Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Olivia Munn was fantastic in Newsroom, okay on the Daily Show, and likeable in a clumsy dorky/trying hard to gain credibility despite everyone knowing she was hired for her looks on Attack of the Show.

There's an awesome video of her on Youtube doing a news report about MC Hammer, pronouncing his name as "McHammer", bless her heart, while her cohost loses it and she genuinely didn't understand why/know who MC Hammer is.

Edited by Potanical Pardon
  • Love 4

Just one thing to say--I would rather see the Bond song win than the one from Fifty Shades of Gray, if for no other reason than so I don't have to hear the following phrase: "Academy Award-winning film Fifty Shades of Gray."  By all that's holy, please let the only awards that movie wins be Razzies.

Having said that--I kinda sorta liked that song.

And not show-related--I love that little commercial featuring Rock, Paper, Scissors.

• Love 11

I thought that this entire time the reason the "See You Again" didn't get nominated was because voters turned their noses on Furious 7 for being a goofy action flick. But now that I know they were willing to nominate a song from freaking 50 Shades of Grey, I don't know what to think.

• Love 7

So Chris is still talking about the shutout of black actors?! Wasn't that three hours ago. I'm going to bed. Good luck, Leo!

I actually took it as making fun of the whole "scandal". The people they showed never saw any other movies but Straight Outta Compton.

• Love 4