Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Regarding the idea of characters giving up and letting themselves get killed: I still think the smartest character in the show was the woman in the first season who decided to stay with the doctor at CDC HQ as he blew that mother up. Even if you manage to survive for a while, what kind of a world will you be living in, particularly since everyone is infected with Z-fever?

CDC???

CDC!?!?

WHAT is this Cee-Dee-Cee you are going on about???

I don't recall those initials ever getting put together in that order, in this universe.

Perhaps you are referring to the next revision/version of CDB...???

;>

• Love 6

Why isn't anyone going back to tried-and-true methods of self-camo from walkers? Because the writers aren't writing them that way. It would make things boring if there was never any chance at all of anyone being detected by a walker because all the living go around wearing walker guts all the time. Not to mention doing so in the RAIN kinda fubars that methodology.

And while I am pretty strong with the zen of totally suspending my disbelief, I have to fight off one particular call to BS about Michonne and her pets. If a person is standing in the middle of a field of walkers, ALL the walkers can see and smell that that person is alive and go after them. Keeping a couple walkers on chains within a couple feet of you IMO doesn't eliminate your own scent anymore than standing 2 feet from any other walker would.

But I heart Michonne, so I let that one go.

• Love 3

Re: Walkers being smart enough to open doors, as in S1: that was Morgan's wife, trying desperately to get into their home. It does seem as though S1 walkers were more adept, smarter (used in the loosest sense of the word), used actual hand-eye coordination, climbed fences, etc. My theory is that the newbie walkers of S1 had more humanity left in the synapses of their zombie-brains. At this point,, years into the Apocalypse, nothing is left except Raw Walker Instinct.

(sorry, quote function isn't working for me tonight)

• Love 4

I am very very nervous if next week is an all flash back episode to Morgan's saga.

Its not that I don't want to see/know Morgan's backstory - that happened between (3.12)Clear and (5.16)Conquer - as its hugely important to not only understanding his [current place as a] character, but also to why he is endangering everyone by not killing those who need to be permanently dealt with.........  but you can't go from those huge moon-sized cliffhangers from last week to nothing about them at all the next week.  If they do that, it will kill ALL the momentum they had rolling after last week's emotional rollercoaster, and really pretty much destroy the gravitas of both Glenn and Rick's situations.

And props to AngelaHunter for your gif-meme response to it, though.  It provided a truly amused moment for me.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 5
Will he bring Jaqui and Jenner back with him? If so, I say do it!

Can I add Jim to that list? The J Trifecta!

On a serious note, I rewatched last night and I didn't discover anything new about Glenn's fate. But I will say, I really enjoyed seeing Michonne and Glenn work together and care about each other. I always love it when the show pairs up characters that haven't previously been shown together much. 

• Love 6

but you can't go from those huge moon-sized cliffhangers from last week to nothing about them at all the next week.  If they do that, it will kill ALL the momentum

Exactly! Just as they did with what seemed like 20 pointless hours of Beth in the hospital, eating guinea pig and lollipops.

as its hugely important to not only understanding his [current place as a] character, but also to why he is endangering everyone by not killing those who need to be permanently dealt with

When he stood there, holding a stick and chiding the wolves before allowing them to go their merry way, he didn't know who or how many people they had brutally slaughtered. Could have been any member of CDB - Carl, the baby etc. If he chose to cater to his bruised psyche or whatever instead of using his Jedi skills to protect innocent people who are providing him with food and shelter,  then I really don't care about his current place, or his past place.

• Love 5

Its not that I don't want to see/know Morgan's backstory - that happened between (3.12)Clear and (5.16)Conquer - as its hugely important to not only understanding his [current place as a] character, but also to why he is endangering everyone by not killing those who need to be permanently dealt with......... but you can't go from those huge moon-sized cliffhangers from last week to nothing about them at all the next week. If they do that, it will kill ALL the momentum they had rolling after last week's emotional rollercoaster, and really pretty much destroy the gravitas of both Glenn and Rick's situations.

And props to AngelaHunter for your gif-meme response to it, though. It provided a truly amused moment for me.

Yeah. Momentum. They did the same thing last season with Slabtown. Only difference is I care a helluva lot more about Morgan than Beth. YMMV etc.

Lol.AngelaHunter just saw your response. Oops. But yeah, TWD is notorious for its pacing issues.

• Love 5

I'm 5 days behind the thread thanks to an inconveniently timed bout of community-acquired pneumonia, and don't imagine I'll be catching up anytime soon, but I watched the episode On Demand on Wednesday (and Thursday) and I'm convinced Glenn is alive.

All the adrenaline in the world would not allow Glenn to remain conscious and expressive for that long after that kind of massive blood loss.

• Love 7

I just wanted to check in and admit I'm worthless and weak, and my boycott game is poor.  As much as I complained about this stupid show and being done with it, a few days have passed, and I'll be watching again on Sunday.  Quitting this show is like trying to break up with a sexy, no-good boyfriend.

My name is Peach, and I'm addicted to TWD.

• Love 20

Option A: Glen is alive; I'll be pissed about the fake out and will never trust in a "character death" again unless his or her severed head appears on a spike. 

Option B: Glen is dead and I'll be pissed about the coyness which is disrupting my Glen grieving process.

• Love 6

Quitting this show is like trying to break up with a sexy, no-good boyfriend

Amen. I wish I knew how to quit you, twd (well, Rick).. you never know when they might start taking risks with the storytelling though- I'm always hopeful!

Edited by Dr.Jacoby
  • Love 4

I think they want a scene where the main characters go searching for Glen and find him as a zombie and probably recover that watch from his body.  They want the death to be confirmed for us at the same time, not weeks earlier, to draw us into the experience more.  I think that needs to be when the action has calmed down and they are recovering.  So it couldn't have fit into this episode.  If we had an "in memorium" tribute or is Yueng was on Talking Dead, his later appearance would be anticlimactic.  They're saving that for when the character has been confirmed dead, his zombie has been killed, and we know for sure he'll never appear outside of flashbacks again.

I don't think Enid is a wolf.  She shows no sign of their mania or interest in seeing them when they attack.  There's no sign that they needed, or had, any help from here in their attack.  They rushed up to the wall, killed the sentry, and climbed over the wall with ladders.  They know about the place and what the walls and interior looked like via Aaron's photos.

• Love 6

I'm 5 days behind the thread thanks to an inconveniently timed bout of community-acquired pneumonia, and don't imagine I'll be catching up anytime soon, but I watched the episode On Demand on Wednesday (and Thursday) and I'm convinced Glenn is alive.

All the adrenaline in the world would not allow Glenn to remain conscious and expressive for that long after that kind of massive blood loss.

Great point I think but I'm not a doctor, not even a drunken surgeon or panicky psychiatrist. The CGI monkeys made it appear to be a Niagara Falls of blood coming out of his chestal region, along with copious amounts of linked sausages. I ain't buyin' it and they shouldn't be sellin' it! Back to pumpkin carvin'.....

• Love 4

Oooh, I don't think there was a link yet. 

I just came here to ask - didn't Glenn and Nicholas run out of ammo? Isn't that why they pulled out their knives before hopping up on the dumpster? So how did Nicholas shoot himself?

I want Glenn to be alive and I bend more to the side of living rather than dead but there was a such a phenomenal lack of continuity that I don't believe I can rely on anything I saw in the "death" scene as proof one way or another. At this point, the most logical assumption I could make, going from what I actually saw is the whole thing happened only in Nicholas' mind as they were surrounded and he went into a panic attack. Few of the details match each other from one scene to the next, giving it a rather hallucinatory quality. I would not have been surprised if I had noticed both men to be wearing clown costumes in one shot. Probably the theory that he managed to slide under the dumpster will be correct, but I'm prepared to see anything, including the appearance of Glinda the Good Witch, used to explain his survival.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

I want Glenn to be alive and I bend more to the side of living rather than dead but there was a such a phenomenal lack of continuity that I don't believe I can rely on anything I saw in the "death" scene as proof one way or another. At this point, the most logical assumption I could make, going from what I actually saw is the whole thing happened only in Nicholas' mind as they were surrounded and he went into a panic attack. Few of the details match each other from one scene to the next, giving it a rather hallucinatory quality. I would not have been surprised if I had noticed both men to be wearing clown costumes in one shot. Probably the theory that he managed to slide under the dumpster will be correct, but I'm prepared to see anything, including the appearance of Glinda the Good Witch, used to explain his survival.

Agreed, yuggapukka, and as stated previously, whatever dicombobulated, MacGyvered, it-was-all-a-hallucination they want to lay on me is fine and dandy, just as long as Glenn is not dead. I am easy that way.

• Love 4

Ooooh, I would have loved to have seen that, that would have been way creepier than zombies. Oh my God, even worse, zombie clowns! ...aaaand now I won't sleep. Good job, me.

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever rabbit they pull out of their hats, as long as the rabbit isn't dead Glenn. And the show is pretty full of little continuity mistakes, so I'm afraid checking frame by frame is unfortunately a pointless exercise resulting only in puzzlement and depression (but I admire the people with the stomach to go look for little clues, I couldn't bring myself to over-examine that scene).  We won't know until we know, but it will probably be ridiculous and unrealistic, and I think I won't really care. Or it will be really bleak and depressing, and I will admire their storytelling cojones while hating their guts.

I've been looking forward to the Morgathon since No Sanctuary, but man, the timing is so frustrating.

• Love 1

Not to keep anyone's hopes alive that Glenn is still, ya know, alive, but I will say that it was brought up to me by someone at work and it is worth thinking about.......

The episode was displayed as flowing differently for the separate groups.   One group would hear something at one point, while another group would hear the same thing at a different time in their own separate journeys.  So, despite all the logic saying its not really possible, for all we know, Rick could have got the RV started and went and got Glenn before returning to Alexandria.

I honestly don't think that happened - but its a slight possibility, if one wanted to cling to every last shred of hopeful and wishful thinking for Glenn's situation.

• Love 2
yes, the walkers are devolving.  They used to turn doorknobs, use rocks to smash glass doors, and climb fences.  Now all they do is a slow shuffle.  Slow enough to keep up with running live folk, weirdly enough.

The inconsistencies of the walkers kinda annoys me. Sometimes the rule is that they're slow as hell, and other times they can lurch along at a brisk trot. But worse, you usually hear them coming from a mile away, yet they can also sneak up on you in pure stealth and silence and bite you. Just depends on the plot!

The inconsistencies of the walkers kinda annoys me. Sometimes the rule is that they're slow as hell, and other times they can lurch along at a brisk trot. But worse, you usually hear them coming from a mile away, yet they can also sneak up on you in pure stealth and silence and bite you. Just depends on the plot!

Actually, that's one of the more realistic aspects of the walkers - so far as anything zombie-related can be termed "realistic".  :) 

The present-day crop of walkers didn't all just pop out of a box on Zero Day and start decomposing at a single all-inclusive rate; since the start of the zombie apocalypse there's been a continual stream of new walkers entering the zombie "pipe", as survivors are either bit or die of other causes.  Although it would be (quasi-) rational to expect the vast majority of walkers to have been generated in the explosive first wave of the infection, the properties of the zombie virus described by the show would necessarily dictate a constant supplemental stream of fresh walkers, with bodies and abilities less impacted by the effects of decay.

• Love 4