Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Jax pitching the Aurora offer to Sam today immediately raised my hackles, because NO.

KM's malaise is going to infect one of the few positive things that GH has going - scenes featuring Jax/Curtis/Hayden.  At least they will be getting more screen time? 

• Love 3

So each time Curtis mentions that Hayden and Jax are working on Spencer's behalf, Jax said that they are helping the true Cassadine heir but never uses Spencer's name. So most likely it is Nikolas, but why would Jax want to help him. He does not like Nik and vice versa because of the whole Courtney/Spencer situation.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

He does not like Nik and vice versa because of the whole Courtney/Spencer situation.

I think they have to retcon that like it never happened.  Think about it.  Jax and Carly came together so  Carly could help Jax with Spenser.  That's how they got together and then they later has Joss. Since Joss is now significantly older than Spenser, that whole thing now has to never have happened.  

Is anyone else getting the impression that it's Nikolas who is behind all this stuff with Drew and Andre, though? We had that whole scene with Cassandra getting into the car with a man wearing the Cassadine ring almost a year ago. And if it's not Nikolas then which Cassadine male is it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

We know that the driver that picked up Andre stabbed him. We know that Dustin is a part-time driver.

I'd vote for that.  Dustin creeps me out.  He looks too much like the original Paul Hornsby.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ciarra said:

We know that the driver that picked up Andre stabbed him. We know that Dustin is a part-time driver.

Well, I'm sure the more time he spends with Lulu, the quicker he'll get found out by her.  She is, afterall, the world's foremost investigative journalist.  #InsertLaughTrack

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! Rocco was six feet away, not at another location. What was kind of amazing is Olivia didn't call Sonny on it.

THIS and Sonny knows Rocco is dealing with abandonment issues because Dante went away for long-term treatment. The least he could do instead of just disappearing was warmly tell Rocco he's a terrific grandson, Happy Birthday, I've gotta get going because ..... 

When Rocco said his whole family is not here, I was thinking good point. Aside from Dante, where is great Aunt Bobbie, what about Rocco's Spencer/Webber cousins, any mention of Spencer Cassadine thinking of his cousin, what about Lulu's bff Maxie bringing a gift from herself and her two kids and encouraging Lulu to smile at Dustin etc. instead of that random kid guest -- esp. after Lulu told Dustin that it was supposed to be a private family-only party. If the Show really wanted to dwell on "Dante gone" and "FrancoDrew's memories", there could have been a brief scene of Lulu's son and Lucky's son bonding (I think they're in the same age group?).  Rocco tells his cousin Aiden "I miss my Dad" and Aiden responds, "yeah I'm sad too because Franco's not living with us and doesn't remember us." (Since god forbid any of Elizabeth's three sons ever get say they miss or don't remember their dad Lucky). Soo...Bobbie was the adult in charge of Jake and Aiden at the moment, and she was dropping them off at their house without making an appearance at a family birthday party? Ok then.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Rocco said his whole family is not here, I was thinking good point. Aside from Dante, where is great Aunt Bobbie, what about Rocco's Spencer/Webber cousins, any mention of Spencer Cassadine thinking of his cousin, what about Lulu's bff Maxie bringing a gift from herself and her two kids and encouraging Lulu to smile at Dustin etc. instead of that random kid guest -- esp. after Lulu told Dustin that it was supposed to be a private family-only party.

That random kid was Leo, Olvia's son and Rocco's uncle. Olivia also said he is having 2 parties, one with his family, the next day with all his friends. 

29 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

When Rocco said his whole family is not here, I was thinking good point. Aside from Dante, where is great Aunt Bobbie, what about Rocco's Spencer/Webber cousins, any mention of Spencer Cassadine thinking of his cousin, what about Lulu's bff Maxie bringing a gift from herself and her two kids and encouraging Lulu to smile at Dustin etc. instead of that random kid guest -- esp. after Lulu told Dustin that it was supposed to be a private family-only party.

That random kid was Leo, Olvia's son and Rocco's uncle. Olivia also said he is having 2 parties, one with his family, the next day with all his friends. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

That random kid was Leo, Olvia's son and Rocco's uncle.

What? Was the kid a re-cast? I think the last Leo sighting was at a family gathering - a wedding maybe? - and he was blondish/fair-skinned. Olivia and Julian often mention him but he is rarely seen.

Why is everyone speaking so slow? Why the fuck is Carly getting her panties in a wad over Joss living part time with Jax in the same fucking town? Could my eyes roll any harder at Valentin talking about how Sonny is a genius strategist? Why do the writers feel like they have to explain why Laura and Curtis aren't meeting at Charlie's? Did they think someone in the audience is going "WHAT??? THEY'RE NOT MEETING AT CHARLIE'S???"

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

I've seen this Leo before, when Olivia picked him up from Julian's one day. I think the kid has been recast because of soarasing. And speaking of someone who needs to be recast -- Rocco. The kid's looks are perfect for a child of ER and DZ but ouch, he can't act.

Does Aurora not have a COO? Or  a general manager?  Asking Sam to run Aurora is like throwing Scout's money into a trash bin and burning it.

If it is so impossible for Joss to go to Port Charles High without Oscar, put her self-absorbed ass on a plane with a group of other 15 year olds to go build a school for kids in Central America or Asia so she can do some good and make Oscar-less memories. Between her and Spencer, this show has the worst parenting I've seen in a while.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Could my eyes roll any harder at Valentin talking about how Sonny is a genius strategist?

I was laughing so hard at yesterday Valentin explaining to Sonny is words of one syllable why Michael might now be on Cassandra's hit list Honestly, getting Sonny to do his dirty work for him is the first sign of intelligence I've seen in Valentin.

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

So each time Curtis mentions that Hayden and Jax are working on Spencer's behalf, Jax said that they are helping the true Cassadine heir but never uses Spencer's name. So most likely it is Nikolas

It should be but once again, they're dragging this out too long and my interest is waning.

It's good to see Laura again in a story but I disagree that she would know more about Helena Cassadine than Alexis. Laura however would know more about Wyndermere since it was a relatively new acquisition to the family.

It drives me crazy though that Jax, Hayden and Curtis are doing this and not telling Laura what they are doing or getting her agreement for it. As the matriarch of the family as well as Nik's mother and Spencer's grandmother, she deserves to know.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's good to see Laura again in a story but I disagree that she would know more about Helena Cassadine than Alexis.

I think it depends on what information is needed. Alexis and Helena didn't have much contact for quite a while, right? And I doubt Alexis knew too much about the Ice Princess and Endgame stuff. Laura and Alexis probably have complementary information, but each can contribute her own unique history.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Because she's become a child hoarder, like her husband.

I love how she was like "people want what we have and they'll do anything to get it!" Okay lady. You have a nice kitchen. That's it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Honestly, Curtis should hop a plane and go see Luke whom I would say is the true Helena expert. While Laura and Alexis both tangled with Helena and were at times her victim, Luke learn everything about her in order to be able to deal with her.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I love how she was like "people want what we have and they'll do anything to get it!" Okay lady. You have a nice kitchen. That's it.

The level of delusion, that they are a target because other people want what they have. How about they want revenge on Sonny for hurting and killing their relatives?

39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura and Alexis probably have complementary information, but each can contribute her own unique history.

But Curtis didn't really need information on Helena, he needed to know what hiding place she would have put the codicil in.

I don't understand the reasoning in this story.  So Mikkos had a codicil that gave his estate to his grandson and illegitimate grandson instead of his illegitimate son? Why would Helena hide it? She hated Valentin, why would she want him to have her great grandson's inheritance?

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Curtis didn't really need information on Helena, he needed to know what hiding place she would have put the codicil in.

Knowing Helena might give an idea of where the codicil is. Laura knew her quirks. But this is what Curtis should do:

36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Honestly, Curtis should hop a plane and go see Luke whom I would say is the true Helena expert. While Laura and Alexis both tangled with Helena and were at times her victim, Luke learn everything about her in order to be able to deal with her.

Oh, Valentine. You think Sonny is a careful planner? Excuse me while I laugh myself off my sofa. Sonny's a hotheaded thug who can't stick to a plan he comes up with.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why the fuck is Carly getting her panties in a wad over Joss living part time with Jax in the same fucking town? 

She used to send Joss TO AUSTRALIA to stay with Jax FOR WEEKS ON END!

Also, you think she'd appreciate the help from Jax with Joss given she's (somehow) about to birth A SPECIAL NEEDS BABY!

Shut up, Carly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 19
12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is anyone else getting the impression that it's Nikolas who is behind all this stuff with Drew and Andre, though? We had that whole scene with Cassandra getting into the car with a man wearing the Cassadine ring almost a year ago. And if it's not Nikolas then which Cassadine male is it?

12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The real Valentin? Who is super pissed that Nik hired a lounge singer to impersonate him so Nik could fake his own death?

Edited by Oracle42
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I agree with Jax about Sonny. When does Jax get to act like Sonny does..make outrageous demands and Sonny has to suck it up and be the bigger person? Oh please that Sonny is trying his best Carly. And Joss does need to be punished for skipping school and ignoring her parents. I don't care if she's grieving about Oscar, she still needs to be responsible. They need to reign in these kids sometimes and ground them, and say they need to be home right after school, not going wherever they want. And so what if Joss lives part time with Carly and Jax. She's a freaking teenager, not a little kid. Quit babying her!! 

And I'm so sick of hearing about people making excuses and what not for others because they are someone's parent or grandparent. Like you can't expose a bad person because it might hurt their innocent relative. Get over it. It's going to happen eventually. Laura talking about Stavros and not wanting to go into to too much detail because he's Spencer's grandpa. Like are you kidding me?! Isn't that only because he raped Laura? The man is dead now and Spencer never knew him, so who cares if he knows that an evil man he was. I saw a meme on FB that I agree with that said something like: stop telling people "oh that's still your mom/dad/sister" if they are a toxic person, you don't have to have them in your life!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

She used to send Joss TO AUSTRALIA to stay with Jax FOR WEEKS ON END!

Yes, younger Joss was off-screen for so long that I/a few of us (?) used to joke that Joss had moved in with her father in Australia permanently and Carly just didn't notice because she was so focused on claiming baby/toddler Avery as her own daughter as well as conspiring with Sonny to keep her away from Ava. I half expected Carly to angrily text Joss one day saying, "Where is Avery's (insert whatever)?!" and Joss to respond, "No clue Mom; I've been living with Dad in his home for the last nine months since the Court gave him full custody when you never responded about the custody situation."

Carly should have lost custody back when she was too busy sexing up Johnny Z to notice that little Joss was gone from her house for hours/temporarily kidnapped and injected by Jerry Jax.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I love how she was like "people want what we have and they'll do anything to get it!"

Was she basically saying that any danger the Corinthii are put in is because people be jealous of them?  Oh, go to hell, Caroline.

Also, I swear I her Sonny tsk'd when Jax suggested he and Carly take Joss out to breakfast to talk.  What a big friggin' baby.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The level of delusion, that they are a target because other people want what they have.

I didn't like this explanation when I heard it, but I was kind of willing to give the writer a pass, since it was a mother talking to her daughter and she might not want to say "Your father is a mob boss." But then i realized that Joss knows. It'd have been better if she had just said, "You know we're not like other families."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I love how she was like "people want what we have and they'll do anything to get it!"

"We worked hard busting kneecaps to get where we are today."   It's not as if the Corinthii started out as lowly factory workers and worked their way up to CEO.  Way to spin the mobster reality as the American Dream.

When did Nina start caring about anyone but herself?  I can't see OriginalBSC!Nina caring about Drew being presumed dead.  He no longer had anything to do with Crimson, so what good is he to her?  She's way too tenderhearted to be Nina.

It's also weird/stupid that Jax, corporate raider, would buy the print division of Aurora.  Print is dead. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Screechy foreshadowing of her reaction when Brad is exposed.  "You wanted to hurt me, Sonny, all Corinthii kind!  Oh, and my brother too, I guess."

Holy hell I hate her, you guys.  She's somehow worse than ever, how is that even possible!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If it is so impossible for Joss to go to Port Charles High without Oscar, put her self-absorbed ass on a plane with a group of other 15 year olds to go build a school for kids in Central America or Asia so she can do some good and make Oscar-less memories.

Send her whiny ass to Turkey to fill the vacancy left by Sonny abducting adopting one of its teenagers.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Screechy foreshadowing to her reaction when Brad is exposed.  "You wanted to hurt me, Sonny, all Corinthii kind!  Oh, and my brother too, I guess."

Holy hell I hate her, you guys.  She's somehow worse than ever, how is that even possible!

Cause they made her pregnant, talking about how when other people's kids don't text back it's not big deal for them, (because you know, what are school shootings?) but Carly and Sonny worry because people go after them because they are so magnificent and glorious that people want to go after them! (aka Sonny is a mobster and other mobsters go after them) and they go after their kids but here they are having another one. Also, Laura Wright just exacerbates all the obnoxiousness about it.

38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Send her whiny ass to Turkey to fill the vacancy left by Sonny abducting adopting one of its teenagers.

I think that's why Carly doesn't want him there. "Why does this kid think he's hot shit for no reason? Only I can think I am hot shit for no reason!"

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

And if it's not Nikolas then which Cassadine male is it?

Any possibility that Neil is a Cassadine -  some distant cousin?  Didn't they have him reading a Russian book (yeah - it's not Greek - but he could be a polyglot) or a book about Russia?  Molly is writing a story on the Cassadines and solve the case before Jordon.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Any possibility that Neil is a Cassadine -  some distant cousin?

I would love it so much if this happened and he was someone more than a totally peripheral character who is Alexis' afterthought love interest! Like the Quartermaines, the Cassadine family has been so weakened that it is merely a secondary character in the Corinthos story.

It's time to strengthen a family other than Sonny's. Drew and Oscar are gone, Jason and Michael have been stolen by the Corinthii and Jake, Danny and Scout are too young to matter yet; Valerie and Lulu are the only non-Corinthos Spencer's left, and Alexis, Valentin and Charlotte the only Cassadines. (Sam has been subsumed by Jason and Kristina and Molly are related to Sonny.) If for no other reason than to strengthen the family diversity of the show, I want Neil to be a devious Cassadine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I swear I her Sonny tsk'd when Jax suggested he and Carly take Joss out to breakfast to talk.  What a big friggin' baby.

LOL. It was more like, "Well, I guess so. I wouldn't." His attitude toward Jax has always been hilariously petty.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Print is dead. 

As someone who makes her living working in print, I disagree. Vehemently. It's in trouble, but it will never die. If you have a physical copy of something, you can aways reproduce it somehow. A computer file? Its technology will eventually become obsolete.

• Love 9

What I hate most about the Josslyn story, besides that I don't find the character inherently very interesting, and characters I can't stand are never going to be far behind her, is the way they just pound us over the head with every major point. How many times does it get repeated that she's still grieving? That the issue with her not wanting to be at school is that Oscar isn't there? That she didn't return Carly and Jax's texts? Every segment is like a writing-room white board with the story points on it.  

I don't like to go overboard with criticizing younger performers, but I think part of the issue is that EMc isn't up for much heavy lifting with subtext. So they're constantly explaining and accounting for Josslyn in dalogue, and I hate the way the other members of the teen set have to be her satellites. At least Cameron has the story with Franco/Drew, and whatever issues I have with that, I enjoy him much more in that part of the show.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

Thanks, @dubbel zout -- I've been a btb print editor for the past 33 years, the last 22 at the same publication. Yes, we're hurting, but we will survive the fascination with all things digital. I've been told by advertisers that "no one under 30 reads print," and my response is "Really? But are they the decision makers?"

• Love 3

I've been meaning to ask you all about the set that has a wall with plants coming out of it, and brick walls on either side. Laura and Curtis and then Maxie and "Peter" sat at the table of that set today. It's been routinely used for one-on-one conversations recently - is it supposed to be the inside of Perks? I don't recall it being introduced as belonging to a particular business.

I'm glad I watched the second half today - I liked Laura speaking of her past and also Alexis and Julian were great trying to fight back the emotion as they spoke of the present and family and history. Could have done without Lulu coming off as desperate for passion esp. since she just recently met this guy. 

The wedding tailor's accent was so corny, and possibly offensive.

Wow, Brad is really terrible. Julian didn't help him steal Wiley, he just kept his mouth shut to save Brad's bacon. And it's not as if he knew from the get-go that Wiley was Jonah. And the whole "kill Obrecht and you'll never have to think of it again" is pretty gross.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Brad is really terrible. Julian didn't help him steal Wiley, he just kept his mouth shut to save Brad's bacon.

Brad is the more guilty party, no question. But, knowing that someone is committing the crime of illegal adoption and keeping your mouth shut about it is not exactly paving the road to sainthood.

• Love 2

The homeless-woman story was a definitely iffy, but it wasn't up to Julian to vet things. And at the time, Brad was so desperate I don't know what he'd have done if Julian didn't help. I don't think it's Julian's responsibility to set things straight here. Brad is Lucas's partner and co-parent. 

• Love 5

It delights me to see Liesl hanging around Sasha basically just to remind Valentin that not only does she know all his secrets, she's also judging the fuck out of his and Sasha's sloppy handling of things. I have to think Valentin didn't vet Sasha for anything other than her looks, as she seems really ill-equipped to run a long con. If Sasha can't endure Michael's gentle wheedling for info without spilling the beans, then she'd never manage being in the public eye as a model.

Lordy, how many more times are we going to see Julian shuffle his feet and insist that he and Kim are ready to move, any second now, sure thing, and no, Brad, Liesl's dead body will NOT be left behind as a keepsake? Regardless, Julian's conversation with Alexis was actually pretty nice. It's appropriate for each of them to regard their relationship  as a huge, defining aspect of their lives, while still knowing they're can't turn back time and reclaim what they once shared.

What kind of a Friday cliffhanger, y'all. Laura about to walk in on Lulu getting busy and Curtis receiving yet another uncomfortable memory associated with the Haunted Star. I really hope it was Nikolas skulking around the boat; spying on his sister before she gets laid doesn't seem great, but actually is quite mild on the Cassadine scale of familial weirdness, so.

• Love 3

Oh, great, the return of the shaky cam.

I don't think Michael would really care if Sasha is Nina's daughter or not. She hasn't lied about anything else. The fact of the lie is worst than the content of the lie, IMO. Sasha hasn't been bilking Nina or anyone else.

• Love 4

I don’t really get the point of Julian and Kim’s month long goodbye tour since we know they aren’t really going anywhere but Julian’s scenes with Alexis were sweet. I wonder if they are really planning to blow him and Kim up and bring him back into Alexis’ orbit. Outside from a couple scenes around the time Kiki died, this is the most emotion I’ve seen from either of them since Julian got together with Kim. 

• Love 4

Laura is my favorite character on this show and definitely one of the best actors. I do wish the hair people would cut her hair. Maybe a touch-the-shoulder bob? It just looks so thin and skimpy the way it’s cut now. Just a thought.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Linny said:

What kind of a Friday cliffhanger, y'all. Laura about to walk in on Lulu getting busy

Lulu already slept with Brody Dustin?  Uh oh.  That they rushed it there surely means that Dustin will be revealed to be THE EVUL in some way.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2