Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I can't stand Anne as a character, but I LOVE that actress. I really love her scenes with Melissa Reeves, who I actually think shines in scenes with the "bad guys" on Days, ironically. Maybe that's why I like Jen best when it comes to her odd friendships, like with Kristen and Nicole for that one month they got along.

I do agree with you somewhat with the way Anne is written right now - very one note and all about St. Jennifer and Dr SuperDan. If they could just take her away from that nonsense, she would be a great character. She doesn't even have to be good or nice - I like her mean snarkiness - but she needs to have more to do than plot revenge on Jennifer and flounce away when she's foiled by Maxine.

• Love 3
 but she needs to have more to do than plot revenge on Jennifer and flounce away when she's foiled by Maxine.

Heh---you have a valid point, though I can't help but feel that her hatred for Jen is a large part of why I like and relate to her :)

• Love 2

I don't say this lightly, but...*deep breath*...I hate Jen even more than I hate Abby. And, trust me, I REALLY hate Abby. Maybe it's because I'm still a relative new viewer and hence don't have the benefit of remembering when Jen used to be likable and/or interesting, but, ugh, she just infuriates me. She's just so colorless and lifeless and self-righteous and petulant and pathetic and miserable in this infectious way that makes ME feel miserable whenever I even have to look at her. 

• Love 6

I agree with you all about Ann, I think she's great.  And very good at comedy.

Have you all seen the rap video she and Jen Lilley did about Days a while back?

If not, here's a link to it on YouTube - 

• Love 7

I love Ann but I'm bored she isn't doing anything other than hate Jennifer. She is a talented lady and needs a juicier part. 

I love her style and hair.  If you notice, she looks very different than all the other women (except Kate). And minimal make up.

• Love 4

It's hard to believe that Lucas and Sami were ever an epic couple. I see no connection or chemistry between them whatsoever. And I agree with the people who find him self-righteous, boring, dour and unattractive. I don't get the allure at all. And somehow EJ and Sami are an even worse couple. I want so much for Sami to end up single. 

• Love 1

Today's UO is that I like Mary Beth. I wouldn't hang out with her in real life or anything, but I think she has the potential to be an interesting character. I already want to see more of her than of Paige. She's cute and the actress doesn't bug me, even when her character does. She reminds me of a mini-Anne.  I wouldn't mind it if they expanded her character, which leads me to my next UO: I really, really don't want to see them do the same to T. If he were a more fully developed character, he'd annoy the shit out of me. Same with Rory, though I absolutely love him as comic relief. 

• Love 2

Both Belles (REFUSE to add CR's "portrayal" in that count)?   I liked KS's Belle when she was with her siblings, the best.  I never liked either Belle with either Shawn, though. 

sorry I only watched the show when Martha Madison was Belle.  I actually preferred Belle with Philip. But what do I know.

• Love 2

Watching the WilSon shower scene last week made me feel like a pedophile. If you're gonna do a sex scene, the people involved need to look like they know what they're doing. Looking old enough to vote is a good thing, too.

I'm perfectly happy never to see Jack on screen ever again.

I don't think Paige is beautiful. Her jaw looks enormous.

Every time someone refers to Abigail as "beautiful" I rewind the scene and turn on the close captioning to make sure I'm hearing it right. Pretty, ok. Beautiful. No.

I know it's wrong to hit someone over the head with a fireplace poker, but I think Theresa should get a pass on this. 

Father Eric is sexier than Mopey Eric. 

• Love 1

I think Abby looks kind of like a spider monkey. Her ears are too large, her nose is on the blobby side, and somehow her eyes and dyed hair do not match. Normally I would not be one to pick apart another woman's looks, but since the show seems bound and determined to pimp her as being 'breathtakingly beautiful,' I feel compelled to say otherwise. 

• Love 6

I don't think Paige is beautiful. Her jaw looks enormous.

For me it is not just the jaw but her entire head. Her head is freaking ginormous!!! I'm taking Easter Island head statue ginormous. That said I still think she is kinda attractive in an interesting way. Plus she has a great head of hair. I am a sucker for a person with a great head of hair.

Jen Lilley's acting choices bother me. I do think she is a great addition to the cast but I for the life of me can't understand why she chooses to play her in such an obvious shifty eyed, nervous, fidgety guilt ridden messy way. It is distracting and makes me wonder how the character of Theresa has gotten so far in life being a so-called schemer and opportunist. She telegraphs her guilt with every single look. 

Can't wait until Theresa is exposed on the poker bashing and we can move on from any hope of her and Brady. I will hate the show forever if they make Theresa preggo with Brady's kid after that one night stand. 

I am girding my loins for the upcoming Chad/Abby/Ollie triangle. You know its coming. Don't lie to yourself! Might even end up being a quadrangle with Melanie added to the mix. Won't that be lovely.

I've always hated s/l that had adults messing with kids relationship so this Eve setting JJ up with a hooker thing has my full hate. Trix are for kids.

I don't give a damn about Hope and Aiden. Aiden is cute and has such a boyish charm but I still don't care.

• Love 1

I've always hated s/l that had adults messing with kids relationship so this Eve setting JJ up with a hooker thing has my full hate. Trix are for kids.

I think in this particular scenario, tricks are definitely not for kids.   

I'm a sucker for blue eyes & dark hair (which is probably why I like Nu-Chad so much)

I actually didn't really mind Sami & Rafe or Sami & Brandon even though I have always wanted her with Lucas.

I always hated Belle & Shawn D(both incarnations)

Steve & Kayla will always be my favorite soap couple (even more than Bo & Hope) - I'm still hoping that Stephan Nichols will eventually come back to Days

• Love 1

I actually like John too - he's definately not the best actor but there is something endearing about him.

i alway loved John & Isabella more than I ever did John & Marlena (I liked Marlena with the original Roman)- they just worked for some reason & I always felt he had more chemistry with her than Marlena.

I also really miss Calliope, Eugene & Anna - they were comedy gold & always made you laugh.

• Love 2

At my old job, we had a tv in the waiting room. At least once or twice a week, I'd go out to greet a client while Passions was on and they'd be trying to make sense out of whatever scene they'd just witnessed. Timmy crammed in a microwave was particularly troublesome to process for one man!

It didn't help that the tv was usually on mute, so there was no dialog to help them make sense of it. From what little I watched of Passions, I'm not sure it would have made a difference, anyway. 

• Love 3

I didn't watch Passions for about the first year because I was so upset when Another World was cancelled.  Then I realized it was a satire if you ignored most of the Crane family.  Really, Fancy Crane and Pretty Crane? 

It was great to see Juliet Mills be given such a fun role as Tabitha.  And baby Endora was one of the most talented toddlers I've seen. Remarkably, they didn't go with twins to play that role.  The expressions on that child's face with the thought bubbles!  Tabitha dressed her like a little witch and had a red and black stroller.  The rub is, she was afraid Endora was going to be a good witch. 

I was so sad when Timmy died in real life. 

Rafe/Luis was a stack of wood but I liked it that they had a big, strong family with mama Pilar.  I expected they'd bring her to Days since they brought in Rafe's sister Ariana in from Passions, too.  It would have been nice to have a new family in Salem but now we're just stuck with Rafe.

Edited by AmandaPanda
eliminated unnecessary quote boxes
  • Love 2

I loved what little I saw of Passions because it was such gleefully over-the-top, campy fun. In my opinion, Days could use A LOT more fun. If it can't give us lovable characters and genuinely poignant storylines, I wish Days could at least try for some cleverness, wit and...did I mention fun?! This show desperately needs to be more fun. Clever and witty humor requires self-awareness, though, which this show seems to lack to a rather frightening degree. 

And I still don't hate Rafe. I should, but I don't. He's actually one of the very few guys on this show who I like---well, okay, maybe "like" is going too far. He is, however, one of the very few guys on this show who I don't completely and totally loathe with a fiery passion. 

As bland and dopey and pointless as Ben is, I actually think he's too good for Abigail. Sadly, I'm not kidding. (Then again, who or what *isn't* too good for Abigail?!) 

Yeah, I am not a fan of Susan...ever.  Nu Will is almost unwatchable.  Nu Chad...I can't get used to him having to look upward to EJ since old Chad was very tall (and once James Scott leaves there will be nothing but short men on the show)...Nu Chad sounds like old Chad but doesn't look anything like him.  They need someone new in casting because they've been doing a horrible job with replacements.  Also Ben sounds like he's from New York and not the South and I wish they would do something about his wardrobe...it sucks.  Oh...and writers, this show is supposed to be in Illinois...so did you know most people in the Midwest call soda "pop" and not soda?  Just a small irritant for me lol.  And did I mention I am not a fan of Susan?  Oh...I guess I did ;)

Jen Lilley's acting choices bother me. I do think she is a great addition to the cast but I for the life of me can't understand why she chooses to play her in such an obvious shifty eyed, nervous, fidgety guilt ridden messy way. It is distracting and makes me wonder how the character of Theresa has gotten so far in life being a so-called schemer and opportunist. She telegraphs her guilt with every single look. 

I don't blame JL. I'm pretty sure she's being DIRECTED to act this way. It's also the way the script is written. If she didn't look so guilty, no one would suspect that she did it and there'd be no story.

• Love 1

I never believed that someone on Belle's level would ever lower herself to be friends with Mimi. Mimi is what you teach your kids to avoid. Mimi was a interloper, leech & all around broke bitch. I also don't understand how Kayla can be friends with the stupid bitch that married the man that raped her. Clearly nobody has standards when it comes to friends in Salem.

• Love 3

I keep seeing people talk about how much chemistry Brady and Theresa have/had, but I have the unpopular opinion of never rooting for them at all. For starters, I hate Brady. I think he's boorish, dull, and quite possibly the very dumbest character in a town full of the stupidest people on earth. I wouldn't wish him on anyone---well, maybe Abby---let alone a character as potentially interesting, layered and vibrant as Theresa. Plus, as uptight as I realize this makes me, I just can't get behind a coupling that seemed based primarily on a mutual love for drugs, semi-meaningless sex and juvenile "partying." Just...ugh, not exactly the stuff from which true romance is sprung, you know?! Then again, this show is so abysmal at depicting romance that I'm not sure who I WOULD want paired with anyone at this point. Mostly I just want the very few characters I still like to kill of the many characters I loathe. 

• Love 2

I'm perfectly happy never to see Jack on screen ever again.

Every time someone refers to Abigail as "beautiful" I rewind the scene and turn on the close captioning to make sure I'm hearing it right. Pretty, ok. Beautiful. No.

I know it's wrong to hit someone over the head with a fireplace poker, but I think Theresa should get a pass on this. 

I, too, would be happy to never see Jack again. Have not, nor will I ever, get past his rape of Kayla. 

I think KM is sleeping with the writers to get them to write that stuff. It's the only explanation that makes sense. She's not ugly, but she's not stunning by any means, although I do think she'd look better in her natural color.  In the last week it's been pretty clear she's long over due for a dye job. 

I'm also all for Theresa getting a pass too. 

Re: Belle & Shawn--I liked Jason Cook with both MM and KS. I hated NuShawn. At that point I started rooting for Belle and Philip as long as they were played by MM and JKJ. There was some hot chemistry there. Did not like the Real World Philip though.  That has to be the only soap triangle that I've flipped sides on as the actors changed.  I always hated Mimi though.

Re: Passions-- Fox Crane/Justin Hartley....need I say more? The show might have been the campiest thing daytime has ever seen but it was worth watching an hour of it if JH was on screen. 

• Love 3

While I don't mind this Brady - I'll always be partial to Kyle Lowder's Brady - he didn't seem to be quite the dim bulb that this one is (plus I was always partial to his Brady & Chloe)

I miss JKJ - I wish they could find a way to bring him back

I want to see more of Lucas

I really don't mind Jordan/Tammy Sue - I think she has good chemistry with Chad & hope the show actually explores their relationship (& I'm also hoping if he's with Jordan they won't think they need to stick him with Abigail)

• Love 1

I have been enjoying DOOL without Sami. Her immature, histrionic personality disorder was exhausting. 

I absolutely LOVE the show without her or EJ! I liked her okay but there was too much Sami on the show. Nobody needs to be featured that much. It's wonderful having lots of different people interacting. I love that Will is gone too - personally I could do without the character on the show. He's a spineless, whiny, entitled twerp no matter who plays him.

I'm a sucker for blue eyes & dark hair (which is probably why I like Nu-Chad so much)

Shallow post but I agree. I don't know many of the characters since I'm usually bored at work and just watch it but Chad is a good looking dude. My type for sure. I like the suits he wears too. They do need more camp and less drama, my goodness. Take a chill pill people!

• Love 2

Shallow post but I agree. I don't know many of the characters since I'm usually bored at work and just watch it but Chad is a good looking dude. My type for sure. I like the suits he wears too. They do need more camp and less drama, my goodness. Take a chill pill people!

I agree! I love when soaps use a lot of humor. I can't take too much angst and relationship drama.

And ITA about finding the NuChad VERY attractive and sexy - he's not conventionally handsome but that's never been my type of guy. I love the Jeff Goldblums of the world!

• Love 2

I think I may be alone in this, but I'm liking Paul.  I think the actor is okay and frankly it's a nice change IMO to see someone in a storyline that doesn't revolve around or involve Jenn or Abigail or Dan, at least not to any great extent so far.

And if this is the introduction to a decent Sonny-centric storyline, I'm all in favor.

• Love 2

My only problem with him is that he flirts with Abifail.

LP, I agree, that is disturbing.  If it continues, then they need to check to see if he has that trusty soap opera standby, the brain tumor.

He flirts with every woman.

If Paul looks at Jenn and give her the eye then we'll KNOW it's a brain tumor for sure.

• Love 4

Well, Jenn does have that superhero man shield.  The crossed arms she displayed within seconds of walking into her house. Or heck, maybe she wants to nod her head and call the next guy master.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

This is going to make me sound like my standards are a lot higher than they actually are, but I don't find any of the guys on this show attractive. A few are objectively handsome in a bland, Chippendale's stripper sort of way, but I just don't find any of them personally appealing. I think that might be in part because I've always been attracted to intelligent men, and...well...you know.... :) 

• Love 7

I don't mind Paul now - he doesn't but me like he did when they first showed him.

I think Billy Flynn while not conventionally handsome is extremely sexy - i think it's the way he carries himself & how those blue eyes just draw you in.

And while Greg Vaughn & Eric Martsolf are good looking - they are not my cup of tea.   I'll take Peter Reckell & Stephen Nichols over them any day.

• Love 2