Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Yes, that old thing! Thanks, TeeVee329!

That was hilarious. Because marriage is always the first thing Sonny thinks of when he's impregnated a woman. Talk about do as I say.

Oh c'mon. So it's the second thing he thinks of after ordering a hit on them.

• Love 5

I could really care less about Liz's lie destroying the happiness of the perfect couple, but seriously Liz, your son comes back from the dead and you are barely paying attention to him? Liz you're still my fave, but, lady, get your priorities straight!!!  The writing is just atrocious and without any brand of poignancy and meaning.  

• Love 11

Oh c'mon. So it's the second thing he thinks of after ordering a hit on them.

"Darn it, maybe I should have married her instead of killed her! Oh well, whattaya gonna do."

• Love 2

I'm sorry but I love Future Serial Killer Jake. He is straight-up hilarious. I wish he'd kill both Liz and Jason. Then he would truly be my fave character.

I love Laura. GF is just so interesting to watch right now imo. I'm loving what's she's doing with this kinda awful story.

Why does Sabrina's baby story have to be a WTD? WHY? It's just annoying me so much. Carlos is dead anyway. What is the fucking point?!

Seeing Spinelli get arrested made watching this show worth it.

Richard Burgi is actually sorta awful as Paul. Like he is messing up his lines left and right. I find it equal parts embarrassing and hilarious.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Why does Sabrina's baby story have to be a WTD? WHY? It's just annoying me so much. Carlos is dead anyway. What is the fucking point?!

I know. I found it especially hilarious that they were trying to put layers into this whole situation by evoking Carlos' parents. lol what the hell.

• Love 5

Richard Burgi is actually sorta awful as Paul. Like he is messing up his lines left and right. I find it equal parts embarrassing and hilarious.

What, what?  You're dissing my boy, uh... man?  He probably just has narcolepsy and the show is putting him to sleep.  It's a defense mechanism.

• Love 2

What, what?  You're dissing my boy, uh... man?  He probably just has narcolepsy and the show is putting him to sleep.  It's a defense mechanism.

I'm sure that is literally the reason. And don't get me wrong, I still love him lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I'm sorry but I love Future Serial Killer Jake. He is straight-up hilarious. I wish he'd kill both Liz and Jason. Then he would truly be my fave character.

But he's gots to stop hurting Cameron.  I feel like poor Cam is starring in "The Good Son" off-screen while Liz is obsessing over mobster peen.

• Love 9

But he's gots to stop hurting Cameron.  I feel like poor Cam is starring in "The Good Son" off-screen while Liz is obsessing over mobster peen.

It seemed kind of noticeable that Jake and Cam are the same age. 

Can New York cremate a body without consent from the family? I know "budgetary concerns" was a bs cover story, but they just found the body and haven't lined up any suspects.

• Love 1

For a second there, I thought maybe Laura got through to her on the need for therapy for that very weird child, but something tells me her hearing him say he knows Jake is his daddy will put the kibosh on that.  Because her selfishness and entitlement when it comes to Jason trumps all, including the well-being and safety of her children.  Wouldn't want little Jake spilling any secrets to a therapist!  Cameron can take a few more clunks to the head, and, if not, there's always Aidan!

Can New York cremate a body without consent from the family? I know "budgetary concerns" was a bs cover story, but they just found the body and haven't lined up any suspects.

I dunno, but I would think family would have the right of first refusal before any cremating went on.  Even that costs something, whereas if the family wants the body, they pay to get it.  It was such a lame excuse.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 4

I got curious, so I started looking:

From the web page of New York City Medical examiner: "A body also may be brought to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner if the identity of the deceased or of the next of kin is unknown. The body is retained by this office for a reasonable period of time before interment at City Cemetery or until the next of kin can be located by the Police Department and identification established and funeral arrangements made."

and New York State: “Every county medical examiner shall furnish the division promptly with copies of fingerprints on standardized eight inch by eight inch fingerprint cards, personal descriptions and other identifying data including date and place of death, of all deceased persons whose deaths are in a classification requiring inquiry  by the coroner where the deceased is not identified…"

From personal experience, I know that the cremation of a known body cannot occur unless all of the next of kin (like all siblings for a widowed mother) have signed releases. 

So, the cremation of faux Carlos was wrong wrong wrong. But this is also the show that cremated faux baby Leo. So Port Chuck obviously plays fast and loose with almost all laws. . . .  I wonder if there's a "Welcome to an Alternate Reality" sign at the PC city limits? 

• Love 4

Also lol at Jake telling Jakeson "you are my daddy, I know it" (per eavesdropping on Mom and Grandma Laura's conversation) and Liz's look of horror. His tone suggests he would like to knife Jakeson (or something similar) if he thinks Jakeson would try to leave.

I'd be completely on board with him stabbing Jakeson at this point.  

You mean this old thing!

tumblr_mwoztbYuck1qhi5j4o1_250.gif

Well, at least the forthcoming reveal will give Lizzie a pretty good excuse to get sloshed.

ETA...oooh, and with Carly as Jake(son)'s best man, perhaps we'll get an Air Kiss of Hate between Carly and Liz, like Carly and Alexis exchanged at Carly's wedding to Jax!

When it all blows up, Liz and Patrick can go get sloshed together.  

• Love 5

Not even Richard Burgi could completely sell Paul's paper-thin justification for cremating "Carlos."  He tried, but still.  On the other hand, Paul all but flipping off Sabrina and Jordan was still the next best thing in this episode behind...okay, way behind "Cam fell" (mentally accompanied by the theme from either Psycho or The Omen, pick your poison).

And since Felix (shut up, God!) indirectly reminded me, and I've missed a couple of episodes: is Sabrina completely certain her baby is Carlos's?

• Love 2

If Ron were still around I'd be bracing myself for Cam going to Spencer to "take care" of Jake, only for it to blow up on both of them since the kid is obviously indestructible. With Joss and Emma as sacrifices in the process.

I just loved Snarly's face when she heard about Michael's baby. She is so not ready to be a granny.

I mean, she already doctored medical records so Avery wouldn't be her granddaughter. #stillmyheadcanon

For a second there, I thought maybe Laura got through to her on the need for therapy for that very weird child, but something tells me her hearing him say he knows Jake is his daddy will put the kibosh on that.  Because her selfishness and entitlement when it comes to Jason trumps all, including the well-being and safety of her children.  Wouldn't want little Jake spilling any secrets to a therapist!  Cameron can take a few more clunks to the head, and, if not, there's always Aidan!

Yeah, I feel like Liz is going to do something super morally reprehensible Monday to sweep this back under the rug.

• Love 4

Not even Richard Burgi could completely sell Paul's paper-thin justification for cremating "Carlos."  He tried, but still.  On the other hand, Paul all but flipping off Sabrina and Jordan was still the next best thing in this episode behind...okay, way behind "Cam fell" (mentally accompanied by the theme from either Psycho or The Omen, pick your poison).

And while Jourdan is often hit or miss for me, I enjoyed that she didn't buy his bullshit. Paul overplayed his hand and Jordan really can't trust him. 

• Love 2

For a second there also I thought she might attempt to be an actual mother instead of a fucking psycho and go after her kid when she was in bed....but nope.  She got distracted by the holy peen and forgot about her booooooyz.  She really is the worst.

I am sorry but that engagement ring is terrible.  And I am not buying that Sam would like something that flashy and big.   I like seeing her smile, but knowing it's all going straight to hell anyway takes away from any emotional beats.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention that bedside photo....Becky looks like she is a double d.  What a weird pose.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

OMG just watched Pat's smackdown on Sonny at GH it was a damn thing of beauty!! Is this Patrick we all used to know? Is this the one that Robin fell head over heels for? Why I do think so.  And Sonny go DIAF and take your enabling loud mouth wife with you.

Other random thoughts

Loved Anna's breakdown with Kevin, holy hell FH is made of awesome. Glad Liv's dumb stupid ridiculous baby secret is out. I'm seeing movement in some stories. Other than the Sonny crap its been a rather enjoyable show. Franco and friends, meh whatever its dumb but can't build up enough strength to hate him anymore.

Now lets move on with Dante's dumb, stupid ridiculous secret and Liz's mmmkay show.

• Love 1

For a second there also I thought she might attempt to be an actual mother instead of a fucking psycho and go after her kid when she was in bed....but nope.  She got distracted by the holy peen and forgot about her booooooyz.  She really is the worst.

I am sorry but that engagement ring is terrible.  And I am not buying that Sam would like something that flashy and big.   I like seeing her smile, but knowing it's all going straight to hell anyway takes away from any emotional beats.

ETA: I can't believe I forgot to mention that bedside photo....Becky looks like she is a double d.  What a weird pose.

Oh yeah that was totally weird! I don't know if she looked like a double D so much as she was really thrusting her chest out. But I noticed it, I was like, "okey dokey, weird picture."

• Love 2

Anna shot Carlos May 15th. Sabrina and Michael had their first date May 21st.

It's absolute nonsense that they're retconning this to say that Sabrina and Carlos slept together before he died, just so they can do a WTD now. There's no need for it. There is enough story to have Sabrina carrying a Quartermain/Spencer/"Corinthos" heir and all the nonsense surrounding Sonny, that they didn't need to add to it.

I wonder if the point of the retcon is to give them an out for TeCa's mat leave, like, Sabrina leaves town in shame because the baby belongs to Carlos. Or she's going to give his mother the lovely news that while 60 year old Carlos is dead, his baby lives on!!  Which would be really dumb. Instead, they should have left Carlos out of the story. Have Sonny's enemies threaten Sabrina so she has to go into hiding for a couple of months until the threat is neutralized. That allows TeCa to go on mat leave for a couple of months. Then bring Sabrina back with padding to finish off her on screen pregnancy. It writes itself. Why do they need to make it more complicated?

• Love 7

More importantly, is there ANYONE interested in a WTD storyline? Hell there were barely some interested in a Michael/Sabrina baby and thought they should have just worked around the actress' real life pregnancy. Like I said, only other thing I can think of is the writers have this stupid idea that this will be like Michael's own story of being raised by someone who wasn't his biological father.

• Love 4

Catching up on Anna's scenes from yesterday.

Oh, poor Sloane.  He has to suffer one last indignity of being mistaken for someone else and having his ashes  taken to another country to another family.

Finola's hair grows so quickly!! Like life isn't fair quickly.

That's all I got. I mean other than I let a scene run and had to listen to Spinelli speak Spinelli-speak for about 20 seconds before I found my remote. Mute, mute, mute, mute, mute. Though, I discovered my reflexes work just fine.

More importantly, is there ANYONE interested in a WTD storyline? Hell there were barely some interested in a Michael/Sabrina baby and thought they should have just worked around the actress' real life pregnancy. Like I said, only other thing I can think of is the writers have this stupid idea that this will be like Michael's own story of being raised by someone who wasn't his biological father.

WTD is an soap theme I lost interest in an long time ago.ON GH there the worse.

• Love 5
take your enabling loud mouth wife with you

Carly has been pretty tough with Sonny, actually. She stopped Morgan from taking Sonny home when he should be in rehab. Carly enables a lot of his behavior, and she's certainly a loudmouth, but when push comes to shove, she usually doesn't let Sonny wallow too much before telling him to snap out of it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I could really care less about Liz's lie destroying the happiness of the perfect couple, but seriously Liz, your son comes back from the dead and you are barely paying attention to him? Liz you're still my fave, but, lady, get your priorities straight!!! The writing is just atrocious and without any brand of poignancy and meaning.

Somewhere in Hollywood, Guza is going, "Dang! Why didn't I think of that as a way to get rid of her?!"

Welcome to A.J.-Ville, Liz.

• Love 4

WTD is an soap theme I lost interest in an long time ago.ON GH there the worse.

Nearly all unplanned pregnancies should have gone the way of the dinosaur once the pill was invented.  I get that it's an easy thing to write, but it's usually so eye-rollingly unrealistic.  Take Highest Score Evah! Sabrina.  Two unplanned pregnancies in, what, three years?  And Patrick's even worse.

The only trope I hate more is the whole "woman intentionally gets pregnant in order to trap man into marriage proposal."  Has that worked once in real life since 1986?

• Love 2

Nearly all unplanned pregnancies should have gone the way of the dinosaur once the pill was invented.  I get that it's an easy thing to write, but it's usually so eye-rollingly unrealistic.  Take Highest Score Evah! Sabrina.  Two unplanned pregnancies in, what, three years?  And Patrick's even worse.

Hasn't Patrick only had two unplanned pregnancies over a much longer period of time than Sabrina's two in a couple years?  (And we know he used a condom for one of them, it was just defective.)  I know circumstances were that Britt's claim he was the father of her baby could have been true, but he actually wasn't.  

Hasn't Patrick only had two unplanned pregnancies over a much longer period of time than Sabrina's two in a couple years?  (And we know he used a condom for one of them, it was just defective.)  I know circumstances were that Britt's claim he was the father of her baby could have been true, but he actually wasn't.

Robin got pregnant in December of 2007 and Sabrina got pregnant in November (I'm guessing) of 2013 so it was 6 years between the two pregnancies.

• Love 3
The only trope I hate more is the whole "woman intentionally gets pregnant in order to trap man into marriage proposal."

I hate that trope because it implies the man is some helpless victim. His penis didn't just fall into the woman's vagina. He was an active participant. The woman gets blamed enough the way it is.

I don't mine an oopsie pregnancy too much—birth control does fail; people are human and forget—except it always turns out to be a WTD at the same time. We don't need both in the same story.

Just once I'd like a woman to own the pregnancy and tell the guy "Yeah, I'm pregnant. And...?" Just cut him off immediately before he can get all self-righteous about being "trapped."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Oh lord the Liz stuff is very very hard to watch. I think she may fall pretty hard after all this, at least for a while. I'm almost feeling more sorry for Patrick than Jake simply because they are pretty much each other's best friends and have been there for each other for a long ass time. But this secret does need to come out, Ironically enough my due date is around the Lake wedding so it could put me in labour at this point.

And I'm really thinking LJ is not really Jake, not sure if that's popular opinion or not. He's just really off.

• Love 13

Congratulations on your upcoming baby, @Aprilshowers! Is it a boy? Girl? Or do you want to be surprised?

Show wise, Liz needs some comeuppance. I do feel sorry more for Patrick than I do Jake and Sam (because I'm sure Sam will get her spotlight moment) because I'm thinking Liz's betrayal of him and his friendship will be all but forgotten in the upcoming melee.

• Love 8

Aprilshowers, sorry you have to watch this crap while you're pregnant. I'm surprised you haven't had to be induced yet by all these ragey, high blood pressure scenes. You're a lot stronger than most of us are. Congrats on the pregnancy!

I was happy that there would be a cute Q baby running around soon, but this possible Carlos baby is ridiculous. Seems like these new writers are just as dumb as the previous ones.

• Love 5

Hasn't Patrick only had two unplanned pregnancies over a much longer period of time than Sabrina's two in a couple years?  (And we know he used a condom for one of them, it was just defective.)  I know circumstances were that Britt's claim he was the father of her baby could have been true, but he actually wasn't.  

I was thinking more of the conduct than the results. Patrick placed himself in a situation where he could have gotten to separate women, one of whom he didn't love at all at the time and one with whom he was jut starting a relationship.

• Love 1

Carlos being the father isn't any more ridiculous than everyone ignoring the fact that she's at least 6 months pregnant

I think that is what is most frustrating. Even if there isn't even a hint of a WTD scenario the writers will create it out of thin air. It's absurd.

• Love 1

Congratulations on your upcoming baby, @Aprilshowers! Is it a boy? Girl? Or do you want to be surprised?

Show wise, Liz needs some comeuppance. I do feel sorry more for Patrick than I do Jake and Sam (because I'm sure Sam will get her spotlight moment) because I'm thinking Liz's betrayal of him and his friendship will be all but forgotten in the upcoming melee.

Liz doesn't owe Sam anything, so her betrayal of Sam isn't as bad IMO, even though she IS screwing her husband.  I think Patrick will definitely get a POV in the reveal, but I really think he MIGHT forgive Liz quicker than most.  She'll say she was doing it for him too, since he was soooo happy with Sam.  But we shall see.

Liz doesn't owe Sam anything, so her betrayal of Sam isn't as bad IMO, even though she IS screwing her husband. I think Patrick will definitely get a POV in the reveal, but I really think he MIGHT forgive Liz quicker than most. She'll say she was doing it for him too, since he was soooo happy with Sam. But we shall see.

After this, Sam will also owe Liz nothing.

I really hope that if Patrick winds up shrugging and letting it go (considering this is Teflon-after-three months Lizzie, it'll happen), it's going to be because he realized he'll never get over Robin.

Thanks WendyCR72 and twoods! We're having a boy this time around. This should take my mind off this horrible show which has indeed brought up many a rage blackout. Oh I'll probably still watch damnit...

Forgot to mention I'm also still loving Laura these days, almost wish she was the whistle blower on this Liz mess. Hope Genie sticks around for a little while this time.

Edited by Aprilshowers
  • Love 5