Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Calvada said:

Glad I wasn't watching the Cowboys/Giants.  Seeing an injury like that is godawful. There's always that second of disbelief/confusion about why the foot or leg looks like that, and then the nauseating reality hits.  I saw Dak trending on Twitter with words like "brutal injury" and "gruesome injury" and knew I have to avoid ESPN and the NFL Network for a while.  As much as I dislike the Cowboys and Jerry Jones, Dak has always seemed like a good guy, and I wish him a speedy, uncomplicated recovery.  

I’m glad I missed that, too.  (The only game I saw yesterday was the last part of Seattle/ Minnesota, which was very exciting.)  I only learned of Dak’s injury when I saw a CNN.com headline just now accompanied by a picture of him being carted off.  Not to dwell too much, but do the team medical staff give a player as severely injured as that any kind of immediate pain relief?  I dislocated my kneecap and tore a ligament a few years ago, and I can’t even describe how excruciating the pain was to even flex a muscle in my leg as the EMTs were moving me.  So I was surprised to see that he could even sit up.  Like you said, I hope his recovery is uncomplicated.

I had to get stitches out this morning from a procedure I had last week and the nurse and I were discussing Dak's injury. She apparently is friends with some of the doctors and nurses who work with the Cowboys and she said his surgery went well last night, but it is still a difficult injury and he'll have a lot of rehab. He was released this morning and is back home and apparently is a very polite patient. Nothing secret or anything the media hasn't reported, but it was interesting to hear some inside details.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Poor Chargers can’t catch a break again this season. I don’t think I have ever seen a team lose close games as much as them the past 3-4 years. It’s a shame because they aren’t that bad this season.

The NFL app is weird.

I get notifications on MNF game starts, when there are injuries, when the game is back from halftime, when the score is close, when the game goes into overtime...but not a notification for the final score.  I wonder if that’s something I have to do in settings (entirely possible, whether I muster the energy to check this is another story altogether).

11 hours ago, Carey said:

I wonder how much a $100 bet would be worth if there was a winning bet for a team to win the game in overtime by 5 points

I missed it, how does that even happen? 

A FG on the first possession and then a safety on the next? 

2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Yes, I assume so. You get the FG first, which doesn't end the game, then when the other team gets the ball, you get a safety.

4 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

So is that footballs equivalent to a walk off balk in extra innings?

57 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I now want this to happen SO BADLY.  Preferably to the Bucs.

I too want this to happen . 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, shoregirl said:

So is that footballs equivalent to a walk off balk in extra innings?

One of the most exciting events I have attended was a must win game that ended in a "balk off".

The Jets have released Le' Veon Bell. I remember a lot of ex-players siding with him and Antonio Brown and throwing shade on Tomlin on their respective departures from Pittsburgh.

What say you now?

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, mojoween said:

The NFL app is weird.

I get notifications on MNF game starts, when there are injuries, when the game is back from halftime, when the score is close, when the game goes into overtime...but not a notification for the final score.  I wonder if that’s something I have to do in settings (entirely possible, whether I muster the energy to check this is another story altogether).

Maybe they’re trying to be mindful of people who DVR games and don’t want to be spoiled of the outcome. Or they’re being maliciously dramatic to leave you with a cliffhanger and force you to watch the highlight clips to see the action/ending 😂

• LOL 1

Who would have thought the Titans would be undefeated? I still hate how they don’t get dinged for all those positive players and screwing over the schedule. Teams should be fined for this shit.

2 hours ago, Fukui San said:

The Jets cutting LeVeon Bell after failing to find any team willing to trade for him tells me one thing.

The Texans fired Bill O'Brien right in the nick of time.

Because O’Brien is going to be the next coach of the Jets and Le’Veon won’t be there...?

Edited by mojoween
5 hours ago, twoods said:

Who would have thought the Titans would be undefeated? I still hate how they don’t get dinged for all those positive players and screwing over the schedule. Teams should be fined for this shit.

It didn't surprise me.  Sure there were some close calls, but Tennessee is still a very good team.  They're the complete opposite of whatever Houston is (or was); both teams started postseason play by beating AFC East Teams and ended postseason play by losing to Kansas City despite doing well.  The Texans might be starting to move on from that, but that loss at Arrowhead in January was the Titans only blemish going back to 2019.  Didn't think they'd win 42-16 though!

I guess I didn't factor in the fact that the Titans might be pissed, or more annoyed at everything, exceeding the frustrations of Buffalo and Pittsburgh, that they might actually do the ass-kicking instead of the other way around.  Whatever.  I won't be surprised if the punishment doesn't happen for a long time, maybe even next season.  I'll be livid, however, if somehow Tennessee falls on a sword to where Cleveland, of all teams, ends up crushing them later on.  I don't know how I'll feel or what my opinions will be if the league decides to bring down the hammer on the Titans prior to the Week 13 games

2 hours ago, mojoween said:
4 hours ago, Fukui San said:

The Jets cutting LeVeon Bell after failing to find any team willing to trade for him tells me one thing.

The Texans fired Bill O'Brien right in the nick of time.

Because O’Brien is going to be the next coach of the Jets and Le’Veon won’t be there...?

Because Houston would have traded for Bell?

10 minutes ago, xaxat said:

The Browns' stadium was built twenty years ago. Until last week the quarterback with the most victories there was the Steelers Ben Roethlisberger. 

I always figured that Mayfield would get there.  Obviously the best they've had, if not slated to be the best since Couch.  I'm surprised he got there now given how awful Cleveland was last year.  With a good start this year and the fair year in 2018, it makes sense.  Just figured it would've hit later this year if not next year barring another change, injury, or something else

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

The Browns' stadium was built twenty years ago. Until last week the quarterback with the most victories there was the Steelers Ben Roethlisberger. 

That's simultaneously hilarious and pitiful.

• Love 7

NFL, if you could see me, I am shaking my head disappointedly at you.

Atlanta has now shut down for multiple positive tests.  It’s not getting better, Roger.

(I wrote this before I went on Twitter and I had NO idea how many jokes at Atlanta’s expense could be made at this news)

Edited by mojoween
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Keyshawn Johnson, talking about what Le’Veon Bell might be thinking - “I know I’m going to get with this guy who is going to get me off every game.”  😳 

I would, in fact, like to see that.

Oh, and the Ravens acting as sore winners?  Shocking!  Martindale, Harbaugh, et al. can fuck right off, please and thank you.

Edited by NUguy514
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Magog said:

Is it OK today that I can for neither when it comes to the "epic" Brady vs Rodgers?

Yeah, it's ok.  Aside from the fact that having been in different conferences all these years, there never really was much of a rivalry between them, these quarterback "epics" are ridiculous since they're never on the field at the same time. 

WTF was Ron Rivera thinking?  Of course I'm happy for my Big Blue, but geez Louise.  It's as if you don't really want to keep working for Dan Snyder.

• Love 1

I though both Baltimore and Tennessee would've won by halftime.  I guess they were both looking ahead to Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, I guess you'd have to bet on Tampa or Green Bay to best produce a rooting interest between one or the other (Brady vs Rodgers)

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I can’t stand the Packers, but wow how much do I loath Tom Brady? 

I’m getting a hive from rooting for Aaron Rodgers.

Whatever you're doing, stop it. I haven't seen Rodgers play this badly in a while.

• LOL 6

Did FOX make him do this because Thom Brenneman left?

Because I can’t imagine Joe Buck chose to do a random Green Bay/Tampa Bay game in the middle of October rather than game seven of a league championship series.

I mean, regardless of which game he did today, he would still have tomorrow off before the World Series starts.

Or wait, is he calling Buffalo/Kansas City tomorrow?  He can’t be, because that would be like 14 days straight of scheduled games.

Edited by mojoween
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I can’t stand the Packers, but wow how much do I loath Tom Brady? 

I’m getting a hive from rooting for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm getting hives for having to deal with both of them. That not worth a damn GOAT debate between those 2 is vomit-inducing. This game is really nap-inducing.

As for the Jets, 6 losses down. Hopefully, 10 more losses to go. Who are they (hopefully) going to lose to next week?

Or wait, is he calling Buffalo/Kansas City tomorrow?  He can’t be, because that would be like 14 days straight of scheduled games.

He is calling the game tomorrow.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 3