Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

On 11/9/2020 at 10:58 AM, basiltherat said:

Perhaps the reason for Tommy The Egomaniac's drubbing by NO is that Karma slapped him for hiring an (alleged) rapist.  Although, strangely, that didn't work for Rotlesberger today.

I guess the reasons why are that the new Bucs wide receiver faced charges.  Also, the new Tampa wideout doesn't have any rings.  In addition, the Cowboys played hosts to Roethlisberger and the Steelers.  They could've won, but to stick to tradition they maintained for the past quarter-century, Dallas said, "No thank you."

Pittsburgh finally has their first in-season positive test.  Man, if you're feeling symptoms, I'm not sure why you're blowing it by being tough and dedicated.  Any other year and someone skipping a game for symptoms would get crushed.  Not this year, and definitely not on the road outside of decent driving distance

Edited by Carey
  • Love 1

I don't think any tram stands out this year in either conference.  I know pitt is undefeated but they even eeked by a dallas tram on literally there 4th qb in the last 6 weeks or so.  KC almost lost to an average to weak charlotte team.  

There is not much separation between teams. Very few this year can have on off game and still win. 

Pittsburgh may be dealing with an outbreak, and that would suck if it costs them their perfect season.  Especially to Cincinnati at home.  Though the Bengals aren't as bad as their record shows.  Sucks that they got swept to Cleveland, who were victims of a complete beatdown from Baltimore.

That being said, the Steelers have been very, very close to losing each of their last three games.  They are all road games; as mentioned, they play to their competition, but they did face a tough Ravens & Titans squad.

This is a combination of 2004 and 2017 for Pittsburgh.  They're escaping defeat week after week, while holding off a team that probably beats them anywhere with anybody in the Chiefs.  Carolina is actually okay, but that was a bad look for Kansas City at home.

I wouldn't worry about the Chiefs.  They usually start strong early, crash to Earth mid-season, and surge late

• Love 1

I am so happy that made it by the NFL uniform police. Don't think he could have gotten away with "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Diggs was eleven years old when that originally aired.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Jets gonna Jet.

I think Cam still has brain fog from Covid.   It's gonna take a while.  

As for Stefon Diggs cleats, those are the warm up cleats.   Lots of players have custom cleats for warm up.   Then they go with the uniform cleats for the game to avoid being fined.   Once a year on Cause Sunday they can wear custom cleats during the game.  Thank you Commissioner Bert Bell for the uniform police and no thank you to the NFLPA for never fixing this in the CBA.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Thanks, Nick Folk! Not one person in the world wanted that game to go to OT.

Or wanted the Jets to win that game. The Patriots were basically sleepwalking through 3 quarters. Thankfully, they woke up in the 4th & got the job done because I would of been absolutely infuriated if they would of lost to the Jets. 

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:
10 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

LOL Jets.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 😂

That should also be the motto for the Lions & those wretched not worth a damn Falcons. The Jets are 7 losses away from joining those Lions & the Browns in the apex of NFL Futility. Hopefully, they won't put a scare in me in the next game & just lay down & play dead already.

Edited by Magog
49 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Only his tight end has tested positive. Ben is on the covid list because of close contact.

Ahh ok.  Poor tight end.  The alerts I got only said Ben was on the COVID list, no mention of the guy who actually has it.

My thoughts on NFL headquarters has not changed, however.

• Love 1

I just want to get this off my chest...Skip Bayless is an asshole.

I have never heard him have a derogatory nickname for any other quarterback except Flacco.  He calls him Fluko.  Just did it again.  For a player that really doesn't impact the sport that much, why single him out?  I know Bayless' feelings got hurt when Flacco beat his beloved Brady on the way to his Superbowl win, but Bayless is just petty.  Did Flacco sleep with his wife or something?  I also hate his dismissive grunts.  Asshole.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Only his tight end has tested positive. Ben is on the covid list because of close contact.

How do they do that?  Single out any one individual because of close contact.  The entire team is in close contact with each other.  Unless they're doing something I really don't wanna know about...

12 minutes ago, Johann said:

I have never heard him have a derogatory nickname for any other quarterback except Flacco.  He calls him Fluko.  Just did it again.  For a player that really doesn't impact the sport that much, why single him out?  I know Bayless' feelings got hurt when Flacco beat his beloved Brady on the way to his Superbowl win, but Bayless is just petty.  Did Flacco sleep with his wife or something?  I also hate his dismissive grunts.  Asshole.

Several other players are also on the List because of close contact.   They have a formula and its what the contact tracers they all wear say.    

5 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Not to make fun or anything...but this is a new discovery?

Lol.  No. He just pissed me off yet again and I thought I would share my disgust with all you lovely people.

Edited by Johann
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Johann said:

He used to call Tony Romo "Tony Uh-Oh" and "Tony Romeo" when he was dating Jessica Simpson. There are multiple examples of Skip lying and being contrary for the sake of contrariness, so I don't take anything he says seriously. My sports life got infinitely better when I stopped watching clowns like Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd, and others of their inflammatory opinionated nature.

• Love 3

I would occasionally watch First Take to see which of Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless could out-asshole the other.  It was always a tie, and, really, I as the viewer lost because both of them made me want to stab myself in the face so many times.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

They're nuts, but good-hearted. I remember they gave a bunch of money to Andy Dalton's charity after the Bengals knocked out Baltimore to get the Bills in the playoffs a few years back.

Yes we are! I donated to Dalton’s charity and it was for a good cause as well. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, meowmommy said:

How do they do that?  Single out any one individual because of close contact.  The entire team is in close contact with each other.  Unless they're doing something I really don't wanna know about...

They're wearing tracers that can tell whether or not someone has been within six feet...etc. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mojoween said:

I also heard this morning on ESPN Radio that there were four players who were in close contact, so it’s not just Ben who has to quarantine.

That is correct.  It was Vince Williams, Jaylen Samuels, and someone else in addition to Ben that was close to Vance McDonald

This is going to be the first year where I am now too old of a lady to follow along with the SB halftime act.

I imagine The Weeknd is hip with the young kids?  And I know who he is and what he looks like, but could not tell you if I have ever heard one of his songs or collaborations.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I saw this pop up on my twitter. I didn't know it was an single person. I thought it was a group. 

I did, too! I think last year I saw a headline saying The Weeknd (ugh, that spelling) was dating some famous woman, and I wondered how someone was dating an entire musical group.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

And I know who he is and what he looks like, but could not tell you if I have ever heard one of his songs or collaborations.

You're ahead of me - I did know The Weeknd is a person, not a band, but had no idea what he looks like or, like you, if I'd heard any of his songs.  I just looked him up, so now I know what he looks like, but when I listened to snippets of the first six videos that came up on Google, I didn't know any of the songs.

5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I saw this pop up on my twitter. I didn't know it was an single person. I thought it was a group. 

2 hours ago, Popples said:

I did, too! I think last year I saw a headline saying The Weeknd (ugh, that spelling) was dating some famous woman, and I wondered how someone was dating an entire musical group.

It's basically a reversal of Dru Hill & Jodeci!

• LOL 2

This is why I watch SNL - to keep up with the hip, young musical acts!  (That's current lingo, right?).  He's been on a few times and is quite charming.  I always enjoy The Weeknd Update. 

Honestly, the way I keep up with a lot of music is through SNL, Colbert, and between innings at ballgames.  Used to be able to add Letterman in there, but alas... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, xaxat said:

Does anyone know if the league is still making money off their "patriotic" military salutes?

Define "making money."    Are they still selling Salute to Service merchandise?   Oh yeah.   Is the Pentagon paying the NFL for all the in stadium events?   No.   It was stopped a few years ago when it came out how much the Pentagon was spending.   It was felt the taxpayers should not be paying for sports team to salute our military.   If leagues want to do it during November, they can but they won't be paid to do it.    One reason the League suddenly didn't mind teams not coming out for the National Anthem anymore or kneeling.   It wouldn't just the NFL's paycheck from DoD.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

RIP Paul Hornung.  One of the rare greats in both College and the NFL.  Similar to how we aren't getting a league MVP from a non-playoff team, or a Super Bowl MVP from a losing team, we'll never see a Heisman winner from a team with a losing record, ever again.

12 hours ago, Calvada said:

2020 has been a rough year for Packers' greats - Herb Adderley, Willie Wood, Willie Davis and now the Golden Boy.  

The real Golden Boy.  It's been a rough year, period, but I feel for the St. Louis Cardinals fans along with the Green Bay fans.

The Steelers result against the Bengals will not be a shock, regardless of the outcome.  I think Cincinnati is for real and might be 1-2 years & a defense away from being a major contender.  IMO, Cincy reminds me of Cleveland 2 years ago when they rallied in the second half and finished strong against expectations.  Pittsburgh might point to covid issues in an event of a loss, but the Bengals have been dealing with the coronavirus as well.  Cincy had a bye, but despite the fan turnout, it's at Heinz Field.

Week Ten Picks includes: Cleveland, Detroit, Tampa, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Vegas, Seattle, New Orleans, Baltimore, and Chicago.

The Eagles are getting several people back.  Despite the jokes on a 5-win NFC Team, I think Philly might run away and possibly get that number to 7-9 wins.  The problem is they are losing several people, including their entire defensive line, thanks to their assistant coach testing positive

41 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Ok, ladies and germs, your New York Football Giants are one game out of first place in the NFC East (Iggles have that tie and a game in hand).  Take that, haters!

They still have a ton of tough games left, including the AFC North outside of the current leader,  They could go 0-6 especially if I pick them to run the table to finish 10-6 (similar to their Super Bowl years & run).  Seattle you never know, and Dallas favors the GMEN.  Anyway, it's not easy for New York, unless I pick against them.

Meanwhile, several people were happy to see Nick Chubb return today, but that view did a 180 around the conclusion of the Texans/Browns game.  Meh, I was okay with the ending; it happens

Unfortunately Big Blue already has seven losses so 9-7 is on the table, 10-6 is sadly not.

All day FOX was imploring me to check out America’s Game of the Week, Seattle at LA.  Seattle at LA SEATTLE AT LA.  The Giants game concludes (love you DJ!), the postgame show wraps up, and the announcer declares “welcome to Pittsburgh!”  The fuck?  In related news, Cincinnati is vomiting all over themselves and it’s making me sad.

• Love 1