Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I miss the old Newman ranch. I saw pics of it yesterday, along with the staircase and dining room set. It looked like a rich person's home and it had character. The new ranch is dull and looks like regular people live in it, not billionaries. I wish someone would set it on fire again.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I miss the old Newman ranch. I saw pics of it yesterday, along with the staircase and dining room set. It looked like a rich person's home and it had character. The new ranch is dull and looks like regular people live in it, not billionaries. I wish someone would set it on fire again.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. I hated Sharon for that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Didn't he move away with the annoying, manipulative, lying liar that lies Marissa?

Yup.  And with any luck she gave him a fake address.

Or maybe, just maybe, she's living with him a boat!  With El Capitan....

• Love 2

I agree the new ranch set is pretty awful.  It's got all the charm of....well...Victor.  It really IS ugly.

But I don't miss the old set.  It always looked dusty and dirty and in terrible need of an update to me.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, boes said:

I agree the new ranch set is pretty awful.  It's got all the charm of....well...Victor.  It really IS ugly.

But I don't miss the old set.  It always looked dusty and dirty and in terrible need of an update to me.

Yeah, I wasn't in love with old set either. I was hoping the new set would be tres elegante. But now that I think about it, making it a gold plated nouveau riche monstrosity like a certain cheeto faced shitgibbon lives in would be more apropos.

• Love 6

l liked the lines of the old set... it had a kind of elegance or graciousness to it.  The bar always puzzled me.   So did the Golden Girls tropicana feel of the solarium, the Brady bunch front door, and the alternating sea foam green turned apricot peach on the walls.  

OK, that house was a mess, but it didn't deserve to die and be replaced by the ticky tacky little boxes model home. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

The bar always puzzled me.

The bar always reminded me of a hotel desk/reception area.  I think the stairs in the background contributed to that effect.  Also the tv they set up there to exposit happenings in GC.  Had a very business office air to it.

• Love 3
On December 6, 2016 at 11:28 AM, MollyB said:

The bar always reminded me of a hotel desk/reception area.  I think the stairs in the background contributed to that effect.  Also the tv they set up there to exposit happenings in GC.  Had a very business office air to it.

The bar bothered/botheres me because I think it is in poor taste with an alcoholic in the house. You don't have to be dry, you just need to be more sensitive to the alcoholic. Don't rub her face in it.

• Love 5
On 12/3/2016 at 10:47 AM, JasonCC said:

Ashley is iconic Y&R so would never want to lose her, but the character is such a cold fish. Even as a kid never got into her. ED is stunning, and weirdly when I admit my Y&R guilty pleasure I feel like aside from Victor/Nikki people ask about Ashley the most. Huh.

I never got her appeal either. She comes across as extremely cold and Ashley doesn't seem to have much...character besides being crazy a couple of times. She doesn't have the through line of a lot of the more popular Y&R characters.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Thumper82003 said:

The bar bothered/botheres me because I think it is in poor taste with an alcoholic in the house. You don't have to be dry, you just need to be more sensitive to the alcoholic. Don't rub her face in it.

Plus, Nosferaturd had a heart transplant.  Ridiculous enough already, considering the recipient, but transplant patients don't drink.  Except him, I guess, and live very long.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JessePinkman said:

I never got her appeal either. She comes across as extremely cold and Ashley doesn't seem to have much...character besides being crazy a couple of times. She doesn't have the through line of a lot of the more popular Y&R characters.

And the fact that she now spends all her time involving herself in Jack's love life and trying to pin the affair entirely on Phyllis isn't helping.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

I think Sharon's voice sounds like Jan Brady from the movie hit middle age.  M-riah, oh meh gawd, Feth, M-riah's o-keh.  Unnnn-eck, don tek Sull-eh frm Dill-un an meh.

She sounds like she has a cold. She didn't use to sound like this.

• Love 7

Seems to be unpopular these days but I'm in on bitchy Hillary and May/December HiJack whether it's flirty friendship or romance. I like each of them having someone in their corner as they go around town stirring stuff up. 

And while he's in his 60s and she's on her 30s, I can buy a flirtatious friendship crush coming from her to him as Jack's pretty charming, in good shape, has that hair, and is worldly in comparison to a lot of men. Who wouldn't beam under his attention and want to hang out with him (as long as he isn't being lecherous)? 

• Love 11
On 12/12/2016 at 3:45 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

I think Sharon's voice sounds like Jan Brady from the movie hit middle age.  M-riah, oh meh gawd, Feth, M-riah's o-keh.  Unnnn-eck, don tek Sull-eh frm Dill-un an meh.

HAHAHA!!  With just a hint of Cartman's mom, too.

• Love 4
On 12/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

So true! Like how she refers to Newman Enterprises as a KEM-punny instead of a company.

• Love 1

A UO I have is that I don't see the big deal that women are wearing sleeveless dresses.  Maybe it's -20 outside, but it isn't that cold inside.  I personally can't wear sleeveless even in the summer because I am always ice cold, but I'm sure there are plenty of women who can handle dressing like that in a 72 degree office.  What does drive me nuts, though, is when a character goes outside with his/her coat draped over his/her arm.  Just put the damn coat on, because now it is -20!

• Love 8
On 12/18/2016 at 8:26 AM, ByTor said:

So true! Like how she refers to Newman Enterprises as a KEM-punny instead of a company.

Or like when she refers to Nick as a "great Dad" when she's clearly trying to say "banana-scratching blowhole".

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
On 12/19/2016 at 11:40 AM, ByTor said:

A UO I have is that I don't see the big deal that women are wearing sleeveless dresses.  Maybe it's -20 outside, but it isn't that cold inside.  I personally can't wear sleeveless even in the summer because I am always ice cold, but I'm sure there are plenty of women who can handle dressing like that in a 72 degree office.  What does drive me nuts, though, is when a character goes outside with his/her coat draped over his/her arm.  Just put the damn coat on, because now it is -20!

Every time I see them in sleeveless dresses I get second-hand stress about the heating bills. And their carbon footprints. But not as much second-hand stress as when they clomp inside from the Wisconsin snow/salt/slush and don't remove their shoes. GAH!

My UO is that I hope Faith dies in a snowdrift. I've had enough of that smarmy kid.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, glowlights said:

Every time I see them in sleeveless dresses I get second-hand stress about the heating bills

My UO is that I hope Faith dies in a snowdrift. I've had enough of that smarmy kid.

Haha much like in the summer I think about those air conditioning bills as I'm wearing my North Face jacket indoors, still unable to get rid of my goose bumps :)

Ugh, don't even get me started on Faith and her "OOOOOHHHHHH I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!" schtick!  And the singing...dear Lord the singing!  I'm not sure she got out the full "jingle" in Jingle Bells before I put the laptop on mute.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I am sick of the little diva called Faith calling the shots GMAB1. Nicki's hair has it's own twitter account now..... 

Terrible!  I've seen comparisons to that 80s giant wave on your forehead thing (Janet Jackson's was epic!), but I beg to differ, I think Nikki looks like someone put a kielbasa on her forehead and wrapped her hair around it.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

Was that on purpose? I thought they'd put a barrel curler in her hair and forgot to comb it out. She looks a lot nicer with a simple 'do.

9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Ugh, don't even get me started on Faith and her "OOOOOHHHHHH I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!" schtick!  And the singing...dear Lord the singing!  I'm not sure she got out the full "jingle" in Jingle Bells before I put the laptop on mute.

It was like an outtake from Waiting For Guffman.

• Love 5

I am sick of the little diva called Faith calling the shots GMAB1. Nicki's hair has it's own twitter account now..... 

On 2016-12-12 at 6:45 PM, Big Blue Plate said:

Botox and other fillers aren't allowing her face to move normally!

• Love 10
12 hours ago, glowlights said:

Every time I see them in sleeveless dresses I get second-hand stress about the heating bills. And their carbon footprints. But not as much second-hand stress as when they clomp inside from the Wisconsin snow/salt/slush and don't remove their shoes. GAH!

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Haha much like in the summer I think about those air conditioning bills as I'm wearing my North Face jacket indoors, still unable to get rid of my goose bumps :)

HAHAHA!  Great posts!  With any luck Faith can die in that snowdrift while singing the soundtrack to Carousel.  (I pretty much hate Carousel, too).  

• Love 10
On 12/30/2016 at 8:18 AM, JasonCC said:

Watching yesterday's US episode I have a new unpopular opinion:As Devon gets older he's becoming a pretty handsome man. I like the beard. He never did it for me before.

Do you have a fever? Rash? Worried about you. (jk, it's all good)

• Love 4

How's this for a UO: I am on board for a change in Victor's character to make him less focused on stupid business rivalries and more focused on enjoying life. Mainly because EB seems to be at his best when interacting with children and animals. YOUGOTTHAT?

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, glowlights said:

How's this for a UO: I am on board for a change in Victor's character to make him less focused on stupid business rivalries and more focused on enjoying life. Mainly because EB seems to be at his best when interacting with children and animals. YOUGOTTHAT?

You're playing a very dangerous game!

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Not only am I on board for it, I'm liking the minor changes to his character so far!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not only am I on board for it, I'm liking the minor changes to his character so far!

The only downside is that it would give Nikki less opportunity to booze it up, and I am a big fan of Drunkki. Yuuuuge fan. 

And Victor's new attitude might mean more screen time for Faith, which is never a good thing.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, glowlights said:

The only downside is that it would give Nikki less opportunity to booze it up, and I am a big fan of Drunkki. Yuuuuge fan. 

And Victor's new attitude might mean more screen time for Faith, which is never a good thing.

Maybe Drinkki will be so bored by Sunshine Mary... er I mean Victor, that she''ll start drinking to alleviate the tedium.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Maybe Drinkki will be so bored by Sunshine Mary... er I mean Victor, that she''ll start drinking to alleviate the tedium.

Yes! Maybe she will realize she only liked him in very small doses. Having him underfoot all day, wanting to go to the charity meetings with her, asking her to play the piano for him, hovering while she texts Jack... Grey Goose time!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, glowlights said:

Yes! Maybe she will realize she only liked him in very small doses. Having him underfoot all day, wanting to go to the charity meetings with her, asking her to play the piano for him, hovering while she texts Jack... Grey Goose time!

Yup.

• Love 1