Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

OK, they have to know who is winning this category already, right?  Because after that fucking powerful performance, it will be so weird if it just ends with "And the Winner Goes to Fifty Shades of The Weekend or Sam Smith wailing about Bond or something."

• Love 4

He finally dies and he can't be honoured.  OOF.  (I think he would needed to be part of the Academy for him to be recognized here.  He will be at the Emmys.)

You'd think they'd have remembered him given that Alex Rocco--who was also in The Godfather--was included!  Epic!Fail, Academy.

• Love 4

In the words you never thought you'd ever hear category:  Joe Biden:  "My friend, Lady Gaga".

Also there's always somebody in the In Memoriam segment that I didn't remember or didn't know passed away...I'm always like..."he/she died"?????

• Love 1

Damn, I forget how talented Gaga is sometimes.

I knew she always had it in her, but it was overshadowed for a long time by her antics and her wardrobe choices.  Her Sound of Music tribute last year was one for the ages. 

• Love 6

I am irritated this performance was buried at 11:15 EST. That was some powerful shit right there and once again reminds us that Stefani can sing her ass off.

Yep.  Serious tears here.  And if that stupid Bond song wins, I will contemplate throwing my laptop at the TV.

• Love 1

I appreciate the subject matter but I hate Gaga SO MUCH. Pretentious bitch. Now, let me pull my seat up next to Duncan Jones.

Gaga is a sexual assault survivor, so I think it was pretty appropriate for her to sing that song. I have tears in my eyes right now.

• Love 13

Wow, Lady Gaga's performance was very effective.

OK, they have to know who is winning this category already, right?  Because after that fucking powerful performance, it will be so weird if it just ends with "And the Winner Goes to Fifty Shades of The Weekend or Sam Smith wailing about Bond or something."

Oh, of course Antony Hegarty will win.

"They're not even close to the biggie awards. I'm glad I'm not on the east coast! This sucker might go till midnight."

So, what else is new? I can't remember the last time (if ever) this show came in on time.

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 2

Listen, y'all--I don't care if he isn't an actor, you get a guy like Ennio Morricone up for an Oscar, get him a front row seat!!!  Don't make him walk fifty thousand miles to get up there!!

Having said that, thank you to the band conductor for not being so rude as to play him off the stage.

• Love 12