Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

These are not unpopular opinions :)

Mine is that I would have rather seen Lucas run off with Sami last November than have him stay to be a barely visible prop to Jennifer and her vague addiction (Get Physio!! You WORK in a HOSPITAL with your Family's NAME on it!!!)

• Love 5

I hated the Sami show after all of the vets were fired in 2009...Sami as a heroine was a bad joke, given all of the horrible stunts that she pulled over the years..Sami worked as an underdog and was more rootable when she got with Lucas..Lumi was her best pairing..I despised Ejami...

• Love 6

I think Freddie Smith had more chemistry with Chandler Massey than with either Christopher Sean or Guy Wilson. And Christopher Sean is dull, whether here or on Hawaii Five-0. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

As for Lucas I do not understand why they are not using him.  He could be banging both Summer and Theresa right now.

Heh. That would give him girlfriends named Autumn and Summer. Could he sleep with all the seasons? (I'm sure there's a joke to be made about Sami being Nuclear Winter, but I can't bring it together.)

• Love 4
(edited)

I hate the way that the show handle  rape storylines but Sami's history with rapes is just too much for me to handle. They used her being raped by Alan to try to explain why Sami became such a lying, scheming bitch only to turn around and have her rape Austin. The only time I could halfway stand watching Sami was when she was with Lucas but then they had EJ rape her then had her rationalize it and fall in love with him..That's not a romance I want to see. To make matters worst, the show had  the daughter of Jennifer and Jack (a couple with their own complicated histories of rape become involved in an affair with EJ is really just too much for me. The show even had EJ mock Eric's own rape by Kristen in Sami's face... Sami falling in love with EJ is like Marlena falling in love with Stefano..I have never understood the appeal of Ejami...Lumi was gold and they made sense, given their complicated history..I loved their green wedding and I foolishly thought it was the beginning of a great future for Lumi, boy was I wrong...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
On 6/4/2016 at 10:38 PM, Sandman said:

I think Freddie Smith had more chemistry with Chandler Massey than with either Christopher Sean or Guy Wilson. And Christopher Sean is dull, whether here or on Hawaii Five-0. 

I agree with the first part.

I strongly disagree with the H50 part. I'm not a Paul fan but I do loves me some Gabriel.

I was going to post an UO but out of fear for my safety, I'll leave it be.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

I agree with the first part.

I strongly disagree with the H50 part. I'm not a Paul fan but I do loves me some Gabriel.

I was going to post an UO but out of fear for my safety, I'll leave it be.

Come on, share!..The great thing about this board, we are not monolithic..All opinions are welcome here...

• Love 3

Part 1: As much as I like Freddie Smith...he seems like a nice guy...I don't think he can act nor do I think he should have won that Emmy. 

Part 2: If we're being honest, I think Blake Berris should have won Chandler's 3rd Emmy for his scene confessing his rape to Gabby. (I don't know if he was even nominated but he should have been). You all know how much I love Chandler so this is saying a lot.

• Love 5

I will always felt that  Eric should have been the one who was screwed up and not Sami...He was named after the child molesting uncle who molested his aunt Kim and many others. I always thought that Sherry Anderson wanted Eric to be the troubled twin, due to a scene that she wrote with little Eric after Roman and Marlena came back from the dead..Sherry Anderson was the queen of planting seeds for future storylines..I always felt that JER made Sami the hellion because she was cast first with Allison Sweeney and Eric was offscreen for many years in Colorado with Marlena's parents...

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I will always felt that  Eric should have been the one who was screwed up and not Sami...He was named after the child molesting uncle who molested his aunt Kim and many others. I always thought that Sherry Anderson wanted Eric to be the troubled twin, due to a scene that she wrote with little Eric after Roman and Marlena came back from the dead..Sherry Anderson was the queen of planting seeds for future storylines..I always felt that JER made Sami the hellion because she was cast first with Allison Sweeney and Eric was offscreen for many years in Colorado with Marlena's parents...

Both twins are unfortunately named, Eric after the child molester uncle, Sami after the CooCoo for Cocoa Puffs attempted murder aunt.  Bas d on names alone, the both were doomed.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate the way that the show handle  rape storylines but Sami's history with rapes is just too much for me to handle. They used her being raped by Alan to try to explain why Sami became such a lying, scheming bitch only to turn around and have her rape Austin. The only time I could halfway stand watching Sami was when she was with Lucas but then they had EJ rape her then had her rationalize it and fall in love with him..That's not a romance I want to see. To make matters worst, the show had  the daughter of Jennifer and Jack (a couple with their own complicated histories of rape become involved in an affair with EJ is really just too much for me. The show even had EJ mock Eric's own rape by Kristen in Sami's face... Sami falling in love with EJ is like Marlena falling in love with Stefano..I have never understood the appeal of Ejami...Lumi was gold and they made sense, given their complicated history..I loved their green wedding and I foolishly thought it was the beginning of a great future for Lumi, boy was I wrong...

If Lumi wasn't going to be end game, then Rafe/Sami should have been.  The show spent years showing Sami pining for Rafe or Lucas trying to work things out with them while EJ was always in the background there for the taking if Sami wanted him, and Sami was always, "Yeah, I'm not interested I would rather daydream about Rafe/Lucas and what might could be with them than go off to a tropical island with you."

• Love 4
(edited)

My unpopular opinion for today is that I hated Georgia/Chelsea storyline. I saw how Billie lost her baby, it is SO ridiculous that they ever brought Chelsea on. Sorry, but Georgia should have stayed dead. I think that Chelsea was just another slap in the face to Bo & Hope fans by JER. He really hated the supercouples. He and Langan had a beef with the supercouples of the past and did everything in their power to dismantle them..That's why he had Hope sleep with Patrick and Bo sleep with Billie (again!) in 2006 and why he had every intention of making sure that Hope had Patrick's baby. Bo going back and forth between Hope and Billie was so out of character. It would have had more gravitas, if Bo was torn between Carly and Hope...I know that the show did that in the 2000's with Carly's return..If it had occurred  during the 90's at the height of Bo/Carly popularity..It would have been more compelling.

A Hope/Bo/Carly should have been like the  Marlena/John/Isabella triangle, where both women loved the man, but formed a strong friendship, in spite of that fact..Carly and Hope being antagonistic to one another never worked for me, due to the fact that Carly brought life back to Bo's life and Shawn-Douglas' life, after Hope was presumed dead. Not to mention, she saved Hope's son and prevented him from going deaf. As a Carly fan, it was painful to see the town treat her like a pariah, when she came back to Salem..I won't even rant about her connection the orange doctor and his insipid daughter Melanie..

I never saw the appeal of Bo/Billie, her obsession with Bo was off-putting....It made sense due to her issues with addiction..Some addicts will trade one addiction for another..I liked Billie when she was single, confident and not obsessing over Bo and interacting with her brothers..I liked that Billie over needy and desperate Billie..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never saw the appeal of Bo/Billie

Not unpopular with me. At ALL. I hated Bo/Billie, no matter who was playing them. And, yeah, JER had a lot to do with it. He was weird, anyway. I remember a mention somewhere on another site (forget which) that mentioned him in some interview claiming Bo could not return to Hope as he had made vows in front of God to Billie or some crap.

Hello. It's a SOAP. I think he just wanted HIS creations to have as much importance as the classic couples. And I'm sorry, but no.

ETA: And as much as I adore(d) Bo/Hope, I did like Bo/Carly 1.0. And I think a story between the three in the '90s could have been compelling when the writing was there to back it up.

Carly's return, change of the town's perception of her when she actually did come back, etc., not so much. (But I think that was a whole mess no thanks to Nelson Branco and alleged tension between CC/KA, so...)

• Love 1

My unpopular opinion is that I can't stand MAMI. She is pointless and irritating, and I fast forward her every time. I never needed sad sack Rafe's family fleshed out. Gabi is fine, and Dario is good w/ Nicole, but man, every time I see Mami I feel like screaming.

• Love 3

My unpopular opinion is that all couples, even supercouples should end if the writers have run them into the ground.  This didn't used to be true, but the writers nowadays pile on so much drama, baggage, misery and angst, that I end up wondering why on Earth I would want the couple to get back together.  Then they do the opposite with other couples.  They tease the fans forever about putting them together, never do, viewers get fed up and lose interest.

I came very close to leaving this show after the Ericole fiasco. The teasing, angst and thoroughly bad writing in the aftermath was unforgivable by TPTB. Even GV had negative things to say about it. What happened to him, his character was turned into a drunk and he got fired. 

What makes me glad that I didn't leave. Steve and Kayla. But the stupid Joey and cult thing ruined that for a while too.

• Love 2

I like Dario. Maybe it's the way my ovaries do little somersaults when he's onscreen or maybe it's because he's into Nicole and not just because she looks like a dead ex. I'm not sure of the reason, but I like him. I don't mind him gawking at Bianca, because, well, she's pretty attractive and he's human. And I don't mind that he holds his leaving the family against Eduardo. In a land where people are forgiven way too easily, I like a little well placed grudge.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm really going to admit that I just didn't care either way about Abigail and harbored no strong feelings towards "Jar-Jar", as they put it.

After the "Babe is Love Years" on AMC and the unrelenting twenty-year propping of Sony on General Hospital, I just can't get that worked up about her.

I just didn't see how Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford could have produced a kid that looks like Kate Mansi, hair bleaching aside. Oh, well. Casey Moss doesn't really look much like them, either.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm on Team Dario. Get that assassin/deadbeat Dad out of the picture.

Sure, Dario is a bad guy too, but maybe that's why he can understand how tainted Eddie is by the awful things he's done.

• Love 2

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I cannot stand the way that Claire sings.  Today she was singing "Amazing Grace," and I don't know what the technique is called that she's using to present her voice, but she sounds like she's singing with a mouth full of marbles.....Instead of "wretch," in the song, it comes out as "wetch".....That whole, whiney-folksy-nasally-marbles-in-your-mouth voice is horrible.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:11 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I'm probably alone in this, but I'm on Team Dario. Get that assassin/deadbeat Dad out of the picture.

This is probably because I’m one of the few on this board who actually does like Eduardo, but I am not Team Dario when it comes to him and don’t see why anyone would be, especially given the following two points:

1. I could get somewhat behind what he’s been doing to Eduardo if he were the only person he’d left when he was a kid.  But he wasn’t.  He left Adriana, Rafe, and Gabi, too, and they still want to slowly rebuild relationships with him.  That is their right, and Dario should be respecting that right, since they are, for the most part, respecting his right to not want anything to do with Eduardo.  They made their choice, and he needed to accept it.  By trying to manipulate things so he left town the way that he did, he basically took their choice in the situation away.  He took their power in the situation away.  That is not cool.  At all.

2. Dario will probably claim that he drove his father out of town for the rest of his family.  But that’s bullshit.  He didn’t do it for them.  He did it for himself.  He did it for his personal satisfaction out of nothing more than his intense anger, bitterness, hatred, and stubbornness.  All of which are very understandable and very valid, but he had no right to screw over the rest of his family and play god with all of their lives over all of those feelings.

I am on Dario’s side when it comes to Nicole, though.  My UO is that I hope that Nicole comes to her senses and sees the real guy with whom she’d be good.  I don’t even dislike her with Deimos all that much.  I just think that she’d be much better with Dario since Arianne has way better, hotter chemistry with Jordi than she does with Vincent.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Michel said:

This is probably because I’m one of the few on this board who actually does like Eduardo, but I am not Team Dario when it comes to him and don’t see why anyone would be, especially given the following two points:

1. I could get somewhat behind what he’s been doing to Eduardo if he were the only person he’d left when he was a kid.  But he wasn’t.  He left Adriana, Rafe, and Gabi, too, and they still want to slowly rebuild relationships with him.  That is their right, and Dario should be respecting that right, since they are, for the most part, respecting his right to not want anything to do with Eduardo.  They made their choice, and he needed to accept it.  By trying to manipulate things so he left town the way that he did, he basically took their choice in the situation away.  He took their power in the situation away.  That is not cool.  At all.

2. Dario will probably claim that he drove his father out of town for the rest of his family.  But that’s bullshit.  He didn’t do it for them.  He did it for himself.  He did it for his personal satisfaction out of nothing more than his intense anger, bitterness, hatred, and stubbornness.  All of which are very understandable and very valid, but he had no right to screw over the rest of his family and play god with all of their lives over all of those feelings.

Well said.

• Love 5

With so much talk in the other threads about the legacy children I wanted to share my opinion about that.   I have watched the show off and on since Sammi was a teenager.  I admit I have missed a lot 

.   Anyway here it goes 

Brady mannerisms, his voice his loyalty to his friends remind me so much of John. 

Claire drive to succeed,her not listening to the wiser adults in her life remind me of Belle.   Claire seems quick at times and that reminds me of her dad 

Joey I know there is a lot of hate for him here besides the murder (I know)  he acts like so many young men.  So impulsive.  Which reminds me of Steve.  His letting Claire free surrendering himself remind me of something Kayla and Steve would do. 

Ciara falls in love easily and quickly.  She is fiercely loyal to those she cares about.  She also gets mad easily and tells it straight.  Those traits are from her parents. 

I don't really know shayne and Kim.  However when Kim came to the hospital when Tate was born, talking a mile a minute and taking control that did remind me of Teresa 

wow this is long ! 

My mom once told me take your husband and your worst traits and that will be your child. (Thanks mom LOL)

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, tribeca said:

With so much talk in the other threads about the legacy children I wanted to share my opinion about that.   I have watched the show off and on since Sammi was a teenager.  I admit I have missed a lot 

.   Anyway here it goes 

Brady mannerisms, his voice his loyalty to his friends remind me so much of John. 

Claire drive to succeed,her not listening to the wiser adults in her life remind me of Belle.   Claire seems quick at times and that reminds me of her dad 

Joey I know there is a lot of hate for him here besides the murder (I know)  he acts like so many young men.  So impulsive.  Which reminds me of Steve.  His letting Claire free surrendering himself remind me of something Kayla and Steve would do. 

Ciara falls in love easily and quickly.  She is fiercely loyal to those she cares about.  She also gets mad easily and tells it straight.  Those traits are from her parents. 

I don't really know shayne and Kim.  However when Kim came to the hospital when Tate was born, talking a mile a minute and taking control that did remind me of Teresa 

wow this is long ! 

My mom once told me take your husband and your worst traits and that will be your child. (Thanks mom LOL)

To add to your list: Abigail's obsessiveness with both EJ and Austin is like Jack's obsession with Kayla...

Kim did have two alternate personalities. Claire and Lacey, perhaps that explains Theresa's nastiness...

I never expected the legacy children to be carbon copies of their parents. but, good writing that is character driven  and sensical would temper their horrible traits....Sadly, we don't have that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, thebeanweasel said:

Here's my hugely Unpopular Opinion...I don't like any of the teens. As actors or as characters. Yes, even Theo.

I don't think that's a hugely unpopular opinion. lol

• Love 2
10 hours ago, thebeanweasel said:

Here's my hugely Unpopular Opinion...I don't like any of the teens. As actors or as characters. Yes, even Theo.

I agree with this with the exception of Theo.  KP is doing really well.  He's the only one worth keeping.  I dont know if Joey is a salvageable character no matter who plays him -- they never hold have turned him into a cold-blooded, premeditated murderer.  I dont know if the character can come back from that.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

I agree with this with the exception of Theo.  KP is doing really well.  He's the only one worth keeping.  I dont know if Joey is a salvageable character no matter who plays him -- they never hold have turned him into a cold-blooded, premeditated murderer.  I dont know if the character can come back from that.

I don't agree.  I think Olivia Rose Keegan is fine as Claire and wouldn't mind keeping her, either.  She seems to be the second-best actress after Kyler Pettis.  But yeah.  James and Vivian?  Wouldn't miss them if they were recast.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Michel said:

I don't agree.  I think Olivia Rose Keegan is fine as Claire and wouldn't mind keeping her, either.  She seems to be the second-best actress after Kyler Pettis.  But yeah.  James and Vivian?  Wouldn't miss them if they were recast.

I didn't really have a negative opinion of Claire or the actress who plays her, until they morphed her into a self-obsessed, narcissist, who insists on singing all the time, despite not being especially vocally gifted.  It doesn't help that the actress isn't selling the evolution of her character very well.  Days seems not to get it, but sometimes, hiring people with the chops to begin with rather than hoping they develop them along the way is the best course of action.  A year and a half in and the only one who is consistently good is Kyler Pettit, that speak volumes to me. 

• Love 5

I don't really see much daylight between the teens.  Vivian Jovanni is the most wooden, but she has the look and as much of an it factor as you can have when you're that bad an actor.  Olivia Rose Keegan did well in the beginning with Claire, but ever since she morphed into a brat, I haven't enjoyed her.  I think she picked up some of Martha Madison's most unappealing tics, as well.  Kyler Pettis, I wish I could connect with his performances, but I just don't.  James Lastovic is bad at drama and doesn't hit the right note in the push-pull between his parents, but in the rare scenes where he's joking around with the teens, he does really well.  And as much of a douche as he was on social media, I thought the kid playing Chase was decent.

• Love 3