  Her tatoo looks better than Mariah's to me.

• Love 2