Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Can someone explain how Luke was so sane being Fluke for months and now is barking...sorry meowing mad. What was the point of pretending to be himself?

And then there is Jake who has a fake life that is so desirable that he can't possibly like his previous life or be married I mean what is the big deal about his other normal life? Carly acts like his regular life couldn't be his....why b/c it's too boring. Has she met Jake?...he is the poster child for boring.

These stories are so nonsensical I feel like I'M the insane one.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 9

Can someone explain how Luke was so sane being Fluke for months and now is baring...sorry meowing mad. What was the point of pretending to be himself?

I can't explain it.  I also can't explain why, if Patricia is such a threat to Luke or he wants revenge on her or whatever, he didn't try to find her eons ago instead of spending his time fulfilling some Sonny fantasy.  Those two threads don't connect at all. 

Also, does Ron think if nobody utters the phrase DID that we won't remember that he's telling yet another DID story?

On a positive note, in between all of Tony Geary's scenery chewing, I did enjoy Jackie Zeman today.  Her initial soft, sorta overwhelmed reaction to coming face-to-face with Pat was nice.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

A chunk of the show today here in Houston was pre-emoted for a car chase. I spent half of the time watching the actual soap using the FF button. I was riveted by the car chase. Not what you want when you're a writer of a soap - something with no dialogue is more interesting than what you're putting out. So that's where I am with this stupid show. Carry on.

• Love 5

Speaking of Julian--WTF is going on with his hair?  He looks like a dandelion!

I thought Chia pet.

I do like Sloane's new hair better but the coloring needs adjustment.  I'm ok with salt & pepper but his is like a reverse skunk.  Not that I'd trust the GH hair department to do it.  They'd add red brown blotches.

Many many anvils are falling with Duke talking to the day player henchman.

Lulu - you suck for running out on Dante.  And you suck more for charging into Pat's room and allowing your father to walk over, grab you and fling you.  You knew he had a gun, Valerie told you, you should be prepared.  Someone needs to whack Luke with the bedpan.

• Love 3
Speaking of Julian--WTF is going on with his hair?  He looks like a dandelion!

He got his hair products mixed up with Kin Shriner's.

I also can't explain why, if Patricia is such a threat to Luke or he wants revenge on her or whatever, he didn't try to find her eons ago

I'll give this one a try. I don't think Luke tried to find Patricia any earlier because a) people weren't talking much about Pat and triggering those memories, and b) he didn't know she was still alive until he tracked down Valerie. Of all the absurdities in this story, these don't bother me much. The fact that Ron wants to whitewash Luke's history with DID is the biggest travesty.

• Love 3

Was it supposed to be cute that everyone kept stealing Jake's coffee b/c I just found it sad the man has no backbone...he's like gumby:(

Hence my calling Jake protoplasm. Goo has no backbone, either.

• Love 2

Are we supposed to think Franco & Nina are cute? I don't. They are both middle age psychos and no matter what RV writes it ain't going to change my opinion of them. At least, when RH was playing Todd I could put up with him but Franco bores me. Also, another day of Grayson McCouch hamming it up with his mug face. They need to write him & the character of Sloan out.

• Love 7

Was it supposed to be cute that everyone kept stealing Jake's coffee b/c I just found it sad the man has no backbone...he's like gumby:(

And he has, like, no money. Carly, at the very least, should have bought her own. Sloane snagging a cup was a dick move, and worked for me; but Carly seemed to think taking the cup negated Jake's supposed marriage vows.

• Love 4

I found myself thinking that Franco and Nina were kind of amusing today. I immediately took my temperature and then gave myself a breathalyzer because clearly *something* is going on over here. After a little consideration, I realized that all this Luke shit is just so so terrible and uninteresting (and never fucking ending) that I've become that much more desperate for any sort of entertainment from this show.

Speaking of Luke, does anyone remember when whatever this story is started? I am really struggling to remember a time in the last several years without Legion of Doom crap. I hate it so much. I was never interested in any of it, and all this compelling storytelling and riveting acting somehow has not helped at all.

• Love 4

It started last February. Maybe even January. But I remember it was February when Lulu went to get Luke at the hospital and Bill Darth Luke called her Lesley

• Love 2

Carly ragging on Jake is sooooo boring. If more people would tell her to MYOB, maybe she would get a clue that people like to run their own lives.

Ron C is going to run the Nina and Franco blackmail of Olivia into the ground. He thinks it's such a hilarious turn of events that gets a knee-jerk of audience laughter every time the Krazy Kouple thinks of a new demand.

Why are Tracy and Lulu still believing in Luke? Lulu might still be Daddy's little princess in denial, but surely Tracy is a woman of the world.

• Love 2

I will forgive Jake for being hideously boring if he immediately murders Franco when he regains his memory. I will temporarily join the Holy Hitman fan club and refrain from saying anything negative about him for a full month if Jasus shoots Franco in the head, sets the body on fire and watches while it burns

I'll give him six months if Franco's death results in Nina going insane, murdering Silas and being permanently installed off-screen in a mental hospital for the criminally insane

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Yup. It was in the midst of the stupid Heather/Franco/Carly story. Luke went into Miscavage and emerged Fluke.

ETA...and wore a wig...

spencer-wig.jpg

That was the best moment of the whole damn story, when Scotty took a picture of him.

• Love 5

Also, another day of Grayson McCouch hamming it up with his mug face. They need to write him & the character of Sloan out.

Agreed.  I can't believe they thought this was trading up, just because GM is a "name" soap actor.  The guy is awful.  The character is awful.  Tomato tomahto.  I hope they've canned the idea of putting him together with Anna, but I dunno.

If Dante and Valerie sleep together, can they kill Lulu off so he doesn't become a giant douchebag? I'm not particularly complaining, Dante has managed to stay a decent character for 6 years, and that's more than most, but I'm not rooting for it either. Not that he wouldn't look super douchey sleeping with someone else after his wife just died, but hey, it's slightly better. Or maybe not. I don't know, lol.

Hey, he'd just be taking after dear old dad.  After dear old mom, too, for that matter.  Maybe it's encoded on the DNA.  

As for Luke's new niece Valerie, she's relatively cute but I'm not sure why so many people are drawn to her.  As always, to each their own, but she doesn't quite intrigue me in any way.  I need to see more of her, much more before I can determine if there's anything formidable about her.  I've seen it being bandied about that she's Nathan's ex whom he cryptically mentioned a little while back.  All I have to say to that is PLEASE NO!

I'm with you on Valerie.  She's adequate, but I haven't seen anything beyond that yet.  It's early days, though.  I'm not averse to the idea of her being Nathan's ex, however.  If she were and she came to PC, maybe a little competition for Nathan's attention would give Maxie the thunk on the head she needs. 

Count me amongst those who thought Valerie's top was a hospital scrub.  Maybe she's a nurse?  She'd fit right in on General Hospital!  Oh, wait, better make her a  mobster.

What, exactly, is MS going for in her portrayal of Nina?

In spite of acting like a twelve-year-old with her first crush today, I try to give MS/Nina the benefit of the doubt because, due to the coma, she's essentially got the mentality of a twenty-something, but...  Yeah, that's all I've got.

And then there is Jake who has a fake life that is so desirable that he can't possibly like his previous life or be married I mean what is the big deal about his other normal life? Carly acts like his regular life couldn't be his....why b/c it's too boring.

And also because she's got no control over him there.  He was her property, as soon as she clapped eyes on him and felt that frisson of Jason-ness.  Because there's no decency like Jason decency.

• Love 1

They are clearly setting up something with Dante and Valerie. I'm fine with that, though I think the jury is still out on her acting. Almost anyone can act scared.

I cannot believe that a) genre legend Dee Wallace's first day is just her bound and gagged and b) as ol' Sister Pat she looks younger than both Dame Tony and Jackie Zeman. BTW, they gave Tony a few good lines today and he completely mauled them with his howling and weird voices.

Duke's soliloquy at the end was not bad, and I thought IB played it well. It really does encapsulate Duke's character and a lot of what we've fanwanked about him over the last few years when the writing rarely provided it; he is a man who tried to get out of a life of crime for love, but who kept crawling back because it's the only thing that makes him feel like a man after what he's been through for decades. And now the underworld has destroyed what's left of his life, by his own choice. This is all stuff they've occasionally touched on onscreen and in the text, so it's not just wank; the problem is, they only pull this stuff out for big moments, like right now, when Duke is clearly, finally about to be dogmeat. I think he's a very tragic character, I have since almost immediately after he returned to Port Charles. I thought there was a lot of good they could do with him in plumbing those depths, but instead they mostly kept him as sort of this roaming schmuck. Duke sort of knows now, too, that he's a schmuck, but when he's with Sonny and the mob he still, pathetically, feels like a schmuck with a purpose - he can't betray his "friend," he must do this job to prove he is still a figure of power and strength. And Sonny barely knows or cares about him. But he'd still rather fully commit himself to being full-on mob (something IB does play well, scheming against Jordan) than give it all up for Anna. I just wish they'd invested some time like this into the character long ago, as opposed to doing here that which they usually do - give a character a little speech to wrap them up in a bow after neglecting them for months or years.

Everything with Franco and Nina has to burn in fire. That is all for now.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

Also, another day of Grayson McCouch hamming it up with his mug face. They need to write him & the character of Sloan out.

Agreed.  I can't believe they thought this was trading up, just because GM is a "name" soap actor.  The guy is awful.  The character is awful.  Tomato tomahto.  I hope they've canned the idea of putting him together with Anna, but I dunno.

Eh, cut off the greasy locks, and suddenly I find him a much more appealing character. Not a needed character, mind you, but an appealing one.

I'm usually a fan of meta humor, but the Flash reference from Franco? I want to know whether to hate Roger Howarth or Ron C for that line, because it was so ridiculously out of place. I groaned with disgust out loud. I usually save that reaction for when Carly does....well, when she does anything.

• Love 4

I was so hoping for that to happen, I'd have loved him if he did that. And Nina too. He has ample reason to want both of these pieces of trash dead. Do your job for once, Jules.

Really. What good is this crappy mobfest if one of them can't throw us viewers a bone once in a while?

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

Damm, A poster on another forum thinks that Franco and Nina are the new Hepburn and Spenser.

That poster is either too young or too stupid to know Hepburn and Tracy.  They were all about witty banter and class, neither of which I have read about Franco and Nina.  

The stupid, it burns.

• Love 7
Are we supposed to think Franco & Nina are cute?

We viewers are really supposed to be okay with a woman inducing another woman's labor, ripping her baby out of her, and leaving the woman for dead as she absconds with the crying newborn, aren't we?

Stamos was so damn right.

• Love 5

The best part of yesterday's episode has been reading this board this morning.  Thank you all!!

Luke, Luke, Luke - how painful to watch him channel Gunnar the Giant Invisible Cat!!  How can we go from this to a supposedly epic episode tomorrow?  I've been trying to be hopeful, but ....

Valerie - I had really good first impressions, but yesterday was a bit "meh."  I'm reserving further judgment until I see her in other scenarios.  But with some dread because I expect that she is slated to be Nathan's previously-mentioned ex; and, if she does have acting potential, I just don't see it being realized in scenes with him.

Re  her hospital top, I see this as minimizing her "look" until we see her "beautied-up" when she and her ex Nathan lock eyes and sparks fly.  I just hope Nathan doesn't spontaneously combust.

By the way, I'm not dismissing something eventually developing with Dante and Valerie either.  We shall see - that may develop over time after Nathan combusts.  I feel the concern about messing up Dante's character with an affair - and I sometimes regret that he has been written as "Dante Too-Good."  (Following the actor's interviews, I think he does, too.)

Franco and Nina - no, just no.  If baby brother Nathan James does spontaneously combust, maybe they can be standing close to him - very close.

Comparatively speaking, Jake and Carly looked good to me.

Why does LLC's pregnancy have to the written in?   Why?  The show expects us to accept many impossible scenarios, so why can't we just pretend that Olivia isn't pregnant? 

Duke's scenes just made me sad - and angry, too.  Too little, too late.  I abhor the wasting and/or dumbing down of characters. 

And, speaking of dumbing down, Dante and Lulu won the prize yesterday - especially Lulu - most definitely Lulu.  Could the writers be any more obvious in their plot-pointing to get Lulu into the room with Luke and the other significant women in his life (well the other significant women in Luke's life currently on the GH canvas - moment of bitterness here)?

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

That poster is either too young or too stupid to know Hepburn and Tracy.  They were all about witty banter and class, neither of which I have read about Franco and Nina.  

The stupid, it burns.

I really think we are supposed to see Nina and franco as an old school Heather and scotty or lucy and scotty.Lucy and scotty's schemes were more of the nature of money making schemes though.

The worst was Luke howling like a literal cat in heat. Wtf was that? Is TG on very high painkillers and very high? Because that was like really bad. Justin Bieber's roast had more coherence than that. Dee does look great. She's probably glad she had the gag on. It was probably a demand once she read the scripts.

I wouldn't hate Franco/Nina if they weren't you know, Franco/Nina. Because after years of seeing Olivia cackle in everyone's business, it is kinda nice to see someone turn her big ass mouth on her. I remember her bitchiness towards AJ. Doesn't feel so good, does it, Liv? Roll with the Mob, face the consequences. Plus, anyone who annoys Carly is kinda cool. Her hair already looks gray. Good job Hayden and Micheal. So if Franco were um Stephen Lars or Bob the Builder, I'd be ok.

I think Billy Miller wakes up in scenes with anyone other than Liz. Maybe Becky needs to be backburnered. It's not just that. It's more I'm sick of Liz's face and handwringing. And I really like her clothes.

• Love 3

I think Billy Miller wakes up in scenes with anyone other than Liz. Maybe Becky needs to be backburnered. It's not just that. It's more I'm sick of Liz's face and handwringing. And I really like her clothes.

There's no point caring about any pairings involving Liz because they never last for any significant amount of time. She'll finally get the man she wants and then will get restless and set her sights on someone else. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Love 7

There's no point caring about any pairings involving Liz because they never last for any significant amount of time. She'll finally get the man she wants and then will get restless and set her sights on someone else. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Well, there was that one psychiatrist and that brain surgeon, but they didn't fit the plaaaan. You know..... Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1
I wouldn't hate Franco/Nina if they weren't you know, Franco/Nina. Because after years of seeing Olivia cackle in everyone's business, it is kinda nice to see someone turn her big ass mouth on her.

Agree on both points. But I think Franco/Nina could work if their scheming was to get themselves back in the good graces (relatively speaking, of course, given who they are) of PC instead of smugging their way around town.

I will never feel sorry for Olivia here. She brought everything going on totally on herself by making dumb, dumb choices.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Agree on both points. But I think Franco/Nina could work if their scheming was to get themselves back in the good graces (relatively speaking, of course, given who they are) of PC instead of smugging their way around town.

Tha major problem I see is outside of Nathan and Scottie, who would care? Why should PC residents care? Hell why should we care?

• Love 1

I feel like Ron had Nina go off the rails specifically so Franco would have a friend/love interest. Ron finally got bored with Franco and Carly but since he refuses to get rid of Franco he had to find someone else to saddle him with. I think Nina could be salvaged and liked/tolerated by at least part of the audience if she weren't associated with him. Franco drags everyone down and not a single character benefits from sharing scenes with him. 

• Love 3

I've never had much use for Olivia except when she's with Ned, but her caving in to Franco & Nina is stupid, disgusting and pathetic.  Olivia shouldn't have slept with Julian in the first place nor told Franco about it, but she doesn't deserve to be punished by WE NEVER CARED & her sidekick the SERIAL KILLER, either. Olivia should not only have called their bluff, she should have threatened to tell Nathan & Scotty on them if they didn't back off.

Shameless alert:

Ian is Liams dad?! Mind blown!

No, he's not. Frank is Liam and Lip's bio dad plus he's the father of Carl, who's currently in Juvie, if not running it.

I think Francie meant not that Franco/Scotty is the most unhealthy relationship, just the most shoddily written in general. I'd consider all those better written relationships than Franco/Scotty.

Not me. I not only still think that all the previously mentioned GH-related father/son relationships suck, I'd add Luke/Lucky, Sonny/Dante & Nikolas/Spencer to the list. What precious little good there is in those storylines is because of the sons being sympathetic (Spencer the 40-year-old brat aside). As for Scotty/Franco, while Scotty's not one of my favorite characters either, especially after he sprang Franco out of some misguided sense of paternal loyalty, he's still way more sympathetic than Franco has/will ever be.

Plywood's tree-like behavior and dumbassness is rubbing off on Jordan. Disgusting.

I respectfully disagree. Nathan didn't make Jordan blow her own cover to Duke, dump the truth about TJ's dad's death on TJ to make herself feel better nor does he have anything to do with her relationship with Shawn. Jordan's mistakes are just that-Jordan's mistakes.

• Love 1
Why should PC residents care? Hell why should we care?

They shouldn't and we shouldn't care about Nina and Franco, separately and as a couple. I was merely commenting on how the pair would work for me if Ron cared to remember who they were instead of who he's trying to make them into.

You could ask those questions about everyone in the cast, really. Ron's wrecked the entire show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

The only scene partner I believe could make Luke's storyline compelling is JJ. Yes, JJ is an amazing crier, but he's also great at rage. Those of you who remember the scenes of Lucky with each parent after finding out about the rape know what I mean. Also, I'm sure many remember Lucky confronting Niz about the affair.  The endless hand-wringing from Lulu and Tracy does nothing for me. Lucky would know what buttons to push, and I think would and could hand Luke's 'dark side' his ass. 

JJ is so overrated. Never got the appeal, and-shallow observation-he was cute as a kid but he has not gotten better looking with age. That attempt at a beard he always tries to grow makes him look like he has mange. I've seen the commercials for Nashville and I see him and just cringe. He should just shave that off and be done with it. It's hideous.

If I hadn't already jumped ship, he and/or Genie Francis coming back to torture me would have surely pushed me over the edge. And now I read that Wally is leaving?

Can Luke just kill Tracy, and Michael leave town, so I can rest easy and forget that GH exists?

They shouldn't and we shouldn't care about Nina and Franco, separately and as a couple. I was merely commenting on how the pair would work for me if Ron cared to remember who they were instead of who he's trying to make them into.

You could ask those questions about everyone in the cast, really. Ron's wrecked the entire show.

I understand and get your point And totally agree the problem is MoRon's campy plot point multiple missing beats writing.

Hey, he'd just be taking after dear old dad.  After dear old mom, too, for that matter.  Maybe it's encoded on the DNA. 

He needs to sleep with about 6 more women, in a 4 year time space, for that to happen.

and I sometimes regret that he has been written as "Dante Too-Good."  (Following the actor's interviews, I think he does, too.)

I respect DZ, and Dante under Ron has been written very generically, but he would probably like it if Dante started collaborating with Dr. O or something. Someone should tell him - and Tyler Christopher - and other actors who just want their characters to turn into jerks randomly the story of what happened to Tony Jones/Brad Maule after he has his breakdown. If you have a headwriter who cares, a character can be rehabilitated (or "rehabilitated", given the flimsy ones we got under Guza and still continue to get), but if your headwriter doesn't care, the character gets irreparably damaged with the audience and ultimately shuffled to even more irrelevance. (not sure if the phrase "more irrelevance" actually makes sense, but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at).

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I respect DZ, and Dante under Ron has been written very generically, but he would probably like it if Dante started collaborating with Dr. O or something. Someone should tell him - and Tyler Christopher - and other actors who just want their characters to turn into jerks randomly the story of what happened to Tony Jones/Brad Maule after he has his breakdown. If you have a headwriter who cares, a character can be rehabilitated (or "rehabilitated", given the flimsy ones we got under Guza and still continue to get), but if your headwriter doesn't care, the character gets irreparably damaged with the audience and ultimately shuffled to even more irrelevance. (not sure if the phrase "more irrelevance" actually makes sense, but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at).

Oh, I do. I fear anything that requires complex, sensitive writing for any character on GH - especially one I like.  

And I'm not talking as much about present writing as I am about past writing which put Dante into a relationship box even before RC arrived.  I say even that in a conflicted way because I have liked watching Dante being such a good, faithful husband.

However, if he had  had other relationships early on, writing him in one now would be less jolting - less OOC.

• Love 1

They are clearly setting up something with Dante and Valerie. I'm fine with that, though I think the jury is still out on her acting. Almost anyone can act scared.

Ron: Cue Milo waiting in the wings! Now this will totally work once the audience realizes the short guy Lulu's with cheats on her.

I know I should feel like that, and I'm certainly not gonna stamp my feel over it, and it's a soap and Lante have been together since the Titanic sank in soap years*, but damn it, I have a heart underneath all this sarcasm. Guys, I have a confession to make:

I am a woman, watching a soap opera (I know, take your time to digest that) and I actually liked the whole fantasy and romance of, you know, a man who dedicated to just his wife. I know, me and my stupid bird brains. :weeps: 

At least, jsbt, you can be amused by me now defending Emme Rylan's Lulu. I seriously would have been fine with Dante sleeping with half the town this time two years ago. Ron waited too long! :throws bar ware:

*That's for you, Francie. I couldn't find a way to fit in "it's been 84 years . . . "

Although actually I thought Lulu and Valerie had the most chemistry. Too bad they're cousins. It doesn't matter which Lulu, they both had/have their best chemistry with other women

However, if he had  had other relationships early on, writing him in one now would be less jolting - less OOC.

I suppose we can blame Vanessa Marcil for that, heh.

• Love 4

And I'm not talking as much about present writing as I am about past writing which put Dante into a relationship box even before RC arrived. I say even that in a conflicted way because I have liked watching Dante being such a good, faithful husband.

I love that Dante isn't a cheater. While I agree that he does need an edge again, he needs to remain faithful to Lulu.

ETA: for once I wish a couple would break-up or divorce when one party wanted to be with someone else instead. I don't know, I've never cheated on anyone so I don't get the mentality of not ending a present relationship before starting a new one.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Meh ... I like that Dante isn't a cheater, but I also like messy, complicated stories.  I live in a world of shades of gray and I like my entertainment favorites to be the same way. 

Lante have been too saccharine for so long that I'd grudgingly accept a change up. 

I know it's cliché ... but it's a soap.

And, honestly, I'm a bit bored with what has been one of my favorite couples. 

• Love 1

I love that Dante isn't a cheater. While I agree that he does need an edge again, he needs to remain faithful to Lulu.

ETA: for once I wish a couple would break-up or divorce when one party wanted to be with someone else instead. I don't know, I've never cheated on anyone so I don't get the mentality of not ending a present relationship before starting a new one.

I mean, this is all early days, maybe that will happen. I could see Dante taking issue with Lulu just leaving him behind or whatever she did yesterday, I wasn't really paying attention.

My likeliest scenario though? Dante and Val will be really attracted to each other, they have a one night stand, he immediately regrets it a la Patrick with Lisa, but oops, Val is pregnant!