Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I will give this to Pat, she's still behind Connie for me in the "Most Pointless/Barely Here Character and yet they keep trying to wring her death for emotional beats" sweepstakes.

What's a shame is that I liked Pat - both Teenage and Dee Wallace versions - and still wish they had let her live for a while once her exposition in the Fluke mess was over.  But her constantly being invoked by Valerie is super old.

• Love 7

Up to now, no mention of Lucas but Valerie is there? Carly's school girl denial he was getting a surprise for her while everyone else looked at her like she's nuts was hilarious. Spinelli who Sonny does not like would be a surprise to make the wedding perfect? LOL

That baby needs to go back to Michael & Sabrina. She prefers Sabrina.

I wish Sonny would die already. 

• Love 5

Lots of eye rolling that Sonny grabbed Jakeson by the shirt so that he has a blood-stained, light blue t-shirt for going to see Carly and her few wedding guests - I assume to deliver Sonny's "ILY" message. 

SHUT UP, TJ. Sam is correct that Sonny will not die (no matter how many audience members wish it).

Avery is an awesome scene stealer.  She makes it infinitely easier to ignore Carly. 

• Love 5

Ugh, the whole Lulu/Dante/Valerie thing is so paint-by-numbers, with Lulu OF COURSE cooing that she wants another baby and then Valerie OF COURSE feeling sick at that exact same moment.

Anna's finally seeing Sloane's true colors, about time.  I hope she's allowed to take him down in a super satisfying fashion.

And yes, no mention of Lucas?  Ridiculous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Up to now, no mention of Lucas but Valerie is there? 

Valerie has to go to at least one Sonny and Carly wedding. It's like the Port Charles welcome wagon! 

Ugh, the whole Lulu/Dante/Valerie thing is so paint-by-numbers, with Lulu OF COURSE cooing that she wants another baby and then Valerie OF COURSE feeling sick at that exact same moment.

I thought the whole point of Dante cheating was to get them away from babies.

• Love 4

Isn't it more that you have to attend one of Sonny's weddings rather than a Sonny/Carly wedding?*  I believe Ellie's first PC social event was the Sonny/Kate wedding where she announced she was Connie and was already married to Johnny.  I loved Ellie's reaction to all of that.

*ETA

I guess the way you wrote it could be interpreted as a Sonny or Carly wedding.  Between his 5 weddings to Carly, his multiple attempted weddings to Kate/Connie, Brenda and Lily and Carly's weddings to Sonny, France, Jax, AJ, Lorenzo?, one of those two are always getting married.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck

Jake, it might have been less shocking if you maybe called Carly instead of showing up bloody at her wedding.  I know she is used to violence, but christ on a cracker dude.  It's stupid that he left while Sonny was still being worked on to go tell her instead of calling.  I get it was for ~dramatic effect~ but come on.

I did love how Sam stayed put for exactly 5 seconds before chasing after him....Girl does not follow directions well.  And I get that they wanted the poignant Sason moment, but Sam just standing there while Sonny is bleeding out was dumb.  She could at least have held his other hand....And I swear Sam called Jake Jason at one point....did anyone else hear it or am I nuts?  I'll have to youtube it later.

oldnuSloane....dude please go away.  His inflection for everything is exactly the same. 

I really hope they are screwing with us over this Valerie being sick shit.  Please....no more ONS babies!

• Love 5

I don't think Lucas has ever had to suffer through one, right?

No, but still, he's been around. And he has no contract. No contract, no invite!

He'd have to sleep with Monica or Tracy for that to happen. And even then, he's Sonny's son, so I wouldn't put a miracle baby past anyone.

Sonny would have been able to knock up Lulu though. Dante's not quite up to his speed. ;)

Isn't it more that you have to attend one of Sonny's wedding rather than a Sonny/Carly wedding?*

True, true.

oldnuSloane....dude please go away.  His inflection for everything is exactly the same.

It's coming. I can feel it!

Edited by ulkis

I know the answer is "Because she's BSC", but why on earth would Carly's first guess at a surprise from Sonny be Spinelli and not, oh I don't know, JOSS? Or Kristina? Or Corbin Bernson (is dear old dad still alive, I've been on the barge for a while)? Is she really that close to Spinelli?

• Love 2

No, but still, he's [Lucas] been around. And he has no contract. No contract, no invite!

Poor Lucas, I guess he only gets invited to weddings involving SERIAL KILLERS. 

Or is he really not there to show the divide between Sonny's family and Julian's family?

Edited by TeeVee329

I know the answer is "Because she's BSC", but why on earth would Carly's first guess at a surprise from Sonny be Spinelli and not, oh I don't know, JOSS? Or Kristina? Or Corbin Bernson (is dear old dad still alive, I've been on the barge for a while)? Is she really that close to Spinelli?

No, she's not. Maybe that was just supposed to show how deep in denial she was. How bizarre.

I'm pretty sure Carly's dad was killed, but don't quote me.

• Love 1

Carly likes Spinelli so I think that they are friends. Their favorite person in the world was Jason.

Sure, they're friends, but not such great ones that she would think Sonny was bringing him as surprise. Especially when her own daughter and brother weren't there.

Has any of Sonny's weddings gone well?  Kate was shot at the altar, Kannie announced that she married Johnny and Brenda was kidnapped

Hey, that got married though, him and Brenda, so that qualifies as a good wedding in Sonny's book.

I guess his weddings to Lily and Claudia went off without a hitch though. Did they show Sonny and Lily getting married on-screen?

I wish Avery had started screaming when Lulu took her, and Lulu took it as an omen not to have any more kids. Avery cheering and clapping was so adorable. I was also sort of hoping Carly would drop Avery when she saw Jake and his oh-so-artfully-bloodied T-shirt. Hee.

I feel like they had Sonny get shot because the BPD story with Morgan took so much out of Mo that he needs a rest.

I'm sure TJ feeling guilty that Sonny got shot because of him won't make him (TJ) decide he shouldn't continue living with Sonny. It will probably make him want to stay so he can make it up to Sonny. Ugh.

• Love 5
I guess his weddings to Lily and Claudia went off without a hitch though. Did they show Sonny and Lily getting married on-screen?

Sonny and Lily got married onscreen. The only bad thing that happened at the wedding was that earlier burned Lily's veil from her mother.

For Sonny's weddings to Carly, they went like this:

• first one, they got married quickly in Sonny's apartment so she wouldn't have to testify against him
  • second one, they got married in Martinique and when they got back, Sonny started to freeze her out because of the danger
  • third one, they were getting married when Taggert interrupted to arrest one of them. They married afterwards
  • fourth one, they got married so she wouldn't have to testify against him for shooting Alcazar in the head

Sonny's weddings to Brenda ended up with him leaving him at the altar and then later Sam mistakenly being confused for Brenda and being blown up by the Balkan.

Sonny's weddings to Connie, ended with her getting shot by Anthony and then later ruined because Connie was already married to Johnny.

Sonny married Claudia without a hitch except the secret that she was behind Michael's coma.

• Love 2

Up to now, no mention of Lucas but Valerie is there? Carly's school girl denial he was getting a surprise for her while everyone else looked at her like she's nuts was hilarious. Spinelli who Sonny does not like would be a surprise to make the wedding perfect? LOL

Seriously, Sonny hates Spinelli.

Lots of eye rolling that Sonny grabbed Jakeson by the shirt so that he has a blood-stained, light blue t-shirt for going to see Carly and her few wedding guests - I assume to deliver Sonny's "ILY" message.

I'm surprised Sonny didn't wrote "ILY"" in his own blood…or is that reserved for confusingly revealing who killed you?

Carly likes Spinelli so I think that they are friends. Their favorite person in the world was Jason.

Sonny's wants always outweigh everyone else, so Carly thinking he'd invite that turd is ridiculous.

mybabyaidan, it was said last week that Lucas had to work and couldn't attend the wedding. I can't remember exactly, but I think there was a line about him trying to make it.to at least some of the reception.

• Love 4

Today's episode went about as well as could be expected considering what it was dealing with.  Maybe even sensibly, after a fashion (if inevitably dragged out), WRT Sonny being shot...the problem is that ultimately I was just waiting for Carly to get The Call and either go into shock or faint, and instead a bloodstained Jake just shows up at Sonny's house.  Dramatic effect at work, I know, but not the way I would have preferred it go down.  At least Anna reading Sloane the riot act was nice, and Hayden's abs continue to steal every scene they're in, and Avery really did make everything better--even Carly's schoolmarm hairdo (LW was rocking the dress, but that hairstyle made her look like Lena Spencer again).

• Love 4

Did gasping-for-his-last-breath-Sonny say something to Jakeson along the lines of he/Sonny 'knew you'd be here for me, you always are' or some kind of dreck that made it sound like Sonny was referring to Jason?

I can't care enough to watch it again, just wondering if we're finally approaching the slowest reveal ever.

• Love 1

I don't think Lucas has ever had to suffer through one, right?

Well, I could be misremembering, but he could have been at the Carly/Franco debacle last year.

I'm surprised Sonny didn't wrote "ILY"" in his own blood…or is that reserved for confusingly revealing who killed you?

I would love it if he wrote JJ in blood, Julian got arrested and then it turned out Jerry Jax did it. Then no cop would ever take initials in blood as a clue (which would be a callback to "Who Killed Diana Taylor?" because Heather wrote 'Annie Wilkes killed me' in Diana's blood, then it was determined that Diana died instantly and couldn't have written anything in her own blood). Really showing my age with that one. 

• Love 3

Well, I could be misremembering, but he could have been at the Carly/Franco debacle last year.

Oh he was, he even walked her down the aisle.  But I don't think he's ever been to any of her other weddings, particularly any to Sonny.

Did gasping-for-his-last-breath-Sonny say something to Jakeson along the lines of he/Sonny 'knew you'd be here for me, you always are' or some kind of dreck that made it sound like Sonny was referring to Jason?

I can't care enough to watch it again, just wondering if we're finally approaching the slowest reveal ever.

Yes, that happened.

Spinelli and Sonny are Jason's true loves.

• Love 1

I think Sonny softened on Spinelli when Jason died - in part because Sonny/Jason = Jason/Spinelli but with computers instead of guns

Even so, there's no way Carly should be thinking Sonny would bring him as a surprise. I'm going with "Carly was in denial", heh.

• Love 3

I watched for the first time in probably months. I fast forwarded everything Sonny, most of Anna/Sloane, and some of Nik/Rebecca Budig. 

I don't know why but I actually kinda enjoyed this ep lol.

But LW has got to stop with that laugh. I can't.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Yes, that happened.

Spinelli and Sonny are Jason's true loves.

HE DID? Oh gawd. lol.

I watched for the first time in probably months. I fast forwarded everythign Sonny, most of Anna/Sloane, and some of Nik/Rebecca Budig. 

I don't know why but I actually kinda enjoyed this ep lol.

But LW has got to stop with that laugh. I can't.

Ha-ha! Never! Haaaaaa.

• Love 1

Valerie has to go to at least one Sonny and Carly wedding. It's like the Port Charles welcome wagon! 

I thought the whole point of Dante cheating was to get them away from babies.

Lordy, yes!  And now Dante appears to be in double trouble.  We have the Valerie-is-pregnant anvils combined with Lulu having a baby-fever relapse. 

I can't get this nursery rhyme out of head ('cause I think we're talking about brown-eyed girl babies here):

"What are little girls made of?

What are little girls made of?

Sugar and spice

And everything nice"

If these pregnancies really happen I gGuess the spice will be all the upheaval caused by Valerie's pregnancy - and the sugar will be Lulu being her best sacccharine self in Mommy-to-be-mode.

I'm not ready for any of this.  Nope.  Not at all. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2

I got it: GH will copy that '80s movie, Micki & Maude, a movie that had Dudley Moore playing a bigamist, both wives get pregnant, and hilarity ensues! Ha, ha.

Okay, Dante isn't married to Val, but the rest works. Kill me now.

• Love 2

Why are these young women so obessed with babies.Remeber the good old days when they hardly gave characters baby stories.I mean I think its ridclous that onny has so mamy kids thats not ven counting the ones he lost either.

• Love 2

For whatever reason, they killed him off. 

Because he was a good actor and hated Sonny?

You know, I was barely watching GH at the time they killed Corbin Bernson's character off and I always thought it was a giant mistake for Carly to know who her father was, but it was such an obvious "kill the Sonny enemy" routine hatchet job that I was immensely satisfied when CB popped up on "Psych" later that year. And it ran for 8-9 years so really, it worked out better for Corbin in the end.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Same thing happened to Seamus Devlin's Ian Devlin. Even when he first appeared, I thought he was pretty charismatic (and played a doctor to boot), even if the guy was a sketchy, but he too was sacrificed at the altar of Sonny and Jason, but Seamus became a regular on Castle, a huge upgrade. 

I am just going to enjoy Sonny getting shot in the same manner as AJ did. 

• Love 3

If this wasn't the 4,934th time Sonny's been shot ( or someone shot) at his wedding...it might have been kinda good. But.. since we ALL knew what was coming (hard to miss so many anvils)...pretty much a ho-hum eppy.

This is how bored I was....as he was laying there "bleeding out" I wondered how hard it was to wipe off Sonny's "tan" and make him look  like he was pale enough to be normal. Also, how much blood would he really have to lose to actually become "pale". (Even tho I hate Sonny with the heat of the AZ summer sun, I can't hate on MB too much. I still remember  him as Nico Kelly (w/Cecily!!) on AMC. Old likes die hard I guess.)

Did enjoy Anna tho...even if it is a rather unbelievable storyline with Sloane. Damn. FH can rock just about anything.

• Love 2

Sonny's only redeeming quality was that he hated Spinbitch, so of course that stupid delusional motherfucker Ron had to fuck that up too.

I hope Sonny dies, and then the hearse carrying his body runs over and kills Spinbitch, who would of course be too busy checking out Jasus' ass to notice the car barreling towards him.

And then Mac can invite everyone to The Floating Rib for drinks to celebrate, where Dr. O will be instantly redeemed by revealing she screwed with the DNA results and somebody else, literally anyone else, is the real father of Baby Georgie. I don't care if it's The Balkan, just so long as Spinbitch is not the father of Mac & Felicia's grandchild.

• Love 2

I remember the old rumors that Spinelli was going to turn out to be Sonny's kid back in the day. That I would have loved.

To this day I am unclear on Spinelli's roots. Back when I liked the character in his first few years I would've been very interested in them exploring that. I do think, this last stint aside, Ron ultimately made him much more tolerable and matured the character.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Did gasping-for-his-last-breath-Sonny say something to Jakeson along the lines of he/Sonny 'knew you'd be here for me, you always are' or some kind of dreck that made it sound like Sonny was referring to Jason?

Nope - just "Tell Carly..."  It was the dramatic grabbing of Jakeson's shirt with his bloody hands (both men have blood on their hands) that annoyed me.