Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Sharin does have a lot of nerve to stay there after what she did. Why would she even want to be around a bunch of people who hate her when she can afford to move. If I were Victor I would have burned down the cottage as payback.

I thought that WAS the popular opinion.  lol  I will be unpopular and say I like Sharon.  lol  But I missed at least a decade of this show, so maybe that's why. 

Edited by peach

If I were Victor I would have burned down the cottage as payback.

This is what I keep hoping, happens. LOL  The Sharin character is one of my least fave characters. Lily, Cane and Sharon.. toss up..

• Love 1
(edited)

Lily, Cane and Sharon.. toss up..

I don't understand how Lily and Cane have so many fans. I'm trying to be objective and I still don't see anything appealing about them. Lily might be tolerable separately but when she's around Cane she's insufferable. 

I really like Chelsea. I think that's unpopular?

Here is one I definitely know is hugely unpopular among TWOPers - Phyllis is my favorite character and I have no problems with MS acting. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

I like Sharon also. Both the character and the actress. How many other actress get praised for rolling with the punches for not letting terrible story lines get her down? I think SC is well liked among her peers. I also think she probably leads a charmed life off screen. Not saying she doesn't have anything bad happen, but she seems like a glass half full type of person. Not that I know her or anything like that. She just seems like she would be a cool chick to hang with in real life. And I have not read of her ever bad mouthing anyone so that gets unlimited, although not redeemable for cash, points in my point system. Yay Sharon/Sharon.

IA stewed. Several of the Y&R actors have acknowledged her for being professional and going with the s/ls as written. Not saying she hasn't tweaked a few things because she has admittedly done so. IMO, her more subtle style of acting is preferable because I'm not distracted by annoying mannerisms while she's speaking. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie

I don't understand how Lily and Cane have so many fans. I'm trying to be objective and I still don't see anything appealing about them. Lily might be tolerable separately but when she's around Cane she's insufferable. 

I really like Chelsea. I think that's unpopular?

Here is one I definitely know is hugely unpopular among TWOPers - Phyllis is my favorite character and I have no problems with MS acting. 

I don't get the appeal with Cane and Lily either.. Lily never should have been tied down to that old con man..

I liked Chelsea a while ago but have not been into her for awhile.

And I loved Phyllis and MS's version. I think she was the best talent on the show. Not a fan of SC or Sharon at all. Never saw the appeal with this character either.. she is a weak needy manipulative bitch.

. IMO, her more subtle style of acting is preferable because I'm not distracted by annoying mannerisms while she's speaking. 

WOW I don't see subtle at all with SC.. the bug eyes she uses in every scene is very distracting. I think she is a weak actor.

• Love 1

Sharin does have a lot of nerve to stay there after what she did. Why would she even want to be around a bunch of people who hate her when she can afford to move. If I were Victor I would have burned down the cottage as payback.

I know!

(edited)

I don't hate him I just find his "I'm Victor Newman and I do whatever I want" shtick to be old and repetitive. I do root for him the few times he goes after someone I don't like, mainly Sharin.

I'm pretty meh on this version of Billy but I still don't like the idea of Vikki and Stitch. A few hookups is fine but I don't want to see it turn into a full on romance. I'm still hoping something will change with Billy like DT improving or the character being recasted.

Edited by LeftPhalange

O.k. here is mine:  I like Victor.  There, I said it.  Go ahead and kill me.

LOL I like him too peach.

Is there a place on this site where I can find out how to up a cool picture next to my log-in like some of y'all have done?

go to the top and you will see your name.. click on that..then hit my profile.. then a green box on the right that says edit my profile and then there is something there you can click that says change my photo. Then just add the pic you want as your profile pic.

I find Victor/EB kind of comforting, in a "last man standing" sort of way. New characters and recasts swirl around him, and there he is, a bastion of hot air.

While I'm here, could Abby and her fiance/not/fiance go away, please? They seem pointless, as does Courtney...unless she turns out to be somehow related to Paul...or something.

• Love 3

Here my unpopular opinion.  I like Nick and I think Josh Morrow does a good job playing him.  Yes, the character is a tool sometimes and Morrow certainly isn't Shakespearan quailty, but I can't help it. 

• Love 3

I like Nick and I think Josh Morrow does a good job playing him.

I can't stand Nick. JM seems like a pretty nice guy tho. Altho I think his acting leaves a little to be desired. I am not surprised he has not got much prime time.

(edited)

Meh I don't think there is any such thing as an unpopular opinion because there usually seems to be good company in those opinions.  That said, I guess it's not cool say Michelle Stafford and her web series suck, but there you go.  I think many in the soap industry know it too, but are just to kind to say she is a talentless moron who let her ego get in the way.  She had a great soap gig that paid well and she could probably still have that job if she hadn't insisted on being the star.   I'll forever be grateful to JFP for finally doing what needed to be done, harnessing that rabid bitch and sticking her in a kennel.   Good riddance and stay gone.  

The other one?  Not getting what is so great about NIkki and Victor.  They were never all that great imo. I think Bill Bell was great and because he created opulent sets with beautiful lighting, music and glamour around Nikki/Victor, we were able to look beyond how dysfunctional and abusive their relationship has always been.  For me, I found Victor at his best with Ashley and then later on Hope.  I thought he was truly tender and very endearing with Hope.  They were a great loves story that should have kept going.  I never got his fascination with that trailer park stripper and I still don't.  Nikki is a trashy bawdy dame who still has no class.   

ETA:  Liking Sharon/Adam,  that's definitely an unpopular opinion, though again there were a lot of us who preferred them together than apart. 

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 1
(edited)

I guess it's not cool say Michelle Stafford and her web series suck, but there you go.

Practically everyone at TWOP thought MS was the devil reincarnated so I don't think saying her web show sucks is unpopular here.

Liking Sharon/Adam

When Adam comes back I really hope he doesn't get stuck with Sharin again. When she found out he died she barely batted an eyelash so I hope she keeps up that attitude when he comes back. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2
(edited)
For me, I found Victor at his best with Ashley and then later on Hope.  I thought he was truly tender and very endearing with Hope.

I completely agree with this.  Both of these women managed to bring out the best in Victor (at least back in the day; the most recent Ashley/Victor retread not so much).  This is part of why I absolutely HATED what they did to Adam.  No child raised by Hope would be turn out to be a vent-crawling gaslighting babynapping DNA-planting (probably) murderer.  If they needed to do all that crap for DRAH-MA they should have brought on a new character.  If they needed to tie that character to the canvas they should have made him a Fisher or a Baldwin - there's plenty of dysfunction and crazy in that family.  But Hope's son?  Just, no. 

I really hope when Thing is recast with the rest of Adam, he has had a turnaround and maybe had a brain tumor removed or something.

And yes, I also hope they don't pair him with Sharon.  She didn't bat an eye when he died and he tossed evidence that could clear her of murder into the river and didn't blink.  They're a more toxic pair than Nikki and Victor, and that's saying something.

Edited by Aquarius
  • Love 2

Practically everyone at TWOP thought MS was the devil reincarnated so I don't think saying her web show sucks is unpopular here.

So true.. a lot of hate for MS at twop.. makes me like her all the more and I love that she left the tanking show to do something that makes her happy. Obviously she made enough money to do it so I say more power to her.

• Love 1

I also hope they don't pair him with Sharon.  She didn't bat an eye when he died and he tossed evidence that could clear her of murder into the river and didn't blink.  They're a more toxic pair than Nikki and Victor, and that's saying something.

If I actually liked Sharin I don't think I could ever like the Shadam pairing. She was no angel but he really did some twisted shit to her. How could you go back to the man who stole your child, let you think she was dead, and was willing to let you tor in prison that you didn't commit. What kind of man sleeps with a woman after she married your old ass father twice and had sex with him. Just nasty. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Meh I don't think there is any such thing as an unpopular opinion because there usually seems to be good company in those opinions.  That said, I guess it's not cool say Michelle Stafford and her web series suck, but there you go.  I think many in the soap industry know it too, but are just to kind to say she is a talentless moron who let her ego get in the way.  She had a great soap gig that paid well and she could probably still have that job if she hadn't insisted on being the star.   I'll forever be grateful to JFP for finally doing what needed to be done, harnessing that rabid bitch and sticking her in a kennel.   Good riddance and stay gone.  

Here here!  That overacting wildebeest ate the show alive all during LML and MAB tenures.  I will love JFP forever for minimizing MS' story line and screen time which in turn made MS pout, take her sexay red mantis toys and leave.  Hooray! 

Edited by Suby
  • Love 3

What kind of man sleeps with a woman after she married your old ass father twice and had sex with him. Just nasty.

A real low life scum bucket.. that kind..

That overacting wildebeest

Ya Sharon is a wildebeest LOL

• Love 1

Ya Sharon is a wildebeest LOL

I didn't realize this was a Sharon vs. Phyllis thread or board for that matter.  My post you quoted was about MS as the character Phyllis.

• Love 3
I never got his fascination with that trailer park stripper and I still don't.  Nikki is a trashy bawdy dame who still has no class.

Me neither. Apart from the unlikely pairing of the billionaire and the stripper (which had some initial surprise element), they've got nothing, except history now. But the truth is they haven't been together nearly as much as they have been apart (in actual years). They are really a gross couple. ugh. The "baby" stuff. Yuck. 

I didn't realize this was a Sharon vs. Phyllis thread or board for that matter.

Right? God, let's please not go down that juvenile route. 

• Love 3

I didn't realize this was a Sharon vs. Phyllis thread or board for that matter.  My post you quoted was about MS as the character Phyllis.

WHo said it was. I just think the same thing about SC and her weird acting.  So wildebeest fit for her too.

Apart from the unlikely pairing of the billionaire and the stripper (which had some initial surprise element), they've got nothing, except history now.

I thought they initially had chemistry.  But it was very much based on the mismatch of their circumstances, and also eons ago, so Victor's condescension of Nikki just didn't rub me so wrong.  Colonel Austen being on the scene and being in Nikki's corner also helped a lot with that.  But now, when Nikki is supposed to have been "gentrified" for so many years now, Victor treating her the way he does just makes him a tool. 

I wish this show had allowed Victor to grow and change.  It's like he is the same person who first met Nikki, only more wrinkled and flabby.

• Love 3

II wish this show had allowed Victor to grow and change.  It's like he is the same person who first met Nikki, only more wrinkled and flabby.

lol.  Well is it the show that didn't let Victor grow and change or is it EB?  hmmmm

When Adam comes back I really hope he doesn't get stuck with Sharin again. When she found out he died she barely batted an eyelash so I hope she keeps up that attitude when he comes back.

I was just thinking this while watching today.  Adam "died", and she just offered condolences to Chelsea and shrugged it off.  Despite their history, I thought he meant something to her.

(edited)

lol.  Well is it the show that didn't let Victor grow and change or is it EB?  hmmmm

I'm going with EB,. Based on insider info, feuds with costars, temper tantrums on set with writers and even his interviews, he thinks Victor should always win, have the last word and be superior to women.   I will throw a ticker tape parade the day that old goat leaves the show.  He has never been YR to me.   I was watching the show before there ever was A Victor Newman and imo,  the show was given star power and glamour the day Jeanne Cooper appeared with her jeweled talons and blazing blue eyes.  I could never take my eyes off her when she was on. 

• Love 2

As for why Adam slept with Sharin after his dad, what about Nick taking another ride on the share train?  For me the only time I found Sharin tolerable was with Adam.  She and Nick are toxic.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really don't get all the pearl clutching about  Adam and Nick both wanting Sharon after being with Victor.   Nikki and Victoria both shared several men, Cole, then Deacon.  Ashley and Tracey were both with Brad. . If I recall Ashley was not only with Victor but also had a fling with his brother.  Then there's Jack and is father who both bedded Jill.  There are more, but I'll stop here.

For me, Sharon being with Victor is gross only because it's Victor regardless of whether he had sons or not.  A beautiful young woman like her letting an old skeevy perverted man like that who wears mom jeans touch her in any fashion is just wrong.  

I used to be such a shick fan back in the day but JM killed all that for me when he started acting like MS had somehow made him some sort of superstar.  If anything she ruined his acting and his character by making him look like a clueless frat boy.  He should be kissing Sharon Case's feet for making him even relevant, without her he would have never achieve super couple status.  He might like to think Phick were it, but as is evidenced they were never all that and had no staying power.  Ten plus years and still going, Shick have their fans, still as toxic and wrong as Sharon/Adam were they were sizzling and delicious.  NOLA will forever be etched in my brain.  

• Love 2

I so disagree with just about everything you said. I think JM is kissing MS's feet because he finally got noticed after being paired with SC for ten long years.. that is why he wanted Phick.. finally Nick was talked about..

I do agree that Sharon had way more chem with MM then she does with JM. It is so obvious JM does not want this pairing and it shows in his acting.

• Love 1

I used to be such a shick fan back in the day but JM killed all that for me when he started acting like MS had somehow made him some sort of superstar.  If anything she ruined his acting and his character by making him look like a clueless frat boy.  He should be kissing Sharon Case's feet for making him even relevant, without her he would have never achieve super couple status.  He might like to think Phick were it, but as is evidenced they were never all that and had no staying power.  Ten plus years and still going, Shick have their fans, still as toxic and wrong as Sharon/Adam were they were sizzling and delicious.  NOLA will forever be etched in my brain.  

The Phick pairing is what gave Nick all of those hilarious nicknames.  He stood there with his hands in his pockets while the loud, scenery chewing, line-stepping, abrasive MS led him around by his nutsack.  JM was enjoying the ride of getting good pay to come to  work and play his frat boy self.   No long pages of dialogue to remember, no emotion, just simulate sex and drinking beer.  Good gig if you can get it.

I did not see chemistry with Shadam at all, but I do admit that NOLA was hot!

• Love 5
I used to be such a shick fan back in the day but JM killed all that for me when he started acting like MS had somehow made him some sort of superstar.  If anything she ruined his acting and his character by making him look like a clueless frat boy.

I wasn't a Shick fan per se but I absolutely bought them as a couple. And I agree with the above. Nick seems much stronger and more masculine with Sharon. 

SC generally lets the guys shine in her on-screen pairings. I can't think of one guy who didn't look good paired with her. Okay, Victor. But even then she gave it as an actress. You actually bought that she (ugh) was into him. Unlike MS who couldn't say "I love Jack" during Phack 2.0 without making it sound like it was some big fucking joke she was playing on the guy.

• Love 7
(edited)

Nick seems much stronger and more masculine with Sharon. 

SC generally lets the guys shine in her on-screen pairings. I can't think of one guy who didn't look good paired with her. Okay, Victor. But even then she gave it as an actress. You actually bought that she (ugh) was into him. Unlike MS who couldn't say "I love Jack" during Phack 2.0 without making it sound like it was some big fucking joke she was playing on the guy.

YES to your whole post, but that bolded part is what was seriously lacking with phuck.   MS emasculated JM, not just acting, but even physically.  She had a way of swallowing up the scene physically.  SC is a naturally sultry woman. She has a grace in the way that she moves which just compliments the men she is paired with regardless of their stature.  JM needs that especially because he is not a strong actor.   He is one who really does rely on the beefcake, sex and romance which he does well.  MS is not good at any of that and is not a particularly graceful or sensual woman. She has a tall clumsy body and every time she wanted to drape herself all over JM it just ruined what he NEEDED to bring.  

Don't even get me started on how she decimated Phyllis and Jack.  The mark of a good actor/tress is the ability to transfer what is on paper to the screen and make fans believe it, regardless of what the actor/tress feels or any tension that may be there between the actors.  MS could never do this and that's why she sucked. She had possibly one of the most talented andt highly regarded leading men in the industry in PB a chance to rebuild a couple that was so beloved and could have been great.  Instead the egomaniac tanked it because she wanted to be paired with beefcake younger than her so she could hold on to some image she had cultivated in her mind as the sexiest sexy that ever sexied.  Stupid bitch.  Good riddance. 

• Love 10
JM needs that especially because he is not a strong actor.   He is one who really does rely on the beefcake, sex and romance which he does well.

I agree.  I liked Nick and Phyllis at first because there was an element of unlikeliness in the couple themselves, and then the whole forbidden/sinful aspect of it.  (Yes, it was totally wrong of Nick to that to Sharon when she was grieving, but I watch soaps for complications and drama, not to see inspirational tales of men sticking by their wives in times of crisis).  I also liked the story arc of Nick and Phyllis, which included the whole Cassie/Daniel thing, and them being against each other and then as the truth came out, realize they needed to fight on the same side.  That Nick decided to help Daniel at the end just grew the soft spot I have always had for the character.

But when the show made them a legitimate couple, it killed it for me.  They were too mismatched to be anything more than a brief torrid relationship.  That's how it should have happened, and then they should have remained friends afterward because they did have a nice bantering chemistry once upon a time.

• Love 3

The mark of a good actor/tress is the ability to transfer what is on paper to the screen and make fans believe it, regardless of what the actor/tress feels or any tension that may be there between the   ors.

Absolutely Trip! No matter what the actor's opinion is of the writing or their costars, the audience should be completely unaware of it until they read about it in a legit magazine or hear an interview. Doing otherwise is a profound sign of disrespect to the other cast members you share scenes with and is completely unprofessional. 

• Love 5
(edited)
having them both beg for anything Nick was a major turn off

I HATED the way Sharon and Phyllis were turned into pathetic teenagers over that LOSER Nick. ugh. One of many things I was hoping for the paternity story was that both Sharon and Phyllis would see finally that Nick is a complete disgusting tool and that they both wasted years on him. But instead he continues to be the prize.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

Sharon and Phyllis would see finally that Nick is a complete disgusting tool and that they both wasted years on him. But instead he continues to be the prize.

Serious question:  Who would you have liked to see them with?

Serious question:  Who would you have liked to see them with?

I didn't have strong feelings on this. My issue was with the show's refusal to hold Nick to account for anything.

But if pressed, I would have liked to see Sharon with a non-Newman. I loved Phack the first time around. And if MS had been into it they would have worked again. 

• Love 2

I HATED the way Sharon and Phyllis were turned into pathetic teenagers over that LOSER Nick. ugh. One of many things I was hoping for the paternity story was that both Sharon and Phyllis would see finally that Nick is a complete disgusting tool and that they both wasted years on him. But instead he continues to be the prize.

I was a huge Phick fan until Nick kissed Sharon in Paris. I jumped off real quick. I think Nick is the biggest douche bag in the way he deals with the women in his life. He is so disrespectful and cruel . He does not give a shit how he hurts them , it is all about what Nick wants.. The biggest loser is the one who ends up with Nick. He is no prize..

Who would you have liked to see them with?

Personally, I would have loved to see RA ( Noah) to come in as a totally unrelated character and for him and Sharon to have had a true younger older story. I think they look good together and I think their chemistry is great.. and I liked Ronan and Phyllis.. hated her with jack the second time around..  too much water under the bridge... and I am not into couple bouncing back and forth with each other.. Never understood that , when it is over .. it is over.. and I like when they keep it that way.

I loved Phack the first time around. And if MS had been into it they would have worked again.

I don't think the writing showed that Phyllis was in love with Jack.. she was settling. But the way I saw it  written was that she was still in love with Nick. Then the dog got with her sister.

• Love 1

I had to hop off the Phick train after he tried to sleep with Avery while still married to Phyllis. I started to like her with Jack because he treated her well and wouldn't have cheated on her with her sister or been obsessed with playing captin save a ho with Sharin.