Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why haven't they stopped making poor Denise Alexander lurch from set to prop to random bystander's arm clinging for dear life over the last five years? Why's Franco gotta show up at the courthouse looking like Howdy Doody? Why'd they make Liz look like one of the wives from Big Love standing next to him? Why didn't anyone alter poor HBS' wardrobe? I have a lot of questions, Frank!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The scavenger hunt was a dumb idea, but at least it gave us some nice moments. 

Jordan wants to go to Mercy? That death trap?

Ugh, that was so bad. What made the whole thing worse is that the writing for Sonny totally undercuts his bipolar diagnosis.

Watching LC and DA shuffle around the hospital was kind of sad, tbh. I know LC has had some hip issues and age isn't kind to everyone, but I wish a bit more consideration had been shown to them.

He wasn't the doofus he is now, but he was always a hothead.

I always laugh when anyone on a soap talks about working hard, because the last thing we see is people actually working, LOL.

I feel sorry for the person who had to clean up all that glitter. It's such a hassle to get it all.

I miss Laura Wright's bob. She looked great with it.

John J. York just gets better looking as the years go on. Rowr. I love that they've kept Mac's amazement at loving fatherhood so consistent. He's been the best parent on the show for a long time.

John J. York is as gorgeous as ever. And he still has hair to die for. I totally agree about Mac as a father. He raised three girls (Robin, Maxie, and Georgie) as his own when he didn't have to.

• Love 7
(edited)

I like the preview with the mobster telling Sam who Danny can be around.

Yet Jake was around a serial killer who was just accused of murder recently and where was the braindead idiot?

Oh yeah......not checking up on his kid.

Edit: Another reason to make me annoyed with the Sonny and Laura's "mental health" line, apparently Laura was catatonic when Sonny was going through his bipolar?  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Hater said:

I like the preview with the mobster telling Sam who Danny can be around.

I assume you're referring to Jason. Lord it's like the writers just want people to bash this shit show. Or again, the reminder that this show is truly a twilight zone where the criminals are the "good guys" because they're not like those other criminals. Gee, wonder how it'd be received if Drew expressed the sentiment about Scout's being around a member of organized crime. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Hater said:

I don't care what Carson donated to the hospital. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who donated to the hospital.  They're shoved into everything and it always turns into an ass kissing session of both characters that was simply not needed in this episode where Gail had zero to do with them. 

That was such bullshit.  And nice of Carly to finally tell her Mother that she's pregnant, given everyone in town already knows.  But, yeah, totally ridiculous that they were there at all, much less having Laura have to kiss Sonny's ass.  Then, again, it wouldn't be a day that ends in Y if someone wasn't doing that.

• Love 8
(edited)

Nice ending with the old clips but did they show any of Gail & Lee? Wasn’t she the whole reason of the scavenger hunt because of Gail?! Smh

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Wish I had seen the nurse's ball when Alan sang from Cinderella because that's where I saw him first, as the prince in the TV musical.  My mother bought that album and we listened to it over and over.

Stuart Damon will always be Prince Charming to me, and Prince Charming will always be Stuart Damon.

Today was a nice, nostalgic side trip, but I’m puzzled as to why there was no clip with Gail. It also would have been a nice touch if they put her face in the card shuffle at the beginning of the show.

That envelope stayed dry in the shower for a long time. I guess nobody uses it anymore since Patrick and Britt are gone.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

Nice ending with the old clips but did they show any of Gail & Lee? Wasn’t she the whole reason is why they were there. Um.

Because Frank was most likely just using her death as an excuse and to say "hey fans we are paying tribute to Gail on this anniversary episode..aren't we listening to the fans?', it wasn't really a dedication to her.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)

Back when the show first started putting Kevin with Laura, I believe I remarked that I was okay with it as long as Kevin/the show didn't disavow his long love of/history with Lucy.  So that sweet moment between them today - Kevin describing their relationship as a beautiful thing, even though it didn't last, and that it was maybe even more beautiful because it didn't last - felt like it was written just for me.  I was getting as misty as Ms. Coe! 

I could rant about the things I hated - Laura licking Sonny's ass, Franco being there instead of Serena, the idea that Gail would want Sonny to enjoy a scavenger hunt and be covered in glitter WHEN HE GOT HER GRANDAUGHTER HOOKED ON DRUGS AND PUT HER ON THE STRIPPER POLE! - but I think I'll just bask in that moment.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
(edited)

Maybe they will do scotty/laura again? Backburn Kevin with Lucy?  I could see it.

They need to use Maxie more as more of a link to the hospital like they did today.  The Peter stuff is not good.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ciarra said:

My brain has quit.  Who is HBS, and thanks in advance.

Hilary B Smith, who plays attorney Nora Buchanan, and she is a cross-over from Llanview and One Life to Live.  She's been on GH before, and she is an attractive woman.  But this time it almost looked like she was some kind of an addict who rolled out of bed, got dressed without looking in the mirror and probably didn't brush her teeth.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Did anyone else get scared and think that Gail had her ashes put in those envelopes? ! 

Wouldn't that be fun, if one could have one's ashes turned into sparkly confetti?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So that sweet moment between them today - Kevin describing their relationship as a beautiful thing, even though it didn't last, and that it was maybe even more beautiful because it didn't last

I was legit surprised they had anyone say something like that, given how past relationships always have to be completely trashed in order to sell the new one. This is the attitude that should almost always be presented (unless one is escaping abuse or something like that). Not everything good works out, and that doesn't make it a failure or bad.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Hillary Bailey Smith aka Nora Buchanan of Llanview aka One Life to Live.

In full: Nora Hanen Gannon Buchanan Buchanan Buchanan. Did they ever make a joke about her rhyming names? (I refuse to recognize her marriage to Daniel Colson.)

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was legit surprised they had anyone say something like that, given how past relationships always have to be completely trashed in order to sell the new one. This is the attitude that should almost always be presented (unless one is escaping abuse or something like that). Not everything good works out, and that doesn't make it a failure or bad.

In full: Nora Hanen Gannon Buchanan Buchanan Buchanan. Did they ever make a joke about her rhyming names? (I refuse to recognize her marriage to Daniel Colson.)

I had to look up Daniel Colson. He was played by Mark Dobies. I don't really recall him on OLTL but I did watch him on GL. I was more of ATWT & GL fan versus AMC and OLTL. Although, I watched all 4 of them. Now, there are only 4 soaps combined. Crazy!!!

7 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Would Gail really have put confetti in those envelopes, knowing that a member of the cleaning staff would have to come and clean it all up? That just doesn't seem...right.

I know. I get they wanted something visual, but wouldn't an invite for everyone to have dinner together at a restaurant other than the MetroCourt (so Carly couldn't make any money from it, heh) be a better way to keep people together and talking?

It did crack me up that Franco was the only one who threw the confetti. I like to think the actors were thinking about the set folks who'd have had to clean it all up.

• Love 3

I feel like they are trying so desperately to make Joss and Oscar the next generation's Robin and Stone. Problem is, both characters suck and Michael Sutton could act circles around Garren Stitt. And now the bridge is a special place for them? Hard pass on all of this. At best, they are bland. Other times they are just awkward. I think it's Oscar because Joss is good with Cam. But then, Cam is good with everyone.

Is Kelly Monaco the bad actress here or is Sam supposed to suck at this scam? Because it doesn't really seem like she is legit into all of this. Personally, I'm really hoping Shiloh is well aware of the stunt she is trying to pull and is 3 steps ahead of her. That would be refreshing. Even if it means Sonny has to step I and save the day(not my first choice), at lest it means one of the fab4 wasn't always right and always perfect. Actually, what would make my day would be Sam screwing up, Sonny stepping in to save the day, and then he gets blackmailed because Kristina disclosed something huge about him.

I am enjoying Kristina and Julian. They have a nice chemistry that I don't feel between Kristina and Sonny.

• Love 6

does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the anniversary show on April 2nd?  my comcast remote didn't recognize it and we tried an app on the cell phone and that didn't recognize it either..It is a lovely song..I also tried looking up the lyrics, I have struck out

time flies
oh hold on to these good times
I wish that we could slow down the clock
and make this moment never stop
our memory's not enough

oh these good times hold on to these good times
I wish that we could slow down the clock
and make this moment never stop

our memory's not enough
oh these good times
oh hold onto these good times
I wish that we could slow the clock
our memory's not enough

8 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

feel like they are trying so desperately to make Joss and Oscar the next generation's Robin and Stone. Problem is, both characters suck and Michael Sutton could act circles around Garren Stitt. And now the bridge is a special place for them? Hard pass on all of this.

HARDEST OF PASSES.  The Stone dying episode had me sobbing like only one other episode (BJ's heart) has ever made me cry.  These two couldn't coax a tear out of me if I was waving an onion under my eyes.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I feel like they are trying so desperately to make Joss and Oscar the next generation's Robin and Stone. Problem is, both characters suck and Michael Sutton could act circles around Garren Stitt. And now the bridge is a special place for them? Hard pass on all of this. At best, they are bland. Other times they are just awkward. I think it's Oscar because Joss is good with Cam. But then, Cam is good with everyone.

Is Kelly Monaco the bad actress here or is Sam supposed to suck at this scam? Because it doesn't really seem like she is legit into all of this. Personally, I'm really hoping Shiloh is well aware of the stunt she is trying to pull and is 3 steps ahead of her. That would be refreshing. Even if it means Sonny has to step I and save the day(not my first choice), at lest it means one of the fab4 wasn't always right and always perfect. Actually, what would make my day would be Sam screwing up, Sonny stepping in to save the day, and then he gets blackmailed because Kristina disclosed something huge about him.

I am enjoying Kristina and Julian. They have a nice chemistry that I don't feel between Kristina and Sonny.

I actually wonder if Joss/Oscar are more reminiscent of Emily/Zander.  Emily and Zander were a sweet first love, but it ended up being an Emily/Nikolas story.  It seems they're setting up Cam comforting Joss through her loss, and then perhaps Joss and Cam having the more mature love story.  Who knows?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The energy of the show grinds to an absolute halt when the DoD story is at the forefront. Shiloh's such a generic baddie that I can't tell if he is genuinely into Sam and believes she's legit, or if he's on to her game and playing her right back. Frankly, he'd have to be an idiot not to notice how lackluster and underwhelmed she acts when they're together (though she acts in a similar manner with Jason and it's sold as true love, go figure).

I should have known better than to think Cam could escape an awkward sex talk with Franco. He took it like a champ, though. I do think it was an unnecessary set-up just so Liz had reason to be fawning over her amazing husband (is there no middle ground between Liz doting on Franco and Liz being pissed at Franco?).

Half of me is annoyed that Joss and Oscar got to ascribe their own special significance to the bridge, the other half knows it's typical teenage thinking to believe that their love is the be-all, end-all. Unfortunately they're also incredibly tepid, as individuals and as a couple, so all these romantic moments that should be fraught with emotions are instead lacking any punch to make them memorable.

• Love 6

The love between destined soul mate pairing JaSam is so overwhelming.

I guess it's a miracle that tomorrow Drew is finally sharing scenes with an actual friend! I have gotten a Monica scene and now Curtis...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Linny said:

Shiloh's such a generic baddie

I like Shiloh.  I think he's hot.  I think he could pull off the romantic leading man role that this show so desperately lacks.  Too bad they squandered him in the JaSam storyline.

• Love 9

When Trina mentioned seeing JOscar at the courthouse, I thought for sure we were going to find out that they secretly got married.  Color me shocked that they tried, but were not allowed to get a marriage licence because of their age.  

A talk to a teenage boy about respecting women and their choices should never come from a serial killer, reformed or not.  Stupid show.  The only good thing in that scene is that Cam looked like he was trying hard not to laugh at the stupidity that is Franco.  

Was it weird to anyone else that Gail's photo on the wall was not level with the photo of the person beside her?  No?  Just me and my OCD?!!

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Linny said:

Shiloh's such a generic baddie that I can't tell if he is genuinely into Sam and believes she's legit, or if he's on to her game and playing her right back.

It's hard to tell if he has an inkling or not, but I don't think this will end well for Sam at all.

And yay for the Drew/Curtis scenes tomorrow. I hope it's longer than 2 minutes since fucking Oscar passed out again. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Was it weird to anyone else that Gail's photo on the wall was not level with the photo of the person beside her?  No?  Just me and my OCD?!!

I think the pictures are staggered -- one up, one down, etc. (Or tell yourself that if it'll help . . . )

35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's hard to tell if he has an inkling or not, but I don't think this will end well for Sam at all.

And yay for the Drew/Curtis scenes tomorrow. I hope it's longer than 2 minutes since fucking Oscar passed out again. 

I wonder why he is taping his interactions with Sam.  I wonder if he's going to try to Sam and Kristina against each other.

28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

May sweeps are acomin'!

I feel like I'm watching reruns of the show show during Oscar and Josslyn's scenes. They go to some place, profess their love for one another, and then right after, Oscar has a seizure. It's getting ridiculous at this point. The doctors should just put Oscar in the hospital permanently and let him live out his final days there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Am I the only one getting creeped out with this NXIVM rip-off story?

I don't know if anyone else is following the real story, it's pretty fucking horrible and there have been a few celebrity "suicides" in the news over the last year or so involving red scarves, at least enough to make me queasy when Shiloh pulled out a red scarf instead of any other color, I mean since it was Sam they should have at least gone with black.

Back on topic, Joss and Oscar will never be Robin and Stone, not even close. I do hope Joss and Cam end up together but this story seems to be dragging on forever. 

And Julian gives Kristina money so once again he will be blamed for everything possible. 

Do we think Kristina's "truth" is about Sonny or Alexis? Or Jason? Or Sam? 

Sigh, lately I've been watching The Middle more than GH. This way I can watch GH On Demand and FF most of the show.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Am I the only one getting creeped out with this NXIVM rip-off story?

I officially crossed the line into full on creeped out today. The way he was around her while she wore the scarf was so heavily sexual. The vibes were there before, but today was just really messed up.

I won't be surprised if Sam almost gets raped or gets raped after today's episode. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I think they are going to go for a "big shock" and have it be about white bread Michael. I think that's what his talking to Sonny today about how he and Kristina have always been close and confided in each other was foreshadowing.

• Useful 5
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I officially crossed the line into full on creeped out today. The way he was around her while she wore the scarf was so heavily sexual. The vibes were there before, but today was just really messed up.

I won't be surprised if Sam almost gets raped or gets raped after today's episode. 

Yes! Today was when I crossed the exact same line! I haven't been a fan of this storyline from the beginning but it was the scarf that did it for me too. 

I definitely got rapey vibes too. I also wondered if Sam is beginning to fall for the mind control part, it almost seems like it's being played that way but then again I was only half watching.

34 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think they are going to go for a "big shock" and have it be about white bread Michael. I think that's what his talking to Sonny today about how he and Kristina have always been close and confided in each other was foreshadowing.

It would be awesome if they had a big shock, I see what you mean about the foreshadowing, I'm just wondering what in the world Kristina would have on Michael that they'd be able to retcon in an acceptable way. 

Oh wait. We're talking about TFGH lol

5 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

It would be awesome if they had a big shock, I see what you mean about the foreshadowing, I'm just wondering what in the world Kristina would have on Michael that they'd be able to retcon in an acceptable way. 

Oh wait. We're talking about TFGH lol

Just watch it be something ridiculous like Michael did a blood test and found out he really is Jason's. Or Sonny's (even though that would have been impossible). Or Tony's. Yuck. Can you imagine? If he was Tony's, that would mean Lucas was both his brother and uncle. I'm all seriousness, I bet it has something to do with Michael and ELQ because we can't possibly harm a Corinthos. Maybe it will even turn out to be something that ends up hurting Michael with custody of Wiley when the baby swap story hits the fan.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Just watch it be something ridiculous like Michael did a blood test and found out he really is Jason's. Or Sonny's (even though that would have been impossible). Or Tony's. Yuck. Can you imagine? If he was Tony's, that would mean Lucas was both his brother and uncle. I'm all seriousness, I bet it has something to do with Michael and ELQ because we can't possibly harm a Corinthos. Maybe it will even turn out to be something that ends up hurting Michael with custody of Wiley when the baby swap story hits the fan.

Well, if we're going to change his father, let's change his mother, too.  Baby swap in the hospital.    I'm trying to remember who was on the show then.  I guess it will have to be some random woman one of the men slept with because it's usually kind of obvious when someone's pregnant.  So, Ned could be the father.  I don't know how he would find the time for random sex between all his marriages, but you never know.  But, if we want to Un-Q him, I guess he could be Sonny's.  He's ridiculously fertile.  If we want to go totally random, Colton Shore.  He had sex with someone somewhere who came to PC, had the baby and switched them.  Why?  I don't know.

• Love 1

I don't care what Kristina's super sekrit is, as it's likely some dumb retcon that makes no sense.

Jason talking about Shiloh's ego being huge cracked me up, because look who he's talking to! Mr. Big Ego of Port Charles himself, Sonny.

I'd have thought that Shiloh would slowly start to asking Sam to spend more time at DoD HQ so he could start to separate her from friends and family.

Did Kristina not see Michael at Charlie's? Does she think he won't tell Sonny that Julian gave Kristina money?

Sam really has no concern that the DA is involved in a cult?

I am full of rhetorical questions after today's ep.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

For real.  The only other recent example I can think of is Clint and Kim on OLTL.  I was absolutely delighted that, even though Clint chose Viki, like we knew he would, he and Kim had a lovely talk where he expressed that he still cared about her and was there for her if she ever needed him even if it hadn't worked out between them.

And while it bruised my shipper's heart - and oh, Lynn Herring beautifully captured Lucy's heartache in that moment - I thought it was rather gentleman-ly and very Kevin of him to not let Lucy linger in false hope.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I thought it was rather gentleman-ly and very Kevin of him to not let Lucy linger in false hope.

I liked that part, too. I don't think Lucy has ever let go of the hope that her Doc would come back to her, and this was a really considerate way for Kevin to let her down easy and draw a line under their past. 

• Love 5
(edited)

And it seemed like Lucy was trying to as well, by bringing Kevin to Laura and telling him that that's where he was supposed to be, before sadly tearing herself away (another beautiful moment by Lynn Herring, gawd she's the best when they give her a chance to be).

Oh, something about today's reversion to garbage?  Uhhh....

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I'm assuming Julian is going to be in for it since he landed Kristina the $10K she needed because you know, she talks in riddles and he wants her to invest in a good future for herself.

No good deed goes unpunished when it comes to Julian. He's going to get abused over it because there are no other reasons to keep hating the guy.

Hopefully Michael manages to grow half a brain after Kristina swindled him too.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Although I do like the idea that she could give up something on Michael*, Kristina would happily sacrifice Alexis on the DOD altar before giving up anything on Sonny. How could she possibly know anything incriminating about her father, the Don of the Eastern Seaboard? 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Kristina not see Michael at Charlie's? Does she think he won't tell Sonny that Julian gave Kristina money?

She talked to him there, but he only would have seen that Julian gave her an envelope. Nobody could ever possibly think that there might have been money in it. (/sarcasm font)

*There are a few things in Mikey's past that could be used -- he killed that guy in his apartment and had Sonny's men get rid of the body.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
  1. Sam really has no concern that the DA is involved in a cult?

The DA went after Sonny via Carly and would go after Jason so she's EVUL and deserves to be in a cult. We all know that the law is no good.

• Love 2