Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

An UO from years back- I kind of liked RoboJohn and liked RoboJohn and Nicole's oddly friendly relationship. While he endured Nicole using him as a sounding board, there were some moments where he seemed to have sympathy for her and it was nice for a while that Nicole had someone to confide in. I kind of wished that when John's brainwashing wore off that he remembered a little of Nicole's vulnerability and that some semblance of that understanding vibe still remained between them.

• Love 2

I kind of liked RoboJohn

I liked RoboJohn as well. MUCH better than "real" John. I think DH tries, but he can't act. RoboJohn was within his acting ability.

His interactions with his granddaughter were really great, too.

• Love 3

If Kristen killed herself, she would still find a way to blame someone else. I'm not big on camp, but I think I could stand her campy freakouts if she at least took responsibility for her own actions (someone on the show should be able to do that, right?). I notice a lot of viewers saying that Kristen owns her behaviour, but I've never seen her do that -- it's always John's fault, or Marlena's fault, or Brady's fault, or God's. Yeah, whatever. 

Sandman, I hope I've never given the impression that I thought Kristen owned her bad behavior because I sure don't think that's true.  I agree that she blames everyone else for her misfortune.  I find that is quite common in the Salem citizens.  I like Kristen despite that - I find her highly entertaining even though she's also infuriating.  I guess for me, the main thing I want from my soap characters is that they entertain me. And ED knows how to bring it.  So did Blake Berris and the unfortunate Nick.  And right now AS/Sami, whom I normally cannot stand, has my full support.  She's in revenge mode, full steam ahead, and doesn't care what wreckage she leaves behind.  Just like Krazy Kristen.  I'm loving these nutcakes!

• Love 2
I find her highly entertaining even though she's also infuriating.  I guess for me, the main thing I want from my soap characters is that they entertain me. And ED knows how to bring it.

Amen! And this show has just far, far too many really flat, dull characters and slooooowly paced storylines that ultimately go nowhere IMO. (Granted, as a relative soap newbie, it may just be that the pace of soaps in general isn't for me---with five hours a week to fill, I guess it's inevitable that many scenes and storylines are going to drag!) KrazyKristen at least brings some energy, which I think this show sorely needs. She doesn't just sit around and talk and talk and talk about other people's love lives for several episodes. She's actually one of the few characters who DOES things, even if we hate what she's doing. She drives me nuts sometimes, but somehow I'd rather have a character who elicits at least *something* from me (especially on my soaps, which I want to be fun and over the top and a touch campy) beyond just the yawns that most other DooL characters inspire. Love Sami or hate her or somewhere in between, her departure will (for me!) mean that one of the very few Days characters with any spirit and personality will be exiting the canvas, so for me Kristen is even more welcome. 

• Love 1

And this show has just far, far too many really flat, dull characters and slooooowly paced storylines that ultimately go nowhere IMO. (Granted, as a relative soap newbie, it may just be that the pace of soaps in general isn't for me---with five hours a week to fill, I guess it's inevitable that many scenes and storylines are going to drag!)

It's not just you, I feel like this show has gotten noticeably more boring over the last few years. Things have gotten so bad for me that the Kumi revenge story is the only thing holding my interest. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when Sami leaves. My only hope seems to be Theresa, but they seem intent on writing her into a corner so who knows.

• Love 3

There's hope for Theresa and Nicole. Any character can come back from anything. Look how many people still root for Sami in spite of all that she's done, or EJ, or freaking Kate, who is a certified psychopath, or Victor. Sami almost killed John, I don't see why Theresa can't do the same and bounce right back!

• Love 2

Kristen is completely evil and does horrible things, but I still greatly enjoy the character.  And yet, Sami and Kate act the same way, and a little of them goes a very long way.  I'm over their storyline already.   Not sure why that is. 

• Love 2

Lord help me, but but I still don't hate Rafe. Maybe it's because he's among the only Days' men I find handsome and, yes, I AM that shallow! Maybe it's because I'm a lifelong crime drama and mystery lover, so I'm predisposed to like detectives....even the hilariously bad ones.  Or maybe it's just that there are so many other characters I hate for so many reasons that Rafe just doesn't seem that egregiously awful to me by comparison. Days has set the bar REALLY low :) 

• Love 1

I agree that Rafe is very pretty and I do like him when he's got that twinkle in his eyes.  I did not enjoy him with Sami, especially when they were in that awful tiny apartment with their coma-inducing conversations.  And I absolutely cannot stand him with Jordan.  But that's mostly her fault, she is so boring and scrunchy-faced.

• Love 2

Okay, um...my hands are shaking...here it goes...

I mostly liked Melanie.  (There I said it)  

When she first came to Salem as Max's bratty sister and then with her, Carly and Dan in family scenes.  I thought she worked well with CC and LS and JA.  I liked that she didn't look like the typical female soap actress, and I didn't like Stephanie or SH, so.  Hated her romantic parings.  I know she had quirks people hated.  I think I have pretty high quirk tolerance levels, otherwise I'd have to hate myself.  I'm even wearing pigtail braids!  Though I look (and act) more like Wednesday Addams than Pippy Longstocking. 

I will see myself out now.  Thanks for the whiskey.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

It's okay SwordQueen, I didn't mind Melanie either. I certainly like her more than Abigail and if Melanie returns, I am hoping that Abby will be pushed off the stage for a while.  Anything's better than 24/7 Abigail/KM.

I think my unpopular opinion is that I'm not particularly interested in the young crowd.  Other than T, I find most of them boring and their stories dull.  Sonny would probably be a lot more interesting without Will and I hope Will's latest scheme blows up their marriage.  I did like the JJ/Rory/Bev interactions because it was something beyond the usual love story junk, but the writers destroyed that friendship with the arrival of Paige.  I still don't understand why Rory and Bev had to become assholes just so JJ could be with Paige.  I think JJ could deal with more than one friendship.  Anyways, whatever happened, I'm just don't really care about anyone on the show under 21.  With the exception of Ciara who is brilliantly diabolical.  I've got my eye on that girl!

• Love 4

Admittedly, much of my anti-Melanie stance is based on her giggly baby talk and the way that Stephanie and Nick were destroyed in order to give her meaty storylines. I probably could have overlooked the former if it weren't for the latter. Stephanie is Patch and Kayla's kid, she didn't deserve to play second fiddle to a newbie. I liked SH okay, but maybe they needed a stronger actress in the role? 

My unpopular opinion today is that I love what Will's doing. I think Will is an ass and I think it's stupid, and this would all work better if it weren't about Abby, but I love that a child of Sami's has the same vindictiveness towards her that she had towards Marlena. I know there's a lot of disagreement, but Sami's reaction to Marlena and John's affair and the resulting hatred of Marlena seemed so over the top to me. Yeah, Marlena is cold, but it couldn't have been easy, even with all of her medical training, raising a budding sociopath (though Hope seems to be doing okay with it). As nonsensical as it all is, I'm just in this part of the story for the schadenfreude. It's going to blow up in his face, too, which is just an added bonus.

• Love 2

It's okay SwordQueen, I didn't mind Melanie either. I certainly like her more than Abigail and if Melanie returns, I am hoping that Abby will be pushed off the stage for a while.  Anything's better than 24/7 Abigail/KM.

I think my unpopular opinion is that I'm not particularly interested in the young crowd.  Other than T, I find most of them boring and their stories dull.  Sonny would probably be a lot more interesting without Will and I hope Will's latest scheme blows up their marriage.  I did like the JJ/Rory/Bev interactions because it was something beyond the usual love story junk, but the writers destroyed that friendship with the arrival of Paige.  I still don't understand why Rory and Bev had to become assholes just so JJ could be with Paige.  I think JJ could deal with more than one friendship.  Anyways, whatever happened, I'm just don't really care about anyone on the show under 21.  With the exception of Ciara who is brilliantly diabolical.  I've got my eye on that girl!

Love, love your post, sunnyheart.  I agree that except for T, and Sonny when he gets to be a Kiriakis, the teen/YA scene is sorely lacking in personality.  I also loved Rory and Bev and actually felt a little pissed when they went a had them turn on JJ and start acting a fool.  Guess they wanted to exaggerate the stereotypes a bit more wrt "good kids" and "stoner kids".  I don't mind Paige so much now that she has finally been shown to have an independent thought.   

Ciara is just my favorite person ever.  Its so hard to find child actors who can actually emote in character and even harder to find ones who can create their own persona at that age.  I remember when she used to hide in PRs arms because she was so shy.  I never thought she would end up owning most of the scenes she was in.  And I just get a kick out of her being Hope's daughter.  She does actually seem a fitting daughter of Bo as well.  Just as long as she doesn't get too precious and the show goes into GH kid territory with her.   

Admittedly, much of my anti-Melanie stance is based on her giggly baby talk and the way that Stephanie and Nick were destroyed in order to give her meaty storylines. I probably could have overlooked the former if it weren't for the latter. Stephanie is Patch and Kayla's kid, she didn't deserve to play second fiddle to a newbie. I liked SH okay, but maybe they needed a stronger actress in the role? 

Yeah, I thought some of her mannerisms were a bit much, however I would take an awkward, defiant, giggly teenager/YA over the virginal boring beauty queens that were/are Stephanie and Abigail (Haha, am I projecting much?).  I felt the same way about Belle for a long time, too.  I liked Chelsea though, she had some fire.  Mimi was about half okay, half completely fucking annoying.  I loved Nick at first (he was such a cutie), but I am glad he's gone now and I didn't think they necessarily destroyed him for Melanie.  The whole SL was stupid, I thought.  In fact, I wasn't too thrilled with any of the YA storylines during that time, but not because of one particular actor/character. 

I think the reason I don't mind a newbie like Melanie hogging the air time from Stephanie was because she herself (as a character and an actress) was a newbie.  We didn't get to watch her grow up onscreen, so there wasn't an emotional attachment for me.  I do prize legacy children over general newbies though and I agree that a different actress in the role may have made all the difference.  I felt no familial connection between her, and Steve and Kayla.   

I really want Sami to end her time on the series happily single. 

*whispers* Some sick part of me misses twisted Nick. Unlike about 85-90% of the current canvas, at least Nick had a shred of personality and did things other than just blather on endlessly about other people's love lives scene after scene after scene. I mean, he's AWFUL, obviously, but I find awful more entertaining than the sanctimonious, lifeless lumps we're stuck with now. 

I don't really care about any of the current actual or would-be couples. I would so much rather half these characters be killed off and for the show to become a deliciously campy 'whodunit' for the remainder of its run. 

• Love 2

Both Stephanie and Melanie seemed equal to me in terms of personality, so when both guys wanted Melanie over Stephanie, who is clearly far more beautiful, I didn't get that at all.

To clarify, I don't think you need to be a beauty queen to get a guy, but I don't think Melanie had that weird "it" factor that would make a guy want her over someone else. Under other circumstances, a guy wanting Melanie on her own, without being in competition with someone else, wouldn't be strange, but the fact that these guys were willing to dump some other lady they'd been in a relationship with for some time just for her struck me as a bit strange.

Edited by bantering
*whispers* Some sick part of me misses twisted Nick. Unlike about 85-90% of the current canvas, at least Nick had a shred of personality and did things other than just blather on endlessly about other people's love lives scene after scene after scene. I mean, he's AWFUL, obviously, but I find awful more entertaining than the sanctimonious, lifeless lumps we're stuck with now.

Oh listen!  I freaking ADORED Nick/BB!  I loved his delivery of his lines and his big, pouty lips and his hipster scarf and latte.  I am beyond disappointed that they let the Nick Revenge story be all about boring Will and Gabi and the baby again.  It could have been so good.  BB was totally up for the challenge.  Yes, he was ridiculous, but he could have been such a good, fun villian if only they had let him get out of Will's orbit.  Another wasted opportunity.

I don't really care about any of the current actual or would-be couples. I would so much rather half these characters be killed off and for the show to become a deliciously campy 'whodunit' for the remainder of its run. 

mstaken, I think you and I agreed over at TWoP that we prefer storylines that aren't about couples and love and romance.  I don't know if it's because I have such a cynical soul, but I find love stories so dull for the most part.  I like couples that have spark and zest, but that's rare these days.  I'd much rather have murder mysteries and adventures and wild diabolical villians.  In the old soap days, a witty, bickering couple would fall in love while they were off on an uncharted island solving a crime.  Now that's a romance I can get into! 

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 3

Both Stephanie and Melanie seemed equal to me in terms of personality, so when both guys wanted Melanie over Stephanie, who is clearly far more beautiful, I didn't get that at all.

To clarify, I don't think you need to be a beauty queen to get a guy, but I don't think Melanie had that weird "it" factor that would make a guy want her over someone else. Under other circumstances, a guy wanting Melanie on her own, without being in competition with someone else, wouldn't be strange, but the fact that these guys were willing to dump some other lady they'd been in a relationship with for some time just for her struck me as a bit strange.

See, I didn't think Stephanie was actually more beautiful than Melanie, looks-wise or personality-wise.  She may have a more conventional beauty by certain standards, but I don't think that's what makes someone beautiful.  And that is exactly what I liked; It wasn't the typical boy pushes quirky girl out of the way to get to the beauty queen.  Guys in real life actually do often prefer women who aren't conventional or who have physical "flaws".  It was just nice to be able to watch that in a medium which mostly caters to showing off conventionally beautiful people.  Now there's nothing wrong with conventional beauty, but showing over and over again that men only prefer that is not true to life. 

I always loved the relationship between Nancy and Craig for instance.  He just adored her and was so attracted to her.  She wasn't a conventional beauty.  I thought it was realistic and was glad to have that represented on the show.  I always wish soaps had more variety with all kinds of people, physically, personality-wise, racially, religiously, sexually, etc. -- it gets too boring [for me] otherwise. 

Eta again:  I don't generally find conventional beauty as attractive as other traits in people, so that's where my pov is coming from.  In fact, I have rarely, if ever, been attracted to the actors on soaps, although I can objectively recognize beauty in them.  Soaps just don't represent my people.  lol 

mstaken, I think you and I agreed over at TWoP that we prefer storylines that aren't about couples and love and romance.  I don't know if it's because I have such a cynical soul, but I find love stories so dull for the most part.  I like couples that have spark and zest, but that's rare these days.  I'd much rather have murder mysteries and adventures and wild diabolical villians.  In the old soap days, a witty, bickering couple would fall in love while they were off on an uncharted island solving a crime.  Now that's a romance I can get into! 

Yes to everything you said here.  I love mysteries and action adventures that also involve romances and lust and friendship. 

Why, why can't they do that anymore? 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

I think Melanie may be before my time. Are there any specific Melanie-centric youtube clips that you guys would recommend? And someone please, please tell me she's not like her father. Does she at least bathe? ;) 

Amen, sister! 

I understand Melanie is coming back, so be prepared to have the character rammed down the throat.  Is she going to be the new Sami, Queen of Self-righteous Indignation?  I will be glad when Sami is gone, gone, gone. Her brand of melodrama got old years, decades ago. Sami's conversation with Rafe yesterday, Wed. Aug. 6, was absolutely ludicrous. 

I am still waiting for Jordan or even Abby to call Kate an 'old cow'.

• Love 1

I think the writers have gone to far in their determination to keep couples from becoming boring.  Apparently, they believe if a couple is together to long, they get stagnant.  However, to me, breaking all the couples up every other month is just as boring.  There are a lot of other SLs they could write that don't involve all the couples being on the merry-go-round partner swap all the time.

• Love 6

I think the writers have gone to far in their determination to keep couples from becoming boring.  Apparently, they believe if a couple is together to long, they get stagnant.  However, to me, breaking all the couples up every other month is just as boring.  There are a lot of other SLs they could write that don't involve all the couples being on the merry-go-round partner swap all the time.

Oh, I agree.  I don't think a couple has to break up continuously to be exciting - in fact, just the opposite.  I am over the back-and-forth of Jennifer and Daniel and Eric and Nicole.  I think a monogamous couple can be quite fun if the couple works together and are truly meant.  Look at The Thin Man mystery-comedy movies from the 30s.  Nick and Nora adored each other, you never doubted their love, and it was so much fun watching them interact.  The problem with the Days writers is that they don't have anywhere near that kind of talent.

• Love 3

I think Melanie may be before my time. Are there any specific Melanie-centric youtube clips that you guys would recommend? And someone please, please tell me she's not like her father. Does she at least bathe? ;)

There is actually a clip on YouTube where she and Nathan were doing an in-scene commercial for Cheerios.  Yes, you read that right.  This was back in the day when Days actually did over-the-top product placement right in the middle of the action.

• Love 1

I suppose it was Daniel who made Melanie so boring. She did seem sort of weirdly interesting trying to introduce those Cheerios....Well, at least the actress was trying to make the best of egregiously stupid dialogue.

Edited by bantering

My unpopular opinion today is that I love what Will's doing. I think Will is an ass and I think it's stupid, and this would all work better if it weren't about Abby, but I love that a child of Sami's has the same vindictiveness towards her that she had towards Marlena. I know there's a lot of disagreement, but Sami's reaction to Marlena and John's affair and the resulting hatred of Marlena seemed so over the top to me. Yeah, Marlena is cold, but it couldn't have been easy, even with all of her medical training, raising a budding sociopath (though Hope seems to be doing okay with it). As nonsensical as it all is, I'm just in this part of the story for the schadenfreude. It's going to blow up in his face, too, which is just an added bonus.

This right here.  Although to me it's less about Marlena and more about chickens coming home to roost for Sami.  She and her antics are what Will grew up with.  He's mostly gone in the opposite direction, but just this once (I think), he's going the Sami way to give her a taste of her own medicine. 

Will doesn't have to grow up to be like Sami; in fact, he shouldn't.  But, he was raised in that environment and was directly exposed to the scheming, lying, and the fallout of it did affect him. 

And I agree it will blow up in Will's face.  But I can only see that as good thing for the character.  For the most part, Will has been pretty bland.  He and Sonny as the goody-goody nice couple is kinda boring.  With Gabi gone and Ari rarely seen or heard from now, there needs to be some drama and tension or it will get boring fast.  Easiest way to cause drama is with a 3rd party, but I hate triangles.  So, I'd much rather see Will expressing some of his inner schemer instead.  He's got plenty of influence between Sami, EJ, Kate and even Lucas.  Though, as I said before, Lucas, unlike the others has actually grown up and become a decent person.  So, actually scheming Will could add some tension between Will and Lucas as well as Will and Sonny. 

With Sami going, they are going to need someone to fill that scheming void.  I think it'd be interesting to see it be a guy for a change.  I mean, we have Eve, but she's pretty well laser-focused on Jennifer rather than just being a genuine troublemaker. 

Eric sucks!!! It's one thing to be upset about what has happened, but then to blame the person who flew to Rome to help you?? Talk about being a hypocrite....I am soo hoping that if his feelings for her come out, she does not go back to him- she may have done something wrong, but she made up for it and she at least didn't rape him or like his mama show the tape to the whole church!! He needs to grow up and maybe get out of Salem and do something productive- besides walk around pissed at Nicole because she is sooo bad!!! If they do get back together, I see it working out until something else comes up which he can blame Nicole for and the 2 of them start fighting and ugh... Honestly, I kinda wished the Vatican would of told him no, we don't believe you despite all the evidence and after observing how you treated someone who came all this way to help you, we do not think you should stay as a priest...

He is just a mama and daddy's favorite child because he Is as judgemental as they are!! I would not be going to that church with Eric as the priest... He does nothing special and I now am glad wen that parent from the school punched him in the face after hearing about the video... I wish Nicole would of slapped him in the courtyard, even though he would of lectured her... They just need to find other people... Eric could be alone or with Jen- and Nicole could leave Salem and find someone way better...

Eric just bugs me because of how he claims to be in love with Nicole, yet treats her like garbage and tells her he hates her... Really??!!! I know she has made mistakes, but father droopy drawers Eric should be able to forgive her... If he can forgive Theresa, he needs to practice what he preaches.... Oh wait...Theresa's family... Never mind....

Yeah.. Will needs to get cheated on....

I really wish they would bring on Sonny's ex, whom he once called the worst person in the world.

Yeah... Will needs to be cheated on.... Let him be a single parent for awhile... Or he could go with Abigail....

I really think the actress with the super curly glorious head of hair (who interacts alot with Theresa) that is some kind of hospital administrator is a really decent actress and they should find a place for her on the show in a more expanded role. I kinda wish they would put her with Lucas. Have her be a schemer for him and then they could fall in love. Lucas needs a storyline and a love interest STAT!

I don't find Brady attractive. I can see where others would but to me he looks like a cheap Chippendale stripper who does gay for pay porn on the side. His veneers are also the worst. They are too big and so damn distracting. It is like he has a mouth full of subway tiles. I don't hate the character just tired of him being the village idiot.

I find the minor periphery teen players more interesting and dynamic than the main featured contract players. JJ and Paige just ain't happening for me. It is the whole good wholesome virgin girl with the hoe-ish bad boy trope that has been done to death.

This is gonna sound so mean but damn that Paige girl has a weird ass shaped long head. It is frigging mesmerizing. I find her on the one hand to be a pretty girl and on the other I am like 'damn her head is huge. Is she from Easter Island?' I will say that she has an amazing head of hair.

I don't think the actor who plays Sonny is a good actor. He is so flat to me and I don't think him and nuWill  have chemistry.

I don't like Jen but I am rooting for Jen in the Jen vs Eve storyline.

I am meh on Kristen at this point. I feel like TPTB are at the point of damn near tappin that well dry. The only thing I am slightly looking forward to is the Brady/Kristen confrontation.

See, I didn't think Stephanie was actually more beautiful than Melanie, looks-wise or personality-wise.  She may have a more conventional beauty by certain standards, but I don't think that's what makes someone beautiful.  And that is exactly what I liked; It wasn't the typical boy pushes quirky girl out of the way to get to the beauty queen.  Guys in real life actually do often prefer women who aren't conventional or who have physical "flaws".  It was just nice to be able to watch that in a medium which mostly caters to showing off conventionally beautiful people.  Now there's nothing wrong with conventional beauty, but showing over and over again that men only prefer that is not true to life

One only needs to look online and see the way men froth at the mouth over Emma Watson to see the truth of this statement. I always thought of her as kinda plain looking and unremarkable so I was shocked to see so many dudes sweating her.

• Love 1

I don't find Brady attractive. I can see where others would but to me he looks like a cheap Chippendale stripper who does gay for pay porn on the side. His veneers are also the worst. They are too big and so damn distracting. It is like he has a mouth full of subway tiles. I don't hate the character just tired of him being the village idiot.

This post of yours is a thing of beauty and should live forever.  To paraphrase the Browning poem in regard to Brady's teeth....

How do I love thee,

Let my count those choppers.

If that dimwit had anywhere near the same IQ number as he has teeth he might not have the intelligence of a dead flashlight battery.

And I'm not a fan of the hairless look he sports either.  He must go through Nair like Jawn goes through adult diapers.

• Love 1

An UO from years back- I kind of liked RoboJohn and liked RoboJohn and Nicole's oddly friendly relationship. While he endured Nicole using him as a sounding board, there were some moments where he seemed to have sympathy for her and it was nice for a while that Nicole had someone to confide in. I kind of wished that when John's brainwashing wore off that he remembered a little of Nicole's vulnerability and that some semblance of that understanding vibe still remained between them.

I LOVED RoboJohn, he was so funny and blunt and his relationship with Nicole was something I will always cherish.

• Love 2
I don't think the actor who plays Sonny is a good actor. He is so flat to me and I don't think him and nuWill  have chemistry.

I don't think Freddie Smith is very good either, for exactly the same reason.  He's very cute, though, and way better than the new guy who plays Will.

I really love Freddie Smith and I think he's one of the better actors.  I don't follow the interviews but I remember something about him warmly welcoming GW as Will.  Possibly because CM somehow outshined him in the cuteness department with some people and he felt he had a chance to be the lead with GW?  And he is. He's really great in scenes with Victor too.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I really think the actress with the super curly glorious head of hair (who interacts alot with Theresa) that is some kind of hospital administrator is a really decent actress and they should find a place for her on the show in a more expanded role. I kinda wish they would put her with Lucas. Have her be a schemer for him and then they could fall in love. Lucas needs a storyline and a love interest STAT!

The hospital administrator is Anne played by Meredith Scott Lynn and I agree that she is brilliant. I desperately want them to expand her character.  She's a great actress and can be really funny.  I like your idea of putting her with Lucas - I think their energies would play well off of each other and I also think BD could keep up with her in the acting department.

LOL about your summation of Brady - ITA!  I don't think he's very handsome either.  He also does this stand/pose with his head tilted and pursed lips which is straight out of Zoolander. Ben Stiller does that pose too as the male model and Brady makes me laugh every time he does it.

• Love 3

I don't know where I stand on FS or Sonny. I want to like both, but Sonny's so boring and FS isn't given any material to really show me what he's got.

From a story telling perspective, in a genre where romantic partnerships are the cornerstone, making Will and Sonny gay may not have been a good idea if they're going to be the only ones in town. Considering that there's still backlash about seeing 2 guys kissing, I don't see the show having the guts to cast one or two more gay characters to mix it up. Sonny's stuck with Will. Unless they recast and pick a definite personality for Will, I don't see how I'll ever care about their relationship, and by extension, Sonny. 

They need to get him away from Will, give him a story of his own, tell the homophobic viewers to shove it and find him a worthy partner. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith that they will do that last one.

• Love 2

I'm always thrilled to see more love for the unpopular Ann! So many of these characters are so humorless and devoid of anything even resembling a personality that snarky, high energy Ann is such a proverbial breath of fresh air for me. Plus, as others have said, I like her look---and in this era of the flat iron, is she the only person on soaps allowed to have curly hair these days?! Since I hold the UO that Lucas is incredibly boring (at least what I've seen of him), I'm actually intrigued by the idea that Ann might give him more life...or at least something resembling  a storyline :) 

• Love 4

mstaken, I think part of the reason Lucas seems so boring is that they only trot him out so he can disapprove and scowl over someone's scheme. He never has anything else to do. I think he has a dry sense of humor and he would play well with Anne's cracking energy. A yin and yang kind of thing. Of course, I'm all for anything that would give these two more airtime.

I LOVE the way Anne looks, much more so than any other female on the show except maybe Theresa.  Anne dresses for her age, but never dowdy. When she wears a wrap dress and boots and that amazing hair and body, she blows away all the more conventionally pretty women on the show. She blows them right out of the water.

• Love 3

I can't stand Anne as a character, but I LOVE that actress. I really love her scenes with Melissa Reeves, who I actually think shines in scenes with the "bad guys" on Days, ironically. Maybe that's why I like Jen best when it comes to her odd friendships, like with Kristen and Nicole for that one month they got along.

• Love 2