Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As I said I read a recap so maybe it played out differently

Nope, it played out exactly like that.  MIchael felt bad because Lucy said he took Avery away and now thinks he should forgive and move on but doesn't know what his first move should be.  Sabrina says he should give Avery back.  I was so pissed.

Seriously????? I am so glad I am not watching. I might have done an Elvis on my poor television set and I do not even own a gun.

• Love 2

I think Michael called her AJ as a jab at them but everything he said about the dangers of living with Sonny was true. The kid was shot in the head.

But I'm guessing this is intended to create drama between Sonny/Carly when they find out that AJ is actually Morgan's daughter

• Love 3

Rosalie betrayed Michael, the person who stupidly trusted her and gave her a job, but Morgan doesn't think she will snitch on him? What a fucking idiot. 

SHUT THE FUCK UP AVA. What an annoying asshole. I wish Silas would kill her and then blame it on his vampire brother. 

STFU Madeline acting appalled when Ric suggested having Nina killed. You're a terrible mother and you don't give a single fuck about her. 

Ric is going to have sex with Madeline? Wow.

• Love 8

They're going to DANCE. wooohoooo

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not. Because that would be SO Ron.

Before this is all over, one of the two pairings is going to be locked in a meat locker or stuck in an elevator for an entire night.

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not. Because that would be SO Ron.

Before this is all over, one of the two pairings is going to be locked in a meat locker or stuck in an elevator for an entire night.

are meatlocker and elevator fancy names for Lulu and Dante's loft? :)

(and I was kidding)

• Love 3

Oh Sabrina- I loved you until this Sonny ass kissing nonsense. I would have been ok with her telling Michael to let Sonny have supervised visits- not give her back to him. What is she thinking? Is no one on Michael's side? Maybe Tracy is...

• Love 11

Oh Sabrina- I loved you until this Sonny ass kissing nonsense. I would have been ok with her telling Michael to let Sonny have supervised visits- not give her back to him. What is she thinking? Is no one on Michael's side? Maybe Tracy is...

No one's honestly been on Michael's side since AJ was murdered (nor are they allowed to be).  Everyone just shrugs off his feelings because (1) Sonny can do no wrong on this show and (2) come on, it was only fat AJ, so who cares?

• Love 14

I don't think Michael is gonna jump back into their arms. They have to plot point maneuver Avery back into Sonny's house so Ava is motivated to reveal herself, I suppose. Denise might get supervised visits to the Quartermaines but Sonny won't let her in the door at all.

• Love 5

And what exactly are a club owner and a filmmaker going to do when they get there?  I know they want stife with Lante but this would have made more sense if it had been Lante and Naxie heading off to help L&L.  At least you'd have two cops with cop instincts.  Lulu would have provided the handwringing while Maxie would have complained about the lack of fashion.

And the two cops can reminisce about their former commissioner.

This might be something actually worth watching.

• Love 3

Just watched the Sabrina-Michael scene. I think he's feeling like crap because Nikolas took ELQ away from him (so he's 'let down' his dad, great grandfather, etc.) and Lucy, who has a history with the Qs, turned on him. He wants to continue shutting out Sonny and Carly because of what they did to AJ, but is feeling kind of alone at the moment ... it seems like Grandma Monica is off-screen indefinitely, and Ned has let them down because of wanting to 'save' Olivia, and left town. All he has is Great Aunt Tracy. (Dillon doesn't count, IMO.) For some time, Monica took Carly's place in Michael's life, except Monica was genuinely loving and supportive instead of lying to him.

I thought Sabrina was right to tell Michael AJ would have wanted him to be happy, and asked if he is. After that line, not so much... 

• Love 3

Paraphrased, of course....

Ava:  Can you beleive mean Michael won't let me, a complete stranger, alone with his sister/my daughter.  My daughter, my daughter, my daughter. Also I wanna bone my other daughter's boyfriend because you won't take care of my needs.

Silas:  Keep yourself lucky you're out of jail.

Rosalie:  Hey, I totally sold you out to the police but I'm going to show up here like nothing's wrong and then be totally shocked when you go all Cassadine psycho on me.

Nikolas:  I will kill you eleventy times and you'll thank me for it.  Now recant your story and we'll be besties again.  Don't grab your passport and hightail it out of town or anything. 

Michael:  I've been a Quartermain for five minutes and have rightfully hated Sonny for 10 minutes.  Time to change things up. 

Sabrina:  I will flip flop on my feelings about this as well.   You're saving your sister, you should give her back.  

Ric:  Money, money, money, money...

Madeline: Money, money, money, money

Ric:  We need to get rid of Nina

Madeline:  Let me shove my tongue down your throat

Franco:  Ric's a big meanie

Nina:  la la la la la, I'm not listening to you

Brilliant and so true.

Michael wake up and smell the coffee, AJ is not going to be any safer with Sonny than she was when you got custody. Actually, the situation is now worse since Sonny is back to being the most powerful Don on the East Coast.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sabrina needs to fuck off and die.  I can't believe that not only did I become a fan, not only did I defend her to others on this board, but I actually clapped like a demented seal over her burgeoning relationship with Michael.  I feel so beTRaAAAYYYYEED :throws barware:

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

I can't even be disgusted at Sabrina for all that plot-point nonsense she was spouting today*.  If it hadn't of been her, it would be Monica or Tracy or Ava/Denise or someone else equally ludicrous.

* - Although I am BEYOND disgusted with Ron.  Typical that he takes the one good thing he did on the show and trashes it.

• Love 4

I can't even be disgusted at Sabrina for all that plot-point nonsense she was spouting today*.  If it hadn't of been her, it would be Monica or Tracy or Ava/Denise or someone else equally ludicrous.

Same.  I can't be mad, either.  Plus, she was only saying what Michael was probably feeling subconsciously, anyway.  She was probably just getting him in touch with those emotions and trying to help him make sense of them so Michael could make absolutely sure what he really wanted.  I don't think she did anything wrong by doing so.

Besides, even if Michael does let them back in, many of you did say you hoped it'd be after at least six months.  It's been seven.  So . . . it sort of happened, I guess.

• Love 4

Besides, even if Michael does let them back in, many of you did say you hoped it'd be after at least six months.  It's been seven.  So . . . it sort of happened, I guess.

Yeah, but there's a difference between Michael softening after 6 months and starting to allow the Corinthos back into his life and him capitulating and begging for their love and forgiveness because he somehow wronged his father's murderer. 

• Love 14

Yeah, if Sobby convinces Michael to let Sonny see AJ, She's dead to me. (and not just for 6 months until I lose control of my company and begin to doubt my choices. She's dead to me like she stole my relish recipe.)

Although Nic's evul-ness is totally nonsensical, it has made Tyler more enjoyable to watch. I laughed out loud at "Have a nice recanting!" I'm not sure that was the intended reaction, but entertained is entertained.

Now all we need is Ric and Nic to join evul forces. 

• Love 10

GAWD Michael, You really are horrid for holding this grudge for so long.  GAWD!  I mean Sonny only murdered your father, not like he put your whites in with your colors.

I know it's a soap, and people are forgiven for heinous things, but....COME ON. 

Sabrina, you are back on my list.

• Love 15
(edited)

I can not even with the Michael/Sabrina bull shit. Rage fucking blackout.

I don't even care, I loved the Nik/Rosalie scenes. Pure comedy gold!

Ditto the Madeline/Ric scenes. Although ngl I actually fast forwarded a bit of them just because I was trying to get through this ep quickly. Does Madeline seriously want to fuck Ric? Like why?

I fast forwarded everything else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
I laughed out loud at "Have a nice recanting!"

I can't believe Rosalie seriously thought Nik wouldn't know she'd been taken to the PCPD. The way she waltzed into ELQ like nothing was wrong was absurd.

She was probably just getting him in touch with those emotions and trying to help him make sense of them so Michael could make absolutely sure what he really wanted.  I don't think she did anything wrong by doing so.

That's how I saw the conversation, too. Sabrina's a decent sounding board—she doesn't really know the history of any of the players, so she can be fairly neutral about it all.

Oh, har har, Lauren looks different to Franco.

News flash, Ava: Talking to Silas behind a hospital cubicle curtain is not a private conversation. I love how she thinks that just because she's Avery's aunt, she deserves unfettered access. No one knows Denise. She popped up out of nowhere.

Magda, please fashion a shiv out of your current toothbrush and plunge it into your daughter's neck. If Franco is nearby, feel free to use it on him, and when you're sure they're both dead, turn it around and use it on yourself.

It was really satisfying to watch Sonny deal with his dumbass youngest son.

Ughm more Dante/Lulu fuckery tomorrow. Hello, rage blackout.

• Love 6

God I hope JE isn't at her minimum already, because Tracy needs to set Michael straight on this ASAP.

Ava's being so stupid about this Avery situation, that I've never been more convinced she deserves Morgan.

• Love 7
(edited)

Carly, it's 10PM.  Do you know where your child is?

At corn camp. Eating corn.  

but is feeling kind of alone at the moment

I felt bad for him and I actually softened and told my tv that it would be okay for him to have lunch with Carly.  Then Sabrina goes to the absolute extreme and tells him to give the baby.  What the heck?  Baby steps people (if I'm being forced to accept a reunion in the first place).

and not just for 6 months until I lose control of my company and begin to doubt my choices. She's dead to me like she stole my relish recipe.

This made me laugh out loud!

Does Madeline seriously want to fuck Ric? Like why?

Uhm, have you seen Rick Hearst?!!!

Although I am BEYOND disgusted with Ron.  Typical that he takes the one good thing he did on the show and trashes it.

Can someone who isn't blocked head over to Twitter and ask him why?!

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 9

Damn Lucy Coe for making Michael doubt himself and his choices regarding Sonny and Carly. I hope her duck beaks her in her sleep.

Brilliant!  I want this to happen and I want to watch.  And I want her to wake up, disoriented, to find herself in an endless Richard Simmons exercise video - forever.  There is a hell for self-absorbed chatterbox numbskull nincompoops and I so want her in it.

Yeah, but there's a difference between Michael softening after 6 months and starting to allow the Corinthos back into his life and him capitulating and begging for their love and forgiveness because he somehow wronged his father's murderer. 

Yeah, if Sobby convinces Michael to let Sonny see AJ, She's dead to me. (and not just for 6 months until I lose control of my company and begin to doubt my choices. She's dead to me like she stole my relish recipe.)

GAWD Michael, You really are horrid for holding this grudge for so long.  GAWD!  I mean Sonny only murdered your father, not like he put your whites in with your colors.

I know it's a soap, and people are forgiven for heinous things, but....COME ON. 

Sabrina, you are back on my list.

I can not even with the Michael/Sabrina bull shit. Rage fucking blackout.

thanks, ya'll for saying it so I didn't have to.  Cuz if I did my eyes would be popping out of my head to match the veins bulging in my head after hearing that bullshit.  So in one breath Michael remembers how AJ was hung on a meathook and then without drawing a breath, he asks how he'd go about reconciling with Moobs and Snarly.  And Sabrina throws in her two cents.  

Well, my wanting Sabrina to not choke to death on her own goodness and light didn't last long.

If Michael is going to reconcile with Moobs and Snarly, maybe he could do it over their hospital beds, as they expire painfully after he poisons Sonny's Coppertone and puts venonous fire ants in Snarly's underoos?  Then he can throw their cremated remains in Morgan's gaping, slack-jawed vacant face.

Looks like we're getting more of Nina and Franco and Magda and Morgan and Kiki and Denise and whogivesaratsass.  Such joy.  So now that it seems THIS is what GH's summer is going to be like, I've got so much more time to catch up on the complete run of Ryan's Hope, full episodes on that site that shall not be named.    

BTW, is Donna Mills bankrupt or something?  She has to be desperate to be doing this crap.

• Love 6

That's how I saw the conversation, too. Sabrina's a decent sounding board—she doesn't really know the history of any of the players, so she can be fairly neutral about it all.

Right.  Also, I don't necessarily think she wants Avery back with Sonny.  Just think back to Michael mentioning the meathook to her for what had to be the first time.  She looked absolutely shocked and repulsed by it.  I just got the vibe that Sabrina meant that if Michael's heart is leaning toward forgiving Sonny and Carly, giving Avery back to Sonny is a good way to start.  Not necessarily that she was siding with them or kissing either of their asses.

• Love 3

I can't even be disgusted at Sabrina for all that plot-point nonsense she was spouting today*.  If it hadn't of been her, it would be Monica or Tracy or Ava/Denise or someone else equally ludicrous.

Same.  I can't be mad, either.  Plus, she was only saying what Michael was probably feeling subconsciously, anyway.  She was probably just getting him in touch with those emotions and trying to help him make sense of them so Michael could make absolutely sure what he really wanted.  I don't think she did anything wrong by doing so.

Thank you! Geez Lousie, from some of the reactions here you would think Sabrina dressed Michael down for being a horrible bad person, praised Sonny to the gills, and then told Michael to beg for his parent's forgiveness by giving AJ back. None of that happened. Sabrina didn't say a single nice thing about Sonny. Her entire focus was Michael. Like dubbel zout mentioned, she's a neutral party and isn't really privy to any of the history. She has no real dog in this race. She can only react to what Michael tells her about the history.

Don't get me wrong I was horrified at the suggestion. When I read the spoilers initially, I thought at most Sabrina would be suggesting he let Sonny see AJ, not just frigging handing her over. If he actually does just give her back after months of talking about needing to keep her safe, including yesterday, then I'd be pissed at the writers and Michael, since Michael would be the one making the decision.

But for this episode, the only thing Sabrina was doing was acting as a sounding board for Michael and trying to figure out what it was that Michael wanted. Michael kept stupidly saying that Lucy was right to judge him and questioning whether he was a good person and Sabrina insisted that Michael was a good person and he had every right to be pissed at Duke and had every right to take custody of baby AJ. But Michael then pressed on and insisted that his main reason for taking AJ was spite. Everyone certainly knew that played a big part in it, but he also had legitimate cause to keep baby AJ safe. But Michael touched on none of that today. So Sabrina asked him if he wished he did things differently. She then asked Michael if he wanted to forgive his parents. She said nothing about Michael needing their forgiveness. Michael rightly brought up the meat hook and Sonny slowly killing AJ and how could he forgive Sonny. Again, thinking of Michael, Sabrina asked him if how he was handling things was making him happy.

Then Michael and Sabrina both kind of went insane. Michael indicated he wasn't happy and actually wanted to get Sonny and Carly back in his life and asked how he could do that, which is when the horrible suggestion of giving custody of AJ to Sonny was brought up. Again, I'd hate if this is how the storyline ended. It would make very little sense, even with somethings said in recent interviews about Michael slowly thawing things with his parents. Giving AJ to Sonny is not slow in the slightest and would be a complete waste.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just got the vibe that Sabrina meant that if Michael's heart is leaning toward forgiving Sonny and Carly, giving Avery back to Sonny is a good way to start. Not necessarily that she was siding with them or kissing either of their asses.

Complete capitulation isn't a start to anything.

Sabrina knows he was shot in the head and spent a year in a coma. She JUST found out that Michael's father was threatened into giving up custody and her first suggestion is to give away the baby she's taking care of?

And She's supposed to be a "good" character so she's supposed to be right

Ugh Sabrina, go away.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I also loved Carly's "I'll try not to wake you when I get home" to Sonny.  Carly, it's 10PM.  Do you know where your child is?

Well, of course, Michael stole her!  Oh, you mean her actual child?  Yeah, she's been left to her own devices for so long, she's probably the one who kidnapped Lucky. 

• Love 11

SABRINA, YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN PIEHOLE!!!! I'm really hoping you guys are right and she was just trying to let him sound off and think it through. And maybe the "give AJ back" suggestion was her intentionally pushing a little too far to help him see that he was being insane. I hope tomorrow we see him back off a little and thin it through a little more carefully. Like maybe start by having a conversation with one of his parents. Tenn maybe lunch. Maybe eventually letting them see AJ while he's there. But completely forgiving them and giving them the baby??? Oh, hell no. I was just starting to like her and was hoping it would continue.

Still enjoying Nik. I like that he's not a cool calm villain but rather an angry and volatile one. Plus, he's new at it- he needs some time to find his best villainous personality. And I agree- the "happy recanting!" was wonderful, and I think it was supposed to be funny.

Poor Morgan. Michael stole Sonny's baby, and his parents *still* like Michael more. Sonny flat out calling him dumb was great (and I think you all know how much I hate Sonny, so this is a big statement for me to make!). I also enjoyed Sonny being all "you poisoned him, of course he's mad!" And then poor dumb Morgan replies "he's fine!" as if that makes it totally fine. Morgan really is Sonny's son, isn't he?

• Love 4

Then Michael and Sabrina both kind of went insane. Michael indicated he wasn't happy and actually wanted to get Sonny and Carly back in his life and asked how he could do that, which is when the horrible suggestion of giving custody of AJ to Sonny was brought up. Again, I'd hate if this is how the storyline ended. It would make very little sense, even with somethings said in recent interviews about Michael slowly thawing things with his parents. Giving AJ to Sonny is not slow in the slightest and would be a complete waste.

This. Michael just had to leave his office and is feeling like so much has gone wrong when he's tried to take his life in a different direction since AJ was murdered. It's not shocking that he would miss a sense of belonging with the people who had been his family his entire life - even if they are selfish and morally bankrupt. Recall that AJ had another ONS with Carly when he was feeling upset and full of self-doubt. Seems like this is Michael's self-destructive thinking. (Yes, I know he had a ONS with Rosalie, but that was a reaction to finding out Kiki had been lying to him ... not a reaction to *life*). 

• Love 1

Would Michael be ALLOWED to give AJ to Sonny? He was granted legal custody and is her legal guardian. I'm not sure he could just turn around and give her to the person who was DENIED custody. Even if that person is her supposed biological father (there has not yet been DNA testing of AJ against Sonny, right?)

• Love 5

Ron spent time and effort cleverly (?) painting Sabrina into an alternate part of the GH canvas away from Scrubs and Patrick. And it seemed to be working. Here and there, she was popular and got so many more lines and connections to multiple stories.

The character was building trust. Then she was thrown under the bus saying Mike should ask Sonny's forgiveness. A dirty trick on us.

• Love 5

I've been loving Quartermaine Michael and now they're going to make me hate him again. Michael shouldn't be forgiving Sonny at all. Especially not over anything dumbass Lucy said. No she was not right and Michael should not be forgiving his vile killing parents. 

Sonny murdered his father and never paid for the crime. That's not something you just get over. RC and FV are dumb.

• Love 8

And the two cops can reminisce about their former commissioner.

This might be something actually worth watching.

No lie -- I've been mainly scrolling this thread of late.  A bunch of names of people I don't -- and will never -- care about.  Scroll, scroll, scroll.  But this?  I had to back up.

It took me a fifth of a second to process that it was a "what might be" jokey comment.  And that made me sad for another fifth of a second.  What could be.  If this show actually allowed women to be respected, cherished, and desired.  Instead of mocked and belittled and, occasionally, lusted after.

• Love 4

I would have a lot easier time with Michael, no matter what his decision, if his parents had only apologized to him for their behavior and even owned some of their own crap raising him.  They have both insisted that by their rules they are in the right; they feel their lives and happiness trump AJ's - well - life.  

I know Carly and Sonny are both narcissists but even a narc is capable of a phony apology when they realize they have gone too far and alienated their golden child.  They have managed to utterly fuck up Morgan the scapegoat and he is exactly what they deserve.

• Love 13
(edited)

It just pisses me off so much that people gloss over the fact that Sonny killed AJ in cold blood. I get Michael not wanting to carry hate in is heart, being a better person and even forgiving, but that still doesn't change the fact that no child of Sonny's has ever been safe in Sonny's care! Michael is walking proof of that. Michael can be the bigger the person but that doesn't mean he has to lose his mind as well. For Lucy to chastise Michael for being "spiteful" by taking custody of AJ is ridiculous to me. For anyone to suggest that Michael should just turn around and hand AJ back to Sonny makes my ears steam. If they actually write that Michael joins the grovel brigade to bend his knee to Sonny then I truly will give this soap opera up. I won't even get into how ridiculous Ava is being about Michael not letting a complete stranger have unsupervised visitation with AJ.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 13

They don't spittle and fling things around and screech out lines about being Helena's bitch.

They way he spit out "I'll drop you on Cassadine Island where you can be HELENA'S BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH !!!!!!!"

Yikes - I didn't know whether to laugh or run screaming from the room

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm okay with Michael forgiving Sonny. Not because Sonny earned it or deserves it, but that's the point: no one can ever do anything to deserve or earn it. Even if Sonny had gone to prison for the rest of his life, he still wouldn't deserve or earn the forgiveness. Forgiveness IMO is always about the person holding the grudge.You suffer-the other person, most likely, isn't even thinking about you on a regular basis, even if they're sorry for what they did.

I certainly don't see Sonny all that tormented over Michael not being in his life. Michael is the one with mixed feelings over it. It's for Michael's benefit that he forgive Sonny and move on. Is it fair? No. Sonny SHOULD be in jail. But he's not going to be, and Michael having the bitterness in his heart, is in the end only going to harm himself. Hating Sonny isn't going to bring AJ back or give Michael peace.

I don't think Michael should give back Avery, either. And I also don't want Michael to ever go back to being an S&C cheeleader. But see-I don't think he will. I think he knows he can let his grudge against Sonny go, and live his life without having Sonny be a regular part of it. I don't think we're going to ever see them be a happy family unit ever again. I doubt Michael will purposely shut them out, but he also won't actively seek them out.

I think he's a Quartermaine for good now, and that's how it should be, and I'm okay with that.

With that said, Lucy is just a ridiculous human being, and I hate that it's anything SHE did or said, that made Michael change his mind.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 9
Would Michael be ALLOWED to give AJ to Sonny? He was granted legal custody and is her legal guardian.

Why not? He could say Avery is spending time with her bio dad while still being legally responsible for her. Whatever happens, I doubt we'll see an official transfer of custody. I think the ultimate fight is between Sonny and Ava, not those two and Michael.

And no, there hasn't been an official DNA test for paternity. I assume that will also come into play eventually.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AVA. What an annoying asshole.

SO MUCH THIS.

While I think everyone in this soap has (changed? raised? morphed?) their acting from "at least I'm trying" to full on camp, Duh-nise's accent today was particularly annoying. I was thinking nails on a chalkboard while watching the neighborhood dogs assembling in my yard. Please re-Ava her quickly so we can all end this part of the nightmare and move on to the next GH tragedy (TG's farewell, perhaps?)

It just pisses me off so much that people gloss over the fact that Sonny killed AJ in cold blood

This reeks of writer bias to me.  The writer didn't care for the actor/character so all the other characters don't have to either.  Nevermind that it paints the characters as HEINOUS.  People didn't have to care about AJ to be horrified by what happened to him and be disgusted with Sonny.  Everyone being A-ok with it is RC coming through which is why this story bothers me as much as it does.

• Love 9

I cannot stand Sabrina, never have, never will and her relationship with Michael is a snoozefest. I have to say, knowing what  bland, washed out Mary Sue of a character she is, Im surprised people have suddenly taken a dislike against her for yesterday. How else did we think she was going to act?

I agree with dubbel zout. This seems like a plot point, a reason for Avery to be with Sonny for a certain amount of time (hour-days) so Ava will be furious and out herself as NOT!Denise in a move to rescue her daughter from S&C. A showdown between Sonny and Ava, with Michael saving Avery from them both, seems much more likely IMO. I anticipate more conflict between Michael and Morgan, too. But a guy who couldn't figure out that a bag of flour was not a baby is not fit to raise a child.

And then poor dumb Morgan replies "he's fine!" as if that makes it totally fine. Morgan really is Sonny's son, isn't he?

It really is nurture versus nature.  Morgan was mostly raised by Jax (at least, original recipe Morgan was) and then sent to military school, yet he's the one exactly like his father.  Same excuses for things he's done.  Same thinking with his little head instead of the one on his shoulders.  Truly ironic.

• Love 7