Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Carrie and Debbie (and Gene Wilder) were the hardest ones for me.

Gene Wilder gets me every time!  One moment I am laughing at the "Fra-nk-en-stEn" clip and next tearing up over the one from Willy Wonka.

3 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Shoot, did I blink and miss David Bowie?

I do not think we missed it or we both blinked at the same time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Ah, sorry - for some reason I remember Bowie and Prince as an awful one-two punch and assumed they were proximate in time.

They were fairly close together, but I think the In Memoriam segment honors those who passed between February 1 of the current year and January 31 of the following year.

Just now, legaleagle53 said:

They were fairly close together, but I think the In Memoriam segment honors those who passed between February 1 of the current year and January 31 of the following year.

No, Bowie died the first week of Jan, Prince died toward the end of April.

2 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Ah, sorry - for some reason I remember Bowie and Prince as an awful one-two punch and assumed they were proximate in time.

I remembered it that way too.  And it was an awful one two punch, they were in the same year.  Bowie in January and Prince in April.  That explains why Bowie was honored last year and Prince in this year.

1 minute ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I don't know if it's because I just drank a whole bottle of champagne, but the whole "we bought a zoo" but cracked me up. 

I haven't had a bottle of champagne, and it cracked me up too!

• Love 3