Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It is nearly 11:00, and we still haven't heard all the nominated songs (or presented awards for music), or seen the death montage.  Not to mention the Major Awards.  Maybe I just won't bother trying to sleep tonight, since I have to get up at 5:30 for work tomorrow anyway.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

I am liking this John Cho and Leslie Mann bit. They are charming.

It is the usual "hey, let's make fun of the extremely talented scientists and pretend we are honoring them" shtick the show does every year.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, DHDancer said:

That Jack the Ripper thing is just a redo of the Malcolm McDowell/David Warner film of the same name.  Good movie but I can't see a series being a good thing.

Fun Fact:  Cyndi Lauper came up with the title of her song after seeing a listing for the movie in TV Guide.

One of my all time favorite movies, so I'm anxious to see what they do with it.  I'm prepared to hate it, but you never know!

• Love 1
Just now, Browncoat said:

It is nearly 11:00, and we still haven't heard all the nominated songs (or presented awards for music), or seen the death montage.  Not to mention the Major Awards.  Maybe I just won't bother trying to sleep tonight, since I have to get up at 5:30 for work tomorrow anyway.

Pity those of us in the Atlantic Time Zone. Just about to hit midnight here

• Love 1
Just now, Sile said:

Fun Fact:  Cyndi Lauper came up with the title of her song after seeing a listing for the movie in TV Guide.

One of my all time favorite movies, so I'm anxious to see what they do with it.  I'm prepared to hate it, but you never know!

I look forward to the show also but am prepared to be disappointed.

• Love 1
Just now, mtlchick said:

So this is going to clock in well after midnight.  Why can't they start this at 8 Eastern?

I'm not sure it would have mattered with this neverending parade of unnecessary clips and bits.  Like this mean tweets one.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, DHDancer said:

Am I the only one who wishes that they wouldn't thank their parents and their third grade teachers in acceptance speeches?

I don't know about the third grade teacher, but I don't have a problem with people thanking their parents.

2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Okay, y'all, you already gave her a standing ovation. I realize she's Meryl, but that's a little too much.

She's Meryl Friggin' Streep, she's going to get a standing ovation for just being there.

• Love 11

I wonder how long they search for find a mean tweet about Casey Affleck not involving his creepy behavior.

Amusing bit though.  I always get a kick out of them; especially when the actors go along with it.  Miles Teller's reaction was probably the most I ever liked him.

• Love 8