Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Franco: Maybe some of Harvey's victims don't care if he's dead or alive. They're not all you.

Or that the last person that they would want to talk about their molestor is famed serial killer Franco.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Jason:  I can't let you go into danger like that. You're Robin's mother. 

STFU Jason. The way he and Sonny take power away from women is awful.  Anna has more ability and smarts in her little finger than you have in your whole body.

Hey St. Fucking Jasus - Anna Devane was dealing with Faison and tackling Cassadines back when you were still wearing Reindeer Sweaters.  Chill dude.

• Love 7

As a victim of molestation as a child, I can say having some random person call me decades later to tell me the guy is dead would totally traumatize me. That is not going to bring me any "relief" and it's going to upset any "normalacy" I might have going.  

I was hoping Nina was stalling and then would spy on Valentine and Henrik. I want her to figure them out, and I want her to leave Valentin over it. 

More than that, I want Anna to stop fucking crying. Did she even cry this much over Robin?!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Or that the last person that they would want to talk about their molestor is famed serial killer Franco.

I find it unrealistic that all of Harvey's victims were totally okay with talking to Franco on the phone about Jim Harvey. What if one of them had repressed the memory like Franco had and them being called and notified of Jim Harvey's death triggered them and brought all of that torment back for them?

• Love 6

The writers should have watched Law & Order: SVU episodes before writing this drivel. 

Franco must be a "hero" at all costs. I find all of this so uncomfortable. 90% of me hopes the buy who wants to meet him face to face will punch his nose in for sticking it where it doesn't belong. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

More than that, I want Anna to stop fucking crying. Did she even cry this much over Robin?!  

I guess Kelly Monaco has handed over the Designated Cryer crown to Finola Hughes.

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I find it unrealistic that all of Harvey's victims were totally okay with talking to Franco on the phone about Jim Harvey.

I was a bit too enraged to listen closely, but did Franco say everyone appreciated the call? I know at least one person hung up/didn't answer. And it would be nice if someone again pointed out to Franco that he's doing this for himself. I mean, he can heal however he chooses, but forcing other survivors to be a part of it is deeply gross. He couldn't have just set up a Facebook page or something?

• Love 6

I think if Franco really thinks the victims would feel better knowing what happened to Jim Harvey, a letter would be the way to go.  He can put his contact info on it if he wants, but that leaves it up to others how much, if any, of the letter they read. And, whether they wish to discuss anything with him.  If they're in therapy they would probably rather discuss it there.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, nilyank said:

Yeah, my mind went elsewhere. Finn distanced himself shortly after his father remarried and had a new son. I actually am suspecting that Finn may have fooled around with his stepmom and he is Chase's real father.

I've certainly been getting a vibe that Finn is Chase's dad, but never thought about him sleeping with his stepmon.  YIKES, that's messed up, isn't it?  I kinda love it, too!

• Love 3

I'm still confused about the Lucy/Carly scene.  I think we were supposed to think that Lucy may whip out the check that suddenly turned blank, but she didn't.  I don't know why Lucy was stuck giving Carly the pep talk.  Other than (barely) interacting once yearly at the Nurses' Ball, do they even know each other?

• Love 2

Lucy and Carly know each other, but they aren’t usually ever in the same stories. Yesterday’s scenes were kind of WTF, but as Lucy has lost a kid (right?), she wasn’t the worst person to talk to Carly.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lucy and Carly know each other, but they aren’t usually ever in the same stories. Yesterday’s scenes were kind of WTF, but as Lucy has lost a kid (right?), she wasn’t the worst person to talk to Carly.

Her mother has also lost a kid.  Monica's lost 6 billion kids, but I can see why they wouldn't want to talk.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Lucy has lost a kid (right?)

I don't think she has.  There was BJ, I guess, who had been her stepdaughter.  And she had at least one miscarriage with Kevin on "Port Charles".  But unless Christina has been erased from existence...

• Love 2

It took me a few seconds to place Chet, I guess my brain did a better job of suppressing Ask Man Landers than I realized.  I think it would have been more poignant to have Amy talk to Maxie instead, but maybe the actress wasn't available. We just don't know Chet well enough for him to convey the emotional depth those scenes required. Maxie and Peter's joy over feeling the baby kick, however, was well done. Their connection is genuine despite the lie at the heart of it, and I'm enjoying everything between them.

Robert brings so much quiet gravitas to the show, he's really of a whole different caliber. If this is how the show leaves things, with him getting bested by fucking Valentin, I'm never going to stop screaming.

"I should make a onesie that says 'Hey, my mom's a bitch!'" Takes one to know one, Carly. Be sure to make a matching t-shirt for Michael while you're at it.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

"I should make a onesie that says 'Hey, my mom's a bitch!'" Takes one to know one, Carly. Be sure to make a matching t-shirt for Michael while you're at it.

She really gets a sick thrill out of turning kids against their parents, doesn't she.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but...Chet was randomly there?  And Nina called Donna Mills in prison?  That's a whole bunch of random in one episode.

Peter initially reached out to Madeleine Reeves in prison and to Leisl to get memorabilia re Nathan.   And then Nina touched base with them to confirm - after which she called off Curtis's investigation into Peter. 

Edited by Aurora2
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think she has.  There was BJ, I guess, who had been her stepdaughter.  And she had at least one miscarriage with Kevin on "Port Charles".  But unless Christina has been erased from existence...

Lucy has had at least one other miscarriage, when she was married to Alan. Though I'm not sure if he or Scotty was the father.

2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Lucy has had at least one other miscarriage, when she was married to Alan. Though I'm not sure if he or Scotty was the father.

She also had a miscarriage when she was carrying Jake's baby when he was married to Bobbie.  They were going to adopt the baby.  Which is what made it a bad idea for Scott and Dominique to choose her as a surrogate when they were only going to get the one chance.  

31 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

That worked out, though. Mostly.

And Lucy "lost" Serena for at least a few years, when Scotty was raising her on his own in Canada or wherever.

Sure it worked out. But, statistically it was not a good bet to make.  At that point, Lucy was 0 for 2 on pregnancies.  Dominique was dying.  If Lucy lost that baby, there wouldn't be a chance for another one.  Or course, I find it a little odd to want to make a baby when I know for a fact I'm not going to be around for him/her, but that's another story.

• Love 1

Valentin told Peter that the plan to deal with Robert Scorpio was in motion.

While I'm always glad to see more TR on my screen, kidnapping Robert to hide Valentin and Peter's complicity seems so random.  Are they telling me that Robert could have figured it out while the combination of Anna and Jason can't?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

That worked out, though. Mostly.

And Lucy "lost" Serena for at least a few years, when Scotty was raising her on his own in Canada or wherever.

She also "lost" Christina for those years when Julie kidnapped her. 

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are they telling me that Robert could have figured it out while the combination of Anna and Jason can't?

Checks out to me.  Anna's blinded by maternal feels slash tears and Jason's an idiot.

And also, are we supposed to still think LWB/FS is not so bad a guy, Show, when he's helping to kidnap Robert?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Sure it worked out. But, statistically it was not a good bet to make.  At that point, Lucy was 0 for 2 on pregnancies.  Dominique was dying.  If Lucy lost that baby, there wouldn't be a chance for another one.  Or course, I find it a little odd to want to make a baby when I know for a fact I'm not going to be around for him/her, but that's another story.

Statistically, Maxie shouldn't be getting pregnant, either--not with a transplanted heart.  But the show constantly hand-waves what they don't want to deal with.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

[Carly] really gets a sick thrill out of turning kids against their parents, doesn't she.

Too bad she can't use that talent on her own kids.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And also, are we supposed to still think LWB/FS is not so bad a guy, Show, when he's helping to kidnap Robert?

The same way we're supposed to still think Sonny is not so bad a guy.

ETA:

In this episode's "Why Doesn't Lightning Strike Sonny for Hypocrisy?" moment: Michael asks Sonny to just let go of the stuff with Nelle so they can all have a decent relationship, and Sonny huffs how impossible that is. Yet, Sonny whined for days when Michael wouldn't move past Sonny SHOOTING AN UNARMED AJ IN THE CHEST. 

And Show, watching Sonny threaten another pregnant woman is not cool.

Of course Lulu believes the e-mail about LWB/FS's mother. Her investigative "skills" are so laughably nonexistent

• Love 13

So the most amazing that I saw on today's show was the personalized invitation that Monica sent to Carly for Nelle's baby shower.

"Love Monica."

WTF? Forget notes with disappearing ink from her dead son. That note was even more unbelievable.

• Love 1

Scott Sickles wrote yesterday's episode, so I have no doubt the name of the charity being "LEAF" was a shout-out to Nathan's tree nickname.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, dubbel zout said:

I was a bit too enraged to listen closely, but did Franco say everyone appreciated the call? I know at least one person hung up/didn't answer. And it would be nice if someone again pointed out to Franco that he's doing this for himself. I mean, he can heal however he chooses, but forcing other survivors to be a part of it is deeply gross. He couldn't have just set up a Facebook page or something?

The more I think about this campaign of Franco's, the more ill-advised it seems. Getting a letter or a call or a visit from a stranger who alleged to know something about secret childhood sexual abuse in my past would discomfort, shock, and alarm me. I am inclined to think that this is typical narcissist controlling behavior that is meant to raise very unpleasant feelings in the target. This behavior fits with Franco's past harmful and disturbing impulses to hurt, shock, and traumatize others. His insistence that it is "healing" is self-serving rationalization.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

So Franco tormenting and invading the privacy of strangers was just a way to introduce a new character, the one who wants to meet in person. Let’s just hope he has some torment of his own to unleash.

Can we get a spinoff soap centered around Drew and Curtis? They can solve mysteries, fight crime, or just hang out being generally awesome. As is, their scenes are the best thing going on this show.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

So Franco tormenting and invading the privacy of strangers was just a way to introduce a new character, the one who wants to meet in person. Let’s just hope he has some torment of his own to unleash.

The only thing worse than SERIAL KILLER!Franco is poor, misunderstood woobie!Franco. Having somebody "Franco" him will just be another tedious bid to make the murderhobo sympathetic.  I'd rather just have a break.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
(edited)

So, last guy on the list?  Odds on him being Harvey's actual son and coming to get revenge on Franco and Drew?

And... Finn.  I originally thought of the "he's really Chase's dad" idea, but I'm starting to think that Finn believes his dad is responsible for his mother being dead...

Edited by ouinason
more theories!
(edited)

"I've already given up one calling for you!" gets my "clunkiest line of the week" vote. I lol'ed, it was so ridiculous.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

"I've already given up one calling for you!"

Yeah, blame Ava for being unable to keep it in your pants.  Except, Claudette was first.  

Why hasn't Lucy noticed the disappearing ink yet?

Because Ava made a production of tucking the check into an envelope, where I presume Lucy either didn't look at it, or looked at it right away when the ink was still visible.   I'm sure it's coming, though.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm catching up on the last two weeks, zipping through everything except Robert and Anna. And here are my thoughts:

BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!???????

That Agent Anna, even if she was young and in "training" wouldn't have been on birth control to prevent a pregnancy; or that she thought the only way to get what she needed was to FUCK him in disguise. OR that she wouldn't get an abortion, should birth control fail.?????? She wasn't undercover, or given the assignment to start a relationship with him, which would have required her to fuck him.

And gee, I guess the WSB had scientists with mad skillz that knew how to recreate and implant a hymen inside Anna so when she and Robert made love for the first time, she was a virgin. THAT WAS CANON. And Robert ain't no fool that he wouldn't notice she wasn't a virgin. I don't have a problem if she wasn't a virgin; But it was stated she was. So, FUCK YOU, FRANK AND THE WRITERS WHO WROTE THAT PIECE OF INSULTING BULLSHIT IN. ????????

I just FUCKING LOVE ❤️❤️❤️❤️ROBERT!❤️❤️❤️❤️FUCKING!❤️❤️❤️❤️SCORPIO❤️❤️❤️❤️. That is all.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

OR that she wouldn't get an abortion, should birth control fail

I've never really gotten that selfish babykiller vibe from Anna.

(edited)

Not impressed with Emma’s grandparents at this point.

Robert gets points for pointing it out, but he stuck around and allowed Emma to stick around rather than taking Emma out of harm’s way and back to her parents and THEN going back to bail Anna out like he’s been doing most of his adult life (and paid a heavy price for bailing her out).

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 1

GOOD GOD! What has this show done to my Anna???!!!!????

Who is this pod person who looks like the KICKASS SPY I know and love? This moopyschmoopy constantly weeping WUSS, is NOT ANNA!FUCKING!DEVANE!!!!????

For those that don’t know her history, this is Horrendously out of character. And even those that do know her, you would think this Henrik/Heinrich whatever, was a child that had been kidnapped/TORRRRRN from her arms, and she’s just learned where he might be. It’s giving me uncontrollable RAGE BLACK OUTS.

The reasoning she gave Robert were so pathetic and stoopid. It gave me vibes that she wants to find him, ask for his forgiveness and a chance to undo whatever Faison did, and be a mother to him.?????????

I HATE this storyline. FUCKING HATE IT.

And these FUCKTOIDS better NOT FUCKING kill ROBERT. And by that weaselly Valentin.??????????

• Love 11

My history with Anna starts with AMC, so my view of her is slightly different than people who watched her in the 80's and such.  My only explanation of why she may be different now than back then is simply that she spent a large chunk of time living in a cabin in the woods not knowing who she was.  It's not like Robert, who played dead for 20 years.  Anna had brain trauma and had to get her memories back over time.

I can believe that she spent many years being OK with not knowing this child because it was the better and safer option.  I also don't find it hard to believe that Anna didn't get an abortion.  Look at Robin.  With all that was going on, and what she had to do to protect her, it would have been the better option then as well, but she didn't.  Some people just don't believe in it for themselves.  There isn't anything wrong with that.  Birth control methods were much less reliable back then than they are now, so a failure doesn't surprise me either.  The idea that Anna was ambitious so she obviously would have aborted is very simplistic. 

Not that i'm saying the writers are brilliant or that I like the story.  I still say that Faison faking her daughter's death and raising her himself would have been a better idea, but I get that you can only bring so many children back from the dead in a decade.

• Love 2

And... Finn.  I originally thought of the "he's really Chase's dad" idea, but I'm starting to think that Finn believes his dad is responsible for his mother being dead...

Could someone please explain to me why there seems to be at least twenty times as many scenes about Avery's custody than the story about a GH doctor and his cute, long-lost brother?

It probably wouldn't be as rage inducing to me if Avery didn't serve as a reminded of AJ's murder by Sonny and egged-on by Ava.  She was conceived in the Quartermaine family crypt on the day of AJ's funeral.  Meanwhile, two doctors (Matt and Stephen Larrs) are still in jail.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Birth control methods were much less reliable back then

"Back then" was the 1980s, LOL. There weren't as many varieties of the pill, but it was still highly effective if used properly. (That last part is always key.) There was also the diaphragm and the IUD. There's no way Anna would go into a possible honey trap without protection.

3 hours ago, ouinason said:

The idea that Anna was ambitious so she obviously would have aborted is very simplistic. 

For me it's not so much the ambition as the fact that the baby was conceived in a honey trap, and the father was someone she knew even then to be a horrible person. But Anna was, definitely, ambitious. An unplanned pregnancy in these circumstances is totes okay? Sorry, I will never buy it.

As always, the show relies way too much on the family angle to establish a character.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo; clarity
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

The idea that Anna was ambitious so she obviously would have aborted is very simplistic. 

A lot of people aren't going to get that because they just assume that any child who might in any way be the slightest inconvenience (much less a situatin like this) should be aborted by anyone and they simply can't understand that there are people that don't feel that way. And, I think the existence of Robin prove that Anna at least felt that way a little bit because Robin wasn't particularly convenient either.

• Love 3

Except that Robin was conceived with the man she LOVED. And just happened to be married to. So I can accept her having Robin. This BULLSHIT OF A RETCON that she had Faison’s child? I’m never going to accept.

• Love 9

I think barring whatever feelings Anna had for her unborn child, I find it highly questionable that she was able to hide her pregnancy and take off a few months to have the baby without no one at the agency finding out.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

GOOD GOD! What has this show done to my Anna???!!!!????

Who is this pod person who looks like the KICKASS SPY I know and love? This moopyschmoopy constantly weeping WUSS, is NOT ANNA!FUCKING!DEVANE!!!!????

For those that don’t know her history, this is Horrendously out of character. And even those that do know her, you would think this Henrik/Heinrich whatever, was a child that had been kidnapped/TORRRRRN from her arms, and she’s just learned where he might be. It’s giving me uncontrollable RAGE BLACK OUTS.

The reasoning she gave Robert were so pathetic and stoopid. It gave me vibes that she wants to find him, ask for his forgiveness and a chance to undo whatever Faison did, and be a mother to him.?????????

I HATE this storyline. FUCKING HATE IT.

And these FUCKTOIDS better NOT FUCKING kill ROBERT. And by that weaselly Valentin.??????????

Feel the rage and welcome to the world of IIC fucking over your favorite (see Elizabeth Webber!)

• Love 4