Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/19/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Meredith said on her show yesterday that she was told during negotiations that she should take their offer because no one else was going to hire her. They didn't know that she had been offered the job on the morning show. As they say, shit runs downhill. Crappy management, crappy hosts, crappy production, crappy show.

If they treated Meredith like this I can only imagine how they have treated their other cohosts over the years. Meredith was always such a class act and for ABC to treat her like she was going to be unwanted anywhere else is simply laughable.  Guess she showed them.

• Love 12

I detest when they have an informative guest such as the zero belly guy and the whole panel and accompanying blather is present. Too much crosstalk, joke throwing and opinion sharing means minimal info is available to the 'viewers'. I'd love to see ONE host asking questions and then listening!!!

You'd think by now I'd get the hint the show is not trying to give me anything truly useful. I wonder how the guests feel, perhaps this is the formula that translates to book sales and they're ok with it . Who knows

• Love 5

The hero newlyweds actually looked disappointed with their gift of an all-expense paid vacation.  After the uncomfortable non-reaction, Candace started speaking to them in soft baby-talk (as you would to a 4 yr. old) "what do you think?" "you can choose any location you want!" "isn't that great!"  Crickets.   LOL

• Love 5

Pretty basic recipe for meatballs so why spend time on making them that was very time consuming for the length of the segment when her point was freeze these and look at all the different ways you can serve them....marinara, Asian and who know what else since there was no time. One dish looked Polynesian for example.

Wow-   I have a collection of those Pillsbury mini-cookbooks that used to be sold in the checkout aisle.   I know there's one about "time-saving make ahead dishes"  that included the exact same thing-  one large batch of meatballs, served three different ways!   Yeah, meatballs, a starch, a sauce.  Hasn't that been done to death?  

About the couple winning a cruise -   There are a lot of deals that include a "free cruise" -  then when you try to book it, there are upgrades and fees and added on costs.  My son won a cruise for signing an apartment lease.  when he tried to book it, there were all kinds of hoops to jump through, and it turned out to be too  expensive, so he never took advantage of it.  So - maybe they were skeptical.  Or - they don't want a cruise - a lot of people don't like the idea of it. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

I detest when they have an informative guest such as the zero belly guy and the whole panel and accompanying blather is present. Too much crosstalk, joke throwing and opinion sharing means minimal info is available to the 'viewers'. I'd love to see ONE host asking questions and then listening!!!

You'd think by now I'd get the hint the show is not trying to give me anything truly useful. I wonder how the guests feel, perhaps this is the formula that translates to book sales and they're ok with it . Who knows

Not entirely true, you now have quadruple confirmation that Whoopi Goldberg HATES eggs so much that she makes faces and pushes plates that contain eggs away in disgust.

• Love 3

The hero newlyweds actually looked disappointed with their gift of an all-expense paid vacation.

Just watched this segment. Maybe they thought a Disney cruise was coming their way or a vacation at Disney World. They did seem kind of disappointed.

Not to be mean but why is she a hero for going to an accident that involved her grandparents? I get that the picture sparked a lot of interest but she wasn't working in her wedding dress. From what she said, they went to the scene to check on family. Maybe I missed something?

• Love 11

Just watched this segment. Maybe they thought a Disney cruise was coming their way or a vacation at Disney World. They did seem kind of disappointed.

Not to be mean but why is she a hero for going to an accident that involved her grandparents? I get that the picture sparked a lot of interest but she wasn't working in her wedding dress. From what she said, they went to the scene to check on family. Maybe I missed something?

Right - the accident happened between the ceremony and reception.  So the bride went to check on her grandparents before the reception started.  There are plenty of stories of relatives getting hurt, sick, even dying, on the day of someone's wedding.  The only difference here is the photo of the women in her bride dress. 

What seems weird to ME is that her mother snapped the photo.  When there's a car accident, I'm  much more concerned with making sure everyone is all right, then I am with making sure I get a photo!  

• Love 8

"Viral" regarding pictures, videos etc. is such an annoying term, to me. I have no explanation to offer, LOL!

I'm annoyed by it as well.  And by the importance given to Twitter.   earlier this week, Michelle expressed an opinion, and Raven piped up with "that's what someone said on Twitter!"  and then read the tweet.  Who cares?  

• Love 6

This couple that they had on today-it seemed like something even a local news show wouldn't have been interested in. Did the bride render some sort of first aid? There has to be more to the story than bride pulls her car over to check on grandma on the way to the church, right?

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 4

Seems as if Whoopi is eating all the time. Is this the same Whoopi Goldberg who used to say all the time that she never eats. I

think she said she only eats chips, and she said she goes all day without eating. Today when Joy mentioned that Whoopi could afford a chef, she said she has one. It seems they don't know much about each others lives.

Seems as if Whoopi is eating all the time. Is this the same Whoopi Goldberg who used to say all the time that she never eats. I

think she said she only eats chips, and she said she goes all day without eating. Today when Joy mentioned that Whoopi could afford a chef, she said she has one. It seems they don't know much about each others lives.

eta: I don't know why my text is not wrapping.

Edited by Morgalisa
  • Love 4
Today when Joy mentioned that Whoopi could afford a chef, she said she has one. It seems they don't know much about each others lives.

It's probably hard to keep any of Whoopi's stories/opinions straight.

"Viral" regarding pictures, videos etc. is such an annoying term, to me.

Remember when Sherri had the wedding party dance practices videoed for YouTube.  She mentioned several times she needed it to go viral.  I think she bragged later on about her viral video.

• Love 1

THe bride is an EMT

A Tennessee bride proved she really is on-call 24/7 when she left her wedding to fulfill her duties as a paramedic by responding to a car wreck in the area that involved her own relatives, ABC News reported.

Edited by springtime

This couple that they had on today-it seemed like something even a local news show wouldn't have been interested in. Did the bride render some sort of first aid? There has to be more to the story than bride pulls her car over to check on grandma on the way to the church, right?

I didn't understand any of this - what's the "hero" part?  Wasn't it just the woman in a cool pic her mother posted online?  There's that crack production again. 

Some off-duty EMTs went to the scene of a family fender bender on the way to their wedding reception?   Lame.  I really really liked the couple's non reaction to the "prize" though because it completely flustered the co-hosts as in,   "What???? How could these people not be jumping up and down, crying and thanking us?"  LOL.  Sometimes, the guests are rude to the co-hosts instead of the other way around but this show is always rude.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

The EMTs' wedding was at 4:00, and they were still at the church an hour afterwards as their guests were traveling to the reception.  They got a call about the accident, and left to go to the scene, where other EMTs were already attending.  Most likely they would have had to travel the same route and pass the accident anyway.  Once there, they did nothing - it was already being taken care of.  In the words of the bride:

"I trusted my co-workers to know what they are doing," Ray said. "We were just there to check up on the situation. It doesn't matter if it's your wedding day or not."

Seems to be another case where the word "hero" is being wildly misused and diminishes the real intent and meaning of the word.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/emt-bride-pic-goes-viral-after-grandmothers-crash/35811848

ETA:  After further thought, maybe they were just too damn embarrassed to be accepting a luxury cruise honeymoon as the reward for doing...nothing.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 13

Wait, was that the great Movie Stah Whoopi Golderg who used to snarl at reality show  'stars'  defending Kim Kardashian and her mother today?

I guess it's because Kim's video game sold a billion dollars in sales or something. Now that will get you Whoopi respect  Hahahaha!  So I guess it's okay  with Whoopi to be a talentless  famewhore Kartrashian IF you can make a billion dollars doing it.  But if you just have a successful blog, cooking show, and cookbook then you deserve her rude treatment.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

The EMTs' wedding was at 4:00, and they were still at the church an hour afterwards as their guests were traveling to the reception.  They got a call about the accident, and left to go to the scene, where other EMTs were already attending.  Most likely they would have had to travel the same route and pass the accident anyway.  Once there, they did nothing - it was already being taken care of.  In the words of the bride:

Seems to be another case where the word "hero" is being wildly misused and diminishes the real intent and meaning of the word.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/emt-bride-pic-goes-viral-after-grandmothers-crash/35811848

Thanks Tunia, that's what I thought. 

But who was surprised that this group and this show repeatedly called this bride and her new hubby Heroes?   I think Michelle even said that pic, "should be in a museum."  Yes, it was cool pic; and I would probably "like" it if I saw it on Facebook but I would check out the story before I flew them to NYC to be on the show and lavish a bunch of praise on them for doing something anyone,  EMT or not,  would have done.    If anything, the mother should have been the guest - she's the one snapping the photos and posting them, lol.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

So the young couple are trained emergency responders and the went to the site to make sure Grandma was ok....as every one of us would do...trained or not.

In my extended family, the father of the bride died on the way home from the rehearsal dinner....the family's response...total support for everyone ......

But apparently not caught on video.

Seabourn is a high end cruise line and I really hope they take the trip.

Given the couple's training, I think they really do not think of themselves as heroes, they think of themselves as decent caring people.

I still hope they take the cruise and maybe other family - - including grandma - - will go along!

• Love 7

I thought it really was a non-story.  I kept waiting for the "hero" part, but there just wasn't one.  Yes, it's good that she cared enough to check on her family, but I don't see that as particularly heroic.  

So there was a photo of her out on the road in her wedding dress.   That gets her a segment on TV and a free vacation??

And speaking of the vacation, it crossed my mind that getting time off work might not be easy for them.  But even so (and even if they hate to travel, have an aversion to cruises, were hoping for something else, or whatever), they certainly should have acted at least a little bit grateful.   That whole segment was very odd.  

I'm annoyed by it as well.  And by the importance given to Twitter.   earlier this week, Michelle expressed an opinion, and Raven piped up with "that's what someone said on Twitter!"  and then read the tweet.  Who cares?  

Raven really seems to believe that the world rises and falls based on what people are saying on Twitter.  I seriously don't think she's ever read anything in her life other than scripts (with phonetic spelling, most likely) and social media.

I have never seen someone have such a high opinion of her own intelligence with so little to back it up.

If I was in the vicinity and had heard my grandparents were in an accident, I would have gone and checked on them. I think most people would. Just saying.

Exactly.  IMO she would have been a bitch if she hadn't gone.  And she's not a "hero" because she did.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5

I tuned in for about 2 minutes and decided I could see how today's show was going to go and went back to the Benghazi interrogation.

Could be an interesting topic in HT's (lol) tomorrow but I doubt it. Doubt CCB, Michelle and Raven have anything to say.

• Love 1

So the young couple are trained emergency responders and the went to the site to make sure Grandma was ok....as every one of us would do...trained or not.

In my extended family, the father of the bride died on the way home from the rehearsal dinner....the family's response...total support for everyone ......

But apparently not caught on video.

Seabourn is a high end cruise line and I really hope they take the trip.

Given the couple's training, I think they really do not think of themselves as heroes, they think of themselves as decent caring people.

I still hope they take the cruise and maybe other family - - including grandma - - will go along!

kay, was it Seabourn?   I can't picture them advertising on this shit show.  I thought they said Regent Cruise line, which I've never heard of since I know almost nothing about cruise lines but I could be completely wrong.  I only recognized Seabourn  because I met someone that works for them - they're part of the Holland America Group and based in Seattle. 

Maybe the couple wasn't really being rude, maybe they were just baffled as to why they were there and why they would get a free trip.  If they don't want it they should give to the mother than took the pic, lol.   

I thought it really was a non-story.  I kept waiting for the "hero" part, but there just wasn't one.  Yes, it's good that she cared enough to check on her family, but I don't see that as particularly heroic.  

So there was a photo of her out on the road in her wedding dress.   That gets her a segment on TV and a free vacation??

And speaking of the vacation, it crossed my mind that getting time off work might not be easy for them.  But even so (and even if they hate to travel, have an aversion to cruises, were hoping for something else, or whatever), they certainly should have acted at least a little bit grateful.   That whole segment was very odd.  

Raven really seems to believe that the world rises and falls based on what people are saying on Twitter.  I seriously don't think she's ever read anything in her life other than scripts (with phonetic spelling, most likely) and social media.

I have never seen someone have such a high opinion of her own intelligence with so little to back it up.

Exactly.  IMO she would have been a bitch if she hadn't gone.  And she's not a "hero" because she did.

Nope.  She was in a cool picture - but she wasn't doing anything heroic in it. Gah, this show. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Holy crap who calls family and says there's a wreck, the car was totaled and DOES NOT SAY EVERYONE IS ALIVE?

Also, they showed the little window for the hero couple reaction shot to the cruise and they just sat there, It was hilarious. They said that the trip is worth $20,000. Heck if they don't want it, sell it!

I'm so sick of anything Kardashian I could puke. And good for Kloe or whoever for being a human and sticking by the ex-to-be when he almost died.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

kay, was it Seabourn?   I can't picture them advertising on this shit show.  I thought they said Regent Cruise line

Yes, Cosmocrush, it was Regent, and an all-inclusive to boot!  Regent even pays for plane fares, a pre-cruise hotel for the night before embarkment, as well as all the shore excursions booked through the cruise line.  Saves quite a bundle on all those pesky extras.  Hell, I'm not nuts about cruising, but even I'd take this one!

ETA:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_Seven_Seas_Cruises

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5

Yes, Cosmocrush, it was Regent, and an all-inclusive to boot!  Regent even pays for plane fares, a pre-cruise hotel for the night before embarkment, as well as all the shore excursions booked through the cruise line.  Saves quite a bundle on all those pesky extras.  Hell, I'm not nuts about cruising, but even I'd take this one!

ETA:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_Seven_Seas_Cruises

That is a pretty generous spendy reward for doing what a normal person would do. They could have at least done a feigned "OMG!" or a home-alone-esque both hands on the cheeks or IDK what. 

• Love 4

I don't believe for a moment Khloe is sticking by Lamar for anything other than publicity for the Kartrashian family business. They start taping their new season next month, and I bet they'll use poor Lamar as a big part of their show.

• Love 10

It is a good thing that The View has a applause sign... since CBB says she enjoys that fake applause

I think children should be taught about sex..... starting at the age where they are in the public.... Everything should be age appropriate of course... start them off with understanding improper touching and move on from there.... more information the older the get

• Love 9

I'm excited to have an opportunity to say something positive about this show: Michelle's hair looked really nice today.  Unfortunately, that whole basketball/stripper/hooker conversation was a shit show and I'm not sure I even understood what they were talking about.

• Love 4

I'm only now taking in the awfulness of what Raven Symone is wearing because I was so taken aback by her hair. WTF is that thing?

I've never heard of this basketball controversy before and all I got was a woman pimped out her daughters and is now trying to make more money by writing a book about it. And it was fun, according to the one daughter.

• Love 4

I don't believe for a moment Khloe is sticking by Lamar for anything other than publicity for the Kartrashian family business. They start taping their new season next month, and I bet they'll use poor Lamar as a big part of their show.

I did not think of that. Sadly, I think you totally nailed it.

• Love 2

LOL, Haleth. Great irony there. Did I hear right that someone ask if they slept with several players and the reply was that they stuck primarily with one? Yeah, it's a little known fact that most strippers/prostitutes are actually monogamous with their clients. <eyeroll>

Michelle did not annoy me much today. Actually, CCB wasn't quite as bad either. I about fainted when she said that Hillary acted presidential in her demeanor during the 11-hour Benghazipalooza.

Sherri out on the street yelling for a good cause is the place for her - if she just HAS to be on the show. I doubt she likes it though because she used to complain about how sitting in a lawn chair or a blanket at Jeffrey's school events would wear her out.

Barney Frank was a great guest.

I love when Joy moderates. The show was really much better today.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 8

No Raven, (you stupid bitch) Hillary did not sit there for 11 hours with her head in her palms.  Her facial expressions reflected what was being said &, more often than not, her face was in "neutral" -- like your not going to get a rise out of me.  I must say, I was shocked & appalled at the way those Republic "gentlemen" questioned her.  Witch hunt?  Totally!!!!

• Love 16

Sherri was on the show for a few minutes.  on Twitter, Sherri is complaining that they DIDN'T GIVE HER FOOD!    and she showed a picture of paper plates, forks, cups, and diet soda.  NO FOOD!   poor Sherri!

She's also bitching about the women of the basketball scandal -  I think Sherri wishes she was on the show for that interview. 

Raven asks the women about a "confidentiality agreement" .  These were HOOKERS hired to have sex with college basketball players.  Does she really think they would have contracts?  or that contracts would be enforceable? Or does Raven have some experience with a confidentiality contract that she's not telling us about?  because that was a strange question. 

And yes, Raven's hair and outfit - I thought at first it was a Halloween costume, some sort of character from a sci-fi movie or show.   Maybe the hair and makeup people are making fun of her   by doing that to her head. 

• Love 4

I am thinking the "viral" bride pic thing was just about patting health professionals on the back and trying to garner some good will from the medical community after their nurse publicity nightmare. I think they realize that nurses still hate them so they are trying to woo the EMTs. After so many people mentioned the story, I decided to check it out. The couple seemed almost embarrassed to be there from what I could tell. They were clearly the only people on the stage that has even an ounce of self-awareness.

Also-not a big fan of Joy's comments about the virgin certificate story. This show is stupid. I hate this show.

• Love 3

Hrrrrrrrrmmmph.  I'm bored.  I'm bored with the co-hosts that even Joy can't save, I'm bored with decent tepid topics being cut off, I want to smack CCB, I'm bored with really effing stupid bizarre stories of "interest", this show even made me fast forward Tony Bennett.  It was good to see Barney Frank.  That's all I got.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 7

Was Raven watching the same Hillary Clinton hearing I was watching? Because Secretary Clinton never once struck me as "bored."  Exhausted maybe, a little frustrated at times.  But never once did she seem bored to me.

And the only time I saw Hillary Clinton sit there with her face resting on her hand was right after she gave the blow by blow description of the attack and how people tried to escape and how they ended up dying.  And it was not because she was bored.  It seemed to me she rested her head on her hand because she was sad and completely deflated by recounting the tale.  And it lasted for all of maybe twenty seconds. 

But I am glad Raven found it entertaining.  I know I just *love* hearing about people going through terrifying ordeals and slow deaths, and getting to watch a politically motivated lynch mob go on the attack afterwards is awesome teevee.  

Ugh. Raven, stick to reading the tweets of other people.  Your own thoughts are just ... beyond stupid.  So stupid they are actually offensive sometimes. 

And for the record, I agree with you about schools teaching kids about sex, balancing a checkbook, taxes, and hygiene.  At least teaching YOUR kids those things. Because I really doubt you have the brains to do it yourself.  I think most other parents would prefer to handle the majority of those topics themselves (with the possible exception of the actual physiology of reproduction), but clipping toenails and brushing teeth and the entire five minutes it takes to learn how to balance a checkbook ....I think most parents can handle that on their own. 

And on a petty note, the gold lame' garbage bag you had on today looked like shit. 

• Love 10

Oh boy, Rite Aid gave some sunscreen to those lucky pink t shirted ladies, and then the camera panned in for a close up of the Rite Aid window. As someone who has had breast cancer, this constant advertising in conjunction with the pink month really irritates me. I suppose it raises money for the cause, but I'd like to see how much from every sponsor who capitalizes on it. Excuse me if I'm a little cynical.

On a shallow note, what was Paula wearing around her neck? That thing was really obnoxious!

I love Barney Frank.

• Love 8

Sherri was on the show for a few minutes.  on Twitter, Sherri is complaining that they DIDN'T GIVE HER FOOD!    and she showed a picture of paper plates, forks, cups, and diet soda.  NO FOOD!   poor Sherri!

What?  My job doesn't feed me either, damn them.  They only, you know, pay me and I guarantee it's a LOT less than Sherri's paycheck for a couple hours clowning around on this show.  

That said, I confess I didn't see the show today.  I am home and tuned into Wendy because I can't take Whoopi live. But Whoopi was on Wendy so I turned the whole mess off, lol.  

I might have to catch it online later.  

• Love 3