Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Walking Tall

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

Press Release: 

"Walking Tall" -- The pressure is on as a determined Bailey tackles her first day as Chief; meanwhile, April's marriage is in jeopardy and she finds herself unable to address her problems; Meredith struggles to juggle all her responsibilities and Amelia works to define her relationship with Owen

• Love 1

Oh April...the worse part was when your child died and you ended up bailing on your marriage.  I realized that they may have been apart longer than they were married.

I liked this episode.  I don't like Owen/Amelia though so I really wish they would stop forcing that mess.

• Love 4

I hate this show now, and that fact pisses me off because I've watched every episode since the pilot. I realized tonight that I only kept watching after season 7 for the 5-7 minutes of Meredith and Derek together or separate, which was even more true once Christina left. Alex still gets close to zero screen time, and I don't like his girlfriend, whose name I can't even recall right now that's how little I care about her. I don't care about her or Stephanie at all.

I also don't care about April and Avery because I've never liked April's character and her behavior tonight is exactly why. She just rants and raves all the freaking time.

The storyline about Bailey being somehow too bossy her first day as chief was stupid.

And if I have to watch Owen Hunt eat a woman's face one more time, I may throw my remote through the tv.

Also, who the hell is the new blond intern and I am actually supposed to be concerned that he is clearly lusting after Alex's girlfriend?

I have to quit watching. This show just makes my blood boil at this point.

• Love 4

Mediocre offering -- plenty of disjointed, unenjoyable moments. The big medical story was interesting enough (as was the drama of Bailey being chief), but the third act out, with Jo and the tall lady, was laughable. Also, it's been a while since we've seen so much April . . . this installment was a rude awakening. At this point, I tolerate the new interns more than I tolerate her. 

• Love 1

Okay episode.  I could really do without the acoustic covers of top 40 songs.  Please don't let this be a season-long thing like the 80s covers last season.

Glad to see Callie excited and smiley but she's most definitely headed for a fall with her girlfriend, it's impossible for her to be happy for more than a few episodes.  Especially if the spoilers are true that

her girlfriend is the doctor (partially) responsible for Derek's death. Time for Shonda's Drama! and Thrills!

.  If Arizona's jealousy and the fake nice conversation at the end are any indication, their weird little amicable ex-wives bubble is going to pop soon. 

Can Alex please get some screen time and a storyline other than propping up Meredith/Arizona/Jo? 

Firmly in Jackson's camp.  Sidenote, I'm glad they haven't dropped the April/Arizona friendship.

Owen can leave anytime now. 

• Love 5

I got taken out of the show when Arizona and Callie were talking near the end and we could clearly see that Arizona had two good legs in a pair of skinny pants with heels.

Yes! I was just going to post this.

A person with an artificial leg will not have 2 legs that look identical, and will most definitatly not be able to wear identical cute high heels!

Also, will not be able to wear very tight Capri length pants.

Pls writers, do a little research into the challenges of having an artificial leg

• Love 6

I could really do without the acoustic covers of top 40 songs.  Please don't let this be a season-long thing like the 80s covers last season.

Shonda's been doing cover songs for a while now as part of her 'project', I guess it's more recent songs this season.

I found the scenes with a trapped April forced to listen to Webber and Hunt droning on and on about themselves pretty hilarious. I realized most of the characters could have been used for this because just about all of them will babble on at great length even though nobody cares to listen.

• Love 5

I had a mini-revelation tonight.  It's taken years, but I've finally accepted the second wave of fresh young faces that were brought in to bulk up M.A.G.I.C.  Jackson, Kepner, Edwards, Jo, may I offer you a glass of wine?

That embrace may be a reaction to the newest bunch, which make me feel tired, like, cripes, I don't have ten years to spend getting to know you guys.  Just go away, vacant blond dude.

Naturally the OG's from Season One are still the best.

I'll never like Amelia.

I loved Bailey's first day as Chief and her assist from Richard.  Always satisfying to see someone tough love Bailey down a peg or two.

• Love 2

I feel like I missed an episode with Owen and Amelia somewhere.  I thought they were dating?  Is she acting like a fifteen year old, or is it just me?

As for the preview - they can't do another unplanned pregnancy, can they?

April and Jackson, stick a fork in it, you're done.  I laughed when she said "This marriage has never been about ultimatums".  Ummm...your marriage has been about 5 minutes long.  Plus, you took off for chunks of that.

• Love 2

I thought that this episode was a big improvement over last week's. Bailey acted humbled and gracious, Meredith got to be on the receiving end of someone else's selfishness and arrogance for once and Amelia's superhero cape flapped a little less forcefully when Jackson stood his ground. The Chief being all Chiefly and wise and giving a nice speech that didn't seem overly "speechy." What is not to like about any of that?

Speaking of Jackson, I'm glad he finally had it out with April and I hope he doesn't give in right away. I believe that she wants to work on her marriage, but Jackson's right - it is always on HER terms. And she needs to fight for him, not just for her marriage vows. I loved her sitting trapped listening to all of these doctors ramble on like teenagers about their first date, because that's how I feel usually, and I, too, want to bang my head against the nearest surface.

I also appreciated the funny parts, and there were quite a few of them. April getting frustrated, Arizona, everyone bitching about Bailey in front of Ben. The tone in this episode was consistent and worked for the medical case and for the small bit of relationship drama. I liked seeing more of Jo being a doctor and I thought that the interns were kind of funny. I don't mind it when they act like immature fools, its what they are for and I appreciate them doing it rather than everyone else.

Which brings me to my dislikes - ugh to most things Amelia and all of Amelia and Owen. I can't take the tittering and "Will You Be My GF/BF" nonsense. It just doesn't work for me. It was bad enough when Callie was doing it (but that is one of my pet peeves about Callie), but at least she had Arizona and her awesome facial expressions to bring out the humor in the situation. I just find nothing interesting about Amellia or Owen as individuals or a couple.

Also, what the hell with the less than 30 seconds of Alex?? It must of been a pretty good episode if I liked it despite that!

ETA - The music is horribly, horribly, almost comically bad. I hate it more than the emo 80s remixes and that is saying something.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 8

How bad is it I hate Bailey so much, my first thought when she was waiting to cross the road was I hope she gets run over? Also, how stupid is blond intern to be openly mooning over Jo? What, are they now hiding their relationship? I thought that idea died. 

• Love 3

I didn't like this episode at all. I prefer when the doctors act like actual human beings rather than "Gods". No Bailey, you don't get to ignore other patients and cancel/move their surgeries so you can do this amazing procedure that you aren't qualified to do. And then without any preparation or planning, without the woman or her family giving consent, without her fasting or do pre-surgery testing, they just go ahead and do this massive surgery.

I still like April and Jackson and hope they work things out. I really see why Jackson would be reluctant and hurt, but I still want them together. The music took me out of the story and was too literal to what was happening in some of the scenes.

• Love 2

Yes! I was just going to post this.

A person with an artificial leg will not have 2 legs that look identical, and will most definitatly not be able to wear identical cute high heels!

Also, will not be able to wear very tight Capri length pants.

Pls writers, do a little research into the challenges of having an artificial leg

Actually they did show Arizona getting a life like looking leg that she could wear heals in. They do exist as well I remember seeing them elsewhere so its not just a Shondaland creation. Although you might see a difference in size and the socket for the leg in tight skinny jeans.

• Love 1

This episode really didn't work for me.   First, the music was terrible.  It was so intrusive and just bad in so many ways.  It's all about the bass - really?  No.  

Second, Kepner is so annoying.  I had stopped hating her.  I'm starting to think that is only because I hadn't seen much of her for a long time.  Can they ship her off again then pull a Colonel Blake and have her plane crash into the sea?  

Third, they have all worked with Bailey for a long time.  Even though she is now the Chief, they should still be willing to talk to her. 

Fourth, you repair the fractured vertebrae first; given that it requires a surgical repair and it could be made much worse from a fall, it should be stabilized.  Give her a few days then do the pituitary surgery.  The recovery from that surgery is actually rather quick.  (The follow up to assess changes to pituitary functioning is long and complex but that is out of the scope of this show).

Fifth, in what world do people in this hospital not know who is sleeping with whom?  That place is a gossip mill.  I'm surprised they don't have all of their most personal and sensitive information flashing on a big screen in the lobby.  So back off creepy damn near albino intern.

Sixth, Owen, please learn how to kiss.  Take lessons.  Watch romantic movies,  Practice on your pillow.  Don't swallow your pillow in the process.  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 11

Actually they did show Arizona getting a life like looking leg that she could wear heals in. They do exist as well I remember seeing them elsewhere so its not just a Shondaland creation. Although you might see a difference in size and the socket for the leg in tight skinny jeans.

Paul McCarthy's ex-wife (Heather something or other) does have one or more. I saw it on DWTS. So did Aviva Dresler of the HWONY, Some women have two, one for flats and another one for heels.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 1

I.love.new April.

She was so mousy in the beginning, and relying on her religion for everything, waiting for Jesus to solve all her problems. Not one reference to it in this episode. She still has her religious principles (the sanctity of the vows) but to me she's grown up, she's confronting life, her issues and her mistakes by herself, and I like it.

Jackson is angry, and he's entitled to it, but precisely because he's angry, it's obvious to me that he still loves her. When you're over people, you're indifferent.

So I hope she's going to win.

Bailey was less insufferable than I feared. Maybe getting chief relieved her of the bitterness and pettiness I've felt in her attitude during the later seasons and that made me seriously dislike her. I hope this good disposition doesn't last only one episode.

I'm not crazy about George 2.0, now with blond hair, but this is a type of character I never like. Agree that it's weird he doesn't know about Jo and Alex. When you like someone, you generally try to know whether they're single or not, first.

But again, since Alex is the ghost of GSM as per his screentime, maybe the new interns don't even know of him.

I liked Arizona during her interactions with April. I like Owen and Amelia. So in general, I liked the episode.

• Love 2

Can Alex please get some screen time and a storyline other than propping up Meredith/Arizona/Jo?

I agree with a lot of this except i think Alex spends all his time propping Mer/Maggie with maybe Callie/Arizona on the side. He rarely props Jo she is one of the few characters to get even less acreentime then him.

• Love 2

Ugh, more covers. Make it stop!

I never liked whiny/hysterical April but I kind of enjoyed April being forced to be unwilling therapist to everyone while trapped in the bubble. Impatient bubble April is a truth teller. Loved when she told Owen to quit asking her and to go talk to Amelia. But then she had to go and destroy my goodwill towards her by paging Jackson with 911. Woman, you work in a hospital. You know that your husband is a surgeon. Needing to talk to him (you know, because you finally came back home after months of not communicating with your husband AT ALL) does not constitute a 911 page when you know he is at work. But beyond that, she is acting like he has no reason to be upset which is ridiculous. I know the timeline on this show is always wonky so it's difficult to figure out how much time has passed but I know that she has been gone for quite a while. You can't just leave your husband for that long and then come back months later and act like he is the one being unreasonable. If her marriage is worth fighting for, why wasn't she fighting for it before now?

The only moment I liked Jo in this episode was when the interns were talking about how tall the patient was and Jo told them to get out.

Alex, I like you and I wish your screen time wasn't being reduced due to all these new people who I don't care about (that includes Jo, Amelia, Edwards, plus the new crop of interns), but it is RUDE to keep your carpool waiting for 20 minutes. If you are running that far behind, tell them to go and then call Lyft or Uber. Don't be an inconsiderate dick when someone is giving you a ride to work.

DeLuca can stay (for now) because he's pretty and he hasn't annoyed me. Isaac, on the other hand, can go away and he can take Amelia, Owen, and April with him.

• Love 5

I used to care about characters on this show. I used to like the music, too. I even occasionally cared about the patients. I looked forward to Thursday nights because Grey's was on.

I'm not sure when it all changed, but this episode proved to me that it has. All of it.

• Love 3

I had a mini-revelation tonight.  It's taken years, but I've finally accepted the second wave of fresh young faces that were brought in to bulk up M.A.G.I.C.  Jackson, Kepner, Edwards, Jo, may I offer you a glass of wine?

My mini revelation is that I now prefer those characters to Meredith, Maggie, Amelia and sometimes Callie.  I think we just got waaaaay too much of them last season (and the 3 seasons prior in the case of Callie) and the majority of their storylines just aren't interesting to me for the most part.  I am hoping that my feelings toward Meredith improve, but the other three may be lost causes.  I also found the 2 new guy interns funny and I don't mind them sticking around in the capacity that they were used tonight.  The one crushing on Jo reminded me of clueless George and his crush on Meredith.

I agree with a lot of this except i think Alex spends all his time propping Mer/Maggie with maybe Callie/Arizona on the side. He rarely props Jo she is one of the few characters to get even less acreentime then him.

Seriously.  Alex got maybe 30 seconds of screentime last night and the last ten of that was him giving Jo a hard time for not being as devious as Stephanie.  Jo is usually the one propping Alex, never the other way around, at least not in the last season or two.  I appreciate the fact that Alex rarely, if ever, plays favorites with Jo, but I certainly don't see him propping up her character as if she was the greatest thing ever in the way that he does with Maggie and Meredith.

• Love 1

When April was trapped listening to Arizona, I was reminded of a previous season when Arizona lied about having had the chicken pox so she wouldn't have to take care of Callie's rash.  Of course, that incarnation was better because Callie got to say, "I got gauze paws."  Classic.

And has Ben done something to his facial hair to make himself less attractive?

Overall I actually really enjoyed this episode, which makes that two weeks in a row for me. 

- I LOVED the last scene between Bailey and Meredith. I always love their stuff together, and I think you can really feel their tumultuous history when they play off of each other. I'm happy to see Meredith become Head of General. She deserves it. 

- Another solid and unique patient story that got a decent amount of focus.  

- I actually like Cross. He reminds me of George, and it's annoying that they're using the exact same trope with him (in love with a girl who doesn't notice), but Grey's has never been subtle the past few years, so whatever. I usually hate the new interns and I don't mind these two at all. 

- I like that they're using more doctors in different dynamics. I always like when we have scenes with a bunch of the actors together, because there are so many regulars that otherwise many of them will never interact. 

- Not a big Jackson / April fan but I actually enjoy how this story is playing out. It's (gasp) relatively realistic. April's declaration with the amped up music near the end was totally overblown though. Made me chuckle a bit, but that's Grey's for ya. 

Amelia and Owen need to go. An otherwise mostly enjoyable episode was again marred for me by their annoying antics. Everything about her character bugs me, and this "love story" is written so sloppily and is so forced, it takes away from everything going on around it. Also, enough with the top 40 covers. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 3

I loved Bailey's first day as Chief and her assist from Richard.  Always satisfying to see someone tough love Bailey down a peg or two.

To me it seemed less "tough love" and "taking her down a peg", than giving fatherly advice to an already defeated woman to give her perspective.

I had a few minutes of hope that April had some terrible disease and would die. In my dream, Amelia caught it too. So disappointing to find it was just a rash.

This. Or if not die, have an actually interesting story about dealing with a serious contagious disease. Instead of validating her dismissal of what were certainly alarming symptoms.

I just find nothing interesting about Amellia or Owen as individuals or a couple.

I used to really love Owen - in addition to just generally liking the actor. But his character has steadily eroded, and that makes me sad. This romance with Amelia is just so high school (middle school?). Grow up people.

But then she had to go and destroy my goodwill towards her by paging Jackson with 911. Woman, you work in a hospital. You know that your husband is a surgeon. Needing to talk to him (you know, because you finally came back home after months of not communicating with your husband AT ALL) does not constitute a 911 page when you know he is at work. But beyond that, she is acting like he has no reason to be upset which is ridiculous.

Agree completely. I had hoped that she would actually have grown up a bit, but other than learning military terms and using them to describe how to wage war for her marriage (which she'd willingly slashed and burned), she's just as childish. Jackson wasn't nearly angry enough with the 911 call.

I tend to ignore the music - but I must say, All About the Bass was intrusive and did not suit the tone.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 4

I never liked whiny/hysterical April but I kind of enjoyed April being forced to be unwilling therapist to everyone while trapped in the bubble. Impatient bubble April is a truth teller. Loved when she told Owen to quit asking her and to go talk to Amelia. But then she had to go and destroy my goodwill towards her by paging Jackson with 911. Woman, you work in a hospital. You know that your husband is a surgeon. Needing to talk to him (you know, because you finally came back home after months of not communicating with your husband AT ALL) does not constitute a 911 page when you know he is at work. But beyond that, she is acting like he has no reason to be upset which is ridiculous. I know the timeline on this show is always wonky so it's difficult to figure out how much time has passed but I know that she has been gone for quite a while. You can't just leave your husband for that long and then come back months later and act like he is the one being unreasonable. If her marriage is worth fighting for, why wasn't she fighting for it before now?

Spot on. April's actions with Jackson remind me of those of a spouse whose had an affair, and the second(!) they have some remorse (usually because they've gotten caught), the wronged spouse is supposed to instantly forgive them and act as if the affair never happened. April needs to get that she's the one who was wrong here. Maybe Jackson will forgive her, he most likely will, but he gets to decide how long that takes. Not April.

"I love you too much to let my mistake ruin our marriage!" Seriously April? That may not be up to you at this point.

• Love 4

First, please Grey's stop trying to make Owen and Amelia happen. Amelia is the worst character on the show, imo, and that's saying a lot.  Hate her. Hate them together. He has so much more chemistry with Callie. Or even April.

Second, I don't really mind the new interns (the two guys). As long as they don't start being featured prominently in storylines, they are are fine.

And, Jo and Stephannie--- I like them interacting together okay, but both could leave and I wouldn't miss them at all. Dislike Jo more than Stephannie. 

Arizona and Callie's storylines are whatever. I like Callie, but Az makes my skin crawl. I only really like her when she's with April.  And speaking of April... she annoys be sometimes, but I've really bought into her and Jackson. I love, love, love Jackson, so I was glad to see he was actually being a surgeon this episode and I buy his anger.  Interested in that storyline.

Bailey/Chief/Bailey's hot hubby stuff--- Meh, whatever. I hate Bailey-centric episodes and really only like her in a sideline mentoring role to Grey.

And speaking of Mer... isn't this her show? Why is she a extra in her own show?  And Alex? Ugh.

And finally... I like Maggie. She may be my new favorite character. 

• Love 2

I only saw the last few minutes (I gave up when Derek died) but just the last few minutes were enough for me to hate Bailey.  "Webber and Hunt had it easier because they had me as a general surgeon." Shut up. You were a resident for the majority of the chief's tenure.  You certainly didn't make it easy on Hunt when you had your OCD breakdown, threw a fit over having to compete for a board seat, and were just generally an unprofessional pain in the butt.

And the cover of Shake It Off hurt my ears.

I found the episode enjoyable overall. I don't mind the new interns. They aren't taking over the story, they're bringing some teaching back to the show, they're adding some lighter/funny moments and they are in scenes with the characters who have been there for seasons. 

I've always been neutral on April for the most part once she got by her virgin/Jesus phase but last night I liked her. I was also glad to see her actually speaking to Jackson instead of only speaking to everyone else about Jackson (as this show usually does). Its a nice change for Grey's to see a couple speaking to each other.

I really liked Amelia on Private Practice and I still like her. But the Owen pairing is making liking her tough these days. Given the time jump they've been seeing each other on and off for over a year haven't they? Why are they both still acting like they are in 7th grade?

Bailey had her big "I'm the chief" episode so now I hope that story doesn't drag on with every other episode having her shouting at people. 

No surprise that Meredith was made chief of general surgery. They began the episode stating how all the department heads except trauma were run by women so at that point I figured they'd name Meredith by the end.

Can Maggie go 2 consecutive episodes without talking about vaginas to a group?

• Love 4

I know nothing in Grey's Anatomy makes sense medically speaking but why are surgical interns apparently doing their first anatomy lab at the hospital? They are already doctors, they are just training for a specialty.

Edited by John M
  • Love 2

I like Maggie too. Her introduction as a character made perfect sense within the "book" of the show- Meredith's sister as the result of her mother's long-ago affair with Webber. As a person, Maggie's as quirky as any of the other characters, so, why not? I would love to see the relationships with Meredith and Webber develop.

By the way, whatever happened with the doctor she was crushing on last season? It looked like he was at least a recurring cast member. Will we see him again, I wonder?

I don't mind the new interns. They aren't taking over the story, they're bringing some teaching back to the show, they're adding some lighter/funny moments and they are in scenes with the characters who have been there for seasons.

I'm good with the new interns so long as their roles stay this way, servicing the story to bring back teaching moments and adding random funny/lightness.

The second we start learning why Tommy does x,y,z and the name of his first pet, I'm out.

• Love 2

I have really mixed feelings on this episode.  They have done well with the lighter tone and I’ll admit I laughed a decent amount of times.  But, something just feels missing to me (and no, it’s not Derek). I can't quite figure out what it is yet.

However, Sarah Drew’s facial expressions listening to the other drone on and on were hilarious and spot on.  I’m interested to see how Jackson/April’s relationship goes because it feels like a true “adult” marriage/relationship issue.  Neither one of them is truly in the right so I think it will be an interesting storyline. 

I am also kind of liking the sisters trio, but only because I feel like Meredith is the voice of the audience towards Amelia.  Last week with her saying she didn’t totally like her, and this week with the “you are acting like you are 15”.  I also liked Bailey telling Meredith “You are the calm in the center of the chaos” because it fits well with her history and with Derek’s proposal speech about her being able to deal with a crisis. 

I hope to god Amelia and Callie’s conversation about making out with a good friend=Sofia is not foreshadowing for an Amelia/Owen accidental baby (I refuse to use either of their ship names). 

It’s been said over and over, but the cast is really over bloated.  I hope they trim the cast a little bit at the end of this season.  While the cast would still be large, I think just getting rid of 1-2 regulars would help tremendously.  That being said, I do think they are doing the best they can to balance out everyone.  I also appreciate the use of the interns and I think they are being used perfectly. 

Last week I said I was ok with never seeing Meredith's kids...but they REALLY need to stop putting her in unnecessary situations where its glaringly obvious the kids are missing.  Why on earth would all three (Meredith, Amelia and Maggie) be going to work together with no kids in the car??  Did Meredith finally hire a mysterious nanny and she doesn't need the 24 hour daycare any more?    

Finally, I’ll be the 100th person to say, the music so far is awful.

One more thing I noticed.  This is the second week in a row where there was just one patient story.  I wonder if this is something new they are trying. I can't remember any episodes where there was just one case.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 2

Unpopular opinion, table of one (so far)-- I love the covers. I loved the 80's covers last year, and I want to download "Shake it off" from last night. 

Edited to add--- One of my bffs from college just posted up that her brother and wife actually were the ones who covered "shake it off" last night.  (They are Us The Duo). Small world. lol

Edited by Apocalypse Cow
  • Love 1

This episode was bleh for me, but I did notice that Callie seems to have lost quite a bit of weight. I actually think Sara Ramirez looks better with more curves, but regardless, I noticed it. Is it just me? Also would prefer her and Owen dating, I think it would be cute, though I may be alone. I despise Owen and Amelia together, yuck.

• Love 3

Can Maggie go 2 consecutive episodes without talking about vaginas to a group

Last night I said to myself that I am now as familiar with Maggie and her various family members' vaginas as I am with my own.

How are there no gynos on this show?!? At least that would give a real reason for the word to get mentioned as much as it does. No offense to vaginas of course.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1

When Richard gave Miranda his stethoscope while commenting that he had nobody to hand it down to I felt a little sad that he and Maggie have no relationship.

That's something I'm really hoping they address this season. I think they had Maggie make an overture toward the end of last seasson, but with the time jump we didn't see what became of that. I'd like to see them interact. I can't stand Catherine, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Richard, Catherine, Avery and Maggie interaction.

And yeah, Maggie needs to quit talking about vaginas if I'm going to keep tolerating her at all.

• Love 3

I feel like Meredith is the voice of the audience towards Amelia.  Last week with her saying she didn’t totally like her, and this week with the “you are acting like you are 15”.  I

I hope to god Amelia and Callie’s conversation about making out with a good friend=Sofia is not foreshadowing for an Amelia/Owen accidental baby (I refuse to use either of their ship names). 

I feel the same way. Definitely how I read Pompeo acting it, I felt like Meredith as a viewer sitting in that car and listening to Amelia totally what I was thinking and totally the gestures I was making. I think you have hit the nail on the head. As well as what she said in the previous episode. Plus Meredith said in that car to blabbing Amelia "I don't know. Stop asking." Ellen played it PERFECTLY. The tone of her voice, perfect. Yes, the best line is "You sound 15." Truth.

Of course this is where they are going.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

When Richard gave Miranda his stethoscope while commenting that he had nobody to hand it down to I felt a little sad that he and Maggie have no relationship.

I was thinking this. There are simply too many characters right now for them to put focus on everything, and I'm sad that the Richard / Maggie dynamic has been sacrificed. I think it'd have been a really interesting story for him. Hopefully they get back to it. 

This episode was bleh for me, but I did notice that Callie seems to have lost quite a bit of weight. I actually think Sara Ramirez looks better with more curves, but regardless, I noticed it. Is it just me? 

I definitely noticed that as well. She looks good. 

I'm good with the new interns so long as their roles stay this way, servicing the story to bring back teaching moments and adding random funny/lightness.

The second we start learning why Tommy does x,y,z and the name of his first pet, I'm out.

At least one of those two will be a regular by next season, no doubt. 

Edited by BaseOps