Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Does Maddie not know what "genetic" means?  One studied group that had several FATCO children were plygs in Pakistan.  Inbreeding (whether plygs or not) makes it more likely for recessive genes to find their match. Even though Kootie & Janelle's parents weren't plygs when they were born, they did live and intermarry within a small geographic area and knew plygs nearby. Is Caleb only Kootie's BIL by marriage or are there other genetic connections? Kootie has some sort of 3rd+ cousin relationship to Meri, Christine, and Robyn's Cookie Thief.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

Experiencing guilt upon learning that your child will be atypical is quite common.  It can be irrational and makes little difference if the abnormality is genetic or not.  Further, as in Maddie's case and as stated in the article, the feelings of responsibility often begin as a result of an early pregnancy ultra sound and well before genetic testing and a diagnosis is determined.  The moment you learn your child will have differences is often the moment a mom begins to examine and judge everything about herself and her actions.  Even after learning the condition is genetic, frequently the critical self reflection simply transfers to the inadequacies of your own DNA and rarely ventures outside yourself to even your parents (from whom your DNA came from),  as I said irrational but still very real. To assume she does not know what genetic means is harsh and denies the psychology of guilt.

• Love 11

Hey you guys, this is actually quite impressive! A whole bit of text without a single mistake (the left bit). Even library is correct!

As for the right bit, I’m convinced she’s looking for a children’s bible here. I really am, just a little, well maybe not really…. Oh well, at least she capitalized God. I guess that counts for something?

• LOL 8
On 2/13/2022 at 9:30 PM, ginger90 said:

303F8C4F-FF71-45E3-A1BB-382E7F91F5E9.jpeg

“I am learning the importance of a library”: A bit of a late discovery for someone who claims to want a higher education.

I’m in love with books, nothing beats having books on the shelf. Our own library is huge and has been growing since college—we’re going to need actual library book shelves soon to house it because cheapo shelves won’t cut it. 

• Love 12

It sounds like parents reading to their kids every night before bed is a novel idea for Maddie. How sad that this was not a routine with FOUR ADULTS in her fambly growing up.  Truely & Gwen have always been seen reading, so perhaps Christine read to her kids.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Her question of the day, “Why do puppies chew carpet?”.

Because their lazy humans aren't training and watching them properly. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

I don’t think I remember her with any other colour than the hideous black. And that was very unnatural and way too hard for her skin tone. Kody’s blonde, as is Janelle. Her full siblings (kody and Janelle’s kids) are all blonde too, though some seem to be a bit darker than others.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LilyD said:

I don’t think I remember her with any other colour than the hideous black. And that was very unnatural and way too hard for her skin tone. Kody’s blonde, as is Janelle. Her full siblings (kody and Janelle’s kids) are all blonde too, though some seem to be a bit darker than others.

I remember a scene when they went back to Lehi to get more things out of the house and Maddie called Mykelti a dumb blonde or something like that.  And Robyn said your blonde to.  Photos of her when she is younger are blonde.

• LOL 9

This pic was taken in Las Vegas on that huge family celebration (you know, when Meri was wearing that hideous green dress😏) I had to look twice when I saw Maddie. She really is Janelle's twin. 

Screenshot_20220221_210951_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Love 6

Maddie looks so nice as a blonde! I don't even remember that. Now I know why her skin tone has seemed blah and odd, she's choosing the wrong hair colors by far.

Elodia, she really does look like Janelle's twin! I'd bet that's why she changes her color so much, too. I did the same when people said I looked exactly like MY mom (when I was in my early 20's) 😆 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Maddie looks so nice as a blonde! I don't even remember that. Now I know why her skin tone has seemed blah and odd, she's choosing the wrong hair colors by far.

Elodia, she really does look like Janelle's twin! I'd bet that's why she changes her color so much, too. I did the same when people said I looked exactly like MY mom (when I was in my early 20's) 😆 

Most people look best in a colour that goes with their skin tone. The boot black was hideous and made her look sickly, not tough or goth.  She could look good in a light auburn (like Jessica Chastain), but none of the unnatural shades of red she has has chosen in the past looked right on her.  There is a reason that even drugstore dye comes in numerous shades of blonde, because different ones look better on different skin tones.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I think so too. That's why I was so surprised when she recently said she was in the process of changing her hair color back to blonde. Mykelti and Mariah looked great as blondes too...

Edited by Elodia
typo
  • Love 4

Very few people are able to go fully black as it's way too harsh on their skin tone especially when you have a very fair skin. Maddie is the perfect example.  I have a subtle "tan" due to my grandparents being Indonesian and even I cannot sport fully black. My hair dresser advised a warmer shade of dark brown and that's what I have till today.A good hair dresser always advises on such matters

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Very few people are able to go fully black as it's way too harsh on their skin tone especially when you have a very fair skin. Maddie is the perfect example.  I have a subtle "tan" due to my grandparents being Indonesian and even I cannot sport fully black. My hair dresser advised a warmer shade of dark brown and that's what I have till today.A good hair dresser always advises on such matters

So true.  It looks like Maddie used a jet black box color in some of the shows, and it did not suit her at all.  I spray painted my golden blonde hair black as a teenager for Halloween, and it looked awful.  Thankfully, it washed out with a shampoo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The simplicity and familiarity of aspiring to be the chattel of a man?

I know it's awful, but I like that movie, too. I love looking at the homes and furnishings, and the outdoor scenery. (The room with the statues was incredible, especially the woman with the veil. I can't get over that it's cut from stone, it looks so delicate)

I've noticed I mostly watch movies for what's happening in the background, or the sets themselves. Screw the plot and actors! 😂 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Its what young'uns do.  Wait til he starts playing some sort of ball.  😆

Truth! I was such a klutz and always needing stitches, casts or something. I finally grew out of it when I hit my teens. (Or grew into my giant feet?)

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 2/21/2022 at 10:07 AM, ginger90 said:

F2C649C4-E11A-495C-8569-A8CD31672A26.jpeg

It looks really good! Much more flattering on her than that ugly black hair she had for so long, given her natural shade is blonde it will look SO good when she’s back to that.

She’s doing it right by taking it slow—it’s very difficult (and damaging) to lift black hair to blonde. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

It’s obvious that Jenelle is not using plexus at all. She is lying. 

If she is, it's obviously not helping her weight any.  That picture with the Plexus women was beyond terrible.  To quote a line from one of my favorite sitcoms, "you (meaning Janelle) should wear black, or stay home."

Those beige pants put her FUPA on display.  Not a good look.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those beige pants put her FUPA on display.  Not a good look.

I'm over weight but not anywhere near that size and I always wear a shirt that covers my gut.  Nor do I wear tight pants or shorts without a longer shirt or tunic.

• Love 12