Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think we're supposed to get out of that he's a caring father who is desperate to save his daughter. <rme> But unlike the After School Specials on cult rescue, he's the bigger threat to Krissy's safety.

<RME> to the max.  We're all supposed to have forgotten how he almost blew her up because, well, he didn't mean to.  God, I cannot stand him.

I'm going to enjoy Kristina calling him every name in the book during her deprogramming and not think about the ultimate "oh, Dad, I'm sooooo sorry, I love you!" moment that it will culminate in.

• Love 2

Anna's conviction that it's ROBIN who could be Alex's child and not even considering Peter (even after Finn pointed out there's no negative tied up in Robin's existence) had me throwing my hands up in despair. Talk about going around your ass to scratch your elbow, jesus. You're smarter than this, Devane, and I wish Robin were in town to remind you of that.

Sam's fake acting during her cons always sets my teeth on edge, so I really hated her phony drunkenness today. Her act is so exaggerated and unbelievable that it makes anyone who buys into it look like a fool, especially Shiloh, considering he knows exactly what she's capable of doing. As always, I hate that the bad guy has to have the IQ of a tree stump for our "heroes" to prevail.

Chase is the easily the best leading man of the show's younger generation, and he's got everything I think the show has always failed to achieve with Michael: intelligence, kindness, charisma, and likeability rolled into an attractive package. He's the primary reason I've not given up on Willow, despite her missteps in the Nina mess and her unnecessary role in the Wiley storyline. Chase and Willow have surprisingly become a rare bright spot in the current landscape of GH.

• Love 15

When I let go of whom I am, I become who I might be.

I hate that they stole a Lao Tzu quote.

I think that Anna worrying that Robin is really Alex's child is one of the stupidest things this stupid show does. Go to to a damn doctor and see if you've ever had a child. And if you had, why doesn't you mind go to PETER?????

I like Chase and Willow together, but that after sex talk was so sickly sweet, I hate to take something for my blood sugar.

But still not as bad as Sam's very bad drunk play.

"You don't like the way I do thing, then you shouldn't have had a baby with me." "Well it's a little late for that." It's a strange day when the best scenes in the show were between Alexis and Sonny.

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hate that they stole a Lao Tzu quote.

I think that Anna worrying that Robin is really Alex's child is one of the stupidest things this stupid show does. Go to to a damn doctor and see if you've ever had a child. And if you had, why doesn't you mind go to PETER?????

Alex purposefully made her last comment about Robert for this very reason, so Anna's mind would go to Robin and not Peter, but it's still stupid. 

• Love 1

I agree with someone? upthread who said all Sam would have had to do is tip over a candle on her way out.  End of Dod house.  Kristina would have to live somewhere else, and they could plan to get her away slowly.  And the house decor is hideous.  Two birds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Kelly has been awful at everything...even her die hard fans if they were giving an honest opinion would say she's been bad.  

12 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How heavy is Kristina? Poor Jason looked like he was suffering carrying a girl the size of a wet rat.

He couldn't carry Sam either.  He's not a very big guy. He also has some of the smallest hands I have ever seen on a guy.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Of course it's illogical that Anna is assuming it would be Robin, but it also make sense that she would be paranoid about losing Robin... her daughter is a lot more important to her than Peter is. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Anna's conviction that it's ROBIN who could be Alex's child and not even considering Peter (even after Finn pointed out there's no negative tied up in Robin's existence) had me throwing my hands up in despair. Talk about going around your ass to scratch your elbow, jesus. You're smarter than this, Devane, and I wish Robin were in town to remind you of that.

Sam's fake acting during her cons always sets my teeth on edge, so I really hated her phony drunkenness today. Her act is so exaggerated and unbelievable that it makes anyone who buys into it look like a fool, especially Shiloh, considering he knows exactly what she's capable of doing. As always, I hate that the bad guy has to have the IQ of a tree stump for our "heroes" to prevail.

Chase is the easily the best leading man of the show's younger generation, and he's got everything I think the show has always failed to achieve with Michael: intelligence, kindness, charisma, and likeability rolled into an attractive package. He's the primary reason I've not given up on Willow, despite her missteps in the Nina mess and her unnecessary role in the Wiley storyline. Chase and Willow have surprisingly become a rare bright spot in the current landscape of GH.

I just see him as the new Nathan - sweet, good, law-abiding, boring, mediocre acting.  The difference is Nathan was attached to a legacy character and Chase is stuck with Willow.

34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

How heavy is Kristina? Poor Jason looked like he was suffering carrying a girl the size of a wet rat.

I think it's much harder carrying people than we know.  I remember on The Walking Dead, Rick was running while holding little Carl and could barely keep him.  Then Daryl was hauling out tiny dead Beth and again, it looked like he could barely hold on to her.  IRL, adrenaline would add strength, but I don't think it's kicking in while acting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe  Burton needs to realize that playing superhero braindead jason is not one of his strong suits anymore as he can't lift anyone up for his awful rescues.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
Just now, Hater said:

Maybe  Burton needs to realize that playing superhero braindead jason is not one of his strong suits anymore as he can't lift anyone up for his awful rescues.

IRL, it's probably so much easier to just throw them over their shoulder in a fireman's carry, but they want it to look more romantic.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just see him as the new Nathan - sweet, good, law-abiding, boring, mediocre acting.  The difference is Nathan was attached to a legacy character and Chase is stuck with Willow.

I feel like Chase is a bit less robotic, but maybe Nathan's voice just made him seem a bit more robotic to me.

Michael should have been the one to go in and get Kristina.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I chuckled a bit at that too. But I guess it must be more difficult to carry someone who is unconscious and dead weight as opposed to someone who is conscious and "helping" by holding on to you. But it's funnier to think he's just not that strong. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Benji said:

I chuckled a bit at that too. But I guess it must be more difficult to carry someone who is unconscious and dead weight as opposed to someone who is conscious and "helping" by holding on to you. But it's funnier to think he's just not that strong. 😄

Idk...Sam was conscious and he couldn't lift her either. I really think he's just not as muscular as he would like to lead you to believe with his fitness and milk shakes.

Why was the Willow and Chase scene so dark?

11 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How about a DNA test for LWB and Anna?  And Anna stealing Robin's hairbrush the next time she visits?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t it be impossible to be able to tell via DNA which of two identical twins was the mother of a child? I’m pretty sure real life DNA tests can’t even discriminate with accuracy between close relatives if there was a question of maternity/paternity. And identical twins have the same DNA.

Not that this will stop the show. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

LoL. Not heavy at all, I imagine. Lexi/Kristina looks like she weighs about 90 lbs. She's very thin and petite.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t it be impossible to be able to tell via DNA which of two identical twins was the mother of a child? I’m pretty sure real life DNA tests can’t even discriminate with accuracy between close relatives if there was a question of maternity/paternity. And identical twins have the same DNA.

Not that this will stop the show. 

GH must have some super-special DNA testing because once SBu was determined to be Jason it was simply assumed Danny and Jake were SBu Jason's sons. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Linny said:

This is what I don't understand. GH went to the trouble of bringing up Scam's con past and specifically that she conned Shanks dad, and that Shank is well aware of all of this. So is he buying Scam's lame a$$, or what?

as of today, Krissy is extracted and Scam shouldn't need to be alone around Shank anymore .... so what was the point?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Linny said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"You don't like the way I do thing, then you shouldn't have had a baby with me." "Well it's a little late for that." It's a strange day when the best scenes in the show were between Alexis and Sonny.

Perfect time for both Olivia and Ava to drop in for different reasons, hear him say that, and respond simultaneously: "You know that's why I never told you Dante was yours when he was growing up" and "It wasn't intentional - I was hopeful Avery was Morgan's." 

That would shut Sonny's stupid mouth up for at least a moment. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Yes, it's always the other person who's unreasonable, never Sonny.

SPARE ME.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

Of course it's illogical that Anna is assuming it would be Robin, but it also make sense that she would be paranoid about losing Robin... her daughter is a lot more important to her than Peter is. 

I get your point, and I agree...but you would think Anna would at least consider a scenario where maybe she didn’t actually have sex with FAISON, of all people.

It was hard for me to follow the events in the attic because I was mesmerized by the droopy pillow-boob dress. It’s like she was wearing water balloons. 

I’m glad the Maxie/Peter romance got put on hold. I have no problem with WR (although I don’t like it when his voice gets all whispery—I get enough of that from Sam), and I do like their friend relationship, but I’m not feeling the romantic chemistry. The way he said “I’ll wait as long as it takes”, however, makes me think he won’t. I suspect we’re heading for a triangle—with Lulu, perhaps? Although for me, that would make for a very unappealing triangle.

You know what? IDGAF if Robin is Alex's. Anna still has the relationship with her. It's not as if Robin will stop loving Anna just because she's learned she's not her mother. If Robin does, that's the bigger problem, IMO. Biology isn't the only thing that makes a family. I wish Finn had pushed that a lot more forcefully. And Anna is making a lot of assumptions about how Robin will feel.

Thinking that Philomena wouldn't notice Alex had become Alex doesn't give Philomena much credit. If Emma could figure it out, I'd hope her mother's nanny could.

"And that is how it's done." Yes, you're quite the actor, Sam. LOL.

And again, everything Sam and Shiloh talked about showed how terrible her relationship with Jason is, but we're supposed to think otherwise.

If the ceremony is so sacred, shouldn't there be someone making sure no one gets upstairs who shouldn't?

The song they played for Willow and Chase was not sexy at all.

I'd have thought rescuing Kristina would be a Friday cliffhanger.

• Love 2

I had to laugh at Sam “sneaking” out of the attic at DOD without even looking out of the door to see if anyone else was around. Some spy you are, doofus. And then Jason, Saviour of the World, does the same damn thing when he almost dropped Kristina carrying her out of the attic. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. This show just lets cheesier and cheesier. Also. I almost couldn’t understand a word Sam said today. I know she was “trying” to be drunk but holy cow. Please get rid of this woman who can’t even mail it in anymore. Bye, Samantha!

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And again, everything Sam and Shiloh talked about showed how terrible her relationship with Jason is, but we're supposed to think otherwise.

I feel like we're being trolled by the writers. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I had to laugh at Sam “sneaking” out of the attic at DOD without even looking out of the door to see if anyone else was around. Some spy you are, doofus. And then Jason, Saviour of the World, does the same damn thing when he almost dropped Kristina carrying her out of the attic. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. This show just lets cheesier and cheesier. Also. I almost couldn’t understand a word Sam said today. I know she was “trying” to be drunk but holy cow. Please get rid of this woman who can’t even mail it in anymore. Bye, Samantha!

KM needs a vacation.  Has never taken a damn break from this show and it's beyond time.  The character of Sam is stale.

• Love 2
On 4/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

We actually had some hospital scenes today! Six of them, in fact. All had Curtis and nuJordan. No hospital employees unless you count Michael (and is Laura still on the board?) which I don't. So, in two days on General Hospital, we have had 5 hospital scenes and one hospital employee shown. To compare, today alone, Sam had 8 scenes and Sonny had 7. I move that if this continues, and we know it will, we change the name of the show to General Horseshit.

And of course Kristina's secret is about Alexis getting away with murder. Of course it is. Now Sonny can be the hero who saves Alexis from her terrible secret about being a murderer from ever getting out. And I bet this show doesn't even see the irony in it.

No hospital scenes today, either. Just one hospital employee today who was the same one as Monday. So, in 3 days, we have seen 1 hospital employee and 6 hospital scenes. 🙄

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jillibean said:

The DNA of identical twins is slightly different because of epigenetics (I recommend Tim Spector's book Identically Different) but not enough to disprove that one is the parent and not the other.

But why not ask for Robert's DNA to see if he is Robin's father? I'm pretty sure that he would have known if he had married Alex instead of Anna.

49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Jason. Not a cliffhanger because there's never any doubt of the outcomes.

On the plus side, I think Shiloh's expression meant that he figured out that Sam had been conning him. Let's put that horrible  arc to rest.

ETA: on the bad side, I'm sure we'll be getting people grateful to Jason and Sam for saving Kristina for weeks.

Edited by statsgirl
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's Jason. Not a cliffhanger because there's never any doubt of the outcomes.

Well, yeah, but the show could make a feeble attempt to misdirect.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Thinking that Philomena wouldn't notice Alex had become Alex doesn't give Philomena much credit. If Emma could figure it out, I'd hope her mother's nanny could.

Do you mean that Anna had become Alex?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

hinking that Philomena wouldn't notice Alex had become Alex doesn't give Philomena much credit. If Emma could figure it out, I'd hope her mother's nanny could.

Do you mean that Anna had become Alex?

I don't know what I mean anymore, heh. Is Alex becoming Anna the right chronology? Whatever it should be, that's what I mean.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That was the best part of the show for me -- especially when he had to stop and hike her up again in the hallway. I'm pretty sure it's not the Kristina actress that's the problem here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I know a lot of this is driven by Anna's fear of losing her Robin as her daughter, but she is being silly. 

Anna has memories of marrying Robert. I am sure Director Frisco Jones could trace through the WSB files if Anna was the one that met and married Robert. Also where Alex's whereabouts during that time.

Anna has memories of having Robert's child and naming her Robin.

Anna should get the WSB to track down Alex' medical files and see if it contains the info if she gave birth before. She doesn't even have to go far. Alex lived for a while in town name Pine Valley. Anna could even pretend to be Alex and request her records as her own.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"You don't like the way I do thing, then you shouldn't have had a baby with me." "Well it's a little late for that."

Yes, it's always the other person who's unreasonable, never Sonny.

SPARE ME.

As if it were planned.  Kristina was the product of a one-night stand--and is Sonny implying Alexis should've had an abortion?  But, yes, it's always his way or the highway.  Respect the criminal.  UGH!

Sam thinking she was the super spy today was embarrassing.  Anna isn't herself lately, but even still I'm offended on her WSB behalf. 

Applause for continuity today.   Jason leaving the attic door open when he left, and the door being closed when Harmony showed up.  Jason texting Sam that he got Krissy out, then he's shown lugging her out of the front door.  Did he put her down to text that? 

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Michael should have been the one to go in and get Kristina.

I'm doubtful Michael could have carried her out of there either.

Today was cringeful on many fronts. Anna, who I didn't even know from back then, just WTF are you thinking? How do you even make that leap? For once, listen to the guy who I find super annoying.

I've been a casual Kelly fan and a casual Sam fan, but it's getting to a point where it's hard to defend her. I like the curl in her hair, that's about all I can say.

The rest of hair and wardrobe need a huge upgrade. Most everyone looks like crap. Quit overstraightening. Maxie and Lulu need their roots done, damn it. And I know KSt might still have weight issues due to her health and meds (so do I, so am greatly sympathetic), but putting her in clothes like that is not helping.

Really liked the Chase and Willow sex, and it was hot to hear how much he wanted her but still nice to get consent that was obviously needed.

Watched on Hulu, so didn't see the previews. Anything interesting?

• Love 4

I thought it was funny how SB was fumbling trying to carry LA and still continue taping. I give him credit for keeping the scene going and not stoping. You know soaps. Go! Go! Go! LOL!!!! He also had the bulky leather coat and leather gloves and she was probably just sliding off all the leather. I never thought I would defend SB but I think I just did. I’m curios if Shiloh knew he got played by Sam or he was just thinks Jason and Sonny did it on their own. I’m also curious to see how it plays out but I’m sure Kristina will ruin it and run back to Shiloh begging for sex and the tattoo. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
On 4/9/2019 at 6:18 PM, statsgirl said:

I am so here for the three ladies  of a certain age running a caper and being the ones to catch Ryan. So much better than the tired old Corinthos mob.

I loved how Felicia reminded the audience that even though Laura is the mayor now, she's still a badass.

Props to both comments.  A lot of the younger viewers probably don't remember Laura as the ORIGINAL bad-ass, ride-or-die girl.  As many times as Luke threatened to kill Helena, Laura was the one to actually do the deed (until Hells came back one last time before Nikolas finally pulled the old bat's plug).  We actually do need to see Laura do some Mayoral stuff though.  In the brief glimpses we've seem so far she's actually appeared to be quite capable.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I had to laugh at Sam “sneaking” out of the attic at DOD without even looking out of the door to see if anyone else was around. Some spy you are, doofus. 

I know! Hilarious. And not only that, she was looking down and texting as she was leaving the room. If anyone had been around, she’d have walked right into them.

And so this was the Big Rescue that required all the finely honed skills and daring of our resident Superhero? He just walks in, scoops her up, and walks back out? Hell, Oscar could have done that.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm doubtful Michael could have carried her out of there either.

Today was cringeful on many fronts. Anna, who I didn't even know from back then, just WTF are you thinking? How do you even make that leap? For once, listen to the guy who I find super annoying.

I've been a casual Kelly fan and a casual Sam fan, but it's getting to a point where it's hard to defend her. I like the curl in her hair, that's about all I can say.

The rest of hair and wardrobe need a huge upgrade. Most everyone looks like crap. Quit overstraightening. Maxie and Lulu need their roots done, damn it. And I know KSt might still have weight issues due to her health and meds (so do I, so am greatly sympathetic), but putting her in clothes like that is not helping.

Really liked the Chase and Willow sex, and it was hot to hear how much he wanted her but still nice to get consent that was obviously needed.

Watched on Hulu, so didn't see the previews. Anything interesting?

Plus she tries so hard to drape her hair over her face that it's distracting.  How is she going to do a love scene while constantly covering one side of her face?  I know she's self-conscious but it constantly takes me out of the scene.

So, fake-drunk for Sam means pronouncing her words unclearly and acting drowsy. Well, they are finally writing to Kelly's strengths. I know some here thought it was bad, but I thought it was her best-contextualized performance since she fell down Liz's basement stairs and spent days lethargically scooting around and groaning while the furnace was about to blow.  

Edit:  I will give today's episode writer one thing: that was some good Sexis. I was nearly nostalgic.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

So, Kristina signed a consent form and Shiloh has some information on "tape" of Kristina's deep thoughts. I guess he'll squirm out of this one unless Sonny (or, someone) kills him.

well, in SB's defense-- lifting 90 pounds of dead weight from a kneeling position is really hard. And as someone pointed out, she's 'unconscious' and not helping at all.

That being said, they really eliminated any dramatic stakes by removing Shiloh from the house, so that the only obstacles to professional hit man Jason is a house full of malleable women. Hardly a nail-biter. 

If they wanted a real cliffhanger-- they should have had Sam scamper out of the bar to her Uber-- as Shiloh receives that text from Harmony, puts two and two together and realizes he's been conned.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Kristina signed a consent form

I wasn't paying super close attention: Was that a consent form or was it a repeat of her signing a written copy of her sekrit? If it was a consent form, what was she consenting to? No one would tell her anything about the ceremony. Or was it a generic "won't hold anyone responsible for injury, death, etc." type thing?

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

That being said, they really eliminated any dramatic stakes by removing Shiloh from the house, so that the only obstacles to professional hit man Jason is a house full of malleable women. Hardly a nail-biter.

If they really wanted to be sure Jason would have a clean getaway, Sonny should have been there so he could dimple the women into submission.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2