Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Cycle

The electricity in Wayward Pines is turned off with deadly repercussions. As Ethan and Kate take the necessary steps to move everyone out of harm's way, Nurse Pam confronts Pilcher on his decision and tries to convince him to reconsider.

Well that was a slap in the face!

You don't believe that a small secret group could execute all those kidnappings, build a bunker full of tech that would work properly 2000 years later, and then, upon auto thawing, build a whole fake town to full the abductees, complete with a mutant proof fence? You think that's beyond acceptable suspension of disbelief?

Well choke on this: a tiny group of under educated brainwashed teenagers was able to take control from an armed, furious, and aware group of former victims occupying the control center with the assistance of some of the crew and the former number 2. Oh, and this same group of teenagers not only repaired the whole place and took over all the positions, including apparently monument sculpter, but after three years of their untrained rule, the place was still running smoothly!

And don't think i didn't notice the callback to The Prisoner with that carousel music.

Agreed, the ending was a huge letdown.  So the series might've continued with this nonsense?  I would've dropped it either way then.

• Love 9

Why was there a sign that says 'Welcome to Wayward Pines' no where near any road ?  What is it there for ?  And the CGI of the Abbies running towards WP was terrible.

There's no way that there are thousands of these Abbies directly outside the fence.  Ethan only saw a 3 or 4 and he was outside the fence for an entire day.

So, as 6 Abbies approach WP, the plan is for everyone to get into the bunker under Lot 33.  Which kind of makes sense.

Why would it take so long to restore the power to the fence -- someone said something about 20 minutes ?  Because that seems like a big design flaw.

The power gets restored to the hospital thanks to the backup generator where we find Ben and Amy in the recovery room -- uh, who took out Amy's ventilator between the end of last episode and when the power was restored ?  Anyone ?

Apparently Jason isn't dead from being shot by Ethan, they just put him in a jail cell and didn't tend to his gunshot wound.

Nurse Pam's chat with Pilcher shows how all unhinged he is -- he's already talking about Group C -- and for her troubles to convince him to turn the power back on, Pilcher calls security and they haul Pam off to the suspension area to go back into cryostasis.  In addition, security takes all the people monitoring the town into custody.

Wow -- those Abbies sure can run fast, there are now thousands inside the fence at the edge of town.  I guess someone rang the dinner bell.

The power goes out at the hospital -- again -- and the doctor goes to "check on it".  Doubt we'll see him again, as Theresa, Ben and Amy get set to move to Lot 33.  Yep, ole Doc Carol gets killed by an Abbie that somehow managed to get in the hospital vewwy qwietly (a la Elmer Fudd) and intentionally killed the generator in order to lure someone in.  Seriously ?

As Ethan, Kate and some rebels arm themselves, Tim the hotel clerk shows Ethan the bag of remaining pipe bombs that the rebels had (I'm sure those will come in handy later).  Jason takes the opportunity to state how Pilcher said this day will come and 1st Generation would be the only ones saved.

As the Abbies start to kill and munch their way through all the townsfolk who didn't get their asses to Lot 33, a car explodes.  Why exactly ?  Are we supposed to conclude that the one guy who fired a flare gun straight up into the air that somehow the flare landed in the gas tank of the car ?  When in reality, the flare should have just bounced off the roof of the car ?

Thankfully, the boss at the real estate office gets eaten by an Abbie.  He kind of deserved that fate for being such a dick.

Nurse Pam tries to plead with the security guards to rise up against Pilcher, but gets tased for her efforts.

A bunch of 1st Generation students show up at the sheriff's office and release Jason and the other two students.  Jason is convinced that they have to get to the ark (by which I assume he means the mountain).

Kate's gun runs out of ammo so she makes her way to the toy store (maybe she should have had her assault rifle on semi-auto instead of auto to conserve ammo, just saying) and locks herself in the back room of the shop with an Abbie right outside the door.  Somehow these Abbies know how buildings work and which windows are connected to which room as an Abbie crashes through the ceiling into the room with Kate.  But it's no big deal, Kate just beats him to death with a pipe wrench (why would a toy maker have a massive pipe wrench in his work room is the bigger question ?)

As Theresa, Ben and Amy try and quietly sneak out of the hospital, an Abbie confronts them but is killed by Ethan.

Kate goes back onto Main Street and finds Tim the hotel clerk being munched upon by an Abbie, but Tim is still alive and points his finger at the bag with the pipe bombs, which Kate picks up.

As for everyone meeting up at Lot 33, a grand total of maybe 25 people make it there in addition to Kate, Theresa, Ben, Amy and Ethan.  That's all.  Hope that the Abbies are enjoying all their manwiches.  Surprising thing is that the group inside the tunnel looks a lot bigger than the group was standing outside the tunnel.  It looks like Arlene and Brad and Megan Fisher made it.  After a lovely speech by Ben to Megan about how everything is all Pilcher's fault, Megan tells them that the tunnels lead back to an elevator to the mountain (and only she knows the code -- isn't that convenient).

As Kate tends Theresa's arm wound from the Abbie, they have a lovely little chat about poor dead Harold.  Ben apolgizes to Ethan for the shit he said to Ethan at the hospital.

Megan decides to stay put by the tunnel entrance to wait for the remaining 1st Generation students, but she doesn't even tell Brad Fisher the secret code as she sends him into the tunnels.

Meanwhile, at WPA, Jason and the boys find a group of students in the white room where Ben got the lecture about 'The Truth', and Jason presses a secret button that opens a door to a room full of weapons, ammo, food and supplies.  How did anyone else not know about this room in the WPA academy building -- it's massive ?

Correction, it turns out that Megan told Kate the secret elevator code (off screen, of course), so as the group in the tunnels reaches the elevator Kate punches in the code.  But only Kate and Ethan go up the elevator first to check it out and make sure everything is safe.

As Nurse Pam gets the Reggie treatment and the sands of cryostasis fall up on her, Pilcher doesn't look very happy.  Ethan and Kate gun down a couple of security guards, and as the other guards rush off to deal with the situation, one guard gets one of the techs to wake Nurse Pam back up from her cryopod.

Ethan kills one more security guard and the remaining guards surrender as Ethan gives Theresa the all clear to start bringing people up.  While at the same time, Megan Fisher starts hearing noises above her at the tunnel entrance.  And it's the Abbies.  As the Abbies start running through the tunnels, there is no sign of Megan Fisher (where did she go ?)

Ethan arrives back downstairs to get the last group up the elevator safely as Ben empties a clip into a few Abbies.  So everyone made it into the elevator except Megan.

As the final group travels up in the elevator, the elevator suddenly stops -- apparently the Abbies broke through the elevator door at the bottom of the shaft and that somehow knocked the elevator offline.  Sure whatever, but now Abbies are climbing up the elevator shaft.  Ben scoots up through the elevator access door in the ceiling and finds the ladder along the shaft and everyone else escapes up the shaft.

Ethan stays behind in the elevator car with the pipe bombs as he sends Ben on without him.  Even if he blows up the elevator car and kills some Abbies, there are dozens more than are coming, so I guess he is just going to close the shaft so no more can get through.

Pilcher is confronted by Kate in his office where she demands that he turn the power back on, but he gives a grand speech and ultimately says no.  That you can kill him, but you can't kill his ideas.  So Nurse Pam kills him -- I find it kind of satisfying that Pam killed her crazy brother.

As the Abbies start punching holes in the bottom of the elevator car (since when are the floors of elevators made of really cheap materials -- it should be solid steel ?), Ethan blows up the pipe bombs and kills all the Abbies in the elevator shaft.  And for some reason, there is lots of debris falling down from above and as Ben screams "Dad" at the wreckage below, something clonks him on the head and knocks him out.

Looks like Pam and Kate are going to become the new leadership based on their conversation about truth, including Pam showing Kate all the other people still in stasis.

Ben finally wakes up, having been unconscious for 3 years and 4 months, Amy is now a nurse, and WP hospital is back up and running.  Amy tells Ben to keep quiet because "they're listening", and "they" blame Ethan for everything that happened and that's why Ben was in suspension for so long, and if he doesn't behave they will put him back in suspension with the adults.

As Ben walks through the streets of WP, Jason is the new sheriff, everyone looks at Ben oddly, and there is a new statue of David Pilcher gracing the park, surrounded by multiple dead bodies strung up on flagpoles and hanging from nooses with signs around their necks that say things like "Do Not Try to Leave".

So the WPA 1st Generation students somehow took control of the mountain complex and now rule with an iron fist in David Pilcher's name.  And now WP is basically a prison camp, only this time everyone knows who the jailers are.  Humanity's future never looked so bright.

And, of course, we get absolutely no answers to any questions raised in the first 5-6 episodes.  No answers at all. 

What a colossal waste of time.

• Love 24

So the WPA 1st Generation students somehow took control of the mountain complex and now rule with an iron fist in David Pilcher's name.  And now WP is basically a prison camp, only this time everyone knows who the jailers are.  Humanity's future never looked so bright.

They're even worse off than being Pilcher's lab rats.

And, of course, we get absolutely no answers to any questions raised in the first 5-6 episodes.  No answers at all.

What a colossal waste of time.

Sad but true, what a letdown.

• Love 5

I have joined just to respond here. That was one of the best endings to a tv show I've ever seen. And I'm a fan of the books, which has a twist but is completely different to the show (no spoilers if no-one knows obv). Seriously, you didn't like that ending?? It was great, looking back all the clues were set up at it makes sense but i still didn't see it coming. Generally thought the show was 50/50 bad/great, but I loved, LOVED the ending.

• Love 5
(edited)

The end with the Children of the Corn taking over made little sense, but that I enjoyed the action, mayhem, and death of the finale. I was glad that Pam killed David. He had it coming. 

Ben getting hit on the head with debris cracked me up. So Ethan is dead? No more Matt Dillon?

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
(edited)

The ending shows that young people don't learn from their elders and fuck things up even worse.

If the abbies are dead why are people still in Wayward Pines?

How did those kids even take over? And why would anyone listen to them? And why didn't they learn anything? And why don't they leave? And who's keeping the power on?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
(edited)
The end with the Children of the Corn taking over made little sense, but that I enjoyed the action, mayhem, and death of finale.

How did all those teens get all the way from the Sheriff's Office to WPA completely unscathed when there are hundreds possibly thousands of Abbies roaming the town.  And despite only about 20 of them making it into that secret room, they managed to kill off all the Abbies in WP with virtually zero losses -- AND -- breeched the mountain complex and takeover.  

Are they trying to say there were more weapons and supplies in WPA than there were in the mountain ?  And they defeated trained security and other adults.  I don't buy that for a second.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 13
(edited)

How did all those teens get all the way from the Sheriff's Office to WPA completely unscathed when there are hundreds possibly thousands of Abbies roaming the town.  And despite only about 20 of them making it into that secret room, they managed to kill off all the Abbies in WP with virtually zero losses -- AND -- breeched the mountain complex and takeover.  

Are they trying to say there were more weapons and supplies in WPA than there were in the mountain ?  And they defeated trained security and other adults.  I don't buy that for a second.

Exactly, it makes no sense.  If they had given some indication of how those kids could take over it wouldn't have been so annoying.  It would be a dark ending but it would make sense.

It's not like they ended one scene with Ben getting hit and then started the next with him waking up. If that happened I could see us not getting the story of how it all went down.  But we saw Kate and Pam talking and we saw other adults helping them. So, I don't get how the first generation pulled it off.

If it was a season finale and this was being continued, then it has more promise because we would get those answers next season.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 3
(edited)

I want those 10 hours of my life back. 12 hours. I want 12 hours. I want interest.

Exactly! It was such a waste of the audience's time, the cast's time ( though they got paid for doing it at least), but it plugged a hole for 10 weeks for Fox.

Seriously, you didn't like that ending??

Seriously. No, I did not like that ending. Depressing, dystopian Moebius strip "civilizations" haven't struck me as cool, edgy or narratively "fun" for a while. Mostly due to crappy product like the series that ended tonight.

Ben barely knows squat and is now behind his jailers not only in knowledge, but all structures. The First Generation also has no compunction about killing the last of humanity. The most Pilcher Youth guy is not even the new Sheriff Pope; Pope had humanity to him, though he was a murderous bastard at times. The adults in stasis are there until Jason decides they shouldn't. I am pretty sure. That isn't going to be allowed, the "letting" adults roam free.

There are some "Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss" endings that work with me. This is not one of them.  I will look forward to lots of the actors in new work, so there's that.

Shallow note: Pam, post-David? With her hair down? Luminous. She looked like a very tired Kay Ballard (Homicide: Life on the Streets, for those who didn't know.)

added:

The way they ended it they should at least renew it to a second season and show Bens fight or something like that

No. Could care less about Ben and his fight. I'm not interested in seeing this go forward.

that Pilcher had a surprise for us even after his dead.

It wasn't so much that Pilcher left a "surprise" because Ben and some of the adults knew about First Gen before they were (miraculously) put in stasis.  It was that Megan was a good hypnoteacher/ zealot and she had easily convertible minds to convert. I also believe that David never thought any part of his Eden would outlive him, so planning for his death never seemed to be a priority for him.  Not when he is happy to kill humans because they won't play cards the way he wants them to.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 10
(edited)

I've registered here just to comment on the finale (I've been checking the discussion here for a while though). I've enjoyed the entire series but the final, I mean, for me this is the best series since lost, I enjoyed every second of it, even of this episode, but that ending... seriously? I mean you first spend 40 minutes showing us Wayward Pines people fighting to take over the mountain and then you just skip the entire thing and wake up Ben 3 years latter and say the first genaration took over? And we had none to see of it? seriously? How did that even happen? Weren't they just like 20 students or so? I know Pilcher had a hidden stack for them but even then how would they pass through those abbies and defeat all the people that made it to the mountain? I'm pretty sure the mountain and the people inside it would be in a way better position than the students, they could have at least have shown us how it happened instead of leaving it for our imagination (yeah yeah, I get the shock thing and all that but still). The way they ended it they should at least renew it to a second season and show Bens fight or something like that (I know the book stories are over but the show had great potential for continuation).

Anyway now that I expressed my "anger" I must admit that I should have seen it coming I mean, Pilcher speech, the computer looking over at Pam, and even the episode name were pretty much telling us that Pilcher had a surprise for us even after his dead.

Edited by fortesgt
  • Love 3

It also would have been satisfying to see the abbies tearing up Pilcher and trashing the memento office.

But in general the ending was expectedly disappointing. After the big reveal about the town overall, the show took a nosedive, and the ending didn't save it.

• Love 8

I have joined just to respond here. That was one of the best endings to a tv show I've ever seen. And I'm a fan of the books, which has a twist but is completely different to the show (no spoilers if no-one knows obv). Seriously, you didn't like that ending?? It was great, looking back all the clues were set up at it makes sense but i still didn't see it coming. Generally thought the show was 50/50 bad/great, but I loved, LOVED the ending.

I don't know that there were clues all along--we only met this First Class last week. (Yet, I get the school brainwashing was since episode 3-ish.) That being said, I did enjoy the finale. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I even liked the twist ending with Ben stuck in Wayward Pines: Now Under More Psychotic Control. But I feel like they should have had one more episode in there showing what happened. We see Pam and Kate teaming up to rebuild Wayward Pines, then what the hell happened?! That could have been another book of material. I didn't read the books, but now I'm really curious that that's NOT how the book ended. Guess I can finally read the book comparison thread to find out!

• Love 2

That was awful. I prepared all week by lowering my expectations and despite that they still managed to disappoint. With the sole exception of Melissa Leo, everyone connected with this show needs to be exiled to the wilds of the real Idaho and never allowed to come within 50 miles of another television production.

• Love 10
(edited)

That ending. The bulk of the episode was thrilling. I gasped at Ethan's sacrifice and I cheered at Pam's heroic turn and Kate's fierceness.  But then.  Grrr. Colour me displeased.

I would like to know how a species as rabid and ravenous as the abbies could sustain itself, ecologically speaking.

Edited by DEM
  • Love 6
(edited)

I guess I can come up with ways the ending worked. I assume the adults in the mountain turned the fence back on and took care of clearing the town of remaining abbies. Maybe the Pilcher Youth pretended to be all for joining the new honest society and slowly staged a coup. It would all take way longer than three years though.

Why were those people at the end hung for trying to leave? They know the truth so why would they purposely go out to the Abbie world? And why were the Abbie's so dead set on chasing the Ethan group? They had hundreds of man meat on Main Street. But the show was never great about explaining whether the Abbie's were zombies or just predators. I also don't see how they all figured out the fence was no longer electrified. Along with a million other unanswered questions lol. Kate was fun and kind of badass so I did dig that.

Edited by racked
  • Love 7
(edited)

The only thing good I can say about this finale is that at least I won't have to see that irritating Toyota chick gasp about picnics or whatever several times every commercial break anymore.

Oh, I can also say that Melisa Leo rocks. I'd like to get Melissa Leo and Ashraf Barhom from Tyrant in the same show or movie. Maybe add Moran Atias too.

Oh hell, lets just find a role on Tyrant for M.L.

Oh, and whle we're doing show hopping guest stars, I want to see the Abbies on Zoo

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

No. Could care less about Ben and his fight. I'm not interested in seeing this go forward.

Exactly, why are we supposed to care about this bland character who until the finale blindly went along with everything and we're left with these 1st gen assholes as our remaining characters?  No thank you.

But in general the ending was expectedly disappointing. After the big reveal about the town overall, the show took a nosedive, and the ending didn't save it.

Agreed, after the twist, it went down and the ending was just awful, so we're left with these characters of all the people they left us with.  XD.

Edited by Free
  • Love 5

Exactly, why are we supposed to care about this bland character who until the finale blindly went along with everything and we're left with these 1st gen assholes as our remaining characters?  No thank you.

I guess in hindsight we know why we wasted, er spent, so much time with him and the girlfriend. I suppose I was meant to have an emotional ~connection with their struggle. Bzzt! Didn't work!

• Love 4

If WP is renewed, I will give the second season a chance. It is not like there is a lot on during the summer. I still find the premise intriguing although its execution is wonky as hell.

• Love 1

I guess in hindsight we know why we wasted, er spent, so much time with him and the girlfriend. I suppose I was meant to have an emotional ~connection with their struggle. Bzzt! Didn't work!

Exactly, the bland, cardboard characters that we were left with were by far the weakest ones.

• Love 2

As the Abbies start punching holes in the bottom of the elevator car (since when are the floors of elevators made of really cheap materials -- it should be solid steel ?)

That's what I was thinking. It looked like the floor of that elevator was made out of cardboard.

• Love 3

If WP is renewed, I will give the second season a chance. It is not like there is a lot on during the summer. I still find the premise intriguing although its execution is wonky as hell.

I haven't watched the episode yet because no TV -- my watching will be on Hulu tomorrow.  It is then that I will voice my opinion about the episode.

What I'm saying now is that those who may be worried about a renewal?  It's probably never going to happen.  The show's creator said in a post-finale interview that this show was never intended to be more than a one-and-done.  In other words, this is all we're likely ever to get.

• Love 1

Well, at least they wrapped it up, even if they left a door open for another season.  But this certainly isn't making me yearn for another season.  Basically, Group B prevails over Pilcher and Ethan sacrifices himself to take out the Abbies, but something is going to happen that allows all of the kids to reclaim Wayward Pines, after a certain time.  The adults are all in stasis, and the only one who isn't down with all this is Ben.  Yeah... not a selling point.  I have no interest in seeing the Journey of Ben.

Oh, and I'm guessing Megan gets killed by Abbies, which is lame.  At the very least, she should have gotten an epic death, after all the annoying shit she pulled.  And, preferably, at the hands of Theresa. 

I did love Pam being the one to kill Pilcher.  Melissa Leo was great in this episode... almost too great.  You an Oscar winner now, Melissa!  You can do better then this!

I also did like seeing Kate and Theresa bond and be on the same page.  Wish we got more of that.

So, yeah, I really don't have much else to say.  I'm not angry or anything, but I'm just kind of underwhelmed.  I really hope FOX wises up (ha!), and just leaves this as one and done.  If they keep this going, then it will probably become another Under the Dome, although probably even worse because I have a feeling this will end up being more boring, instead of being so bad, it becomes entertaining on some levels.

• Love 5

What I'm saying now is that those who may be worried about a renewal?  It's probably never going to happen.  The show's creator said in a post-finale interview that this show was never intended to be more than a one-and-done.  In other words, this is all we're likely ever to get.

In that case, I enjoyed the show for what it was. 

If they keep this going, then it will probably become another Under the Dome, although probably even worse because I have a feeling this will end up being more boring, instead of being so bad, it becomes entertaining on some levels.

IA, even on a possible hate watch level, it would still end up disappointing in the entertainment dept.

If they keep this going, then it will probably become another Under the Dome, although probably even worse because I have a feeling this will end up being more boring, instead of being so bad, it becomes entertaining on some levels.

IA, even on a possible hate watch level, it would still end up disappointing in the entertainment dept.

Especially with Ethan dead, and all the adults frozen, the focus will be on Ben.  And his powers of being super boring.

• Love 6

I thoroughly enjoyed this entire series, but the ending was kind of disappointing.  It makes sense, in that the human race just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

My beef with this episode was how the abbies went from mindless ex-human monsters to super-powered thinkers who can claw through solid steel and sabotage power generators in order to catch their prey.

I would love to see the Hitler Youth get the bloody fates they richly deserve, but I don't want to watch that idiot son as the star of the show for season 2.  Let's just leave this as a fun summer 10-part series and call it a day.

• Love 3
(edited)

I read it was not renewed.  And I would not be watching if it were.  That ending was supposed to be a twist but it was done in the most uninteresting way.  I don't believe for a minute that those pea brains were able to overtake the town. Good riddance to this show.  There was too much that didn't make sense. The writers need to go back to Writing Screenplays 101.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 9

I liked it.

They should have hung on the reveal of Ethan's effigy about three seconds longer, though, before a slow fade to black. That would have proved more satisfying than abruptly rolling the end credit crawl like they did.

• Love 1
(edited)

I read it was not renewed.  And I would not be watching if it were.  That ending was supposed to be a twist but it was done in the most uninteresting way.  I don't believe for a minute that those pea brains were able to overtake the town. Good riddance to this show.  There was too much that didn't make sense. The writers need to go back to Writing Screenplays 101.

I don't think I'd watch another season either, especially if Ben happened to lead the cast. I've had my fill of that kid for one season.Was that supposed to be your confused look at end there? Great.          But...

We're free... we're finally freeeee!  Goodbye WP. You had me for five eps which I enjoyed and was intrigued with... but after that....I didn't care too much.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 6

We're free... we're finally freeeee!  Goodbye WP. You had me for five eps which I enjoyed and was intrigued with... but after that....I didn't care too much.

I feel the same, it was kind of interesting when it was about a mysterious town, but everything else...

• Love 5

I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a second season just yet.

I am not surprised. In the end is all about the cha-ching! If FOX thinks that it can make money off WP and wants to give it another season, no matter what the showrunners, producers, and writers claim about the show being a mini-series (I am looking at you, Fargo), they will come up with an idea to run with. It is too much money for them to leave on the table. It explains why they set up the finale to end like they did. You can see Ben fighting to wake up his mother and the other adults. I would not even be surprised if Ethan had a magical escape and he returns.

Melissa Leo was great, and I enjoyed Ben getting hit in the head.  The rest is about what I expected for this show, including the ending which was as implausible as everything else about this premise.

• Love 6

If all elevators are so flimsy manimals can just punch through the floor, I'm never riding in one again.

When it got stuck (why?) with nothing but 500 ft of shaft going up and 500 ft straight down and no other landings or doors in sight, they still had good lighting and signs warning about high voltage. I was glad to see they followed all the relevant safety procedures while constructing it. Speaking of elevators, I always figured it was an elevator that got people back and forth between the bunker and the town.

• Love 2

I have to say that I disagree with all of the commenters who say the show was unsatisfying following the reveal! I looked forward to this show more than any other show on TV for the last 10 weeks. Yes, there were some flaws and things that weren't explained, but I don't care. The ride was great. I enjoyed it immensely. I thought everyone did a good job with their character, including Ben and Amy. The character of Ben was supposed to be annoying and he succeeded. Did you notice that at the end when he finally comes to his senses, he looks more mature and is suddenly no longer annoying?

So, if they do have a season two, I'm in. Why? Because that will allow them to have flashbacks to show us how the takeover happened. And, show how the whiny Ben carefully sets in motion a defrosting of the adults and a coup to reclaim WP for decent humanity. In the process, he'll shorten his hair, buff up and become a man, after his own father's mold. The freshly defrosted Theresa will be brought up to speed, lose her timidity and becomes the bad-ass former agent she planned to be. She, Kate, Pam and Ben together will beat the crap out of the Hitler teens.

Now that, I would watch.

• Love 5

They should've called this episode "Downtown Abbies."

Anyway, since we have no idea what happened to Pam, Kate and Theresa, I guess it makes it easy to create a second season, since only one of the regulars (Ben) seems to have survived. So they could basically cast an entirely new set of people (after all, there are apparently a large number of Human-sicles still in storage.) 

• Love 20
(edited)
I certainly didn't mean to imply that they deserved their fate

That was the beginning of a post I made from Ep. 9.  With respect, I would like to withdraw that sentiment.  That group of slack jawed mouthbreathers from Group B couldn't organize a two car funeral.  I loved it when Ethan yells out, "Get to the underground bunker on 1st and Main.  It's underneath an old shed in the vacant lot."  And everyone scatters in four directions. 

Ben:  High and inside, ball one!  Take your base.  Oh, by the way, kid, anyone who graduates nursing school in three years and four months should be just a bit suspect.

I see the Wayward Pinians have the same sort of fire control discipline as the Masons.  Point taken that they don't have the experience, but still...

Looks like another one of the senior realtors has resigned, too.

If Pilcher had any brains beyond his megalomania, he would have explained the situation to the citizens, and his motivations, and set them to enlarging the fence and colonizing more territory.  Give the citizenry motivation to survive and thrive, and they might just surprise you.  That is, unless your idea of civilization is a group of toy soldiers and townspeople on your own little chessboard.

And, finally:  Terry Gilliam did that ending so much better in Brazil.  I think it was Gilliam, anyway.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 6