Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LeftPhalange

Unpopular Opinions

Recommended Posts

Wrong thread!  My apologies!  I just moved the recap over to the Cdn site. 

Edited by bannana · Reason: Stupidity
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

He helps her study, she encourages him to follow his dreams, and the next thing you know they are kissing!  I think they make a good couple.

I do too. All the better to keep him out of the various venomous clutches of Phyl, Ash and Blabby. Scott seems like he has integrity and honor. Two things pretty much foreign to the denizens of Gutter City.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I do too. All the better to keep him out of the various venomous clutches of Phyl, Ash and Blabby. Scott seems like he has integrity and honor. Two things pretty much foreign to the denizens of Gutter City.

@peacheslatour, I think you may have to put a spoiler tag on the quote from my recap.  Sorry, I posted it in the wrong thread!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol. What? I know it's the wrong thread but I don't think I said anything spoilery.

No, not you, but the quote from recap re the

Spoiler

kiss

I guess that is not earth shattering, but some people might think it is!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bannana said:

No, not you, but the quote from recap re the

  Reveal hidden contents

kiss

I guess that is not earth shattering, but some people might think it is!

Oh, well. Life goes on. Sorry bananna, but at the rate things are NOT happening on Show, I wouldn't worry about it. If we get a spanking from the mods I'm sure we'll be back to snark another day. You are doing the lord's work my friend.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

UO: I think Cane is okay and I'm coming around on him. We need a non-Newman/non-Abbott in that age bracket, and I like him being in Victoria's orbit/business storylines now. I think one of the reasons I was always meh on him is I resented the Chancellors being destroyed and him somehow being pimped with Jill all the time.  Just bring back Chance (original recipe or recast) for that.

He's bland, but not as bland as Dylan/Steve Burton was. He also is better looking and younger looking than JT's Billy.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I mostly agree with Jason... Cane is OK sometimes and could be OK all the time... the character just needs some direction.  But all Jason's points are right on.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

DG was really hot in his younger Beastmaster days.  The show was stupid as hell, but I'm shallow and will sit through something stupid for abs and eye candy.  Bonus points for cute jungle animals!  But I agree that the character of Cane is problematic and could do with some tinkering.  If I had to choose between DG and JT?  No contest...

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

DG was really hot in his younger Beastmaster days.  The show was stupid as hell, but I'm shallow and will sit through something stupid for abs and eye candy.  Bonus points for cute jungle animals!  But I agree that the character of Cane is problematic and could do with some tinkering.  If I had to choose between DG and JT?  No contest...

Wow, he sure was. Fabulous abs, plus he looked like a young Matthew McConaughey.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, JasonCC said:

Just bring back Chance (original recipe or recast) for that.

Chance! I so forgot about him. He'd be great for more Jill story.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

DG was really hot in his younger Beastmaster days.  The show was stupid as hell, but I'm shallow and will sit through something stupid for abs and eye candy.  Bonus points for cute jungle animals!

I used to watch the show on mute. It was better that way and nice to look at while I did laundry. When DG showed up on Y&R, I felt dumb that I didn't even recognize him but then it was years later and his hair was short and brown (not long and blonde) and he was wearing clothes and not just a loincloth.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 2017-05-15 at 8:37 PM, Snaporaz said:

DG was really hot in his younger Beastmaster days.

Jeezuz, wtf happened to him! Did Braeden sire him in the vampire sense or did Goddard sell him his soul? 

879528492-img-thing_.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

^^^ Your not wrong there Big Blue, it looks like that adorable tigger sucked him dry long before Braeden got a fang near him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Cane is attractive. And I don't find him pale or pasty. I'm pale and pasty. Seriously, my legs could be used as a light source should the power ever go out. That being said, Cane is annoying as fuck. Especially in this current story line butting heads with Billy.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I think Cane is attractive. And I don't find him pale or pasty. I'm pale and pasty. Seriously, my legs could be used as a light source should the power ever go out. That being said, Cane is annoying as fuck. Especially in this current story line butting heads with Billy.

Yes, he is super annoying, plus he mumbles. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I think Cane is attractive. And I don't find him pale or pasty. I'm pale and pasty. Seriously, my legs could be used as a light source should the power ever go out. That being said, Cane is annoying as fuck. Especially in this current story line butting heads with Billy.

Anything that fucks up The Thing That Wouldn't Die on the thing that wouldn't die is aces in my book.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Anything that fucks up The Thing That Wouldn't Die on the thing that wouldn't die is aces in my book.

AMEN!!!!  Go Cane.  Master those beasts!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-1-14 at 2:13 PM, ByTor said:

By "what they want" I meant as in Sally re-establishing the show.  I totally understand the frustration, but for now I'll bear with the slower pacing because I was getting really sick of the former regimes dismissing the past as if it never happened, making the characters behave ridiculously out of character, etc.  I don't, however, think there's any doubt that this show (well any soap) will never be the same again.

I think she has just about destroyed the show or what was left of it.. she is the most boring writer we have had and it gets worse every day.. the show stinks. BOOOOOOO

Share this post


Link to post
On 2017-4-26 at 2:17 PM, MollyB said:

why is the hatred so visceral for them?

LOL it really is isn't it.. that is the reason I like them HA HA HA

On 2017-5-10 at 0:13 PM, pearlite said:

I could effing care less if Adam is reborn, recast, retreaded, reaffirmed, reiterated, whatever,

OMG me too.. can't stand Adam and don't care if he ever comes back to life..

On 2017-5-15 at 5:52 PM, JasonCC said:

UO: I think Cane is okay and I'm coming around on him

UGH so not me.. I despise this cretin more than ever.. what a self serving hypocrite.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, crosby777 said:
On 4/26/2017 at 1:17 PM, MollyB said:

why is the hatred so visceral for them?

LOL it really is isn't it.. that is the reason I like them HA HA HA

I'm right with you here!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I also used to dislike Philly far more than I do now. However, the hate that now veers toward the irrational side for not only Phyllis and Billy but bleeds into JT and GT now has really softened me. I'm a sucker for anyone I think treated unfairly. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm right with you here!

Funny how that works.. this board is totally the reason I like JT.. the hate for him almost feels real LOL So of course I like him.. and I wasn't a fan of his when he was on GH. But he wasn't so hated then.

1 hour ago, DivaT said:

I also used to dislike Philly far more than I do now. However, the hate that now veers toward the irrational side for not only Phyllis and Billy but bleeds into JT and GT now has really softened me. I'm a sucker for anyone I think treated unfairly. 

 I really agree with so many of your posts.. this one is especially good. The hate has gone beyond Phyllis and Billy and onto GT and JT.. it happened to MS too when her character got put with nick.. yowsa.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/22/2017 at 10:04 AM, DivaT said:

I also used to dislike Philly far more than I do now. However, the hate that now veers toward the irrational side for not only Phyllis and Billy but bleeds into JT and GT now has really softened me. I'm a sucker for anyone I think treated unfairly. 

If you like them, cool. And if you like them more because it is not the popular position on this board, that's cool too. But I have to take issue with accusations that anyone on this board is treating actors unfairly. f we were pooling resources and sending  "JT and GT SUCK" airplanes or collectively lobbying show to fire them, okay, we can be accused of "treating them unfairly." But we are doing no such thing. We are merely snarking the fuck out of them on a pretty obscure thread online (at a board that prides itself on snark). And as far as I can tell both JT and GT are being treated more than fairly by the show: they are given front burner stories, are on daily (despite both being newbie recasts), continue to do promotion and receive plenty of positive push from the network, and furthermore they are no doubt paid very well. So how they are people to be pitied because of unfair treatment is beyond me. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, miamama said:

If you like them, cool. And if you like them more because it is not the popular position on this board, that's cool too. But I have to take issue with accusations that anyone on this board is treating actors unfairly. f we were pooling resources and sending  "JT and GT SUCK" airplanes or collectively lobbying show to fire them, okay, we can be accused of "treating them unfairly." But we are doing no such thing. We are merely snarking the fuck out of them on a pretty obscure thread online (at a board that prides itself on snark). And as far as I can tell both JT and GT are being treated more than fairly by the show: they are given front burner stories, are on daily (despite both being newbie recasts), continue to do promotion and receive plenty of positive push from the network, and furthermore they are no doubt paid very well. So how they are people to be pitied because of unfair treatment is beyond me. 

Fair enough...however, it seems to me what is being done to them here is no different than what some CLAIM is being done to CG elsewhere. And there was a pretty big issue taken with how she's allegedly being unfairly treated by meanies. I fail to see the difference. Especially considering she's getting it all from the show as well. But she's being pitied. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, miamama said:

If you like them, cool. And if you like them more because it is not the popular position on this board, that's cool too. But I have to take issue with accusations that anyone on this board is treating actors unfairly. f we were pooling resources and sending  "JT and GT SUCK" airplanes or collectively lobbying show to fire them, okay, we can be accused of "treating them unfairly." But we are doing no such thing. We are merely snarking the fuck out of them on a pretty obscure thread online (at a board that prides itself on snark). And as far as I can tell both JT and GT are being treated more than fairly by the show: they are given front burner stories, are on daily (despite both being newbie recasts), continue to do promotion and receive plenty of positive push from the network, and furthermore they are no doubt paid very well. So how they are people to be pitied because of unfair treatment is beyond me. 

Agreed.  And to me, the accusations seem mostly like faux outrage because the ones being snarked on aren't who they'd prefer.   Thankfully, this board doesn't indulge that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, miamama said:

And as far as I can tell both JT and GT are being treated more than fairly by the show

They are two newbie recasts who have Mal Young's ear and the priority is not respecting story, characters, or history but to show them screwing for their fangirls because they're "hot." How do I NOT comment on this? If this applied to Camryn Grimes or any other actor, I'd comment on it then, too.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On May 22, 2017 at 8:04 AM, DivaT said:

 

I also used to dislike Philly far more than I do now. However, the hate that now veers toward the irrational side for not only Phyllis and Billy but bleeds into JT and GT now has really softened me. I'm a sucker for anyone I think treated unfairly. 

 

 

17 hours ago, miamama said:

If you like them, cool. And if you like them more because it is not the popular position on this board, that's cool too. But I have to take issue with accusations that anyone on this board is treating actors unfairly. f we were pooling resources and sending  "JT and GT SUCK" airplanes or collectively lobbying show to fire them, okay, we can be accused of "treating them unfairly." But we are doing no such thing. We are merely snarking the fuck out of them on a pretty obscure thread online (at a board that prides itself on snark). And as far as I can tell both JT and GT are being treated more than fairly by the show: they are given front burner stories, are on daily (despite both being newbie recasts), continue to do promotion and receive plenty of positive push from the network, and furthermore they are no doubt paid very well. So how they are people to be pitied because of unfair treatment is beyond me. 

 

17 hours ago, DivaT said:

Fair enough...however, it seems to me what is being done to them here is no different than what some CLAIM is being done to CG elsewhere. And there was a pretty big issue taken with how she's allegedly being unfairly treated by meanies. I fail to see the difference. Especially considering she's getting it all from the show as well. But she's being pitied. 

I think there's a major difference when it comes to the flak that CG gets compared to GT/JT. The criticism that CG faces is much more personal than what GT/JT face- no one has criticized the way their characters look together. When people say Mariah is a "bigger girl" and she "towers" over Devon, IMO that's directly aimed at CG because she shares those physical traits with her character. When CG responds to the criticism from Hevon fans on Twitter, she's accused of "picking fights" with them. 

On the other hand, the criticism that GT/JT face WRT Philly is that even though that relationship based on sex, they along with MY have been pimping this pairing as if it's a love story for the ages. Again, no one has said that Philly look mismatched as a couple even though their relationship is purely physical. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I think CG & BJ look fine together, but there is no particular hot spark in their chemistry between them.

GT & JT work well together, but not playing those characters together. Despite the age difference, GT has done a fine job as Phyllis. The issue with JT as Billy is that he not only has physicality stacked against him, but he's also not acting the character traits out well, it doesn't authentically feel like Billy.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

8 minutes ago, ezzylin said:

 

 

I think there's a major difference when it comes to the flak that CG gets compared to GT/JT. The criticism the CG faces is much more personal than what GT/JT face- no one has criticized the way their characters look together. When people say Mariah is a "bigger girl" and she "towers" over Devon, IMO that's directly aimed at CG because she shares those physical traits with her character. When CG responds to the criticism from Hevon fans on Twitter, she's accused of "picking fights" with them. 

On the other hand, the criticism that GT/JT face WRT Philly is that even though that relationship based on sex, they along with MY have been pimping this pairing as if it's a love story for the ages. Again, no one has said that Philly look mismatched as a couple even though their relationship is purely physical. 

I can't let the bolded go without correction. CG has never responded to any criticism about that.  What she has done is started crap with Hevon fans when no one was in her mentions talking to her. The whole "I can't come out my house cause Hevon mob will have pitch forks" is a prime example. She was picking on Hevon fans who were NOT engaging her. it's the same crap she did when she called a fan out on Twitter who didn't like Mariah on a message board. She used the person's handle from the message board and all. It's absurd that she'd do both. I understand defending yourself when attacked. But that isn't what happened. No one is bringing the fight to her so to speak. And I can't let this pass without saying for posterity for at least the 20th time, it's not just Hevon fans who think they look "strange", "odd", "weird", "forced", etc. I don't get this insistence that its just them who make these statements. 

While people may not be talking about the way GT look, they sure are talking about behavior.  She's been called desperate and pathetic. Her behavior described as odd. It doesn't get anymore personal. 

Now, I've seen folks on here say plenty personal things about how Billy/JT looks. Someone even questioned whether he had chemistry with his wife. That's very personal. 

26 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

Personally, I think CG & BJ look fine together, but there is no particular hot spark in their chemistry between them.

GT & JT work well together, but not playing those characters together. Despite the age difference, GT has done a fine job as Phyllis. The issue with JT as Billy is that he not only has physicality stacked against him, but he's also not acting the character traits out well, it doesn't authentically feel like Billy.

Physicality? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DivaT said:

Physicality? 

What I mean about physicality in relation to Billy is that he's gone from being a broad blonde hair blue eyed man to a brown hair brown eyed lean man. Y&R tried to make it explainable through the plastic surgery storyline, but it wasn't convincing enough due to JT's lack of conviction in the role.

I don't think JT is particularly a bad actor, but I don't think he fits the role of Billy at all well.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, evenstephens said:

What I mean about physicality in relation to Billy is that he's gone from being a broad blonde hair blue eyed man to a brown hair brown eyed lean man. Y&R tried to make it explainable through the plastic surgery storyline, but it wasn't convincing enough due to JT's lack of conviction in the role.

I don't think JT is particularly a bad actor, but I don't think he fits the role of Billy at all well.

I think the show changed the character of Billy to fill the void of Adam. It's been a fail imo but nevertheless, they persists.

I don't really have a problem in changing hair and eye color or build. It's a soap and allowances must be made. But his portrayal and the strange thing he was doing with his voice in the beginning grated. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, DivaT said:

GT look, they sure are talking about behavior.  She's been called desperate and pathetic. Her behavior described as odd. It doesn't get anymore personal. 

She puts herself out there for that type of criticism. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She puts herself out there for that type of criticism. 

LMBO.

Concur. One can argue they all do by going into the entertainment industry. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DivaT said:

I can't let the bolded go without correction. CG has never responded to any criticism about that.  What she has done is started crap with Hevon fans when no one was in her mentions talking to her. The whole "I can't come out my house cause Hevon mob will have pitch forks" is a prime example. She was picking on Hevon fans who were NOT engaging her. it's the same crap she did when she called a fan out on Twitter who didn't like Mariah on a message board. She used the person's handle from the message board and all. It's absurd that she'd do both. I understand defending yourself when attacked. But that isn't what happened. No one is bringing the fight to her so to speak. And I can't let this pass without saying for posterity for at least the 20th time, it's not just Hevon fans who think they look "strange", "odd", "weird", "forced", etc. I don't get this insistence that its just them who make these statements. 

 

How do you know that Hevon fans were not engaging her? I don't think she would make a statement like that about the Hevon fans unless they made their feelings known about her and her character, by extension. Unless you have access to her personal Twitter account, how do you know what people tweet her? CG may be choosing (for her own sanity) not to respond to every negative tweet she receives. 

I get that people are entitled to their opinion when they say Devon and Mariah look "strange", "odd", "weird", "forced", but it's the fact that when they use those words, it's followed by some not so subtle digs at Mariah's sexuality- which comes off as incredibly offensive. 

Edited by ezzylin
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

She puts herself out there for that type of criticism. 

Personally, to me, I find GT to be a younger professional actress who really cares about her craft.

A lot of people on this forum were quick to point out that MS wasn't happy about being back with PB as Phyllis & Jack after Phyllis/Nick, but Gina gave a lot of respect to PB when she gave her acceptance speech as Lead Actress for the Daytime Emmy.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

Personally, to me, I find GT to be a younger professional actress who really cares about her craft.

A lot of people on this forum were quick to point out that MS wasn't happy about being back with PB as Phyllis & Jack after Phyllis/Nick, but Gina gave a lot of respect to PB when she gave her acceptance speech as Lead Actress for the Daytime Emmy.

IMO, GT says all the "right" things about PB publicly, sure. But then is completely transfixed with only being paired with JT and has absolutely no idea (or she doesn't care) what the character of Phyllis would do or say. She plays Phyllis like a teen in love and apparently that's what she wants to do with her "craft."

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ezzylin said:

How do you know that Hevon fans were not engaging her? I don't think she would make a statement like that about the Hevon fans unless they made their feelings known about her and her character, by extension. Unless you have access to her personal Twitter account, how do you know what people tweet her? CG may be choosing (for her own sanity) not to respond to every negative tweet she receives. 

I get that people are entitled to their opinion when they say Devon and Mariah look "strange", "odd", "weird", "forced", it's the fact that when they use those words, it's followed by some not so subtle digs at Mariah's sexuality- which comes off as incredibly offensive. 

Because I can read her mentions on Twitter. I know exactly what's being tweeted to her and anyone else, including GT, at any given time by checking those. 

CG also previewed their first date in the mags where she also mentioned Hevon fans BEFORE Hevon fans even knew Mariah was going to be paired with Devon. Honestly, I think she expected a bunch of blow back and decided to do a preemptive strike. Terrible idea. 

I don't think that's the case about her sexuality most of the time. I think it means exactly what they're saying it means. Pair both with someone they have better chemistry with or they look better with. Nothing more or nothing less...most of the time.  Other times, it probably is agenda driven. Ex: yesterday Giddens of DC was hinting at Mariah and Tessa being paired. I just think he might want a gay characters on Y&R. He has a tendency to do that. 

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

IMO, GT says all the "right" things about PB publicly, sure. But then is completely transfixed with only being paired with JT and has absolutely no idea (or she doesn't care) what the character of Phyllis would do or say. She plays Phyllis like a teen in love and apparently that's what she wants to do with her "craft."

 

You don't think how she plays Phyllis had anything to do with what's on the page and how she's directed? Is it all mostly acting  choice? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DivaT said:

You don't think how she plays Phyllis had anything to do with what's on the page and how she's directed? Is it all mostly acting  choice? 

GT had a fan event with JT where she told the audience that she likes to play the "lighter, romcom" material of Philly. This same romcom material that Mal Young loves so damn much. I'm pretty OK with assuming this was something they all liked and agreed upon. GT *wants* this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

IMO, GT says all the "right" things about PB publicly, sure. But then is completely transfixed with only being paired with JT and has absolutely no idea (or she doesn't care) what the character of Phyllis would do or say. She plays Phyllis like a teen in love and apparently that's what she wants to do with her "craft."

I get your point about GT & JT, they're relatively close in age.

It's not GT's fault that JFP was looking for someone 35-40 to replace Phyllis when the character was clearly on the mid-forties spectrum. For example, the age difference between GT as Phyllis and MG as Daniel is absolutely ridiculous.

Although, I don't think GT is saying all the rights things regarding PB just for show. She had to play Phyllis awakening from a coma to a marriage with Jack. GT saying she learnt a lot from PB didn't seem like she was saying it just for the sake of it.

Edited by evenstephens
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

GT had a fan event with JT where she told the audience that she likes to play the "lighter, romcom" material of Philly. This same romcom material that Mal Young loves so damn much. I'm pretty OK with assuming this was something they all liked and agreed upon. GT *wants* this.

I don't think there was ever any doubt that GT wants this story and pairing. At least to me, there was never any doubt that she loves this. But I think her opinion/feelings on the subject are driven mostly by ego. All these people are the same. They live for the roar of the crowd. Whatever makes the crowd roar the lowdest is what they'll pursue. It's all about attention, buzz, etc. They'll put up with anything to have it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

I get your point about GT & JT, they're relatively close in age.

It's not GT's fault that JFP was looking for someone 35-40 to replace Phyllis when the character was clearly on the mid-forties spectrum. For example, the age difference between GT as Phyllis and MG as Daniel is absolutely ridiculous.

Although, I don't think GT is saying all the rights things regarding PB just for show. She had to play Phyllis awakening from a coma to a marriage with Jack. GT saying she learnt a lot from PB didn't seem like she was saying it just for the sake of it.

I also thought GT was very sensitive to PB during her speech. I thought she meant it. She's fully aware that in order for Philly to happen, PB has to swallow his ego and step aside. She's been in the game long enough to know that's not an easy thing for a vet like him. Again, I thought she meant it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DivaT said:

I also thought GT was very sensitive to PB during her speech. I thought she meant it. She's fully aware that in order for Philly to happen, PB has to swallow his ego and step aside. She's been in the game long enough to know that's not an easy thing for a vet like him. Again, I thought she meant it. 

Philly happened because they had the support of Mal Young, who clearly used the "loudness" on Twitter (of the SAME users posting over and over again) to back up his point. GT is lucky Mal Young is on her side. PB and how he may or may not feel about it is irrelevant.

22 minutes ago, evenstephens said:

Although, I don't think GT is saying all the rights things regarding PB just for show. She had to play Phyllis awakening from a coma to a marriage with Jack. GT saying she learnt a lot from PB didn't seem like she was saying it just for the sake of it.

Edited 17 minutes ago by evenstephens.

I'm not saying she's being fake about PB. Not at all. I'm saying it's separate from what she actually wants to do on this show. Her preference is to play romcom with JT. Character history and story is irrelevant to her. If Y&R ended tomorrow, would Phyllis share her last scenes with Billy or Jack? What would GT say?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Personally speaking, I've seen Mal Young produce two primetime British soap operas that have involved character driven plots, socialist realism & sensationalism. I think he may see GT as Phyllis as a soap opera b!tch with layers who can open up and endure herself to the audience.

In her Daytime Emmy speech, GT mentioned both PB & JT, but there seem to be a specific emphases on PB for helping to introduce her to the workings of Y&R when she started. I don't want to psycho analyse it too close, but GT's husband appears to be quite a bit older than her, and GT didn't seem to be at all uncomfortable while thanking PB for his support.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

While people may not be talking about the way GT look, they sure are talking about behavior.  She's been called desperate and pathetic. Her behavior described as odd. It doesn't get anymore personal.

That subjective tense tho.

So I scrolled back a few months of my posts to see which of those words I'd used in reference to GT. I'll stand by my usage because it's my opinion. Not fact, opinion. GT and anyone else reading my opinion can choose not to value it and get on with their lives.

GT and CG are both currently in pairings that a lot of people loath. Unlike with CG, I don't see people using baseless insinuations about GT's sexuality as reasons why the Philly pairing doesn't and can't work. Unlike with CG, I don't see people wishing for Phyllis to be moved into a same-sex pairing because just breaking her and Billy up wouldn't be enough for them to pretend like there wasn't any real attraction there.

I think in this age of incredibly powerful social media, both women may be handling their characters "haters" in somewhat inadvisable ways. But GT in particular-- again IMO--seems to be acting on the steadfast belief that there's this landslide of support for Philly. So those of us who aren't fooled by such things as polls in soap rags and twitter fanatics either don't exist in her reality or can just take collective flying leaps. Poof! Begone!

GT's lofty attitude irks me more than CG's battles with a-holes coming at her with body-shaming and other slurs because I've seen that stuff developing against CG for years on other soap forums. The kind of people she's been dealing with seemingly feel more emboldened now to spew their nastiness. Meanwhile, GT's got Mal to keep telling her she's the fairest of them all.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Philly happened because they had the support of Mal Young, who clearly used the "loudness" on Twitter (of the SAME users posting over and over again) to back up his point. GT is lucky Mal Young is on her side. PB and how he may or may not feel about it is irrelevant.

I'm not saying she's being fake about PB. Not at all. I'm saying it's separate from what she actually wants to do on this show. Her preference is to play romcom with JT. Character history and story is irrelevant to her. If Y&R ended tomorrow, would Phyllis share her last scenes with Billy or Jack? What would GT say?

 

I still think GT cares about PBs feelings on the matter. Does anyone, especially a newbie, want to step on the toes of one of the longest running cast members and arguably it's most popular. I doubt she's that one tracked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

That subjective tense tho.

So I scrolled back a few months of my posts to see which of those words I'd used in reference to GT. I'll stand by my usage because it's my opinion. Not fact, opinion. GT and anyone else reading my opinion can choose not to value it and get on with their lives.

GT and CG are both currently in pairings that a lot of people loath. Unlike with CG, I don't see people using baseless insinuations about GT's sexuality as reasons why the Philly pairing doesn't and can't work. Unlike with CG, I don't see people wishing for Phyllis to be moved into a same-sex pairing because just breaking her and Billy up wouldn't be enough for them to pretend like there wasn't any real attraction there.

I think in this age of incredibly powerful social media, both women may be handling their characters "haters" in somewhat inadvisable ways. But GT in particular-- again IMO--seems to be acting on the steadfast belief that there's this landslide of support for Philly. So those of us who aren't fooled by such things as polls in soap rags and twitter fanatics either don't exist in her reality or can just take collective flying leaps. Poof! Begone!

GT's lofty attitude irks me more than CG's battles with a-holes coming at her with body-shaming and other slurs because I've seen that stuff developing against CG for years on other soap forums. The kind of people she's been dealing with seemingly feel more emboldened now to spew their nastiness. Meanwhile, GT's got Mal to keep telling her she's the fairest of them all.

Actually, when I thought of those adjectives those were words I used to describe GTs behavior. So, I knew I was accurate that they'd been posted here. The irony, though, is that I was allowed to use those very personal words to describe GT with impunity. Yet, when I say that CG and BJ have no chemistry and do not look good together, which is very tame and common discourse for soap operas in comparison, it's intimated that I'm pathetic. I'm somehow attempting to bastardize Devon and Mariah's attraction to each other if I say she had more chemistry with Tessa than Devon. 

As to the bolded, I don't think for a second that everyone calling for Mariah to be paired with Tessa is seeking to bastardize Mariah's relationship with Devon. As you say, this has been going on with CG for years. The compilation of the writing and lack of chemistry with Kevin then Devon is the driver behind that. 

Both GT and CG has got Mal. He loves them both. He loves Mariah so much that he created a brunette version from her mold. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad I stay away from Twitter, and even happier that I don't visit any boards but this one.  Even when we disagree, the level of discourse is pretty high - even if we do hit a bump or two or Rom Com delights - all things considered.

And to paraphrase Rick in Casablanca, "We'll always have ButtBiscuit".

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, DivaT said:

I don't think that's the case about her sexuality most of the time. I think it means exactly what they're saying it means. Pair both with someone they have better chemistry with or they look better with. Nothing more or nothing less...most of the time.  Other times, it probably is agenda driven. Ex: yesterday Giddens of DC was hinting at Mariah and Tessa being paired. I just think he might want a gay characters on Y&R. He has a tendency to do that. 

I don't know why Jamey Giddens' opinion WRT a Mariah/Tessa pairing should carry any weight. He does know a lot about soap history- I'll give him that, but, that's about it. I listen to the DC podcast and he was a huge fan of MS and her ridiculous, OTT acting. Some of the storyline ideas he tweets are just awful and he's a huge fan of triangles. He's stated on Twitter that there should be a Sharon/Nick/Chelsea triangle and praised the Philly affair when it first started.

A few years ago, he was in talks with Y&R to join the writing team, but that didn't end up working out. If he had joined the writing team, I assure you that things would look very different- I could see him being like MAB- creating storylines for shock value.

Edited by ezzylin
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size