Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This DoD story is as pointless as Oscar.  We all know it's going to end with Sam in some sort of peril and Jason bursting in and killing Shiloh/saving the day.

I hope the secret is that Morgan is actually Avery's father and Ava finds out, takes Sonny to court and his custody rights are thrown out and Ava doesn't let Grampy and Grammy Corinthos within 100 yards of their granddaughter.

I'd also like a million dollars and a pony.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hope the secret is that Morgan is actually Avery's father and Ava finds out, takes Sonny to court and his custody rights are thrown out and Ava doesn't let Grampy and Grammy Corinthos within 100 yards of their granddaughter.

Fuck Yes!!!!

Actually, before she said that it wasn't about her, I thought she'd confess that she once slept with Michael, cause they used to have such a... weird relationship after the coma.

I loved the incredulous and amused look on Cameron's face during the "talk", and how he kept looking around for an out, or to make sure nobody saw that shit.  It was awkward, and cringy and basically all the terrible qualities that a stepparent talking about that stuff, from my own experience.

More importantly, Danny is 8? Really?

about the anniversary:  While I hated Julian, Carly and Sonny being involved, I didn't mind Franco.  Now, I'm a fan of the character, but i would generally have an issue with shoehorning him in to this type of thing (and have complained about it in the past).  This time though, it wasn't actually about Franco, it was about Scott, Franco served as a mirror to his own experience with his parents and the way he was shitty to both Gail and Lee many, many, many times.  Scott had a complex relationship with them, and some resentment.  He didn't listen to them, he didn't show them all the respect they deserved, or act as a good son all the time.  And because of that, he has tried much harder with his kids.  He has been DEVOTED to Serena all her life and as he met his other kids he has tried to be as good of a parent as he can (Logan was a huge mess).  So, Franco in service of another character's exposition and story, instead of the other way around that it usually is.

• Love 5

I'll sit at the unpopular table: I thought that that anniversary episode was terribly boring. It felt three hours long. I think the problem, besides the dumb scavenger-hunt premise and the fact that misty recollections of characters who have been off-canvas for ages never works for me, is that it was done so mechanically. Yes, there were "nice moments," but it was one "nice moment" after another, and they all had the same rhythm to them. It wasn't a script as much as a checklist being completed.   

But I'll be a Rebecca Herbst stan again. Liz's scenes with Bobbie and Epiphany were pretty good.  

I remember talk about Zeman having gone too far with the cosmetic procedures almost 20 years ago. And it was true then too, but it's been such a progressive situation that when you see a clip of her from, say, the "Roy returns" era (around 2000), she looks okay, comparatively.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

More importantly, Danny is 8? Really?

According to Wikepedia he is 6 though he was born June 4th so he would be about to turn 7.  

well that's an hour I can't get back. I seriously was falling asleep while watching. Will someone please wake me if/when anything remotely interesting happens on this show?

(edited)

I'm co-signing the praise for Cam's reaction shots during his painfully awkward chat with Franco.

I'm guessing from Shiloh's 'standing the community' comment that the secret is about Alexis rather than the mob side of the family. It would be great if it was about Michael-- but what would that be? The only (sort of) secret is his rape in prison. He doesn't do anything shady (compared to everyone else in the family) 

I'm also annoyed that throughout Jason's conversation with Sonny-- while Sonny kept saying he knew someone who could help them with DoD (cut to Margeaux) Jason failed to mention that Chase actually offered to help Jason if Jason could find out anything about Shiloh. 

Save all the tiny brunettes guys! (Kristina, Willow and Sam)

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This DoD story is as pointless as Oscar.  We all know it's going to end with Sam in some sort of peril and Jason bursting in and killing Shiloh/saving the day.

While I have no doubt this is where it's going since GH has been pretty boring and repetitive for a while now....

what was was the point of making Shank the son of one of Scam's past cons? Why make Drew know the guy from his past? Or I guess Drew doesn't  remember the guy .... but still? Why bring that up? Do the writers think we forget these things? Wasn't someone (Maybe Korte) specifically promoted to be in charge of storyline continuity about 6 or so months ago??

• Love 2

Conversations I want to see:

Cameron talking with StepGramps Scotty. There's a lot of Scotty in Cam, and he, rather than Franco, can attest and relate.

Joss talking with Robin after Oscar finally goes off Upstairs at the Quartermaines. She lost her first love to an illness as well.

Also, I think Krissy's Big Secret is that her grandfather tried to freeze the world.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The DA went after Sonny via Carly and would go after Jason so she's EVUL and deserves to be in a cult. We all know that the law is no good.

Unless it's there to prop up Sonny/Jason, and then there's Dante, but he/the WSB needed Sonny's help.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:11 PM, Hater said:

I like the preview with the mobster telling Sam who Danny can be around.

Yet Jake was around a serial killer who was just accused of murder recently and where was the braindead idiot?

Oh yeah......not checking up on his kid.

He did beat up Franco in front of witnesses and broad daylight and got away with it, so, there's that. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, makelemons said:

what was was the point of making Shank the son of one of Scam's past cons? Why make Drew know the guy from his past? Or I guess Drew doesn't  remember the guy .... but still? Why bring that up? 

I think the writers are leaving open the possibility that he might know something terrible that Drew did while in the service but doesn't remember, even though everything we've been told so far indicates that he was practically Captain America.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, rur said:

I think the writers are leaving open the possibility that he might know something terrible that Drew did while in the service but doesn't remember, even though everything we've been told so far indicates that he was practically Captain America.

I dont think it was something terrible that Drew did, but somerhing that Shiloh did to Drew. Personally I think that he helped engineer Drew's disappearance so that he could be Patient 5 and the money that he got from that he used to start Dawn of Day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, please. When Morgan was alive I didn't want this because he'd be a terrible father (and I didn't want to watch him Try to Learn), but now? *chef's kiss* If Carly's baby isn't a tock, they don't need Avery around, so her actual mother might as well raise her.

• Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I dont think it was something terrible that Drew did, but somerhing that Shiloh did to Drew. Personally I think that he helped engineer Drew's disappearance so that he could be Patient 5 and the money that he got from that he used to start Dawn of Day.

I like your idea better! 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

The Shiloh/Drew connection is definitely something Shiloh did that Drew knew about. Once Shiloh discovered that Drew's memories were gone and he had no intention of trying to retrieve them, SHilo got on the phone with someone to say that a major problem had just been resolved. Or words to that effect.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

The Shiloh/Drew connection is definitely something Shiloh did that Drew knew about. Once Shiloh discovered that Drew's memories were gone and he had no intention of trying to retrieve them, SHilo got on the phone with someone to say that a major problem had just been resolved. Or words to that effect.

I thought Shiloh had too many connections to Port Charles, but the one with Drew was more interesting than, say, Willow. (Which is gross given the sex-slave stuff that's happened at Nxivm.) So of course it's the story that gets handled with a one-sided phone call, never to be raised again.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Shiloh had too many connections to Port Charles, but the one with Drew was more interesting than, say, Willow. (Which is gross given the sex-slave stuff that's happened at Nxivm.) So of course it's the story that gets handled with a one-sided phone call, never to be raised again.

And shouldn't Drew be more involved, anyway, considering at one point Oscar was a target for this cult?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

According to Wikepedia he is 6 though he was born June 4th so he would be about to turn 7.  

Yes, exactly, so either they are doing a tiny SORAS for a kid with the mentality of a 4 year old, or Jason doesn't know how old his kid is.... which is actually possible.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Is it just me or is Jordan awfully spry for someone who in the past month was hit by a car, was in a coma for a day or two, had one kidney removed, had the other kidney seriously damaged and is currently doing dyalisis twice a week.  

As a non American, I didn't fully understand the Jordan/Curtis/Stella insurance conco today.  Something about, if Jordan gets her treatment at Mercy she's covered by her insurance but is she does it at GH, she isn't.  And Jordan wanted to continue doing it at GH because she knows people there.  So Curtis wanted Stella to try to work it with the insurance so that she'd be covered.  But, but, but, why not just do it at Mercy.  It's not like they show us her having her treatments.  I mean, that'll cut into Jason looking constipated and Sam looking confused.  

I need this Oscar story to end now.  Although I will give kudos to LW.  She does so much better in scenes with Joss where she has to play the mother role.  

Lulu:  I can't with her today.  

So, Jordan gets news about Ryan and heads first to Ava's to tell her?  Doesn't head over to the mayor's house to tell her?  

As much as I love Kevin, I got the Epiphany smackdown today. It made sense even though it hurt me that Kevin's getting so much blowback. 

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Is it just me or is Jordan awfully spry for someone who in the past month was hit by a car, was in a coma for a day or two, had one kidney removed, had the other kidney seriously damaged and is currently doing dyalisis twice a week.  

As a non American, I didn't fully understand the Jordan/Curtis/Stella insurance conco today.  Something about, if Jordan gets her treatment at Mercy she's covered by her insurance but is she does it at GH, she isn't.  And Jordan wanted to continue doing it at GH because she knows people there.  So Curtis wanted Stella to try to work it with the insurance so that she'd be covered.  But, but, but, why not just do it at Mercy.  It's not like they show us her having her treatments.  I mean, that'll cut into Jason looking constipated and Sam looking confused.  

I'm Canadian and I never had to wonder or worry about this stuff until I moved to the US and I still don't understand. In Canada we walk into a clinic or a hospital and we don't have to worry about how much anything costs. We don't pay. 

Here, there's co-pay, and the doctor or hospital you visit has to take the insurance you have and your insurance only pays up to a certain point. 5 years here and I still don't get it. But I don't have to make that effort anymore because I'm going back home where I can whip out my health insurance card! 

Got to love Ava and her gumption and Epiphany showed more emotion about Kiki's death than a lot of people who knew her better than she did.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

As much as I love Kevin, I got the Epiphany smackdown today. It made sense even though it hurt me that Kevin's getting so much blowback. 

Why is Epiphany, a nurse, telling Kevin that he has been suspended? I assume there was a board meeting and a vote and also assume that Laura as Kevin's wife wasn't permitted to be part of the process and thus couldn't give Kevin a heads-up, but wouldn't Monica be the one to call Kevin in for a meeting and tell him this?

I suppose we are to assume Lulu never visited her stepfather in the hospital or has seen Kevin at all in weeks, judging by her reaction to him today. (I'm not judging her for his reaction - it's at least somewhat realistic - but surely this wouldn't have been the first time she's seen him. And if Ryan really was at Laura/Kevin's house, would Laura have been talking to him so calmly, Lulu?

• Love 3

Thank god for Carly (ew, I know, but credit where it's due) for stopping Joss from intruding on Drew and Kim today. Joss' feelings and pain are absolutely secondary to what Drew and Kim are experiencing, and I'm really glad Carly enforced that boundary. But tbh, while I care about Drew and Kim, I haven't been especially moved by this storyline. I think about the time wasted on the pseudo triangle of Drew/Kim/Julian, and all the time Drew spent counseling Liz's family, and the many repetitive scenes between Joss and Oscar, and imagine how much more impactful Oscar's death would be if that time had been allocated differently. Monica's involvement has been minimal. Scout hasn't been in Oscar's vicinity in eons. Sam and Jason both have ties to Oscar and yet his death isn't even a blip on their radar. This has been the Joss and Oscar show with Drew and Kim grieving largely alone, and aside from that brief period Oscar sought emancipation to deny treatment, there's been nothing distinctive about any of this. A teenager dying is sad, and it's always awful for parents to lose a child, but there's nothing remarkable enough about Oscar or his situation to propel me beyond those baseline emotions.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Linny said:

But tbh, while I care about Drew and Kim, I haven't been especially moved by this storyline. 

Because it's emotionally manipulative garbage. The Oscar actor is terrible. The only reason this story is happening is because he's terrible. If he wasn't I'm sure there'd be some teenbopper triangle going on. But he sucked, so they pulled this out of their asses.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

In Canada we walk into a clinic or a hospital and we don't have to worry about how much anything costs. We don't pay.

Exactly!  Here's my health card, give me my meds (the only downside is the 6 hours you can spend in emerg)

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

because I'm going back home

Welcome back!!

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Epiphany showed more emotion about Kiki's death than a lot of people who knew her better than she did.

I actually thought that was well done on Pif's part.  She spent a lot of time mentoring Kiki while she was in the shadow program and saw her through the whole Dr Bench thing.  

10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Epiphany, a nurse, telling Kevin that he has been suspended?

Because SE didn't have all her episodes in yet, while we saw Monica in the anniversary special and in a Drew/Kim scene a week ago.  

11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And if Ryan really was at Laura/Kevin's house, would Laura have been talking to him so calmly, Lulu?

Actually, when Laura opened the door and Kevin was standing there, my first thought was that he needs some sort of tattoo that would prove his identity.  It could just as easily have been Ryan standing there.  

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Because it's emotionally manipulative garbage. The Oscar actor is terrible. The only reason this story is happening is because he's terrible. If he wasn't I'm sure there'd be some teenbopper triangle going on. But he sucked, so they pulled this out of their asses.

I think they also had nothing to do for Billy since they refuse to write a story about Drew's memories and his almost leaving every year.

so unfortunate. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

But tbh, while I care about Drew and Kim, I haven't been especially moved by this storyline. 

I wouldn't enjoy a teenage triangle anymore than I enjoy Oscar's Death Spiral, which is about as boring as can be. Joss and Oscar weren't together long enough for me to feel any grief for the relationship, and Cam is the only one bringing in some energy to the story. Everyone else is so glum. I get it—a young kid is dying, and that's legit sad—but why aren't people trying to enjoy what time they have left with Oscar? That's why the Cam stuff works for me. They do silly but fun stuff like go for ribs and cookies and to see Niagara Falls. (And I think Garren Stitt does a good job in those light scenes. He's much worse when they have him do much emotional heavy lifting.)

I'm tired of scenes where the adults are exhausted and have to boost one another's spirits. How about getting together everyone Oscar cares about and have a giant blowout of a party or something? At least give me a reason to do more than say "Finally!" when Oscar kicks the bucket. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't enjoy a teenage triangle anymore than I enjoy Oscar's Death Spiral, which is about as boring as can be. Joss and Oscar weren't together long enough for me to feel any grief for the relationship, and Cam is the only one bringing in some energy to the story. Everyone else is so glum. I get it—a young kid is dying, and that's legit sad—but why aren't people trying to enjoy what time they have left with Oscar? That's why the Cam stuff works for me. They do silly but fun stuff like go for ribs and cookies and to see Niagara Falls. (And I think Garren Stitt does a good job in those light scenes. He's much worse when they have him do much emotional heavy lifting.)

I'm tired of scenes where the adults are exhausted and have to boost one another's spirits. How about getting together everyone Oscar cares about and have a giant blowout of a party or something? At least give me a reason to do more than say "Finally!" when Oscar kicks the bucket. 

Not that I wanted a long drawn-out saga, and maybe it doesn't matter so much anymore when Oscar is now weeks away from death and permanently (?) now in a coma, but aside from the emancipation suit which fizzled out once Josslyn convinced Oscar to do the trials, there was no real blow-back for Kim about keeping her son's diagnosis secret from everyone including aforementioned son for two years or more. 

28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

aside from the emancipation suit which fizzled out once Josslyn convinced Oscar to do the trials, there was no real blow-back for Kim about keeping her son's diagnosis secret from everyone including aforementioned son for two years or more. 

The whole thing was so stupid. I'm annoyed that they didn't have Oscar secretly see a doctor and find out the truth. The writers wrote themselves into a corner, as often happens.

• Love 3

I used to teach teenagers and Oscar seems pretty typical to me.  Maybe he should be a little more upset about dying, but he's young and at that age you think you're invincible.  Maybe it just hasn't all sunk in. 

Liked all scenes with Drew, but when he was talking to Curtis, did they ever refer to the fact that Jordan is sick because of him? 

Also liked that one little moment when Drew reached over and squeezed Joss's arm before going to listen to the doctor.  He just seems like such a good guy--wish he had a real story.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The whole thing was so stupid. I'm annoyed that they didn't have Oscar secretly see a doctor and find out the truth. The writers wrote themselves into a corner, as often happens.

Up until the slow-mo seizure and the "Oscar has weeks to live!" I was still waiting for the Munchhausen by Proxy diagnosis for Kim for any reason they made up. It would explain the lack of symptoms and make this story and Kim finally worth watching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
Just now, LexieLily said:

Up until the slow-mo seizure and the "Oscar has weeks to live!" I was still waiting for the Munchhausen by Proxy diagnosis for Kim for any reason they made up. It would explain the lack of symptoms and make this story and Kim finally worth watching.

But then we'd be stuck with Oscar.  And MBP is usually characterized with the parent taking the child to all kinds of doctors and if the kid has no symptoms, doing things to them to make them appear sick.  Oscar was the opposite.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

But then we'd be stuck with Oscar.  And MBP is usually characterized with the parent taking the child to all kinds of doctors and if the kid has no symptoms, doing things to them to make them appear sick.  Oscar was the opposite.

Point taken. 

• LOL 1

I'm not feeling Lulu. I know that I should, considering all the drama she's been through, but I just want her to shut up and go get some help. I'm not interested in any post Dante romance that she might have or anything else she might do. Lulu, Sonny, Carly, Jason, Margo, and Kristina are all characters who hold no interest for me and just waste airtime. I especially resent time spent praising Sonny when just yesterday he and Hit man were talking about getting rid of Cult Leader. 

Julian gave Krissy $10k? OMG.

I was on the verge of enjoying the 56th anniversary episode but the omission of flashbacks to accompany the various scenes and the inclusion of Sonny and Carly messed it up.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

A lot of that has to do with Monaco and Miller not being able to share scenes, so Drew has been completely written out of the story in order for Sam and Jason to work together without interference from Drew.  This is their punishment for not acting professionally.  

Drew is also only on once a week, with probably similar minimums to Roger/Becky than the loathsome foursome so again he won't be getting any time with this.  Hopefully when Oscar dies, Drew can go leave town and show up in Genoa City 2 months  later.

@AuxArx Yes Drew sent her flowers and mentioned they are there because of him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Here's my health card, give me my meds

Whoa you are getting meds with your health card? We see have universal health care but not universal pharmacare ( fyi to any non CANADIANS.)

On topic, as others stated , liked Carly holding back Joss, didn't like Pip giving Kevin the news, and liked Lulu getting to admit she was traumatized.  Although when she was crying to Laura that Dante left,  I thought Laura might say  "heh don't you remember who your dad was?"

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

As I understand it, in the US certain doctors and I guess hospital out-patient departments only work with certain insurers, so when you have an insurance company,  you get a list of which doctors you can go to and which clinics and services you can use. Stella explained that while Jordan has Insurance Company A, they only pay for her treatment at Mercy, not GH, and she would have to pay a lot of money to get her dialysis at GH.

I don't understand it completely (Canadian, single payer system, I can go to any doctor who has room for me) but I thought it was a nice jab at the problems of the US medical system.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Epiphany, a nurse, telling Kevin that he has been suspended? I assume there was a board meeting and a vote and also assume that Laura as Kevin's wife wasn't permitted to be part of the process and thus couldn't give Kevin a heads-up, but wouldn't Monica be the one to call Kevin in for a meeting and tell him this?

They had the actress for the day so that she could fawn over Carly?

Kevin went to her and asked why he couldn't get into this office. She told him that the lock had been changed. He then asked if he could get a new and she said "No". Then she explained that he should have been hearing this from someone in administration but the Board had voted to suspend his hospital privileges.

Which makes me wonder, shouldn't he be able to get access to his files? They are about his patients, not the hospital's.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Scout hasn't been in Oscar's vicinity in eons.

No, no! He spends more time with her than Sam or Jason because she's always at Monica's house where he lives.

Speaking of which, now that Oscar is in a coma he might not get out of (but perfect for the actor's talents), I'm sad that Oscar isn't going to move in with Monica so that Drew will finally have his family together.

The scenes with Laura were the first time that I genuinely felt that Lulu might have PTSD from the attack and be all messed up now that Dante is gone and she doesn't know if he'll ever come back. She's left alone with two children and trying to deal with all that as well as pay the bills and she's broken.

I'm not ER's biggest fan (although I did like her hair today tucked behind her ears) but the writing for  Lulu in this story has really been crap. Worse even than that for Dante.

Edited by statsgirl
@ciarra is right.
  • Love 4

These teenagers are boring the crap outta me. Genie was the exception, but she also was surrounded by much older people. 

Shiloh is a very run of the mill handsome actor to me. Cult leaders have a whole creepy/attractive dynamic that I don’t see in him. He could be stuck In any leading man role and be the same. 

So is Robert gone now? I think I wad sleeping during his goodbye. 

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

the writing for  Lulu in this story has really been crap.

It really has. The last bit, when Dante leaves, is in such contrast to how Kevin let down Lucy. I know the circumstances are different, but I really wish they'd had Dante be more straightforward: "Honey, something's really wrong and I have to go to a special clinic in Europe to get treated. I don't know when I'll be back. I love you and the kids. Sorry." At least Lulu wouldn't be flailing around wondering WTF is going on with him and where he is. It's so aggravating.

41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As I understand it, in the US certain doctors and I guess hospital out-patient departments only work with certain insurers, so when you have an insurance company,  you get a list of which doctors you can go to and which clinics and services you can use. Stella explained that while Jordan has Insurance Company A, they only pay for her treatment at Mercy, not GH, and she would have to pay a lot of money to get her dialysis at GH.

If Mercy and GH are the only hospitals in Port Charles (which seems likely), there's no way they wouldn't both take as many insurance providers as possible. And they'd likely join forces with certain procedures to save costs, so insurance would be even less of an issue. It's just dumb writing. It's like when Elizabeth and Lucky were poor and had terrible insurance, despite him being a cop and her working for GH. Jordan is the police commissioner! If anything, her insurance should be better than the rank and file's. 

Oh, Epiphany. Don't suck up to Carly and Sonny like you did. Let Carly tock her baby if she's stupid enough to think she knows it all.

Add me to the people who liked it when Carly held back Joss from finding out what's going on with Oscar. LW is always so good when she underplays things like she did with Joss today.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Which makes me wonder, shouldn't he be able to get access to his files? They are about his patients, not the hospital's.

In many places (including Florida, where I live), the files stay with the building, not the doctor. Even if you follow the doctor to his or her new location,  you have to sign a release for the files to leave the old location.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, AuxArx said:

I used to teach teenagers and Oscar seems pretty typical to me.  Maybe he should be a little more upset about dying, but he's young and at that age you think you're invincible.  Maybe it just hasn't all sunk in. 

Liked all scenes with Drew, but when he was talking to Curtis, did they ever refer to the fact that Jordan is sick because of him? 

Also liked that one little moment when Drew reached over and squeezed Joss's arm before going to listen to the doctor.  He just seems like such a good guy--wish he had a real story.

One of the first things Drew said to Curtis was that he was sorry that he did this to Jordan.  Curtis then said he doesn't blame Drew and neither does Jordan.  He was rendered blind when it happened

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Epiphany. Don't suck up to Carly and Sonny like you did. Let Carly tock her baby if she's stupid enough to think she knows it all. 

What the hell was that about?  "That baby is important to me, too."  Why, why, why?  Because the writers suddenly made you a physical therapist and you gave Sonny therapy for five minutes?  Shut up, Pip.

• Love 7

I'm waiting for Jordan's freak out moment.  Living in denial.

She's way too laid back about Drew's involvement.  So is Curtis.  Sure Drew didn't intend to harm Jordan, but wouldn't anyone harbor at least a bit of resentment?  He didn't step on her foot, he took out both of her kidneys. 

6 hours ago, paisley said:

I'm not feeling Lulu. I know that I should, considering all the drama she's been through, but I just want her to shut up and go get some help. I'm not interested in any post Dante romance that she might have or anything else she might do. Lulu, Sonny, Carly, Jason, Margo, and Kristina are all characters who hold no interest for me and just waste airtime. I especially resent time spent praising Sonny when just yesterday he and Hit man were talking about getting rid of Cult Leader. 

Julian gave Krissy $10k? OMG.

I was on the verge of enjoying the 56th anniversary episode but the omission of flashbacks to accompany the various scenes and the inclusion of Sonny and Carly messed it up.

I've been thinking about this lately, bc I agree with you... LuLu doesn't have chem with anyone onscreen, and nor does Maxie. They've tested both with Peter and others. I don't have an actual point to make except that I agree and that the 30ish set is very, very weak right now. How did it get this way?

4 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

These teenagers are boring the crap outta me. Genie was the exception, but she also was surrounded by much older people. 

Shiloh is a very run of the mill handsome actor to me. Cult leaders have a whole creepy/attractive dynamic that I don’t see in him. He could be stuck In any leading man role and be the same. 

So is Robert gone now? I think I wad sleeping during his goodbye. 

Agreed, and my working theory is that teen stories are almost always terrible. I hated the teen story (Georgie and Maxie as candy stripers, weirdly flirting with their cousin lucas) back when I was a teen, and always preferred the 20 or 30-somethings. I think this is not where soaps really thrive and not what teens watch for. (Can we lose oscar already??)

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Agreed. The American med system has its faults (I say this as a bleeding hearted liberal), but I really do think a young police commissioner would be able to get dialysis at any local hospital.

10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm Canadian and I never had to wonder or worry about this stuff until I moved to the US and I still don't understand. In Canada we walk into a clinic or a hospital and we don't have to worry about how much anything costs. We don't pay. 

This is true, YAY Canada!

9 hours ago, Perkie said:

Exactly!  Here's my health card, give me my meds (the only downside is the 6 hours you can spend in emerg)

Canadian Health Care does not pay for meds.

(edited)

Previews...whoa.  Lucy three times in one week?  Lucy with Kevin three times in a month?  I'll enjoy this while I can before the show yanks the football away again.

Also?  Shut up, LWB/FS.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3