Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: Episode 10

• Start Topic

(edited)

Austin, that was a poor reason to throw that competition.  I'm okay with John being safe and all, but Vanessa had your number.

So Gronk's Takeover was throwing parties?  Not exactly something that's gonna make people scramble, Julie.  Though I tittered at Meg kissing Jason at the New Year's Eve party.  And it was just as funny to see the houseguests finally get tired of them eventually.

Julia's getting annoyed at having to play Liz now.  I hope they can keep up their cover.

Vanessa leaves Audrey off the block due to fears of public perception of nominating and evicting the show's first transgender houseguest.  Okay.  I still like her, but . . . she could've had a better reason than that

After Jeff stayed below the radar the first two weeks, he's up on the block now after being called out and losing it in a fight.  He very well could go tomorrow.  He shouldn't have taken Austin's bait.  But we'll see if he does.

Jason's good at this.  He read Austin like a book and figured out that Jeff was the target all along.  So why can't he apply that to winning over new allies?

Edited by Stinger97
Edited feed talk.
  • Love 2

Vanessa and Austin - just because the sorority sisters and football player invite you to their cafeteria table, doesn't mean that they'll be your friends when they're done copying your homework. Total tools.

Gawd I hope the non-"beautiful people"  wise up and team together. This could get very boring when it's just the Plastics left.  John and Jason make this show bearable.

Still don't understand why they want James out. Seems clueless and nonoffensive.

• Love 7

Allison Grodner's favoritism is always one of the most blatantly obvious realities of BIG BROTHER...after what a month now its all crystal clear who they are...Audrey was a given (she's going to skate her way to jury and maybe even the end) but the emergence of Johnny Mac as producer's favorite can't be missed. Why do 90% of the Diary Room confessionals have to feature Johnny Mac playing his character. God forbid we get any sort of idea what Steve or Becky are thinking. Not only do they not get confessionals....they can't even get air time other the players in a crowd scene...whilie Johnny Mac and Austin are trowled onto the viewers.

Austin and Vanessa are a pair of creeps...what they did to Jeff was just so underhanded and repulsive to watch. I LOVED when Jason called out Austin had lying eyes...to bad Six Sense Stooge Clay had to be right there. Oh, and Shelli is a bad actor...her "Jeff what the hell?" sounded so lame and scripted.

Not being a feed watcher I could be wrong...the the general problem here is you've got the Six Sense scumbags as a power faction but the rest of the house don't really appear to be an alliance...a loose affiliation at best. I hope a non SS person wins HOH Thursday and they start building some coalition.

And enough with people throwing competitions. It's not cheating of course but some how it violates the spirit of the game if people aren't really trying to win things..

• Love 3

Johnny Mac's DR sessions have been the best part of the season so far. The quick cut of Jason dancing in the DR and doing the "Gronk" chant was awesome, just enough to make me laugh and not annoy me.

That dice rolling comp doesn't look like fun. I didn't particularly enjoy it last season, either. 

Gronk's parties were a complete bust. Not surprised.

• Love 6

Please remember, folks, that episode threads should mostly avoid live feed discussion. That means if you're starting off a sentence with, "Non-feed watchers would be surprised by...", you're talking spoilers and it belongs either (1) behind spoiler tags; or (2) in the live feed discussion thread. Thanks.

The stupidest part of this whole thing was why the hell did Vanessa let on to her plans to NOT backdoor Audrey to the two people that shouldn't have know that info?? The hell?

And how she came around to getting Jeff "put on blast" was ham-fisted at best.

Funny Dual HOH's and once again we have the "I want the least blood on my hands" syndrome re-occuring. The sooner they stop that crap the better, maybe before it ruins another season.

• Love 2

Maybe they need to provide cash bonuses to those who are willing to "get blood on their hands," or not vote with the "house," like it's rumored the shit-stirring Bravo housewives get bonuses. That will be the only way this boring BS will stop. Dual HOH and BotB could be interesting and dramatic, if the two HOHs are genuinely at odds and there are actual stakes.

That said, I'll be happy, for once, no matter which of the two losers goes.

John certainly is a translucent little gelfling, isn't he.

• Love 2

Love Johnny Mac, his drs are awesome.

He reminds me of Bobcat Goldthwait in the 1980s, with a little Joel McHale thrown in. He and Jason are my favorites. I would love it if they started working together, but John seems to be more of a go-along-to-get-along guy. (But so was Donny at first, last year). Who knows, he might surprise me.

• Love 6

Johnny Mac really crack me up in the DR. I actually laugh out loud. I've never done that before. I wished Jeff had turned to Clay or Austin and said something like, "I only told you two" when he was getting berated. At least, say something even if it's not true. So, Jeff goes home in an easy vote. The next HOH is major and will shape the game for the season. If the Sixth Sense wins with two HOH they are going to the Final 6. If two from the other side win there could be a big shakeup. If one from each side wins I have no,idea how it will play out. It should make it hard for the Sixth Sense to discuss their plans without the use of the HOH room. It should be fun!

I don't know what it is about John. I HATE it when people yell at me in the DR. His voice, even when he's not shouting, is annoying. He doesn't seem to have a good grip of what is going on. But I love him. He's my absolute favorite, even though I don't really know why. If it's simply because Grodner is supposedly shoving him down my throat, so be it. She's finally managed to manipulate me. Although I honestly just think he's just DR gold in his own right.

The less said about Gronk and his stupid parties, the better.

My favorite part of this episode was Liz admonishing Julie to keep her tooth hidden, because everyone wanted to see her tooth. It's things like this which makes me this show's bitch. Because how ludicrous is that??

• Love 7

Am I usually this bored by episode 10?  It seems like I normally would love and hate some people by now, but I feel nothing. Mostly I just wish the guy with all the tattoos would put on a shirt.

• Love 2
(edited)

Man, as much as Day bugged me, she was completely right. People are going to dodge  Aubrey either because they are scared of how it would look to get her out or because of her story. Fuck outta here with that bullshit. Anyone who came as garbage as she did blowing up alliances and screwing up deserves to go home. It's not even like she's playing a good game now. She's just being protected. She's a person just like everyone else. She can also go just like anyone else.

How the hell did Johnny Mac become my MVP. I hope him and James go all the way.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3

Am I usually this bored by episode 10? 

I almost forgot about tonight's episode, tbh, and overall interest has wained compared to last year.  I remember live discussion posts were a killer to keep up with, now I can go days without and only miss about 3 pages worth of info.  I like this group better than last year's but I'm nowhere near as invested, it's strange.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Austin and Vanessa are a pair of creeps...what they did to Jeff was just so underhanded and repulsive to watch. 

Jeff's a bully and a clod; it was a delight for me to watch his bluster blow up in his face.  Here's a tip, Jeffy…when there's a vacant seat waiting for a renomination to fill it, maybe you shouldn't be talking about how you need to get the HoH's apparent ally evicted?  Especially when he's the same guy you earlier told that you wanted to evict the HoH's seeming BFF from last week.  (It's not as though Shelli and Vanessa have kept their friendship particularly hidden.)  In the words of Danielle Reyes, "ears open, mouth shut".  He's zip for two on that score, and it will be a pleasure if he goes.

Dual HOH and BotB could be interesting and dramatic, if the two HOHs are genuinely at odds and there are actual stakes.

There's no particular reason for Vanessa and Austin to be "at odds"; they've been friends ever since Vanessa used the save on Austin early in Week 1. And why the hell shouldn't Austin and Vanessa be trying to get out the power players who kicked their friend Jace (hey, nobody said they had taste) to the curb a mere two weeks ago?  Jeff's being backdoored as Jace was is the poetic icing on the cake.

That said, we got to see how even two HoHs working in concert towards a reasonably similar goal can have friction.  A vast improvement from last season where the dethroned HoH simply went off and twiddled their thumbs for the rest of the week.

Vanessa leaves Audrey off the block due to fears of public perception of nominating and evicting the show's first transgender houseguest.  Okay.  I still like her, but . . . she could've had a better reason than that

Jason's good at this.  He read Austin like a book and figured out that Jeff was the target all along.  So why can't he apply that to winning over new allies?

Vanessa's concerns about nominating Audrey, while real on one level (and I could see why Vanessa, a lesbian, would feel uncomfortable trying to evict a trans woman, especially when Audrey's presence represents a breakthrough…remember, Vanessa doesn't even know about the Supreme Court marriage equality decision), were just a smokescreen in her talk with Jeff; she was trying to find an excuse to get rid of James, not a reason to keep Audrey.  Of course, Jeff couldn't catch on to that, even when he went outside to kvetch to his smoking buddy, Jason.  He thought Audrey was "controlling" Vanessa, when Audrey is so isolated that she's the only person in the house who hasn't at least heard that Liz is suspected of being twins.  (I think; it's possible Becky is still out of the loop, too.)

And Jason is only half-good at this game, IMO.  He never spotted the twins until Da'Vonne told him, and here he catches on that Austin's lying about being "shocked" that Vanessa might not backdoor Audrey, but only thinks this means Austin is in on Vanessa's plan to cut James.  He doesn't consider that Austin might have a different target in mind (the meat hunk standing to Jason's right) or that the meat hunk sitting to his left might also be in on the plan, just better at hiding it than Austin is.

And as you note, Jason sucks at going outside of his little group to recruit new allies.  (Appropriate that they replayed his snub of Steve from last ep at the start of this one.)  He's only comfortable at his version of "the cool kids' table", with his little buddies hanging around while he puffs on his cigs and drips venom.  Reach out to "the other side"?  Oh Mylanta™, why would he do that?

I don't know what it is about John. I HATE it when people yell at me in the DR. His voice, even when he's not shouting, is annoying. He doesn't seem to have a good grip of what is going on. But I love him. He's my absolute favorite, even though I don't really know why. If it's simply because Grodner is supposedly shoving him down my throat, so be it. She's finally managed to manipulate me. Although I honestly just think he's just DR gold in his own right.

The less said about Gronk and his stupid parties, the better.

My favorite part of this episode was Liz admonishing Julie to keep her tooth hidden, because everyone wanted to see her tooth. It's things like this which makes me this show's bitch. Because how ludicrous is that??

I don't think John is a Producer Puppy, I think he's found gold, and Grodner's just getting on the train.  (Much as she did with Derrick last year, when it was clear "America" liked him better than her Frankie/Caleb/Devin choices.) And the twins are just so much fun; I love Julia pouting at Liz telling her to be more "bubbly" and asking her sister (whom she's already kind of pissed at for being noticeably heavier) if she's playing a "dumb blonde".

In fact, I'm enjoying the heck out of this season.  (I watched last ep three times and may do a fourth; this one will definitely get some rewatching, as well.)  I know it's too early to be sure (S15, while vile from the jump, had some good game play early on; I would have rated it higher in Week 3 than I ultimately did), but I'm really thinking this year can redeem the horror of two years ago, and the ultimate boredom of last season.  As I've written, I have a tendency to like only every other season; my love for S9 and finding S10 skippable once Jessie left are probably unpopular opinions, but for a while there I was pretty solid with "Odd-numbered seasons good, even-numbered seasons bad".  So when I was pleasantly surprised to, on the whole, enjoy S14 (even with Ian, an actual Producer Puppy, getting the win) after thrilling to Rachel's triumph in S13, I did wonder what that foretold…and it foretold two really bad seasons in S15-16, to my mind.  So now I'm hoping that I've paid off that karmic debt, and we can have an enjoyable season once again.  Jeff leaving before Jury would be a huge step in that direction, IMO.  Fingers crossed…

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 4

Well, I had high hopes for Austin, but dude just sucks at this game. First of all, he is a horrible liar! Of course Jeff doesn't notice, because he's an imbecile. But even if I didn't know Austin was lying I would know he is lying. That moment Jason caught him, I saw it in his eyes, before Austin walked away. And it was so obvious. Yea, he just sucks at it. 

Also, who decides to throw a comp at the last minute when they're working with the HOH? Another move that was incredibly transparent. Honestly, if I were Vanessa, I'd be tempted to put HIM up as replacement for Johnny Mac. 

Johnny Mac, still loving him! Who knew? Some spacial awareness test he had to master for dental school helped him out in this challenge! This dude's profession keeps being an asset in the most random of ways and I'm loving it. Also, his awkward hoodie moment in the shower was cracking me up. 

If Jeff says "dude" one more time.....he can go home for that alone. 

So this may be totally odd, but James is starting to remind me of June Shannon (aka Honey Boo Boo's mom) in his DRs. Something about his monotone speech and the way he blinks at the camera. I don't know, but it's bugging me.

• Love 1
Vanessa leaves Audrey off the block due to fears of public perception of nominating and evicting the show's first transgender houseguest.  Okay.  I still like her, but . . . she could've had a better reason than that.

I don't think that was her real reason. I think she wants to keep Audrey, frankly, because she doesn't think she's a big threat. Audrey ticked everyone off early and is pretty much hanging by a thread. I think Vanessa sees her as someone safe to keep around that she could easily evict at any time, and views now as a time to eliminate a bigger threat. (The problem with that, of course, is that sometimes you leave these people around too long!) I think she just said all that about Audrey's orientation to throw people off. 

He and Jason are my favorites. I would love it if they started working together, but John seems to be more of a go-along-to-get-along guy. (But so was Donny at first, last year). Who knows, he might surprise me.

I like Jason as well. He CAN be a bit OTT sometimes, but I don't feel like he's "on" all the time, like Frankie. And he often makes me laugh. Also, he's smart. I think it might be good for John "go along", like you said, for a bit. But when the opportunity is right, it might be smart for him to work with Jason. I'd like to see that as well. 

For the first two weeks, every time the producers showed John he was either brushing his teeth or flossing. In this episode, every time they showed James he was eating. Are they trying to tell us something? Has he been gaining weight?

A word to the wise for HG's: If you want someone out, win the HOH. I love when they think the HOH is communal trying to have the HOH bend to the house's demands. Jeff, your a threat and Audrey is just annoying. Beside anyone who smokes and blows smoke in people's faces deserves to go home. Kill yourself but don't take anyone with you.

• Love 4

I'm not sure why they thought this dual HoH and Battle of the Block would add more drama, because as was proven last year, it doesn't. And it's playing out exactly the same way this year. The HoHs work together and put up multiple pawns in order to get one particular person out. And then that person is up on the block and the house votes unanimously (or very nearly so) to evict them. There hasn't been any drama to an eviction in AGES.

I also don't understand why these people feel threatened sometimes. Why does Vanessa think James is such a huge threat? He's an idiot that just sits around. She thinks he could win a competition? Whatever gave her that idea? And she still thought that after he blew that foam party challenge so spectacularly? I honestly don't know what these people are thinking. I also don't see that Jeff is much of a threat. He's also kind of an idiot. And not that good at the challenges, either.

I'm really hoping for a shift in power because right now you've got one group who's controlling the house (not using their stupid alliance nickname) and… the others. They're not even a loosely-formed alliance or anything. They're just hanging out in the house. Which is why I don't understand why people like Jeff, James, Meg, etc, would be considered threats. They're barely even playing the game!

And yes, Vanessa's excuse about not wanting to put up Audrey was clearly a smokescreen for her real plan, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's on the minds of more than a few of the houseguests. Day may not have been too far wrong when she claimed that Audrey would get far because no one wants to be the one to boot her out of the house. I look forward to the day when we can finally have the equality that will let BB houseguests evict transgender women with the same freedom with which they happily evict the black women.

Oh, and the only reason Vanessa's whole performance with Austin to turn the house against Jeff worked was because Jeff is a complete idiot. Again, why is he a threat?

Sigh… these people...

• Love 4

I'm guessing that maybe on Thursday, half of the HGs won't be trying to throw the HoH competition this time.  Hoping for Jason so he can really bring the drama.

I suppose I can understand Vanessa's reluctance to nominate Audrey, given her own situation.  We'll see if the next HoH can do it, or it Audrey will truly skate to jury.

I wouldn't have thought about spatial awareness for dental school, but it makes sense when you think about it.  Good for JM.  And yeah, Austin, you didn't make a good show to throw the comp.  I agree that while both James and Jeff can be a threat in a physical comp, I don't think either are very mental.  Maybe Jeff a bit better at it, and with his ties to Jackie, he could be a bigger threat.  Just like Survivor, sometimes you gotta break up the pairs.  The next HoH, if its not 6thSense, needs to take out either Clay or Shelli.

I wonder if it was thought that with so many parties, eventually some of the HGs would just bail on them, even if it meant having to become a HN.  I guess food and a bed will make you do pretty much anything.

I don't know who "Gronk" is, but if his parties are anything close to being how the hot, hip young people of today behave, I don't think I'm missing anything by sitting around my house watching Big Brother instead.

• Love 7
(edited)

I get why Jeff is a threat. He has spread himself too thin, and like Audrey plants seeds of doubt. He tells one person he's working with them and then he's in another room 5 minutes later telling someone else he can't stand that person and wants them out. It's also smart to get out an already built in alliance. Jackie and Jeff shouldn't of made it 3 weeks in with both of them still in the house.

The fight Vanessa had staged was ridiculous. All you say is your going up. I'm the HOH tough!

I love John and his DRs. He is just too adorable.

It'll be interesting to see who wins HOH this week. I'm assuming since they seem to be following the same pattern as last year that it will be a Duo comp, kinda like the egg one from last year that Frankie & Cody won.

I usually hate the "bigger" alliances but I actually like The Sixth Sense.

I also think that Vanessa was just using the excuse that she cannot put up Audrey cuz she's transgender. She clearly wasn't putting her up from the start of the week. Both her and Austin had Jeff, James and Jason as their targets this week. Audrey wasn't even on their radar.

Edited by SiobhanJW

Political correctness has ruined this show.  The fear that some of the house guests have of an audience backlash when they leave this show is real and understandable.

I can't blame them after S15's Aaryn got thrown under the bus and lost her job for the sake of a marketing campaign (is there bigotry in the BB house? tune in and find out) after making three comments that sound bad to anyone who's never seen the clips.

I get why Jeff is a threat. He has spread himself too thin, and like Audrey plants seeds of doubt. He tells one person he's working with them and then he's in another room 5 minutes later telling someone else he can't stand that person and wants them out. It's also smart to get out an already built in alliance. Jackie and Jeff shouldn't of made it 3 weeks in with both of them still in the house.

See, I just take that as Jeff not understanding how to play the game since he was just recruited from The Amazing Race.

He doesn't seem to be scheming or trying to play one side against the other or… well, anything, really. He's just bumbling around (same as James) being stupid and annoying people.

Honestly, I thought if Vanessa wanted to be REALLY smart, she would have put up Clay against James with the argument being that no one in their alliance was going to choose to vote out Clay over James, but then actually stir up the house to evict Clay to break up the Clay/Shelli power couple alliance. Then Vanessa could throw up her hands and be all "Oh my GOD! That is NOT what I wanted to happen! Oops!"

• Love 3
(edited)

So they go back to the ever boring dice competition, can't Grodner come up with something different?

It would probably be a bit tough to come up with 30 or so new comps per season; I'm just glad when we get ones that haven't been used over and over.  So far this year we've had:

Catch balls while balancing on planks (HOH 1a):  2nd use (Elissa won in BB15)

Endurance while being pulled by a winch (HOH 1b):  new to this show, used in BBCan2 (Rachelle's win) and the angle of the winch was different there.

Transporting stuff while balancing (BotB1):  reminiscent of some past comps (hamster block veto, BB9; Ragan's puzzle-veto win, BB12), but 1st time as a team comp.

Hunting and spelling (Veto 1):  Pretty much a perennial now, every year since BB 11 (except 14)

Sprinting and puzzle-making (HoH 2):  usually, puzzles are a tandem comp (BB9, BB13), and this was faster than any of those.  Reasonably fresh.

Focus the camera (BotB2):  Brand new, as far as I could tell.

What's missing? (Veto 2):  Brand new, as far as I could tell.

Crapshoot with a flipper (HoH 3);  used in BB11 (cans were arranged in a honeycomb, not a triangle), but not before or since that I remember.  Although crapshoots in general are fairly regular, albeit not every season.  (None in 12 or 15, that I recall.)

Matching clothes in the foam (BotB 3): Somewhat of a steal from The Amazing Race's well-worn "find the matching dancer" task, but they never did it in foam, AFAIK.  And new to this show, at least.

Tumbling Dice (Veto 3):  back from last season, but only the second time ever used.  I'm disappointed they went back to the well so quickly, but it's not the goddam "stay or fold"/"counting" Veto, so at least I've avoided that crap for another week.

All in all, fairly fresh with the comps so far, IMO.

Why does Julia have to pretend to be Liz?  The entire house knows they are twins.  

As far as we know, only The Sixth Sense members know this.  Da'Vonne and Jason were/are emphatic about it, but she was desperate to stay and he was her closest ally.  They could have just been making stuff up.  It's not as though there aren't always random conspiracy theories running around the house.  Last episode we saw Jackie proclaiming she thought the idea was silly and she was just playing along to amuse herself, John attempting to gather evidence, and Jeff confused as to whether John's theory meant that he thought there was one Liz or two.  That's different from knowledge.  (And Audrey [and perhaps Becky] are out of both loops, so there's still merit in holding on to the secret around them, anyhow.)

The fight Vanessa had staged was ridiculous. All you say is your going up. I'm the HOH tough!

I usually hate the "bigger" alliances but I actually like The Sixth Sense.

Given that Vanessa had let the house think that she was backdooring Audrey, if she just randomly swerved and backdoored Jeff, it would make her look "shady" to the rest of the house and make her a target.  Her alliance is still only 5/14 of the HGs, after all; no point in completely drawing a line in the sand.  By making it public knowledge that Jeff was pitting Austin against Clay/Shelli, and telling different stories to different people, she defuses most people's anger at a (possible) Jeff eviction.  Seems wiser than "Bring it on", IMO.

And yeah, "Sixth Sense" is still punching against the numbers.  (By contrast, it was 9 targeting 3 or 4 back in week 1, with Austin/Liz seemingly in danger of following Jace out the door, until the half of "the house" that Da'Vonne invited to her meeting started imploding.)  The fact that Jason/James/Jeff haven't caught on that Clay/Shelli are now part of the "other side" and act self-righteous that Vanessa isn't turning over her HoH to "the majority" to evict Audrey will keep me backing Vanessa/Austin/Liz (and Julia) against those bozos for a while, even if it means that I'm sort of supporting Clay/Shelli for the moment, as well. JMO.

I can't blame them after S15's Aaryn got thrown under the bus and lost her job for the sake of a marketing campaign (is there bigotry in the BB house? tune in and find out) after making three comments that sound bad to anyone who's never seen the clips.

Um, wow.  It was a LOT more than "three" comments.  (I think she called Candice "Aunt Jemima" more times than that alone.)  And it was a lot more than Aaryn who should be grateful that phrases like "smell up the sheets", "greasy, nappy hair", "Puerto Rican showers", "meat wallet", "n*gg*r-rig the pool table" and "Chong-faces" never made the CBS show.

ETA: and of course, my "favorite" from that season, the Amanda/Spencer/Judd/Andy/McCrae week one conversation about how nominee Jessie would be so pathetically grateful not to be evicted, she'd let them beat her up/throw her against a wall/knock out her teeth/rape her, which Amanda took to murder and necrophiliac rape ("the body relaxes after death, so we could do anal"), but that was clearly a step too far for the others, so Spencer brought it back down to just plain rape ("tears and blood make the best lube") with nothing more than a silent "you guyyyyys" dissent from McCrae burying his face in a pillow in response.  

Five of your top seven right there, people!  Yeah, CBS really made it soooo hard on the BB15 cast, sure.

(More yuks from Spencer include his proposed Neo-Nazi speeches if he got the chance to nominate Jewish Amanda ["I've got a shower ready for you" and "Not even Oskar Schindler can save you now, bitch!"] and let's never forget the hilarity of his pretending to be McCrae confessing to owning kiddie porn.  Sure, maybe he couldn't keep up with Andy when it came to making scatological comments about Elissa and insulting the parentage of her son, but the man tried, darn it!)

EATA:  And to be technically precise, Aaryn lost her modeling contract [for a very minor agency] and GM lost her pageant coordinator job before CBS ever aired any of the comments; it was the groundswell of opinion against their behavior on the feeds that led to those decisions, not any "marketing campaign".

Edited by DAngelus
  • Love 12
I can't blame them after S15's Aaryn got thrown under the bus and lost her job for the sake of a marketing campaign

Oh, I'm sure there's people who'd hire Aaryn.  I think one is running for president even.

• Love 5

Matching clothes in the foam (BotB 3): Somewhat of a steal from The Amazing Race's well-worn "find the matching dancer" task, but they never did it in foam, AFAIK.  And new to this show, at least.

TAR Season 5, Episode 2: match a feather to a dancer in a Montevideo Uruguay foam disco.

Wait, that's wrong, and I can't figure out how to edit my post. The foam disco they popped rubber balls for the clue. The feathers were Season 3 Episode 2. Also a club, but not a foam one, I think.

Why does Vanessa think James is such a huge threat? He's an idiot that just sits around. She thinks he could win a competition? Whatever gave her that idea?

Er - winning the first HoH competition, maybe...? :)

• Love 2

TAR Season 5, Episode 2: match a feather to a dancer in a Montevideo Uruguay foam disco.

Wait, that's wrong, and I can't figure out how to edit my post. The foam disco they popped rubber balls for the clue. The feathers were Season 3 Episode 2. Also a club, but not a foam one, I think.

You can edit your post by clicking the "pencil" icon next to the quote marks.  (And on the TAR OT, I'd forgotten about the TAR 3 feathers; I thought the first "find the matching dancer" was the Masked Ball in Venice [TAR 4.02].  Thanks.)

Er - winning the first HoH competition, maybe...? :)

Oh that's right. He just barely got that because he fell off a half-second after… um, I forget who the other one was. Wow. That was only three weeks ago and I guess I've already blocked it from my memory! 

Still, that seems more luck than anything else, now that we've seen him in the house for a while. At this point, Jason is a mental threat as far as scheming and recognizing people's lies, and John is CLEARLY the competition threat. 

Personally, I'm rooting for John to take the whole thing, screaming all the way to the bank. ;D

• Love 1
(edited)

As of last nights episode, I no longer like Vanessa and I hope she doesn't win this game. She plays dirty. Austin is not a very good liar. His feigning surprise when Jeff said he thought Liz was a twin was such a bad effort and as well as his continued lying to Jeff was such bad acting.No wonder Jason called them out. 

Why is everyone's main concern to not get "blood on their hands"? Vanessa is so afraid of becoming a target. Well guess what...you are going to be a target to whomever survives this week that was friends of the houseguest you evict. Just own it!

All Hail Johnny Mac Veto King! May your reign last until you are dubbed Big brother winner!

Did anyone catch Liz tell Julia, "Ugh! You still have your coldsore!"? LOL!

Edited by aurora296

Austin, that was a poor reason to throw that competition.  I'm okay with John being safe and all, but Vanessa had your number.

So Gronk's Takeover was throwing parties?  Not exactly something that's gonna make people scramble, Julie.  Though I tittered at Meg kissing Jason at the New Year's Eve party.  And it was just as funny to see the houseguests finally get tired of them eventually.

Julia's getting annoyed at having to play Liz now.  I hope they can keep up their cover.

After Jeff stayed below the radar the first two weeks, he's up on the block now after being called out and losing it in a fight.  He very well could go tomorrow.  He shouldn't have taken Austin's bait.  But we'll see if he does.

Please. The only reason Vanessa didn't want to nominate Audrey is because production told her not to. You could see her saying what they told her to say. There was no feeling in her words. It's as if she knows this will come back to bite her.

Please. The only reason Vanessa didn't want to nominate Audrey is because production told her not to. You could see her saying what they told her to say. There was no feeling in her words. It's as if she knows this will come back to bite her.

I think it was more than that. There's nothing wrong with keeping a bigger target in the house that you can hide behind. Audrey's a big target, everyone wants her out. Keep her around for another week and hope that people gun for her instead of you. The only problem with that is that other people jump on the "bigger target" bandwagon and she starts sliding through every week. You have to play it carefully, though, and I don't think Vanessa did. Not putting Audrey up will probably bite her in the ass in the coming week(s).

I almost felt sorry for Jeff. Almost. He just looked so lost and obviously had no idea what was going on. Clearly this guy isn't the brightest bulb in the box, so regardless of what I think of him personally I didn't really get much pleasure watching Vanessa and Austin sandbag him.

As for Vanessa and Austin, it seems to me that Vanessa was pissed because she wanted Austin to do her dirty work for her. Which is hypocritical - she insisted she be the one to remain HoH and then she doesn't want to "get blood on her hands." Well, Vanessa, with power comes responsibility. Obviously she didn't want to show her hand by not using the veto, but just as obviously, she expected Austin to show his hand by not using the veto. So even though she's HoH she expects Austin to do her work for her. I would have preferred that instead of feigning denial he'd just straight up told her, bitch, it's your HoH, you do your own dirty work.

Why does Vanessa think James is such a huge threat? He's an idiot that just sits around. She thinks he could win a competition?

What's more is when she was discussing who should go between James and Jeff she said they were both so smart they could win intellectual competitions. See - I want to like Vanessa, but when she says things like that she makes me question her intelligence, or at least her perceptions.

• Love 2
Why is everyone's main concern to not get "blood on their hands"? Vanessa is so afraid of becoming a target. Well guess what...you are going to be a target to whomever survives this week that was friends of the houseguest you evict. Just own it!

In truth, I don't think Vanessa really cares - but she doesn't have any compunction about using it to guilt her allies/quasi-allies into promotion of Vanessa's agenda.

Vanessa and Austin were both on the same page directly after the HOH comp though, before they had any sessions in the DR. Maybe the DR told them before the comp not to put up Audrey but it's not like they were considering it and they changed their minds. James and Jeff was the plan from the beginning.

• Love 1

I can't read people for shit, and even I can tell when Austin isn't being honest.

Yeah his "lying" responses/faces are sooo easy to see through. The best was the twin "reveal" between him and Jeff. He's all WhhhaAA!?!?!? with wide eyes and dropped opened mouth... terrible. So terrible it's even easy to find said look via google:

2504-image-7839.png

And this is a man that spends his professional career 'faking' a scripted match outcome with fake moves that can truly f someone upif done 'wrong' so he should know how to roll with a punch physically and mentally better than he does!

• Love 2
(edited)

What I didn't understand was how the show edited 

the Austin/Vanessa v. Jeff fight in the bathroom. I watch the feeds and he had been spreading that Vanessa approached him for an alliance which was actually the other way around. And then when she confronted him in the bathroom about right after Austin spoke to him he denied it and said she approached him. Which got her PISSED.

They didn't even show that on the show, what I got from the editing was that she was mad at him because he screwed Austin. Lol

Edited by Stinger97
Edited live feed talk.

I'm feeling a little like Mommie Dearest here, except instead of wire hangers, it's "NO MORE LIVE FEED TALK (in episode threads)!!" But seriously, everyone, please keep any and all live feed discussion either in its appropriate thread or behind spoiler tags when in episode threads. If you start talking about editing and how a scene was different on the live feed, it's a spoiler and doesn't belong in the discussion of the broadcast show. Please and thank you!

• Love 1

EATA:  And to be technically precise, Aaryn lost her modeling contract [for a very minor agency] and GM lost her pageant coordinator job before CBS ever aired any of the comments; it was the groundswell of opinion against their behavior on the feeds that led to those decisions, not any "marketing campaign".

It was the marketing campaign that got people to check out what was going on.

And yeah, Austin, you didn't make a good show to throw the comp.

He should have played it as getting tired from the jumping he was doing on the prior rounds.