Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The last scene cut off for me, though.  It wasn't just the previews.  It was cut off mid-scene, so I missed more than the previews.  Brad and Lucas were talking and then it was interrupted, so did something happen or did they just walk out....   Thanks for the previews though.  :)

They kissed in the hallway of the hospital. The Nathan/Maxie/spin scene was the tag. Sonny asked Carly to stay over. It really was just like two seconds, you didn't miss anything important.

• Love 1
Kiki's no groupie. She just wants her sis to have the kind of Father/Daughter relationship that she never got to have with Silas #values

Oh girl, no.  That's not at all what's going on in the dialogue or on-screen.

Ron is probably tired of blocking people, so he's outsourcing his tweets for a while.

• Love 3

Next time Michael brings up Joss I NEED it to be in the form of asking Carly when the last time she saw her was... And why not throw in how she's a little kid with a boy who she's friends with is in the hospital (if Johnny can randomly know stuff so can MWOP! [Re: Spencer]...man Johnny would love knowing about MWOP.)

I can't believe the writers didn't jump on some "cute" joke about Sonny and Get Out of Jail Free cards. I mean I'm relieved but surprised.

When Morgan asked Kiki to "help him" order pizza, my mother and I both laughed/commented that he can't even order pizza on his own. It also drove her crazy that Rocco was chewing on that non-binky toy, and got worse after Maxie made the comment in the hospital about watching Georgie and toys more carefully; I feel a need to share that.

I will always appreciate Lulu defying the Stepmom/MomInLaw stereo type relationships and even better today that she said she'll take all the mothering she can get.

ETA: I need to never ever discuss GH during Person Of Interest commercial breaks ever again. It's too much good writing, defined/interesting characters, actually valuing human life, versus... Ron's World right in my face.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

Brad/Lucas were hot and sexy as usual. They never get enough screen time to me. They were only on for a few minutes.

As has become habit when it comes to these two, I'm torn.  Yes, Brad and Lucas were hot and sexy, cute and flirty today.  But that's not a story.  Ron seems to think as long as he shows them being schmoopy and shirtless every few weeks, it's all good.  It's not.  That's not treating them equally.

But maybe story's coming for Lucas with regards to baby Georgie.  Because no way do I believe she has a simple flu.

• Love 3

I'd be wary of Ron giving them a story (as I am with most characters). He'll probably take Brad to his blackmailing-for-sex roots or something.

I will always appreciate Lulu defying the Stepmom/MomInLaw stereo type relationships and even better today that she said she'll take all the mothering she can get.

Lulu actually has a lot of good female relationships. Just, sadly enough, not with her own mom. (or at least, we never get to see her with her mom).

Kiki's no groupie. She just wants her sis to have the kind of Father/Daughter relationship that she never got to have with Silas #values

Well, I gotta appreciate how she seems offended at people calling Kiki a Sonny asskisser, heh.

Sorry for the random empty quote box at the end of the post, I can't get rid of it without copying and deleting my whole post.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
Ron seems to think as long as he shows them being schmoopy and shirtless every few weeks, it's all good.  It's not.  That's not treating them equally.

Nina and Franco don't have much more of a story, and they're schmoopy—in their own twisted, weirdo way.

But Georgie definitely has more than the flu. Ron has to force together Maxie and Spin somehow.

• Love 1

Spinelli is such a crustacean.  Underneath his oh-so-quaint way of speaking, the guy is nothing but a bottom feeder.  Ellie didn't tell him he was still in love with Maxie, she told him to get out because he was leaving slug stains on the carpet.  It's useless to even try to hurt him.   He's like Gumby - he'll just bend into any shape, except human, that is.  I really do think he's worse than Dunkelman.  

The previews were interesting, weren't they?  We see Duke threatening Julian with a mob war.  So how exactly would Duke fight a mob war?  Would he fling haggis at them?  Play "Afternoon Delight" on the bagpipes?  Do a Highland Fling in his kilt, sans undergarments, thereby causing immediate blindness in the Jerome crime family as they claw their eyes out?

Inquiring mind don't give a shit.

This is Julian we're talking about, he'll be fine with seeing underneath Duke's kilt, he's hip and with it. He'll probably take to wearing turtlenecks and kilts himself.

Carlos might freak out though, not because he really cares but just because he can. 

You two are cracking me up! All I can picture now is Duke, Julian and Carlos doing their version of a dance off, only it involves who's the biggest diva. Kilt and prissy hair- check, turtleneck and testosterone- check, hair of wwwwonder- check! heh!

Boes your descriptions of Spinelli always slay me....spot on!

• Love 5

I think MB looks awesome with his beard. He still drives me nuts with his stuttering & stammering but at least he looks good. nuKiki isn't bad but why is she blonde? We already have LuLu and Maxie and now we have nuKiki. At least, she'll be a foot taller than them. Michael bring Avery home would have had more impact if Monica was there. I don't know if it's Leslie Charlston, TPTB or RC who don't want Monica there but GH & Tracy need a Monica. IMO!!

Did I miss something last week?  I thought Julian wanted out of the mob to be with Alexis and now he can be with Fluke exposed.

He's back in.  As much as loves Alexis, now that Carlos is back in his life he just can't let him go.

Love is a many splendored thing here in Port Charles.  Julian is a tugboat of love.

• Love 7

Wait, Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos got out of jail too?

Of all the lame reasons to get out of prison his was the lamest. He was released due to "lack of evidence" I guess since Ava's body was never found, but I think it might really have been crooked McSloane who let him out.

• Love 1

Sigh, a part of me wants to just walk away and stop posting because I feel like I'm the only one who sees the show this way here because I'm a lone voice in this ocean, but I see non-posters liking my positive posts and for them I will try to continue to share what I see for as long as I can but it's hard.  So for others who do enjoy the show too, even just parts of it... come out, speak, share what you like so that some of the positivity can be spread not just by the very few.

ICGS - I agree with you about everything in this post but the Nina/Franco stuff. Can't stand the characters or the actors in these roles (can't speak to how they were in other soaps). So the writing/storyline does nothing for me. I watched for a moment only because I enjoy whatever contempt Dante will show toward NotTodd!Franco.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

nuKiki isn't bad but why is she blonde? We already have LuLu and Maxie and now we have nuKiki. At least, she'll be a foot taller than them.

I just saw a pic of Hayley and KA side by side. They look the same height. It's weird.

Yep, I think they said he made bail. Currently, I don't think anyone is locked up at all.

• Love 2

I am grateful that Sonny and co. played Monopoly. Can you imagine how epic it would have been if they played Scrabble? Poor moron Morgan would be whispering to Kiki, "How do you spell kitten".

• Love 8

Carly will never cut Sonny completely out of her life, I think, because he's the one who made sure she kept Michael. And she still thinks he gives her influence. But I do think she's acting a bit OOC with all this Michael stuff. Like you wrote, ulkis, the writing has been shoddy (shocker) and skipped over some beats. But Carly should be a lot more anguished about Michael than angry. She should be actively trying to broker peace between Sonny and Michael, not berating him for not forgiving Sonny for murdering his father.

I really think Carly mostly stood by because Michael has lost a lot of his value in her life. She's not powerful as his mother because he wants nothing to do with her, she can't use Michael to manipulate Jason these days into doing what she wants. What little power she has at the moment is staying by Sonny's side. She wants Michael to just get over her part in the cover-up of AJ's murder. Yes, she wants Michael in her life, but on her terms. Because she's so delusional and sees herself and Sonny as being in the right, she's angry at Michael instead of feeling anguished. 

• Love 12

I actually have been saying all along it is her projection of her feelings about being kept from her own father that are motivating Kiki. I actually think she said it when she was talking to Franco before KA left. So to me HE is not pulling things out her ass. I truely do get that motivation from what I know of Kiki and what has been shown.

• Love 1

I just saw the picture of Haley & Kristen Alderson, too. For some reason, I thought Haley was so much taller. Today, she was standing next to Morgan and was at his shoulders and I could have sworn KA was a lot shorter. I guess my tv is playing tricks on me. That said, it's nice to see KA tweeting the picture. she really does seem like a nice person....even though she drove me nuts in the acting department.

• Love 1

ICGS, you're not totally alone. I've been saying for at least a week that I suspect the show is intentionally making Sonny (and Carly) look even worse than usual, and possibly setting Michael up to be the hero. And I've been loving it (as have a lot of others!).

Franco and Nina, on the other hand... Actually, I have long been a RoHo fan, and I might be willing to tolerate his stuff with Nina if a) they had never been in Luke's orbit, because he's making everything and everyone terrible, and b) if they were getting less air time- some days it seems like they take up half the show, and I get tired of them before I can develop any real interest.

• Love 5

I actually have been saying all along it is her projection of her feelings about being kept from her own father that are motivating Kiki. I actually think she said it when she was talking to Franco before KA left. So to me HE is not pulling things out her ass. I truely do get that motivation from what I know of Kiki and what has been shown.

Yes but it makes her look bad and like a moron and a hypocrite who is she to judge Micheal when she's fine setting someone who tried to kill her mother raise her sister and she calls Michael bad and "doesn't know him" when MORGAN pointed Sonny in Ava's Directon. Plus Kiki is one of the reasons Micheal is pissed off cause you know it's perfectly okay to cover up one father killing Bio Father cause you "Love" Him! Bless HE she's playing a pathetic stupid brother hopping moocher

• Love 4

Which would totally work if Kiki didn't know for a fact that Sonny wanted to murder her mother - that he held her hostage and intended to kill her as soon as Avery was born.

I think Kiki is siding with Morgan so Sabrina can be shoehorned into this story not because there's any rational reason for Kiki to side with Sonny

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

Notice NuKiki still has no friends, job or personality?

In all fairness, she's only been on the show for what - a week now?  Although I agree that these sort of character-defining things should have been established for her long beforehand.

Carly I the worst.mother.ever.  She makes Cersei Lannister look like Mother Teresea.  Someone mess with Cersei's children she KILLS THEM; Carly?  Someone overtly threatens her first born, what does she do?  SHE FUCKS HIM.  Mother of the Year material, no?

Carly's children have never been anything to her but meal tickets.  Liz called that on Carly and it remains true to this day.

"You're a good father" - I stand corrected. That's what it was. STFU, Carly.

It was Carly having to tell Sonny how an even marginally good father reacts when his doofus son tries to cheer him up in a hamfisted but still heartfelt way.  Because Sonny is such an awesome wonderful father.

ICGS, you're not totally alone. I've been saying for at least a week that I suspect the show is intentionally making Sonny (and Carly) look even worse than usual, and possibly setting Michael up to be the hero.

I think many posters here lived through the years when Guza took pleasure in crushing even the slightest bits of hope that fan's had that A.J. might prevail, even slightly, against the all-powerful Sonny.  He has trained us well - we see Michael being awesome, and, while we thrill to it, we at the same time resignedly wait for the other show to drop so that Sonny could claim his inevitable shitty victory - because, under Guza, it always did.  Hopefully it will be different this time under RC, but you can't blame someone for bracing for the worst when the worst has happened so often.

• Love 10

Did I miss something last week?  I thought Julian wanted out of the mob to be with Alexis and now he can be with Fluke exposed.

Carlos convinced him to go back in for  . . . reasons. I forget. So Julian told Sonny last week their truce was over and to get ready because he was gonna come for him. And now Sloane has blackmailed Jason into working undercover to join and bring down the Jeromes so now Sonny and Juliet are gonna be in opposite mobs.

Sonny, Duke, and Shawn v Julian, Carlos, and NuJason. Why not just add some West Side Story dancers in the background for that special touch of authenticity.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Which would totally work if Kiki didn't know for a fact that Sonny wanted to murder her mother - that he held her hostage and intended to kill her as soon as Avery was born.

I think Kiki is siding with Morgan so Sabrina can be shoehorned into this story not because there's any rational reason for Kiki to side with Sonny

Except Kiki knows her mother has also used her multiple times and is a murder too. Plus she knows Sonny tried to save her mother. But in the end IF she knew her mother was alive she wouldn't side with Sonny at all. She would chose her mother first, but if her mother isn't alive then Avery's father is who Kiki feels should raise her b/c her mother didn't give her that choice as a child and I think Kiki resents that a little.

Edited by Cattitude

How many times has Sonny made ominous overtures to Michael?  Two? Three now?  All in front of Carly. 

Her ass STILL can't think to do anything to help her child. Even when "You're a good father" is so bold and uncaring as to threaten her kid right in front of her.

Not one damn word.

Carly's always put Sonny ahead of her kids. She's never cared really about their safety.

• Love 9

I really think Carly mostly stood by because Michael has lost a lot of his value in her life. She's not powerful as his mother because he wants nothing to do with her, she can't use Michael to manipulate Jason these days into doing what she wants. What little power she has at the moment is staying by Sonny's side. She wants Michael to just get over her part in the cover-up of AJ's murder. Yes, she wants Michael in her life, but on her terms. Because she's so delusional and sees herself and Sonny as being in the right, she's angry at Michael instead of feeling anguished. 

That's true. I do think a big part of Carly's love for Michael is the connection to Jason.

• Love 3

Sonny, Duke, and Shawn v Julian, Carlos, and NuJason. Why not just add some West Side Story dancers in the background for that special touch of authenticity.

This is a great idea!

I can hear it now, Duke's solo number, before the big mob war begins....

I just met a goon named Corinthos

And suddenly that name

Will never be the same

To me

Corinthos

I just killed for a goon named Corinthos

And suddenly I found

How wonderful a sound

Can be

Corinthos

Say it loud and there's music playing

Say it soft and it's almost like praying

Corinthos,

I'll never stop saying

Corinthos

Corinthos, Corinthos,

Corinthos, Corinthos, Corinthos, Corinthos, Corinthos, Corinthos

With Morgan singing back up.  It would be a Broadway Smash.  The Mob War Mash.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

Of all the lame reasons to get out of prison his was the lamest. He was released due to "lack of evidence" I guess since Ava's body was never found, but I think it might really have been crooked McSloane who let him out.

I think Carlos is out on bail.

I am grateful that Sonny and co. played Monopoly. Can you imagine how epic it would have been if they played Scrabble? Poor moron Morgan would be whispering to Kiki, "How do you spell kitten".

Kitten is way too advanced. Morgan would ask Kiki how to spell "car".

Carlos convinced him to go back in for  . . . reasons. I forget. So Julian told Sonny last week their truce was over and to get ready because he was gonna come for him. And now Sloane has blackmailed Jason into working undercover to join and bring down the Jeromes so now Sonny and Juliet are gonna be in opposite mobs.

And how did Sloane know Julian was revving up the family business again? Didn't Julian decide to get back in the same day Sloane hired/blackmailed Jake into being his mole?

• Love 2

I think many posters here lived through the years when Guza took pleasure in crushing even the slightest bits of hope that fan's had that A.J. might prevail, even slightly, against the all-powerful Sonny.  He has trained us well - we see Michael being awesome, and, while we thrill to it, we at the same time resignedly wait for the other show to drop so that Sonny could claim his inevitable shitty victory - because, under Guza, it always did.  Hopefully it will be different this time under RC, but you can't blame someone for bracing for the worst when the worst has happened so often.

These are all the feelings I am feeling.  I full out stopped watching GH for years. But Michael he has brought me back in. I am just waiting for it to go to hell and I can have my 35 minutes back.

Edited by NewRadical
  • Love 5

Agreed. This (lack of characterization in the writing) is the real problem, to me. Silas and Franco also suffer from it, too. 

I think Franco may be the one of their creations that has a personality (although I guess technically he is not their creation). It is just a horrific one.

QUESTION: Is this new Rocco a full on recast, or was this a case of the usual babies not being available, so they grabbed a tot from Central Casting?

Pretty sure it's a recast, but I could be wrong. I'm not too bothered by the age difference between Georgie and Rocco right now as I usually would be because I think whenever they stop using Harper they will match up the ages again.

• Love 3

Spinelli is such a crustacean.  Underneath his oh-so-quaint way of speaking, the guy is nothing but a bottom feeder.  Ellie didn't tell him he was still in love with Maxie, she told him to get out because he was leaving slug stains on the carpet.  It's useless to even try to hurt him.   He's like Gumby - he'll just bend into any shape, except human, that is.  I really do think he's worse than Dunkelman.

Comic gold! And masterful character and personality insights! You can write, Boes!

• Love 3

Sigh, a part of me wants to just walk away and stop posting because I feel like I'm the only one who sees the show this way here because I'm a lone voice in this ocean, but I see non-posters liking my positive posts and for them I will try to continue to share what I see for as long as I can but it's hard. So for others who do enjoy the show too, even just parts of it... come out, speak, share what you like so that some of the positivity can be spread not just by the very few.

Don't stop!!!!

I'll admit, initially I thought you were wonderful at writing sarcasm until I realized you truly enjoy the show. It's nice to see that some can enjoy a majority of this show. It gives me hope.

It's nice to see different opinions as long as we can agree that "Sonny ruins everything" and that shoe and rock will always be awesome.

• Love 11

I second what @BestestAuntEver said, . Now, I freely admit I think the show is just above cow dung, but that's just my opinion. Sure, maybe others have a similar one, but this board exists for everyone to express their opinions, even if it may not be "popular". I think it comes down to respect. As long as everyone can respect the opposing sides of an issue, everything is A-OK.

It's why this place exists!

And I do realize that swimming against the tide can be discouraging, but it also lends to a bit of diversity, and there's nothing wrong with that!

• Love 13

How can TPTB honestly think Carly/Sonny/Morgan/Kiki don't come off disgusting as hell? I mean it boggles my mind that they're writing them this way when it's obvious to me that we're supposed to root for them. It's just, I feel like Morgan trying to decipher a simple addition problem right now.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think Ron might be on to something here. I think he is writing this so that the legion of Sonny fans who populated Facebook and other places, and who seem to have the ears of  The REAL Powers that Be for years and years now are kept happy thinking that Sonny is the hero, while in the meantime those of us who hate Sonny are also getting the awesome MWOP. This is as many layers as I have ever seen Ron write, and while like much of his work it is rushed (and I am no longer sure if that is Ron's fault or the short attention span of today's generation) it is better then most anything else he has written in a long time

I am getting the same vibe from Maxie-Nathan-Spin, while the vocal Spixe fans can cheer for the little weasel, others can cheer on Nathan, Would I have preferred Ron to play this in classic soap fashion using Johnny as the third leg in order to do the Good Boy-Bad Boy-Torn Girl rift that goes all the way back though Scotty-Luke-Laura and Jason Q-Jagger-Karen (and maybe longer)  ? You bet but as long as this stays layered (which is hard with RP's limited acting skills and the unfortunate continuance of ditzy Maxie that KSt has to play) then it may not be too bad

• Love 9

I want, nay need a Jordan/Jake hookup. I have reasons.

Because Jordan is Keshia Ward, having had to change her name in for her under cover operations? And then we get TJ as A.J.'s and Jason back with his first love?

I'm there for this no matter how tortuous the Jordan recon

• Love 8

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening. I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes. Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis. I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away. When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely. But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying. So again, I call out to those people who do fitnd anything positive about the show and join me in posting. It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

First, let me say that while I rarely agree with your posts, I find them very insightful and I love that you and a few others are going against the grain because it stops the board from sounding like a Borg collective. Like with cattitude supporting Sonny, its great that we get to have debates and conversations. And in all fairness, I don't think any two posters' interests are 100% aligned. There are quite a few posters that I agree with probably 95% of what they post, but occasionally they'll make a comment that I vehemently disagree with it.

All that said, I don't think the overall tone of the board is negative at all; I think the tone of the board is hilarity. I had to stop reading the board in public because I was laughing so hard and getting strange looks from people.

ABC needs to do an aftershow with a rotating panel of posters from this board. I couldnt be on itt because I'd curse like an mf'er and probably throw things when Spinelli was on an episode. But I'd watch the hell out of it!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 17
Crappy episode except for Brad and Lucas.

Actor playing Lucas is way hotter than Brad.  I don't see awesome chemistry there.  The only bad thing about this Michael story is that at the center ring of this circus, is the Corinthos family, the most pathetic soap opera family ever with some of the worst acting on display during this episode.  They should adopt Spinelli as their pet.  At least Nina and Franco are in the ridiculous realm.  Ridiculous as in - why are they on this soap opera?  Both actors are more bearable to watch than Maurice Bernard - but not by much.  Way to let the baby crying RUIN the Tracy/Michael scene - idiot in editing!   Don't even get me started about all of the money WASTED on the continuation with the mob war actors that were brought in and the time and energy spent on the Corinthos Family Hour.  I had to do a wait a few seconds for my brain to recognize Felicia Jones.  It must suck to be a veteran actor on this show - trotted out a couple of times a year.  There are WAY TOO MANY actors on this show.  Please kill the mob crap already.  I am sick of watching this celebration of violence.  If the writers can't figure out how to use the hospital, then please take a look at some episodes of Gray's Anatomy or ER.   YMMV.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.  Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis.    I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away.   When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely.  But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying.  So again, I call out to those people who do find anything positive about the show and join me in posting.  It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

ICGS, I've responded to you before, and I must concur with Tiger that we (the general "we") aren't so much negative as we are poking fun at the show. I, for one, find your posts refreshing, particularly since I find very little I genuinely enjoy about GH these days. If I seem to springboard into snark a little too readily, its because there is so very much to snark at, IMO. I don't think anyone wants to run you off, and I have been very much enjoying reading your positive interpretation fo what's going on right now.

• Love 12

I don't see Avery thinking her parents are cool for killing Michael's father not to mention how Avery was conceived.  I mean that still stings my eyes.  I think Avery will be mortified, frankly.

Assuming for the moment Sonny is her father, I think Avery might have one of, if not the most messed up family dynamics in Port Charles.  Her sister and her brother Morgan were married until her sister dumped brother Morgan for her other brother Michael.  In response to that, brother Morgan hooked up with her mother and was a possible candidate to be her father.  Her mother cheated on her brother with her father.  Avery is going to need therapy.

How can TPTB honestly think Carly/Sonny/Morgan/Kiki don't come off disgusting as hell? I mean it boggles my mind that they're writing them this way when it's obvious to me that we're supposed to root for them.

It is a little puzzling.  I do feel like I am supposed to think Michael's the bad guy and the rest of the Corinthos clan is awesome but everything Michael says is true.  No one can refute what he says; all they can come back with is "Sonny loves his children".  So the dialogue supports Michael but to me, the tone of the scenes and the characters' reaction says that Michael is wrong.  It's weird.

• Love 8

Assuming for the moment Sonny is her father, I think Avery might have one of, if not the most messed up family dynamics in Port Charles. Her sister and her brother Morgan were married until her sister dumped brother Morgan for her other brother Michael. In response to that, brother Morgan hooked up with her mother and was a possible candidate to be her father. Her mother cheated on her brother with her father. Avery is going to need therapy.

Don't forget "Conceived in a crypt"; that alone has to qualify for some sessions. They need to change her paternity just because of that. Yeah she may win the award for strangest family dynamic. Maybe when she's older she can take a little comfort in Big Brother Dante living with the fact that his wife and mom share an ex boyfriend... Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
man Johnny would love knowing about MWOP.)

I'm sure he knows.  He's probably already had his goons order up a lovely baby gift to be delivered to the Q mansion. 

Is there somewhere I can place money on "Morgan tries to join mob war, shoots self in foot"?  Because I'm feeling lucky. 

• Love 6

I've never really given Kirsten Storms a lot of credit for her acting but maybe I should, because when she's with Harper she totally stops acting and she's Kirsten. I kind of gave her a backwards compliment there, but yeah it's really distracting for me honestly.

It's very distracting to me too and I really wish they hadn't recast with Harper. It takes me out of scenes. Although honestly that might be a good thing!

I'd be wary of Ron giving them a story (as I am with most characters). He'll probably take Brad to his blackmailing-for-sex roots or something.

This. Honestly I'm fine with how they're using Lucas/Brad right now. If they every got more it would suck, I guarantee it.

Well, I gotta appreciate how she seems offended at people calling Kiki a Sonny asskisser, heh.

LOL! Good point. Her resoning is dumb and not supported on screen IMO, but at least she wants people to know she's offended at Kiki being called a Sonny propper.

You know what, I think they should show the Corinthos Clan playing a board game every week. It would be funny as hell and since obviously we will never be rid of them at least it's something with them I could actually enjoy.

I think many posters here lived through the years when Guza took pleasure in crushing even the slightest bits of hope that fan's had that A.J. might prevail, even slightly, against the all-powerful Sonny. He has trained us well - we see Michael being awesome, and, while we thrill to it, we at the same time resignedly wait for the other show to drop so that Sonny could claim his inevitable shitty victory - because, under Guza, it always did. Hopefully it will be different this time under RC, but you can't blame someone for bracing for the worst when the worst has happened so often.

This. This so hard. I have PTSD, man. And I will not let them get my hopes up again only for what I always knew to be true (Sonny will always win) to be true yet again.

All that said, I don't think the overall tone of the board is negative at all; I think the tone of the board is hilarity. I had to stop reading the board in public because I was laughing so hard and getting strange looks from people.

Also this. So much this. This board is the sole reason I still watch honestly. It's so much fun and everyone is so smart, insightful, and most importantly, hilarious. Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Cabbage Patch son of hers, Morgan.  No doubt at all whose kid he is.

OK, I can't lie--this made my morning tea shoot thru my nose {and dammit, it was hot!}  Morgan is now Cabbage to me, how appropriate!  thanx!

Carlos today?!?! {fans self}--will he  be doing  an interpretive dance of joy, menace or macho?  Don't care as long as his eyes are twinkling!

• Love 3

So agree with this.  As I've said before, I tend to comment on the things I don't like because that leads to funnier, snarkier writing. 

And maybe I don't say it enough, but I obviously don't hate with a fiery passion every single thing about this show.  Because otherwise, why watch at all?  I'm not a masochist (hey, stop laughing!).

• Love 9

I really loved the scenes of Michael, Tracy and Avery, but I was nervous as well. I kept thinking, 'When is Luke going to burst in?' So sad because I think this is what is going to tip the 'scales of justice' (blech) back to Sonny's side.

• Love 4