Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I give Annie credit. She used her bullets to put down as many walkers as she could. I didn't understand why though why Michonne didn't try to put Married Guy down.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that, too.  She had plenty of time to stand there and contemplate the situation, but couldn't give Married Guy the mercy kill?  Not cool.  (And yet somehow I don't blame Michonne, whereas I blame a lot of characters for a lot of things.  In this, I blame her puppetmaster writers.)

• Love 3

Rick's superpower is that he can convince anyone in less than two minutes that he's absolutely nuts.

That's not a super power. That's just them having met him.

I went to bed last night thinking Glenn was dead, but now that I've actually slept a little I don't think so any more. The group getting an RV again right when Glenn dies seems like.. a bit much. And not in the usual style of this show's a bitmuchness, if that makes any sense.

Mostly agreed with Michonne, but I think it actually is okay to write notes, just in case.

And, because it cannot possibly be said enough times, fuck Nicholas. Fuck him with a giant bag of horny zombies, and then make him watch every scene that he's ever been in, and then fuck him some more, and then send him to hell and let Buttons fuck him.

• Love 11

Well there have been controversial episodes of TWD before but I dont think one has ever been this intense! I mean I "know" many of you from TWOP, many of you just from here, almost all of the one's that Im thinking of are such hard core TWD fanatics and now this morning, poster after poster "fuck this show!" "burn this mutherfucker down!" "kill 'em all!" "fuck you fuck you fuck you and oh yeah fuck YOU!!!!" I mean yall are so angry! I feel ya of course because I too have been on this TWD train since day 1 (of the comics) and I too dearly love Glenn the pizza boy. HOWEVER, I have not yet watched TTD but those of you who have, yall spilled a lot of beans so personally, Im not too fussed about Glenn right now, thanks for the spoilers ;)

Now here's what I really want to talk about, sorry OP but I just pulled this out of your post

Morgan got back to ASZ in like 30 seconds and somehow Glenn & Co are wandering in purgatory, with a decided lack of adrenaline going on.  I mean, it's not like there's something bad going on at home, and a walker herd behind them.  But take your time

So we see all these scenes of Rick running and running and running for days and weeks and the rest of his life just flat out RUNNING almost the entire episode he just ran so damn much. Before he took off though, he told 2 of the 5 people he trusts most in this world to (paraphrasing) "Run and keep running, if anything is in front of you or tries to stop you kill it. If anyone slows you down, leave them." He told Glenn knowing Glenn is highly motivated to get back to Maggie plus Glenn has seen all the same shit as RIck, Glenn knows the score. He tells this to Michonne knowing Michonne is also highly motivated to get back to town to protect Rick's kids in particular (I think everyone in Rick's core group mostly thinks of Judith as their baby and Carl as well Carl). Rick tells them this knowing they've been through all the same shit so therefore they will not be sentimental, they will do the job, Rick takes off running.

Glenn and Michonne immediately ignore what Rick told them. AND they literally were just strolling along. I mean that one person even said right out loud "they walk" meaning, the deadies walk, the living RUN. SIGH. I hate when the show gets stupid, I really do. We KNOW these characters, we KNOW Michonne and Glenn would have kept running and if they had an injured person, they would have stashed them safely and KEPT RUNNING. Random white girl with twisted ankle is NOBODY, especially if the choice is save HER or get back to town and save MAGGIE, well bye random white girl, save one bullet for your own head! Ooops. Same goes for random hot black guy, he may be hot but he is NOBODY when the choice is to save his random ass or get back to town and save Judith. Finally no, Glenn would not suddenly lose his fucking mind and allow NICHOLAS to lead ANYTHING oh my fucking god.

I dont hate the show though, these three episodes have been awesome :D

• Love 17

Oh come on, Show.  COME ON.  Dumpster diving?!?  But first, I must digress into small nitpicks that are, in retrospect, kind of hugely bugging me:

1. As others have pointed out, WHY the hell are seasoned vets like Michonne standing around, mouth agape, watching people get eaten alive?  This is not season one!  When they panned over to the fence and watched Betsy’s husband get eaten, I was *oh that’s sad* for two hot seconds, and assumed Michonne and whoever had high-tailed it out of there.  Nope.  I actually yelled, “WTF!  Run!  Why are you just standing there?  If you want to hang around, at least put the guy out of his misery first!  Fuckin’ NOOBS!!” 
2. I am tired of Red McShirties like stupid hat guy who ran off like an eejit, and Betsy’s husband whom no one had ever seen before, taking up valuable bandwidth to do a walk & talk with our main cast.  STFU already.  Nobody cares.
3. Why is an obviously unstable and traumatized Nicholas, who looks clearly unwell, the one to lead them around from building to building?  Why isn’t Heath, Mr. I’ve-Been-on-Lots-of-Runs-and-Seen-a-Lot-of-Shit, man, knowing where the fuck to go here, considering this podunk town is not that far away from ASZ?
4. Which leads me to this: the geography at play here is mind-boggling.  Rick and Morgan take Dr. Porchdick’s body out to bury, a few miles out of town, and discover the quarry, but it’s obviously not too far for Porchdick, Jr. to run along and catch up with them.  So why does it seem like this quarry is a massive amount of miles away from the ASZ?  And the ASZhats in the woods (twisted ankle lady –but of course, how can we go through a season of TWD without some dumbass twisting her ankle) look like they’ve been on the Bataan Death March.  And Daryl is seen on his motorcycle going at top speed hither and thither: is the quarry two states over now?  I don’t get this.

Now for the biggest nitpick of all: Glenn’s death.  It’s pretty fucking contrived that Glenn, the man known for being “good in a tight spot” (season 2 Maggie quote) would allow himself to get cornered in a dead-end alley with no possible way of escape.  The Glenn we have known and loved since season one would have jumped on the roof of the nearest building, scaled the top of the chain-link fence, anything OTHER THAN stupidly, panickingly standing on top of a dumpster. FFS.  He’s not an injured Otis: he’s nimble, wiry strong and quick-thinking Glenn Rhee!  It is a truly stupid, stupid death, and confirms to me the relentless nihilism of the show.  Yay.  I'm also reminded the bumped Lori off in the third episode of season three but that seemed like it could happen, plausibly, and it made me cry (still does) even though I disliked Lori.  That being said, I am still very much in denial, and in my head canon Glenn was pinned under Nicholas (whose guts provided the brief zed buffet), and rolled underneath the dumpster and took off through a hole in the fence.  HA

• Love 20

The producers have always said that they need to kill main characters to advance the storyline. That's why I don't think that Glenn is dead. His death would do nothing to advance the storyline, other than show that zombies are really dangerous and that Nicholas is an asshole. I would hope that they wouldn't waste the death of an Episode 1 character in such a useless way. While I understand that practically every character may die at some point, I would want the fan favorites to go out in a courageous blaze of glory.

• Love 8

That pissed me off!  The RV won't start after you killed off the guy who learned from Dale how to fix an RV?  Fuck you, show.  That's not cute.  It's just stupid and you're piling on.  

That was my first thought when the RV wouldn't turn over (it still might within the first few minutes of us catching back up with Rick after the Morgan-a-thon), and it made me really sad.

I was/am pretty shocked about Glenn so some of this is probably denial, but there's so much doesn't add up for me and some of it I can't quite put my finger on. IF true, a major character getting eaten with no witnesses is really off. If that is Glenn, the heard will devour him whole so there is no way there would be enough left to be a zombie. Sure, they could find the watch, but that is likely not enough. Not everyone needs a ton of build-up and focus before they die (like Tyrese), since that starts to give things away, but Glenn hasn't had much screen time lately, so it's seems really odd to kill an original character during such a lull, unless it was some heroic display. I don't buy the, "well, it happens in real life that people die everyday in mundane ways" argument. This isn't real life, it's a work of fiction with arcs and beats and writers who decide what happens and to whom.  There's just something about the way this played out that doesn't seem right.

• Love 8

So Ricks hand. Is he going to have to chop it off like Hersels leg?

The producers have always said that they need to kill main characters to advance the storyline. That's why I don't think that Glenn is dead. His death would do nothing to advance the storyline, other than show that zombies are really dangerous and that Nicholas is an asshole. I would hope that they wouldn't waste the death of an Episode 1 character in such a useless way. While I understand that practically every character may die at some point, I would want the fan favorites to go out in a courageous blaze of glory.

I think allowing a core character to go out in such a seemingly senseless way would be amazing. Its so much more interesting than him dying to save Maggie or something hackneyed like that.

• Love 7

Super sad, tense and somehow almost boring episode. The only good stuff were the snippets of Daryl looking gorgeous and hot on his bike, and the disgusting zombie faces. Glenn was nice, but I´m quite used to having all the nice people that I like killed off in stupid ways. I suppose Michonne will be next, or even Daryl, who´s to say?

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
I am tired of Red McShirties like stupid hat guy who ran off like an eejit, and Betsy’s husband whom no one had ever seen before, taking up valuable bandwidth to do a walk & talk with our main cast.

Wild thought, but as I was watching them I thought they were making parallels in his story and Michonne's: that they stopped being people before they found a person that made them human again, and I wondered if they were going to say someone did that for Michonne and she's in love with that person, too. The wild thought is that I thought of Rick.

• Love 5

Merle, for a couple seasons (closest comparison). Morgan, for a couple seasons. That family that chose not to go to the CDC (glorified extras, though). Don't remember if there are any non-season 1 examples.

Yep, the Morales family in season 1 went off on their own to try and meet up with relatives, I think.  I can't recall any people of note that weren't somehow followed up on.

Ok, on the topic of Easy Rider Darryl:  He broke off from Sasha and Abraham to go assist Alexandria and/or Rick... I'm not sure which.  However, why was he SO important or necessary to help lead the zombie parade?  He took off and was gone for some amount of time, and then met up with the car again and it seemed that the zombie parade was progressing just fine in his absence.  So, why was his presence needed?  In case the car broke down?  Did the sound of his motorcycle keep the walker's attention better?  I don't recall him rerouting straggler zombies at anytime.  Why was he that important to the plan?

• Love 5

I have always said I would accept ANY death on this show except Glen and Rick. And for Glen to be taken out at the hands of that coward makes it worse after all he has done to survive. Not fair for his fate to be decided by an asshole. I would rather seen him die of the flu at the prison

I doubt Glen is actually dead, but it would be decent storytelling to have his fate decided by the ahole that he stubbornly tried to rehabilitate and put his trust in, against his better judgment. One of the recurring themes of the show is that you cannot ignore threats or go easy on them.

There is a place in the TWD world for compassion and mercy, but when characters delude themselves into believing known bad guys will change, or at least appreciate the mercy they receive and leave the good guys alone, they almost always die.

Yep, the Morales family in season 1 went off on their own to try and meet up with relatives, I think.  I can't recall any people of note that weren't somehow followed up on.

Ok, on the topic of Easy Rider Darryl:  He broke off from Sasha and Abraham to go assist Alexandria and/or Rick... I'm not sure which.  However, why was he SO important or necessary to help lead the zombie parade?  He took off and was gone for some amount of time, and then met up with the car again and it seemed that the zombie parade was progressing just fine in his absence.  So, why was his presence needed?  In case the car broke down?  Did the sound of his motorcycle keep the walker's attention better?  I don't recall him rerouting straggler zombies at anytime.  Why was he that important to the plan?

They said the noise from his bike was better to attract them. I still dont get why sasha and dint honk her horn when the other horn sounded.

I expect a gross death for our familiar faces, or a sacrificing death. Lori's death was bad, Hershley too,Noah,  Dayle included hell even Merle. So i feel like Glen was shorted a really cool death, my husband thinks it's because we really cared about him as an audience and they didn't want to show too much. IDK. Hopefully it means he makes it to die from injuries later.

• Love 1

As I am still in the denial stage I would like to say I am not pleased that Tyrese got an entire episode devoted to his death plus a ride to Heaven complete with a musical interlude. And Glen got a line from Season 1, a pocket watch and a dumpster coffin. Glen did not deserve the T-Dog pre-paid funeral package.

• Love 23

Glenn never stopped being human. He never bowed to Rick and his just fuck em philosophy. He remained that way all the way to the bitter end (although I really don't think he's dead). He refused to give up. He could have blown his brains out too but he would never go out like that. And he would never run off just because he had a wife at home. He was always loyal to the people he wanted to protect. It's well written and meaningful to me because spoke to just who Glenn is. He wasn't just running around in the woods and getting bitten like those dumb redshirts from Alexandria. He was still willing to do what he had to do to protect his friends even with everything he stood to lose. So, yes, I think this was meaningful and well-written.

This is what I love about Glenn. The Glenn who took the time to help some stranger at the very beginning is pretty much the same Glenn we've had to the end. Yes he was tougher. He became an awesome fighter but that piece of himself he never lost or threw away.

• Love 6

Wild thought, but as I was watching [Alexandrian David and Michonne] I thought they were making parallels in his story and Michonne's: that they stopped being people before they found a person that made them human again, and I wondered if they were going to say someone did that for Michonne and she's in love with that person, too. The wild thought is that I thought of Rick.

On Talking Dead, Yvette said that CDB (not Rick) was Michonne's "Betsy." But the other guest thought David's story about meeting Betsy was meant to remind us of Glenn meeting Maggie.

I agree with Yvette. Also, the very first person Michonne met wasn't Rick—it was Andrea.

• Love 2

On Talking Dead, Yvette said that CDB (not Rick) was Michonne's "Betsy." But the other guest thought David's story about meeting Betsy was meant to remind us of Glenn meeting Maggie.

I agree with Yvette. Also, the very first person Michonne met wasn't Rick—it was Andrea.

Yes, Michonne has spoken in the past - maybe even more than once or twice about meeting Andrea bringing her back from the hollow place she'd been after Andre's death.

Andre - Andrea ... Coincidence?

Edited by lulee
  • Love 5

Wild thought, but as I was watching them I thought they were making parallels in his story and Michonne's: that they stopped being people before they found a person that made them human again, and I wondered if they were going to say someone did that for Michonne and she's in love with that person, too. The wild thought is that I thought of Rick.

I'm down with that, having been a Richonnist since season three, but TPTB like to troll us so I tend to keep thoughts like that to myself.

• Love 2

I agree, but Andrea is long dead and buried. I'm not into Michonne and Rick, btw, I just couldn't think of anyone else, lol. And yeah, maybe Michonne's Betsy is the whole group, buuuut they could have just made the person the dude wanted to return to his adoptive son or whatever, to give it a family vibe.

But alas, I don't really care.

• Love 1

WHY do they never mercy kill their friends? Michonne and group at that wire fence, couldn't they have shot their friend instead of just watching? And before that the girl. They were already being chased. They've never shown any concern in saving bullets.

But really Michonne showed bad judgement by not agreeing to leave the two injured people at that pet shop, the place was secure when they were having their conversation.

I really don't care if Glenn is alive or dead (I do think he is alive; the walkers looked like they were tearing at him chest height but there were intestines so probably not his.) but I really wish Rick dies soon. Not impressed with him or his leadership.

Edited by Vodka
  • Love 1

I don't think they're the same things. Hershel got bit. Everyone already has the virus inside of them, so if you happen to die, you come back a zed no matter what. But a bite from a zombie will will kill you itself. Rick didn't get bit. He cut his hand and may have gotten some guts into it, but I don't think that would matter, since they're all infected. The only thing we've seen actually kill you from a zombie is their bite, which leads me to believe the saliva has some agent that brings on the bad fever and then death. Then the dormant virus becomes activated and you're a walker.

However, why was he SO important or necessary to help lead the zombie parade?  He took off and was gone for some amount of time, and then met up with the car again and it seemed that the zombie parade was progressing just fine in his absence. So, why was his presence needed?

So the fangirls won't riot.

• Love 3
<snip>

Now for the biggest nitpick of all: Glenn’s death.  It’s pretty fucking contrived that Glenn, the man known for being “good in a tight spot” (season 2 Maggie quote) would allow himself to get cornered in a dead-end alley with no possible way of escape.  The Glenn we have known and loved since season one would have jumped on the roof of the nearest building, scaled the top of the chain-link fence, anything OTHER THAN stupidly, panickingly standing on top of a dumpster. FFS.  He’s not an injured Otis: he’s nimble, wiry strong and quick-thinking Glenn Rhee!  It is a truly stupid, stupid death, and confirms to me the relentless nihilism of the show.  Yay.  I'm also reminded the bumped Lori off in the third episode of season three but that seemed like it could happen, plausibly, and it made me cry (still does) even though I disliked Lori.  That being said, I am still very much in denial, and in my head canon Glenn was pinned under Nicholas (whose guts provided the brief zed buffet), and rolled underneath the dumpster and took off through a hole in the fence.  HA

As they ran down the alley the camera panned past a fire escape. "Oh," I thought to myself, "they'll run right up those stairs and everything will be fine." Silly me, I forgot the level of bad, lazy, stupid, inconsistent writing we're still dealing with AFTER SIX SEASONS.

• Love 15

I have a friend who wears stupid hats for no other reason than to hear me say "why are you wearing that stupid hat" From this day forward I declare her new name to be Sturgiss

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 12

I have a friend who wears stupid hats for no other reason than to hear me say "why are you wearing that stupid hat" From this day forward I declare her new name to be Sturgiss

Now, now, that might not be fair unless she's also a spazzy coward.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that, too.  She had plenty of time to stand there and contemplate the situation, but couldn't give Married Guy the mercy kill?  Not cool.  (And yet somehow I don't blame Michonne, whereas I blame a lot of characters for a lot of things.  In this, I blame her puppetmaster writers.)

Had Michonne went over and mercy killed David, it could've gotten the herd

to notice them.  That many walkers would've easily knocked down that fence. 

• Love 2

Now, now, that might not be fair unless she's also a snazzy coward.

And she can't run but bless her heart I love her

In Rick's defense he did say "you try and save them; try BUT .. " Considering the source that's as close to compassion as they are going to get. All those red shirt wearing "Ensign Smiths' " are lucky he didn't shoot them Governor style

• Love 3

It's such a stretch, but even if Glenn rolls under the dumpster somehow, it only works if the walkers don't realize it or see him under there. The walkers touched Glenn and Nicholas' feet (but not quite pull them down, yet) when they were standing vertically on top, so a tight fetal position won't even work if the dead are reaching. It he managed to get under there, and then a loud sound distracted the walkers, that's his only hope. I wish it wasn't such a slim chance, because Glenn is the man.

If all the blood somehow camouflages Glenn, and he's all catatonic and dead-like because of it, the walkers would leave him alone, maybe?  

WHY do they never mercy kill their friends? Michonne and group at that wire fence, couldn't they have shot their friend instead of just watching? And before that the girl. They were already being chased. They never shown any concern is saving bullets.

But really Michonne showed bad judgement by not agreeing to leave the two injured people at that pet shop, the place was secure  when they were having their conversation.

I think we did see a couple mercy killings, in a way, by Rick.  And the ASZ-ers reacted to that poorly, to the point where the dude with the braids got all pouty about it in the pet shop.  So, I guess I'm giving the show a pass here because the only one who would think to mercy kill would be Michonne, and she was trying to prove to them that they were part of one group, that nobody was going to be left behind.

I think allowing a core character to go out in such a seemingly senseless way would be amazing. Its so much more interesting than him dying to save Maggie or something hackneyed like that.

I was thinking, so that's how they might bring this in line with the storyline in the comic book, although the tv show often deviates from those storylines.

I also think Glenn is gone, but what a disappointing and weak way for one of the best and favorite TWD characters to go.  On TTD, they did read a message from Scott Gimple that made it sound like Glenn will be back somehow in some form, but we don't know in what way (flashbacks, alive, zombie).  There was also some talk of Steven Yeun being spotted on TWD set.

I predict that the death of Glenn will be the beginning of the end of this show. There are only 5 (or 6 if you count Morgan) original characters left and they kill one??? I suppose they are planning to get rid of Daryl next. Not as in touch with their fan base as they claim to be if you ask me.

I think Glenn is gone but will show up as a walker and Maggie will have to end him. They are just toying with us by giving us some hope that he is still alive. They seem to like to crush their viewers like a bug every now and then.

• Love 1

Greetings all, I come seeking refuge from the AMC forum.

I really don't want to believe Glenn was killed off in such a way.Free falling into a herd of walkers beside a dumpster with only that douche Nichols's corpse beside him...not cool. He deserved to go out in a flaming blaze of glory! Then again, my beloved Merle was killed off in such a crappy way so maybe he really is gone and it's not some horrible hallucination.

Steven Yuen and his glorious cheekbones hold a special place in my heart,so it will take the death of all hope for me to let go of the chance Glenn somehow survived.

Edited by DixonVixen2359
  • Love 5

Rick's insane plan to remove the walker threat from the quarry has now claimed Glen and an untold number of Alexandrians. When the dust settles I wouldn't blame Deanna and her people if they showed Rick to the gate and said "thanks but no thanks" and let everyone else stay. He's been nothing but an arrogant lunatic since he arrived. Carol was booted out for much less.

• Love 10

As far as momentum... I just keep hoping that next week's preview is sort of a fake out, and there's more to it than a quiet Morgan backstory episode.  Because *come on*.   Preview fake-out I'm okay with.  

No please... I had enough of that with the serie Lost.  It was ridicoulous...

Rick's insane plan to remove the walker threat from the quarry has now claimed Glen and an untold number of Alexandrians. When the dust settles I wouldn't blame Deanna and her people if they showed Rick to the gate and said "thanks but no thanks" and let everyone else stay. He's been nothing but an arrogant lunatic since he arrived. Carol was booted out for much less.

HA!  Everything's about Rick's evolution, doncha know?  Morality is a sliding scale and that scale belongs to Rick.

Ok, that sounds mean.  I like Rick.  But I get irritated by his fans who think the sun shines out of his ass, he can do no wrong, everything he does is A-OK because it's Rick, etc.

And another opinion to make myself ever more unpopular: I'm looking forward to Morgan's episode.  :)

• Love 6

If Glenn had been definitively shown among the Dead in the Memorian section or a guest on TTD last night, there would be no ambiguity or discussion about his fate today. The viewers are doing exactly what the writers want, fueling speculation about "is he" or "isn't he..." which creates great buzz for the show. The vague message about his fate can be interpreted so many ways, 1) Glenn will live on in his unborn child, 2) we will see him in flashbacks (which to me is cheating, it's the same as watching old episodes) 3) he will come back as a walker, etc. Maybe he was able to slide underneath the dumpster like he did with the tank. Maybe it is set up inside as a sweet little studio apartment by Enid for when she leaves ASZ and he'll be able to wait it out until the herd moves on. Maybe someone saw him (Morgan? Enid?) and will rescue him. Or maybe he is really dead. If that's the case, I hope he will be at the front, leading the herd when it reaches Alexandria. Anyway, I predict for the time being he will be "missing" and we will not get any answers until the mid season finale next month. 

• Love 5

Greetings all, I come seeking refuge from the AMC forum.

I really don't want to believe Glenn was killed off in such a way.Free falling into a herd of walkers beside a dumpster with only that douche Nichols's corpse beside him...not cool. He deserved to go out in a flaming blaze of glory! Then again, my beloved Merle was killed off in such a crappy way so maybe he really is gone and it's not some horrible hallucination.

Steven Yuen and his glorious cheekbones hold a special place in my heart,so it will take the death of all hope for me to let go of the chance Glenn somehow survived.

Welcome!  (mat said welcome)

But I have to say this: Merle's death was hugely heroic and a thing of beauty (a bottle of Jack, Motorhead, and a sardonically grinning Merle -- I loved that so much).  Any one of us could only hope to go out that way in a ZA.

Edited by JBody
  • Love 11
It is a truly stupid, stupid death, and confirms to me the relentless nihilism of the show.

I'm putting it out there that this show should veer away from Kirkman's "nice guys finish last" influence as quickly as possible. We get that this world is a dangerous place but it appears that only the meanest will survive and really, who wants to watch that? It's the apocalypse and there isn't any hope left. Guys like Glen and Dale proved themselves adept at surviving but they had to be punished for demanding that life be worth living and not just about survival. What's the point of going on in such a world? Why wouldn't everyone get together Jim Jones style and drink the poisoned kool-aid?

• Love 12

My speculation about Glenn is that it was Nicholas on top of Glenn being eviscerated. In my speculative dream world, Glenn is strong and wiry and conveniently right smack against that dumpster. He'll find a way to shimmy out from under Nicholas' dead weight and under that dumpster, undetected by the walkers until the horde moves on and he safely emerges.

That's my speculation and I'm going to convince myself that's what will happen.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

I predict that the death of Glenn will be the beginning of the end of this show. There are only 5 (or 6 if you count Morgan) original characters left and they kill one??? I suppose they are planning to get rid of Daryl next. Not as in touch with their fan base as they claim to be if you ask me.

I think Glenn is gone but will show up as a walker and Maggie will have to end him. They are just toying with us by giving us some hope that he is still alive. They seem to like to crush their viewers like a bug every now and then.

IF Glenn's dead, he would be more likely to be devoured like Lori. The size of that herd, there would be very little left of him, or at least not enough that I'd buy that he would be able to join the herd of walkers. Maybe he would become one of those walkers that is basically a head and a pile of goo stuck to the pavement. That would be a nice present for Maggie to find.
  • Love 5
The producers have always said that they need to kill main characters to advance the storyline. That's why I don't think that Glenn is dead. His death would do nothing to advance the storyline, other than show that zombies are really dangerous and that Nicholas is an asshole.

EXCEPT that ... there clearly is an attempt this season to address another option of life in the post-ZA - giving up. We've had Abraham bring it up, while what's-her-name in the car stares meaningfully at him. We see Michionne and what she wrote on her arm. We see the two injured Alexandrian's say just leave us behind. And we see Nicholas freak out and then kill himself. I'm sure there were more examples.

So you *could* construct a meaning there that those who give up can drag down those who won't. And set up a confrontation between those two perspectives for all survivors.

• Love 1

Glen not dead. 

* No 'In Memoriam'

* Nicholas fell on top of him

* Glen wasn't crying out in pain, but anguish

* "Please don't let it be true" not once, but THREE times on TTD

* Hardwick would've been a lot more shaken up had Glen died

* Nobody would ever find him

* Steven Yeun is gonna be on the couch next TTD

Oh, and Yvette thinks Enid is a wolf and I believe that and think she took Judith.

Well, your list is accurate, but I'm a conspiracy theorist and we know TD would gleefully go along with any Gimpel/Nicotero misdirection. (Suckups.)  One thing for sure, we're all falling into the evil master plan with our debate.  The producers are no doubt tickled pink by the speculation they've generated.  Decidedly preferable to the entire viewership being crestfallen and/or spitting their direction in unison.

But, hi ho, about that Judith idea. . .   I've been waiting for someone to bring that up!  Carl being all homey, taking the casserole out of the oven, should have had a closing shot cuddling Judith while he contemplated the loss of Enid.  I don't know about Enid being a Wolf, but she and Carl were both out of the house for a few minutes and no one's laid eyes on that baby since.

Now I'm even more suspicious because the only way I can imagine amping up the Glenn voltage would be to put Baby Judith in peril. 

Odd for that Chekov's gun dude to have a jar of Gerber's.

Just me, thinking dark thoughts.  I haven't seen a graphic novel since Betty was after Veronica's man.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5

As I am still in the denial stage I would like to say I am not pleased that Tyrese got an entire episode devoted to his death plus a ride to Heaven complete with a musical interlude. And Glen got a line from Season 1, a pocket watch and a dumpster coffin. Glen did not deserve the T-Dog pre-paid funeral package.

THIS. This is why I am holding out hope that Glenn isn't actually gone yet. My biggest problem with this show is that they tend to linger on tertiary characters' stories/situations as a way to explore deeper ~themes~ in TWD universe, even as it parallels to our heroes' own stories. It gets really tedious and hard to watch sometimes. Putting aside all the other signs that point to Glenn maybe being alive, I refuse to believe that the writer's genuinely think Glenn's attempted redemption of Nicholas (and ultimate failure at his own expense) was the best way to service and honor Glenn's character 6 seasons in.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, especially the last half just because it got me jumping off my couch and screaming at my TV. The season so far has been great energy wise so although I like Morgan, I worry his episode will be another Governor-esque walkabout story even though I know Lennie James will be superb. Hopefully the action level stays elevated. I'd like to see more Ninja Morgan.

• Love 1

I don't see how Glenn could come back as a walker. If the walkers tear him apart to eat his "alive" flesh, there isn't likely anything left to "walk" with. We have seen this on many occasions on the show.  If he were already dead when he hits the ground (which we know is not the case), they he might not be eaten and able to return as a walker. I would rather him be dead and gone than have the return as a walker. They did that with Daryl and Merle. I don't want to see that again.  I actually looked at dumpsters online and the vast majority of them, if they have wheels, are quite low to the ground. There were only a few varieties that were high enough to allow a person underneath. But is a person can get under, so could a walker. My husband is in construction and intoned that they are low to the ground to prevent tipping over and killing someone when they are put back down on the ground after being emptied and to keep little kids, animals and other trash from going underneath. 

• Love 1

We know Rick, so we (the viewing public) have that advantage. NEw people see his "intensity" or whatever you want to call it and think he's simply nuts. You stand him against Carol, or Michonne or Glenn (when he was alive and able to stand), and you see relatively calm people even as the world is ending. But Rick gets into his nutso thing and people are turned off by it. Who would you rather be led by (assuming you didn't know Rick's full history and what he's done, just based on personality?

(Having said all that, I still like Rick.)

Don't go dissing General Hospital now!!!

I think it'd be cool to see what Luke and Laura would do during the zombie apocalypse. Or the Brady Bunch.

I understand that but like I said it's easy to be more calm about things when everybody and I do mean everybody depends on Rick, including the people you just named. And Luke Spencer is a survivor so he would kick ass.

• Love 3

HA!  Everything's about Rick's evolution, doncha know?  Morality is a sliding scale and that scale belongs to Rick.

Ok, that sounds mean.  I like Rick.  But I get irritated by his fans who think the sun shines out of his ass, he can do no wrong, everything he does is A-OK because it's Rick, etc.

And another opinion to make myself ever more unpopular: I'm looking forward to Morgan's episode.  :)

No the sun doesn't shine out of Rick's ass he makes mistakes of course. But it seems like every damn episode somebody is side eying the guy or second guessing or flat out not listening, and that includes people that have been under his leadership for years. It's almost as if his leadership is taken for granted. More often than not his instincts are good.

• Love 5

Morgan's failure to kill has cost plenty of lives and put his old friend at risk. If Rick wasn't such a bad mofo, he'd be dead in that RV right now. And I'd completely put that on Morgan for letting those guys go, and allowing that one guy to take a gun. I still say if Morgan had killed those two Wolves in the woods that one day, there's a good chance the rest might never have ended up in ASZ. No horn would have been blown. 

Why do people keep saying that Morgan letting the wolves live lead to this? The timeline doesn't work. We saw in the previous episode that it was Carl's girlfriend that led the wolves to Alexandria. She was marking the trail for them to follow. And she was there before Rick's crew arrived. Which means she had already marked the trail to Alexandria before Aaron and Darryl went out, and left Aaron's backpack. 

Sure, we'll have scenes of Aaron feeling responsible and Morgan too in the coming episodes. Before the eventual reveal (to the group-we've already been shown) that it was coming regardless, because of whatever that teenage girl's name is and they'll have to figure out what to do with her.

As they ran down the alley the camera panned past a fire escape. "Oh," I thought to myself, "they'll run right up those stairs and everything will be fine." Silly me, I forgot the level of bad, lazy, stupid, inconsistent writing we're still dealing with AFTER SIX SEASONS.

That really bothered me. Sure, the bottom of the fire escape was covered with a mattress, but we could see the steps. It was still in the freaking shot. I call bullshit on the pair of them getting pinned near the dumpster instead of trying for the stairs once they knew the fence wasn't an option. They had time before the full horde arrived. As far as that goes, I call bullshit on them not getting on the dumpster earlier than they did and bullshit on them standing on top rather than getting inside. They would have been stuck there for a long while, but I believe the horde would have thinned sufficiently within 24 hours that they would have had a chance to survive, perhaps by going up those damn steps.*

When I heard the call-back to Glenn's original appearance, my thought was that Glenn was going to end up in a similar position to Rick's when he was pinned in the tank, especially when I saw the dumpster, so it was a shock to see him fall with Nicholas. Especially since to go in that particular way feels like a slap at Glenn's guiding principles. If they are going full-on fake-out with this, for all we know everything we saw after Nicholas says "thank-you" is in Nicholas' mind.

I can't even begin to follow the logic of the various routes the characters were taking. Besides the fuckery of Daryl's detour, What the hell was Rick doing? did he run ahead and then double back via another route to the blind curve at Marshall and Redding? I still don't understand what he was trying to accomplish. Right now I'm only able to make sense of what he did via  fan-wanking and overthinking, but it still doesn't really hang together. 

*ETA

I'm also going to call bullshit  on no-one in that group that Glenn and Michonne were leading having a flare gun and using it to distract the walkers, since those were so heavily featured in the open of the season premiere. In fact a flare would have been ideal for lighting up the "oops, already torched" feed store.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 11