• Bethenny
    • Carole
    • Dorinda
    • Heather
    • Kristen
    • Luann
    • Ramona
    • Sonja

My least fav is Dorinda bc she's a preachy, nasty drunk. But I think I'll love to hate her. Get rid of Lu. Yes, she has the "don't be all...uncool" catchphrase but I don't think she brings a lot to the table. I would actually be fine with the same cast, with Lu and Kristin as FOH

• Love 2

Tough choice, because I want Dorinda, Bethenny and Ramona gone. I voted Dorinda, because the drunk slurring, crying, yelling is just something I don't want to see. Bethenny is horrible, but at least we can snark on the "homeless" rich girl with 2 homes. And Ramona's mangled English can be snark-worthy.

• Love 5

I would rather see LuAnn go. She has veered into the "Brandi" territory with claiming she will be vindicated next episode/soon ploy and she is making it up as she goes because she is desperate to keep her job/apple.

• Love 2

I'm an outlier. I love this current cast and having 8 HWs. 

No, I would never want to be stuck in a room with half of them (and god help me if that half includes Ramona), but I like the mix of old and new HWs. And I disagree with the idea that 8 is too many. If you just cut back on Bethenny's crying jags and devoted a little more time to Kristen and Heather's lives, it'd be a pretty balanced show. As the more recent episodes have shown, you CAN juggle this size of a cast.

• Love 12

I voted for Bethany.  I hate her product placement and how she seems to get to have the finale word on everything.  Also feel the show would be more balanced without her.  Guess production loves her I just don't.

• Love 11

I'd start cleaning house by ditching the three most obvious narcissists: Ramona, Sonja and Bethenny.

Hey Bravo, how about casting a show without narcissists? They may be easy drama, but the formula is getting stale.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8

For me Sonja could go and not only would I not miss her, I'm not sure that I would notice. This has always been the case for me with Sonja. At best, she should be a "friend of". She has always played the role of the person who is observing and commenting on the action much better than the person actually responsible for the drama. I think it's because out of all the women, I just don't get her, and I'm not sure that what we see is in any way authentic. It could be authentic - maybe she really is just this delusional and loony, but that is so hard for me to wrap my mind around.  She is just too crazy to really be entertaining to me. 

• Love 7

RAMONA!!!  Really, need I say WHY - obnoxious from the start, whether she's playing a role or not, unkind, unfunny - she needs to leave my TV ASAP!  Sonja can go, too - unless she can maintain her recent level of semi-sober wit & come up with stories beyond teeth & twenty-something rent boys.  Bethenny can stay only if she's REQUIRED to be honest about her significant others, & has no more product placement/talking heads than the rest receive.  Kristen, I regret to say, is so much chronologically & attitudinally younger that she just doesn't fit with the rest of this desperate, senescent group; she's also too bland & normal in her interactions to be interesting TV.

• Love 8

Ramona is my least favorite. She stirs the pot, she starts a lot of stuff, its all about her. Just not amusing at all for me in any way.

*edited to make a complete sentence and make sense*

Edited by tinaw
  • Love 10

I actually have really enjoyed the cast this year. 8 wives honestly doesn't bother me much---at least it keeps the show at a brisk pace and doesn't allow any boring storylines to dominate.

If I had to pick someone to go though, I'd pick Bethenny. And I once loved Bethenny in her original first few seasons, but I just hate how she came back to this show obviously just to pimp our her Skinnygirl shit and dominate episodes with her boring, weepy therapy sessions. She's barely gets along with half of the cast, she's only grown more neurotic and less funny as the years have gone by, and her tired, outdated one-liners are so damned lame.

I'll admittedly miss Heather and Kristen...I thought they brought a more youthful charm to the cast that was definitely needed. Plus, they're the only "Real Housewives" on here that are actually married, go figure!!

• Love 11

I picked Ramona because I am tired of waiting for her to evolve. It's obvious that this is as good as she gets.

To me, you described why I voted Ramona off the island.  There is no growth-even with Mario out of the picture she is so one-note-boys, boys, boys for me, me, me.  My runner up would be Kristen because she offers nothing.  Her charity event was pedestrian at best, for all the name dropping her husband and Heather do-where were the or a big name?  The charity seemed like one of Josh's marketing plans-my wife has a big smile maybe we can find a charity to go along with it. 

My problem is I agree with everyone's responses so far.

• Love 3

Heather and Kristen can hit the road - don't like either one and could care less about their lives (or lack there of.)-

As far as that goes, Carol is meh in my book too.

Bring in some fresh blood to go with the OGs  (Ramona, the Countess, Betheny and Sonja.)

• Love 1

The recast in season 5 never worked and production erred significantly by ascribing the abysmal ratings and lack of chemistry completely to Aviva. Her histrionics certainly became tired and repetitive by the culmination of her tenure but Heather and Kristen were also responsible for positioning her at the center of the franchise with their obsession. As much as I dislike them, there would have been very little to discuss this season without Heather's meltdowns, outbursts, and escalating revisionism. Ramona and Sonja have never been interesting to me (what's fascinating about middle-aged alcoholism?) and I've never understood Andy's celebration of them. If only one had to go, my vote would be for Ramona, but ideally it's another overhaul for season 9 with Bethenny, LuAnn, and Heather returning.

• Love 2

The recast in season 5 never worked and production erred significantly by ascribing the abysmal ratings and lack of chemistry completely to Aviva. Her histrionics certainly became tired and repetitive by the culmination of her tenure but Heather and Kristen were also responsible for positioning her at the center of the franchise with their obsession. As much as I dislike them, there would have been very little to discuss this season without Heather's meltdowns, outbursts, and escalating revisionism. Ramona and Sonja have never been interesting to me (what's fascinating about middle-aged alcoholism?) and I've never understood Andy's celebration of them. If only one had to go, my vote would be for Ramona, but ideally it's another overhaul for season 9 with Bethenny, LuAnn, and Heather returning.

I think they will take a look at BH and their ratings with three gone.  I don't think Andy gets another rebuild period with the RHONYC-he got Bethenny back and the rating didn't exactly soar.  I am on board with no Ramona.

• Love 3

I think the 18 or so months that lapsed between the end of season 4 and the start of season 5 did the biggest damage to the NY ratings, far more than any 1 or 2 HWs ever did or could do. Even Andy acknowledge that the long break really hurt the show and cost it viewers.

• Love 10

I feel like I'm in a production focus group.

Get rid of Beth, Dorinda, Luanne and Ramona.

Beth - No storyline. Turns her scenes into QVC segments.

Ramona - It's been said.

Luanne - She's desperate and very cringeworthy on camera. I'm embarrassed for her.

Dorinda - Has a nasty side and is boring. Doesn't add anything of substance to scenes; just stirs the shit. Needs an intervention.

I think it's a problem that the average age of the cast is so high (makes them unrelatable to many viewers) and very few of them are actually housewives...

Concur

• Love 3

The year-and-a-half hiatus occurred between seasons 5 and 6, post-recast. Didn't ratings buckle significantly after the exit of Jill, Kelly, and Alex, then unravel further with the extended break? I thought the entire reason for the ellipsis was that Andy and production wanted a fun summer setting for Carole and company's sophomore season after their lackluster (vis-a-vis ratings) debut? . . . I think that from a narrative/tptb standpoint, it would make more sense to jettison Heather and retain Kristen and Carole. There are less external bonds between the latter two and Carole has demonstrated that she's prepared to sacrifice Kristen at the altar of narrative conflict with her game of runtelldat over Pop(ofColor)Gate. With Heather gone, I could see Carole turning on Kristen even more.

• Love 2

I had to decide between Ramona and Dorinda and went with Ramona for two reasons:

1]  Because she has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

2]  I would like to see Dorinda in the hot seat next season.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

I had to decide between Ramona and Dorinda and went with Ramona for two reasons:

1]  Because she has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

2]  I would like to see Dorinda in the hot seat next season.

I like that.  I was thinking Dorinda as my top pick but seeing her in the hot seat would be 'nice'.  I agree with Ro because she offers nothing.  The 'countess' was much more interesting when she was just a friend and the Greek chorus last season.  Sonja is just kind of pathetic.

As much as I can't stand Beth, I like the interaction between her and Heather because Heather will go up against her - not like Lu, Ro and Sonja.

I like Kris much more than last season and Carole doesn't bother me.  Is eight too much?  I don't know.  They have had seven in the past. 

One of the problems that I've seen this year, and I've said this before, is that only two of the housewives are married which has made the show more single oriented and changes the dynamics.  I can understand having one or two singles but this franchise has morphed into the single ladies of NY.  It's not why I watch 'housewives' shows.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

The year-and-a-half hiatus occurred between seasons 5 and 6, post-recast. Didn't ratings buckle significantly after the exit of Jill, Kelly, and Alex, then unravel further with the extended break? I thought the entire reason for the ellipsis was that Andy and production wanted a fun summer setting for Carole and company's sophomore season after their lackluster (vis-a-vis ratings) debut? . . . I think that from a narrative/tptb standpoint, it would make more sense to jettison Heather and retain Kristen and Carole. There are less external bonds between the latter two and Carole has demonstrated that she's prepared to sacrifice Kristen at the altar of narrative conflict with her game of runtelldat over Pop(ofColor)Gate. With Heather gone, I could see Carole turning on Kristen even more.

The time lapse was right before Heather/Carole and Aviva joined the show, wasn't it? That was after Jill, Kelly and Cindy were all fired. This is Heather/Carole's third season on the show.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Sonja so very much at first, lately she's falling apart IMO. Her public drunkenness, embarrassing performances, erratic social life, confusing business proposals, blaming cast mates for her failures, rambling "Sonja Team" rationale and inability to listen to others make me believe the strain of TV is harming more than helping her. Lady Morgan needs a clear message from Bravo to seek professional help for her own wellbeing.

do-you-think-i-stupid-rhony-sonja.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

At the top it says the poll is multiple choice. That's why I voted for Luann and b. Am I skewering the poll by voting for two?

No, you are correct...the poll does ask members to pick two. Right now Ramona and Dorinda have the most votes with Ramona leading by almost twice as many. Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Unfortunately,  Ro will most probably be back.  So will Lu, Sonja, Doris and Beth (unless they go ahead with Bethenny Starting Over but after this season's ratings, that's not a given) .  I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors are true that Heather is quitting.  Kristen will probably be gone and Carole will most likely be back.  So, we have the story of four single ladies in NY and one with a boyfriend.  I just don't see it working.

• Love 3

Unfortunately,  Ro will most probably be back.  So will Lu, Sonja, Doris and Beth (unless they go ahead with Bethenny Starting Over but after this season's ratings, that's not a given) .  I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors are true that Heather is quitting.  Kristen will probably be gone and Carole will most likely be back.  So, we have the story of four single ladies in NY and one with a boyfriend.  I just don't see it working.

I think Ro will absolutely be back. I detest her, but she is reality TV gold. It is so rare to find someone that has absolutely zero self-awareness, especially after being on camera for all these years. She will continue to humiliate herself, but others don't mind her staying around and never demand her firing (even though she throws them all under the bus) because she will always make anyone she is filming with look better by comparison. At the end of the day, having her around is better for the rest of them. 

I wonder how deep they will go in retooling the show? I think that Andy felt they went to far after S4. Getting rid of 4 in one season was a big change, and the ratings weren't good, although they did climb at the end of the season (the ratings for the Pirate episodes were outstanding). He said after that he would never again listen to the audience when making casting decisions. I think that is the real reason that they are bringing Brandi back in a PT role this season. Getting rid of both her and Kim at one time, considering they are both long time HW's, might be too much change in one season. I do think that one of the long-timers will be gone after this season. I'm not convinced Beth wants to come back, but if she does, I think either Sonja or Lu will be gone. I think Carole comes back if she wants to come back, and it will be interesting to see what she does if Heather really is leaving. 

• Love 4

I voted Sonya (mostly because I don't care about her).  But I’d be lying if I said it didn’t give me a small glimmer of satisfaction to see Ramona getting so many votes.  Although she does sometimes make interesting TV, she really is an awful, awful woman.

• Love 7

I think Ro will absolutely be back. I detest her, but she is reality TV gold. It is so rare to find someone that has absolutely zero self-awareness, especially after being on camera for all these years. She will continue to humiliate herself, but others don't mind her staying around and never demand her firing (even though she throws them all under the bus) because she will always make anyone she is filming with look better by comparison. At the end of the day, having her around is better for the rest of them. 

I wonder how deep they will go in retooling the show? I think that Andy felt they went to far after S4. Getting rid of 4 in one season was a big change, and the ratings weren't good, although they did climb at the end of the season (the ratings for the Pirate episodes were outstanding). He said after that he would never again listen to the audience when making casting decisions. I think that is the real reason that they are bringing Brandi back in a PT role this season. Getting rid of both her and Kim at one time, considering they are both long time HW's, might be too much change in one season. I do think that one of the long-timers will be gone after this season. I'm not convinced Beth wants to come back, but if she does, I think either Sonja or Lu will be gone. I think Carole comes back if she wants to come back, and it will be interesting to see what she does if Heather really is leaving. 

Interesting about Andy not listening to the audience again. He sure seems to pick and choose that excuse.  He claims to be afraid of Teresa Giudice fans so I guess RHONYC fans are less fanatic.  I think Andy needs to stop listening to Bethenny Frankel.  She was the one with the hire Aviva endorsement.   Andy believes that he has NY pegged but I think he is off the mark.  This season was one argument after another to the point that they stopped making any sense.

I have always gotten the impression that during Jill's stay on the show she pushed for bigger and better perks and salaries.  Season 5 everyone was in shellshock after Jill, Kelly and Alex were discharged.  After marginal ratings,  the long hiatus seemed to occur because LuAnn and the others held out for more money. The stuff or lack of stuff with Jacques and LuAnn didn't occur until contracts had been signed. The idea that Luann's story was stale because she and Jacques broke up and would not be relevant.  I guess they learned when Ramona and Mario divorced between the end of filming and airing. Again a horrible season because of Bookgate and the idea that production could punish a RH by taking them out of the credits.  It doesn't matter to 90% of the audience whether they are billed as FOH or RH, and salary wise they have paid the wages so why piddle around with the billing?  I think the franchise has proven that short of death or moving there is always a chance for a RH to return even in small scenes.  Who knows maybe next season they will go to Australia and visit with Simon and Alex.

I haven't heard any real confirmation about Brandi (well other than Brandi) coming back-I think Kim or Yolanda would come back before Brandi. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Oh darnit I missed the "vote for 2" part!  Consider Ramona having another (unofficial) vote!

Heh, I completely missed that too. It's actually multiple choice, you can vote for as many as you want! Here's my choices:

Bethenny: Bye Skinnygirl. I cannot take your nonstop self-promotion.

Sonja with a crazy J: Makes me super uncomfortable. Talula nailed the reasons above. Also, her interns make me sad.

Ramona: See you next Tuesday. Your act is old. How did she and Mario create such a lovely child as Avery?

The rest can stay.

Luann: She pissed me off this season but lots of entertainment potential with her dual personalities.

Heather: My favorite. I wanna have lunch with her. Not saying she's perfect but I think she's fun and lively and would be a great girlfriend.

Kristen: Boring, but inoffensive. Actually, I think the dynamic between she and Heather is unmined gold.

Carole: People seem to love her or hate her. I'm in the love category. I do understand why some of her behavior seems fake to people the more I watch her, but I think those seemingly shallow waters actually run pretty deep.

Dorinda: Also makes me extremely uncomfortable, I don't get her at all. Much like she is a two-face in looks, her personality seems completely inconsistent to me, which is troubling but also intriguing. Just keep her away from the booze.

Fun poll!

• Love 8

From Wikipedia here are the ratings averaged out over seasons 3- through the present:

Season 3    1.88

Season 3 had Bethenny, Jill, Ramona, Alex, Sonja, Kelly, LuAnn and Jen 

Season 4    2.01

Season 4 saw Bethenny exit, Jen not get picked up and the lackluster addition of Cindy Barshop

Season 5  1.62

Season 5 retained only Sonja, Ramona, LuAnn and added Aviva, Heather and Carole

Season 6  1.28   This is the long hiatus season

Season 6 retained the entire cast from Season 5 and added Kristen

Season 7 1.31  To date.

The Season kept all but Season 6 Aviva and added Dorinda and Bethenny

Lowest episode Bethenny meets step dad

Highest episode Don't be Uncool

These are from Wikipedia and there has already been a days long discussion of 3 and 7  day numbers but these all use the same gauge Season to Season.  To me it looks like for all the money and separate publicity Bethenny gets she doesn't have that much of an impact.  The lowest rated episode was Bethenny rich in story, the highest rated episode had no essentially no Bethenny.  Maybe a message to Bravo and Andy?  I guess it could also be argued the lowest season had LuAnn as a friend of and Kristen holding an apple.  Mostly it is the old story of making numbers say whatever you want.

• Love 2

I missed the fact that we could vote for more than one HW too. I didn't even notice the "multiple choice" at the end. IMHO the "least favorite" phrase implies only one.

Since some of us voted for one and others voted for two, the results are meaningless but I did enjoy reading everyone's explanation.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

This was a tough vote for me. At first I thought "Kristen!" but then I realized a case could easily be made for other women to leave…but also, on the flip side, to stay.  I couldn't similarly make a case for Bethenny to stay.

I'll give Kristen the benefit of the doubt here and say that we maybe haven't seen all she has to offer. Dorinda and Sonja are obnoxious drunks, but refreshing when they are lucid and reasonable. Ramona is annoying as hell but all she has to do is show up and she's entertaining. 

Bethenny, on the other hand…I think we've seen everything she's got to offer. It's SkinnyGirl promotion, soundbites, and therapy sessions. I can't take another season of all that.

• Love 4

Kristen.  It's like watching paint dry when she's in the scene.

Sonja.  It's just not fun watching a totally delusional crazy person make a complete ass of herself.  Actually I'd rather rid of her than Kristen on the premise that Kristen is boring but sane.

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone watched WWHL last night, a reviewer for NY Magazine, Julie Klausner who has a new show on Hulu, Difficult People, was asked about the various RHNY and what she thought of them.  I admit I cringed when she answered, "heaven pure heaven," when asked about Bethenny.  She also said her friend Danielle said Heather was the worst college roommate ever.  http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/episode-12128/videos-0?clip=2887894  Here is the clip--she likes LuAnn and her song. 

• Love 1

I voted for Bethenny because having given it a very little bit of thought -- she is really the only one I have no interest in.  I don't know whether it's because I wasn't a serious RHofNY watcher the first 2 seasons or whether I just think her expiration date has passed.  She's been on this show, 2 seasons(?) of her own show, a talk show and back here again.  She doesn't contribute anything "new" only her old schtick of fast and furious banter.

As much as Ramona and Sonja drive me nutty I enjoy watching them.

• Love 3

You need a "Ramona" on this cast so that things don't get dull.  She stirs the shit and makes people crazy.  If you don't have that you're dead in the water with no ratings and nothing worthy of filming.  Luann is a good counterpart for Ramona.  She will make an effort to keep her in line,  And she flipped the narrative on Carole and Heather!  I'm still in awe,  Sonja is the "delusional one" but she is not mean.  She is my favorite kind of crazy.  Dorinda can get martini madness so she is good to keep for ratings.  When she is sober she still sounds interesting.  I don't blame Bethenny for trying to advertise her products and she's funny so keep her.  I like Carole - she is the intellectual who can be funny or be deep but she needs to stop saying lines from Sex in the City.

Heather - I can't stand her.  It's like she is lying in wait to be the morally and ethically correct one so she can swing her justice sword around and teach everyone a lesson.  You can't control anyone so why bother.  She also tries to change the dialogue.  When she repeats back what a person said to her, it's twisted.  She did that to Bethenny with the plus one argument.  Kristen is pretty but she is pretty much a non-entity.  

Notice what gets rating for these shows - table flipping, a housewife's husband physically attacking a housewife's gay friend, Andy getting pushed down in his chair. cast getting sent to federal prison.  It's not pretty but people tune in to watch the train wreck.   

• Love 2

You need a "Ramona" on this cast so that things don't get dull.  She stirs the shit and makes people crazy.  If you don't have that you're dead in the water with no ratings and nothing worthy of filming.  Luann is a good counterpart for Ramona.  She will make an effort to keep her in line,  And she flipped the narrative on Carole and Heather!  I'm still in awe,  Sonja is the "delusional one" but she is not mean.  She is my favorite kind of crazy.  Dorinda can get martini madness so she is good to keep for ratings.  When she is sober she still sounds interesting.  I don't blame Bethenny for trying to advertise her products and she's funny so keep her.  I like Carole - she is the intellectual who can be funny or be deep but she needs to stop saying lines from Sex in the City.

Heather - I can't stand her.  It's like she is lying in wait to be the morally and ethically correct one so she can swing her justice sword around and teach everyone a lesson.  You can't control anyone so why bother.  She also tries to change the dialogue.  When she repeats back what a person said to her, it's twisted.  She did that to Bethenny with the plus one argument.  Kristen is pretty but she is pretty much a non-entity.  

Notice what gets rating for these shows - table flipping, a housewife's husband physically attacking a housewife's gay friend, Andy getting pushed down in his chair. cast getting sent to federal prison.  It's not pretty but people tune in to watch the train wreck.   

I thought I'd NEVER say this but switch Ramona with Jill Zarin and you'd have a married busy body that stirs thing up, has real estate and other contacts and will be friends with at least LuAnn and if B comes back she will probably broker a forgiveness storyline friendship with Jill for filming purposes.  Ramona could have had a good season if she had used the fan sympathy to her advantage instead of being a completely nasty bitch. Frick and Frack are no longer amusing.

• Love 7

You can delete your vote and start over if you only voted for one. I did.

I voted for Ramona and Sonja because they're both just sad and drunk and not interesting. It might be fun to see Jill come back.

Whoever said they wanted Chrissy Teigen on this show - God forbid. She's the nastiest, crassest woman I've ever seen. I think she would make Tamra Barney look like a debutante.

• Love 4