Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

This is unpopular, but I have no issue with Theo being bullied. It probably happens to kids with autism throughout their lives. My issue is that it has anything to do with Chase lusting after his sister Ciara, who is in turn into Theo. Hun? Theo doesn't act like he has romantic feelings towards anyway (unless I've missed some scenes along the way).

Soaps used to explore so much more than just romance and revenge. They could have explored Theo adjusting to seeing more of his extended family on a regular basis and not being caught up in his hormones. Something. There's research that isn't being put into this story.

And really show...Chase? Chase is into Ciara? I don't see it. On multiple levels.

I very much look forward to Steve banging his side piece, Ava.

Um....why? I know zip about Steve, but it's clear he and Kayla are the show's one bright spot right now (Jarlena are better than they've been in a while but still really stale) and seeing creepy, greasy Ava slither around makes me see red. Steve being as dumb and Jawn and thinking he can sex her into behaving is beyond the pale, so you're really going to have to explain your enthusiasm to me please!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Yes, Steve and Kayla are the show's one bright spot and the show decides to screw it up. The Ava actress and storyline is as bad as the elephant disaster. Joey acting like a lovesick teenager just adds to the crap.

• Love 7

I've had more than enough of Eeyore to the point where I muted all of his scenes today and rarely do that.  He's playing the same old childish petulant character with the same old scowl on this face that he's done his entire run.  When isn't he angry about something or everything?  He looks like he needs a shower because he still can't deal with his own naked manhood.  I wish he'd died or at least be in prison.  I need a break and a completely new Eeyore.  He's usurped Rafe in the useless duh category.

Oh, and Jenn hanging around the AA meeting that's supposed to be private?  wth unless they're stoking the spark from a year ago.  Same as they missed the boat on Rope.

My unpopular opinion... ;)  I don't think Kayla owed Sami the time of day.  The last time we went through this same story, Sami was going to move Ava in down the hall from Steve and Kayla and their newborn baby for her own convenience.  BTDT.

• Love 2

I've had more than enough of Eeyore to the point where I muted all of his scenes today and rarely do that.  

Who is Eeyore? Are you talking about JJ? He's better with Gabby.

Unpopular Opinion (don't kill me Isa, etc...): I don't want Freddie Smith back (if indeed that is him in the pic from VI/JE). In any form.

• Love 2

Who is Eeyore? Are you talking about JJ? He's better with Gabby.

Unpopular Opinion (don't kill me Isa, etc...): I don't want Freddie Smith back (if indeed that is him in the pic from VI/JE). In any form.

Eoyore refers to Eric.

I didn't see anything special between him and Sparkle, which is who he'd get put with by default. Plus he'd probably act like Will didn't exist like everyone else apparently has. 

• Love 3

My unpopular opinion is that overall I think DAYS is really boring at the moment.

That's not unpopular. I think a bunch of us feel that way. It's boring and gory and depressing and...awful ... mostly.

Eoyore refers to Eric.

I didn't see anything special between him and Sparkle, which is who he'd get put with by default. Plus he'd probably act like Will didn't exist like everyone else apparently has. 

Honestly, I think Horita had way better chemistry than Paulson...is that an unpopular opinion? It's mine, anyway.

• Love 1

Honestly, I think Horita had way better chemistry than Paulson...is that an unpopular opinion? It's mine, anyway.

Will getting with Sonny's ex could have been interesting. Sonny/Sparkle almost hookup but don't and then the Wilson marriage breaks up for various reasons. Then Will/Sparkle end up together. Maybe it starts out as some sort of twisted revenge against Sonny but then they really develop feelings for each other. Neither of them are fully certain of the other's motives which makes them both uneasy about starting something. On top of that, Sonny eventually decides he wants Will back and starts scheming. Instead of coming back because Will was murdered, Sami returns because Sonny needs a partner in crime and she also teams up with Kate to steal the Dimera money. Very messy, but if done right it could've been so good.

• Love 3

I also don't want to see Sonny back. I just get no joy from the idea of Sonny falling in love with the guy who essentially broke up his marriage without intending to. Will is just the elephant in the room there. Better to let Paul move on from the trainwreck he got wrapped up in, and then bring back Sonny and use him in a storyline that doesn't make him out to be a doormat or an indecisive idiot or the Default Gay Husband in Salem.

Plus, the only person Paul had chemistry with was Guy's Will... and we don't want to see him again.

I hold out hope that someday they will bring Will back and Chandler Massey will reprise the role, or someone else with his level of engagement with the character.

Does anybody else get the feeling they are bringing Sonny back to quickly reunite him with Paul and move them both off the canvas to appease everyone's outrage over how Will was written out? I mean, if they pair of Paul and Sonny they can pretend that that was the endgame they were planning all along...see? They don't dislike them gays at all!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Does anybody else get the feeling they are bringing Sonny back to quickly reunite him with Paul and move them both off the canvas to appease everyone's outrage over how Will was written out? I mean, if they pair of Paul and Sonny they can pretend that that was the endgame they were planning all along...see? They don't dislike them gays at all!

Giving Sonny and Sparkle a happy ending after they killed off Will would only make the backlash worse. 

• Love 5

I also don't want to see Sonny back. I just get no joy from the idea of Sonny falling in love with the guy who essentially broke up his marriage without intending to. Will is just the elephant in the room there. Better to let Paul move on from the trainwreck he got wrapped up in, and then bring back Sonny and use him in a storyline that doesn't make him out to be a doormat or an indecisive idiot or the Default Gay Husband in Salem.

Plus, the only person Paul had chemistry with was Guy's Will... and we don't want to see him again.

I hold out hope that someday they will bring Will back and Chandler Massey will reprise the role, or someone else with his level of engagement with the character.

Everyone's dream (hyperbole, obvs) is that Chandler would come back but probably isn't happening. He's got school and movies now. I'm not sure anyone would want to come back when they're busy and successful...especially after how his "contract release" was handled.

ETA: I don't hate Guy Wilson. He's a nice person and I think he can act. Marlon Brando couldn't make that storyline work. No one could. The writers made Will into this pansy ass cheating whiner. 

If they bring Sonny back just to leave with Paul? No. Just no. 

I borderline already want this piece of shit show to be cancelled. That would push me over the edge. No amount of 1/2 naked Billy Flynn or cuteness of Jabi would change my mind.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1

I don't mind Hope and Rafe. I just don't like that romance on the heels of what happened with Aiden and Bo's body barely being barely cold.

I don't care for the Steve/Kayla living room. It just looks so much like a ... set to me. A good calibre set but a set nonetheless. It just lacks a warmth/intimacy and lived in feel that Hope's has or really any of the other home sets.

I find Martha Madsen just --- odd looking. I had been racking my brain trying to figure out what about her I find so odd, when the other day, I was re-watching 2001 A Space Odyssey and the space baby came on screen and I figured out what it was. Something about her head shape, eyes and features is just very reminiscent of a fetus to me. Her head is kinda light bulb shaped. I don't mean to rag on something she can't possibly help but to finally pinpoint (for me) what made her a bit off-putting to me is a bit of a relief. It was driving me a bit batty.

CreepyBaby.jpg

• Love 3

Her head is indeed a light bulb/alien shape (large, strong forehead and weak chin).  It takes me out of a scene sometimes, too, but not as as often and to the degree as KM's big face and man hands.  I do like MM's Veronica Lake-like hair, though. 

Kayla's living room needs better pillows and less Joey.

• Love 3

Why bring Will back, though? Will, even when played by CM, was horribly under developed and did little other than provide drama for better characters. His character was never assassinated, because he was never written as anything other than a spineless brat. I'm hard pressed to think of a storyline where he was the most compelling thing about it (other than his coming out story, but even then, I only found him interesting in relation to his family and the support they gave him)
He's my Abigail: a self centered, annoying character who didn't live up to his lineage. Keep him dead, please. 

• Love 5

Why bring Will back, though? Will, even when played by CM, was horribly under developed and did little other than provide drama for better characters. His character was never assassinated, because he was never written as anything other than a spineless brat. I'm hard pressed to think of a storyline where he was the most compelling thing about it (other than his coming out story, but even then, I only found him interesting in relation to his family and the support they gave him)

He's my Abigail: a self centered, annoying character who didn't live up to his lineage. Keep him dead, please. 

I agree with this completely! As I said in another post, Will was an extension of Sami. Once Sami left the canvass, it made sense for the character to flounder and ultimately fail. Even in his coming out story, Marlena, Sami, and to a much lesser extent, Kate is what really helped me to connect to the material. IMHO, I think the recasted actor just gave the producers and the audiences a convenient excuse for the directionless nature that the character has had since being lightly sorased during the Grace/Sydney storyline.

To add to my unpopular opinion, I don't want CM to return. I though he was awful as Will. He smirked his way through scenes, often at inappropriate times, he had no chemistry with Sonny, he often seemed extremely uncomfortable in his scenes with Sonny, and by the end of his  run, he was obviously bored and disinterested. I thought the new Will had much better chemistry with Sonny and at least seemed more engaged, although he received much worse writing, i.e. Will is the NEW SAMI. The only improvement CM would be from the recasted Will for me is that CM was much cuter and had a nicer chest.

Personally, instead of bringing Will back from the dead, I'd rather the show build the remaining living young, male Hortons. JJ, Jeremy, Nathan and Shawn D should be receiving a lot more focus from the show than they are currently receiving.

• Love 3

Why bring Will back, though? Will, even when played by CM, was horribly under developed and did little other than provide drama for better characters. His character was never assassinated, because he was never written as anything other than a spineless brat.

I don't want Will back at all. Full disclosure -- I missed most of curly-haired Will's teen years, missed CM taking, missed the coming out storyline. As an adult, I've watched Will write the article about his mother and Abby, belittle and cheat on Sonny, blackmail Sparkle's mother, and try to bury the truth about Sparkle and John. I have never seen one truly self-aware repentant moment from him from either CM or Guy. It's all about him, his needs, his priorities. And I think he's been unlikable far before Guy showed up.

I haven't been impressed by CM. He's got a weird disconnect -- I don't forget that I'm watching an actor, if you get what I mean. He doesn't disappear into the character. I think Guy did a good job -- he made the character completely intolerable, granted, but that was exactly what was written (and I think, intended, for whatever stupid reason). I don't think Show should have made us hate a legacy character like that, but I don't think Guy was the problem. He was just the vector.

Another unpopular opinion -- I didn't think it was bullshit that Will cheated on Sonny. I can see how Will's towering insecurities and massive selfishness led to him cheating in LA, and I watched the Will/Sparkle thing (and Will's revisionist history afterwords). I've seen quite a few people opine that Sonny should have been the one to cheat but, and I don't even know why I feel this so strongly, Sonny is not a cheater. He's just not that type of person. If Sonny wanted to sleep with someone else, I think he would separate from his current partner first. (Unlike his parents, who both suck.) Will was a cheater, a serial cheater at that, and a sneak, and that meshes with everything I've seen from the character. Him cheating felt organic -- figures the one time Show gets something right it's something disgusting.

• Love 2

Those are definitely uo's lol.

If you missed the coming out story then you missed what it was for Will to become Will. The writers ruined him with the writing about Sami and cheating. He wasn't like that before.

Insecure? Yes.

I don't agree that his cheating was organic.. not for the real Will. For the character assassinated Will maybe...not not the Will who grew up before our eyes over the last 20 years or so.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

Will cheating would have been less ridiculous if they had bothered to set it up properly. It seemed like Sonny was headed towards banging Sparkle and then out of nowhere the story changes course.

I agree. I think maybe they changed course when they thought up the "shocking" and "controversial" ratings grab of killing Will. Making WILL a lying cheating back stabber would "soften" the blow of killing a beloved character.

Guess what, Days?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1

Thanks to BlackMamba and others here who do such a great job of recap, I don't HAVE to watch this mess. My UO is that I hope Andre wins. Because I'm just generally tired of all the self righteousness in Salem. And as much as I like Hope, i HATE that they keep bringing her back as a cop. I despise this corrupt cop storyline. And IF Roman really does have brain cells and HAS figured out what Hope is up to, but is allowing it..I hope Andre gets the better of him too. Hell, I hope JJ arrests the whole LOT of them and turns Salem PD into something respectable.

• Love 4

My UO is that I want the show to get back on track.

I'll be honest - I know I'm not alone there, but I think a lot of folks are so fed up and angry that they'd rather see the show end than go on like this. Can't blame them. But I don't want DAYS to end.

I don't watch the other soaps. It was all about Another World for me, and DAYS just caught my eye back in the day because of the insane Kristen/Stefano stuff.

I suffered through some Bold and Beautiful for a few years and just never felt anything for the characters. DAYS, bad as it has become, still carries a weight with me. I miss characters who are written off and cheer for those who are getting good material and doing great stuff with it.

Once this ends, though, it's basically the end of Daytime, for me anyhow. And I don't want to see it go out with a whimper.

• Love 5

This forum isn't fun a anymore. Everybody who wants to quit watching the show should start their own thread.  I'm not quitting the show.

The forum is important because it gives us a chance to vent our frustrations. I quit for the two weeks or so that had that horrendous storyline with my beloved Steve and Kayla, but it was the posters here and their comments that brought me back, so it serves a valuable service. Think of how many others like myself would be off the show were it not for our glorious fellow posters.

• Love 4

I visit this place daily because of the objective criticism everyone offers, and the fact that people can vent while still being respected as fans of the show.

Sure, it's depressing right now - the writing isn't great. But folks are eager to see improvements.

• Love 7

The casting of Joe is brilliant.  He fits so well with the storyline and I like to think he is acting and not really that stupid.  But I don't care if it's either.  This is probably not so unpopular but Theo is even better.  I'm still shocked Ciara said you don't smoke you don't drink what do you do.  I felt badly for him and his performance was just great. I really like the teen scene and thank goodness JJ is legal because he is .... wheew. I've always liked Gabi, too.  She has grown as well.  Only I can't get Nick's valentine crotch pillow out of my head and our girl liked it.  Well, I like them both as actors.

• Love 3

I think Days is more entertaining & better than Y&R right now (which is the classy and top soap). That said, I will roast Abby and the He-Man impersonator they found outside Grauman's Theater to play Phillip, and complain about how dark the show is, and snark on Victor and Brady.

My UO JJ and Gabi are cute and refreshing in all the dreariness. But deep down I think she's too good for him or on another level. She has too much life experience and is more attractive than him and has more emotional intelligence.

• Love 4

I disagree that Gabi is too good for JJ. The woman is a convicted murderess who killed JJ's cousin in cold blood and got out of prison in a year on a technicality. If anything, he's too good for her.

That being said, I do enjoy both of them as a couple and they are both very good-looking. Camilla Banus is gorgeous but Casey Moss holds his own. If they intend to recreate the Valentine's Day crotch pillow scene with him I would not protest. I especially like that he's got hair on his chest unlike Brady and Philip whose chests are so waxy.

I'm really not enjoying Josh Griffith's reign of terror. The show is in a very bad place creatively and I'm hard-pressed to find even one appealing storyline besides JJ/Gabi (who only appear briefly, once a week). I have not seen Griffith honour history or legacy characters in any way. The golden anniversary celebrations were a farce. Where was the 'history' in holding the bicentennial gala in the never-before-mentioned Martin House? Even Horton Town Square, though relatively recent history, would have made more sense. Then there was the serial killer working his way through nondescript characters before senselessly murdering the character with the most storied legacy of all. A poorly-attended funeral followed; if you thought this might at least be the reason to see returning Hortons and other favourites, you would have been sadly mistaken. Not even his relatives who were on canvas bothered to show up!

Then we had another Horton, Hope, get married - to a man who was fantasizing about murdering her in her wedding gown on their honeymoon, who went through with the plan but was stopped by Bo, who had escaped months and months of torture, only to be felled by a brain tumor the very next day. Next, Eric Brady - the son of Roman and Marlena - is turned into an alcoholic overnight and kills his friend and seriously injures his stepbrother and ex-sister-in-law. Then, Ciara gets raped by her stepbrother on the Horton couch. Steve and Kayla's teenage son commits cold-blooded murder. And on it goes.

I think Josh Griffith totally lacks nuance or long-term vision. He lacks respect for history and seems to be an utterly joyless soul. I am extremely glad he is off the show and can only hope that Dena Higley won't make a mess again. Frankly, he's been so terrible that I think she would actually be an improvement over him. That, more than anything else, indicates what a low point the show is at right now, IMO.

• Love 5

My UO is

I will miss Eric.

I can't say that I will miss Eric but I will definitely miss Greg Vaughn's pretty.

MY UO, dead people should stay dead. I find it impossible to suspend disbelief if there is a body, positive ID and no question that the character is dead so they should stay that way. I feel my intelligence insulted when they try to twist it with an impossible, makes no sense tale. It angers me because it is usually just the writer being short-sighted and wanting to do something sensational and the show realizing down the line ... oops, shouldn't have done that so do over. Nope!!!

• Love 3

MY UO, dead people should stay dead. I find it impossible to suspend disbelief if there is a body, positive ID and no question that the character is dead so they should stay that way. I feel my intelligence insulted when they try to twist it with an impossible, makes no sense tale. It angers me because it is usually just the writer being short-sighted and wanting to do something sensational and the show realizing down the line ... oops, shouldn't have done that so do over. Nope!!!

Generally I agree with you but I'm so bitter about Will, I'll swallow any excuse/reasoning they come up with if they bring him back.

• Love 2
I still like Belle :)

Me too :) I get that she's being really wretched right now, but the actress makes it believable and human and not so awful that you want to hit her. I get the sense that if the writing isn't awful, we'll eventually see her realize the error of her ways with Claire in a satisfying fashion, and make peace with Shawn. Her lawyering skills, however, are still up in the air...

• Love 2

My unpopular opinion is that I actually do like Theresa & Brady a lot as a couple & unlike many people I actually have been enjoying Theresa's redemption arc. I think she was one of those characters that needed it badly in order to remain viable on the show. I refuse to buy that Shane & Kim's daughter was that horrific without any good reason. Sure there's still some room for improvement but for the most part I think Theresa has shown some amazing positive growth as a character and it's been a joy to see. On the other hand I don't expect Thrady to last at all & I'm sure by November sweeps Theresa may move on to someone else, probably Dario. But I'm going to do my best to enjoy them for as long and as much as I can. 

• Love 8

I like that they stopped having Theresa act like a rabid hateful bitch to everyone, but there was no buildup to her relationship with Brady. One minute Brady hated her, then he saw her hold tater tot a few times and then decided he loved her. And when exactly did Theresa fall in love with him?

• Love 5