Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This show, based on these awful posts here (not posters! The content of the show!), is one big turd. I cannot believe it won fucking Emmys. UGH. And if they kill Robert to service Frank's little pets... <Growls low in my throat>

As it is, Anna sounds like a lost cause thanks to this baby shit.

What a colossal wreck.

• Love 6
(edited)

and if they kill Robert to service Frank's little pets... <Growls low in my throat>

Are you just throwing this out there or is there anything substantive that would indicate that Robert Scorpio is going to be killed?  His role as super duper secret agent necessitates him being in life-threatening situations in every plot that has to do with his profession. 

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Are you just throwing this out there or is there anything substantive that would indicated that Robert Scorpio is going to be killed?  His role as super duper secret agent necessitates him being in life-threatening situations in every plot that has to do with his profession. 

I haven't heard anything, but based on how that weaselly, whiny, stuttering, Anna obsessed Valentin, managed to dose Robert! Robert!FUCKING!Scorpio, while giving the ruse of another case he left/was working on to help Anna, is what had me ranting on the previous page about this. And trying to make Peter/Henrik/Heinrich this new Big Bad who managed to "arrange to take care of Scorpio" is giving me RAGE BLACKOUTS! @dubbel zout, I need some of your XANAX!!! Like that pipsqueak is anywhere near the AWESOMENESS of Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think barring whatever feelings Anna had for her unborn child, I find it highly questionable that she was able to hide her pregnancy and take off a few months to have the baby without no one at the agency finding out.

I will not be at all shocked to learn—from Valentin, of course, since he's the current version of Johnny's guys—that the WSB wanted Anna to get pregnant with Faison's kid all along, so they could use him/her to blackmail/control/manipulate Faison and Anna at a later date.

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As it is, Anna sounds like a lost cause thanks to this baby shit.

All she does is cry or tear up. She's thisclose to be dead to me because of this crap. Anna F! Devane is almost dead to me. It gives me a hole in my heart as big as the moon.

• Love 9

Carly having the balls to accuse Temp!Monica of being nice to Nelle as payback for what Carly did to AJ - you know, little things like ruining his life and COVERING FOR HIS MURDERER - made me murderous.

Why is Spencer calling Jake for his birthday?  They are not and never were friends, Show.  And I hope Jake was counting Lucky among his 3 dads, but you never know with this stupid show.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly having the balls to accuse Temp!Monica of being nice to Nelle as payback for what Carly did to AJ - you know, little things like ruining his life and COVERING FOR HIS MURDERER - made me murderous.

Why is Spencer calling Jake for his birthday?  They are not and never were friends, Show.  And I hope Jake was counting Lucky among his 3 dads, but you never know with this stupid show.

Who? Please.  Raising Jake and truly mourning his "death" mean nothing.  Jake's three dads are Jason, Drew, and Franco. 

All together now: "THIS FAKAKTA SHOW!"

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Who? Please.  Raising Jake and truly mourning his "death" mean nothing.  Jake's three dads are Jason, Drew, and Franco. 

All together now: "THIS FAKAKTA SHOW!"

I don't know that I would say that Lucky "raised" Jake.  How old was Jake when he "died?"  Wasn't he like a toddler?  Have they mentioned Lucky having any communication since Jake came back to life?  I mean, I watch so casually that they could have.  I'm actually asking.

At this point Ava would be better off telling Griffin to hit the road instead of single-handedly trying to salvage the scraps of their relationship. Dude has been holding her at an emotional distance for months now, all but oozes contempt for her and her decisions, and uses the first major roadblock of conflict as an excuse to bounce. She can do better.

I know I was supposed to think "Aw, Jason and Jake are bonding!" but really what I want to know is what took Jason so long to make this effort? He can't just show up on Christmas and Jake's birthday bringing gifts and believe he's done his due diligence. He could easily spare a few hours a week to hang with Jake at Kelly's or wherever if getting to know his son was a priority. It's not a priority, though, not as much as chasing Henrik and sad blinking at Sam and kissing Carly's ass, so his interest at playing father to Jake smacks of too little, too late.

Carly always deserves a glass of STFU, but today calls for a double. The audacity of her getting in Monica's face and implying self-destructive AJ got what was coming for him was bad enough, but then to accuse Monica of making Nelle's baby a Quartermaine out of spite was almost worse. That baby IS a Quartermaine containing not a drop of Corinthos blood and Monica has every right to take pleasure in experiencing the birth of AJ's grandchild. Just because Carly's too heinous to celebrate this baby doesn't mean Monica can't be happy and kind to Nelle. 

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't know that I would say that Lucky "raised" Jake.  How old was Jake when he "died?"  Wasn't he like a toddler?  Have they mentioned Lucky having any communication since Jake came back to life?  I mean, I watch so casually that they could have.  I'm actually asking.

Lucky certainly did more raising than Jason ever did.

Lucky's also the one who found out Jake was still alive and rescued him from Cassadine Island, which everyone on the show seems to have forgotten.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucky's also the one who found out Jake was still alive and rescued him from Cassadine Island, which everyone on the show seems to have forgotten.

I didn't know that.  That's what casual watching gets you:)  I haven't watched all that much since the ridiculous text message killer story.  The TMK killed my love of the show, LOL.

(edited)

With whom? If she's not with Griffin, she's alone. (That's the better choice, I totally agree.)

Scotty?  They both love a good cocktail, hate the Corinthii, and Scotty certainly wouldn't subject her to any lectures on morality.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I love Stella's necklace. Me want. That's my biggest takeaway from this episode.

Ned is a pretty bad mayor if he can't get any FEMA funding for an earthquake.  Olivia is even worse as the first lady.  (Kudos to LLC for turning a deliberately cringe-worthy performance.)

The GH sign the video showed said "Tenth floor: operating rooms, post op/recovery rooms, intensive care units, triage".  Why is triage on the tenth floor?  Shouldn't it be on the main floor with the emergency department?  And if they have ten floors, shouldn't the ICUs on a separate floor?  Except for the surgical ICU, ICUs are usually on one of the medical floors because the problems in ICUs tend to be medical.

Woobie Jason isn't any more enticing than woobie Franco. "Drew helps Jake with math and Franco helps him with art."  Instead of sitting there with a hangdog face Jason, offer to take him outside and play some ball with him. Maybe he'll start liking phys ed too.  Also, it would have been nice to have Jason talk about Jake inheriting his art talent from his mother. It wouldn't kill you to acknowledge Liz's contribution.  Poor Liz, she's got really bad luck with her baby daddies.  Zander is dead, Lucky is on another continent and Jason is too busy with Carly, Sonny and Henrik to spend time with his son. No wonder she's so grateful for any attention Franco and Drew give the boys.

Why is the Jake actor better than SBu?  Him I believe that he's desperately searching to connect.

I like Steve dealing Franco truth tea.  Better than Kevin having to do it.  I also like the bit of business of Franco colouring the place mat in his anxiety.

I'm no lawyer but it seems to me that Niagara Equities should have had insurance so there's that money.  And yes, tie it up in court so that you get at least the attention and maybe some of the funds.

Why does Temp Monica have black roots?  I thought people dyed their hair when it was turning grey, not dyed their hair grey when its still it's natural colour.

• Love 5

Monica - temp or otherwise - should just "accidentally" jab Carly with a sedative that will shut Carly up for the next 150 years. Carly has BALLS to even utter AJ's name in Monica's presence.

• Love 18

My "shut up Carly" moment came not with Monica but when she was ranting at Griffin. Talking about standing by Ava when he knows about her crimes? And sure, Carly screwed with AJ but he was self-destructive anyway! Ava messing with Morgan was bad because Morgan only wrote journals and baked gingerbread houses.

Uuuuuuugh.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

OMG!!!! Temp Monica was the little girl from The Bad Seed - one of the creepiest movies ever!!  I looked her up bc her name sounded familiar.

I wish Temp Monica, Patty McCormack, would channel Rhoda Penmark, her character in the Bad Seed, and get rid of Carly and Sonny.

• Love 12

Jason could not spend time bonding with Jake, because his son and Elizabeth are on prop duty for Franco.  All ROADS start and end with serial killer Franco taking over Elizabeth and Jake's lives.  Blech.

I liked that Jason and Jake were both nervous, but this idiot show should have had these scenes after the Jason/Drew reveals.   But the show decided it was more important to attempt a lame ass triangle between SaD and JaSam where we have KeMo and BM selling the heck out of their pairing.  Jason should have been bonding with Jake, Danny, telling CarSon to grow the eff up and finding out about his missing years.

• Love 5

I like the undercurrent of contempt and menace Temp!Monica is giving the character.

Franco sucks. He's the one who made the call to Steven to talk about Jim Harvey, and he can't even be bothered to be on time for the meeting? Ugh. He also harangues Steven for where he works? Double ugh. Someone needs to shoot Franco into the sun.

I loved Lucy's incredulous "Charlie?" when she heard what Kim calls Julian. We are one, Ms. Coe.

Oh, when Elizabeth said the call for Jake was international, I thought it would be Lucky, silly me.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

(Kudos to LLC for turning a deliberately cringe-worthy performance.)

That video was hilarious.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Scotty?  They both love a good cocktail, hate the Corinthii, and Scotty certainly wouldn't subject her to any lectures on morality.

Methinks Scotty isn't young and virile enough for Ava.  She likes them fresh and ah, tender.  Scotty and Ava work best as partners-in-crime, so to speak.

• Love 4

Carly snarling at Griffin about how Sonny "has Avery AS MUCH AS AVA does!" just reiterates how it's all a pissing contest for her (and him).  They cannot stand the thought of someone having ~more than them.  God, I just wish someone would punch her smug, perhaps-injectablely altered face in.

• Love 16

And a big STFU and die to: Nelle, Carly, Olivia, Lucy, Jason, Franco...

Good to see you Patty McCormack. Little Rhonda from the Bad Seed was a bitch with a plan who could really teach Nelle a few things.

Do the networks still have sweeps in May? I'm not getting a sense of the show building toward anything monumental, just more mediocre/tiresome storytelling. I want to see Robert, Drew and Curtis do anything together.

I'm still enjoying Kim because she seems sensible. I hope that continues (fat chance).

Why is Spencer wishing Jake Happy Birthday? Weren't they  enemies? Is this a set up for summer hijinks? No thanks,

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, paisley said:

Why is Spencer wishing Jake Happy Birthday? Weren't they  enemies? Is this a set up for summer hijinks? No thanks,

Spencer and Jake's older brother whathsiface were rivals for Emma.

• Love 3

Is the actor with Franco at Kelly’s anyone? He looks familiar. Another soap? A Disney Show? Anyway, he did well.

Temp Monica was okay but temps are never as good as the real actor. Back in the 80’s they’d used themp actors all the time. It was quite normal. Now, they hardly ever do it. They tend to shoot out of order and tape far enough in advance. Back then they were lucky if they had Christmas off and needed to replace actors because they were everyday 365 days out of the year. I remember when I started watching OLTL and Christine Jones was filling in for Erika Slezak who was on maternity leave. When Slezak returned I was like, “Why did they replace this actress (who I really liked) with this blonde actress?”. I had no idea who Erika Slezak was and didn’t know her history with the show. God! I miss the 80’s. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

Griffin is already an idiot, but then he stood there and allowed Carly to lash out at him for not helping Sonny, since he is Mike's doctor, for being with Ava, and other things I cannot remember.  Why would he stay at her hotel after that?  And why is he such a wimp?  I really hope Ava just gives up on him.  There's always Chance (is that the new cop's name?).

I do like Nelle and the way she annoys the hell out of Carly.  I don't think she had to blackmail Ava into bringing Avery to the baby shower, that is something Ava would have come up with on her own.

I liked TempMonica, a lot.

• Love 15
(edited)

And why is he such a wimp? 

Griffin was in full-on RAGE mode against a mother who wanted to be with her natural child who is residing with folks that are not any better than Ava - not a good look for the priest/doc.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Griffin is already an idiot, but then he stood there and allowed Carly to lash out at him for not helping Sonny, since he is Mike's doctor, for being with Ava, and other things I cannot remember.  Why would he stay at her hotel after that?  And why is he such a wimp?  I really hope Ava just gives up on him.  There's always Chance (is that the new cop's name?).

I do like Nelle and the way she annoys the hell out of Carly.  I don't think she had to blackmail Ava into bringing Avery to the baby shower, that is something Ava would have come up with on her own.

I liked TempMonica, a lot.

I yelled at the TV when Carly was on her rant with Griffn, "Well I sure as hell wouldn't stay in that hotel, dammit."  But you know he will.   Such an idiot.   And I like him, dammit.

• Love 5

I got pissed when Griffin went off on Ava about bringing up the priest thing.  Well, Jackdandy, you did yell at her that you gave up your calling for her. So is it only okay for you to bring up the priest thing? 

Also, I'm annoyed that they ever even went the whole Doctor/Priest angle.  It was all for Claudette to be a cheating wife and then that storyline about her being alive was completely dropped.  I'm guessing that's because RP left, but I don't see why they can't drop the priest part now. 

Further, I find it very off putting that he was willing to sleep with Ava and even move in with her for a while but still claim these deep religious convictions and being conflicted about Ava's actions.  We all know premarital sex is against the Catholic church.  Why would he be all fine and dandy with that and have issues with Ava manipulating the situation to actually get 50/50 custody with her child?  Too hypocritical for me. At least have him struggle with his desire to sleep with Ava and his desire to abstain or have him drop the "holier than thou" attitude altogether. 

• Love 5

I like the way Ava handled Lucy, with such finess. She still gave Lucy a valid check, probably for the same amount, without falling all over herself to explain and apologize for the odd vanishing ink. She didn't satisfy Lucy's rude questions and curiosity.

That was a classic example of why I admire Ava. Furthermore, she didn't attempt to control Griffin when he moved out. She was disappointed and confused, since she still cares for him, even after his rants. But she gave him space. Such good writing and acting for the Ava character delights and touches my heart! I wish everyone could see her as I do.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Anyone know if today's episode is going to be aired?  President Trump has scheduled a press conference at 2 PM EST. 

I'm going to venture that it will be available online/ on demand.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

Compared with what Lucy had on her last year, and what she went through, ..... it was weaksauce.

Ava is going to get blamed for knowing Nelle's plans, which will be used for leverage by Sonny/Carly to take Avery.... I would have liked it better if Sonny/Carly thought Ava was behind Carly's gaslighting, and Ava didn't know about it.

It looks like they'll tie up the Port Charles Earthquake/Jim Harvey storylines together.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Who was Olivia's video supposed to attract?  Because highlighting two places to eat and a hospital doesn't exactly scream "Come visit Port Charles!"

It was just an example of what a promo video could look like, not the actual promo video.

(edited)
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I loved Lucy's incredulous "Charlie?" when she heard what Kim calls Julian. We are one, Ms. Coe.

That was funny, but should Lucy really be chucking stones in nicknaming your lover glasses house?

Lucy and Doc, siiiigh.

Edited by TeeVee329
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Who was Olivia's video supposed to attract?  Because highlighting two places to eat and a hospital doesn't exactly scream "Come visit Port Charles!"

So amateur. Griffin's statements about the hospital were purely banal generalities. The food shown at Kelly's was a simple BLT, apparently. An expert marketer Olivia is not.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The food shown at Kelly's was a simple BLT, apparently. An expert marketer Olivia is not.

Maybe she is, if the world at large is familiar with crazy Heather and her Kelly's BLT obsession.

• Love 1

Drew to Jason  "I was a better you."

Me "You still are."  That's pure torture, having to live with Jason's memories.

Otherwise, boring. Why does Olivia have to be made so awful? JPS made cry face. Maxie, Lula and Nina did stuff. Sam continues to be pointless.

• Love 16

So are we leading up to a different version of Sonny shooting Dante and Olivia shouting "you shot your son", but with Peter shooting Anna and Valentin shouting "you shot your mother"?  Because it sure looks like it, and since I saw the first version I don't really need to see a newer one.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So amateur. Griffin's statements about the hospital were purely banal generalities. The food shown at Kelly's was a simple BLT, apparently. An expert marketer Olivia is not.

33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Olivia's video was embarrassing.  It had that home-made look about it, and she looked like a game show presenter. 

It wasn't supposed to look professional—it was merely an example of what a real promo video for the city could look like. Olivia mentioned that to Ned before she showed it to him.

• Love 2