Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There's also the fact that Cam AND Aiden both used to be shown with Liz and Lucky all the time,

Yup, Lucky told Cam he learned to be a father because of him, and then the audience was treated to the emphasis of Aiden as Lucky's first bio kid. We saw baby Aiden a lot until JJ left the show. Aiden had one brief scene with Lucky when JJ returned for Tony Geary's retirement storyline. Since then, it seems like Liz gets to have her oldest and/or youngest in a scene when something serious is going on - her non-wedding day to Jake Doe,  Jake telling Aiden to keep quiet about the canister in the magic set, and calling Franco an addition to their family at Thanksgiving.  If JJ ever comes back or Lucky gets recast, I guarantee Aiden will be seen fairly often (and possibly Cam too).

Meanwhile, TPTB think Jake should help drive storyline because he's golden boy Jason's (gag) first born, as opposed to Michael, who gets treated as Jason's first born. I was amused at Jason angrily telling Britt that Danny is living with a man who is not his father. Gotta love Karma.  I loved Britt's "yeah, I think I heard about that" (in an I-really-don't care-tone) in response to Jason informing her that he's Danny's father.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
On 12/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, dubbel zout said:

Also, James Franco and Guza never intended the character to be more than a very limited deal. It was Frank and Ron who decided a  presumed-dead SERIAL KILLER was the best fit for Roger Howarth. I will never understand that thinking.

Well, it's not like they could cast him as a Quartermaine or a Webber.  That's just crazy talk!  [/SMH]

On 12/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, BF4L said:

It was painfully obvious Frank and Ron wanted to push out Steve and Mo in order to replace them with Michael and Roger. It backfired big time.

A shame, too, because Michael and Roger are better actors than Mo and Steve by orders of magnitude.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Meanwhile, TPTB think Jake should help drive storyline because he's golden boy Jason's (gag) first born, as opposed to Michael, who gets treated as Jason's first born. I was amused at Jason angrily telling Britt that Danny is living with a man who is not his father. Gotta love Karma.  I loved Britt's "yeah, I think I heard about that" (in an I-really-don't care-tone) in response to Jason informing her that he's Danny's father.  

I guess were suppose to feel sorry for Jasus that another man is raising his child and who he is most likely doing a better job than he will ever do.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, LillyB said:

What really bothers me about Jake is that the show failed to address what happened to him when he was "dead'.

This kid lost 4 years that he spent primarily with Helena. BUT all we got was HatedSam!Jake, Helena's kiddie book and later we were treated to the moronic Chimera crap. All of which went nowhere. But this show only cares about Jake due to the fact that he is Jason's son. What happened to him, who raised him, all means nothing. 

Jason should be thrilled that his kids can be raised by someone out of the mob. He never cared to raise Jake. He was ok with leaving that to Liz and Lucky. He never put anyone before his loyalty to Michael and Sonny. In that order. His own sons would be further down on that list.

The Q twins with one set of memories should've been the Chimera story. Jake should've been a witness of it. Andre could've been keeping Jake's memory of it in a haze/block. At least it would've made some sense. Because the young Franco aspect of this crap was just ridiculous. Franco should've been desperately trying to help Andre keep the Q twins a secret.

• Love 5
On 12/9/2017 at 11:29 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Of all Nelle's schemes, the way she wears eyeliner is the worst.

I thought that Rebecca character had the worst eyeliner. Of course, she also chewed gum. That's how you knew she was really evil.

Finally all caught up over the last several months. I haven't been around here much. I'm still the only one who likes Ava/Maura, so I took an extended break.

A few random musings: 1) Navy Lawyer guy looks really familiar. Do we know who played him? 2) I kind of like the way they're doing the Jason/Sam/Drew triangle. The obvious thought would be she would go running back to Jason, because it's Jason. But this is different. She's not trapped in a loveless marriage like Marty was to Dylan, when she loved Patrick (OLTL) or Leo was to Laura, when he loved Greenlee (AMC - why the hell didn't you guys tell me about them sooner? And no, he didn't die and they went on to have a fabulous life away from his psycho mother in Paris and gorgeous babies. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)

Okay, I digress. I liked Jasam 1.0 but then I grew to really despise Jason. You can call it crap writing if you want, but he was an asshole to her after she thought she was raped, and I still haven't forgiven him for that. I've kind of always been Team whatever makes Sam happy. Although that's been hard at times. I liked BM's Jason a lot better than I liked SB's Jason. I liked the different kind of chem that they brought. And since Drew is the underdog, I'm just kind of predisposed to root for him. Great scene with him and Jake.

Nelle sucks, but she had the line of the year with "Congratulations, Grandma!" Of course, I imagined it in my head with Ava as Nelle and Morgan as Michael, because that's how I felt that story should have been written. Oh well.

Oscar. Painful to watch. The actor is blank. He makes RP look like DeNiro. Okay, not quite but you get the point. And please tell me that we will never, ever, ever have to hear the words Ask Man Landers ever again.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I thought that Rebecca character had the worst eyeliner. Of course, she also chewed gum. That's how you knew she was really evil.

Finally all caught up over the last several months. I haven't been around here much. I'm still the only one who likes Ava/Maura, so I took an extended break.

A few random musings: 1) Navy Lawyer guy looks really familiar. Do we know who played him? 2) I kind of like the way they're doing the Jason/Sam/Drew triangle. The obvious thought would be she would go running back to Jason, because it's Jason. But this is different. She's not trapped in a loveless marriage like Marty was to Dylan, when she loved Patrick (OLTL) or Leo was to Laura, when he loved Greenlee (AMC - why the hell didn't you guys tell me about them sooner? And no, he didn't die and they went on to have a fabulous life away from his psycho mother in Paris and gorgeous babies. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)

Okay, I digress. I liked Jasam 1.0 but then I grew to really despise Jason. You can call it crap writing if you want, but he was an asshole to her after she thought she was raped, and I still haven't forgiven him for that. I've kind of always been Team whatever makes Sam happy. Although that's been hard at times. I liked BM's Jason a lot better than I liked SB's Jason. I liked the different kind of chem that they brought. And since Drew is the underdog, I'm just kind of predisposed to root for him. Great scene with him and Jake.

Nelle sucks, but she had the line of the year with "Congratulations, Grandma!" Of course, I imagined it in my head with Ava as Nelle and Morgan as Michael, because that's how I felt that story should have been written. Oh well.

Oscar. Painful to watch. The actor is blank. He makes RP look like DeNiro. Okay, not quite but you get the point. And please tell me that we will never, ever, ever have to hear the words Ask Man Landers ever again.

I’ll give Oscar a pass since he’s only like 13 or 14, right? Meanwhile, we have to watch Sonny browbeat & interrogate a teenager like he’s some bad ass.  MB sucks. 

• Love 5

Nelle's character reminds me of a game my son Invented when he was about four. He would play "school"  and there was one really bad kid called "Naughty Girl" --  some old doll he found. Naughty Girl delighted in doing terrible things to the other kids like pulling their chairs out from under them or breaking their toys. My role was to be the teacher and catch Naughty Girl in the act. She'd offer some lame excuse and I'd say, " Stop lying, Naughty Girl. I'm sick of it!" and throw her across the room.

So Nelle is really just Naughty Girl 20 years later, sporting ugly lipstick and a creepy smile. Michael is constantly throwing her across the room, and the writing is about as subtle as something any four-year old might dream up. 

• Love 10

Soooo based on these scenes the little dude playing Jake is now better than half the fucking contrast cast, but we still gotta wait for dancin'-as-fast-as-I-can Nicolas Bechtel or mugging school photo queen Emma for any of these kids to get played? We can't SORAS Cam, Spencer or Emma because those two who aren't half as good might have a few days off in the spring, and they might get confused if that nice marionette playing Cameron is finally recast? All we got is room temperature talent teen Joss and her boyfriend Worse-Than-Rafe? Okay!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

You're not alone TVGODDESS, I don't care what they try to do, Ava/Maura is one of the few reasons I haven't thrown my television across the room. The actress is great, the character, not as great due to the writers but Maura makes things tolerable even when the writers are at their stupidest. Also, anyone who hates Sonny and Carly as much as I do is aces in my book. I just wish she could get her daughter AJ back, Sonny doesn't care about his offspring unless they are male and can be used for whatever Sonny needs them for at the moment. That's why he's sad Morgan died, one less boy-child he can manippleate (or however he mangles that word).

Damn. I really hate Sonny. And Carly. And St Jasus. And the list is much longer but I'll leave it at the Unholy Trinity.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

First of all, happen to see you here again, @tvgoddess. I missed your posts. I too was into Jason/Sam in the beginning. I hate myself for it, but it is what it is! Anyway, I am rooting for Drew too, if only for his underdog status like you mentioned. But also because he's not Jason and I really hate Jason lol.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Chewing gum is the new, TV-acceptable smoking cigarettes. Has anyone on GH smoked since early Liz, to signal "trouble"? Can't remember.  

No, there are a few of us.  

Nelle sucks, but she had the line of the year with "Congratulations, Grandma!"

I might wish this were setting up a stroke storyline for Carly. I mean, all the pieces are in place. She's rage-prone. She probably has untreated high blood pressure. She's no spring chicken anymore. She's repeatedly mocked Ava for disfigurement, so she might have earned a karmic facial droop (although that might be harder to fake on a daytime budget). It's allegedly a show about a hospital, and they have a brain guy (tm Chris Van Etten). It would give Bobbie something to do. Hell, it would give Aunt Stella something to do. She could bond with Carly over their having had strokes. And I do think Laura Wright has the chops to play things like having trouble buttoning her clothes if she had some residual partial paralysis.

We'd doubtless be stuck with scenes of Sonny begging God for her full recovery, and making it all about his own suffering, but we're going to get those on a quarterly basis anyway, over some issue or another. I think they're in Mo's contract.   

• Love 8
On 12/9/2017 at 2:22 PM, Oracle42 said:

*That's why the Franco/Liz pairing is repulsive to me. Tumor or no tumor, he cold-bloodedly used rape as a weapon twice.  And then continued to publicly torment his victims with that violation as a game.

Oh, I don't know 'bout all that. If Stripey the zebra approves, then who am I to disagree

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:
14 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I’ll give Oscar a pass since he’s only like 13 or 14, right? 

He's not good. This show is shooting in L.A. I refuse to believe that that can't find better than the  "actors" playing Joss and Oscar.   If they're going to give them long scenes by themselves and actual storylines, these roles need to be cast with actual actors, not cheap extras from bad Disney shows.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

He's not good. This show is shooting in L.A. I refuse to believe that that can't find better than the  "actors" playing Joss and Oscar.   If they're going to give them long scenes by themselves and actually storylines, these roles need to be cast with actual actors, not cheap extras from bad Disney shows.

I'll give you Oscar but the actress playing Joss is amazing. IMO! It think she was a real casting find. Of course, what do I know. LOL!!!

• Love 3

I thought Hannah Nordberg (the younger Joss) suffered from professional-child-actor syndrome, the same way I think the kid playing Jake does. (Nicholas Bechtel is in his own zip code as far as that goes, though he gets very different writing than the other kids.)

I know it can't be easy to find child actors who can do what the show needs, which is a reason not to give them stories where they have to do heavy lifting.

Why is Anna crying about the Jason thing with André? When he was telling her about the memory swap, she was more excited than appalled.

Of fucking course Andre had a wife whose diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's was the impetus for his memory mapping, that's such an inspired reasoning. I was alright with those scenes until Jordan barged in so indignantly. Yeah, he lied to her about being married, but he also lied about being complicit in switching Jason for Drew, so she shouldn't be so scandalized that he has multiple skeletons in his closet. Jordan and Andre haven't been together in a long time and they were always a half-baked couple, so this bit of closure between them felt unearned.

Don't get the point of Nelle's pregnancy. The writers have avoided any opportunity to rehabilitate the character, so I don't think a relationship with Michael is a viable option. So what, the baby's going to be a tool for leverage in the battle between Nelle and Michael/Carly? No thanks.

And the Oscar goes to Drew Cain. Congratulations, Drew, you've won a meek teenager with no discernible personality. The kid playing Oscar was passable in small doses but he's just not capable of handling this meatier role.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Linny said:

Of fucking course Andre had a wife whose diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's was the impetus for his memory mapping, that's such an inspired reasoning. I was alright with those scenes until Jordan barged in so indignantly. Yeah, he lied to her about being married, but he also lied about being complicit in switching Jason for Drew, so she shouldn't be so scandalized that he has multiple skeletons in his closet. Jordan and Andre haven't been together in a long time and they were always a half-baked couple, so this bit of closure between them felt unearned.

Don't get the point of Nelle's pregnancy. The writers have avoided any opportunity to rehabilitate the character, so I don't think a relationship with Michael is a viable option. So what, the baby's going to be a tool for leverage in the battle between Nelle and Michael/Carly? No thanks.

And the Oscar goes to Drew Cain. Congratulations, Drew, you've won a meek teenager with no discernible personality. The kid playing Oscar was passable in small doses but he's just not capable of handling this meatier role.

It's funny. Everytime I see Oscar he reminds me of that Rafe character. I'm not sure who he was paired up with but he was somebody's kid and thankfully died. Anyway, he had dark hair and reminds me a lot of Oscar.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It's funny. Everytime I see Oscar he reminds me of that Rafe character. I'm not sure who he was paired up with but he was somebody's kid and thankfully died. Anyway, he had dark hair and reminds me a lot of Oscar.

He wanted to be with Molly, but pretended to be with...Felix's sister, who wanted TJ. It was a mess. And thank goodness they jettisoned him. Oscar reminds me so much of him, and he, like the Borg, has just one expression: pouting with a blank look in his eyes. Borg just has a blank look. Except when he's in scenes with Robin!

Are we headed toward some weird quadrangle with Jason/Sam/Drew/Kim? Because please no. For my sanity, please no.

The Oscar actor is just boring. There is no energy to his acting. He sucks the oxygen out of the room.

Die, Nelle, you and your eyeliner. It really takes a lot to make me root for Carly. So thanks for nothing terrible character.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Don't get the point of Nelle's pregnancy. 

on a better show, with better actors, they would do a parallel with Carly/AJ/baby Michael. The schemer uses the pregnancy to improve her station in life, attempts to use Michael's troubled past (hello? convicted manslaughterer?) to keep baby away from its father. F

I would effin love to watch Carly -- as someone else uses her OG playbook on her own son. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I was alright with those scenes until Jordan barged in so indignantly. Yeah, he lied to her about being married, . . .

And, of course she's never lied to people who were important to her -- not about her past,  or her job, or her son's father . . .

• Love 10

I think the girl who plays Joss is okay . . . I find her kind of blah though.

I think Oscar is probably better than he seems because he probably just can't hack doing stuff in one take, but that doesn't stop me from mumbling in imitation whenever I hear him talk. And I don't care about his paternity angst, and I would like to ask, HOW does FV hire an actor that makes me go, "no! Bring back RPW as Dillon! He was a better Quartermaine!"

So because Kim didn't want to put it an e-mail, she didn't tell Drew about Oscar? Getting angry is pointless now, so I get why Drew didn't make a bigger deal out of it, but that was a pretty lousy reason from Kim.

Just now, sacrebleu said:

on a better show, with better actors, they would do a parallel with Carly/AJ/baby Michael. The schemer uses the pregnancy to improve her station in life, attempts to use Michael's troubled past (hello? convicted manslaughterer?) to keep baby away from its father. F

I would effin love to watch Carly -- as someone else uses her OG playbook on her own son. 

It would have to be with another actress. Nelle is only marginally less plodding as a bad girl. imo.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder if CVE being promoted led to Nelle being rejiggered into a straight-ahead bitch.  Sadly, it's kinda too little, too late.

I always got the impression that Chloe Lanier (Nelle) was on her way out. Weren’t all the people in Port Charles saying, “I could kill her!”. Which basically means the character is being killed off in a murder mystery. 

• Love 1

Maybe I should put this in the Unpopular Thread, but I’m just petty enough to enjoy Nelle dragging the SheBeast, and throwing how she slept with AJ and Tony, lied about who the father was and getting Jason to say he was Michael’s father. And that the Stupider Little Shit slept with a woman EXACTLY like his skank of a mother. And said Mother could only come back with calling Nelle a bitch.????? And That SLS doesn’t even realize when he tells Nelle that every time he turns around, he catches her in a lie.  JUST.LIKE.HIS.MAMA.

I loved and still love AJ and Tony, and that piece of trash screwed over and ruined them and their lives.

Mooby and Jason just SUCK as mobsters. Talking about their bidnez in front of Britt. And my ?????so HARD when Jason was able to pull out that manuscript that was barely damaged and had been burning for how long??

Jordan sucks. Listening in on a private conversation when Anna isn’t even questioning Andre as a cop. But then I have to remind myself what show this is.

Kim telling Drew and Sam about Oscar...?????????

• Love 11

Two  things that I liked today:  Nelle taunting Carly with her past in the Who's Michael's Real Daddy?  from among all the men she claimed/ slept with because it was such classic soapy goodness; and Drew dealing with the idea that he has a son because I was afraid that the story would be all about SBu and his mental box of pain.

Joss is tolerable but Oscar is so wooden I keep expecting Geppheto to show up and take him back.

Sonny and Jason trying to strong arm Britt was just ugh.

• Love 12

I REALLY enjoyed Carly getting called out on her past with AJ, Jason and Dr. Jones about Michael's paternity, pre-Sonny.  Carly's seething anger over that is such fun to watch.  And I say that as someone who is not interested in Nelle or Michael relationship stuff.   Although, Carly somehow being responsible for Nelle having a miscarriage and Michael raging at her as a result would be compelling.  How many times have Sonny and Carly said that AJ pushed Carly down the stairs/caused  Carly's miscarriage re: that accident on the Q staircase? I laughed at the preview of Carly complaining to Bobbie that Nelle will use this baby to get whatever she wants.  Hey Carly, the Q Family and Jason have been putting up with that sort of behavior for ....um, how many years old is your son Michael?  They have all survived; you will too.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I REALLY enjoyed Carly getting called out on her past with AJ, Jason and Dr. Jones about Michael's paternity, pre-Sonny.  Carly's seething anger over that is such fun to watch.  And I say that as someone who is not interested in Nelle or Michael relationship stuff.   Although, Carly somehow being responsible for Nelle having a miscarriage and Michael raging at her as a result would be compelling.  How many times have Sonny and Carly said that AJ pushed Carly down the stairs/caused  Carly's miscarriage re: that accident on the Q staircase? I laughed at the preview of Carly complaining to Bobbie that Nelle will use this baby to get whatever she wants.  Hey Carly, the Q Family and Jason have been putting up with that sort of behavior for ....um, how many years old is your son Michael?  They have all survived; you will too.

No they didn't. Having that bitch birth AJ's first and ultimately only child caused the deaths of Justus and AJ and indirectly caused the death Emily and caused Jason to be that more tied to Sonny. 

• Love 4

I don't care anything about Nelle, and Michael is still the SLS that he was when he was still the redheaded menace, but I AM HERE FOR any and all dragging of Carly and/or having her past thrown in her face.  If the show had any semblance of fairness Bobbie would tell her "Well, honey, Nelle is a lot of things, but she's not wrong in how you handled Michael's paternity."  God forbid anyone is allowed to get one up on that loudmouth, though.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

No they didn't. Having that bitch birth AJ's first and ultimately only child caused the deaths of Justus and AJ and indirectly caused the death Emily and caused Jason to be that more tied to Sonny. 

That's a stretch, IMO. I was thinking mostly of Monica, Alan, AJ, Edward and Lila, and somewhat Jason.  As for Sonny, I believe he shot AJ because he felt entitled (for several hypocritical and/or b.s. reasons), because he was angry and jealous that Michael had developed a relationship with AJ. and a little bit because he thought AJ killed Connie

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That's a stretch, IMO. I was thinking mostly of Monica, Alan, AJ, Edward and Lila, and somewhat Jason.  As for Sonny, I believe he shot AJ because he felt entitled (for several hypocritical and/or b.s. reasons), because he was angry and jealous that Michael had developed a relationship with AJ. and a little bit because he thought AJ killed Connie

I don't think it is. Carly using Michael to keep her hooks into Jason and hold leverage over the Qs. Having Jason so closely tied to Sonny through Michael did lead to Jason asking Justus to work for the mob (Mary Mae would be proud! sarcasm)It did lead to the death of AJ. If anyone else but Carly was Michael's mother, AJ could have had a few more kids right now. Both Alan and Emily got swept into the mob violence that constantly surrounded Jason's life.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't think it is. Carly using Michael to keep her hooks into Jason and hold leverage over the Qs. Having Jason so closely tied to Sonny through Michael did lead to Jason asking Justus to work for the mob (Mary Mae would be proud! sarcasm)It did lead to the death of AJ. If anyone else but Carly was Michael's mother, AJ could have had a few more kids right now. Both Alan and Emily got swept into the mob violence that constantly surrounded Jason's life.

Was there an AJ-is-now-sterile story that was Carly's fault that I missed???

I don't understand the logic;  by such thinking you could go back to when Robin introduced Jason to Sonny, and blame Robin for "starting the mess." IMO Justus working for the Mob was because of his own poor judgement, not because of Michael's birth or Carly being his mother. Jason, not Justus, was the brain damaged one. But I understand you feel strongly about all of this; we can agree to disagree. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Was there an AJ-is-now-sterile story that was Carly's fault that I missed???

I don't understand the logic;  by such thinking you could go back to when Robin introduced Jason to Sonny, and blame Robin for "starting the mess." IMO Justus working for the Mob was because of his own poor judgement, not because of Michael's birth or Carly being his mother. Jason, not Justus, was the brain damaged one. But I understand you feel strongly about all of this; we can agree to disagree. 

I didn't say AJ was sterile. I said if anyone but Carly was Michael's mother, AJ might have had a better shot of finding and keeping a woman that wasn't a borderline personality type bitch (which Carly totally was).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe I should put this in the Unpopular Thread, but I’m just petty enough to enjoy Nelle dragging the SheBeast, and throwing how she slept with AJ and Tony, lied about who the father was and getting Jason to say he was Michael’s father. And that the Stupider Little Shit slept with a woman EXACTLY like his skank of a mother. And said Mother could only come back with calling Nelle a bitch.????? And That SLS doesn’t even realize when he tells Nelle that every time he turns around, he catches her in a lie.  JUST.LIKE.HIS.MAMA.

I loved and still love AJ and Tony, and that piece of trash screwed over and ruined them and their lives.

Mooby and Jason just SUCK as mobsters. Talking about their bidnez in front of Britt. And my ?????so HARD when Jason was able to pull out that manuscript that was barely damaged and had been burning for how long??

GHSCORPIOSRULE Yours is most definitely NOT an unpopular opinion.  Carly is a heinous beast and I loved the fact that Nelle did her research and was able throw Carly's past in her face and in front of Michael.  I hate the way he judges Nelle for her behavior but keeps giving Carly and Sonny a pass on their behavior.  His parent's behavior is 100,000x's worse. It makes him look like a douche and a hypocrite.   

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Although, Carly somehow being responsible for Nelle having a miscarriage and Michael raging at her as a result would be compelling.  How many times have Sonny and Carly said that AJ pushed Carly down the stairs/caused  Carly's miscarriage re: that accident on the Q staircase? I laughed at the preview of Carly complaining to Bobbie that Nelle will use this baby to get whatever she wants.  Hey Carly, the Q Family and Jason have been putting up with that sort of behavior for ....um, how many years old is your son Michael?  They have all survived; you will too.

Michael could have Nelle move into the Quartermaine mansion so he could keep an eye on her.  Carly comes to see Nelle and confronts her on the staircase.  Nelle turns around to go back upstairs and Carly grabs Nelle's arm to stop her. Nelle falls and the baby is killed.  Nelle presses charges.  Because it is 2017 there is security footage of the confrontation which shows that Carly was indeed responsible for the death of her grandchild.  Carly is arrested, convicted and set to prison.  Once Michael see the security footage he turns his back on his mother once and for all.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, seasons said:

F you, Jordan.

Incredibly selfish reaction.

I know! Wouldn't most women feel conflicted, moved by his suffering, but *secretly* irritated -- then go off and half-guiltily grouse to a girlfriend that he never told her about this wife?    

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Two  things that I liked today:  Nelle taunting Carly with her past in the Who's Michael's Real Daddy?  from among all the men she claimed/ slept with because it was such classic soapy goodness; and Drew dealing with the idea that he has a son because I was afraid that the story would be all about SBu and his mental box of pain.

I liked it, too. I hope she repeats the same thing with Bobbi (complete with "Hi, Great-Grandma!"). Bobbi cut her own path of mayhem through town as a young nurse. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny and Jason trying to strong arm Britt was just ugh.

I've already heard the phrase "the Traitor" more than I want to. Sonny was such a douche the whole time

The André stuff was dumb—of course his wife has early onset Alzheimer's, so he created a program that was co-opted by an evil entity, as happens—but I think the actor did a really nice job with all that exposition.

34 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:
9 hours ago, seasons said:

F you, Jordan.

Incredibly selfish reaction.

I know! Wouldn't most women feel conflicted, moved by his suffering, but *secretly* irritated -- then go off and half-guiltily grouse to a girlfriend that he never told her about this wife?    

Seriously. I mean, yes, André was wrong not to say anything, but under the circumstances, Jordan's reaction is pretty gross. It's not as if Andre were cheating with Jordan.

Sam's reaction to Drew being Oscar's father was refreshingly even-keeled.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think the Joss actress is less bad in scenes with adults, but I don't think she's as good as the 9/10 year old that she replaced. 

I think she does okay with lighter moments and humor, but not so much with drama. And in a show with many, many grating female voices, hers stands out as especially annoying for me. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Michael could have Nelle move into the Quartermaine mansion so he could keep an eye on her.  Carly comes to see Nelle and confronts her on the staircase.  Nelle turns around to go back upstairs and Carly grabs Nelle's arm to stop her. Nelle falls and the baby is killed.  Nelle presses charges.  Because it is 2017 there is security footage of the confrontation which shows that Carly was indeed responsible for the death of her grandchild.  Carly is arrested, convicted and set to prison.  Once Michael see the security footage he turns his back on his mother once and for all.

I'd prefer this scenario if there were not security-cam footage, and Nelle keeps saying that Carly "pushed her down the stairs." And then other characters start parroting the wording. "She pushed a pregnant woman down the stairs!" Then over time it gets further exaggerated to "threw her down the stairs." Oh, and right before Carly's grabs Nelle's wrist, Nelle has to be taunting Carly with an engagement ring Michael has given her. 

I watched the Monday episode online, and the sample screen-freeze of it on the link was Michael pulling a droopy-dog face; Carly to the right, fangs bared, face a mask of rage. Truth in advertising. That one picture summed up both of their characters so well.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe I should put this in the Unpopular Thread, but I’m just petty enough to enjoy Nelle dragging the SheBeast, and throwing how she slept with AJ and Tony, lied about who the father was and getting Jason to say he was Michael’s father. And that the Stupider Little Shit slept with a woman EXACTLY like his skank of a mother. And said Mother could only come back with calling Nelle a bitch.

Oh, no. Carly getting dragged is always awesome. My Nelle hatred and why do we even have this character on the show trumps that for me. It makes me sad.

• Love 2

I agree that the actor who plays Oscar isn't exactly fantastic, but I'm willing to give him a pass because at least he isn't one of those child actors that seems so common now who overacts everything to where he is practically a cartoon character.  The kids on Disney Channel shows are great examples of this.  

Can someone please find Nelle some better lipstick?  That bright red she wears is doing nothing for her and makes her mouth look really odd.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 2

You know, in theory I should be rooting for Nelle against Michael/Carly/Sonny, if only because of the principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but I can't bring myself to do it. She's nothing but a one-note bad girl whose every word is derogatory, there's no nuance, no glimmer of humanity that makes her worth caring about. I can't derive any satisfaction from her actions even though she's causing Carly distress. We're just spinning our wheels with this character, no matter the situation, and I'm so over it.

Everyone's horrified reactions to Nelle's pregnancy was played perfectly, however. Special love to Dante's "damn, dude, I don't envy you!" attitude toward Michael. I live for Dante's reactions to the crazy drama that surrounds his family, it's always so good.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The crop of actors and child actors in the past decade have been abysmal.  No longer do we have actors that had the caliber of Kimberly McCullough, Jonathan Jackson, Amber Tamblyn, Rebecca Herbst any longer.

Absolutely love Becky but she was 20 when she started as Liz. :)

I can't remember if AT was a bit rough when she started and Kim had the little kid cuteness factor and being surrounded  by good soap actors. She had time to grow in to it.  That being said I would think there would be plenty of choices for them but the casting hasn't been awesome in my opinion for a long time.  Definitely haven't had anyone new (without previous soap experience) I consider break out since Patrick.  But I haven't watched since they got Jasam back together before Jason died and started torturing Scrubs either so my opinion should come with a giant grain of salt.