Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Don't forget her one night stand with Roman.  The most nonsensical thing that Roman has ever done considering how much he openly hated Nicole.

Wait, what?  Nicole did Roman?  When and why?  And, ewww.

My first memory of her is she was with  Victor and living in the mansion.  Was she also with Lucas at this time?

I missed several years, but we know she has been with Brady, Daniel, EJ...was she ever actually with Eric?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bannana said:

My first memory of her is she was with  Victor and living in the mansion.  Was she also with Lucas at this time?

I missed several years, but we know she has been with Brady, Daniel, EJ...was she ever actually with Eric?

She and Eric fell in love, but, she dumped him to marry Lucas for a million dollars.  Kate needed Lucas to be married, in order to secure Lucas custody of Will..

• Love 1

Was there ever a period where Eric and Nicole were happy together? It seems like the show has never allowed that.

...and yes, please explain how Eric's father could ever justify sleeping with his son's girlfriend!

Edited by DisneyBoy
6 hours ago, bannana said:

The first question that springs to mind (I either missed this or blocked it out) is, did Nicole run her fingers through his hair and inadvertently lift it off or had Roman superglued it for this night of passion?

It's the little things.......

giphy.gif

(She should be so lucky......)

• Love 1
On 9/17/2017 at 3:40 AM, jaylee-03031 said:

I feel like I am probably the one who who doesn't like Chad and Abby.

No. You're not the only one who doesn't like Chabby.  Most of the time if I like a character, I don't get upset if the pairing isn't my preference. I usually want what the character wants...hence me being pro WilSon. Don't like Sonny but Will did so...swtrgrl is pro WilSon. I don't feel that way with Chabby. I can not stand one thing about Abby so I don't care that she's what Chad wants. 

I really wish they'd have paired Chad and Theresa up. Both characters could be steaming hot together as they fight the dark sides of their nature. Not squeeky clean but not outright evil, either.

However, I adore Billy Flynn and love/prefer his version of Chad to Casey's. IMO, Casey was just a punk kid. No gravitas that was needed to bring Chad from teen loser to Dimera power player. I think Casey is attractive and maybe he can act (I haven't watched his other shows/movies) but when he played Chad? Nothing ever particularly impressed me. In fact, he was so bland (other than looks), I often wondered why Mia, Gabby, Abby and Melanie bothered with all the effort to snag him.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:10 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I will never get the Ben love. The actor was wooden in all of his deliveries and self-conscious. And his physique is the antithesis of sexiness. He's so....plastic. Not natural at all. Both he and Mansi benefitted from the writing in that they both got to play crazy and mug for the camera.

Frankly, the actor playing Dario was better than them combined.

I think this is becoming an UO but I'm more and more glad Marci is on the show. 

I liked Ben. It may be RSW's real life personality that carries over in my head, though. I didn't think he was wooden. As for the character? Anyone who torments Abby is good in my book.

Jordi V. is a great actor. He wasn't that great at the beginning of his GL stint but grew as an actor by the time that finished and then onto his AMC run. Dario could have had potential but they just ruined it. Jordi shoulda been Alex Kiriakis, imo. 

I like Marci. She's finally learned how to kiss. That was super distracting when she first came on. I still think she's a bit meek but she's getting better; growing into the role. I grade on a curve b/c I detest the "acting" job Mansi did. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

The first question that springs to mind (I either missed this or blocked it out) is, did Nicole run her fingers through his hair and inadvertently lift it off or had Roman superglued it for this night of passion?

It's the little things.......

giphy.gif

(She should be so lucky......)

LMAO!!!!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Nicole was actually dating both Lucas and Eric at the same time when she first came on the show. She had a "stronger" connection to Eric but she did really like being with Lucas as well.  Kate offered her 5 million to pick and marry Lucas to help strengthen his custody case for Will against Sami.  This is what ended Sami and Nicole's friendship (Sami discovered Nicole as a model).

Years later when Nicole left the show her final scene was her in a bar and Roman came in, they had a heart to heart and proceeded to have a one night stand (not shown).  Up until that point Roman actually publicly hated Nicole for what she did to Eric and was never shy about letting her know it.  Which is what made the scene so WTF!!!  It might of been the writers at the time just wanting to give Ari an interesting send off scene, not thinking that the character would be back a couple of years later. 

I don't think the one night stand has ever been mentioned since so it might be one of those things we the audience are just supposed to forget about and pretend it never happened.

I don't think there has ever been a period where Nicole and Eric have been a "happy couple".  There always was a push and pull.  After she picked Lucas, Eric moved on to Greta.  When Nicole was finally available Eric cheated on Greta with her but the fallout never materialized into a relationship before Eric left town. 

• Love 5

If I recall correctly, Roman and Billie also had a "thing" after Bo dumped her. And before (I think?) he married Kate. So Roman has had a few eeeewww moments himself, at least since Josh Taylor assumed the role.

And it's kind of depressing, if you think about it, that Josh Taylor (!) has now had the role of Roman longer than either Wayne Northrop or Drake Hogestyn! That is just so very wrong to me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If I recall correctly, Roman and Billie also had a "thing" after Bo dumped her. And before (I think?) he married Kate. So Roman has had a few eeeewww moments himself, at least since Josh Taylor assumed the role.

And it's kind of depressing, if you think about it, that Josh Taylor (!) has now had the role of Roman longer than either Wayne Northrop or Drake Hogestyn! That is just so very wrong to me.

And to top it off Josh Taylor has never had a real decent story with his Roman. Both Wayne and Drake had major stories in their periods of time playing Roman. 

In all fairness though, every time I see Josh, I see Chris. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I mentioned this last week in the other thread but I actually didn't mind the Billie/Roman "thing" years ago.  It was when Krista Allen was playing Billie.  All the couples (John/Marlena, Abe/Lexie, Hope/Bo) were on the hunt around Europe for Stefano and Roman and Billie were always getting teamed up since they were the odd men out. They went out on a couple of dates and flirted a lot but never slept with one another before ultimately deciding not to pursue a relationship.  Also it was referenced years later when Lisa Rinna came back to play Billie.  Before Roman pursued Kate, Billie gave him her blessing in a very sweet goodbye scene between the two characters.

To me the above was always handled with such grace and respect not only for those two characters but for their history on the show as well.  The whole brief storyline was in a way very sweet about two lonely adults looking for comfort.  Now the Roman/Nicole thing was a cheap farewell stunt that hasn't been mentioned since.

I'll take more of the Roman/Billie version of Roman over any of the other ones.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:18 AM, mj2000 said:

And to top it off Josh Taylor has never had a real decent story with his Roman. Both Wayne and Drake had major stories in their periods of time playing Roman. 

In all fairness though, every time I see Josh, I see Chris

BBM  Me too!  He is so not Roman, he's Chris.  Especially now that they have him behind bar at Brady's.  I have to keep reminding myself he is Roman.  I keep waiting for Savanah to walk in.  I did love him & Savanah back in the day.

• Love 5
On 9/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, JBC344 said:

I mentioned this last week in the other thread but I actually didn't mind the Billie/Roman "thing" years ago.  It was when Krista Allen was playing Billie.  All the couples (John/Marlena, Abe/Lexie, Hope/Bo) were on the hunt around Europe for Stefano and Roman and Billie were always getting teamed up since they were the odd men out. They went out on a couple of dates and flirted a lot but never slept with one another before ultimately deciding not to pursue a relationship.  Also it was referenced years later when Lisa Rinna came back to play Billie.  Before Roman pursued Kate, Billie gave him her blessing in a very sweet goodbye scene between the two characters.

To me the above was always handled with such grace and respect not only for those two characters but for their history on the show as well.  The whole brief storyline was in a way very sweet about two lonely adults looking for comfort.  Now the Roman/Nicole thing was a cheap farewell stunt that hasn't been mentioned since.

I'll take more of the Roman/Billie version of Roman over any of the other ones.

I think they did end up sleeping together eventually... wasn't the Europe story when Will was missing, the same fall that Bo and Hope were supposed to get remarried?  I think Billie and Roman slept together somewhere after most of the Bo/Hope/Billie drama, with the wedding called off, Bo and Billie undercover in Italy and forced to get married, her pregnancy, and her losing the baby but hiding it, and blaming Hope...

1 hour ago, lska said:

I think they did end up sleeping together eventually... wasn't the Europe story when Will was missing, the same fall that Bo and Hope were supposed to get remarried?  I think Billie and Roman slept together somewhere after most of the Bo/Hope/Billie drama, with the wedding called off, Bo and Billie undercover in Italy and forced to get married, her pregnancy, and her losing the baby but hiding it, and blaming Hope...

Oh, I hadn't realized that they did sleep together.  I guess I hadn't remembered that part.

19 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, I hadn't realized that they did sleep together.  I guess I hadn't remembered that part.

I just remember that it had a ton of hits on youtube, lol.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think Roman was in town yet for that Europe story.  He came back toward the end of all the Kristen/Susan/etc. drama, when John and Marlena were trying to get married and Kristen rolled him into the church covered in bandages.  I think that was part of the reason he was sympathetic to Billie while she was trying to get over Bo, he hadn't been around for all of the drama and manipulation.

Edited by lska
  • Love 2

I have an unpopular opinion about fashion in general, not specifically DOOL related...

These ridiculous "cold-shoulder" shirts with the super weird cut-outs on the shoulders - they're hideously ugly.  Also, they have an age range of women that can maybe only sorta pull them off, and that does not include children and the elderly.  I actually put the age range from 16 to 45/50.  Six year olds should not be wearing these things to first grade, nor should 80 year olds be wearing them to canasta.  (I don't actually think anyone should be wearing them and hope they go away very soon.)

That's all, thanks for letting me vent.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I have an unpopular opinion about fashion in general, not specifically DOOL related...

These ridiculous "cold-shoulder" shirts with the super weird cut-outs on the shoulders - they're hideously ugly.  Also, they have an age range of women that can maybe only sorta pull them off, and that does not include children and the elderly.  I actually put the age range from 16 to 45/50.  Six year olds should not be wearing these things to first grade, nor should 80 year olds be wearing them to canasta.  (I don't actually think anyone should be wearing them and hope they go away very soon.)

That's all, thanks for letting me vent.

No, thank you for saying so.  Those outfits are popular on Y&R also.  I'm not someone who usually notices fashion at all, but those things look pretty silly.

• Love 4
On 9/17/2017 at 1:36 AM, mj2000 said:

I totally agree with you about this. I don't like Chad and Abby together either. I liked her with Ben. Of course that was before his trip down psycho street. Not that she has the corner market on sanity. 

I'm not even gonna get started on the paternity issue of Thomas. 

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one.  I wanted the baby to be Ben's and I liked that he named him Colin and not the name of a family member.  It annoys me that every baby born on soaps has to be named after another character.  Have some originality and give the babies their own names.   I felt so bad for Ben the way Abby cheated on him and lied to him over and over again and kept stringing him along.  It totally messed with this mind.   With Ben growing up abused and then the way Abby hurt him, no one has ever really loved and wanted Ben and that makes me sad for him.  He grew up no doubt  being so verbally, emotionally, and physically abused that his self esteem was probably pretty low.  When he was dating Abby, he probably thought he finally found someone who truly loved him and wanted him.  He didn't want to lose that and he didn't deserve to be treated so horribly by Abby and Chad.  I don't remember what his relationship with Jordan was like.  I hated that the writers threw him under the bus to prop Chad and Abby but the actor is talented and he really played the heck out of those psycho scenes. 

By the way, Robert Scott Wilson who plays Ben is so gracious, sweet, and funny in real life.  Met him at a fan event once and he was so grateful to be on Days and to all his fans.  He was so funny and nice to everyone.  A couple fans gifted him with red ties and asked him to pretend to choke them for photos and he gladly did it for them. He is also even hotter in real life.  His Boston accent caught me off guard a little because you don't hear that accent on the show and I didn't realize he was from Boston.

• Love 5

Jordan loved and tried so hard to protect Ben.  She was always concerned and fearful of his anger.  She was raped by her stepfather and blackmailed by him.  It was obvious something was wrong emotionally with her and no one seemed to care.   Ben did not know the whole story but it made me sad that he seemed to favor a relationship with his father.  That it is kind of true of abuse though.  Just wish Jordan had some one she could have leaned on.  

My UO is recent one.  Watching the last two episodes 

i kind of like Brady as a bad guy.   

Never understood why he is in more scenes with his grandfather than his parents.   Is that because he favors the dark side ?    Has the character always  seemed so out of touch with john and Marlena?    

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Jordan loved and tried so hard to protect Ben.  She was always concerned and fearful of his anger.  She was raped by her stepfather and blackmailed by him.  It was obvious something was wrong emotionally with her and no one seemed to care.   Ben did not know the whole story but it made me sad that he seemed to favor a relationship with his father.  That it is kind of true of abuse though.  Just wish Jordan had some one she could have leaned on.  

My UO is recent one.  Watching the last two episodes 

i kind of like Brady as a bad guy.   

Never understood why he is in more scenes with his grandfather than his parents.   Is that because he favors the dark side ?    Has the character always  seemed so out of touch with john and Marlena?    

I like Brady as a dark character as well.  It just seem so sudden.  I wish that the show had set it up better.

For some bizarre reason,  in the past, the show has wanted Marlena and Brady to have a contentious relationship a la Sami. It was laughable because Marlena is the only mother that he knows. He was a baby, when Isabella passed. Isabella asked Marlena to raise him.  So, Brady should be very close to Marlena and it bugs me that he does not call her mom..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
On 9/24/2017 at 1:55 PM, Apprentice79 said:

So, Brady should be very close to Marlena and it bugs me that he does not call her mom..

Not me. Not a bit. but as this is the UO topic, I respect this, and for my UO, I offer another topic: As I said elsewhere, I don't care if Abby made Sami miserable with the whole EJ deal. Not saying I like Abby, but Sami did a lot of crap to her own family, so if Abby pissed Sami off for a while, oh well! LOL!  :-)

• Love 4

I missed most of Brady's life, but when I watch Marlena with little Brady during the Kristen/Susan stuff of the 90s it really does seem like she's just his mom. Brady wouldn't even have memories of Isabella so wouldn't all of his memories growing up involve John and Marlena? Would John have allowed his son to call Marlena by her first name instead of Mom? I don't really buy that. It's more believable that they would want Brady to think of Marlena as his Mom because he had no connection to his real one and they wouldn't want him to feel like he was missing out.

It seems like the way Brady now refers to her as "Marlena" is the result of John having married her when Brady was like 10 or 15.

• Love 2

I think with Brady, regarding Marlena it is more an issue of course correction.  After they SORASED Brady they were so concerned with trying to replicate the Sami/John feud with he and Marlena, all the history that they shared got thrown out the window.  Once they got past that period I have found that Brady and Marlena do have a very close relationship and do think of each other as mother and son. 

Once Brady got with Chloe originally there were was a long period where both couples were spending a lot of time together.  Before Brady got together with Kristen he was very protective of Marlena.  Personally I don't care of find anything wrong with Brady calling Marlena by her first name.  I don't think it diminishes his feelings because he doesn't refer to her as "mom".  I also think that even though Isabella was dead, Brady spent a lot of time as a Kiriakis and that may have had an effect on even thinking about calling Marlena mom because he was raised along side his mom's side of the family.  So her memory and presence was always a part of him even though it may not have been vocalized.

Different example, but take Carrie and John, yes Roman is still alive and Carrie honors him by calling him dad, but she always acknowledges and has a special place for John in her life and history.  

• Love 5

Brady was not raised as a Kiriakis. That is a retcon. John would allow Victor to see and have a relationship with Brady. However, he would never allow Victor to influence him.  John as Roman was there to see Victor torment his sisters Kim and Kayla.  Bo and Hope did not let Victor influence Sean-Douglas, Zack and Ciara.  Bo and Hope truly began to let their guard down with him around the time that Chelsea had that transplant with Bo. Even Justin and Adrienne, moved away from Salem with their four sons to get away from Victor's influence. 

Marlena is Brady's mother, period. The show has always excelled in writing that family was more than biology.  The show may try play with that to create drama between them. I hated that period. They wrote Marlena as being jealous and envious of Isabella and that she resented Brady for being her son. What utter bullshit!  Brady should call her mom, because she is his mom..

Mike Horton has never called Bill dad, his father was Mickey. The same thing goes for Bo, he always called Victor by his name. Shawn was his dad and he said that at his funeral, the only one that matters to him.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Pretty sure no one likes the Bonnie story   Here are my ramblings about that    

Andriene  has always shown as a smoldering mother.   I actually found sonny and Andriene very believable as mother/son but there is no way anyone would believe Andriene would not be with her son right now.  

Like justin and felt Andriene should have chosen him but this story makes him look like an idiot.

i forget that Steve and Andriene are siblings so it’s strange he noticed she was  not acting herself.   

Maggie seems mean and out of character also 

I hate Maggie and victor as a couple.   

So my UO is 

if this story breaks up Maggie and Victor it will all be worth it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do you prefer Victor and Caroline as a couple? The show was possibly going there again after the 50th, until Peggy left....

Hell no! that would be spitting on Papa Shawn's face, Kim's face and Kayla's face.  Victor did too many evil stuff to the Brady family. I am so happy that Bo never called him dad. He even tried to kill Bo once. Bo learned to tolerate him, but, he was never his dad. He was just a sperm donor..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do you prefer Victor and Caroline as a couple? The show was possibly going there again after the 50th, until Peggy left....

I prefer Victor alone. He is a miserable old man    Some say Maggie makes him a better man.  JMHO he is only a better man when she is in the room. 

Know a lot of people don’t like Maggie but I think she deserves better.  It’s like the show just had two older actors so they put them together.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I prefer Victor alone. He is a miserable old man    Some way Maggie makes him a better man.  JMHO he is only a better man when she is in the room. 

Know a lot of people don’t like Maggie but I think she deserves better.  It’s like the show just had two older actors so they put them together.  

Not to mention that Victor once put a hit out on her daughter Melissa.  That alone should have kept her from being with Victor. Victor's best pairing was Kate.  Too much has happened for them to ever be together. 

• Love 2

I really liked the story they started telling (but inexplicably dropped) about Will feeling like he wasn't attractive enough to be a catch for Sonny, and how flattered he was by the attention from Paul, a famous and incredibly good-looking baseball player. Not only did the plot give us some of daytime's steamiest sex scenes, but also Guy Wilson's best acting. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Aymery said:

I really liked the story they started telling (but inexplicably dropped) about Will feeling like he wasn't attractive enough to be a catch for Sonny, and how flattered he was by the attention from Paul, a famous and incredibly good-looking baseball player. Not only did the plot give us some of daytime's steamiest sex scenes, but also Guy Wilson's best acting. 

Paul should have been used that way and not be Sonny's ex.  I think Will's burgeoning sexuality, his inexperience with men and the Gay culture could have been an organic obstacle for Wilson to overcome as a couple.  A classic Sherry Anderson, in writing a conflict, for a couple. An internal conflict exacerbated by an external force..

Sonny's ex, the one that he called the most selfish person that he had ever known, should have been the one who came back into Sonny's life as Wilson was going through this turmoil...I would cast a hot guy that can act who Freddie has potent chemistry with in generating heat.. The show had a chance to really give us a good story with Wilson and they blew it. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

I prefer Victor alone. He is a miserable old man    Some say Maggie makes him a better man.  JMHO he is only a better man when she is in the room. 

55 minutes ago, Aymery said:

I agree that was a good and interesting story.  Guy really sold that.  In a way he was like his mom there because she felt insecure especially when she would compare herself to Carrie 

• Love 2
On 10/14/2017 at 7:52 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I actually wouldn't have minded the show going there after Shawn died, and revisiting all those issues.  But the timing would have had to have been closer to that timeframe for me.  With the show investing in Victor and Maggie for so long instead, it felt like they missed the window.

• Love 4
On 10/15/2017 at 1:04 PM, tribeca said:

I agree that was a good and interesting story.  Guy really sold that.  In a way he was like his mom there because she felt insecure especially when she would compare herself to Carrie 

I agree wrt Sami vs Will. It would have been the PROPER way to show the Will/Sami similarities ... she started out as rebelling against seeing John/Marlena cheating...and then her insecurities about her weight, etc... escalated her machinations. They could have written that for Will but framed it as his insecurities and inexperience in the LGBTQIA community/dating, etc..

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Serena   I like the actress a lot. Wish she would have fit better into the show. Plus she was able to make Eric smile. 

The actress should have been cast as Sarah Horton, she is Maggie's daughter adopted by Mickey.  She also has a biological half sister named Noelle Curtis, they share the same father Neil Curtis. Neil is also Andrew Donovan's godfather and Neil was also going to be Alexander Kiriakis stepfather, since he was once with Anjelica.. All of these connections should have been played out on the screen with these legacy kids..

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Serena   I like the actress a lot. Wish she would have fit better into the show. Plus she was able to make Eric smile. 

She's a real techno nerd.  Her first vlog on YouTube was about her taking apart her Mac because she left it out in the rain.  She clearly knew what she was doing.  She also edited the video herself.

• Love 1
On 9/28/2017 at 3:37 AM, WendyCR72 said:

As I said elsewhere, I don't care if Abby made Sami miserable with the whole EJ deal. Not saying I like Abby, but Sami did a lot of crap to her own family, so if Abby pissed Sami off for a while, oh well! LOL!  :-)

I guess. Sami doing a lot of crap to her family, which we know much of it stemmed from her feelings toward Marlena and Carrie for *things* doesn't correlate to what Abby did to her, IMO. Plus it puts the onus of Abby's own selfish choices on Sami which I also didn't care for when the writers did that too. Sami has done trash things which she many times got her karma for, so I didn't think it was a situation where she needed a comeuppance. I just didn't see any of that story as interesting since the writers were determined to have Abby be the victim despite her own actions being the catalyst for many crap things that happened.  I wouldn't have been as bothered if the show hadn't still been trying to sell Abby as some pious good girl after all the lying and double dipping she'd been doing. I'm good with OTT on a soap but don't have a character act trashy on levels and then have almost every other character remark how kind, generous, and honest she is. It's similar to the crap written for Rafe where he is a judgmental hypocritical lawbreaker yet many other characters constantly comment how his strong integrity and honesty.  {Plus if rumors are correct that this storyline annoyed AS / JS so much that they left Days, then that's another reason why I hate everything about it)

My UO is that I didn't care about Brady making Nicole miserable in the end of her latest run. Brady is a dumb punk and I hate that Theresa's exit was selling herself to save that immature oaf's life along with their mostly forgotten child but I also loathed that Nicole was willing to have Arianna thrown in jail with planted evidence so she could break up Brady/Arianna in order to have Brady to herself(!) and was never caught for it. That always stuck in my craw cause Arianna got shafted first by Nicole then by her own hypocritical brother before being literally thrown under a car. 

• Love 4

Find Steve very sweet,funny and endearing.  I can see what Kayla sees in him.   No way can I believe another man has not been attracted to Kayla. She is beautiful, intelligent and loving.   That said I can totally buy her not being able to ever stop caring and loving Steve.   

There is just something about this couple that works.  Even when they argue you can see how much they care for each other.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Find Steve very sweet,funny and endearing.  I can see what Kayla sees in him.   No way can I believe another man has not been attracted to Kayla. She is beautiful, intelligent and loving.   That said I can totally buy her not being able to ever stop caring and loving Steve.   

There is just something about this couple that works.  Even when they argue you can see how much they care for each other.  

Steve/Kayla are a supercouple. So, I don't think that is an unpopular opinion.  My biggest problem with them is that Kayla never has agency when it comes to Steve.  The show never paired Kayla with somebody offscreen, even when Steve was believed to be dead. It was such a waste to have Kayla as a celibate woman living in LA, for 16 years.

• Love 1

I've always liked Kayla and Steve, but I didn't mind when they were toying with the idea of putting Kayla and Abe together a few years ago.  Those scenes were really well done and there was some chemistry.

Of course I would of been on board with Kayla and Aiden. That one scene they had was so charged. It's no wonder many of us now wish they would of went in that direction. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Of course I would of been on board with Kayla and Aiden. That one scene they had was so charged. It's no wonder many of us now wish they would of went in that direction. 

I loved the idea of Kayla and Aiden...based on that exact scene. I loved it. Such a great meet-cute that was wasted by Haiden.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Steve/Kayla are a supercouple. So, I don't think that is an unpopular opinion.  

I guess when I was thinking UO it’s unpopular here.  There seems to be a lot of talk in threads about not liking Steve. 

7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I've always liked Kayla and Steve, but I didn't mind when they were toying with the idea of putting Kayla and Abe together a few years ago.  Those scenes were really well done and there was some chemistry.

Kayla/Abe reminded me too much of Kayla/Marcus. They had more of a sibling vibe. Kayla/Aiden would have been so good, Kayla likes complicated men. I always wanted Abe to be with Faye. I hated that the show killed her off, it was so shortsighted. Plus, I never really liked Abe with Lexie. I always felt that the show put them together because they were Black. Plus, Lexie's constant infidelity proved to me that she settled for Abe. I always saw that Lexie had a lot of chemistry with EJ. It is too bad that EJ was her brother. Lexie had great chemistry with Brandon and Tek.. Lexie embracing her Dimera roots was the best story for her.  She rocked it. I wish that the show had kept her greyi. She was more interesting that way. I also loved her rivalry with Sami.   Renee Jones was just a stunning woman, good Black don't crack, indeed.. I was stunned to find out that she was much older than she looks. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
On 11/8/2017 at 11:24 PM, JBC344 said:

I think a lot of people were turned off because it was so soon after Lexie's death.  But if the timing had been better, I think some of the story set-up was a missed opportunity.  When they aged the teens, we could have had Theo and Joey as step-brothers, with the clash of their different personalities, and Abe as Joey's law-and-order step-father, vs. Steve coming back into his life.  Abe makes sense as a rival for Kayla's affections with Steve, because they play out some of the core issues between S&K, but it's pretty clear who would win in the end.  And Kayla has major issues with the DiMeras, so there would be potential conflict with them in Theo's life after Lexie's death.  Anyway, much more interesting to me than the Ava retread that is still dragging them down.

Edited by lska
  • Love 3