Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When Liez is exposed I wonder if anyone will be allowed to point out that this is the second time in three years that she's decided she knows what's best for Sam, Jason, and Danny. I wish Lucky would just take Cameron and her other forgotten kid and leave her a note saying he decided she didn't need to see her kids anymore. I wonder what she would have to say about that.

If Jax didn't do that with little corn on the cob, Lucky won't (unfortunately) do that with Cameron and Aiden. BTW I worry that one day they'll say that Aiden went to the attic to look for skis and we'll never see him again.

• Love 1

LOL, I'll sit here yet again at my table for one that he's as asexual as they come.

The twitter fighting between Logan, Ron and Nathan Varni is crazy.

Only a pang or two, I'm definitely not on board the Michael is super hot train, I am just starting to see how others can find him that way. :)

I don't think Nathan Varni is even their boss. I have no idea what his actual relationship is with GH and no one else seems to either.

• Love 1

According to IMDB, Nathan Varni is a "coordinator", and he seems to work for ABC itself, not for the show. He's listed as 'Miscellaneous Crew' for HIMYM, ANTM, and something called Listen Up. I have no idea what that entailed, but I guess its kind of like being a producer. Or something. It's a little confusing because there's really no info on him and I'm afraid of Twitter. ;-)

To me, Nathan's the guy I go to when I want to know if the show is going to be pre-empted or not. He probably doesn't have a damn thing to do with storyline.

I think Nathan's the liaison between ABC and GH.   He communicates ABC's notes and directives to Frank and delivers Frank's requests to ABC.

Basically, he's a message runner in a suit and with a six figure income.

• Love 4
(edited)

Nathan's comments are mainly in replies to other people. You have to look at his tweets and replies.  I think he's trying to keep the comments off his timeline as much as he can. 

The funny thing is that I know more than one person who was blocked merely for tweeting their criticism and hashtagging GH.  Ron trolls the GH hashtag, and then gets upset and sometimes blocks people just because he sees their negative comments!

And yes, some of the people say vitriolic things and those people deserve to be blocked.  But Ron has also blocked people who just point out plot holes. 

Someone pointed that out to Varni, after he told people to just not tag Ron if they're criticizing the show.  I've heard more than a few stories of people who he's blocked and/or ripped on because they used the GH hashtag on their posts without tagging him.  I'm guessing the network definitely wouldn't be cool with him telling viewers to stop hashtagging their shows when they discuss them. 

I don't know why the network doesn't just tell Ron that if he wants to engage in twitter wars with viewers, he needs to do it under an anonymous twitter name, while leaving his "real" account one that shows a professional, adult, executive and not a petulant spoiled child who is less mature than the 10 year old actor/character he's fixated on. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3

After jumping in to take a jab at Logan -- and then telling Logan that he's "over it"(meaning spoiling Duke's death) and to have a nice Memorial Day weekend, Nathan's been spending his weekend placating fans.  He's telling them that Carlivati has "cleaned up his act" on twitter while simultaneously cautioning fans who don't want Ron to get upset and retaliate against them to not engage him.  He's also telling disgruntled Duke and Anna fans that if only they understood ABC's reasoning, they'd be totally fine with Ron and Frank killing off Duke.  You can imagine how well that's going.

I don't understand why Ron C. or his corporate enabler still have jobs.  They (and their bosses) should be mighty embarrassed.

• Love 2

I don't know why the network doesn't just tell Ron that if he wants to engage in twitter wars with viewers, he needs to do it under an anonymous twitter name, while leaving his "real" account one that shows a professional, adult, executive and not a petulant spoiled child who is less mature than the 10 year old actor/character he's fixated on. 

Because then he'd have to make merit based arguments justifying writing decisions instead of shutting people down by reminding them that he's the Decider

• Love 1

It seems there are viewers who think the instant Jake is told he is really Jason he will automatically/instantly/miraculously remember who he is and drop into the old life he had with all his old repressed memories, etc.  I sure hope not.  Jason Stone Cold Morgan was not a wonderful character.  We really do not need him back.  I prefer Jake to Jason.  I certainly don't understand or appreciate the sentiment that Danny needs to be with his father who just happens to be a mob killer.  Yes, Jason Morgan was Sonny's enforcer.  Why would anyone wish that sort of father on a child? 

I hope he never remembers but it won't matter if he doesn't.  He will be "married" to Sam and obligated there. In PC having a Mob Hit Man Dad is icing on the Mob Cake, just ask TJ.

• Love 1

Ok, I caved and watched Friday's episode (except for the Morgan and Kiki parts and some of the Julian parts).  And I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the Anna and Carlos moments.

Can we please have Carlos stick around and be Patrick Swayze to Finola's Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost? I mean, Carlos and Anna would have to eventually get over the whole "you shot me!"/"you shot my boyfriend!" thing, and then they can settle in to a nice friendship.  Maybe even a romance like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  Carlos gets all jealous when Sloane comes over and knocks over those hospitality tea and candy bags. Emma is the only one that can see him (after he miraculously cleans up his shirt).

What? Like it's any worse that anything we're getting now!

• Love 9

Ok, I caved and watched Friday's episode (except for the Morgan and Kiki parts and some of the Julian parts). And I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the Anna and Carlos moments.

Can we please have Carlos stick around and be Patrick Swayze to Finola's Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost? I mean, Carlos and Anna would have to eventually get over the whole "you shot me!"/"you shot my boyfriend!" thing, and then they can settle in to a nice friendship. Maybe even a romance like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Carlos gets all jealous when Sloane comes over and knocks over those hospitality tea and candy bags. Emma is the only one that can see him (after he miraculously cleans up his shirt).

What? Like it's any worse that anything we're getting now!

I broke and watched Friday, too. I would be down with the above, especially the Ghost and Mrs. Muir part.

Wait a second, are we supposed to be thinking Nina is still mentally ill and Ric took advantage of that?  I was under the impression that she purposely went into the marriage to piss off Franco, but that wasn't the vibe I got today.  And weren't we specifically told Nina's money was frozen?  That's why she and Franco blackmailed themselves a place to stay.  Gawd, the stupid, it burns. 

Speaking of stupid, this Ava...oh, I'm sorry, Denise...situation...is just beyond.

Carly's slobbering over BFF Jake(son) was gross.

• Love 4

Maura West always gives her all but she had a couple of pauses where she seemed super awkward. I don't know if that was Ava hoping her ruse would work or Maura West trying to power through embarrassment. Speaking of . . . 

Speaking of stupid, this Ava...oh, I'm sorry, Denise...situation...is just beyond.

Yeah, that's my reaction too. I mean what is there to even say? Same old same old.

But then, halfway through the show the Ava scenes started to be the only scenes I actually watched, so they had that going for it at least.

Ava to Kiki: Have you ever considered a career in cosmetology?

Now they're just baiting us! 

• Love 6

weren't we specifically told Nina's money was frozen?

Franco mentioned that today, but Liesl's response is that Ric is a good but shady lawyer who can work his way around that.  My problem is that Ric came from money and has a ton of it, so why would he want to marry the crazy and have to work at getting it.  

Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I found most of today's episode hilarious funny in a ridiculously wacky way and I'm not sure if that's what they were going for or not.  I despise Sonny and am not a fan of MB but he had some good one liners at Nina.  I hate Nina and am not a fan of MSt, but she had some funny comebacks.  I also thought KeMo and RC were trying very hard to keep straight faces thruout the scenes with Ava/Denise and the sheer scenery chewing of GMc when he yelled out that Ava was under arrest made me laugh for a good ten minutes.  GMC during the first live episode was terrible, but now that he's toned it down a little and only goes for the wacky during scenes that deserve the wacky and I can tolerate it better.  

On the downside, TJ still needs to take a bunch of seats.  I'm tire of the "Mom is evil because she arrested Shawn" crap.  He's fully aware of what Shawn did, shot a woman in the head and if Mom wasn't going to arrest the criminal than someone else was going to, be it Nathan or Dante.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I broke and watched Friday, too. I would be down with the above, especially the Ghost and Mrs. Muir part.

I would totally watch that! Ghost Carlos was amazing and nobody can change my mind.

why is carly acting like jake is Jason?

Because....the irony!!! He IS Jason! But they don't know that! So it's funny!

Ava to Kiki: Have you ever considered a career in cosmetology?

Now they're just baiting us!

Kiki: a career? Is that like a job?

Kelly and Ryan's faces during the Ava....sorry Brenda stuff were amazing.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

I know I watched today's show, and yet I recall basically none of it. I did notice, however, that Shawn and Jordan are really not capable of carrying a supposedly emotional scene. That jail stuff was hard to watch, it was so bad.

• Love 1

I went downstairs to get a drink, saw Ava in a wig, talking in an awful accent with everyone standing around her dumbfounded and I said, "This fucking show..." Then I came back upstairs because I'm not wasting another second watching this train wreck. 

• Love 3
(edited)

First off, Hasselhoff jokes? Really? That shit was old ten years ago. "Germans love David Hasselhoff" was what, SNL in the 90's?)

On the downside, TJ still needs to take a bunch of seats.  I'm tire of the "Mom is evil because she arrested Shawn" crap.  He's fully aware of what Shawn did, shot a woman in the head and if Mom wasn't going to arrest the criminal than someone else was going to, be it Nathan or Dante.

Exactly, why doesn't TJ get mad at Sonny. You know, Shawn's boss who ordered him to shoot Jake, knowing full well that Shawn would most likely miss Jake andd hit someone else (has he ever hit what he aimed at?) 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 7

TJ is officially dead to me. I know a lot of people were cutting him some slack because he had a right to pissed at his mom for lying and maybe he didn't know what Shawn did, but after today he clearly knows what Shawn did (I'm ignoring that it was most likely Nik's hitman who shot Hayden because as far as Shawn and everyone else knows, it was Sean that shot her.) Instead of even having even the slightest amount of disgust that Shawn shot an unarmed woman, TJ tries to play the race card and blame Jordan solely for Shawn's predicament. Newsflash, TJ Shawn's in jail because he shot a woman. That's not your mom's doing.

And then the topper was TJ apologizing to Sonny for "what his mom did to him." What your mom did to him? You mean try to put his murdering, criminal greasy ass in jail? At this point I seriously hope Jordan just blurts out the truth about Shawn being his real dad and then rubs it in his face that Shawn choose to go to jail to protect Sonny, instead of being a father to him (I'm assuming this is what happens since SB is leaving.) Though given how TJ's reacting now, I'm guessing he'd just praise Shawn for not being a snitch, since apparently to TJ being a liar is ten million times worse than being a murderer.

Molly's kind of on my shit list as well. She didn't do much today and I know she was just trying to be a supportive girlfriend, but it pisses me off that she raked her mother over the coals for daring to be with a horrible criminal like Julian, but when she knows Shawn has shot a woman in the head she's all in to standing by his side and talking about what a good man he is.

I have to say Sloane went up in my estimation when he treated Carly like the annoying flea that she is. Carly trying to pretend like she has any weight in affecting Sloane's job title was laughable.

I hope Jordan tells Sonny where he can stick his righteous indignation when he confronts her tomorrow.

• Love 13

So now big bad Ric is taking advantage of poor, pitiful Nina? You know, the chick who had no problem drugging a pregnant woman and ripping the baby from her womb? Another fail, Ron. Fetch Part Two ain't happening either.

• Love 22

TJ is officially dead to me. I know a lot of people were cutting him some slack because he had a right to pissed at his mom for lying and maybe he didn't know what Shawn did, but after today he clearly knows what Shawn did (I'm ignoring that it was most likely Nik's hitman who shot Hayden because as far as Shawn and everyone else knows, it was Sean that shot her.) Instead of even having even the slightest amount of disgust that Shawn shot an unarmed woman, TJ tries to play the race card and blame Jordan solely for Shawn's predicament. Newsflash, TJ Shawn's in jail because he shot a woman. That's not your mom's doing.

And then the topper was TJ apologizing to Sonny for "what his mom did to him." What your mom did to him? You mean try to put his murdering, criminal greasy ass in jail? At this point I seriously hope Jordan just blurts out the truth about Shawn being his real dad and then rubs it in his face that Shawn choose to go to jail to protect Sonny, instead of being a father to him (I'm assuming this is what happens since SB is leaving.) Though given how TJ's reacting now, I'm guessing he'd just praise Shawn for not being a snitch, since apparently to TJ being a liar is ten million times worse than being a murderer.

Molly's kind of on my shit list as well. She didn't do much today and I know she was just trying to be a supportive girlfriend, but it pisses me off that she raked her mother over the coals for daring to be with a horrible criminal like Julian, but when she knows Shawn has shot a woman in the head she's all in to standing by his side and talking about what a good man he is.

I have to say Sloane went up in my estimation when he treated Carly like the annoying flea that she is. Carly trying to pretend like she has any weight in affecting Sloane's job title was laughable.

I hope Jordan tells Sonny where he can stick his righteous indignation when he confronts her tomorrow.

<Head explodes> I can't. I. Just. CAN'T.

• Love 7
(edited)

First off, Hasselhoff jokes? Really? That shit was old ten years ago. "Germans love David Hasselhoff" was what, SNL in the 90's?)\

Well these writers gush about Golden Girls like they just discovered it, and has Spencer talking about "Player", so they're actually getting more current.

So now big bad Ric is taking advantage of poor, pitiful Nina? You know, the chick who had no problem drugging a pregnant woman and ripping the baby from her womb? Another fail, Ron. Fetch Part Two ain't happening either.

I think you mean Fetch Part Five Hundred, amiga. 

Dante not witnessing stuff like Sonny telling Jordan he hopes she's proud of herself kills me.

I also thought KeMo and RC were trying very hard to keep straight faces thruout the scenes with Ava/Denise and the sheer scenery chewing of GMc when he yelled out that Ava was under arrest made me laugh for a good ten minutes.  

The girl who plays Kiki was smiling behind MW when Sloane yelled out "Ava JEROME! You're under ARREST!" For once I can't blame her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

But you know that Ric is supposed to be the "bad guy" here to further justify his position under the bus ... and, drum roll please, to give Franco a chance to be a hero. 

• Love 6

But you know that Ric is supposed to be the "bad guy" here to further justify his position under the bus ... and, drum roll please, to give Franco a chance to be a hero. 

Yes, because when I think of a hero, my mind always goes to psychotic would-be rapists slash murderers. Puuuuuke. RC needs psychiatric help.

• Love 14
(edited)

so now the Chinatown bus goes to Port Charles? And here I thought it only went to Boston and Atlantic City. Who knew PC was such a tourist mecca.

Molly, lose the pageant hair and makeup.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 4

THIS!!!!

Times ten zillion.

Shut up TJ, just shut up!

PS: I mistakenly hit the 'don't show again' thing on the ads so now whenever I come here the page goes all wonky and jumps around, sometimes disappearing completely so there's nothing but a blank screen. If anyone knows how I can take it back and let the adverts play away so I can have my PTV back I'd be much obliged :) I'm taking advantage of the few minutes it's letting me have here :D TIA

On the downside, TJ still needs to take a bunch of seats.  I'm tire of the "Mom is evil because she arrested Shawn" crap.  He's fully aware of what Shawn did, shot a woman in the head and if Mom wasn't going to arrest the criminal than someone else was going to, be it Nathan or Dante.  

I wanted to punch him when he apologized to Sonny -- TO SONNY! -- for what Jordan did to him.  As far as I'm concerned, T.J. is just as bad as the rest of the mob worshippers.

• Love 9
(edited)

I didn't watch today.  Have no plans to watch today.  And I'm going to assume that the part of the wise-cracking, gum-smacking, tell-it-like-it-is Connie is now being played by Maura West?  Just with a different name.

First off, Hasselhoff jokes? Really? That shit was old ten years ago. "Germans love David Hasselhoff" was what, SNL in the 90's?)

Yeah, that was Norm McDonald on SNL from about the mid-1990s.He also was hi-lar-i-ous [where's that sarcasm button] with his O.J. Simpson committed double homicide and got away with it wisecracks.

Well, that was an hour I won't get back.

Not fair! That's already an official GH slogan tee-shirt.  It's also on sweatshirts, bumper stickers, and mugs.  It's a hot seller.

Yes, because when I think of a hero, my mind always goes to psychotic would-be rapists slash murderers.

I think of him as a sexual assailant instead of a would-be rapist.  Because drugging a woman, stripping her naked, and laying on top of her is a horrendous act in and of itself, and no one who does that should ever get to hide behind a "would-be" label.  Sorry for being a buzzkill about that, but it's too important of a social wrong to me to take lightly or be dismissive regarding.

I would totally watch that! Ghost Carlos was amazing and nobody can change my mind.

The Ghost and Special Agent Devane.  I'm on that!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

In order for Jordan to truly bond with Sonny after this betrayal, she has to ask him to shoot her in the head or the chest.

It's not complete unless he throws glass barware at her while screaming she is a bitchslutwhoretramp and then locks her out of his place while she cries for him wearing a wedding dress.

• Love 6

Have no plans to watch today

There are some (unintentionally??) funny parts, in a 'the fondue melted off his face mask' sort of way.  

And I'm going to assume that the part of the wise-cracking, gum-smacking, tell-it-like-it-is Connie is now being played by Maura West?  Just with a different name.

She's Denise Denucci, an esthetician from (Queens? the Bronx?  I didn't catch it).  Who saw a story in the Post about Ava and had to show up (how many months later) to figure out why they look so much alike.  

It's not complete unless he throws glass barware at her while screaming she is a bitchslutwhoretramp and then locks her out of his place while she cries for him wearing a wedding dress.

And don't forget, throw wads of money in her face, as she kneels in front of him and begs his forgiveness.  

• Love 1

why is carly acting like jake is Jason?

Because she's an obsessive idiot.

In order for Jordan to truly bond with Sonny after this betrayal, she has to ask him to shoot her in the head or the chest.

Eh, she's not his wife or his kid. It wouldn't be as meaningful to him.

• Love 3

Oh, Hell No, to any one on this show being from, my home borough Queens, in any way.

Don't turn this personal, Ron!

It was personal as soon as they decided Sonny grew up in Bensonhurst and then created a whole backstory and brought in all his friends. I deeply resent anyone on this show being from my neighborhood! :)

• Love 3

She's Denise Denucci, an esthetician from (Queens? the Bronx?  I didn't catch it).  Who saw a story in the Post about Ava and had to show up (how many months later) to figure out why they look so much alike.  

That's Queens if I ever saw it. There's a reason I've lived in NY eight years and haven't been back there in seven.

Also, that's the worst thing I've ever heard.

• Love 3
(edited)
She's Denise Denucci, an esthetician from (Queens? the Bronx?  I didn't catch it).  Who saw a story in the Post about Ava and had to show up (how many months later) to figure out why they look so much alike.

Seriously? Poor Maura West. I feel extremely sorry for her that this is her current story line.

Good lord. This is so, so bad.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Seriously? Poor Maura West. I feel extremely sorry for her that this is her current story line.

I didn't watch ATWT (although my late grandmother was a devoted CBS soaps fan), but I read SOD and the like back in the day. And this sounds like a ripoff of some storyline done with Lily and another character named Rose. Good to know RC hasn't a shred of originality.

Since Maura West was on ATWT as, ironically, a harpy named Carly, maybe she gave Ron the idea.

But at the same time, is this better, being able to ham it up as much as one can with a roomfull of other people, than sitting in  a hospital bed, in  a non descript room, looking like death, with only ME as her scene partner?  She might be grateful to get the heck out of that storyline (and I use the word "story" very loosely)

• Love 2

I've only seen a few minutes of today so far, but I'm pretty sure that whoever she claims to be she's still Ava.

That being said, if Jean Passanante really is back on staff (or if Ron simply doubles down), "Denise" could become real fast.

• Love 3

I was a TJ hold out. I let go today. Even before he made it a race thing, and certainty before he apologized to Sonny. I'm sickened just typing TJ did that crap.

Where's MWOP when we need him?!

• Love 10

TJ lost his damn mind today. Completely lost it and the apology to Sonny? Thee Hell? If it weren't so many black people on today (3), I would have thought Guza wrote those scenes. 

• Love 11

Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I found most of today's episode hilarious funny in a ridiculously wacky way and I'm not sure if that's what they were going for or not.  I despise Sonny and am not a fan of MB but he had some good one liners at Nina.  I hate Nina and am not a fan of MSt, but she had some funny comebacks.  I also thought KeMo and RC were trying very hard to keep straight faces thruout the scenes with Ava/Denise and the sheer scenery chewing of GMc when he yelled out that Ava was under arrest made me laugh for a good ten minutes.  GMC during the first live episode was terrible, but now that he's toned it down a little and only goes for the wacky during scenes that deserve the wacky and I can tolerate it better. 

This. All of this. With the exception of the TJ and Shawn/Jordan scenes I straight-up loved this episode. It was funny as hell!

The girl who plays Kiki was smiling behind MW when Sloane yelled out "Ava JEROME! You're under ARREST!" For once I can't blame her.

I think she was biting her lip to keep herself from laughing. It was so hilarious.

Molly, lose the pageant hair and makeup.

She looked so awful today. That hair and those nails, egads. She looked like a mini DeniseAva.

Speaking of looks, Carly looked amazing today. Ric, on the other hand, looked awful. Poor RiHe. He deserves better.

I can't watch RoHo anymore. Like MW acting a fool is fun, but RoHo just infuriates and embarrasses me.

Nina/MS alternates between amusing me and making me very uncomfortable.

• Love 1

If it weren't so many black people on today (3), I would have thought Guza wrote those scenes. 

Don't worry, they just fired one!

• Love 1

What did Maura do to deserve this shit? Did she deficate on Walt Disney's grave and then set fire to the original print of Steamboat Mickey?!?

I am anxious to read what @tvgoddess has to say about "Denis D'anucci".

I wasn't watching ATWT when the story @WendyCR72 is talking about was going on; when I started watching Rose had literally just been killed by Will. But from what I remember characters on the show talking about Rose, I think either Lily pretended to be Rose and then the real Rose showed up, or the real Rose left and then Lily pretended to be her.

Do we have ATWT viewers that remember this story?

Oh, one last thing: SHUT THE FLYING FIGGITY FUCK UP, TJ!!!

• Love 1