Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

UO: I like Theresa with Brady, also. I liked her bad and I like her watered down. It's Jen Lilley, I guess. Anyway, I hope that she can find a happy medium of edgy but good. I'm looking forward to more Theresa/Nicole w/ the fashion line. Maybe she can be edgy with the competition w/Kate.

• Love 4

I think Theresa really started to fall for Brady when he was with Melanie and she was with Clint. She even tried to call the hospital at one point when Brady got drugged by Clint but got turned away by the nurse. Even Melanie blurted out to Brady that Theresa had fallen for him.

I'm actually liking this version of Theresa more than I did the Tomsell version because she was such a mess of a character then. At least this time around her character has been generally consistent & not so chaotic like before and she actually has some redeeming qualities while still maintaining some of her flaws. I actually believe it's possible for her to be a good girl/grey character/antiheroine/whatever they want to call her & still have an edge.

The problem is that the writers don't know how to write well-rounded characters anymore. Nowadays either they are super watered down & diluted that sometimes they end up dull & uninteresting or the writers take them way too far to the point where they reach the point of no return. It's a trend that has been perpetuated by Tomsell, (and maybe by earlier regimes but I wouldn't know because I wasn't watching then), and it has continued with Griffley/Griffstein and it may continue with Quigley because Higley sucks.

Maybe Theresa would have had better luck as a character if she had arrived a decade or two earlier. But the sad part is for all of the extreme hatred that many people have for her, (at least online), it seems like she's the only newer female character that has managed to endure within the last 5 years when so many others have failed miserably. But then again maybe the main reason is that she's an actual legacy character with real ties to a core family and that Jordan, Serena, Madison, Summer, et al., did not and that could be one of the main factors as to why they never caught on with the general audience. I'm not sure if I could use the fact that Jen Lilley is generally a good actress (at least in my opinion), as a factor because the vast majority of the actresses that were brought to Days had decent if not good acting chops & yet that didn't help save their characters. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 5

Yeah, I'm still trying to fathom why she's so fixated on him...

I guess Theresa feels Brady may be the only guy who actually cares about her & gives her any time of day. It's not like anyone else would bother paying attention to her. 

Yeah... there lies the problem... Theresa has or had the tendency to attract unsavory people... not that J.J. necessarily was one, (he was just a troubled, lost soul), but Clint was definitely one. Ironically enough, I might've liked him with Theresa if he wasn't so damned creepy & skeevy... 

If Theresa ever hopes to have a decent love life & perhaps a family of her own outside of Brady, she needs to start attracting the right type of people who can still appreciate her spunky ways. Just my two cents. 

• Love 1

Unpopular opinions!! Fun times! Hmmmm....

I don't care much for Chandler Massey. That damn smile he had on his face, no matter the scene or subject took me right out of the story. His major saving grace is that he's not Guy Wilson.

I liked EJ.

Jen Lilley is the main reason I like Theresa as much as I do. I first saw her on GH playing the odious Maxie and thought she light years better than Kristen Storms.

Hmmmm.... last one. Detest Doug, always have - but then I'm extremely adverse to "cute" old people. Trust me, we're not. And I prefer Julie either asleep or gagged.

• Love 3
(edited)

Chandler really sold the gay storyline though.  His scenes with Mar were a highlight over the 50 years. Even the conception.  It was hot, but he was confused but it was caring and mutual. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Yeah, Chandler wasn't perfect and he had his bad habits, but he sold the coming out storyline really well and had good chemistry with Freddie. He shouldn't be the only actor who can play Will, but at this point he is certainly the most fondly remembered.

• Love 2
(edited)

I tend to not be overly critical over the actors' bad habits due to the way that they tape shows now. They don't really have time to prepare for a scene like primetime and the movies..Even Chandler, complained about that in one of his last interviews after he got fired..I liked all of the Wills that have ever appeared. From the Carpenter boys to Guy Wilson....Each brought something to the role....My favorite being mophead, he was Lumi's kid and was the only one that can get Sami to be a better person. I remember a nice scene where he made Sami apologize to Lexie for blackmailing her into telling Carrie that she could not have healthy children with Austin...It was a nice scene and I liked how the writer Scheffer was setting up Lucas and Will to battle EJ for Sami's soul...Too bad he got fired, it was obvious that Lumi was endgame as it should have been...Lumi was predicted to be together, back during the time that Kate came back to town in the form of Lauren Koslow..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I don't care much for Chandler Massey. That damn smile he had on his face, no matter the scene or subject took me right out of the story. His major saving grace is that he's not Guy Wilson.

I liked EJ.

Dems fighin' words! LOL. Everyone here knows I worship at the ground of CM...so...

I loved EJ. I loved EJ and Will. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I have no problem with Nicole bidding farewell to Salem anytime soon. She has completely lost her edge and I just don't find anything interesting about the character anymore.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2
(edited)

My other UO is this: I didn't hate Guy Wilson. I hated the writing of Will. Guy is fine. The writing was very not.

I actually preferred Guy in love scenes with Freddie as Wilson than Chandler....Guy's Will seemed more comfortable with his sexuality than Chandler. Chandler's Will seemed more tentative, shy and innocent..I loved that aspect of his portrayal.. I loved both Guy and Chandler as Will, for different reasons. I never really understood all of the uproar over the recasting of Will... The rabid Chandler fans are  scary..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I actually preferred Guy in love scenes with Freddie as Wilson than Chandler....Guy's Will seemed more comfortable with his sexuality than Chandler. Chandler's Will seemed more tentative, shy and innocent..I loved that aspect of his portrayal.. I loved both Guy and Chandler as Will, for different reasons. I never really understood all of the uproar over the recasting of Will... The rabid Chandler fans are  scary..

I'm a huge Chandler fan but not rabid at all.

I didn't have a problem with the recast. It's a soap. It happens.

Here's my take...and it's on topic b/c it's not really popular opinion wise.

Cheddie is my jam. WilSon 1.0 is the sweetest and most beautiful story in a long time. Chandler had his issues with the scenes and it was obvious. Freddie did not.

(My opinion, not something anyone has told me)

Guy Wilson made a point to show the audience he wasn't afraid to "go there" and Freddie reciprocated. They're both professionals. It was fine but not the best imo. Some was writing. Some was chemistry.

I prefer Chandler/Freddie chemistry. I'm 100% Wilson if Chandler is Will.

I ADORE Guy/Christopher chemistry. I'm 100% Horita if Guy is Will. Their scenes were hot hot hot.

I'm meh on PaulSon. I just don't see it.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm a huge Chandler fan but not rabid at all.

I didn't have a problem with the recast. It's a soap. It happens.

Here's my take...and it's on topic b/c it's not really popular opinion wise.

Cheddie is my jam. WilSon 1.0 is the sweetest and most beautiful story in a long time. Chandler had his issues with the scenes and it was obvious. Freddie did not.

(My opinion, not something anyone has told me)

Guy Wilson made a point to show the audience he wasn't afraid to "go there" and Freddie reciprocated. They're both professionals. It was fine but not the best imo. Some was writing. Some was chemistry.

I prefer Chandler/Freddie chemistry. I'm 100% Wilson if Chandler is Will.

I ADORE Guy/Christopher chemistry. I'm 100% Horita if Guy is Will. Their scenes were hot hot hot.

I'm meh on PaulSon. I just don't see it.

I agree with you about Wilson 1.0.  I don't think anybody on here is a rabid fan..I have come across some Cheddie fans who actually believe that Freddie and chandler are really together and that their respective girlfriends are their beards...lol 

Edited by Apprentice79

I agree with you about Wilson 1.0.  I don't think anybody on here is a rabid fan..I have come across some Cheddie fans who actually believe that Freddie and chandler are really together and that their respective friends are their beards...lol 

I know exactly about whom you are referencing. It's legit scary. It's not funny ha ha anymore. It's like, "call security" scary.

• Love 2

I know exactly about whom you are referencing. It's legit scary. It's not funny ha ha anymore. It's like, "call security" scary.

She is a nut and she actually has made contact with Chandler on the afterbuzz show months ago and he was so uncomfortable..The hosts should not have done that....I doubt they knew about that woman's break from reality...

• Love 1

Cheeses, about Chandler.  Sure he phoned it in his last few months but Guy "dedicating" himself to the role or whatever, came across as acting and less genuine than Chandler. I felt like Chandler and Freddie shined  together, even though I suspect Freddie felt a bit second place.  He was enthusiastic about Guy stepping in then Guy crapped on it.  My personal opinion is his acting and prissy face had as much to do with cutting off WilSon as anything else.

Maybe because I cut the cable tv cord at least ten years ago I don't know VI but I'm finding it hard to get past the fact he looks so much like the singer Brian Ferry or even Craig Ferguson a bit. And all the retcons give way to a lot of exposition which I normally like since a big concern is a lack of backstories here.  But so much shoehorning makes me snooze.  I'm looking at you too Summer.

UO: I like Theresa with Brady, also. I liked her bad and I like her watered down. It's Jen Lilley, I guess. Anyway, I hope that she can find a happy medium of edgy but good. I'm looking forward to more Theresa/Nicole w/ the fashion line. Maybe she can be edgy with the competition w/Kate.

I feel the same way!  Jen Lilley is the entire reason I love Theresa and even when she was at her worse--Theresa using drugs, lying to everyone, getting into arguments--there was still a warmth and humanity to her that shone through. The Thrady also works for me because JL and EM are adorable together and I think she helps elevate his performance through her own talent and charisma.

• Love 8

They're religious nutjobs. 

DAMN, that's a little harsh!  I read Jenn Lilley's twitter and she seems to be the type of Christian we need more of--someone who actually helps people and who doesn't pass judgements on others.  I also think she's rather funny in a wacky sort of way.  WHy do you think she's a nutjob?

• Love 6

DAMN, that's a little harsh!  I read Jenn Lilley's twitter and she seems to be the type of Christian we need more of--someone who actually helps people and who doesn't pass judgements on others.  I also think she's rather funny in a wacky sort of way.  WHy do you think she's a nutjob?

Thought that was describing Melissa Reeves, who supported Chick-fill-a back when that was a thing. 

• Love 3

Jen's religious beliefs may be a bit unorthodox but I wouldn't go so far as to call her an actual nutjob. There are plenty more people that are more extreme in their religious views than her. Besides she doesn't judge people.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was referring to the onscreen names Jen and Eric.  I stand by what I said about MR.  Fr Eric I admit I'm going by what I see on the show.  But that's how I thought they seemed like they bonded on the show. I see now that Rick Kitchen was probably referring to JL and EM. 

Edited by QuelleC
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree with you. I am happy that the show lost for best Drama to GH. They don't deserve any awards ....

If there was a negative award, they should get that...like a serious Razzie (not played for comedy)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

If there was a negative award, they should get that...like a serious Razzie (not played for comedy)

Exactly I want Ken Corday to fail in his latest reboot of the show...

I don't want Sonny anywhere near Arianna, since he has abandoned her three times. He has forfeited the right to be her father..I want Lumi to keep him and his stalker boyfriend Paul away from Will's daughter....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't want Sonny anywhere near Arianna, since he has abandoned her three times. He has forfeited the right to be her father..I want Lumi to keep him and his stalker boyfriend Paul away from Will's daughter....

I've actually put WAY too much thought into the fact that I totally agree with you in every way possible. Sonny would have NEVER left her once, much less 3 times. 

• Love 4
(edited)

UO: I'm not enthusiastic about Freddie Smith's return. What could he possibly bring to the show? They are clearly not invested in portraying gay characters as Paul and Henry's token appearances attest. Freddie's never blown me away with his acting - I suspect his Emmy win was a concession more than anything else. Plus he has no chemistry with Christopher Sean - which seems impossible since he's a very sexy guy.

UO: Josh Griffith is a horrible writer. He has not written one story since he started that's resonated with me. I can't wait to see the back of him. I know he'll be replaced by Higley who herself has an awful track record but I don't remember feeling this despairing when she was in charge. Josh came here from Y&R which he managed to completely wreck before passing it to Jill Farren Phelps who proceeded to dismantle what was left.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Aymery said:

UO: I'm not enthusiastic about Freddie Smith's return. What could he possibly bring to the show? They are clearly not invested in portraying gay characters as Paul and Henry's token appearances attest. Freddie's never blown me away with his acting - I suspect his Emmy win was a concession more than anything else. Plus he has no chemistry with Christopher Sean - which seems impossible since he's a very sexy guy.

Please lord don't sic $(*% on me but...I agree. I think Freddie is a capable actor but he should not have won that Emmy. Not for that year and not for that scene. If Chandler hadn't slayed his submission the year before, I think Freddie SHOULD have had a chance for the hospital bedside scene but...that's stretching it.
If he comes back...I think it's to wrap up his character (at least for awhile). I'm not posting more b/c spoilers, maybe.

Edited by swtrgrl
(edited)

I don't have any interest in a Rafe/Hope/Aiden love triangle either. Not to say it's boring but I'm not invested in either character right now. Aiden is now a disgusting creep, Hope is a horrible person and mother and Rafe is just dull and stupid. I just don't care. And honestly, I have an inkling there might not be any long term plans for a Haiden reunion at all. So yeah I'm getting off the Haiden bandwagon and I'm not coming back on. 

Also this may also be unpopular but I don't want Theresa with anyone else on canvas in the event she does break up with Brady. They all suck. I prefer she waits until a new guy comes into town to romance her. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm not big on lovey nicknames, to put it mildly.  The "Smoochie" Seinfeld episode satirized it perfectly.  

Unless Mar starts calling Jawn "Fart Face", that I could live with.

• Love 3