Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Spartan Girl said:

Not disagreeing, but again, you can't just go crying your ex husband telling him that you love him when you remarried and are starting a brand new family. Just saying.

Really?  What? Wow.  

10 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Yes Viola Davis. She didn't even walk to the stage it seemed like floated.

Great speech, and I'm glad she won, but she clunked up the stage and off stage like a damn horse in those God awful shoes.

*sigh*  Look, I don't mind the montages because they aren't taking up a super amount of time.  But if this bit with the tourist bus is real, not to mention these "inspiration" clips...urgh.  I'll fall asleep before La La Land wins for Best Picture.

• Love 1
Just now, wings707 said:

No.  So this is about a movie plot Viola wasn't in.  Totally confused.

Sorry, I thought I was responding to someone who was talking about Michelle Williams scene with Casey Affleck in MBTS. Nothing to do with Viola! Sorry for the confusion. LOL

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yes. It was gut-wrenching -- so powerful and brought me to tears.

I had heard that about the scene.  I just couldn't justify sitting through the movie for that one scene since not a fan of Afflack.  Waiting  to stream it.

Just now, maraleia said:

In other movie news Chicago's very own Chance the Rapper tweeted this earlier today- I bought all the tickets to #GetOut at Chatham Theatre on 87th (in Chicago) Just pull up with ID and enjoy the movie.

I love Chance the Rapper, but now I love him even more.

• Love 3