Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

On 10/21/2021 at 5:19 PM, ginger90 said:

Am I just cranky, or is this sad?

956B87C2-A45F-458A-A584-FCA95177168E.jpeg

I am going with sad.  Maybe I hovered too much when my kids were little but I rarely let them go outside by themselves while I watched from inside the house, at least not at Axel's age.  Even if I was just nearby pulling weeds or raking leaves, it felt wrong to send a young kid outside by him/herself.  My guess is that Maddie wouldn't agree.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:29 PM, Roslyn said:

Knowing Social Media, she says that to let people know she is fully aware that his face is dirty to try to stop anyone from needing to point it out.  However, people always do anyway.

I feel like Janelle does this a lot too...the one that comes to mind was something about "don't look at my crooked picture frames" or something.  And who cares if Axel's face is dirty (which I didn't even see in the photo).  He's a kid!  He's not supposed to be photo-ready every single time Mommy points her phone at him.  I blame social media for this mentality that your kids are supposed to have perfect hair and color-coordinated clothes at all times.  If SM had been around when I had my babies, no doubt I would've had a nervous breakdown.

And two dogs.  Two.  With two special needs kids.  And she feeds everyone Plexus.  Wonderful.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I had never heard of Littermate syndrome and Mr. Google helped me out with that, thanks for leading me to this information. 

Raising littermates apparently presents a challenge for even experienced trainers and 2 females even more so.  Maddie and Caleb should have done some readily available research before purchase but fingers should also be pointed at the breeder that allowed this potentially dangerous situation to present itself in a family with 2 little kids.  There is NO WAY Maddie and Caleb will follow the mandates for successfully raising littermates with regard to separate crating, feeding, walks and playtime. I fear for those puppies.

I have a terrible feeling about this

I really wish Maddie would have used some common sense and waited for puppies until the kids were older and maybe start with ONE puppy!

UGH! this situation makes me sad 😑

• Love 11

Maddie did a video in her Instagram stories. The way she worded it, “she wanted to get rid of them, she needed them gone”, about the owner was sad.

She acknowledged littermate syndrome and said they are being proactive.

Screenshot from a video of one of the puppies following Axel as he’s using a leaf blower:

ED8509C0-2DE1-4742-B9CD-EC79F69C2B4A.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

Young kids need so much attention, care, energy, resources and time…..so do puppies.  That’s why I’m always surprised when parents of young children adopt multiple pets as if it’s no big deal.  I take things like that as a huge responsibility. I wonder how many others do.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Maddie says the puppies were “roughhousing and playing for 45  minutes”. She said when they get near her foot, they stop. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Screenshot from a video:

D06C99FC-6646-4915-A25F-4E29C962956F.jpeg

Probably maybe she kicks them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Young kids need so much attention, care, energy, resources and time…..so do puppies.  That’s why I’m always surprised when parents of young children adopt multiple pets as if it’s no big deal.  I take things like that as a huge responsibility. I wonder how many others do.  

*sheepishly raises hand*

This is why I never agreed to have a dog in the house when my kids lived at home.  It might sound mean, but to me a dog is a huge responsibility - basically a permanent toddler - and I didn't want the extra work.  I was overwhelmed working nights and weekends, and having two kids in sports/music, that I couldn't see a way to add a dog into the mix even though nearly everyone else I know managed it just fine.  Maybe that was selfish on my part but both of my kids grew up and have their own dogs and haven't needed therapy because Mom would only let them own a couple of goldfish, lol.

But Maddie is supposedly taking classes, has two small kids, and now two puppies?  Yikes.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Probably maybe she kicks them.

......or possibly all that Plexus coursing through her system causes her feet to have a peculiar odor that has a paralyzing effect on the puppies.

• LOL 11

Maddie has an unattractive foot, for sure.

She's a lot like Meri.  Now I'm reminded of how Meri had their dog put down because she didn't want it in her new LV house, possibly peeing on her highnesses' floor.  Yet she let Mosby, Mariah's dog, piss all over her B & B carpet, according to Kootie.  I can't stand those three M's.  The fourth M,  Mykelti , doesn't seem as awful lately, since Avalon's arrival.

Will we see Mykelti's birth episode in the coming season?  I hope she had a better experience than Maddie did, twice.

• Love 6

Another thing about puppies that will grow into large dogs, as those above. (They appear to be labs. And they like lots of activity.). They are gregarious dogs, imo.  Friendly, but without training will jump up on you, mouth with their teeth, and smother you with affection, which can be heavy against young kids.  My young nieces loved their puppy, until he started playing rough, scratching their skin, knocking them down, etc.  A small breed would have worked much better for them.  They had to  re-home their dog when he got too large and the girls didn’t want him near them due to how unruly he was.  Not his fault at all.  There was a serious lack of planning with getting toddlers and pre-schoolers large breed dogs, when you are not prepared to do some daily exercise and training with the dogs.  

17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maddie has an unattractive foot, for sure.

16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I see nothing wrong with her foot. I have seen a lot worse.  

I have to agree with Joan. But unattractive doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong. It’s just…a bit plain. That foot looks a bit neglected as in not really cared for. Frankly like the rest of Maddie I’m afraid. The vibe she’s giving me: “Got the man, the kids, the house and the dogs, so why bother looking my best” 

I’m not saying she should look date-ready 24/7, but a little more attention to clothes, hair and looks in general would go a long way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I have to agree with Joan. But unattractive doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong. It’s just…a bit plain. That foot looks a bit neglected as in not really cared for. Frankly like the rest of Maddie I’m afraid. The vibe she’s giving me: “Got the man, the kids, the house and the dogs, so why bother looking my best” 

I’m not saying she should look date-ready 24/7, but a little more attention to clothes, hair and looks in general would go a long way.

For whom?  Caleb doesn’t seem all that into the personal looks for himself. Could be they are okay with themselves and each other  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I guess I never thought of feet as attractive unless they are on a baby and then they are cute. I work in a shoe store and see feet of all shapes, sizes and condition and they are just feet that I need to find a pair of shoes that will fit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 10/27/2021 at 2:42 PM, lookeyloo said:

For whom?  Caleb doesn’t seem all that into the personal looks for himself. Could be they are okay with themselves and each other  

While I couldn't agree with you more (please be how you want to be) There's also my personal belief that you have only one body and that it deserves to be looked after (cared for) Also; she's a mom. Raising kids start with setting an example and be a role-model for your kids. --> make an effort to at least look like your personal hygiene is in order.

There are lot of pictures of her where I think she could have brushed her hair or make herself (or the kids!) look less smudgy... You can look clean and good with sweat pants, track suit or whatever you want to wear. That was my point, not that she had to be a Kardashian (for Caleb or anyone for that matter)

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

While I couldn't agree with you more (please be how you want to be) There's also my personal belief that you have only one body and that it deserves to be looked after (cared for) Also; she's a mom. Raising kids start with setting an example and be a role-model for your kids. --> make an effort to at least look like your personal hygiene is in order.

There are lot of pictures of her where I think she could have brushed her hair or make herself (or the kids!) look less smudgy... You can look clean and good with sweat pants, track suit or whatever you want to wear. That was my point, not that she had to be a Kardashian (for Caleb or anyone for that matter)

I agree… Maddie often posts on Instagram with greasy ratty looking hair, sweaty face and cranky attitude.

If she’s too busy and stressed out to tidy herself up in the morning because she has 2 small children and other responsibilities don’t add 2 puppies to the equation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

If she’s too busy and stressed out to tidy herself up in the morning because she has 2 small children and other responsibilities don’t add 2 puppies to the equation.

Sooner or later she will transfer a lot of these responsibilities to Ysabel. I'm curious how long this will go well.

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Elodia said:

Sooner or later she will transfer a lot of these responsibilities to Ysabel. I'm curious how long this will go well.

Exactly… I think ysabel is an easy going lovely young woman but everyone has their breaking point.

She has her own hopes, dreams and plans for her future and while I think she enjoys Axel and Evie they aren’t her children and they aren’t her responsibility…. at some point she’ll want to move on with her own life.

• Love 11
On 10/29/2021 at 2:59 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly… I think ysabel is an easy going lovely young woman but everyone has their breaking point.

She has her own hopes, dreams and plans for her future and while I think she enjoys Axel and Evie they aren’t her children and they aren’t her responsibility…. at some point she’ll want to move on with her own life.

Is it possible that she is trading room and board for some nanny/babysitting duties?  I would think this isn't a permanent situation and hope that Isabel will go on with her life sooner or later.

• Love 11

What is it with these people constantly declaring "bestlives", "livingmywhy", "freetobeme", "honestasthedayislong", "happiestpersonontheplanet" all of the time.  Who are they trying to convince?

If you have to keep stating it on social media, you probably aren't.  It's like those people that declare themselves as edgy or a fashionista or creative or one of a kind.  Dollars to donuts none of that is true so quit trying to convince us otherwise.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
38 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

What is it with these people constantly declaring "bestlives", "livingmywhy", "freetobeme", "honestasthedayislong", "happiestpersonontheplanet" all of the time.  Who are they trying to convince?

If you have to keep stating it on social media, you probably aren't.  It's like those people that declare themselves as edgy or a fashionista or creative or one of a kind.  Dollars to donuts none of that is true so quit trying to convince us otherwise.

Those that are living their best lives don't need to say it ad nauseam.  You are right, cetacean!  

That's the main reason I quit SM a few years ago.  Too much BS and bragging.  The older (and crankier) I get, the more I hate other peoples' BS.  

I do enjoy snarking on stuff like that, and I'm pleased that ginger90 brings it over.  😊

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

And a few less small kid's toys laying around.

How long before one of the puppies goes to the vet to get their stomach pumped or opened up to retrieve inappropriate objects?  Remember when Axelbrush smeared the floor, himself & Evie with chocolate? Poison to dogs.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

How long before one of the puppies goes to the vet to get their stomach pumped or opened up to retrieve inappropriate objects?  Remember when Axelbrush smeared the floor, himself & Evie with chocolate? Poison to dogs.

And remember month after month of maddie complaining about axel leaving large plastic spiders all over the house 🙄

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Cetacean said:

And a few less small kid's toys laying around.

Trust me, puppies will find something to chew on, no matter how careful you are. Even if there is nothing, they will find something. A table leg will do, or a rug…curtains…yummy…. So tasty! After so many pups, nothing shocks me anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

What did she want to do, dress the kids as victims of a hunting expedition? 

Hallowe'en has morphed into an event to dress up and eat lots of candy; away from the original root of a hallowed evening to pay respect to past ancestors.

If it was so important for Maddie to have a themed Hallowe'en, she should have kept the kids out of the costume aisles of the stores and put her creative juices to work for a kid friendly unit.

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

What did she want to do, dress the kids as victims of a hunting expedition? 

Hallowe'en has morphed into an event to dress up and eat lots of candy; away from the original root of a hallowed evening to pay respect to past ancestors.

If it was so important for Maddie to have a themed Hallowe'en, she should have kept the kids out of the costume aisles of the stores and put her creative juices to work for a kid friendly unit.

You're right.  Yesterday (Nov. 1) was Dia de los Muertos day, which became the day to honor those who have passed.  Now Halloween has become a day to dress in costume and OD on candy (looking at you, Janelle!)  

Was Maddie Caleb's prey or something?  Weird.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You're right.  Yesterday (Nov. 1) was Dia de los Muertos day, which became the day to honor those who have passed.  Now Halloween has become a day to dress in costume and OD on candy (looking at you, Janelle!)  

Was Maddie Caleb's prey or something?  Weird.

Everything has become so commercialized with store bought costumes.  As a kid in the 1940s we dressed as ghosts, hobos or maybe a clown if mom was good with makeup.  The popular homes were those that dispensed candied apples on a wood skewer.  We would make the rounds of maybe 2 blocks, then come home and bob for apples in a tub of water, then the highlight of the evening would be fireworks displays.  AFAIK, fireworks were a part of Hallowe'en only in British Columbia (since banned but it's done despite that). 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Everything has become so commercialized with store bought costumes.  As a kid in the 1940s we dressed as ghosts, hobos or maybe a clown if mom was good with makeup.  The popular homes were those that dispensed candied apples on a wood skewer.  We would make the rounds of maybe 2 blocks, then come home and bob for apples in a tub of water, then the highlight of the evening would be fireworks displays.  AFAIK, fireworks were a part of Hallowe'en only in British Columbia (since banned but it's done despite that). 

What wonderful memories! I love Halloween.

In HS, my friends and I were too old for trick or treating, but still loved dressing up. My bff's mom did theatrical makeup for the local theater company, and she made us up as the band KISS. We looked AWESOME, and just walked around the neighborhood showing off how great we looked lol.

When my son was little, we went out with my sister and her 4 kids. The big kids thought the littles were a drag, and went off on their own, thinking they'd get more candy. My son and youngest niece were so upset over being left behind, that I drove them to Walgreens and had them pick out loads of the half-off candy.    
  We filled their pillowcases to the brim -they couldn't carry them, they were so heavy!- When the big kids got back, they were gloating about how much candy they got. Their eyes almost popped from their sockets when they saw the little's over-filled pillowcases, and moaned that they should have stayed with us instead. We didn't tell them about our cheating until months later. Haha!

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

"Lose my mind"??? "Constant cry"? 

I stay away from social media so I guess I don't know, but do other mothers talk like this? Those are strong words to put out to the public.

It's the same with the new puppies - "I feed them, I take care of them, and they like Caleb better - poor me!"

You chose to have kids. You chose to get not one, but two, puppies. Deal with it.

Maddie, there are an awful lot of people in the world who just get up, go to work, take care of their families and pets, and don't expect a bunch of sympathy or accolades for it. It's called life. Grow the hell up and knock it off with the martyr routine.

• Love 21
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Boo hoo.  

Dill with it, Maddie!  

I thought the Brush household and children were running like a finely oiled machine fueled by Plexus, the Magic Elixer!?!?

everyone’s digestion, temperment and attitude had made a complete turn around and it was a happy place of rest and relaxation… so what’s up with a toddler who hasn’t slept for a week? Maybe all the caffeine or whatever chemicals she’s pouring down Evies throat aren’t sitting well and keeping her up nights.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I find Maddie annoying.

She did a story of how she let the dogs out, and they have a fenced yard. Then she couldn’t  find them. Is it any wonder? She did end up finding them but didn’t say if they got out or not, just that they had “torn up the chicken wire, or whatever it is “.

9E2F7009-AA97-4010-A810-C6B61C4BC245.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3