Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is the first time Sami and EJ have actually been in a relationship. Therefore, I think cheating would affect her this particular time in a different way. He went with Nicole while he was professing her love to her, but she didn't seem quite as affected then since they weren't really a couple in the sleeping-in-the-same bed kind of way.

In the past, they weren't a couple -- I don't know what they were, but EJ just sort or more less pursued her and she told him to shove off.  When she actually did agree to marry him that one other time, she found out he did something bad and shot him in the head.

Other things have broken the camel's back and ...she has promptly retaliated in various ways. I guess my unpopular opinion is that I don't get it when it's assumed she hasn't gotten her revenge on him in the past and   when she felt he had gone too far (so this revenge plot is in character for her). My other unpopular opinion is that heir official coupling has really  been only in the past year, not the entire 8 year run EJ has been on the show.  However, in the past when he's FINALLY gotten Sami to be with him in the fullest sense of the expression, EJ somehow managed, both to my bafflement and I suppose even JS's, to screw up by cheating and by simply not telling Sami what she was asking of him- that he in fact did know that Kristen had drugged Eric. At the time I felt I understood why he kept the secret -- but after he slept with Abigail, I forgot why he was clinging so closely to it and just didn't fess up from the start.

Edited to add:

Admittedly, I do tend to fill in the gaps on this show for myself. Otherwise, it would be totally nonsensical to me.

Sami usually reacts pretty badly when she cares for someone. So, theoretically, if Sami didn't hatch a plan, EJ should probably be worried. That would probably mean she didn't really have the hots for EJ that much. She was pretty heated with Chloe when she had slept with Lucas, but had a bit of a lesser reaction at the time to Nicole for doing the same thing with EJ. Since Sami went to all the trouble of hatching a revenge plot for him, he might be flattered. If she didn't have a reaction of some kind (whether that be screaming or plotting), I think he might take that as a negative.

Edited by bantering

Technically, what I've gotten from the writers is, that if Sami hadn't helped "murder" Nick, EJ would've never given Abby a second look.  That's how they sold it, with Sami shoving EJ at Abby to do what was necessary to keep Abby from talking to Hope.  Naturally, Sami didn't want that to include distracting Abby with sex; and EJ certainly didn't have to resort to sex to keep Abby quiet; but, again, we were told it was something that he did in order to protect Sami. 

We also got the "Sami's not putting out, but Abby is", so EJ could just get a bit.  Certainly wrong of him to do.  But, the way the whole affair was written, the writers were telling us that EJ was doing this for Sami, and that even if he got his rocks off, it wasn't as if he was seeing the affair as more than a means to an end -- protecting Sami. 

Mind you, the affair was stupid, and a cheap way to cause conflict between EJ and Sami.  EJ never should've gone there; but, the writers were saying it as if it was for the greater good that he did.  Now, they flip around and send Sami all scorched earth in revenge mode, over something writers told us that EJ did for her.  That's stupid writing. 

If the goal is for the fans to root for Sami, then why not make it a legitimate affair?  Where EJ was actually attracted and emotionally invested, even torn?  Or just make EJ a straight-up impatient asshole who went looking for a piece on the side?  This seems like the worst possible way to do it.  "Noble EJ screws Abby to distract her from the fact that Sami 'murdered' Nick." 

• Love 1
(edited)

I tend to think EJ may have slept with Abigail to protect Sami (well, the first time anyway). I think the second time may have been out of anger at Sami. Maybe the half-time in the closet may have been about anger too. I'm just going based on how JS chose to play the scenes -- he seemed like he was playing Abigail to me. But only EJ has knowledge of whatever playing he was trying to do.

In EJ`s fantasy/nightmare/whatever that was,  however, he seemed to fully recognize that either Sami wouldn't buy his excuses or that she would think the excuses were pretty stupid. Maybe that's why he hasn't opened his mouth about it, because, despite not knowing how to use birth control, he's at least able to recognize that most women would feel his explanation sounds pretty dumb when said out loud,  even if the intent of his action was sincere..

Does anyone, including Abigail, actually know why EJ slept with her the first time? Has he actually verbalized it out loud to anyone? If that's the case, then maybe Sami actually doesn't know why he slept with Abigail.  She's going based on what she's seeing in the photo, which seems natural to me, if he's never going to open his mouth about it and explain his motivation.  If I saw a photo, and knew nothing else, what would my assumption be? I think my assumption would be the same as Sami's. Until EJ actually tells anyone why exactly he did it, Sami has nothing else to go on but the photo.  Maybe he'll explain why he did it at the altar. Which for Abigail might be a weird burn. Yikes. That would be double humiliation. Nu-Ben will probably have to pick Abigail off the floor if the truth of what EJ actually intended comes out in public in FRONT OF EVERYONE. So much for "lovely" sex.

I don't think the affair was well-written at all -- but I think Sami's actual conclusion fits with what anybody who sees a photo like that would conclude. Until EJ opens his mouth and actually blurts out his reasons and rationale for what he did, and explicitly says why he did what he did, Sami's thinking doesn't seem off to me. Even the audience was confused, and we were all debating, possibly arguing, with each other over what exactly EJ was trying to do. So it doesn't strike me as strange that Sami wouldn't know what he was thinking either.

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Stephano makes everybody's existence a living misery. That's probably reason enough for Kate to turn on him. He's always so mean to everybody, including his own children, that I probably can't keep track of what he's done. I just know his horribleness is so horrible that even Reese Witherspoon called him evil in Legally Blonde. Stephano's evil is famous!

I just hope she wins. Anybody who tries to do anything to him usually winds up losing.

Kate usually appears less dumb than EJ, so at least she has that in her favor.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
I don't want to see Sami go all scorched earth with EJ.  I realize he cheated on her, and I certainly don't condone cheating.  That being said, I don't want to see her steal his business or kill him over such a small thing.  Small, meaning comparatively to all the other horrible things EJ and Sami have done to each other over the years.

I think having a 2-night stand with Abby is probably as minor a misdeed as either Sami or EJ has committed over the years.  Unlike say, hiding kids from each other (or pretending said kid was dead), EJ hiring a FakeRafe to sexually assault Sami, Sami shooting EJ in the head or attempting to set him on fire.  And so on, ad naseum.

Beach Blonde--Agree to this and so much more that you wrote that I'd be quoting for days so I'll just say I'll pretty much second everything you wrote.

(edited)
My unpopular opinion is that I really don't care about Sami and Kate's motivation - I'm just so bloody thrilled that FINALLY something juicy is happening.  It's been so long!

I’m right there with you.  I want to see Kate and Sami scheming for whatever reason.

I don’t give a damn about EJ or EJ/Sami’s relationship.  Everything about them since the Kristen/Eric reveal has been dumb.  In February, Sami told EJ she shouldn’t have blamed him for what Kristen did, and EJ told Sami he was sorry about what happened to Eric.  They could have done that from day one, before the tossing Nick in the river incident, and everything that followed.  There was no reason for EJ to try and make Sami believe the sex with Kristen/Eric was consensual.  The cheating was stupid, Kate, Sami, and EJ’s inability to handle Nick was not believable.  The SL was all over the place, made no sense, and everyone looked like idiots.

I’ll take Kate and Sami scheming over everyone looking like brain dead morons any day.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm just going off of comments here, I probably don't have anything to say most of you don't already know. And I'm happy to be wrong about Kate and Sami, the writers exceeded my expectations.

Jack's book is about his "walkabout" in Afghanistan and when he was held prisoner. That's why Jen is donating the proceeds to veterans, and Vic just told her it made a lot of money. The book in Paige's backpack was huge but I have no idea whether he discussed his early life. Wouldn't JJ already know if it was in there?  I know Abs read it.  My understanding is that Eve's arrival (groping her daughter and throwing imaginary money about), is that she plans to sue Jenn over the book because somebody does. It looks like she expects a big payday: Surgery, a new house and Stanford University out of pocket?

I absolutely remember Charlotte Ross and her relationship with Nick the Pimp. I'm not too broken up about her not returning because she left over 20 years ago! and has had a decent career.  My regret is she would have brought a great deal more pathos. I get it that this is KdP's first week, I've never seen her before but she is approaching levels of Melanie Mania  (I actually liked Melanie but she was very loud and stagey in her acting.). Also, I've been dreading the return of Kristen, I really don't need another shrill, crazy person around and that southern accent is throwing me for a loop..

I, too, feel for Paige. It's immediately looking like "the daughter is more mature than the mother" storyline and her character feels shoehorned in. Some of us don't even remember her and suddenly it's revealed Paige moved in with Cousin Joan temporarily?  Having JJ walk in on an unbuttoned Eve was nauseating.

Theresa is pulling JJ's strings just to keep in practice because it will come in handy to stick it to Eve over the happiness of her daughter.

Edited to clean up most of the excess punctuation because my eyesight is very bad.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I, too, have been dreading Kristin’s return. She does crazy well but after months of Nick Fallon I’ve had enough crazy. Speaking of crazy, what kind of nut calls someone’s phone, listens to them say ‘hello’ many times, and then doesn’t say anything?   That scene alone yesterday with Eve calling Theresa pretty much confirmed to me that Eve is already on the crazy train.  I also agree, what is up with that touch of Southern accent?  Why does Paige have the last name Larson while Eve goes by Barron again? And who the hell is this cousin Joan supposed to be???  I’m almost 90% certain the writers are going to butcher this Eve return storyline. They should have just left it alone till CR was free again. She said she was interested in returning, just tied up at the moment. If this is the crap they’re writing, they should have waited.

• Love 4

Here's a weird one, but I find it virtually impossible to 'ship (or even remotely care about!) pretty much every single Days existing or would-be couple. It's ironic when you consider that soaps are supposed to be the most 'romantic' genre, but for me there's just far too much random partner-swapping, bed-hopping, cheating, scheming, lying, game playing, distrust, betrayal and general fickleness to find any of the relationships remotely root-worthy or credible. Granted, all that is part of what makes soaps fun, but it also makes it difficult for me to want most of these couples anywhere near each other, let alone believe any of them are genuinely in love and (*snicker*) 'soulmates.' I'm all for Days just becoming a fun, campy murder mystery instead of even attempting to do romance with any sort of earnestness :) 

I agree mstaken, I think the romantic pairing are severely lacking these day. I think chemistry is one of the biggest problems. Most of them don't have any and some of them have them better chem with other people, but the writers are apparently blind to it. I don't want to see them give up on it, I'd rather they just hired new writers that knew how to write for couples. How hard can that be? Romantic literature is a huge genre so obviously plenty of people can do it, and there's always the old footage to go back and take notes on. I think they could do a better job on mystery and suspense stories too. So I guess the bottom line is they need to hire better writers with some good references. 

• Love 2

Here's a weird one, but I find it virtually impossible to 'ship (or even remotely care about!) pretty much every single Days existing or would-be couple. It's ironic when you consider that soaps are supposed to be the most 'romantic' genre, but for me there's just far too much random partner-swapping, bed-hopping, cheating, scheming, lying, game playing, distrust, betrayal and general fickleness to find any of the relationships remotely root-worthy or credible. Granted, all that is part of what makes soaps fun, but it also makes it difficult for me to want most of these couples anywhere near each other, let alone believe any of them are genuinely in love and (*snicker*) 'soulmates.' I'm all for Days just becoming a fun, campy murder mystery instead of even attempting to do romance with any sort of earnestness :) 

This is why I like Paige and JJ.  There are no stupid secrets between them, at least none they really had any control over.  Neither of them is scheming.  Bev may be scheming against them, but so far neither one of them is idiot enough to fall for it.  It's nicer to see couples join together against a common enemy rather than screwing each other over.  I'm tired of seeing people cry and beg for forgiveness.  

• Love 2

Here's a weird one, but I find it virtually impossible to 'ship (or even remotely care about!) pretty much every single Days existing or would-be couple.

The closest I come to shipping anything is Nicole and Daniel, which makes me feel all kinds of icky. I like the two of them together, though. As of right now, Nicole has no secrets from Daniel, but it's Nicole, so I'm sure if they did get together, she'd think of something.With Eve around now, I doubt that will be happening anyway, or at least I hope not. I don't want to watch her battle another woman, or a diety, for some man's affection.

If Brady weren't so stupid and the writing for the two of them so one-note, I'd be on board with him and Theresa, JL is carrying all the weight in that pairing, though.

• Love 1
If Brady weren't so stupid and the writing for the two of them so one-note, I'd be on board with him and Theresa, JL is carrying all the weight in that pairing, though.

Agree. JL is a good actress, and there is some chemistry between the pair but they need to give them something more to work with. 

• Love 2

I agree about Jen Lilley.  She's a thousand times better than the writing for her character.  If they actually had some good writers on Days, she would blow her stories out of the water.  And I say this as someone who was completely meh on her in the beginning.  I actually see some real chemistry between her and EM but Brady is such a cartoon right now.  An enjoyable one, but still a cartoon.

• Love 3

An Emmy-winning one, apparently. And ain't that a scary thought?

Just goes to show how meaningless those awards are.  But at least Steve Burton didn't win - I think he may be one of the worst actors in daytime.  

I'm hating myself for this one, but...I kind of like Ann. Lord knows why, but I do. I think it must have to do with her hating Jen almost as much as I do. And, as already confessed, I still have a weird fondness for Hope despite the utter dullness of her current, virtually nonexistent storylines. 

Brady just sucks for me, irrespective of whether he's drugged out or sober. I just can't muster up any interest in him at all...except when he's serving as the justified target of Victor's latest snark-filled diatribe, of course :) 

• Love 2

Mstaken, I agree with you on all your points. I think my soft spot for Hope stems from her status as a legacy character and her longevity with the show. Plus, she sometimes actually shows a spark when she's with the right actor.

• Love 1

1) I actually liked Shelly Hall's version of Stephanie, and felt she got the shaft in terms of writing.

2) While I like Victor, he is a bit too sexist for me to fully love him. It seems like every young woman who isn't either meek, boring, or a relative (Chloe, Nicole, Theresa, possibly Sami) is an evil slut to him, whereas Dr. Pigpen gets a total pass for the number of partners he has had. I do, however get just as much of a kick as the next person at hearing the phrase "my idiot grandson."

3) If I close my eyes, I can't tell much difference between Tad and nuBen. Their voices sound very similar to me.

I'm hating myself for this one, but...I kind of like Ann. Lord knows why, but I do. I think it must have to do with her hating Jen almost as much as I do. And, as already confessed, I still have a weird fondness for Hope despite the utter dullness of her current, virtually nonexistent storylines. 

Brady just sucks for me, irrespective of whether he's drugged out or sober. I just can't muster up any interest in him at all...except when he's serving as the justified target of Victor's latest snark-filled diatribe, of course :) 

You echo my thoughts!  Ann is crazy, sure, but she's also right about Jenn.  Jenn is so entitled and Ann calls her on that.  And Abigail having her job at the hospital is only because of who her mother is.  I don't think the writers intended Ann to be seen as anything but a pain in the ass.  Which she most definitely is.  But when she's going after Jenn, in particular, I just sit back and enjoy the show.

And as you say about Brady, it's hard to decide whether he's worse when he's loaded or sober.  He's been so threatening and borderline abusive so many times, and almost always to women, and as often sober as loaded.  The guy is a muscleheaded goon and Victor deserves better.

• Love 2
(edited)

Taking my cat, a sleeping bag, the android phone, some cheese and crackers and moving into Unpopular Opinions for the foreseeable future. No problem, I have a copy of the complete novels of Jane Austen.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

I like Ann, too. Her hatred of Jenn is a bit over the top, but well-earned. She really brings the snark, in which the show is otherwise sorely lacking (except for Pop Up Victor). And she looks like a "real" woman instead of a botoxed, plastic surgery, anorexia horror show, and dresses appropriately for her age.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, my first unpopular opinion.  Ann was a complete bitch to Theresa.  And believe me, I really hate to use that term with women.  When she said cut your losses I was all about Theresa saying yeah, you're right, you're no friend and walking out.  Yes, Ann gave her a wake up but I thought the one with John was more meaningful when she looked visibly shaken to understand that maybe he can't handle the partying like you can, Theresa.  And Ann comparing their marriage proposal rates fails because she is what, 20 years older so she has been rejected a lot longer, harsh as that is to say. Damn, who needs enemies with friends like that.  I was hoping Theresa would shut her mouth about the personal stuff because I don't think Ann could be loyal to anyone and she reminds me way too much of hr people I've had to deal with.  They used to be on the side of the employee.

Edited by QuelleC

My problem with Anne is that the only reason she exists is so the writers can call those of us who see Jennifer for what she really is as shown by her actions and behavior bitches. She solely exists so the writers can take potshots at those of us with the temerity to point out they don't know the meaning of "show, don't tell." 

• Love 2

Have no shame about your Ann love.  I love her and I appreciate that she's the only one who tells Jennifer how it is.  I think she comes on waaay too heavy sometimes, but overall I have great appreciation for the character and I think the actress is amazing.  There was a scene where she was coaching Theresa on how to give false testimony to the hospital board and it was hilarious.  I wish they would expand the character beyond simple Jennifer Enemy.  I would love to see more of her outside of her current limited role.  Also, I think she has the BEST clothes.

Hope could be so much better than she's written now.  She seems strong and resilent and it's nice to see a female soap character with those traits.  She's not defined by the men around her.  I wish they would kill Bo off and let her move on.

I wish they would kill Bo off and let her move on.

Bo is one of my all time favorite characters, but I wish they would kill him, too. Death never sticks, so it's not as if that closes the door forever if PR  wants to come back some day. By keeping him alive, but undercover, they're doing both Bo and Hope a huge disservice. He looks like a douche and when she moves on, it will technically be cheating. I hate that they're boxing her in like that.

No, no, no to Melanie. In addition to the baby talk and the toothy smile, I hated that Nick and Stephanie (and even Gabi) were written into pathetic, scheming losers because of Melanie. The show completely screwed with its own history in order to tie her to a core character only to have the actress leave. I was glad to see her go, but a lot of effort was put into propping her up and there was little long term payoff. I know shows don't think long term, and that's probably part of the reason the genre is dying, but Melanie was a huge mistake.

Bo is one of my all time favorite characters, but I wish they would kill him, too. Death never sticks, so it's not as if that closes the door forever if PR  wants to come back some day. By keeping him alive, but undercover, they're doing both Bo and Hope a huge disservice. He looks like a douche and when she moves on, it will technically be cheating. I hate that they're boxing her in like that.

That's my feeling exactly.  Killing him off isn't permanent and I REALLY agree that he seems like a huge a-hole for ditching Hope. The whole thing bothers me a lot.

• Love 1

If the original actor doesn't want to return then why don't they recast? Is he so big that their will be backlash with a recast? Was the original actor a great actor? If not then recast cause for me it looks like they want Hope to be with Aidan so they can bring back Bo and make her feel all guilty and all that.

• Love 1

The Sami/EJ rape storyline didn't bother me. I realize that may cause my membership privileges in the womanhood to be suspended but I don't care. I loved them during this period. I didn't care for the Santeen back story but the pregnancy with twins and EJ faking paralysis was GOLD. GOLD JERRY! They had the chance to be an iconic supercouple but the powers that be pissed it all away with their failure to commit one way or another.  It all went to shit and now I can't stand the sight of either of them. I fell out of love with them probably about 2-3 years ago because of the constant back and forth and all the crappy things they did to each other. Mainly, EJ kidnapping his own child and Sami shooting him in the head. 

James Scott's acting has gotten progressively worse over the years. I hope if he does continue with acting as a career he engages an acting coach to get rid of all the ticks and habits he has amounted over the years.

Allison Sweeney's acting is perfectly acceptable. Not great, but not awful.

I am not sad to see either James or Allison go.

Shawn Christian is one of the better actors on the show. He is leaps and bounds ahead of James Scott, but the writers have been trying so long and so hard to make Dan the character happen that it is a mute point because most people can't seem to stand the sight of him.

Returns of old fan faves don't excite me. In fact, just the opposite. It fills me dread because I just know the writers are going to destroy all the good will and good feelings I had about them.

People go on and on about how Galen is a terrible actor but frankly I think Drake H is just as bad if not worse. The only difference to me is Drake at least had an amazing history and was part of an iconic supercouple and has been coasting on those fumes for years. 

The character of Stefano should be retired and given an incredible send off. I just don't see the need for him and feel he has lost his edge. Time for a new villain. 

(edited)

I hate hate hate KdP so much if she is still around when AS and JS leave I will stop watching.  I mean, I seriously cannot stand her and can't be bothered to come up with something funny to say about it.  She gives off a worse Kristen vibe than Kristen and really did the southern twang thang today big time.  Unless by some stretch of the imagination she picked up the drawl in Africa it sounds so strange in Salem. Kristen at least seemed somewhat aware she's mentally unbalanced and gave a campy performance. I can't believe I'm defending Kristen.

Theresa was right when she said she's the "good" sister, all Eve wants to do is torment people and she acts like she's always the Most Fabulous Person in the room.  She's the loudest, that's for sure.  Not only does TruePaige look nothing like her, there is no way nuEve could have such a decent daughter unless she's been absent for most of her kid's life.  I don't even mute JorRafe but KdP will be from now on, even if I miss plot points.

Edited by QuelleC

Kassie de Paiva is from Kentucky,

I know, I had to google her because I get it that she has a lot of fans from the past and I tried to look into it.  I'm not a huge Charlotte Ross fan either but she'd do a better job. 

I'm already dreading the country music singing.  Roll back the accent and try to be believable. It's called acting.  I just get the impression she thinks she is so beloved she can act out her ego on screen.  And that's why I'm camping out in the unpopular opinions page. Thinking about roasting some marshmallows tonight.

• Love 2

I know, I had to google her because I get it that she has a lot of fans from the past and I tried to look into it.  I'm not a huge Charlotte Ross fan either but she'd do a better job. 

I'm already dreading the country music singing.  Roll back the accent and try to be believable. It's called acting.  I just get the impression she thinks she is so beloved she can act out her ego on screen.  And that's why I'm camping out in the unpopular opinions page. Thinking about roasting some marshmallows tonight.

Quelle, if there's a breeze where you're doing those marshmallows then I'm on my way.

While I'm not bothered by the accent I can sure see why folks who know the character might be.  If they had recast one of the longterm characters from my longtime soap, say a character who had been from West Virginia with someone who spoke like they came from the Jersey Shore, I'd have had a problem.

I love KdP but I share your apprehension about the singing, which I am positive will be coming.  I don't know what they'll do here, but on OLTL when she sang she went for the jazz and not country.  And although she has a fine voice, I HATE musical segments on the soaps - HATE THEM.

• Love 4

I might be more receptive to the character if CR were playing Eve, simply based on sentiment, but the writing is doing her no favors. If Jennifer were still a sympathetic, fun character, I'd be firmly Team Devereaux. Legal documents work differently in Salemverse, so I don't care that, in the real world, Eve has a legitimate legal claim. She's annoying, and the only reason I'm not actively rooting for her to fail is because I don't much care to see Jennifer win.

And no to the singing! As a little kid, I loved  Doug's Place, but I was too young to know how annoying all that singing was. By the time Liz Chandler started her warbling, I realized how awful musical soaps really were.

• Love 1

I HATE musical segments on the soaps - HATE THEM.

boes, I could not agree more with this. I seem to remember there was a period when it was The Big Thing in soaps. They would hire some singer and that person would constantly hog airtime with some kind of schmaltzy crap ballad.  Or worse, they would sing to another character like they were in a musical -when  I watched Guiding Light back in dinosaur days, Kelly was CONSTANTLY warbling to Morgan their "theme" song. And that's another thing - the theme songs for couples.  Like that shitty Christopher Cross song they played for Laura Spencer on GH. Musical segments have no place on soaps. I HATE THEM.

And no to the singing! As a little kid, I loved  Doug's Place, but I was too young to know how annoying all that singing was. By the time Liz Chandler started her warbling, I realized how awful musical soaps really were.

Gloria Loring may have been the worst of the worst. Just beyond dullsville.  I don't mind Eve being a singer, but if they start using 5 minute segments to show her serenading Dr Tanning Booth, then I see a lot of free time in my future.

Gloria Loring may have been the worst of the worst. Just beyond dullsville.

And we have her to blame for her annoying son, Robin Thicke.

To this day I can't look at Hope without hearing Tonight I Celebrate.  ugh  But JorRafe's musicbox theme is right up there.  Because their love is so pure doncha know.

• Love 1

To this day I can't look at Hope without hearing Tonight I Celebrate.  ugh  But JorRafe's musicbox theme is right up there.  Because their love is so pure doncha know.

Yeah, for all my hatred of love ballad themes, I must admit the current music used on Days is the absolute worse.  Tammie Sue (hee!) and Rafe's "pure love" music or the porn music that plays for Eve or the Reefer Madness music for Brady and his beloved coke vial are really just horrible. Nothing like terrible music to pull you right out of the scene.

• Love 2

Kassie had it written into her contract at OLTL that she sang twice (I think) a year.  She has a pretty voice, and I loved Blair, but I hated it when Blair sang.  Dreading the inevitable removal of Eve's nodules and return of her singing career.

It sounds like that's probably a popular opinion, though.

I, too, despise singing on soaps. I don't care who it is. I hate when they bring 'special musical guests' onto the show -- people who have legitimate music careers -- and then suddenly and inexplicably everyone in town is a HUGE FUCKING FAN of whoever that is... despite the fact, you know, that outside of the performance NO ONE TALKS ABOUT MUSIC EVER. I hate it when soap stars sing because that's clunky and weird in a whole different way.

I will say what I've always said about singing on soaps... let the singer sing, but do a montage if you must. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of people sitting around watching someone sing while we fade in and out to various people in the club or whatever and it's not remotely natural. It's a given that Kassie's going to sing, Eve sang after all. (I can only pray we don't have a rendition of 'Wind Beneath My Wings' because I hate that fucking song.) I'm just not looking forward to it because singing on soaps is just one of the worst... I don't care WHO is doing it.

• Love 2
(edited)

There's only one musical association from a soap that I liked, and that's Patch and Kayla's Lady in Red. I hated Almost Paradise -- I think that was Kim and Shayne? 

Oh yeah!  I forgot about those!  Both horrible songs. I don't think I'd mind it so much if they would actually pick good songs, but then I am sure they would play them to death.  Gotta get their money's worth, ya know.

Kassie had it written into her contract at OLTL that she sang twice (I think) a year.  She has a pretty voice, and I loved Blair, but I hated it when Blair sang.  Dreading the inevitable removal of Eve's nodules and return of her singing career.

Of course she will! They would never have mentioned her singing if Eve wasn't going to have a triumphant return to the stage crooning to her many adoring fans! And by stage I mean Brady Pub and by adoring fans I mean Dr. Melanoma - the miracle worker second only to God.

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 2

Cheeses I must have fallen asleep next to the campfire on a marshmallow and hotdog high and missed some comments. Hey, you can see Mars from here.  I woke up to say that I think Nicole has also awakened and is clawing herself up to be where she belongs.  I think she tried to do the Burning Bed or Charlize Theron thing suffering for her art, but it went too far.  She's one of the best actresses here and she'll come back.

• Love 2
(edited)

Eve didn't have a reasonable discussion with JJ, he is just a trusting kid who thought so. She was manipulating him exactly as she does her own damned daughter.  I'm troubled that this evolving into regular tete-a-tete with this young man. No good can come and if this clown (stop the overacting and the porn music you sang. Now.) ruins our JJ you will know what I've been saying.  She's not above trying to seduce him if that's what it takes to hurt Paige and get money. She wouldn't even let her think of applying for financial aid.

I'm expecting some more Eve crap tomorrow.  She lies to everyone and it's not cute or funny no matter how I feel about Jenn.The economic need just covers up how awful she is. It sort of feels like how the Madison character was thrown in, made a big deal, and went nowhere.  This Eve has no connection whatsoever to the old Eve. She actually made me like Dan for having the good sense to have the heebie jeebies for the fact she keeps showing up to make friends even at his apartment, now that she knows he's a rich doctor who has a connection to Jenn.  I don't know, is she here to make us like Dannifer in comparison?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1