Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

It is unclear how much chromium is in this stuff.  Too much chromium can be dangerous, From UofMhealth.org (UMichigan): 

"What happens if you have too much chromium?

The chromium found in foods will not hurt you. But taking excessive chromium supplements can lead to stomach problems and low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Too much chromium from supplements can also damage the liver, kidneys, and nerves, and it may cause irregular heart rhythm."

More: https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/ut1024spec

Edited by Teafortwo
added URL
  • Useful 11

All of these ingredients were popular (usually in pill form) 15-20 years ago as supplements to a typical low-cal diet.  People tried them and found that they didn't lose more than with the diet alone, so sales dropped. The first two ingredients are diuretics and cause some people nausea and diarrhea - so the "weight" loss is mostly water loss & dehydration, not healthy.  Plexus appears to have just added these 4 supplements to water with some food colouring and put them in a phallic bottle and what was old is new again for a new generation of suckers. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 11
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Plexus appears to have just added these 4 supplements to water with some food colouring and put them in a phallic bottle and what was old is new again for a new generation of suckers. 

Exactly.  Plexus has refused to release any more than the list of ingredients, will not report otu amounts so that researchers can weigh in on efficacy or safety. I bet it's a smidgen of each and the rest is, as you say, water and food coloring.  It won't kill you but it won't help either.  It's just a high priced placebo for the desperate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

If Isabelle works at Starbucks, as the photo that @ginger90 posted suggests, there could be some interesting twists:

• Did she leave Flagstaff for college, only to attend Arizona State University online via the Starbucks employee benefit?
  • Were Evie's clinginess and smashed muffin both directly related to Isabelle?  Maybe Evie missed her mother figure, and Maddie took her to Starbucks, where she was rewarded with a muffin to smash apart.
  • Useful 9
14 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

If Isabelle works at Starbucks, as the photo that @ginger90 posted suggests, there could be some interesting twists:

• Did she leave Flagstaff for college, only to attend Arizona State University online via the Starbucks employee benefit?
  • Were Evie's clinginess and smashed muffin both directly related to Isabelle?  Maybe Evie missed her mother figure, and Maddie took her to Starbucks, where she was rewarded with a muffin to smash apart.

I'm happy to hear that Ysabel is actually working. No shame in being a barista.

ETA wow that sofa is filthy.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 16

I wish Christmas stuff didn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving.  In the 60's, my mom would take me to downtown Seattle on what's become Black Friday, and we'd admire the store display at the Bon Marche (which became Macy's.)

That said, Maddie and Caleb have a nice house.  Too bad Grandma Janelle made do with an RV on Prairie Plague Flats.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I wish Christmas stuff didn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving.  In the 60's, my mom would take me to downtown Seattle on what's become Black Friday, and we'd admire the store display at the Bon Marche (which became Macy's.)

That said, Maddie and Caleb have a nice house.  Too bad Grandma Janelle made do with an RV on Prairie Plague Flats.  

I don't mind it going up (gotta take advantage of decent weather when you have it), but I wish it wouldn't be turned on.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

I don't mind it going up (gotta take advantage of decent weather when you have it), but I wish it wouldn't be turned on.

Yep, extending the season from the start of October just makes it all less special to me. I get lights up outside but nothing goes on until the day after Thanksgiving at which time I start decorating inside..  One holiday at a time, please!

• Love 7

image.thumb.png.982f9123a8a273ee11b6d0a10b732498.png

For once, I totally get where she's coming from! Caleb sounds like my dear husband but after years of arguing about exactly this, I just roll my eyes, walk away and let him be. I do stay around with a fully charged mobile phone though , just in case...  

• Love 9

Maddie did a Q&A in her stories.

When asked about school she said, “I’m biology right now. I was pre-nursing but I’m iffy there so I’m going to choose a choice that allows me to keep choosing. So I’m biology right now I’m looking at nutrition.”.

Yes this is an accurate quote.

2 more questions:

8A6FBEDA-D369-45B4-B2BE-B16143C827AB.jpeg

6CD0F3BC-3E4C-453B-BFA9-769539AFE9A5.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, ginger90 said:

Maddie did a Q&A in her stories.

When asked about school she said, “I’m biology right now. I was pre-nursing but I’m iffy there so I’m going to choose a choice that allows me to keep choosing. So I’m biology right now I’m looking at nutrition.”.

2 more questions:

8A6FBEDA-D369-45B4-B2BE-B16143C827AB.jpeg

6CD0F3BC-3E4C-453B-BFA9-769539AFE9A5.jpeg

She has adorable kids! But gotta say if Maddie's instagram life is her real life then I'm in awe of her can do attitude. I'm the mom of two children who were disabled by society due to their impairments and it only got harder as they got older. I couldn't imagine a third. More power to her as she navigates her world.  Honestly this a compliment to her because she is seemingly unfazed. And on top of that being a student...! One question, are the dogs still around?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

How many things has she tried when it comes to studying? At least 3 if not more? Either she really has no clue what she wants to do or she drops out too easily. 

Also, how does she manage to fund these “attempts”. Going to college doesn’t come cheap and if she keeps switching???

Edited by LilyD
Spelling
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Also, how does she manage to fund these “attempts”. Going to college doesn’t come cheap and if she keeps switching???

At most she is probably taking one or two classes a semester at a community college so it wouldn’t be that expensive. Maybe a few hundred dollars a semester with books. I am not holding my breath for Maddie to finish school. This is someone who was all about going away to college to be a lawyer (I think) and then just quit to either plan her wedding or just be with Caleb. Something like that but it wasn’t explained why she couldn’t continue her schooling. At some point she will likely stop going to school and never mention it again. Just like her mom’s newly discovered ways to get healthy and lose weight that changes everything. 

• Love 18
On 11/22/2021 at 3:13 AM, deirdra said:

I'd be holding onto the base of the ladder to stabilize it, not standing back taking a photo if my loved one were up that high.

Why is she freaking out anyways? I don’t understand my fellow women sometimes—“maybe we shouldn’t do this”. Sigh! It’s very safe when done properly and carefully and by someone with experience, which he clearly has (shouldn’t she KNOW THIS about him?). 

This is one of many reasons I don’t always get on well with my gender. During the holidays I’m more often involved with what the guys are doing versus the gals. 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Why is she freaking out anyways? I don’t understand my fellow women sometimes—“maybe we shouldn’t do this”. Sigh! It’s very safe when done properly and carefully and by someone with experience, which he clearly has (shouldn’t she KNOW THIS about him?). 

This is one of many reasons I don’t always get on well with my gender. During the holidays I’m more often involved with what the guys are doing versus the gals. 

From observations of my granddaughters that fall into the 30 something age bracket, they are inclined to "get 'er done", whether it's minor car maintenance or household repairs.  No "damsels in distress" awaiting the white knight to rescue them, so there is hope for future generations.  By the same token, there are expectations that the male in the family will jump in and take over when mom is swamped with roles traditionally assigned to women... child care, household cleaning etc.

Maddie has learned from Janelle to call in the big strong hero when it's time to discipline unruly kids or hang a flat screen TV, when she had sons perfectly capable of assisting her with the heavy lifting.  In Janelle's case, it may have been the only opportunity she would have for a visit from her part-time husband.  

• Love 12

She probably had to get a bigger TV to hide the holes in the wall caused by manly man hanging the TV without reading the directions. Did her landlord give her permission to mount the TV on the wall.  Why not put it on a table so the TV is at eye-height when sitting, like it should be to avoid neck strain, and the table hides the wires.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She probably had to get a bigger TV to hide the holes in the wall caused by manly man hanging the TV without reading the directions. Did her landlord give her permission to mount the TV on the wall.  Why not put it on a table so the TV is at eye-height when sitting, like it should be to avoid neck strain, and the table hides the wires.

I believe they're buying the house.  I could be wrong.

I agree the TV is mounted too high.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

They bought the house they  currently live in. They had rented prior to that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7647D713-FC04-45FF-B237-9638EE08F508.jpeg

A strawberry huller would have been a better choice of utensil or lacking that, a spoon to scoop the hull would have been safer.  I see Maddie's arm hovering in the background, but kids can be so quick!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A strawberry huller would have been a better choice of utensil or lacking that, a spoon to scoop the hull would have been safer.  I see Maddie's arm hovering in the background, but kids can be so quick!

I thought the same thing but I zoomed in and it looks just like a knife from their silverware set. Those are generally not very sharp.

• Love 13