Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lazy, idiotic writers.

I can't blame the writers too much for this, besides maybe not writing in that Lucky and the kids skype or something. I mean what can they possibly do besides coma or dead for an excuse as to why Lucky wouldn't be back for this.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why am I looking at LWB/FS and Sasha when I could be looking at Britt!

+1 LOL.  

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

   Sonny with Spencer wasn't too bad, I don't mind Spencer and he seems to be better as he has aged. 

I disagree. Spencer has always annoyed me, but I could tolerate the OTT precociousness when he was younger. Now, he’s just coming off as Spinelli Jr., and one of those is more than enough.

Re. Franco and Liz: I have always maintained that the show made a big mistake by not having Franco display proper horror and regret over his actions once the tumor was revealed.  These recent episodes have just highlighted what a lost opportunity that was.  And although I do actually enjoy his scenes with Elizabeth, I have always thought she displays a weird motherly vibe when talking to him, kind of like she is speaking to a slow child.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't blame the writers too much for this, besides maybe not writing in that Lucky and the kids skype or something. I mean what can they possibly do besides coma or dead for an excuse as to why Lucky wouldn't be back for this.

They could at least say he's in touch with Laura on a daily basis. The show keeps Lucky at such an arm's length that any indication he's in contact with his family is better than what's going on now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

+1 LOL.  

I disagree. Spencer has always annoyed me, but I could tolerate the OTT precociousness when he was younger. Now, he’s just coming off as Spinelli Jr., and one of those is more than enough.

Re. Franco and Liz: I have always maintained that the show made a big mistake by not having Franco display proper horror and regret over his actions once the tumor was revealed.  These recent episodes have just highlighted what a lost opportunity that was.  And although I do actually enjoy his scenes with Elizabeth, I have always thought she displays a weird motherly vibe when talking to him, kind of like she is speaking to a slow child.

Liz has always given me that vibe in her love interests.  I thought she was very motherly to Jake Doe as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Excuse me for asking again, as I took a long break from this show, but where are Lucky and Luke supposed to be now? Luke is never mentioned and Lucky is hardly ever mentioned. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For the love of God, SORAS Spencer with some handsome young man and make he and Cameron the new young guns of GH. Why is this show so fucking unwilling to do anything that would benefit it!!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

If this were a quality soap (cue the derisive laughter) they would recast Lucky and I say that as someone who adored Jonathan Jackson in the role. Lucky's absence is glaring.

Word on Elizabeth's gross maternal vibe with Franco and the borderline emotional abusiveness he's exhibited toward her. Of course, this show being this show, I suppose that means it's true love.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Excuse me for asking again, as I took a long break from this show, but where are Lucky and Luke supposed to be now? Luke is never mentioned and Lucky is hardly ever mentioned. Thanks!

As another poster mentioned, Lucky is off in Africa doing charity work.  And Luke and Tracy are living happily in Amsterdam, or so we're led to believe.

With different show-runners, JJ and Jack Wagner would have been lured back to GH, then teamed with Anna and Robert (and maybe Dante if the actor decided to come back) to do an all-new, kick-ass era of WSB stories (with no Sonny or Jason).  The fun action/adventure S/Ls could be a regular Tuesday/Thursday arc to balance out all the ridiculous bullshit.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Jonathan Jackson is still doing very well for himself and is almost certainly never signing a long-term contract again. They had their once in a lifetime second shot with him and they squandered it.

Jack Wagner is just a mess.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Now, he’s just coming off as Spinelli Jr., and one of those is more than enough.

When I was watching I was thinking I hadn't felt that annoyed since early Spinelli. Frank has gone absolutely batshit if he can't see that that kid is annoying as eff and that this is in no way cute anymore.

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

So if Spencer tells Laura about his election tampering does that mean Laura will have to resign?  Shortest term since her ex-husband left the office 35 years ago!

I liked Jordan and Curtis brainstorming as to why they're leaning towards Franco being set up.  Mostly because it allowed them to use their heads and not just be the usually incompetent PCPD.

Loved Drew with Liz and the boys today.   Billy really has great chemistry will so many actors on the show.  Too bad the writers don't give a crap about that.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So if Spencer tells Laura about his election tampering does that mean Laura will have to resign?  Shortest term since her ex-husband left the office 35 years ago!

I liked Jordan and Curtis brainstorming as to why they're leaning towards Franco being set up.  Mostly because it allowed them to use their heads and not just be the usually incompetent PCPD.

Loved Drew with Liz and the boys today.   Billy really has great chemistry will so many actors on the show.  Too bad the writers don't give a crap about that.

Nah they're too busy allowing the genital warts of GH (burton, benard, wright, and monaco) hog up screen time and episodes being the most unlikable leads in all of soaps to even bother giving Billy Miller anything worthwhile to do.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I want to see more Drew. Also more Curtis, Scorpio, Chase, baby Wiley, Terry, and Cam. But mostly Drew.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I loved everyone's expression when Nina announced her engagement to Valentin. Sasha, Maxie, and Peter were like, "Uh, congrats?"

I really hate the trope of people going down to harangue the people in jail. It always makes the haranguer look petty and dumb.

Poor Cam. I love the actor and the character these days. He's so good. His smirk when Elizabeth was trying to explain Franco to Aidan and Jake was perfect. That was a really good scene until Drew came in. I wish they hadn't written Drew as Elizabeth's savior there. She should have been the one in the hot seat, not him.

Spencer is a little old these days to play the precocious child.

Election fraud is not "a little trick," Sonny. It's sometimes a federal crime. And LOL that Sonny brought up the coverup being worse than the crime. Since when does he live by that adage?

Better late than never that Jordan is finally rubbing a few brain cells together that maybe Franco was set up for the murders.

Watching Liesl make Valentin squirm was the second best part of today's ep.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hate the trope of people going down to harangue the people in jail. It always makes the haranguer look petty and dumb.

God, yes.  Laura looked like an asshole in those scenes--and there's no reason for her to, given her daughter was attacked!  But her whole "AHA!" when she thought she tricked Franco with the "so you told Kevin the truth" angle was just embarrassing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

They should hire Maxie at the PCPD.  She's almost figured out the Nina's offspring mystery, without staring for weeks at 8 x 10's artfully arranged on a map of Port Charles.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But her whole "AHA!" when she thought she tricked Franco with the "so you told Kevin the truth" angle was just embarrassing. 

Especially because it was followed by a "oh, someone else has recognized Kevin is a different man these days. What could that mean?" Oof.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Btw, I hate Maxie and LWB/FS so, soooo much.  Maxie being worried about Nina being in the company of known liars Valentin and Dr. O while she's hanging out with LWB/FS - who LIED FOR MONTHS ABOUT THE HAND HE HAD IN HER HUSBAND'S DEATH - was unreal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

He's def written and styled like Kid Spinelli now, but I'll give Bechtel this, he's learned to act a bit. I pulled up some recent clips and he summoned actual emotion over his dead dad and it wasn't a trick of the light! A couple years ago he could barely budge even when Chandra Wilson was pushing him on a guest spot on Grey's. Still, they need to SORAS him a little.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope Nicholas returns from the "dead" soon so he can keep Laura and Spencer away from Sonny.  It makes me sick to see Spencer confiding in and receiving advice from that murdering "coffee importer". 

Yesterday Sam had more of a sparkle in her eye when she had that brief talk with Drew (and Carly) at the MetroCourt than she had while she was having sex with Jason.  There is no chemistry between Jason and Sam, just stick a fork in them already.  It is obvious that Sam and Drew is the pairing with all the chemistry.   

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Nah they're too busy allowing the genital warts of GH (burton, benard, wright, and monaco) hog up screen time and episodes being the most unlikable leads in all of soaps to even bother giving Billy Miller anything worthwhile to do.

Not only did they resurrect a mistake of a character, they doubled down by giving him a twin.  TFGH.

Quote

Btw, I hate Maxie and LWB/FS so, soooo much.  Maxie being worried about Nina being in the company of known liars Valentin and Dr. O while she's hanging out with LWB/FS - who LIED FOR MONTHS ABOUT THE HAND HE HAD IN HER HUSBAND'S DEATH - was unreal.

Though it does warm the heart to see Kirsten Storms regaining her groove.  She never seems to click with ER like she did with JMB.  LWB/FS pales in comparison to carson and jasam.

Quote

It makes me sick to see Spencer confiding in and receiving advice from that murdering "coffee importer". 

Once again, solo MB didn't bug me but was the dialogue spewed by Sonny was a bit much.  Sonny seems so much less toxic away from Jason these days.

Quote

I liked Jordan and Curtis brainstorming as to why they're leaning towards Franco being set up

Could have done without the blatant Carly propping by Curtis who must have missed the memo that mental patient Carly attempted to murder her nurse and tried to insinuate that there should not have been any surprise that evil Mary Pat deserved to be murdered for doing her job.  Yes, the nurse was not a nice person but c'mon Show.

Quote

With different show-runners, JJ and Jack Wagner would have been lured back to GH, then teamed with Anna and Robert (and maybe Dante if the actor decided to come back) to do an all-new, kick-ass era of WSB stories (with no Sonny or Jason).  The fun action/adventure S/Ls could be a regular Tuesday/Thursday arc to balance out all the ridiculous bullshit.

It would be great to see Curtis and Drew take up the role of adventurers instead of Jason and Sam.  I rue the day that they brought Jason back.  This version of Jason spews dialogue that makes him seem even more disturbing and repulsive than his previous incarnation.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I liked Jordan and Curtis brainstorming as to why they're leaning towards Franco being set up

But if felt like too little too late.  I mean Jordan was all, "Franco's guilty and I'm throwing the book at him".  Curtis: "Maybe he's been set up".  Jordan "Oh okay".  Just made me wonder where that thought process was the day before.  "Franco couldn't have killed Kiki , he loved her like a daughter".  Really?  And yet less than 24 hrs earlier, you had no problem beleiving Franco would kill his pseudo daughter.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Once again, solo MB didn't bug me but was the dialogue spewed by Sonny was a bit much.  Sonny seems so much less toxic away from Jason these days.

Out of the four warts, he's the most tolerable. Scam, Jason, and Carly give new meaning to insufferable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Franco is a nut job who I don't care for at all. That said, when he's found not guilty of these charges and Ryan is discovered to be the murderer I hope he tells everyone to F off. I did like that Drew was standing up for him but does Franco know this? I can't recall if Drew has even seen Franco since he was arrested.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Could have done without the blatant Carly propping by Curtis who must have missed the memo that mental patient Carly attempted to murder her nurse and tried to insinuate that there should not have been any surprise that evil Mary Pat deserved to be murdered for doing her job.  Yes, the nurse was not a nice person but c'mon Show.

Ugh, I KNOW. Is there some sort of competition among the writers to insert Carly/Sonny/Jason into as many conversations as possible? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yesterday Sam had more of a sparkle in her eye when she had that brief talk with Drew (and Carly) at the MetroCourt than she had while she was having sex with Jason.  There is no chemistry between Jason and Sam, just stick a fork in them already.  It is obvious that Sam and Drew is the pairing with all the chemistry.   

It was like I was watching another actress during that scene with Drew. The way she put her hand on his and kinda let it linger there, yeah, there was definitely more chemistry between them in 5 seconds than she ever shows with Jason. I just don't understand why they insist on forcing a pairing that so obviously doesn't work. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Could have done without the blatant Carly propping by Curtis who must have missed the memo that mental patient Carly attempted to murder her nurse and tried to insinuate that there should not have been any surprise that evil Mary Pat deserved to be murdered for doing her job.  Yes, the nurse was not a nice person but c'mon Show.

Well, I just hope everyone remembers that if only Carly had done more about the mysterious Morse code knocking mental patient, Mary Pat, Kiki, and random documentary producer guy might still be alive. But, she's more interested in JaSam's love life than in helping her former hospital neighbor, so she'll just have to live with the guilt of all those deaths (and Lulu's stabbing) on her head. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, I just hope everyone remembers that if only Carly had done more about the mysterious Morse code knocking mental patient, Mary Pat, Kiki, and random documentary producer guy might still be alive.

Hey, she tried, but she was thwarted at every turn!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Well, I just hope everyone remembers that if only Carly had done more about the mysterious Morse code knocking mental patient, Mary Pat, Kiki, and random documentary producer guy might still be alive. But, she's more interested in JaSam's love life than in helping her former hospital neighbor, so she'll just have to live with the guilt of all those deaths (and Lulu's stabbing) on her head. 

I recall Carly screeching that said patient - Ryan - didn't deserve to be locked in there and was being mistreated and abused.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sick of Sam moping to Jason and acting all put-upon for having to investigate Shiloh. You CHOSE to do this all on your own, Vinegar Pants, so chin up and shut up. Oh, and work harder on selling your lies, 'cause that junk about "self-discovery" and change isn't remotely believable when in the past year you divorced Drew and jumped ship from Aurora to get right back to your "Sam McCall, P.I." roots.

Not even Robert can get me interested in the Dr. Cabot stuff. Robert deserves better than to third-wheel Anna and Finn in some out-of-nowhere story, man.

Wiley sucking his thumb was cute as a button. Also, Brad calling Willow "Wisteria" amused me way more than it should have. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Willow asking Brad if she can be involved with Wiley without Lucas' knowledge is 100% not cool!  That's not how adoptions work!  Ugh, I hate that we're now supposed to care more about Willow's feelings in this baby swap than Brad's or Lucas'.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Linny said:

I'm sick of Sam moping to Jason and acting all put-upon for having to investigate Shiloh. You CHOSE to do this all on your own, Vinegar Pants, so chin up and shut up. Oh, and work harder on selling your lies, 'cause that junk about "self-discovery" and change isn't remotely believable when in the past year you divorced Drew and jumped ship from Aurora to get right back to your "Sam McCall, P.I." roots.

Ugh, yes. Her "I'm a con so I know how they work" spiel is laughable. I wish the show hadn't made Shiloh so obviously evil so quickly. The writers always do this, and even though there's no doubt who's going to end up on the losing side of this, maybe at least try to keep me guessing a tiny bit.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Burton and Monaco’s intimate scenes are downright painful. It’s always so straining to watch. They strain to kiss and touch. 

I mean the deep breaths, the strain on every word prior to a kiss.  

"I want to get this over (referencing Shiloh)" but by the looks of this premature closing of the eyes, seems like you actually want the kiss to be over with:

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 7.08.22 PM.png

Edited by Hater · Reason: Because of the "acting."
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Willow asking Brad if she can be involved with Wiley without Lucas' knowledge is 100% not cool!  That's not how adoptions work!  Ugh, I hate that we're now supposed to care more about Willow's feelings in this baby swap than Brad's or Lucas'.

Especially as it was her choice to have a closed adoption. Willow should have asked Diane to reach out to Alexis to see id the adoptive parents were willing to have her involved in Wiley life.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

 I rarely like Ainsworth's acting but she was acting circles around KM today.

Edit: Wait maybe I should take that back because I just watched Burton attempt to be menacing with Coby M.

Edited by Hater
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Willow actually looked like she was going to throw up when she was talking to Brad today. I really expected her to get sick right then and there. But holy moly, are those boy babies cute or what?!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've never been much of a baby person, but Wiley grinning was awfully cute...this show does manage to hire some adorable babies

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Watched yesterday and had some thoughts. I still hate Franco. The Webber boys are the best part of the show right now. They better take advantage of the actor who plays Cam while they have him because he is going to get cast in primetime pretty soon...he's great. Elizabeth's defense of Franco actually makes sense because if she doubted him then she would have to doubt herself. But she could have been more sympathetic to Cam. If the show is really going full steam ahead with Jasam, why can't the show put Elizabeth and Drew back together? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

 "Wiley's" suspenders, bow tie and baldness made him look like Winston Churchill. :)  I love chubby bald babies.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, melody16 said:

 But she could have been more sympathetic to Cam. If the show is really going full steam ahead with Jasam, why can't the show put Elizabeth and Drew back together? 

Franco.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, melody16 said:

They better take advantage of the actor who plays Cam while they have him because he is going to get cast in primetime pretty soon...he's great.

He's on contract so they probably have him locked down for three years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

 "Wiley's" suspenders, bow tie and baldness made him look like Winston Churchill. 🙂

He really did. A lot of babies do, LOL.

I love how Jason has to explain to Sam, the self-proclaimed experienced con woman, what Shiloh is doing by showing up at the apartment. FFS. And what a couple of ding-dongs that they never considered that Shiloh would find out where Jason lives or what his phone number is. 

I liked that Alexis didn't buy Sam's pathetic b.s.

Pro tip, Willow: If you don't want anyone to know you're Wiley's mother, don't tell anyone you're Wiley's mother. 

Ugh, tomorrow's preview made my blood run cold.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sam rattling off all the logical, sound reasons Jason is a terrible choice for a partner as a method of hiding her relationship with Jason was more meta than this show intended I'm sure. 

I was waiting for Shiloh during his "see the light, brother" speech to Jason, to mention Jason being a criminal and killing people as part of that bad path he's been on. But the writers will never go there anymore. Pathetic. 

As usual, the baby stole the show.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

It was like I was watching another actress during that scene with Drew. The way she put her hand on his and kinda let it linger there, yeah, there was definitely more chemistry between them in 5 seconds than she ever shows with Jason. I just don't understand why they insist on forcing a pairing that so obviously doesn't work. 

Because there are evidently "too numerous to count" loud & obnoxious Jasam fans who are evidently watching an entirely different bunch of scenes than I am who somehow feel Jasam chemistry is off the charts. Maybe it is but not the direction they think. 🙂

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

He's on contract so they probably have him locked down for three years.

Ah I didnt know that. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post

Baby Wiley looks at lights is better than anything going on right now. Perhaps he could have a spinoff show.I'd watch it.

I think I would enjoy Willow once she gets beyond all the baby drama.

Baby Wiley looks at lights is better than anything going on right now. Perhaps he could have a spinoff show.I'd watch it.

I think I would enjoy Willow once she gets beyond all the baby drama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, tomorrow's preview made my blood run cold.

Oh ew, it's all terrible.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×