Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Maybe she meant "and" but typed "at"???  I sure hope she is studying for a job that does not require good communication skills or anything that has to do with saving lives/health.  She is not good with details.  And how do you "study" seriously while watching a movie?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A6E7D569-A028-4C58-A996-DB1B61A680E5.jpeg

I guess she meant to say “nap time = movies AND study”

Maybe it’s just me but whenever I was studying it never included watching a movie at the same time 🤔

Edited by Joan of Argh
Thanks autocorrect… NOT!
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe it’s just me but whenever I was studying it never included watching a movie at the same time 🤔

Same here!  I always needed several highlighters and pens, but not random, dirty footwear, nearby.  

• LOL 8
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Perhaps she has changed her major yet again - to film studies? 

• LOL 11

Well, y'all, I would have Ghost Hunters turned on all of the time while I studied back in the day.  Just had it on as background noise to drown out other ... background noise!  Oops, even i didn't see THAT coming!  Hehehheh.  

Must be the guy's voices on that show.  Excellent study tones.  😉

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

took a class in college called American Pop Culture.  Easy   

i took exact same class and it was fun and yes easy.   I was in college 1978-1982.   I am OLD!  🤣

I refuse to accept that. 1979-1983 here!!

• LOL 6
On 1/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, Elodia said:

She sounds exactly like her Mom. (minus the coffee and study part). 

Right?

No, Maddie, it did not feel like “forever” getting back to a routine after holidays and travel. I rely on routines so much I did them throughout the holiday season despite not even being home: Working out? Check, I brought my gear. Special foods? Check, I brought my gluten and dairy free stuff with me. Language study? Check, I brought it with me. It wasn’t that hard. 

Why is getting back to a routine so problematic for some people? Or is it easier for me because I have autism and routines are a required, orderly part of my life? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 11
On 1/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, ginger90 said:

No Plexus? 🧐 

59DFA654-5973-41A7-A77D-01C350CFCD7D.jpeg

Whoa!  Looking at that picture, I had a major flashback to the IG account of the Great Mariah Brown, who loved to show us her books and coffee too!  Must run in the fahm'ly.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

No, Maddie, it did not feel like “forever” getting back to a routine after holidays and travel. I

To me, it was never a big deal to go back to routine after holidays and travel. Heck, I (and lots of friends too) went back to work the very next day we arrived home from an intercontinental flight (including jetlag 😉). Let me tell you a - not so secret - secret, Maddie and Janelle: It's only a big dill if you make it a big dill. And no plexus needed. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

To me, it was never a big deal to go back to routine after holidays and travel. Heck, I (and lots of friends too) went back to work the very next day we arrived home from an intercontinental flight (including jetlag 😉). Let me tell you a - not so secret - secret, Maddie and Janelle: It's only a big dill if you make it a big dill. And no plexus needed. 🙄

I think Maddie and Janelle just like to complain about whatever they can on social media.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

She makes so many errors I wonder if she’s using the mic instead of typing, and doesn’t bother to check if it heard her correctly. 

Maybe... or maybe she just can't spell...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I'm of 1972-76 college vintage and took a Silent Films course complete with a live piano player who had actually played at movie theatres during the last ~15 yrs of the Silent Film era. 

Same dates here.  I would have enjoyed that class!

• Love 3
On 1/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

took a class in college called American Pop Culture.  Easy   

i took exact same class and it was fun and yes easy.   I was in college 1978-1982.   I am OLD!  🤣

I was in college 1983-1987 and my class was classic American films.  Every week we watched a double feature of screwball comedies, film noire or westerns.

I didn't take it for a grade--just pass/fail.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
I got the year wrong.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I was in college 1908-1987 and my class was classic American films.  Every week we watched a double feature of screwball comedies, film noire or westerns.

1908? That ah..is an interesting date.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I was in college 1908-1987 and my class was classic American films.  Every week we watched a double feature of screwball comedies, film noire or westerns.

I know it’s a typo. 

No way you went to college for 79 years… unless you are a vampire from Twilight 🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

The loud laughing with unladylike snorting you hear is me!

She spells like a 3rd grader. 

Look at the thick layer of fat in the stalk (stock) ! Very unappetizing.

Well, if she chills it she can scrape off some great schmaltz off the top. If she knows what to do with it... 🙂

• Love 11
On 1/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Well, y'all, I would have Ghost Hunters turned on all of the time while I studied back in the day.  Just had it on as background noise to drown out other ... background noise!  Oops, even i didn't see THAT coming!  Hehehheh.  

Must be the guy's voices on that show.  Excellent study tones.  😉

I would turn on the television for background noise too when I studied in college. I preferred something that I already had watched many times or something basic that I did not need to really pay attention to follow. It worked for me.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I would turn on the television for background noise too when I studied in college. I preferred something that I already had watched many times or something basic that I did not need to really pay attention to follow. It worked for me.

Agreed.  Most episodes I knew by heart so I could go on about my work.  😉 

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 4

I used to watch the Golden Girls while I did work for my college classes lol.  I’ve seen every episode at least 100x, so it didn’t require much attention on my part.  

Also, Maddie’s spelling makes me cringe.  But good for her posting something non-negative I guess.  

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Fosca said:

I immediately started trying to visualize what a "chicken stalk" would look like.  I don't recommend it; it ain't pretty.

Kody’s genitalia? Kody chasing after his prime chicken Robyn? 

Robyn you want my chicken stalk?

I will see myself to a prayer closet.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 12
On 1/30/2022 at 1:16 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

She makes so many errors I wonder if she’s using the mic instead of typing, and doesn’t bother to check if it heard her correctly. 

It's what happens when you turn on the tv and watch a movie when you are supposed to be studying and/or work on your language skills....

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, MargeGunderson said:

That’s dumb, even for her.

That's dumb, even for Mykelti.  

If Maddie and Mykelti ever have dinner together, the menu would be chicken cordon blue simmered in chicken stalk.

• LOL 14