Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I find Maddie annoying.

She did a story of how she let the dogs out, and they have a fenced yard. Then she couldn’t  find them. Is it any wonder? She did end up finding them but didn’t say if they got out or not, just that they had “torn up the chicken wire, or whatever it is “.

9E2F7009-AA97-4010-A810-C6B61C4BC245.jpeg

That looks like the bottom of a fence and they’re using chicken wire to fill the gap to the ground, no way will that pathetic “fix” keep a couple energetic puppies in the yard.

maybe they should have thought of securing the yard BEFORE bringing 2 puppies home 🙄

• Love 16
On 10/29/2021 at 1:17 AM, Elodia said:

Sooner or later she will transfer a lot of these responsibilities to Ysabel. I'm curious how long this will go well.

History repeating itself. Next generation. J's daughter, C's daughter. 

• Love 8

Does Maddie make captions up, just so she can post pics? Because Evie supposedly has had trouble sleeping and now she's "clingy". I mean it may be nothing, or something as simple as teething, but I hope if the captions are true, Maddie realizes something might be up.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s probably just me, but the fact that the answer to not sleeping well, and being “clingy” were met with food bugs me.

At least they don't show her chugging a bottle of Plexus Poison.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

897DB607-AA02-4FC2-8519-FF6E067E7EE0.jpeg

What exactly is that mess in front of Evie?

I know she’s little but good grief when I took my kids out to eat I would cut the pastry or whatever in smaller manageable pieces and THEN let them feed themselves…. That looks like an entire strudel or sticky bun or something ripped to shreds and a big mess.

I guess this is the new trend just like SMASH CAKES 🙄

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

What exactly is that mess in front of Evie?

I know she’s little but good grief when I took my kids out to eat I would cut the pastry or whatever in smaller manageable pieces and THEN let them feed themselves…. That looks like an entire strudel or sticky bun or something ripped to shreds and a big mess.

I guess this is the new trend just like SMASH CAKES 🙄

I was going to ask the same thing! That's what I would do too,though I didn't often take them out for sweets like that...

• Love 9

She may seem clingy because Maddie is always on her phone or computer and not giving Evie her undivided attention for a few minutes without taking photos. Carby junk food rewards can also screw up wake/sleep cycles. Turn off your phone and take her to a park or playground or something.

• Love 17

Clingy. Another interesting word choice from our Mother of the Year here. She always chooses the most negative type of words to describe her own children.

It might just be the best word to describe what the poor child needed, though. A hug. Some affection. Some love.

Instead she got a snack and a photo session for Mommy's Instagram.

If it's such a damn bother to you to hold and love your child, then please stop having them.

I'm not a big Mykelti fan, but at least she is over the moon about her little daughter. 

• Love 20
18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I was going to ask the same thing! That's what I would do too,though I didn't often take them out for sweets like that...

Same here…. plus Evie doesn’t have all her fingers so it’s obviously more difficult for her

I know Maddie goes on about not babying Evie and that she doesn’t make any special provisions for her lack of fingers but this seems silly.. cut the pastry into a few smaller pieces she can pick up.

12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Looks like a smashed chocolate chip muffin.

I think you’re right, I couldn’t quite figure out what it was 👍🏻

• Love 9

I've been thinking about this Mykelti vs Maddie mothering techniques. Mykelti's sweet girl is so healthy/happy/beautiful/basically easy care. Maddie has been challenged with both of her sweet children both have health issues and especially Evie with problems that will go on for years. I think it is crushing her/overwhelming her with what she has yet to face in the years to come. She is frustrated and I think a bit afraid of what is ahead of her. IMO she is putting it on the kids "behavior" rather than accepting her fears/anxiety. (And maybe even undeserved guilt...)

Edited by Gramto6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

In my opinion as a mother of two.  Child #1 gets your undivided attention for awhile before #2 comes along. For me it was a natural progression that when child #1 went to school and left child #2 home "alone" that it was the perfect opportunity for one on one time. Two different children, no matter the gender, have different needs and interests and its the perfect opportunity for you to just be with them.

Overall I just don't agree with the social media moaning about motherhood and children in any way. Maybe MAYBE in a private group online....maybe....but at some point your kid is going to look at that and internalize your words.

• Love 18

Maddie always manages to give a (slightly) negative twist to all her posts about her kids. And that’s what annoys me so much. Her latest Evie post is a perfect example. Just say “some mother-daughter time” or whatever. No…she just had to add the fact that she was so clingy…

• Love 15

I think its okay to share the struggles of parenthood on SM, but in a general way. There seem to be two kind over oversharers out there - the sunshine and unicorns and the Maddies. Its the rare parent who manages to show both sides, especially without highlighting a specific kid.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I've been thinking about this Mykelti vs Maddie mothering techniques. Mykelti's sweet girl is so healthy/happy/beautiful/basically easy care. Maddie has been challenged with both of her sweet children both have health issues and especially Evie with problems that will go on for years. I think it is crushing her/overwhelming her with what she has yet to face in the years to come. She is frustrated and I think a bit afraid of what is ahead of her. IMO she is putting it on the kids "behavior" rather than accepting her fears/anxiety. (And maybe even undeserved guilt...)

I agree - but hasn't she also said she wants more children? Or was that just Caleb?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I agree - but hasn't she also said she wants more children? Or was that just Caleb?

You are correct. There was a social media post by Maddie, shared here on the board, where she invited followers to ask her questions...someone asked are you going to have more kids, and Maddie said "Yes!".

I was bummed to hear it. She certainly seems like she's already overwhelmed, complains a lot, is going to school, and apparently also needs to spend time selling poison.

Oh, and has two puppies. 

Maybe she meant she plans to have a third in a few years, after the others are in school full-time, the puppies are grown, she's done with school, and she has secured that Supreme Court Justice position she was angling for a few years back.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

Hopefully she is taking the wise decision to postpone baby no 3 for a while with having two kids who need so much extra care? 

We always wanted a third but decided to wait a few years because of certain things that were going on in our lives right after the birth of baby no 2. One of the best decisions ever and our youngest really blessed our family when she arrived a few years later!

Edited by LilyD
spelling/grammar
  • Love 8

Puzzles are great, but hopefully she doesn't drop any of the pieces or the puppies don't get on the table; I've found that dogs (and cats and various other creatures) LOVE chewing puzzle pieces.  It's part of why I do puzzles online now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Puzzles are great, but hopefully she doesn't drop any of the pieces or the puppies don't get on the table; I've found that dogs (and cats and various other creatures) LOVE chewing puzzle pieces.  It's part of why I do puzzles online now.

Where do you do that?  You're right about the animals messing up puzzles.  

Any break from SM is good for Maddie.  Less complaining online about her kids is a good thing.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It always amuses me when someone posts on social media about taking a break from social media. In this case, she posted it in the morning. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes, and she will be back this evening. This is like: I do intermittent fasting. Ten times a day. 😉

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

I'm pleasantly surprised Maddie was self-aware enough to realize that she could stand to slow down her SM use. 

She's probably been reading this forum's opinions of her use of SM.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She's probably been reading this forum's opinions of her use of SM.

3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope they all read here!  😛

Ha ha, you guys kill me sometimes. 

I think it would be funny if they read here, and maybe some in the family do just because they can't stop reading about themselves, but Maddie has kind of shown herself to be one of those "insta-block" people. Say anything negative at all, BOOM you are blocked...she only wants to exist in an echo chamber. 

And we're pretty direct and snarky...she's probably written us off as "just a buncha haterz!" 😆

• Love 4
Just now, Sasha888 said:

I think it would be funny if they read here, and maybe some in the family do just because they can't stop reading about themselves, but Maddie has kind of shown herself to be one of those "insta-block" people.

I think some of them must read here because of the uncanny timing of new posts that answer questions not asked, presenting themselves in a virtuous light. Meri has done it too - block and delete anything negative on their SM, so people move to other forums, then bingo Meri/Maddie (and previously Mariah) start a new post about how wonderful they are, doing something they've never mentioned before.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

1jFJ1wh.gif

Maddie’s magic combination that she came up with herself, she combines “Slim” to kill her appetite with “Active” to make her zoom around with boundless energy and then tosses in a couple scoops of collagen and ice cubes…I’m not a nutritionist or expert but that doesn’t sound very healthy to me…. I’m wondering what others think? 
Her hair looks lifeless, her eyes are bugging out of her head like she’s hypered herself into a frenzy 😳

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/14/2021 at 5:38 PM, Gramto6 said:

I never heard there was an issue with Axel? Is he delayed?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

1jFJ1wh.gif

Maddie’s magic combination that she came up with herself, she combines “Slim” to kill her appetite with “Active” to make her zoom around with boundless energy and then tosses in a couple scoops of collagen and ice cubes…I’m not a nutritionist or expert but that doesn’t sound very healthy to me…. I’m wondering what others think? 
Her hair looks lifeless, her eyes are bugging out of her head like she’s hypered herself into a frenzy 😳

No, I don't look at Maddie (or Janelle) as they're downing their Plexus and say "I'll have what she's having."  They are not the best advertising for their product.  I'd say Christine is a better face for Plexus, even if her current glow-up has nothing to do with Plexus.

What does "On More" mean?  Is that a typo that should say "One More?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think you are correct and I think Maddie is nuts.

She's taking two kinds of poison that are dangerous enough on their own and mixing them together. It would appear Maddie isn't learning anything in nursing school.

Hey Maddie, there's a thing out there called "protein". It's not harmful to you, it gives you energy, and it fills you up more than something like carbs, so in the long run, you naturally eat less. 

There's also plain old "exercise", and tons of other options, but Maddie can't sell those common sense things to her nitwit followers...

10 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I am on the train of none of these people are actually using Plexus, just selling it.

I hope that you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it. This is the same family that gave Truely the magic MLM green goo drink when she was ill, and then let her lay on the couch and nearly die.

They want to believe in magic potions. Willful ignorance.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

What does "On More" mean?  Is that a typo that should say "One More?"

Sorry this site is very particular about the size of files you can upload, and since this was an animated gif I had to crop the pic and optimize the gif file to make it work.

Her post said “ON more often than not” in other words she drinks this mixture instead of eating “more often than not”

here’s one frame which I still had to crop so the site would accept it…. But you can see most of the phrase 

F0D5B59A-E451-4911-AE36-599365CD4086.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Useful 6

I believe that was how she said it because she said “on”, and then changed what she was going to say. She had been talking about busy days when she needs the crap. That’s how I recall it anyway. It’s no longer up.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Her post said “ON more often than not”

Judging by the photos she seems to be a little OFF more often than not.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

JMO but she seemed kind of nervous… she was talking a mile a minute and when she demonstrated how she makes her drink she tore the plastic tubes open with her teeth and sort of struggled with the first one, dumped it in the cup, tore open the next one with her teeth dumped it in, scooped some collagen…. All the while talking really fast… then she stressed using cold water because warm water will kill the active ingredients or something, she tossed in ice cubes then used a milk frother to mix it… she fiddled around with that and couldn’t decide if it was mixed enough or not… then popped on the lid and started sucking it down with her eyes bugging out.

she was stressing how it kills her appetite and gives her lots of energy so she doesn’t need to eat…. All I could think was… she’s guzzling chemicals instead of eating 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

1jFJ1wh.gif

Dear Maddie-something you take that kills you appetite and also gives you "boundless energy" is an amphetamine.  You are basically making yourself a meth smoothie. 

Edited by coconspirator
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but she seemed kind of nervous… she was talking a mile a minute and when she demonstrated how she makes her drink she tore the plastic tubes open with her teeth and sort of struggled with the first one, dumped it in the cup, tore open the next one with her teeth dumped it in, scooped some collagen…. All the while talking really fast… then she stressed using cold water because warm water will kill the active ingredients or something, she tossed in ice cubes then used a milk frother to mix it… she fiddled around with that and couldn’t decide if it was mixed enough or not… then popped on the lid and started sucking it down with her eyes bugging out.

she was stressing how it kills her appetite and gives her lots of energy so she doesn’t need to eat…. All I could think was… she’s guzzling chemicals instead of eating 🤷‍♀️

Sounds like a speed freak to me. I wonder what her blood pressure is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Sounds like a speed freak to me. I wonder what her blood pressure is.

Exactly…. I used to watch “Intervention” but I got so tired of watching them tearing open packets with their teeth, eyes bugging, sweating and looking strung out….  When Maddie tore the packets open with her teeth as she chattered and looked nervous it was like a BAD trip down memory lane.

I really hope she isn’t taking as much of that crap as she says she is. 

• Love 8

I decided to do some quick reading on Plexus. Won’t bore you all with a lengthy essay, but to summarize:

• It consists of 4 main ingredients; green (unroasted) coffee beans, chromium, Garcinia Cambogia extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
  • These ingredients have been researched separately and may have some influence on weightloss, however, proof in humans is weak at best.
  • No independent research has been done about the mixture of those 4.
  • None of the ingredients seem to be dangerous or harm your body when used in the recommended dose. But in higher doses, some like ALA may be dangerous. (But we don’t know how much ALA is in Plexus!)
  • It was noted that people who used Plexus managed to lose some weight, but they were also on a diet….

Personally, I doubt that it works. It doesn’t seem to be very dangerous if you stick to the recommended dosage. Would I give it to a kid? Definitely not! I don’t know most of the ingredients but just the fact that it contains coffee beans should be enough to not feed this to your kids.

• Love 13