Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It cracked me up when Sam talked about what a good time her kids had in Switzerland. They were there, what, two whole days? And LOL that she tells Maxie she needs to "find some time with [herself] to figure out who [she is.]" That's why she went to Switzerland!! Gah.

"When I see [Lulu] running around playing journalist, it makes my blood boil." My blood doesn't boil, but I'm with Maxie and her exasperation.

It's so nice not to see the skittish-virgin version of Alexis when she's with Finn.

I loved Robert using a crayon to take notes in Kelly's. Hee.

• Love 4

Was it just me, or was this episode funnier than most? My favorites:

--the mental image of petite Sam trekking the Swiss mountains with Scout on her back.

--Curtis trying and failing to blend in with the background during Nina and Valentin's fight.

--Alexis being so proud of herself for taking a cooking class and making a casserole. (I wonder how much she paid someone to teach her to mix a can of cream of chicken soup with meat/veggies/noodles, because you know that's what she did.)

--Robert scrawling out notes with a jumbo crayon.

--Sam proving her superior P.I. prowess by easily interrupting Curtis snooping through the Aurora offices.

--Robert, badass OG that he is, nonchalantly letting himself into Wyndemere and refusing to be cowed by Valentin. 

So basically, nice friendship moments with Maxie/Sam + a healthy dash of humor + lots of Robert = a pretty good episode all around. And bonus, no Sonny/Carly/Jason to be found.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

--Curtis trying and failing to blend in with the background during Nina and Valentin's fight.

I loved that. You could see he was so hoping the floor would open and swallow him. I also loved that Nina pointed out that fighting was a part of marriage, and he should take notes, and Curtis says, "Noted." 

43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So is Anna just going to pop LWB/FS into her will and not mention it to Robin?  That'll be a nice surprise for after her mother's dead. #eyeroll

Unless Anna dies tomorrow, Robin will find out about her half-brother and, knowing her, not care.

Why did Nina turn off the lights in LWB/FS's office? There's no reason Curtis has to poke around the office with a flashlight. The door was shut. And why did Sam just barge in without knocking? Does she think she's Carly? 

• Love 2

The words "she thinks she never has to follow the rules or face the consequences" are hilarious coming from Maxie. And then she listens to the tale of Sam robbing a bank, which is totally following rules.

Speaking of Maxie, it's kind of weird that characters are in active contact with Frisco given his daughter is pregnant and her husband got killed. Have they mentioned Frisco talking to Maxie or mentioning her or anything? 

Oh shit the penthouse got grey painted.

"Thank you my dear." I'd be very surprised if the "my dear" wasn't a TR addition.

"Oh, let them run Crimson without me." Yes please, let them, considering Maxie should be the one running it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Cut to Lucy Coe strutting off the Crimson elevator in a rad fur coat, a cage with Sigmund IV in one hand.

I'd be good with that too.

Speaking of Nina, can't wait to see what bullshit they come up with for her to forgive Valentin.

Was it explained why Joss and Oscar were in the hospital when they were talking about how great the editorial/article he wrote for the school paper was?  Because I have a teenager, and I would bet my house that kiddo and friends don't go to hospitals to chat.

I'm getting really tired of the Anna/Finn story.  They are acting like teenagers, and while it may be entertaining to see teenagers go through the whole "I like her but I think she likes someone else", it's tiresome when we're talking about adults.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I assume Nina will try to leave Val and then he'll be all, "Hey, remember when you nearly murdered that Jessica Tuck chick?  You're not going anywhere."

I'd be surprised if they had Valentin do that. Unless JPS is filming elsewhere.

38 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm getting really tired of the Anna/Finn story.  They are acting like teenagers, and while it may be entertaining to see teenagers go through the whole "I like her but I think she likes someone else", it's tiresome when we're talking about adults.

Especially while nothing of the kind is going on with the teens or twentysomethings.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, I assume Nina will try to leave Val and then he'll be all, "Hey, remember when you nearly murdered that Jessica Tuck chick?  You're not going anywhere."

Not that I liked this storyline but I am surprised there was no follow-up to Cassandra's death (not-death?) at all. Nina either killed her or almost killed her, Valentin covered it up, and I don't know if no one else knows about it or no one cares, but nothing ever happened to either of them, consequence-wise, and not even pretend consequences. 

22 hours ago, nilyank said:

Carly has known Lucas since he was a child and Lucas has known her for a majority of his life. In the limited scenes that have shown Lucas, he had scenes with Carly including telling her and Bobbie that he and Brad wanted to adopt.

Yes, I know that Carly disregarded what was left of child Lucas' mental health and family stability when she screwed his father while his entire family mourned the death of beloved sister/daughter BJ. Given that, and Carly's known history of breakdown/hospitalization, a shooting in a courtroom, marriages to mobsters Sonny and Alcazar, and her own children being both kidnapped and victims of violence, I find it absurd that supposedly smart Lucas would have her as a reference. I'd think a rational birth mother would run screaming at the thought that Lucas would have that woman around the baby - let alone Sonny.

• Love 7
On 4/25/2018 at 3:38 PM, TeeVee329 said:

It's unacceptable to me how boring Joss in particular is, she should be making Carly's life hell!

Almost makes me miss her “Joss is Corn” days.  Weird is at least better than boring.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:39 PM, dubbel zout said:

Shouldn't Jason have mentioned Ava's help during the escape tale? I hate how their relationship was totally dropped.

Yes! That was the most interesting part about that whole storyline, to me. I’m not a big Ava fan in general, but I do enjoy her in unexpected pairings like this one, and with Nicholas.  Having Ava and Jason develop a friendship, or even a mutual respect based on shared experience may have brought out new dimensions in both characters.  But I guess the writers feel 2 dimensions are enough, at least for Jason.

i was going to say something else  about Jason and Sam and fate, but thinking about it made me fall asleep.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

The words "she thinks she never has to follow the rules or face the consequences" are hilarious coming from Maxie. And then she listens to the tale of Sam robbing a bank, which is totally following rules.

My favorite part was when Maxie was like, "Thankfully I have friends like you." Yes, the woman you've interacted with three times since 2009.

I can't with Sam. "Aurora was Drew's idea." "I'm a great PI!" Bitch never solves shit and it was her cat disease that forced Drew to make the "changes" she loved so much for the ~family~ Pls remind me to FF.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

My favorite part was when Maxie was like, "Thankfully I have friends like you." Yes, the woman you've interacted with three times since 2009.

I can't with Sam. "Aurora was Drew's idea." "I'm a great PI!" Bitch never solves shit and it was her cat disease that forced Drew to make the "changes" she loved so much for the ~family~ Pls remind me to FF.

Sure. Just let me find Billy Miller so I can sit on his lap and hold a remote in my hand and take a picture of us and caption it "Heatlifer, pls FF!"

And then BM and I will hold each other and weep about GH.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Next she'll be telling Jason had Drew almost forced her to move out of Port Charles.

And, again, I say: for the woman who cried and cried over her broken womb, she really doesn't seem the least bit interested in her "miracle babies."

• Love 4

Like I've said, I'm honestly just amused by this retcon crap of Sam and Drew's relationship because aside from it just being really lazy and bullshit writing, it makes me wonder if the writers themselves realize how dull and borderline anemic KeMo and Steve Burton are together at this point.

And so since they can't sell the reunion on the strength of their super amazing chemistry and passion, the only other option is to diminish Sam's relationship with Drew, so Jason must look like the superior option. Again, I find the whole thing so pitifully transparent that all I can do is laugh. 

Now since I'm not watching this crap fest, I saw a comment about Drew and Kim and I'm curious what the opinion was about their chemistry or potential. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Now since I'm not watching this crap fest, I saw a comment about Drew and Kim and I'm curious what the opinion was about their chemistry or potential. 

Ehhhh...it's OK.  I like her with Julian better, from a chemistry standpoint.  I still think Billy and Becky sparked the best together, but I doubt they'd go to that well again.

• Love 4

I didn't like Jason/Drew and Liz at the time they were together (probably because I knew Liz's character was being flushed down the drain), but I think they have developed pretty good chemistry over the past few years.  But, for me, it's #anyonebutFranco.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, dubbel zout said:

Shouldn't Jason have mentioned Ava's help during the escape tale? I hate how their relationship was totally dropped.

Yes! That was the most interesting part about that whole storyline, to me. I’m not a big Ava fan in general, but I do enjoy her in unexpected pairings like this one, and with Nicholas.  Having Ava and Jason develop a friendship, or even a mutual respect based on shared experience may have brought out new dimensions in both characters.  But I guess the writers feel 2 dimensions are enough, at least for Jason.

Yeah, but then it was revealed that SHE KILLED MORGAN!!!1!!! and Jason went stone-col... well, he considered and friendship OVER and DONE WITH.

15 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Was it explained why Joss and Oscar were in the hospital when they were talking about how great the editorial/article he wrote for the school paper was?  Because I have a teenager, and I would bet my house that kiddo and friends don't go to hospitals to chat.

Not explained, but it's probably a combination of Carly keeping Joss on a short leash because Carly, and Oscar at his mom's place of work so they can talk.

• Love 2

Joss twisted her ankle or something during volleyball practice and the coach wanted her to get it looked at. Of course there was no mention of her actually seeing any doctor while they were at the hospital.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sure. Just let me find Billy Miller so I can sit on his lap and hold a remote in my hand and take a picture of us and caption it "Heatlifer, pls FF!"

And then BM and I will hold each other and weep about GH.

Is this before or after he bites your shoulder?

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Next she'll be telling Jason had Drew almost forced her to move out of Port Charles.

And, again, I say: for the woman who cried and cried over her broken womb, she really doesn't seem the least bit interested in her "miracle babies."

She has never given off a mother vibe. She has forever been more about being Jason's girlfriend or wife.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Especially while nothing of the kind is going on with the teens or twentysomethings.

The actors are both very pretty, but they should be playing guiding grandparents to 20yos in triangles, not acting like this

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She has never given off a mother vibe. She has forever been more about being Jason's girlfriend or wife.

I don't know, when Jason got docked I never thought, "oh man Sam's gonna be terrible with Danny." Watching Maxie yesterday I was "uuum I don't know about this".

• Love 2

It's lucky for me Lucy is really only brought out of storage for the Nurses' Ball, because she bugs the absolute shit out of me. Always interrupting and rudely pushing her own agenda, I just can't abide her behavior. We were FINALLY getting somewhere with Anna and Finn until Lucy busted in. Their conversation was really nicely done, too, it's a shame it got derailed before Anna got to the heart of the issue.

It still feels icky that Franco's contacting Harvey's victims, but this softer, more vulnerable Franco is infinitely preferable to the ill-mannered jerk he was before, so I hope he doesn't revert back. It would also help a lot if he and Liz could have a storyline that wasn't centered firmly around Franco's issues, she deserves more than the ancillary role she's been relegated to in this relationship.

Sonny's such a child, he seriously can't handle that Ava's besting him at his own game. I doubt it'll last, but for now it's very satisfactory to see Sonny gnash his teeth and wring his hands in the face of Ava's perfectly legitimate push for custody. 

Is there anything Valentin can't do? Now he's the stork who delivered baby Henrik to Faison's arms. Jesus, this is turning into such a mess. The show would be better served to focus on Anna and Henrik in the here and now and stop inventing ways to wedge Valentin into Anna's history.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's lucky for me Lucy is really only brought out of storage for the Nurses' Ball, because she bugs the absolute shit out of me. Always interrupting and rudely pushing her own agenda, I just can't abide her behavior. We were FINALLY getting somewhere with Anna and Finn until Lucy busted in. Their conversation was really nicely done, too, it's a shame it got derailed before Anna got to the heart of the issue.

It still feels icky that Franco's contacting Harvey's victims, but this softer, more vulnerable Franco is infinitely preferable to the ill-mannered jerk he was before, so I hope he doesn't revert back. It would also help a lot if he and Liz could have a storyline that wasn't centered firmly around Franco's issues, she deserves more than the ancillary role she's been relegated to in this relationship.

Sonny's such a child, he seriously can't handle that Ava's besting him at his own game. I doubt it'll last, but for now it's very satisfactory to see Sonny gnash his teeth and wring his hands in the face of Ava's perfectly legitimate push for custody. 

Is there anything Valentin can't do? Now he's the stork who delivered baby Henrik to Faison's arms. Jesus, this is turning into such a mess. The show would be better served to focus on Anna and Henrik in the here and now and stop inventing ways to wedge Valentin into Anna's history.

Convince me that there is anything about him that would strike anything even remotely resembling fear in Helena?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lucy bugs me, too, but let's face it, if the writers weren't ready for them to have that convo, something else would have interrupted them.

46 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sonny's such a child, he seriously can't handle that Ava's besting him at his own game. I doubt it'll last, but for now it's very satisfactory to see Sonny gnash his teeth and wring his hands in the face of Ava's perfectly legitimate push for custody

Sonny is the epitome of someone who can dish it out but can't take it.  I just read The Godfather and everybody was like "we understand, it was just business."  That, of course, didn't stop them from getting retribution or they would have lost "respect" but there was not all this whining about how things weren't fair.

• Love 3

Like I've said, I'm honestly just amused by this retcon crap of Sam and Drew's relationship because aside from it just being really lazy and bullshit writing, it makes me wonder if the writers themselves realize how dull and borderline anemic KeMo and Steve Burton are together at this point.

And so since they can't sell the reunion on the strength of their super amazing chemistry and passion, the only other option is to diminish Sam's relationship with Drew, so Jason must look like the superior option. Again, I find the whole thing so pitifully transparent that all I can do is laugh. 

This. I was always a JaSam fan, but having now seen KeMo with both BM and SB, she sparks so much more with BM.

And this retcon of the Sam and Drew relationship is just bull crap. Sam was always her own person with Drew, contrary to what Jason has been saying. With Jason, it's like she's puppy-dogging after him. I can't wait for the first time Jason puts her in harm's way because of his "business."

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Baxter said:

I can't wait for the first time Jason puts her in harm's way because of his "business."

Or when he inevitably puts Sonny, Carly, Michael, Michael's baby, and everyone else ahead of her (and Dany) and she's all like yeah, go, I understand.

I thought one of the saddest things last week was when Drew told Liz that he missed Jake and to tell him he said hi. Like Jake and Dany have essentially lost a stable father figure in their lives because Jason came back.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Lucy bugs me, too, but let's face it, if the writers weren't ready for [Anna and Finn] to have that convo, something else would have interrupted them.

I cannot understand why those two keep dancing around the real issue—their feelings for each other.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

This side of Sonny alternately amuses and exasperates me. It amuses me that whenever someone uses Sonny's tactics against him, that person is the worst and playing unfair and all of that nonsense. It exasperates me because Sonny never admits that he's not the only one who can play that game.

It cracked me up when Sam told Curtis that she and Drew had thoroughly vetted Peter August, and then he tells her uh, actually, there's very little history to find, so LWB/FS is either a fake or a ghost. Crack background check you did, Sam.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I thought one of the saddest things last week was when Drew told Liz that he missed Jake and to tell him he said hi. Like Jake and Dany have essentially lost a stable father figure in their lives because Jason came back.

Nothing is stopping him from seeing Jake. Elizabeth is fine with them spending time together.

"That little girl has been shuffling around in her life too much already!" What?! Avery rarely stays with Ava, so any "shuffling" is minimal.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracked me up when Sam told Curtis that she and Drew had thoroughly vetted Peter August, and then he tells her uh, actually, there's very little history to find, so LWB/FS is either a fake or a ghost. Crack background check you did, Sam.

But she's a PI, and damn "good at it!"  Jokes.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Crack background check you did, Sam.

She's a crack P.I.  Also a crack financeer -- is she just going to give Drew her shares in Aurora because she wants to play in a different sandbox now?

I liked Anna and Finn.  Until I saw Finn with Alexis and Anna with Robert. Both those latter couple spark more than Anna/Finn. Maybe because there's less angst and more fun.

• Love 5

Another thing with Franco contacting Jim Harvey's victims. What if that person had suppressed the memory, like Franco did ? So you have this stranger calling you and saying, hey remember when Jim Harvey molested you ? Um, no I don't. But thanks for reaching in my brain and pulling that awful memory out. None of your god dammed business Franco. And Liz. I know they're redeeming Franco, but this step is just over the top and unnecessary. JMO

• Love 6

So Sam can recognize a search in progress because she used to be a PI, a good one? Um, even I could have figured it out what with the flashlight and black gloves. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Benji said:

Another thing with Franco contacting Jim Harvey's victims. What if that person had suppressed the memory, like Franco did ? So you have this stranger calling you and saying, hey remember when Jim Harvey molested you ? Um, no I don't. But thanks for reaching in my brain and pulling that awful memory out. None of your god dammed business Franco.

Or what if they do remember but don't need some stranger calling them saying, "Hey, remember when Jim Harvey molested you?" It's so selfish. Franco is doing this to make himself feel better, not to help the people he's calling. Why hasn't Kevin pointed that out to him? (Not that it would matter to Franco, of course.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Robert F. Scorpio makes everything better. Do you think perhaps he might see his brother while in town?  I want him to stay forever. Even TV Guide mentioned how special he is.

Drew kissing Elizabeth's head was kinda cute. Maybe it could heal her of this Franco fixation.

I prefer Finn/Anna to Finn/Alexis but while this son of Faison foolishness is going on I'll deal with Finn/Alexis.

Franco contacting the Jim Harvey victims seems wrong.  If it must be done maybe a letter would be better than a phone, a little less invasive. Like others have said this is more about Franco's pain resolution than helping the other victims.  Seems mighty selfish.

The animal tranquilizer I  requested for Nina can also be shared with Lucy.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

So Sam can recognize a search in progress because she used to be a PI, a good one? Um, even I could have figured it out what with the flashlight and black gloves. 

She overestimates her mad PI skills.  Also, way to pull out "I'll call the cops " so she'll tell him who hired him.  Guess that's her fallback when Jason isn't there with his gun or Spinelli with some cyber blackmail.

• Love 4

Sam, you're still wearing the same clothes you had on in Switzerland.  Isn't it time to take a shower and change, sweetie?  And you could check on your beloved children.

• Love 6

In watching the scene of Jason, Sam and Spinelli bringing the case of stuff to Anna. it occurred to me: has Anna ever met or spoken to Spinelli before?   Also, the petty part of me wanted Anna to say - in front of Jason - "Hi Sam, I've barely seen you since you were engaged to Patrick and ready to raise Emma as your own."  I will assume Jason still doesn't know that Danny had cancer, either.

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

First, I will never stop yelling that this RETCON IS UTTER BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT! And I will NEVEREVER ACCEPT THIS. ROBIN is Anna's only LIVING child. ???????? As for the bolded, well, back when this show was GOOD, it did possess subtlety, gravitas, knew how to play the emotional beats, etc.

Tristan/Robert is the BEST.

Please see my ranting post above. ???????

He's too good for this show.

Dana Reeves, widow of the late great Christopher Reeves, also died of lung cancer, and I don't think she was a smoker, either.

I've always wondered if the acute stress of dealing with his condition contributed.  Radon is the #1 cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.  I've lived in two houses where I had to have radon mitigation before selling.  Add to that I grew up with two parents who smoked in the home, my house was the gathering place every weekend for a large group of smokers, and my radon exposure, I'm pretty sure I'll be a life-time non-smoker who's added to the statistics.  I'm a pessimist like that.  Ironically, I've now moved to Georgia where no one even cares about radon (unlike Illinois) so they don't even force mitigation, and I'm probably rolling in the radon waves as we speak.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Watching Drew kiss Liz's forehead gave me warm fuzzies.

I know it wasn't meant that way, but forehead kisses always feel patronizing to me. They're like a warmer pat on the head.

That said, I appreciate the affection between Drew and Elizabeth. At least not everyone has cut him because he's not Jason.

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Linny said:

The show spent weeks planting the seeds of Jordan being sick by making her cough all over the place, and after acknowledging her health scare once she immediately gets a clean bill of health? Okay? What an unnecessary and strange way to facilitate Curtis proposing, but he sold the hell out of those scenes. It sucks that he put everything on the line and Jordan's too blind and scared to take him seriously.

It bugs me so much that Joss and Oscar are in this insular teenage bubble. No only do they desperately need some contemporaries (*cough* time to age up Cam *cough*) but they also need to do something other than talk about their parents. I still only get a friendship vibe with Drew and Kim, her real chemistry is with Julian.

I'm sad our five minutes with Lucas was only used to pat Julian on the back. He has a husband and a whole family to interact with, and this is how the show uses him? 

Sam and Jason said the words Huxley and fate and I tuned right the fuck out, because I couldn't care less about any of those components. Your fate is to be boring and passionless, the end.

Finn and Alexis deciding to revisit their one night of sex and subsequently mauling each other was hilarious. I don't know where we're going with these two, but I'm here for it. 

I agree.  I actually greatly preferred teen friends Langston and Marrko over Cole/Hope of OLTL.  I'm over the cutesy actress playing Emma and it's time to SORAS the character.  Since Robin is never going to come back permanently, let Emma go into full on teen rebellion and come to live with Anna.  The teens have to be linked in to major characters to make them more significant.  Wasn't Langston Dorian's "daughter"?  Give it a year or two and add Noah.  SORAS Spencer to rebuild the Cassadines.  What about Lilah?  I never bought that Skye was a Q but Lilah can come live at the mansion and help build a true teen scene.  The key is hiring teens who can act - which has not been done on this show in twenty years, IMO.

ETA:  I was referring to Lucky/Nik/Liz/Emily, but forgot about the more recent George/Maxie/Dillon.  So maybe it's been fifteen years since good teen stories?  Too long.  They used to realize these stories sucked in kids on summer break.  I think they write now solely to appeal to the senior long-term audience.  That's why my mom still watches and adores the triad of suck.

Edited by RedheadZombie
Correction
  • Love 4

GH has no clue what to do with teens/tweens.

The little actor that plays Cam could still be used in stories with Josslyn/Oscar and just have folks state that he clearly gets his youthful appearance from his mother!   

Sam and the word PI has always been a joke, IMO.

I heart Curtis!

Elizabeth still can't watch the stench that is Franco off!  Blech.

• Love 3