Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Just how many bedrooms does  that Quartermaine mansion HAVE?

As many as the writers want? I'd go with at least 5. 

I can't say this enough, but I really love the relationship between Drew and Monica, be it real Monica or replacement Monica

It's a manision, so I would say more than five. At their fullest, it house the Edward, Lila, Alan, Monica, Tracey, Dillon, AJ, Jason, Emily and whatever various people that they picked up to house e.g. Brenda, Lulu

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't mind [Monica] being somewhat caution after what happened with Pierce Dorman, but not have her be completely unbelieving.

Monica does believe Lauren, but because of Monica's past with Pierce Dornan, the hospital seems to have limited her ability to take action in sexual-harassment cases. She said she'd do her best to keep Lauren and Bensch apart at work.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

As many as the writers want? I'd go with at least 5. 

There's also the gatehouse, which seems to be ignored because Frank is too cheap to resurrect that set.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's also the gatehouse, which seems to be ignored because Frank is too cheap to resurrect that set.

That's where I thought Drew would move because it just made more sense.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

It had separate wings in the 80s so it's gotta be like 8 or 10 at least ?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree, but at least in the house itself it means we might see more of him with Monica.

I hope it means we see more of him with Danny and Scout. He can essentially be a single parent to his daughter and the nephew he still loves as a son, since Jason's priorities do not seem to include daily interaction with Jake and Danny, and Sam's priorities do not seem to include daily interaction with Danny and Scout. I think Danny was more comfortable with Drew anyway. If Jason says "you're his uncle, not his father" Drew can simply reply, "That wasn't a problem for you while Michael was growing up and you were involved in keeping him away from AJ. Hypocrisy is not an attractive quality, brother."

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Box305 said:

It had separate wings in the 80s so it's gotta be like 8 or 10 at least

Edward and Lila's rooms are free (I think they each had their own bedroom), Emily's room, AJ's, Jason's, Tracy's, Dillon's. There's more than enough room there for what's left of the dwindling Q clan.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But AJ gave up his parental rights under duress, or rather, he was coerced. And that, for me, and even under the law (normally and if it hadn’t been AJ, they would have been believed if they contested it), if that parent came forth and said they didn’t give up the rights of their own free will. So that adoption is illegal.

AJ would not have done that because then he would have to explain how Sonny made him sign the paperwork. While I despise Sonny and hate just about everything about him he seemed to love Michael for Micheal. AJ was not anywhere close to a good person. It was all about him fathering the next Quartermaine and getting in Edward's good books. He finally done something better than Jason.

Unfortunately, Drew moving into the mansion is probably a plot point for him to somehow find out something about Nelle and help Carly.  <vomits>

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Unfortunately, Drew moving into the mansion is probably a plot point for him to somehow find out something about Nelle and help Carly.  <vomits>

Or it could be GH is too cheap to give Drew his own set, and it is cheaper/easier to stick him in the Q mansion. They could keep him living at the Metrocourt but he barely interacts with Carly and co., so might as well shift him to characters that he does seem to speak with.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Or it could be GH is too cheap to give Drew his own set, and it is cheaper/easier to stick him in the Q mansion. They could keep him living at the Metrocourt but he barely interacts with Carly and co., so might as well shift him to characters that he does seem to speak with.

I highly doubt that it's only for set purposes.  The way Michael/Nelle and Drew were staring at each other, my guess is Drew finds out something about Nelle that exonerates poor poor Carly.  The show is not interested in writing anything for Drew and his memories, even if it means showing him at the mansion with his daughter.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

I highly doubt that it's only for set purposes.  The way Michael/Nelle and Drew were staring at each other, my guess is Drew finds out something about Nelle that exonerates poor poor Carly.  The show is not interested in writing anything for Drew and his memories, even if it means showing him at the mansion with his daughter.

This is so annoying, but if it expedites this stupid ass story, I'm all for it. Imagine Jason and Carly owing Drew something. 

I bet Drew has scenes with Scout and Nelle will try and bond with him over this. Drew's interactions have been Kim and Oscar and Curtis and Monica. This is the extent of his relationships. Even Sam has been taken out of his orbit completely. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, xfuse said:

While I despise Sonny and hate just about everything about him he seemed to love Michael for Micheal.

I never thought so. Someone here, years ago, said something that really articulated something I'd felt for years. They (I wish I could remember who!) said that Sonny favored Michael so blatantly over all his other children because Sonny is the type of person who would prize what he had stolen over what was rightfully his.

(This is tangential, but I've always thought that Carly favored Michael because, deep in the hedge maze that is her mind, he is her son with Jason.)

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I never thought so. Someone here, years ago, said something that really articulated something I'd felt for years. They (I wish I could remember who!) said that Sonny favored Michael so blatantly over all his other children because Sonny is the type of person who would prize what he had stolen over what was rightfully his.

(This is tangential, but I've always thought that Carly favored Michael because, deep in the hedge maze that is her mind, he is her son with Jason.)

I remebmber that and wish I could remember who made this asute observation. Jason was included in that. It wasn't just that Michael was stolen, but he was stolen from the Qs.

• Love 5

Imagine Jason and Carly owing Drew something. 

I would enjoy Drew exonerating Carly for this alone.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

She's always encouraged Jason to think of Michael as his son, too.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, Carly flat out said to Jason at least one time that it should have been him there that night at the bar for the ONS, not AJ.  For those who remember, young Carly and Jason would shoot pool and hook up in his room - they did not have a ONS kind of situation. She wanted to see Jason that night after the fight with Tony Jones, but ran into AJ instead. So as far as she was concerned, when she started lying to people by claiming Jason was the father, it was the truth as it should be. As time went on, in her mind they really were a family and so when Jason's love for Robin made it clear he didn't really see it that way, Carly would question his "loyalty to Michael."  I can't even remember how many times SJB's Carly said "Jason's son."

• Love 5
20 hours ago, xfuse said:

AJ would not have done that because then he would have to explain how Sonny made him sign the paperwork. While I despise Sonny and hate just about everything about him he seemed to love Michael for Micheal. AJ was not anywhere close to a good person. It was all about him fathering the next Quartermaine and getting in Edward's good books. He finally done something better than Jason.

Sonny tortured AJ out of his rights and threatened to murder him. That’s the reason some people here take umbrage with the idea of saying that Sonny is Michael’s father. And we saw how much AJ loved Michael during the BW and SK years. Guza’s one-sided writing couldn’t erase that, despite how hard he tried to retroactively pretend that the Quartermaines weren’t really Michael’s family.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Sonny tortured AJ out of his rights and threatened to murder him.

Yes Sonny had him strung up but AJ signed his rights over because Jason found proof that he was the one who hired the arsonist who burned down Sonny's warehouse. He gave up his rights because he didn't want to go to jail.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, xfuse said:

Yes Sonny had him strung up but AJ signed his rights over because Jason found proof that he was the one who hired the arsonist who burned down Sonny's warehouse. He gave up his rights because he didn't want to go to jail.

It’s a soap - I don’t think anyone is under the assumption that characters are without flaws. It’s not a black and white situation; Carly was planning on getting AJ to fall off the wagon so she could be with Jason (which is why she married AJ), and before that happened, Jason intended on running away with Carly to avoid allowing AJ to raise Michael. That AJ was denied the chance to be a father to Michael by mobsters who romanticized a life of crime while vilifying a man for being a recovering alcoholic is the primary issue people have.

Also, Sonny had AJ shoved into a box (let’s keep in mind that Sonny is claustrophobic and his enablers, like Carly, have used that as a reason why he shouldn’t be locked up in prison), starved him, tortured him, threatened to murder him - let’s not just bring up the moment where he was placed on a meat hook.

• Love 7
(edited)

wait, why are all the people who are testifying as witnesses (Sonny, Ava, Griffin, Dante, Nelle, Michael) allowed to be in the courtroom while other are testifying? I'm no lawyer, but I've watched L&O for many years...

Edited by MarciNJ
  • Love 8
(edited)
23 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This is so annoying, but if it expedites this stupid ass story, I'm all for it. Imagine Jason and Carly owing Drew something.

The kind of entitlement and narcissism Sonny and Carly feel, they would think they deserved Drew bailing them out. After all, Jason has done it for years and Drew did it when he thought he was Jason.

It might bother Jason for a while but only because he doesn't want to be obligated to anyone.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:41 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'm not sure he should be testifying in the first place, though I'm always happy to see Jon Lindstrom.

He did treat Carly so he could testify as to what she told him and that he prescribed anti-anxiety meds for her.  And also that she cancelled her appointment and didn't make another. The latter would speak to her having be to incarcerated rather than on parole because they wouldn't be able to trust her to seek help when she needed it.

I figure Drew is moving into the Quartermaine home because other than being Oscar's bio-dad, there is nothing to connect him to any story currently on the show.  Even the Curtis/Drew team-up has been taken over by Sam.

He gave up his rights because he didn't want to go to jail.

It's still coercion. And illegal.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

As much as I hate that Michael considers Sonny his dad, I think that legally (even if it shouldn't count because of the meat hook) Sonny is legally Michael's father. I don't know if he's legally Dante's father since they didn't find out they were father and son until Dante was an adult, but they do share the same father. They are half-brothers, that's what they consider themselves.

The problem I think is that everyday and biological terms are getting confused. (Like when people say "X is passive aggressive" when most of the time they're not because passive-aggression is a specific thing but most people use the term to describe something else.)

I am very sorry if people have felt hurt by what I've posted because family is very important no matter how it's created.

I studied science in university so this  definition is what I go by:

A half-brother is someone who is shares blood with either your father or mother. Heard of Emperor Ashoka and prince Susima? They had a common father - Bindusara. But two were born of different mothers. Hence, Ashoka was Susima's half-brother. They shared Bindusara's blood.

A step-brother does not share his parents' blood. They are biologically not related. He is someone who is born of different parents. Say, Z is X (father) and Y's (mother) son. But 10 years later, X (father) divorces (Y) and marries another woman A, who already has a 5 year old son C from B (A's husband). Here, C is the step-brother of Z. Put simply, they are born of different parents and do not share blood.

I'm good with Dante and Michael calling themselves step brothers, or family brothers, or adoptive brothers, or skipping any descriptor entirely and just calling themselves brothers.

But unless Spinelli can figure out a way to remove AJ's DNA from Michael's body and replace it with Sonny's, they are not half-brothers.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MarciNJ said:

wait, why are all the people who are testifying as witnesses (Sonny, Ava, Griffin, Dante, Nelle, Michel) allowed to be in the courtroom while other are testifying? I'm no lawyer, but I've watched L&O for many years...

This is the most lax trial I've ever seen. Also, is there supposed to be a jury? I thought it was just the judge but then Nelle was looking left during her testimony as if addressing jurors. The whole thing is hilarious. Asking Jason about Carly's mental health? Objection, your Honor: What does a mute hitman know about mental health diagnosis? And for crying out loud, Diane, cross examine someone! I got the impression the writers avoided that because it would've been too much work to re-read what they just wrote and have Diane logically counter it. Ergo, the 'maybe we'll see ya later' defense.

I just got back into the show, but I was really surprised that Sonny was behind this temporary insanity story line. He's done so much on the show (as has MB in real life) to raise awareness for Bipolar and not stigmatizing or making light of mental illness. I'm not saying no ones ever going to use this trope on daytime, its soap opera world after all, temporary insanity is up there with fake out deaths, baby-nappings, and childbirths anywhere but at the hospital. But for the character of Sonny and those in his immediate periphery, shouldn't he have been at least a little conflicted by this course of action instead of all in? Did I just miss that part? 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 2
(edited)

He's done so much on the show (as has MB in real life) to raise awareness for Bipolar and not stigmatizing or making light of mental illness.

Sonny is seen frequently drinking the hard stuff at his home while he is supposedly on his bipolar meds so I kinda don't think that MB is all that concerned about being a spokesman for the bipolar disorder - jmo. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 6

This trial was stupid on so many levels and made no sense but that is par for the course now for this show, isn't it?

Oh, show, I was actually not minding Chase and you had to go and drag him into the Nelle and Corinthos vortex of suck. Damn. And how did Michael not notice that huge grin on Nelle's face when Carly's verdict came down?

Shouldn't Joss be going back to Jax in Australia now that her mother is committed for the foreseeable future? She is still a minor and Sonny isn't her legal parent.

• Love 9
(edited)

And there's the Chase/Nelle connection, ugh (and, btw, I had totally forgotten about Nelle being known as Janelle in her black widow days, ugh).  Lots of bad ways this could go for poor Chase.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Finn and Anna were painfully unsexy today. The coy innuendo felt strained and rather juvenile, and they're too skittish around each other for me to buy into their supposed attraction.

While I'm glad Liesl is finally getting a voice in the Peter situation, I do wish she'd do something more than hurl shit across the room. She could at least work on her aim and land a direct blow, c'mon now.

Y'all know I was already sold on Chase, but I got inordinately excited when he popped up at the end of Nelle's boastful confession. Take her down, Chase! Defy all PC convention and take her down in an aboveboard, law-abiding fashion!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Shouldn't Joss be going back to Jax in Australia now that her mother is committed for the foreseeable future? She is still a minor and Sonny isn't her legal parent.

Sonny suggested she go stay with her father last week and she said she didn't want to leave because she didn't want to be away from Oscar.  She wouldn't have a choice if Jax came and got her, but Sonny didn't press it.  Nothing has fundamentally changed since that episode.  Since Carly was pleading not guilty by reason of insanity, there was no potential result of the trial which would have had her home in the near future.   

• Love 1

Is it possible Chase was investigating the death of Nelle's former fiance and he's now just waiting for her to slip up so that he can nab her?

Also is me or the pregnancy pad is worn way high? It bugs the hell out of me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I just wanted to die during the phone foreplay. The only non-douchey thing Finn didn't say was "Injection" when Anna asked how his special insomnia treatment would be administered. Blergh. 

This is what they'll use on me in hell to torture me, strap me in front of a TV and play whatever that was on a loop. 

That whole thing was ridiculous and awkward and if that was someone's idea for cute, it wasn't.

It's funny, I thought that Anna and McBain might have had something going when what's his face came to the show the first time. This whole Anna/Finn thing makes me wanna gouge my eyes out and use them as plugs for my ears. Alexis/Finn was leaps and bounds better than these two trying to be cutesy. If you have to force it, it means it's not working.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Alexis/Finn was leaps and bounds better than these two trying to be cutesy

Yeah, i don't get it because I've seen Finola have chemistry with others (heck, I see chemistry between Anna and Griffin and I don't think I'm supposed to).  But Fin and Michael just do NOT have it.  Michael and Nancy had it without really trying, though maybe that's why it worked, because they were supposed to be more like friends with benefits than luvahs.  

Also is me or the pregnancy pad is worn way high?

It's not so much that it's too high, but because they didn't give her pregnancy boobs, to help fill things out, it just looks like she's deformed.  They did a better job with Maxie's pregnancy pad, though I had to laugh today, as Maxie's walking around with no post baby belly whatsoever.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Sonny suggested she go stay with her father last week and she said she didn't want to leave because she didn't want to be away from Oscar.  She wouldn't have a choice if Jax came and got her, but Sonny didn't press it.  Nothing has fundamentally changed since that episode.  Since Carly was pleading not guilty by reason of insanity, there was no potential result of the trial which would have had her home in the near future.   

It really shouldn't be her decision though.  She's only 14 and essentially living unsupervised because you know Sonny isn't going to feel it's his responsibility to makes sure she gets home at a reasonable hour at night. No wonder she wants to stay in Port Charles.

Jax needs to put his food down and have her move in with him for the summer if not more. But you know that none of the writers will have thought of that. They probably want her around for the big Nelle/Carly confrontation and baby battle.

• Love 7

Damn, Chase. If your foot isn't on Janelle's neck by the end of the week I'm going to be very unhappy. I don't care about your shared backstory, just stomp her ass and be done with it. Thank you.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It really shouldn't be her decision though.  She's only 14 and essentially living unsupervised because you know Sonny isn't going to feel it's his responsibility to makes sure she gets home at a reasonable hour at night. No wonder she wants to stay in Port Charles.

Jax needs to put his food down and have her move in with him for the summer if not more. But you know that none of the writers will have thought of that. They probably want her around for the big Nelle/Carly confrontation and baby battle.

Heck, I'd be surprised if the writers remembered that Joss was Jax's child despite what they wrote last week.

• Love 2

Finn and Anna would be a lot more interesting if they were written as adults. And it the writers are going to write phone foreplay, they need to watch Pillow Talk or Indiscreet for some pointers on how to make it sexy. What we had to sit through was terrible. They're trying to write some sort of romantic comedy thing and it's flatter than a pancake.

Nelle and Michael are another snoozy couple. He hates her, she's delusional at best, and the two of them are tap-dancing around whether each knows Nelle is gaslighting Carly. Nothing is happening.

LOL that everyone is shocked—shocked!—that Carly will be at Ferncliffe instead of Shady Brooke. What did they think would happen under the circumstances? Not guilty by reason of insanity doesn't mean you get to spend time at the mental hospital of your choice. Gah.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is it possible Chase was investigating the death of Nelle's former fiance and he's now just waiting for her to slip up so that he can nab her?

I hope that's it, even though it's entirely unnecessary for Chase to have that connection. I don't need Nelle's past crimes to bubble up now. She's done enough in Port Charles the way it is.

• Love 6

Nelle is a nut but man do I enjoy seeing Carly get her just deserts by someone just as cray as she was when she first blew into town. LOVE. IT. 

I crawled under my couch during the Finn/Anna scenes. I've since emerged and the nausea has finally subsided... 

• Love 8

I am a little confused (which isn't too hard) but didn't Carly want to go to Frencliffe all along? Was she acting upset or was she really shocked that she was sentenced to go there? I think CL plays a great a nut case. I do wish she shave her one front tooth down though. It.drives.me.up.a.wall. LOL!! I'm kinda hoping Nelle goes a batshit crazy when she finds out dopey Michael is playing her. She's too smart to be fooled by that nitwit. It was a nice little cliffhanger that Chase is involved with Nelle showhow. At least, I didn't see it coming. Of course, I'm not the smart crayon in the box. LOL!! Also, it looks like KS is in her not looking healthy phase again. I guess this was right after MB filled in for 2 days. I do wish KS would get her act together. Maxie is a fun character.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope that's it, even though it's entirely unnecessary for Chase to have that connection. I don't need Nelle's past crimes to bubble up now. She's done enough in Port Charles the way it is.

There is no good character the writers won't try to taint.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I crawled under my couch during the Finn/Anna scenes. I've since emerged and the nausea has finally subsided... 

My cats and I were both sick under ours.

8 hours ago, LillyB said:

I wonder if Snarly will run into Heather at Ferncliffe? Heather should hate her for being so mean to Fraanco.

Rumor abounds that Carly is more likely to run into another familiar character there.

• Love 1

Carly thought she’d go to shady brook (aka the nice loony bin). Ferncliff is for the criminally insane like Heather. Carly most definitely did not want to go there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Carly thought she’d go to shady brook (aka the nice loony bin). Ferncliff is for the criminally insane like Heather. Carly most definitely did not want to go there.

Oh, okay. I was getting my loony bins mixed up. Thanks for the 411 on loony bins. LOL!!!

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I just wanted to die during the phone foreplay. The only non-douchey thing Finn didn't say was "Injection" when Anna asked how his special insomnia treatment would be administered. Blergh. 

15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This is what they'll use on me in hell to torture me, strap me in front of a TV and play whatever that was on a loop. 

I was going to suggest that Peter should have been tortured by the playing of the JaSam leitmotif, or the CarSon piano interlude, since ABCD already owns the music, but this would have been more than acceptable.

Edited by NutmegsDad
Autocorrect
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Linny said:

Finn and Anna were painfully unsexy today. The coy innuendo felt strained and rather juvenile, . . .

I was reading news on my tablet and listening to the show since I've found that's often the best way to keep my eyes from rolling out of my head when Anna/Finn (gak) came on. My first thought was that something had happened that had caused the TV to flip to a bad movie or the Hallmark Channel.

I'm still suffering second-hand embarrassment from that scene. 

Anna, the character, has to be 60 at the very least. The writers need to write her as a bit more mature. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I am a little confused (which isn't too hard) but didn't Carly want to go to Frencliffe all along? Was she acting upset or was she really shocked that she was sentenced to go there?

Yes, but she wanted to go there on her OWN terms, NOT by such a blatantly prejudicial judge who HATES Sonny and his family by declaring Not Guilty Because of Carlyness, and it's all that EVUL DA's fault for going after Sonny's family, that COWARD who should be disbarred!

• Love 3