Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, so, wow...at this moment, Hacksaw Ridge has more Oscars than La La Land.  Not that this trend is going to continue, but...yeah.

And I just looked at Audible's website...no such luck on the Zachary Quinto-narrated edition of 1984.  I wonder if it's something coming in the future...

1 minute ago, Sugar said:

I used to have such a crush on MJF, and I always thought Spin City was so underrated. I hope he's doing well.

I watch Spin City every night on LAFF.  It is a terrific series, until MJF left!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Dammit!  What's with all the Hacksaw Ridge love and by proxy, the Mel Gibson love?  Mind you, I didn't see the movie -- didn't want to give Mel any of my hard-earned money.

I saw the movie not realizing Mel directed it. I loved it and then when his name popped up in the credits, I was like, "oh, damn." 

But regardless of Mel's personality, the movie does deserve some love.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Craphole Island said:

I actually liked the tour bus bit.

I think I just like seeing celebrities interact with normal folk haha

I really wanted to like this, but was so annoyed WHEN THEY ALL PULLED OUT THEIR PHONES AND LOOKED AT EVERYTHING THROUGH THE PHONE that I was just kind of disgusted with them. What would it take for them to Be Here Now? What would have to happen for them to actually be in the moment and interact with some of the world's biggest celebrities RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM? ok, rant off lol

Edited by okerry
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, ShadowHunter said:

I have seen Mel Gibson more tonight then I have in the last few years. Damn they love to show him.

Gah.  I recoil every time they show him.  Man, I remember thinking he was just so damned handsome in The Year of Living Dangerously.  He legit looks like a different person and it isn't just age.  Daniel Day Lewis still looks about the same as he did in a Room With A View.  But with Mel it is like his face is the Portrait of Dorian Grey.  His personality shows on his face.

• Love 9
Just now, DearEvette said:

Gah.  I recoil every time they show him.  Man, I remember thinking he was just so damned handsome in The Year of Living Dangerously.  He legit looks like a different person and it isn't just age.  Daniel Day Lewis still looks about the same as he did in a Room With A View.  But with Mel it is like his face is the Portrait of Dorian Grey.  His personality shows on his face.

Well, to paraphrase Forrest Gump, ugly is as ugly does.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, okerry said:

And I hope they manage to include Bill Paxton in tonight's memorial reel. Gone far too soon at age 61.

It'd be nice, but I'm not too hopeful. They didn't get Harold Ramis in, and he died, what, a week before? And they didn't even put him on the one next year, which bugged me. Yes, Murray had the opportunity to say something nice and heartfelt, but it still feels to me like he was missed.

• Love 3

And I hope they manage to include Bill Paxton in tonight's memorial reel. Gone far too soon at age 61.

I doubt it.  The reel was probably edited and submitted a few days ago.  He'll probably get a shout out during the introduction.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I saw the movie not realizing Mel directed it. I loved it and then when his name popped up in the credits, I was like, "oh, damn." 

But regardless of Mel's personality, the movie does deserve some love.

I'm looking forward to seeing it notwistanding the director.

• Love 1