Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Michel said:

I don't do social media a lot.  What's he said or done?

Gross comments about Ciara's rape, starting a supposed social media consulting company with someone sketchy, and other some stuff.

7 hours ago, lska said:

Gross comments about Ciara's rape, starting a supposed social media consulting company with someone sketchy, and other some stuff.

Well, there go the positive feelings I had for him.

Edited by Michel

I'm sure this will really be an UO, but of all the teens, the one I like the best is Jade. And she is just a nobody, related to no one, who dropped into a scene out of nowhere. And yet, she has an energy about her that makes me like the character.  

As for the others, really if they all disappeared, I'd likely not miss any of them. I had slightly high hopes that the newest teen scene would be played out something like the Shawn and Belle teen years. Obviously that didn't happen.

• Love 5

I'm sure this will really be an UO, but of all the teens, the one I like the best is Jade. And she is just a nobody, related to no one, who dropped into a scene out of nowhere. And yet, she has an energy about her that makes me like the character.

Makes sense -- Days has a weird history of striking gold with minor teen characters and then discarding them instead of developing them.  Remember that gal that JJ brought to town to pose as his girlfriend?  She was smart and funny, so of course we didn't keep her around.

• Love 7

My unpopular opinion is that I have never liked Hope. Thinking that there was something that I missed, I viewed stories back to 1983. It didn't change my mind. I don't think its particularly an issue with KA. Now that arched eyebrow thing irks me for sure. Its just that I see Hope as being written as a spoiled, entitled, brat that has the entire town ready to defend her every word and action. The only time that I could tolerate her was when she was with Aiden before he was hit with the bus. 

37 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And that guy Will encouraged to seduce Paul? He was good too....

Wasnt his name Derek and he worked at the Salem Inn?

• Love 3
On 05/10/2016 at 0:24 AM, mj2000 said:

The only time that I could tolerate her was when she was with Aiden before he was hit with the bus.

I had to think back and try to remember the plot where Aiden was literally hit with a bus. Then I realized you were being metaphorical.

But who knows on this show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, carrier76 said:

I had to think back and try to remember the plot where Aiden was literally hit with a bus. Then I realized you were being metaphorical.

This is the show that had an SL about an elephant where people were literally not talking about the elephant in the room.  If a bus does show up to take out Aiden, I hope it kills almost everyone else in Salem to.  The list of characters I have no use for just keeps growing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

This is the show that had an SL about an elephant where people were literally not talking about the elephant in the room.  If a bus does show up to take out Aiden, I hope it kills almost everyone else in Salem to.  The list of characters I have no use for just keeps growing.

I must've missed that. I don't remember an elephant, but I do remember Doug and Julie's pet tiger that they brought to Salem. Because everyone knows that tigers are just over sized kitty cats. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, neuromom said:

I must've missed that. I don't remember an elephant, but I do remember Doug and Julie's pet tiger that they brought to Salem. Because everyone knows that tigers are just over sized kitty cats. 

You were spared. 

3 hours ago, carrier76 said:

He might as well have been literally hit by a bus. 

2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

So does mine!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, neuromom said:

It wasn't a real elephant, it was a ceramic elephant full of diamonds.  Well, two of them, actually.

And one of the actors left one of the elephants with the hosts of Dishin' Days.  Along with one of Chandler Massey's Emmys.  They have both.

• Love 3

I don't hate Theresa, and I've even liked her at times, especially when she's going up against the Hortons, but overall I feel like this character is a mess. Her characterization is all over the place, she was a raging hateful destructive bitch for a long time and the only explanation given was inadequate, and then overnight they tried to redeem her without putting in any effort. If you didn't already like her that *redemption* wasn't going to change your mind. Not to mention she only interacted with a handful of people on a regular basis and didn't appear to have any goals other than getting money, drugs, and sex...until she decided she wanted Brady...and then all of a sudden she wanted to be a fashion designer. I think JL is a solid actress but I can't really say that I'm going to miss Theresa all that much.

• Love 4

I think with another two years on the show and more coherent writers they could have mined all Theresa's various character traits and made her into a really compelling character. Hey, at least her bad girl past is playing some part in how she leaves the show now. Sadly, there isn't enough time to really explore whatever the relationship is with her and her parents, or her AWOL brother. Lord knows she and John still have stuff to deal with...

I agree her character as written isn't the strongest but her journey has been fun, and she hates most of the same characters we do (Jen, Victor, Jawn, etc).

• Love 3
On 10/5/2016 at 4:00 AM, Michel said:

That was the guy, only his name was Derrick.

And he's on right now! They brought him back..hottie Derrick! Anything but PaulSon.

On 10/5/2016 at 4:02 PM, Silver Raven said:

He's Spencer Neville, Molly Burnett's RL boyfriend.

Not anymore. They're donzies.

UO #1: I don't like Sonny Kiriakis. Never really have. Only tolerated him b/c that's what Will wanted.
UO #2: I'm not enamored with Freddie Smith's talent...at all.

UO #3: I hate PaulSon...in any form

UO #4: I love Horita

UO #5: I don't dislike Guy Wilson or his portrayal of Will Horton (it was mostly writing and shock from losing CM)

• Love 5

Unpopular opinion, and I may have already stated this--I don't like Theo at all and think that KP is pretty terrible in his portrayal. He isn't the worst of the teen lot (hello, VJ), but he's probably second from bottom, for me.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, carrier76 said:

Unpopular opinion, and I may have already stated this--I don't like Theo at all and think that KP is pretty terrible in his portrayal. He isn't the worst of the teen lot (hello, VJ), but he's probably second from bottom, for me.

As I said on Saturday, I don't dislike him yet, but he'll be heading that way if he keeps up his hatred for Valerie for what is pretty much no reason at all.  At least not one that's her fault.

• Love 1

I've never cared for Philip, and I don't think JPL is a downgrade from JKJ. I don't find either particularly attractive and neither is a particularly strong actor, imo. Philip has also suffered from some pretty terrible storylines for a long time, the face transplant that is never mentioned, the leg amputation that is never mentioned, anything involving Melanie, Pocket, etc. The only time I liked JKJ's version of Philip was when the show seemed to be setting up a Philip/Chloe vs Sami/EJ rivalry around the time of Shawn Sr.'s death. The scene at Shawn's funeral was enthralling and I thought a sign of months of storylines to come. Sadly, it never materialized. I like JPL's Philip with Chloe. I guess my even bigger unpopular opinion is that Philip only works with Chloe.

I wish the show had modeled Mama Hernandez as a seductive villainous archetype effectively replacing Kate. I like Kate, but I feel the character has officially overstayed her welcome. With Victor with Maggie, Stefano dead, and I don't think she shares a lot of scenes with either son. I just don't see the point of the character. While I love her scenes and friendship with Marlena, they come too few and far between to sustain the character. While I forgot what mystery was developing during the time of Mama Hernandez's introduction, I remember hoping the producers hired an older, sexy woman like Kate to play Rafe's mom. We'll discover that she was behind the nefarious plot and she could come to the show causing all types of hell for the Hernandez siblings and the people they loved. Since the show is obviously invested in making the Hernandez's a staple family in Salem, I think a strong matriarch villianous would have been a clever way to more easily tie them into the fabric of Salem.

I wish the show would phase both the Dimera and Kiriakis families out of Salem. 

Lastly, while I think Higley is a terrible writer, I still think she's an improvement from a lot of the writers we've had these past few years. Don't get me wrong, I remember her last stint as head writer and I absolutely abhorred about 3,500 of the decisions she made with characters. However, I at least was never bored with Higley's writing, and that alone is an improvement from the past head writers of the show. Things happened under Higley. I hated most of those things, but at least something happened. I thought the Nicole/Sami baby switch was amazing and I liked how Higley incorporated most of the cast with each character only knowing a piece of the information. I thought she paced things well, so things never got boring and she intertwined it with other storylines - like Tony's death that led to the Kiriakis vs Dimera storyline - that gave the storyline some horrific unintended consequences. I also feel the same way about the Chloe/Dan/Philip who's the daddy storyline that while I hated the conclusion - Caroline switching the results - I love how it naturally went into a Chloe depression and attempted suicide storyline that seemed to be headed for a Philip/Chloe reunion. Basically, I'm giving Higley a fair chance as I at least look forward to what will happen with the show.

• Love 2

I hate André. The character is ill-conceived and entirely worthless and Thaao Penglis is a leathery old bore. His hide is a deeper shade than Dark Roast Dan's! I'm actually starting to feel bad for the actress playing Abigail; she might be decent, but I can barely watch any scenes involving André long enough to tell.

• Love 3

My UP is watching Sonny & Paul is like watching paint dry. Hell, watching Paul is like watching paint dry. 

My second UP is I couldn't care less about Abby when she was played by Mansi and so far I'm not bowled over by the new girl.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, jemm1106 said:

My UP is watching Sonny & Paul is like watching paint dry. Hell, watching Paul is like watching paint dry. 

My second UP is I couldn't care less about Abby when she was played by Mansi and so far I'm not bowled over by the new girl.

I don't think either of those opinions are particularly unpopular.

• Love 3

I'm not sure this is unpopular in general, but for this board.......I like Abby, always have.  I also like Gabi and really enjoyed Theresa before they saddled her with Brady.  I've found this odd thing that most people tend to love Theresa and hate Abby or vice versa.  I wish they wouldn't have had Abby tediously sob her way through her last 5 months with Kate and now her first month with Marci playing her though.  After awhile it's just too much.  I'd have preferred Theresa with JJ than with that dolt Brady, he ruins every woman he's with.

• Love 3

I  don't like Eric.  Despite the hair cut he is still doing the brooding priest. Especially with the extended back story today about the girl on  the ledge.  Maybe she'll show up in town but I don't read arrivals and departures or spoilers.  It's better thatway. 

• Love 1

I have no problem with the show dropping Brady and letting Paul take his place as J&M's son. He just click better with them. 

Its the same story with Brady over and over again. It's become tiresome. Boy, bye.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Lumi was Lucas worse pairing.  I thought Lucas was going to have a stroke with all of his screaming at her.  He never treated Nicole, Chloe, or Adrienne that way.  

I always thought that deep down Lucas could never fully forgive Sami for missing the first few years of Will's life as his father. Prior to the paternity reveal, Lucas never scolded, yell, or criticize Sami as strongly as he did after that was revealed.

When they were kids, they were happy to scheme together. However at one point after becoming Will's father and becoming sober,  he thought that he grew up but Sami didn't. Whether it was true or not, Lucas acted a lot of time as the person who would tell Sami to grow up, stop scheming, and stop being herself.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

I always thought that deep down Lucas could never fully forgive Sami for missing the first few years of Will's life as his father. Prior to the paternity reveal, Lucas never scolded, yell, or criticize Sami as strongly as he did after that was revealed.

When they were kids, they were happy to scheme together. However at one point after becoming Will's father and becoming sober,  he thought that he grew up but Sami didn't. Whether it was true or not, Lucas acted a lot of time as the person who would tell Sami to grow up, stop scheming, and stop being herself.

I wished that the show had explored that beat for Lumi. That could have been an internal struggle that they could have overcome.  The show explored that with Kim and Shane. Shane learned to forgive Kim for her infidelity with Victor in Miami, but, it was always remained a sore spot for him. It played out even in their last scene together in the early 90's..

• Love 1
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

Couldn't agree more.  This was always at the core of their relationship.  Lucas essentially "grew up" and Sami was never willing.  I believe it is also the basis of Will's issues with Sami and how they came to a head during his coming out.  I remember a lot of posters didn't understand why Will was so angry at Sami but didn't have the same level of anger at Lucas.  I believe Will saw that Lucas is a changed man and father from whom he was during Will's formative years, but Sami hadn't been willing to change.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Couldn't agree more.  This was always at the core of their relationship.  Lucas essentially "grew up" and Sami was never willing.  I believe it is also the basis of Will's issues with Sami and how they came to a head during his coming out.  I remember a lot of posters didn't understand why Will was so angry at Sami but didn't have the same level of anger at Lucas.  I believe Will saw that Lucas is a changed man and father from whom he was during Will's formative years, but Sami hadn't been willing to change.

True, not to mention, Will never witnessed Lucas' scheming, firsthand. Whereas, he grew up seeing his mother's schemes exposed and he saw and suffered the humiliations from the fallout. Plus, Sami's machinations always deprived him of a happy, stable family..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

But it was Sami that ran out when Will came out to them, and Lucas who stayed behind.  It's no wonder Will was so furious at her, and not at Lucas.

I never understood why Sami never noticed that Will was Gay. Perhaps, it was another way to show how self-centered she was.  Marlena and Kate always knew. I wished that the show had explored Lucas' discomfort with Will's homosexuality.  Just because you are uncomfortable  with it, does not mean that you are a homophobe. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never understood why Sami never noticed that Will was Gay. Perhaps, it was another way to show how self-centered she was.  Marlena and Kate always knew. I wished that the show had explored Lucas' discomfort with Will's homosexuality.  Just because you are uncomfortable  with it, does not mean that you are a homophobe. 

Amen.  The writer's really dropped the ball with what could of been such an insightful look at the difference between parents who are homophobic and those that are terrified of how the world will look at and treat their child, which is what Lucas actually was.  You never are able to really see that distinction portrayed in mainstream media.

• Love 4

I know a lot of fans don't like the doppelganger story line but if it breaks up Victor and Maggie I am all for it.  I can't stand them as a couple.  Victor is fake with her.  Maggie is way too good for Victor. JMHUO

• Love 3

Huh, looks like I never knew this topic existed...  Here are my unpopular opinions:

I hate Gabi.

I don't mind Rafe, and if Hope can't be with Bo, then Rafe is 1,000x better than Aiden.  I couldn't stand Aiden from the beginning.  

I hate Gabi.

I don't mind Abby.  I liked the old actors better though, both Kate Mansi and Casey Diedrick.  Marci is fine, but Billy Flynn is just not Dimera enough for me.

I still like Hope, and will always love Bo.  I miss Bo.  I also never liked Billie.  Any of them.

I hate Gabi.

That about sums it up for now; I'll be back if I missed any.