Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I don't know why Jamey Giddens' opinion WRT a Mariah/Tessa pairing should carry any weight. He does know a lot about soap history- I'll give him that, but, that's about it. I listen to the DC podcast and he was a huge fan of MS and her ridiculous, OTT acting. Some of the storyline ideas he tweets are just awful and he's a huge fan of triangles. He's stated on Twitter that there should be a Sharon/Nick/Chelsea triangle and praised the Philly affair when it first started.

A few years ago, he was in talks with Y&R to join the writing team, but that didn't end up working out. If he had joined the writing team, I assure you that things would look very different- I could see him being like MAB- creating storylines for shock value.

Jasmey Giddens is little more than a wind machine, in my opinion, blowing smoke up whichever derriere he's trying to imprerss at the moment.

I had no idea he was even considered for a writing position at Y&R - whoever even floated that should have been put on medical leave until they came to their senses.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ezzylin said:

I don't know why Jamey Giddens' opinion WRT a Mariah/Tessa pairing should carry any weight. He does know a lot about soap history- I'll give him that, but, that's about it. I listen to the DC podcast and he was a huge fan of MS and her ridiculous, OTT acting. Some of the storyline ideas he tweets are just awful and he's a huge fan of triangles. He's stated on Twitter that there should be a Sharon/Nick/Chelsea triangle and praised the Philly affair when it first started.

A few years ago, he was in talks with Y&R to join the writing team, but that didn't end up working out. If he had joined the writing team, I assure you that things would look very different- I could see him being like MAB- creating storylines for shock value.

I don't think he carries anymore weight than you or I do. My point was I don't think he's some Hevon shipper with an agenda to pretend like Devon and Mariah were never attracted to each other, which is the accusation being thrown around. Nor is he someone who is seeking to make fun of CG's  looks or weight. 

(edited)

I think Esther should get a moment in the opening montage once in a while. If Cricket (who is hardly ever on) gets one here and there Kate Linder may as well too.

I also think Noah/Robert Adamson should too. The opening montage skews so old and at least he brings the pretty.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 5/26/2017 at 7:32 PM, evenstephens said:

Personally, I think CG & BJ look fine together, but there is no particular hot spark in their chemistry between them.

When I say that I don't think they look good together, this is exactly what I mean, I'm not referring to their physical looks...both are perfectly fine looking people as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not even sure anymore whether it's popular/unpopular to have this opinion, so I'll shut up now so I'm not off topic :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I like JT as Billy. No, I didn't watch GH before. Admittedly, I was not a BM fan. I also like Philly. I think they have a spark that no other couple on the show has right now. I just think GT and JT work very well together. This is now a show full of bland, safe couples and that's not exactly riveting soap drama for this viewer.  This does not, however, make me a crazy Philly Stan, since a) I'm not on Twitter and b) I'm not as invested in this show as many.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I like JT as Billy. No, I didn't watch GH before. Admittedly, I was not a BM fan. I also like Philly. I think they have a spark that no other couple on the show has right now. I just think GT and JT work very well together.

Lithogirl: thems brave words! I sort of see your point of view. But to me Billy Miller with that shit-eating grin and stocky shoulders IS Billy Abbott! So I'm not there with you on JT. I wish BM had never left, and I believed in the couple who are unalike in so many ways with Victoria in that incarnation of Billy.

That being said, I feel GT's Phyllis has more of a spark currently, and I don't loathe this romance exactly. GT's Phyllis bored me before (time for a really unpopular opinion: I prefer Michelle Stafford's Phyllis while conceding she was inserted into too many storylines under MAB) and now there is something there and I'm willing to see it played out. I don't think Philly is the long game, but it's not distracting (or enraging!) to me like it seems to be for some. I don't think JT is a bad actor either.

ETA: My boyfriend occasionally watches with me (ostensibly while on his laptop working) and he said he likes JT/Billy's blazer with a polo thing and is going to try it out.  Assuming that too is an unpopular opinion so I thought I'd share! :)

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 8
(edited)

I have some unpopular Billy opinions.  I like JT as Billy just fine.  However, while I like Billy Miller, Burgess Jenkins is by far my favorite Billy.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

I saw EB on an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker last night. I don't care what anyone says, he was absolutely gorgeous in the seventies. He was slender, not skinny but wiry. He had longish hair and was tanned and sexy as shit. Oh and he was a werewolf, so I guess not much has changed. :)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I saw EB on an episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker last night. I don't care what anyone says, he was absolutely gorgeous in the seventies. He was slender, not skinny but wiry. He had longish hair and was tanned and sexy as shit. Oh and he was a werewolf, so I guess not much has changed. :)

icky icky poo poo

• Love 2

So I think Billy Miller is a very problematic Billy Abbott because physically and acting wise, he's diminutive bar fridge man child who relies far too heavily on mugging to the camera and talks from the back of his mouth.  I just find him very limited and think he only really works with AH.  But there doesn't seem to be anything grown up about him.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

So I think Billy Miller is a very problematic Billy Abbott because physically and acting wise, he's diminutive bar fridge man child who relies far too heavily on mugging to the camera and talks from the back of his mouth.  I just find him very limited and think he only really works with AH.  But there doesn't seem to be anything grown up about him.  

I am pretty sure, @Big Blue Plate, that this is not an unpopular opinion!

I keep trying to like him, but I really don't and he is just not Billy at all.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:45 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

Billy Miller is like a more talented Ronn Moss in that his own natural charm made a fairly unlikable character a lot more palpable. It also helped that at the time he was cast, Billy Abbott was still young enough to pull off these misadventures and boneheaded decisions. Now, the character is basically the equivalent to Thorston Kaye's version of Ridge with no grace or charm whatsoever, showing the character for the selfish jerk he always was.

• Love 6

If not for all the gutting the Abbotts have taken, I'd be all for killing Billy off and cutting their losses. He's got two legacy blood offspring,  which is more than Colleen and Delia got.

But he can disappear back to Hong Kong for all I care. No more recasts.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

If not for all the gutting the Abbotts have taken, I'd be all for killing Billy off and cutting their losses. He's got two legacy blood offspring,  which is more than Colleen and Delia got.

But he can disappear back to Hong Kong for all I care. No more recasts.

I'm never going to be okay with losing Colleen.  It was such a terrible waste of a character, even making Tracy collateral damage and for what?  Such a waste.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

i think mariah is beautiful and has a great woman's body..

i do not find she looks overweight (as i have seen some post) or frumpy.

i think there is too much emphasis on looking as thin as possible instead of looking healthy and i DO believe some actresses would be wise to go eat a sandwich..

however, when i was younger i too thought you could never be too skinny but yes, yes you can.

oh, and another unpopular opinion is i can't stand abby...haven't cared for her since she was 6 yrs. old.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i think mariah is beautiful and has a great woman's body..

i do not find she looks overweight (as i have seen some post) or frumpy.

i think there is too much emphasis on looking as thin as possible instead of looking healthy and i DO believe some actresses would be wise to go eat a sandwich..

however, when i was younger i too thought you could never be too skinny but yes, yes you can.

oh, and another unpopular opinion is i can't stand abby...haven't cared for her since she was 6 yrs. old.

YES on all counts, valleycliffe.  I so agree.

• Love 8
On 7/4/2017 at 2:19 PM, peacheslatour said:

I don't know why everyone is saying Mariah looks frumpy. I think her little  outfit looks really cute.

It was before she got down to her little outfit. She did look cute after. But Hillary was dressed down from the get-go to make Mariah look less than desirable compared to her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I want Hillary with a Newman. Noah, Nick, maybe even Victor (hehe). She is the best vixen-character on the show and is wasted spinning around Devon and Mariah. 

I still don't think it's too late to make Noah gay.....but it's getting there. If gay is completely off the table for Noah (they'd need to bring on a new hot bartender who is openly gay or something to make this happen, I don't think the actor could do it all angsty "I've come to this on my own") than put him with Hillary!!!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 4
On 7/12/2017 at 6:04 AM, JasonCC said:

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I want Hillary with a Newman. Noah, Nick, maybe even Victor (hehe).

Oh my god. The havoc they could wreak!  GC would burn (in a good way).

My unpopular opinion is that I hope someone chops Nikki's hands off so we don't have to sit through any more endless piano recital stories. I am not unsympathetic to the cause of curing multiple sclerosis, but... *yeesh*.

• Love 7

my unpopular opinion is that cane really is the daddy to juliette's bun in the oven.  it is not a scam or a con...she is not pregnant by mr. sato or anyone other than cane.

i also think that as juliette gets larger with child, lily is going to feel upset about it because juliette is giving cane another child when she will never be able to.

as much as i hate lily and cane too, i think this will be a good meaty s/l for ck to try and sink her teeth into...who knows, she may even do a good job of it.

• Love 9
On 7/13/2017 at 0:18 PM, valleycliffe said:

my unpopular opinion is that cane really is the daddy to juliette's bun in the oven.

I only have this show on in the background anymore, so the details are sort of hazy. Do you think she faked the paternity test results (a la Sharon)?

• Love 2
16 hours ago, glowlights said:

I only have this show on in the background anymore, so the details are sort of hazy. Do you think she faked the paternity test results (a la Sharon)?

A surprise twist on Y&R would be that someone didn't fake paternity test results :)

• Love 13
On 7/17/2017 at 3:18 PM, valleycliffe said:

no glowlights, i don't.

just like when sharon got the dna results for faith.. she didn't lie either.

I thought she snuck into a hospital office and changed the results? Maybe that was a dream sequence because they never explained how she would know to do that.

The one good thing about Jack and Nikki together is hopefully he will keep her too busy for any more piano recitals.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, glowlights said:

I thought she snuck into a hospital office and changed the results? Maybe that was a dream sequence because they never explained how she would know to do that.

The one good thing about Jack and Nikki together is hopefully he will keep her too busy for any more piano recitals.

that was for nick's paternity test on summer....i still don't believe it

• Love 3
On 7/28/2017 at 5:24 PM, valleycliffe said:

that was for nick's paternity test on summer....i still don't believe it

Trust me - you can't sneak into Lowes and access your blind order without three passwords and a red vest.

• Love 5

Don't know where to put this, but let me frame it to say I hate what Victor's character has done to the show, how much damage etc.

BUT, I just watched an interview of EB on Travis Smiley (PBS) hawking his book. They got into politics and such. EB was much more intelligent than I expected. He showed a true understanding of European history, history of the formation of Middle East etc. I couldn't help but like him. Maybe not enough to buy his book, but liked what he had to say. Shocked me.

Too bad he plays a juvenile vindictive asshole. "Fomyfamby..." but causes the 'death' of one of his sons, he's trying to sabotage another, tries to sabotage the mental health of his daughter in law/ex wife etc...

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

You can have it. I have dibs in perpetuity on Sharon's cottage.

Extra-special crabby-bitch UO here: I loathe both sets. [Warned you...]

Don't like Craftsman/Mission style furniture; really hate Tiffany-style lamps; don't even get me started on board or log walls...

There now.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, pearlite said:

Extra-special crabby-bitch UO here: I loathe both sets. [Warned you...]

Don't like Craftsman/Mission style furniture; really hate Tiffany-style lamps; don't even get me started on board or log walls...

There now.

For me, the cottage set looks too much like a storage for all your mom's furniture projects she's saving for a sale on Annie Sloan chalk paint. It just looks so dark and cluttered.

B&B has kept many of the same sets over the 30 year history, but aside from the CEO office, the houses all have gotten occasional updates. The beach house is no longer sunshine yellow like it was fifteen years ago when Deacon and Bridget lived there, for example. I wish they could just make some slight tweaks to make that cottage a little more HD-friendly.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

O.k. guys flame away but I think MST and EB have incredible chemistry. I hate Prictor as mush as any of us but to me there are some sparks between them even at their advanced ages.

Are you positive, my dear Peacheslatour, that spark isn't just Victor lighting his farts?  

Ambiance in lighting can make or break a romantic dinner.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, boes said:

Are you positive, my dear Peacheslatour, that spark isn't just Victor lighting his farts?  

Ambiance in lighting can make or break a romantic dinner.

Smooches, my dude. I know it's UO as hell but I'm so fucking old I still cling to my youthful delusions of Victor, when I used to swoon.

• Love 4

I have always preferred Victor with Ashley. He's less gross with her. She kind of deserves him too. 

And THAT was the Newman Abbott relationship that actually added legit drama -- not the Villy crap that show has tried to push for years (or Summer and Kyle, lmao).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Smooches, my dude. I know it's UO as hell but I'm so fucking old I still cling to my youthful delusions of Victor, when I used to swoon.

I get it, I really do.  Victor, back in the day, was something.  I wish Show had kept him more of a gray character than this Creature from the Black Lagoon he ended up as.

And hey, I'm the guy who liked the Dirty Tan Sofa version of Billy!

• Love 6

I wouldn't mind if Nikki and Victor got together and stayed together if their relationship wasn't so gross. There was a time I believe they loved each other, but Victor has gone too far down the road of being a loveless husk. 

Victor and Ashley are one of my all time most hated soap couples. They're the source of so much crap on this show: Abby, hatefulness towards Jack, Adam's unspeakable gaslighting of Ashley... 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I wouldn't mind if Nikki and Victor got together and stayed together if their relationship wasn't so gross. There was a time I believe they loved each other, but Victor has gone too far down the road of being a loveless husk. 

Victor and Ashley are one of my all time most hated soap couples. They're the source of so much crap on this show: Abby, hatefulness towards Jack, Adam's unspeakable gaslighting of Ashley... 

True. I was thinking way back, mid 80s. And then later with warm Ashley and Victor (ie Brenda Epperson). The sperm Abby and Adam shit is blocked from my mind.

At least if Ash is with Victor she can stop claiming she’s a better Abbott than Jack.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

True. And if Ash is with Victor, she might accidentally get locked in his crypt after a night of passion.

I think this is what I meant by she deserves him. She treats nice guys like shit (see Jack, Ravi) so go get your alpha male, Ash.

Also @peacheslatour I don't think you're off about Nikki and Victor. I would like to see them together without being gross too. Nikki should be a lush (low level, not this intervention crap. But they will never do that), having affairs with hot young men on the side, and speaking truths about her husband and how she puts up with it because she likes being Lady Newman.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10