Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The women focus on family in the wake of Vicki's mother's passing. Vicki travels to Chicago to mourn as Tamra takes a trip to celebrate her granddaughter's birth. Meanwhile, Shannon works on her marriage, and Meghan sets out to create a lasting memory for her stepdaughter.

I have been trying to reserve judgement on Meghan. Since she will apparently get under Vicki's skin, I wanted to like her. The scene on the beach with her stepdaughter was just beyond horrific for me. I could almost see the young girl pleading to not remind her of what was to come. To just have a nice day on the beach where she could forget her mother is dying. Honestly, I have a bigger problem with Bravo airing that then I so the stuff with Vicki and her mom. This is a child who cannot consent to having her grief made into a storyline.

And Vicki is ridiculous. Yes, she is beyond sad. I get that. I've lost a parent and it was horrible. The way she reacted when Tamra came in was nuts IMO. I believe her grief, but I also believe she is playing it up for the cameras. Big time. I will pack a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey and my favorite cigar to put in my basket going straight to hell for thinking that, but I do.

• Love 18

I feel sorry for Vicki's siblings having to deal with her histrionics while dealing with their own grief. You know Vicki's loss was greater than their own. Even though Vicki lectured Gretchen on preparing for Jeff's death. Vicki sells insurance. Vicki is not 10. Parents usually die before the children. My parents both died. It's horrible. I get that. I know Vicki's mother died suddenly. Even at 83 it was a shock. But, but by the time Tamara visited Vicki, the drama should have been under control.

• Love 12

I have been trying to reserve judgement on Meghan. Since she will apparently get under Vicki's skin, I wanted to like her. The scene on the beach with her stepdaughter was just beyond horrific for me. I could almost see the young girl pleading to not remind her of what was to come. To just have a nice day on the beach where she could forget her mother is dying. Honestly, I have a bigger problem with Bravo airing that then I so the stuff with Vicki and her mom. This is a child who cannot consent to having her grief made into a storyline.

And Vicki is ridiculous. Yes, she is beyond sad. I get that. I've lost a parent and it was horrible. The way she reacted when Tamra came in was nuts IMO. I believe her grief, but I also believe she is playing it up for the cameras. Big time. I will pack a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey and my favorite cigar to put in my basket going straight to hell for thinking that, but I do.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wasn't on the Meghan hate train until tonight's First Look. She actively exploited her teenage stepdaughter's situation for her own selfish purposes - first to show off being a young and cool stepmom, and then to bring her into the Vicki losing her mom storyline. Disgusting. #badstepmom

As for Vicki, I don't think I could be around her drama queen antics for more than 30 seconds without first rolling my eyes, and then getting the hell away from her. The scary thing is - I think her days-later histrionics is both her drama queen realness AND playing up to the cameras. But to me, the interesting thing about that scene involved Brooks. Apparently Vicki's whole family doesn't like or approve of him, so much so that he's not going to the funeral. So it's not just Brianna. Interesting.

• Love 12
(edited)

I too was trying to give Meghan the benefit of the doubt.  No, just no.  Her stepdaughter looked so uncomfortable during Meghan's little speech.  First, pushing the we're more like friends BS was really uncomfortable.  Second, tagging on the impending death of the girl's mother while explaining how upset Vicki was is just unconscionable.  Vicki may be okay with her grief as a story line.  We have no reason to believe that this girl is.  In the brief clips we've seen of her stepdaughter, this 17 year old comes off as more mature than Meghan.  Can we just put her back under whatever rock they pulled her out from under?  If Jim's ex-wife dies, this girl will need a parent more than an inconsiderate, immature, camera-seeking "friend".  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 13

Vicki being filmed as she gets ready for her mother's funeral?  Really?  Fame whore through and through.  It was embarrassing.

I didn't see Hailey (I think that's her name) being all that uncomfortable during that scene and obviously there was more to the conversation.  I don't really care for Meghan but I really don't care for any of them at this point so Meg is looking no worse than the rest of them, especially Vicki. 

I hope the poor Vicki and her mother's death isn't going to be a continuing subject through the rest of season.  Of course it's terrible when a loved one dies but I don't watch the show to continually have to watch this...especially with Vicki's histrionics.  Same for Shannon and David.

• Love 3

I feel sorry for Vicki's siblings having to deal with her histrionics while dealing with their own grief. You know Vicki's loss was greater than their own. Even though Vicki lectured Gretchen on preparing for Jeff's death. Vicki sells insurance. Vicki is not 10. Parents usually die before the children. My parents both died. It's horrible. I get that. I know Vicki's mother died suddenly. Even at 83 it was a shock. But, but by the time Tamara visited Vicki, the drama should have been under control.

I just can't with Vicki's over the top histrionics. She has always reminded me of my older narcissistic sister, who after my mother died acted like she was the only one of seven that had lost their mother. My sister made a scene and left the wake early and caused problems for months afterwards. Grow up Vicki.

• Love 9

I was appalled by the beach bonding conversation between Meg and the step daughter. I can't conceive of an edit which would make Megs going on about how awful it was for Vicki that her mom had died, babbling on how the teenager in front of her was dealing with the same thing but it was even worse because she's just 17--as the kid is sitting there not saying anything.

How many levels of insensitive, crass, stupid and cruel was that? Seriously? This idiot is beyond.

• Love 19

For some reason, I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer hears that a 90 year old passed away: "Wow, that makes you think!"

It hurts to lose a parent, but come on.  The woman was 82.  Yes, it is shocking at first, but you don't continue to blubber about it for days and days.  Just another opportunity for Vicki to make something all about her.  It isn't like Vicki lived next door and saw her mother every day.  She left Illinois a long time ago, yet she acts like the umbilical cord was still attached.   

• Love 8

All I could think last night while watching, "The First Look", was that Vicki is stunted in her emotional capacity, like at about 8 or 9 years of age.  I am in my late 40's and my parents are in their late 70's so I could be in the same boat as Vicki at any time, it is just the circle of life.  As others have said her histrionics are just too much.  I think her initial reaction was fine maybe a bit over the top but everyone processes grief differently but several days later she still sounded like she was a damn child with the "mommy" stuff.  I also feel she lays it on pretty thick for the attention.

As for meg and that poor young lady having to discuss her mother's impending death. Ack, meg you are rotten on so many levels.  I am sick that this woman is her stepmom.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer hears that a 90 year old passed away: "Wow, that makes you think!"

Nice Seinfeld shoutout. ;)

• Love 12

For me this season sucks balls, as is reflected in The First Look. I cannot imagine having less interest in Tamra becoming a Grandmother. I don't mind Tamra as much as some people do, I am just never interested in her storylines. I'm more disturbed that her son has procreated than anything else. Just no.

IMO Meghan is beautiful but nothing else. She has zero charisma or charm on camera. I don't like her husband or the talk about the ex-wife being terminal to the extent that the daughter is brought on camera for reaction shots. Everyone involved should be deeply ashamed. For me nothing is lower, with the possible exception of the Beador's having their kids accept their asshole fathers apology on camera. As Sonja Morgan would say, "how did we get here?"

So far Heather has been perfection for me with regard to interacting with the other ladies, which is how I like my Heather. I don't mind the house or talk of budgets, because that is what couples discuss when they are building a house. The problem is that it's just not that interesting at this point. It is too conceptual for me, and I'm not good with that. Get back with me when the house is done and I will be all kinds of interested. In the First Look, she was awesome with Lizzie. Her tears and concern for Vicki seem real. She remains the only person on this show I actually give two shits about.

Interesting that Vicki's family doesn't like Brooks either. I will assume that included her mom? The plot thickens here, but at this point, i have to make myself try to be interested in Vicki and Brooks. Second everyone else who sends their sympathies to Vicki's siblings. No question she made this about herself and her grief.

I know that things are bad for me when I actually look forward to maybe watching Shannon and David fight. At least that is interesting to me. Looks like more of that this week.

• Love 9

Would it me too much to ask of Bravo to just not broadcast tertiary folks' cancer diagnoses.  First Monty and now Lee Ann Horton Edmonds.  Monty exceeded expectations and six months after Meghan poor decision to talk about these things with her step daughter on camera LeeAnn is with us.  Thankfully.  Bad, bad way to go.

• Love 8

I agree, Zoeysmom. It's not like day to day life is farting unicorns and rainbows. This show is not an escape this season, it's just more bad news featuring different people. There are no positive story lines because Tamra becoming a grandmother only means she gave birth to Ryan and that's just gross and Terry and Heather are rich. So?

• Love 5
(edited)

Am I the only one who thinks that the HW genre has outlived it's usefulness and is spiraling the drain?

The story lines are either boring, unpleasant or deeply inappropriate; like telling a 17 year old that her mother's upcoming death from cancer is really, really bad because she's like, y'know, only 17 and has to deal with her mother dying. And yes, I've--like a great many people--dealt with the deaths of both parents and it's wasn't fun but I have the perspective and common sense not to make it about me. Frankly, dad's death at almost 92 was a terrible loss to us but wasn't what anyone could call a huge surprise. We all know Vicks is a piece of work but this was simply offensive to the sensibilities of her siblings.

As for Megs and Mr Megs--supposedly they sold their previous house for somewhere in the $7mil range and bought the new place for around $2 1/2 mil, give or take. That's not a bad profit piece of change to invest or sit on.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 6

Would it me too much to ask of Bravo to just not broadcast tertiary folks' cancer diagnoses.  First Monty and now Lee Ann Horton Edmonds.  Monty exceeded expectations and six months after Meghan poor decision to talk about these things with her step daughter on camera LeeAnn is with us.  Thankfully.  Bad, bad way to go.

Tertiary. New word for me! I had to look it up. And I agree - it's completely exploitive.

Re: the Meghan on the beach scene - and I'm not excusing what she said AT ALL - but I'm positive the producers told her to bring up Vicki's mother with the step daughter, only she's not smart enough to know how to word something with tact and thoughtfulness, so we got what we got - a total lack of understanding of what to say. #dim

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks that the HW genre has outlived it's usefulness and is spiraling the drain?

No - you're not the only one.  I didn't enjoy BH this season and so far, the OC is a total snorefest.

I will admit that I am enjoying NY but as a native New Yorker, it's always been my favorite.

• Love 1

Nope!  I'm right there with ya.  I used to go straight to the DVR to watch any of the HW's but now I may get around to them a few days to a week after they air.  No more must see tv for me.  I didn't watch the entire season of Atlanta and I am getting close to that on OC.  NY still has me entertained but I'm sure that will change, too.  I have watched every city since the very beginning but I bailed on Miami and DC pretty early.

• Love 4

This first look was horrific for me.  From Meghan whom I hope a big ole shark would come ashore and carry her off to the histrionics of Vicki whom I gave a pass in the last episode this looks to be a most aggravating episode to come but damnit I'll still watch and hate myself in the morning.

• Love 5

The story lines are either boring, unpleasant or deeply inappropriate; like telling a 17 year old that her mother's upcoming death from cancer is really, really bad because she's like, y'know, only 17 and has to deal with her mother dying. And yes, I've--like a great many people--dealt with the deaths of both parents and it's wasn't fun but I have the perspective and common sense not to make it about me. Frankly, dad's death at almost 92 was a terrible loss to us but wasn't what anyone could call a huge surprise. We all know Vicks is a piece of work but this was simply offensive to the sensibilities of her siblings.

As for Megs and Mr Megs--supposedly they sold their previous house for somewhere in the $7mil range and bought the new place for around $2 1/2 mil, give or take. That's not a bad profit piece of change to invest or sit on.

Something tells me the former Mrs. gets a big chunk of the profit if there is any. 

• Love 3

Hmmm and she was saying that they were looking for a $10 million place?? Not that $2.5 million is shabby but it's not 10! She's a blowhard.

Is this info online? Are there pics??

Good to know my gag reflex is working great.Thanks Meghan. Good Lord this Bimbo is so bad if she goes up against Tammy Sue I will have to root for Tamara. There goes that gag reflex again

• Love 15

What I don't get is how this show is garnering much higher ratings than the NY show. Just more long-time loyal viewers? It has sucked so bad thus far and the First Looks gave me zero hope for a change.

Boogles. RHNY so much better, cast and season.  I'm a So Cal girl and watched the first seasons of OC like they were a religion. OMG, the OC Angeles and Asian mail order brides were the best story lines ever and Laurie w/ her wallet and the OC Register articles were second. I've stopped watching and reading about NJ & ATL and am close to stopping OC too. I find my disinterest is first in watching and finally reading here about the wives.

• Love 7
(edited)

The look on Brooks' face when Vicki was packing - like he so hadn't signed up for that. Little crack in the con man exterior.

Plus, also, #shutupmeghan.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 15
(edited)

Meghan's step-daughter is a brat! In this case Meghan's right, teenagers do suck!

I thought it was ironic when Heather was talking about how hard it is taking care of her kids when there was a nanny standing two feet away with her.

I hate that David and Shannon talk about their problems to their daughter's. Shannon should take that relaxing herb she was giving to Vicki.

I liked seeing the birth day of Tamra's granddaughter. I'm a sucker for a healthy baby birth scene.

Poor Vicki. I feel bad for her. My family is still coping with my Dad's death so I can relate to what she's going through.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 11

I think Evolution Media tries to build the drama and Shed Media just has it week after week.  A total waste of effort with Meghan no one would behave the way she does.  Ratings have a  way of dropping very quickly if the storylines get too dark or too frivolous.

• Love 2
Nice to know that Vicki's project (her mothers death) is easier than the model of the big ass house Heather wants herself and her son to build. Heather never ceases to out asshole herself.

mbaywife123, you nut! She said, "Nicky" not "Vickie"!

Ok.  David was really weird tonight. 

I actually like this Shannon/Vicky pairing.  I think Shannon is Ying to Vicky's Yang.  They are a great pair.  I think prefer this duo to any other RHOC duo of seasons past.

• Love 21

mbaywife123, you nut! She said, "Nicky" not "Vickie"!

Ok.  David was really weird tonight. 

I actually like this Shannon/Vicky pairing.  I think Shannon is Ying to Vicky's Yang.  They are a great pair.  I think prefer this duo to any other RHOC duo of seasons past.

Well I guess those two things on the side of my head need a good cleaning and adjustment!

• Love 6
(edited)

Geez, I guess Eddie made his feelings about his step-kids known tonight.  Seems he still has no inkling or paternal feelings for Tamrat's children.  He expressed, in so many words, something along the lines of "not knowing the feelings of a father."  I know he's not their bio dad, but I thought the first year those two assholes got married he was supposedly such a great stepfather to Tamrat's kids. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 5
(edited)

Tonight was most likely the last time I'll watch this show live.  Aside from the fact that there were way, way too many commercials, the episode was a total snorefest.  IMHO.

Vicki's crying for Tamara did nothing for me, especially because she didn't shed a single tear.   She's pathetic to milk her mother's death for screen time.

I thought the baby was cute but there's no way the baby we saw tonight was just born.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I can't with Shannon. If divorce is not an option, stop your madness!! Compile a list of the restaurants you went to during your affair? what is wrong with Shannon. She needs to stop saying she wants to move forward when she clearly is not able to forgive him yet. She shouldn't tho expect him to stay around and let her use him as her punching bag.

• Love 20

Meghan/production/Haylie's mom/whomever setting up the professional photographer for the pre dance pics was nice and a far cry better than my pre prom Polaroids back in the day. It seemed to me that Haylie's attitude of ingratitude has to come from her father.  I do not have a clue what he meant when he said to Meghan after the pics, "Other than you didn't get the right sunset, everything else went great."  What OTHER sunset was there?  Was Meghan supposed to have the sun set twice?  Control the clouds?  Does he live on some planet with two suns? (I rewound the scene twice because I thought I misheard...nope.)

It was about as weird as David having to shut himself and Shannon into the prep kitchen with no follow up on that scenario.

I did love Shannon's TH about the median.  That killed.

• Love 16
It was about as weird as David having to shut himself and Shannon into the prep kitchen with no follow up on that scenario

Yeah.  I hope she addresses that sometime, be that in a blog, on WWHL, or at the reunion.  That was strange.

• Love 7